There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote: This is happening at an increasing rate....French Muslim singer who had gone viral, suddenly finds herself booted from the show when "problematic" social media posts resurface. Naturally, her posts were "taken out of context".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43002832
Here's hoping we don't get any ye olde murky tweets from Nadiya out of Bake Off. As far as token muslims go, she seems pretty nice.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sulman wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: DVhhtU9XkAAha2v (1).jpeg
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 71069.html
A hamster holocaust. Let us remember Pebbles, tearfully flushed to avoid travel disruption.
Toilets on airplanes? Don't make me laugh. Sure, some trials were conducted, but toilets on airplanes were never implemented. Instead what you think of as the 'toilet' is actually a pressure control valve for the toilet, to control the carbon monoxide, which is what the engines run on
No, she flushed in the airport terminal. Terminally. Tearfully! I'm a horrible bad person because it cracked me up. It still does. What kind of sheep-person flushes a living pet down a toilet (even a rodent) and then complains to the press about it?
Oh wow, I didn't realise she actually did it, maybe I should read that link!

What a cunty thing to do, no chance of her keeping that quiet though eh?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Karmakin wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 am
Fegg wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I think Peterson can be argued without resorting to wild reinterpretation.
I don't understand why it is even remotely controversial for Peterson to say that the point of wearing lipstick is to simulate sexual arousal. I can see that openly stating it makes many people feel uncomfortable, but pretty much everyone must know that it is true.

B.
For me here's the thing. Let's assume he's wrong, for whatever reason. On this, I don't think he is, but let's just assume he's wrong. Even then, what is so different between this and the multitude of studies and theories about society and culture coming from academia? I really don't see a difference. You think he's wrong? OK, give your theory on why women wear lipstick? Go ahead.

That's the core problem. "Progressive" (I.E. Left Authoritarian) academia wants to maintain a monopoly on even beginning to think about this stuff. So instead of engaging, it's entirely dismissed at the root. That's the big problem, and it's why the "Progressive" culture is becoming more and more out of touch. Honestly, I do argue that this is the dynamic that created the Slymepit...so it's kind of a huge chunk of the culture wars, if not the majority of it. Everything, from Atheism+ to GamerGate to all the shit happening right now, the whole shebang, I believe is caused by "Progressive" Technology, Academia, and Media (Credit to the Weinsteins for that) wanting to maintain a moral and ethical monopoly. Anybody who is in any way a threat to the TAM, I.E. people who can convince other people of different alternative views, is a threat and must be utterly crushed.
visit google and find that all of the popular histories of lipstick, written by women, acknowledge its history in terms of being a sexual display.
visit google scholar and find tons of articles by psychologists, anthropologists, biologists examining lipstick's history as well as the optics and psychology of the color red and our eyes and our brains.

And fine, argue against that, but the past 24 hours I've seen tons of women (and their defenders), and tons of well the sort of usually skeptical egalitarian maybe even conservative not so feminist women all arguing that Peterson is an out and out misogynist for stating this.

The best argument I've seen but I don't think it holds up, is that regardless of its origin, it has moved past that

I don't think it holds up because regardless of why a person wears make-up, that may not matter to some our ancient brains. Maybe it should, but it will take awhile for evolution to catch up to pop values. It doesn't justify assault or harassment, just says you may not be able to cleanly divorce the origin story or biological effects from the modern usage.

Right now a lot of people are trying to push back against Peterson, he's a Christian, he's a rightwinger, which is fine, but I think in doing so, they are grasping at the same flawed methods of cherry picking arguments and misrepresenting them.

One of the other flawed arguments is, you're defending what Peterson said so you are a member of his cult.

It's also very weird to see women say:

> earn respect, boost confidence, and be taken seriously

Without asking how wearing lipstick or makeup actually works to boost confidence? What's really going on there.

Also the "we wear nice clothes, makeup, heels" to look good for each other, not for men. I've heard that enough times that I believe it, but again what is happening.

Do women wear these things, go to these lengths to participate in a supportive community of women, or so as not to beaten up by other women policing their behaviors and demanding they wear them.

Are these clothes simply looking nice, or is it specifically, looking young an sexually desirable as a way of competing with other women?

Beats me, I dunno. I do know asking is crossing the line.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:00 am
What kind of sheep-person flushes a living pet down a toilet (even a rodent) and then complains to the press about it?
disabled/traumatized
female
college student
taught to obey not question authority

Think McFly, think

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

What kind of sheep-person flushes a living pet down a toilet (even a rodent) and then complains to the press about it?
Isn't that how the New York Sewer alligator infestation started?

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: And fine, argue against that, but the past 24 hours I've seen tons of women (and their defenders), and tons of well the sort of usually skeptical egalitarian maybe even conservative not so feminist women all arguing that Peterson is an out and out misogynist for stating this.
There is a very big difference between the following statements

(A) The function of Elizabethan codpieces is to simulate sexual arousal.

(B) Elizabethan men generally wore codpieces for the intended purpose of simulating sexual arousal

The first statement is obviously true, and the second is very likely false. Elizabethan men were probably more concerned with following fashion.

B.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

MarcusAu wrote:
Isn't that how the New York Sewer alligator infestation started?
Or Teenage Mutant Ninja Hamsters
download (3).jpeg
(11.3 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Keating wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 am
The segue half-way through this gave me whiplash.

My understanding is that essentially a whole new team has come in to manage the event. "Based Mama" with an IQ of 140 was the only core team member left. And I think many people concluded that she was the core problem. After doing the smart thing of bringing in a new team to manage the event, "Based Mama" has stepped back to just deal with the hotel & local vendors. She really isn't a people person.

That said, the guest list has completely changed. All of the interesting guests dropped out and has been backfilled with nobodies.
http://www.kilroyevent.com/guests.html

Christina Hoff Somers is the only recognizable worth while person there. But I can honestly get my fill of her from her videos. I have no undying urge to meet her in person.

It has also ceased to be a crowd I think it would be fun to hang out with and drink beer with for the weekend.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Fegg wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 pm
Guest_d2e60302 wrote: And fine, argue against that, but the past 24 hours I've seen tons of women (and their defenders), and tons of well the sort of usually skeptical egalitarian maybe even conservative not so feminist women all arguing that Peterson is an out and out misogynist for stating this.

(B) Elizabethan men generally wore codpieces for the intended purpose of simulating sexual arousal

The first statement is obviously true, and the second is very likely false. Elizabethan men were probably more concerned with following fashion.

B.
I don't think Peterson was saying B. I think he was saying

(C) Elizabethan men may be probably more concerned with following fashion, but they should understand, (A), biology, and all these other things. They should not pretend their fashion intention means the biology goes away.

I think the other folks heard B, but I don't think anyone but them said B.

I doubt feminists would allow men to get away with wearing a codpiece in the office even though we say it

(8====D- - My codpiece gives me confidence and it helps earn respect among my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie and Dim.

because they would say (E) a codpiece at its heart is all about "PENIS!"

The difference between E and C is that Peterson (and others) claim red lipstick is sexually arousing is based on biology and is a falsifiable claim, and no one has made that claim about E.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Fegg wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:04 pm

B.
I don't think Peterson was saying B. I think he was saying

(C) Elizabethan men may be probably more concerned with following fashion, but they should understand, (A), biology, and all these other things. They should not pretend their fashion intention means the biology goes away.

I think the other folks heard B, but I don't think anyone but them said B.

I doubt feminists would allow men to get away with wearing a codpiece in the office even though we say it

(8====D- - My codpiece gives me confidence and it helps earn respect among my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie and Dim.

because they would say (E) a codpiece at its heart is all about "PENIS!"

The difference between E and C is that Peterson (and others) claim red lipstick is sexually arousing is based on biology and is a falsifiable claim, and no one has made that claim about E.
Attachments
o-RIK-MAYALL-570.jpg
(55.67 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 am
Fegg wrote:
I don't understand why it is even remotely controversial for Peterson to say that the point of wearing lipstick is to simulate sexual arousal. I can see that openly stating it makes many people feel uncomfortable, but pretty much everyone must know that it is true.

B.
https://waldinadotcom.files.wordpress.c ... e-ladd.jpg
RED FACE IS NOT OKAY!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:

There is some talk from the usual suspects about Belgium threatening Hungary with "force" but so far all I found from "credible" sources was the following :
https://thehungaryjournal.wordpress.com ... -alliance/
The Hungarian government rejects Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel’s “ultimatum” on migration, Szijjarto said, in reaction to Michel, who said in an interview with Belgian news site Le Soir on Saturday that Visegrad countries that “refuse to act in solidarity [with the rest of the EU] are being given an ultimatum”. Unless they come to a consensus on the matter at the European Council heads of government by June this year, the debate will be decided by a simple majority, Michel said.
*shrug*

Much ado about nothing other than a few countries do not want Muslims (because they cause issues and various opportunities to virtue signal) and Brussels is pissed off because they are not respecting authority.

Whatever man. Fuck.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 am
Fegg wrote:

B.
https://waldinadotcom.files.wordpress.c ... e-ladd.jpg
RED FACE IS NOT OKAY!
Neither is this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_p2dHWwchk9E/S ... y+butt.jpg

But this is OK. I can handle it. Also I see a bullseye, slightly misplaced if you ask me but whatever:
http://www.organicauthority.com/images/ ... baboon.jpg

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Amy Schumer is blonde, white, able-bodied, femme and yes, thin. She IS society's beauty ideal.

women are delusional.
all these people deserve each other.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well at least someone feels pretty...

https://i.redd.it/s9hyucany7iz.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote: Well at least someone feels pretty...

Jeezus, I thought Elyse had gotten a haircut.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Amy Schumer isn't pretty, not by a shot. If her eyes were any closer together, she'd be a cyclops.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 pm
I checked in on her recently out of curiosity. Thankfully for her own good she has dropped twitter. She is still on Instagram. Her poor kids are already showing signs of being mentally fucked. It is the whole nature-nurture question being blown out in full force. I can't tell if her husband is still in the picture or not, or if he is the occasional boot licker she references.

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 pm
I checked in on her recently out of curiosity. Thankfully for her own good she has dropped twitter. She is still on Instagram. Her poor kids are already showing signs of being mentally fucked. It is the whole nature-nurture question being blown out in full force. I can't tell if her husband is still in the picture or not, or if he is the occasional boot licker she references.
Nature or nurture, those poor kids have steep odds.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

After 4 years of resisting, I finally have to concede as to the utility of the ignore function. Some people just lose their presumption of being worth listening to.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:14 am

what is the name of the fallacy that your generation is always the first generation
Is it just me or is that another guy in a dress and a wig who is telling real women how they need to act and behave as women?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I like the idea of that movie conceptually.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

jugheadnaut wrote: After 4 years of resisting, I finally have to concede as to the utility of the ignore function. Some people just lose their presumption of being worth listening to.
Vickie and guru will maybe miss you.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

what is the name of the fallacy that your generation is always the first generation
Is it just me or is that another guy in a dress and a wig who is telling real women how they need to act and behave as women?
Whatever do you mean?

NB- Don't read the link if you have recently eaten, would like to eat, are pregnant, nursing or on any psychotropic medication.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 pm
After 4 years of resisting, I finally have to concede as to the utility of the ignore function. Some people just lose their presumption of being worth listening to.
*sniff*

<<trots off into the corner to cry>>

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Is it just me or is that another guy in a dress and a wig who is telling real women how they need to act and behave as women?
Ana has one hell of an Adam's apple for a woman. I wouldn't want to get into a dick measuring contest with her.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MarcusAu wrote: Well at least someone feels pretty...

*spew*

FUCKKKKK!!

CaptainFluffyBunny

deLurch wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote: Is it just me or is that another guy in a dress and a wig who is telling real women how they need to act and behave as women?
Ana has one hell of an Adam's apple for a woman. I wouldn't want to get into a dick measuring contest with her.
The picture of "Don't Judge a Girl for What's Between Her Legs" is also a link.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Andrew-
DUPQcNlW4AA1j1n.jpeg
(124.04 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Still fails to measure up. Maybe he should clean his room.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Does anyone doubt the Holodomor occurred? Are the numbers overestimated?
Why would it matter.

The issue here is antisemitism and anger that Israel has leverage which they are prepared to wield. Denialism is really the rejection of this ace, and so you work backwards to redefine history into a more acceptable version.

There isn’t any need to exact the same spoons for the Ukrainian peasants.

In breaking news Iran has had a drone intercepted over Israel. Israel has attacked an Iranian HQ in Syria and has lost an F16 in the process. :popcorn:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Tigzy wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am
shoutinghorse wrote: ISIS Beatles songs .. :shifty:

I wanna hold your head.
OO Blood Di .. OO Blood Da.
Here comes the Sunni's.
Hey Jews.
Twist and Shoot.
Allah Submarine
Drive My Car (Into Some Pedestrians)
Muzzie in the Sky with Virgins
Please Please Mo
A Hard Day's Shiite
I am the Wahabbist
Mujaheed's Silver Hammer
Daesh in the Life
Mean Mister Mustard Gas

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 pm
Andrew-
DUPQcNlW4AA1j1n.jpeg
Challenge 1: Obtain your own room instead of mooching off of friends and sympathetic strangers.
Challenge 2: Clean said room.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The old pond,
A frog jumps in:
Plop!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Busy day at the office.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Busy day at the office.

I was kind of expecting that. The Israeli-Saudi-GCC goal of weakening Iran (and Hezbollah/Hamas) through Salafi militias has by and large failed, since the US under Trump stopped backing those Salafi militias, but Turkey has given a big assist to the war against Assad and Iran in his invasion to slaughter the Kurds. So this is the right time for the IDF to strike at Syrian and Iranian assets, since Assad is busy trying to deal with Turkey taking over parts of Syria and Iran is also dealing with protests and civil unrest.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 am
I was kind of expecting that. The Israeli-Saudi-GCC goal of weakening Iran (and Hezbollah/Hamas) through Salafi militias has by and large failed, since the US under Trump stopped backing those Salafi militias, but Turkey has given a big assist to the war against Assad and Iran in his invasion to slaughter the Kurds. So this is the right time for the IDF to strike at Syrian and Iranian assets, since Assad is busy trying to deal with Turkey taking over parts of Syria and Iran is also dealing with protests and civil unrest.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-isra ... SKBN1FU07L

Israel is saying they attacked *after* Iran sent a drone into Israel.
“A combat helicopter successfully intercepted an Iranian UAV that was launched from Syria and infiltrated Israel,” the Israeli military said in a statement.

“IDF (Israel Defence Forces) has targeted the Iranian control systems in Syria that sent the #UAV into Israeli airspace. Massive Syrian Anti-Air fire, one F16 crashed in Israel, pilots safe,” Israeli military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus said on Twitter.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Tigzy wrote:
Here's hoping we don't get any ye olde murky tweets from Nadiya out of Bake Off. As far as token muslims go, she seems pretty nice.
Yeah - I think she just wants to bake (while wearing a hijab) with which there is nothing wrong of course.

There has been the odd story on the BBC positioning her as a victim. It's difficult to tell whether this is just the result of the BBC trying to push its usual narrative and just ticking the boxes. Of course, for Nadiya not to 'get online abuse' would blow their narrative clean out of the water so there must be pressure on her to play the role.

The impression I get is that Nadiya has decided she has to go along with the victim narrative to some extent, but isn't particularly enthusiastic about it. No doubt it's easy for her to come up with examples of nastiness from cyberspace, the question is how representative are these of the wider feedback she's been getting.

I'm definitely giving her the benefit of the doubt at the moment. I hope she can avoid being dragged in to the culture war and keep making those delicious cakes. Or further a career as a TV presenter of 'lifestyle' stuff if that's what she chooses to do. Let cakes be just cakes.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

dogen wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am
shoutinghorse wrote: ISIS Beatles songs .. :shifty:

I wanna hold your head.
OO Blood Di .. OO Blood Da.
Here comes the Sunni's.
Hey Jews.
Twist and Shoot.
Allah Submarine
Drive My Car (Into Some Pedestrians)
Muzzie in the Sky with Virgins
Please Please Mo
A Hard Day's Shiite
I am the Wahabbist
Mujaheed's Silver Hammer
Daesh in the Life
Mean Mister Mustard Gas
Raqqa Raccoon
Maxwell's Silver Dagger
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Mufti

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

“A combat helicopter successfully intercepted an Iranian UAV that was launched from Syria and infiltrated Israel,” the Israeli military said in a statement.

“IDF (Israel Defence Forces) has targeted the Iranian control systems in Syria that sent the #UAV into Israeli airspace. Massive Syrian Anti-Air fire, one F16 crashed in Israel, pilots safe,” Israeli military spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus said on Twitter.

It's perfectly possible. Iran does support Hezbollah and Hamas after all. I'm not expressing judgements of value, just saying that I don't think that this is first drone Iran flew in the area, and that the reaction clearly shows that the Israelis thought that this was a good time to strike.

There are no Good Guys in the middle east. Anyone who tries to play the victim is just bullshitting you. The reality is that all sides want to wreck the other by any means necessary.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

It's perfectly possible. Iran does support Hezbollah and Hamas after all. I'm not expressing judgements of value, just saying that I don't think that this is first drone Iran flew in the area, and that the reaction clearly shows that the Israelis thought that this was a good time to strike.

There are no Good Guys in the middle east. Anyone who tries to play the victim is just bullshitting you. The reality is that all sides want to wreck the other by any means necessary.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Guest_2a63257c

Post by Guest_2a63257c »

The Beatles.

Less than half of thirte-een. You know what I me-eean. But I sweat to Allah, I didn't touch her 'til she was ni-hine. Now thaaaanks to the maaaagic of Islam (WHOOOOOOOOO), my paedophilia's just fine.

Eyethankewe.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 pm
Andrew-
DUPQcNlW4AA1j1n.jpeg
I just knew someone was going to do that so I was prepared this time.

KenD

Post by KenD »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Yes, she's trans. Which of course simply makes her a better woman than those with female-at-birth privilege.

Her partner, who also works in something tech related, is a "lesbian transwoman" too:

Anyone else find it interesting just how strangely overrepresented this tiny fraction of the population are in games/tech/related journalism?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
There are no Good Guys in the middle east.
If your Lib-dar is broken you could always fall back on the “where would I regather be gay” proxy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh look. An Asian Aussie Journo condescended to watch Crocodile Dundee only to be struck by its 1980s Anglo identity.

Thanks Kirb for civic nationalism.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

They're overrepresented on social media generally, and they're mostly retarded or mentally ill.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh look. An Asian Aussie Journo condescended to watch Crocodile Dundee only to be struck by its 1980s Anglo identity.

I want her to do Mad Max II next.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
If your Lib-dar is broken you could always fall back on the “where would I regather be gay” proxy.
I don't doubt that LIVING in Israel is far better than living in pretty much everywhere else in the Middle East. But the Israelis have supported Salafi groups which would gladly ethnic cleanse non-Sunni muslims, all while doing lots of shady stuff to the Palestinians in order to give "a living space" to Orthodox Jewish settlements (and I don't think gays have it good in Orthodox Jewish colonies, either).

Living in the US is pretty OK compared to many parts of the world (that's why so many want to move there). But the US have also engaged in lots of shady/illegal stuff to further their interests (albeit probably to a lesser degree than Israel).

People seem to confuse internal standards of living with foreign policy, and so if a country is a liberal democracy they also must be fighting for human rights elsewhere. This isn't the case.

I'm pretty sure that in the late 19th-early 20th century people had it better in the UK than in its colonies, this doesn't mean that the UK behaved well towards its colonies.

Today colonies are a thing of the past, but international politics are NOT, and taking claims at face value ("we want only to export democracy!") is more than a bit naive.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh look. An Asian Aussie Journo condescended to watch Crocodile Dundee only to be struck by its 1980s Anglo identity.

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of Anglo Australians who would write similar reviews. So what should you do, exile them all? Have a Crocodile Dundee test similar to Steersman Qu'ran pissing test?

"No, madam, you can't come back, I've read your reviews and you said that our movies were made to bring in tourists".

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KenD wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Yes, she's trans. Which of course simply makes her a better woman than those with female-at-birth privilege.

Her partner, who also works in something tech related, is a "lesbian transwoman" too:

Anyone else find it interesting just how strangely overrepresented this tiny fraction of the population are in games/tech/related journalism?
Burn them all with fire, it's the only way you know. :burn:

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I don't doubt that LIVING in Israel is far better than living in pretty much everywhere else in the Middle East. But the Israelis have supported Salafi groups which would gladly ethnic cleanse non-Sunni muslims, all while doing lots of shady stuff to the Palestinians in order to give "a living space" to Orthodox Jewish settlements (and I don't think gays have it good in Orthodox Jewish colonies, either).

Living in the US is pretty OK compared to many parts of the world (that's why so many want to move there). But the US have also engaged in lots of shady/illegal stuff to further their interests (albeit probably to a lesser degree than Israel).

People seem to confuse internal standards of living with foreign policy, and so if a country is a liberal democracy they also must be fighting for human rights elsewhere. This isn't the case.

I'm pretty sure that in the late 19th-early 20th century people had it better in the UK than in its colonies, this doesn't mean that the UK behaved well towards its colonies.

Today colonies are a thing of the past, but international politics are NOT, and taking claims at face value ("we want only to export democracy!") is more than a bit naive.
Many if not most people living in the UK in the late 19th-early 20th century had it pretty bad, those dark satanic mills were no picnic, and probably no better than the colonies. It took the state of recruits in the first world war to make working class malnutrician an issue.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also, if you're really concerned by people who don't like movies and writes reviews you don't like, you don't get to complain about Anita Sarkeesian wanting to nag gamers about how they're all awful misogynists, or about Rebecca Watson and her elevator encounters.

If a mixed Crocodile Dundee review based on some Critical Race Theory bullshit triggers you so much that you support ethno-states (instead of just groaning at yet another example of SocJus at work), perhaps you're not so different from the college students who don't want to have Milo Yannopoulis or Charles Murray around because they're "a danger".

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sulman wrote: They're overrepresented on social media generally, and they're mostly retarded or mentally ill.
Some elements are trans-itional.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: Also, if you're really concerned by people who don't like movies and writes reviews you don't like, you don't get to complain about Anita Sarkeesian wanting to nag gamers about how they're all awful misogynists, or about Rebecca Watson and her elevator encounters.
I don't get your logic. If someone complains about someone bitching about A because of made-up shit (Aussie movies representing a Whitey McWhiteface view of Australia) they don't get to complain about someone bitching about B over some other made up shit (video games being representing a rapey male viewpoint)?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:05 am
Sulman wrote: They're overrepresented on social media generally, and they're mostly retarded or mentally ill.
Some elements are trans-itional.
Some will happily have their ions removed.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: I don't doubt that LIVING in Israel is far better than living in pretty much everywhere else in the Middle East. But the Israelis have supported Salafi groups which would gladly ethnic cleanse non-Sunni muslims, all while doing lots of shady stuff to the Palestinians in order to give "a living space" to Orthodox Jewish settlements (and I don't think gays have it good in Orthodox Jewish colonies, either).

Again I don't see your logic. If you say sure, living in Israel might be fine but they have a shitty foreign policy you should compare that foreign policy to its neighbour's foreign policies. Most of those policies include the destruction of Israel.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jack Wooster wrote: Many if not most people living in the UK in the late 19th-early 20th century had it pretty bad, those dark satanic mills were no picnic, and probably no better than the colonies. It took the state of recruits in the first world war to make working class malnutrician an issue.
The working class/poor classes always had it bad, everywhere and at any time. Even today, in the US, there are plenty of poor white people who had it bad, and some of them actually voted for Donnie Trump hoping he'd protect their interests (he won't). This doesn't mean that the US as a whole has it as badly as Iran or Saudi Arabia, to say nothing of North Korea or Venezuela.

Incidentally this is one of the reasons why the SocJus is retarded, they downplay class and wealth all the time, and base everything on race/gender/sexual identity and on group averages.

Oprah is actually incredibly privileged, just like Hillary Clinton or most of the Hollywood actress who whine about how sexist Hollywood is. Anita Sarkeesian or Rebecca Watson might not be as rich, but still they are so privileged that the only thing they have to worry about are internet trolls. A poor white man in Alabama or an unemployed father in Michigan are far less privileged than most of the media/youtube snowflakes.

But of course this doesn't mean that even poor people in the US don't actually have some privileges when compared to, say, poor people in a non-democratic country.

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: I don't doubt that LIVING in Israel is far better than living in pretty much everywhere else in the Middle East. But the Israelis have supported Salafi groups which would gladly ethnic cleanse non-Sunni muslims, all while doing lots of shady stuff to the Palestinians in order to give "a living space" to Orthodox Jewish settlements (and I don't think gays have it good in Orthodox Jewish colonies, either).

Again I don't see your logic. If you say sure, living in Israel might be fine but they have a shitty foreign policy you should compare that foreign policy to its neighbour's foreign policies. Most of those policies include the destruction of Israel.
If you took all the guns and weapons away from the Palestinians there would be peace. If you took all the weapons away from Israel what would happen? I think the Palestinians would kill all the Israelis.