There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Easy J

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Easy J »

I guess F1 caters to entirely differently demographic than NASCAR. I subconsciously shelved it into the category "auto racing" when I first saw it mentioned.

I was wondering why racing fans would give a flying fuck how a bunch of upper middle class harpies felt about their sport. I assumed that SJWs were screeching at yet another community they weren't a part of & never participated in & that it would go nowhere.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Beverley Turner was on ITV's F1 team during the 2003 season. She was pretty good. However she had a bit of an attitude problem regarding being perceived as an airless outsider and not being taken seriously. She wrote a book about it.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. F1 is hard, and she marketed herself as totty (hence the lad mags shoots) so I'm not sure what she expected. If she he wanted to do the harder journalism gig she could have; Lee Mackenzie did it for years with no problem.

Basically she sold herself on her looks, then got annoyed people judged her on her looks.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Users browsing this forum: DaveDodo007 and 0 guests.

Has the slymepit and gamergate movements been dragged into the real world. I certainly hope so because as a conservative I have always hated lefty/libtards. The lefty/libtards won the cultural war and we conservatives won the political war. So where does that leave us and who has the advantage in the future?

Thoughts?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

DaveDodo007 wrote: Users browsing this forum: DaveDodo007 and 0 guests.

Has the slymepit and gamergate movements been dragged into the real world. I certainly hope so because as a conservative I have always hated lefty/libtards. The lefty/libtards won the cultural war and we conservatives won the political war. So where does that leave us and who has the advantage in the future?

Thoughts?
The identity politics left is busy discrediting itself & gradually immunizing people to anything coming out of their crowd while giving the alt-right an undeserved shot in the arm. The whole left is taking a hit via association. So we're gonna have to deal with seepage from the Stormfront sewer for a while because they seem to think the pushback against SJWism means we're all ripe for joining a photo negative brand of this bullshit from the wacky right. Feed a cold to starve a flu, I guess.

But this mostly applies to a minority of screechy political obsessives that generate all this chaos & noise. The rest of us are going to get up, go to work, live our lives, & generally treat their political pro wrestling show as entertainment.

My privilege has kept me out of college, the media, or political work so I don't have to brave the daily dangers of the environs these badasses inhabit & fight over. Not that I'm complaining. Unlike the conservative University systems, the wells I drive to in the progressive Texas oilfield already have unisex porta johns. Danny Muscrato would feel (& look) right at home. And Whitey McWhiteface is becoming a minority in these well-paid lines of work, so it's a bit of a mystery to me why there aren't more Antifa & BLM types flooding in to see the future at the other side of their struggle.

As to who has the advantage, I dunno. Neither side will be in their present form in a few years, but I'd say the far left has mostly shot their wad. Their bullshit is finally hurting their erstwhile enablers in Hollywood, Washington, Google, the Universities, ect. It's not just little people getting ruined anymore. Voices countering this bullshit will start to be allowed a platform & find a wider audience & the marketplace of ideas should sort itself accordingly. Just my take on it & worth about what you paid for it.

TL/DR: It's all a bunch of bullshit & Danny Muscrat looks like a fat, balding trucker who needs a shower.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Thoughts?
I think your assessment is over simplified. Most conservatives I know are generally socially liberal so it is hard to say what is a loss and what isn't. I certainly don't see gay marriage as a conservative loss for example. I don't feel like a winner on fiscal conservatism just yet either, especially as we are heading into a time when many on the right are beginning to propose radical solutions for the future such as Universal Basic Income.

We live in interesting times.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 pm
Rose McGowan has been de-platformed. Hecklers have veto power if they belong to the right group. No one is safe.
Wow. Blast from the past. Ophelia Benson has gone on an utter rampage. Just look at the series of tweets hanging off of the original.

I would have more sympathy for her position if she ever had any sympathy for anyone but herself.

I bet if you fed her series of tweets to the Trans activists they would go on a field day on her ass.

Two great tastes that go great together.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm
Meanwhile somewhere on the Internet...

Here's rightwingwatch giving their impression of the new 'Bloodsports' phenomenon on YouTube:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/welc ... ting-tool/

I get the feeling that it is not long for this world...
Who? Right Wing Watch or people debating the White Nationalists/Race Realists?

As far as Right Wing Watch goes, they are so far below everyone's radar that ANY attention they get is gravy. It looks like they saw the SPL's gravy train of calling people bigots for bucks and the RWW person wanted in on that action badly.

About the only things that will knock RWW off of their podium are people ignoring the website (aka the Muscato solution, since there market is already saturated with people bashing white nationalists/Trump, you really have to be something special to keep on raking in bucks), or someone definitatively uncovering and pointing out that RWW is a scam. I think Styxhammer666 already pointed out racists/biggoted/hypocritical postings in the RWW author's history.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I've observed it so many times and yet it's still infuriating how in any TERF vs transfem argument they always fire past each other in an effort to see who can blame men the most. Benson's lot are convinced that the reason people side with the transwoman against McGowan is that since "she's" biologically a man society will of always defend them because they hate real women.

Benson's too up her own asshole to ever consider that this is a failing of feminism and not society at large. Her own standards have bitten her in the ass time and again and she always blames teh menz instead.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Hunt wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: I have mixed feelings about Rose McGowan,
I think she's got one foot in the asylum. No doubt she's been hurt, but now she's got to base her life off a mixture of the pretense of being "strong" and profiting off victimization, including taking $100k worth of hush money. On the one hand, she seems to be having the time of her life, on the other, she seems to be going insane. Everyone in that room just wants to tell the fake woman to go fuck himself, they just know it's ideologically impossible. Can you imagine a women being evicted? All that angst is just barely being suppressed. We live in very weird times.
She's got a very hyperbolic way of talking about what she does, calling it shit like "sending beauty." It really sounds like some genuine mental instability, a savior complex or something.

I'm reminded of how much Peez and his cohort bitch about "hero worship." Yet it seems political extremists can't exist without heroes, and that includes the Peezoids. They have to live in a world of put-upon saints and irredeemable monsters.

John D

Post by John D »

Sunder wrote:
Hunt wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: I have mixed feelings about Rose McGowan,
I think she's got one foot in the asylum. No doubt she's been hurt, but now she's got to base her life off a mixture of the pretense of being "strong" and profiting off victimization, including taking $100k worth of hush money. On the one hand, she seems to be having the time of her life, on the other, she seems to be going insane. Everyone in that room just wants to tell the fake woman to go fuck himself, they just know it's ideologically impossible. Can you imagine a women being evicted? All that angst is just barely being suppressed. We live in very weird times.
She's got a very hyperbolic way of talking about what she does, calling it shit like "sending beauty." It really sounds like some genuine mental instability, a savior complex or something.

I'm reminded of how much Peez and his cohort bitch about "hero worship." Yet it seems political extremists can't exist without heroes, and that includes the Peezoids. They have to live in a world of put-upon saints and irredeemable monsters.
My daughter used to hang out with a biological male who was transitioning into female. She presented as a sort of very feminine man so I sometimes forgot to call her a she....haha. She (I will just use the pronoun she) was also a high functioning autistic. I thought this was an odd combination, but I am starting to re-think this. I suspect many male to female trans-folk are high functioning autistic. At least many appear to behave this way. Thoughts?

She was challenging to get along with because she wanted everyone to treat autism as totally normal, but also wanted extra money for therapy and treatment and etc. My point was that if autism is totally normal then why should the rest of us pay for extra services. If you are normal then suck it up and get a job.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

They don't do themselves any favours do they. I suppose Mo never had to file accounts so that makes it ok.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sunder wrote: I've observed it so many times and yet it's still infuriating how in any TERF vs transfem argument they always fire past each other in an effort to see who can blame men the most. Benson's lot are convinced that the reason people side with the transwoman against McGowan is that since "she's" biologically a man society will of always defend them because they hate real women.

Benson's too up her own asshole to ever consider that this is a failing of feminism and not society at large. Her own standards have bitten her in the ass time and again and she always blames teh menz instead.
It's always amusing to observe it as a class struggle - which it arguably is. TERFs are very much for a rigid class system; trans-friendly feminists desire a degree of class mobility. But both still hold the female as the rarefied brahmin, and the male as the crude artisan and brutish untouchable.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 am
Satan is almost always depicted sitting in a yoga position. You can't argue against facts.
At dinner last night, my son said that he'll be doing yoga in PE next week. So I suggested that he say this to the PE teacher: "my dad says that I don't have to do yoga because I'm already gay." My wife then suggested that I'm not a good parent.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm
Meanwhile somewhere on the Internet...

Here's rightwingwatch giving their impression of the new 'Bloodsports' phenomenon on YouTube:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/welc ... ting-tool/

I get the feeling that it is not long for this world...
Who? Right Wing Watch or people debating the White Nationalists/Race Realists?

As far as Right Wing Watch goes, they are so far below everyone's radar that ANY attention they get is gravy. It looks like they saw the SPL's gravy train of calling people bigots for bucks and the RWW person wanted in on that action badly.

About the only things that will knock RWW off of their podium are people ignoring the website (aka the Muscato solution, since there market is already saturated with people bashing white nationalists/Trump, you really have to be something special to keep on raking in bucks), or someone definitatively uncovering and pointing out that RWW is a scam. I think Styxhammer666 already pointed out racists/biggoted/hypocritical postings in the RWW author's history.
I'm thinking that the higher-ups at Youtube will be broadly in agreement with the take that RWW watch has on such channels as Andy Warski, Tonka Saw and others - so that soon enough they will introduce their own measures to deal with it.

Though currently my predictions are 0/10.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I just can't help but laugh at the idea put forth by the TERFs that society is rallying behind transwomen because hey, they're dudes, and us dudes gotta stick together, as that's so demonstrably untrue. To the extent that society has accepted the trans, it's mostly because they've been browbeaten and guilt-tripped by feminists and identitarians. TERFs refuse to acknowledge the part they've played in this. It's teh menz' fault!

Really, if they could just get the fuck over themselves a tiny bit they'd be able to do much more effective pushback against the transfems, but then the inverse is true as well. Instead we've got two hyperbolic waves of insanity constantly crashing into one another and the only thing they can agree on is Men Are Always To Blame.

Guest_0f4f8305

Post by Guest_0f4f8305 »

Did Rose Mcgowan leak her own sex tape? It seems kinda suspicious.

If she went at pretty much anything in life the way she devoured that dick, she'd be unstoppable.

CaughtUpLockedOut

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote: I just can't help but laugh at the idea put forth by the TERFs that society is rallying behind transwomen because hey, they're dudes, and us dudes gotta stick together, as that's so demonstrably untrue. To the extent that society has accepted the trans, it's mostly because they've been browbeaten and guilt-tripped by feminists and identitarians. TERFs refuse to acknowledge the part they've played in this. It's teh menz' fault!

Really, if they could just get the fuck over themselves a tiny bit they'd be able to do much more effective pushback against the transfems, but then the inverse is true as well. Instead we've got two hyperbolic waves of insanity constantly crashing into one another and the only thing they can agree on is Men Are Always To Blame.
It's been shown that believing to be a victim dulls your empathy, both emotional and cognitive. It's not surprising that people who believe in narratives of Perpetual Victimhood are awful at understanding how to deal with each other and with others.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Satan is almost always depicted sitting in a yoga position. You can't argue against facts.
At dinner last night, my son said that he'll be doing yoga in PE next week. So I suggested that he say this to the PE teacher: "my dad says that I don't have to do yoga because I'm already gay." My wife then suggested that I'm not a good parent.
Which wife?

You're Poly, aren't you ?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Which wife?

You're Poly, aren't you ?
He seems fairly square to me.

But maybe I'm just parroting someone else.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Easy J wrote:

Thoughts?
The identity politics left is busy discrediting itself & gradually immunizing people to anything coming out of their crowd while giving the alt-right an undeserved shot in the arm. The whole left is taking a hit via association. So we're gonna have to deal with seepage from the Stormfront sewer for a while because they seem to think the pushback against SJWism means we're all ripe for joining a photo negative brand of this bullshit from the wacky right. Feed a cold to starve a flu, I guess.

But this mostly applies to a minority of screechy political obsessives that generate all this chaos & noise. The rest of us are going to get up, go to work, live our lives, & generally treat their political pro wrestling show as entertainment.

My privilege has kept me out of college, the media, or political work so I don't have to brave the daily dangers of the environs these badasses inhabit & fight over. Not that I'm complaining. Unlike the conservative University systems, the wells I drive to in the progressive Texas oilfield already have unisex porta johns. Danny Muscrato would feel (& look) right at home. And Whitey McWhiteface is becoming a minority in these well-paid lines of work, so it's a bit of a mystery to me why there aren't more Antifa & BLM types flooding in to see the future at the other side of their struggle.

As to who has the advantage, I dunno. Neither side will be in their present form in a few years, but I'd say the far left has mostly shot their wad. Their bullshit is finally hurting their erstwhile enablers in Hollywood, Washington, Google, the Universities, ect. It's not just little people getting ruined anymore. Voices countering this bullshit will start to be allowed a platform & find a wider audience & the marketplace of ideas should sort itself accordingly. Just my take on it & worth about what you paid for it.

TL/DR: It's all a bunch of bullshit & Danny Muscrat looks like a fat, balding trucker who needs a shower.
Quite an accurate summary - methinks. :-)

But agree particularly about "the Stormfront sewer" - generally unwise to be thinking the enemy of my enemy is necessarily my friend; laying the pipes for the alt-right and all that. Though there's some merit in stopped clocks - and all that.

And likewise about "erstwhile enablers" and the left having shot their wad. Apropos of which, looks like old Jeremy Corbyn has a revolution on his hands for having been pandering to the #TransLoonie crowd and their demented cry of "trans women are women":

Excellent article there at The Times, and it is open access, well worth a read. Of some amusement, the #TransLoonies have doubled-down with a rejoinder to that #LabourLosingWomen hashtage with their own, I assume, #LabourLosingTransphobes. Shaping up to be a real donnybrook.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Nice try, but the Democrats and the MSM already told me it was a nothingburger. Nancy Pelosi said it. I believe it. That settles it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Transwomen are real women if and only if they make me a sammich.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So tonight one of my mates came out of the closet. I've known him about 10 years and I've suspected he was gay for about 364 days 23 hours and 59 minutes. Another friend came out last year. Both are in their mid to late forties and both came from a religious background, which is probably why they never admitted to themselves they were gay even when it was bloody obvious to everyone else. Thanks to shame and religion they've both missed out on their best bumming years.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:25 am
My daughter used to hang out with a biological male who was transitioning into female. She presented as a sort of very feminine man so I sometimes forgot to call her a she....haha. She (I will just use the pronoun she) was also a high functioning autistic. I thought this was an odd combination, but I am starting to re-think this. I suspect many male to female trans-folk are high functioning autistic. At least many appear to behave this way. Thoughts?
[/quote]
I see some anecdotal evidence correlating autism with gender dysphoria, and I think I recall a clinical study.

I see a massive correlation between trans activism and complete asshole narcissism. I'm sure there are plenty of non-asshole non-narcissist trans, but they keep to themselves so we're left seeing the self-centered, attention-seeking fuckwads shouting and ranting and disrupting and committing sundry assholery.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

IIRC, 7.8% of people with gender dysphoria are autistic.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

That's compared with (I think) 0.6% of people being autistic.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I see a massive correlation between trans activism and complete asshole narcissism. I'm sure there are plenty of non-asshole non-narcissist trans, but they keep to themselves so we're left seeing the self-centered, attention-seeking fuckwads shouting and ranting and disrupting and committing sundry assholery.
Many political activists are more focused on becoming famous rather than on dealing with some issues. Narcissism is part of the deal. I'd wager that most pundits and politically-involved celebrities are very narcissistic.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

So...

a) women lose their job

b) they're "slut-shamed" by other women

c) they're told that they're too stupid and weak to make their own choices

Feminism is just the notion that women are people too, unless they do something which isn't liked by other women, then they're incompetent retards who don't know what they really want. :bjarte:

some guy

Post by some guy »

Every so often one of Heina Dadabhoy's kickstarter backers drops a comment over at her "Skeptics Guide to Islam" kickstarter page inquiring about the status of her book. She hasn't posted an update or comment since nearly 3 years ago (when she enthusiastically announced a "hard date" of Dec 2015 for the publication of her book; which was posted a year after she made a"solid promise" to refund all her backer's money if she didn't deliver the manuscript to her publusher by fall 2014). Her blogging job at the Orbit has apparently been abandoned, (but she still apparently is able to get the occasional conference gig).

This was the most recent comment a backer posted.
Matt Jamont on January 10
Does anyone know what's going on with this project or why Heina never provides updates? This project was successfully funded 5 and a half years ago...

some guy

Post by some guy »

But it looks like The Orbit has delivered most of their trinket awards.

"The Best of the Orbit" ebook is still to come. And that online conference they were going to have (which should be a lot easier to organize since there are only 5 of them active now, lol.)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

some guy wrote: Every so often one of Heina Dadabhoy's kickstarter backers drops a comment over at her "Skeptics Guide to Islam" kickstarter page inquiring about the status of her book. She hasn't posted an update or comment since nearly 3 years ago (when she enthusiastically announced a "hard date" of Dec 2015 for the publication of her book; which was posted a year after she made a"solid promise" to refund all her backer's money if she didn't deliver the manuscript to her publusher by fall 2014). Her blogging job at the Orbit has apparently been abandoned, (but she still apparently is able to get the occasional conference gig).

Does anyone know what's going on with this project or why Heina never provides updates? This project was successfully funded 5 and a half years ago...
Lol. Those kickstarter goons still haven't clicked that they have been fleeced. Fucking idiots.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
some guy wrote: Every so often one of Heina Dadabhoy's kickstarter backers drops a comment over at her "Skeptics Guide to Islam" kickstarter page inquiring about the status of her book. She hasn't posted an update or comment since nearly 3 years ago (when she enthusiastically announced a "hard date" of Dec 2015 for the publication of her book; which was posted a year after she made a"solid promise" to refund all her backer's money if she didn't deliver the manuscript to her publusher by fall 2014). Her blogging job at the Orbit has apparently been abandoned, (but she still apparently is able to get the occasional conference gig).

Lol. Those kickstarter goons still haven't clicked that they have been fleeced. Fucking idiots.
Is there not a way to get your money back with these Kickstarters if they don't deliver?

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

These people are not idiots. I am still quite sure I will have a date with the bird I fancied in high school. She said that we would go out "someday."

It is a mere matter of time.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

some guy wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:13 pm

"The Best of the Orbit" ebook is still to come. And that online conference they were going to have (which should be a lot easier to organize since there are only 5 of them active now, lol.)
It is a good thing they decided to share the money from the more popular bloggers with the less popular bloggers. Communal reward in action!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Part of the exercise was to show that when you create a collective, rather letting the petit bourgeousie (PZ) to claim the rewards of the workers, including the workers that don't work, you have created an imbalance. You need to share the fruits equally and PZ hasn't been sharing equally with all his fruits.
I blame PZ for the lack of blog posts from the Orbit collective. He cursed them from day one. I can only hope that all the talent over there can overcome the damage he inflicted on them. I think it is time they started talking out about it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: So tonight one of my mates came out of the closet. I've known him about 10 years and I've suspected he was gay for about 364 days 23 hours and 59 minutes. Another friend came out last year. Both are in their mid to late forties and both came from a religious background, which is probably why they never admitted to themselves they were gay even when it was bloody obvious to everyone else. Thanks to shame and religion they've both missed out on their best bumming years.
There is nothing wrong with being gay and Christian. If you keep the sword sheathed. In fact it gives you better original sin points than the average parishioner and therefore a better focused redemption. All in all your friend should celebrate this gift.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: There is nothing wrong with being gay and Christian. If you keep the sword sheathed. In fact it gives you better original sin points than the average parishioner and therefore a better focused redemption. All in all your friend should celebrate this gift.
For that to work you'd need to know that you were gay and, by not acting on it, you were making Baby Jesus happy that he didn't die for nothing.

In the case of the guy who came out last night he just couldn't accept that he might be gay. He didn't think he was resisting temptation, he just thought he was doing straight wrong.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: There is nothing wrong with being gay and Christian. If you keep the sword sheathed. In fact it gives you better original sin points than the average parishioner and therefore a better focused redemption. All in all your friend should celebrate this gift.
For that to work you'd need to know that you were gay and, by not acting on it, you were making Baby Jesus happy that he didn't die for nothing.

In the case of the guy who came out last night he just couldn't accept that he might be gay. He didn't think he was resisting temptation, he just thought he was doing straight wrong.
What removed his confusion? You can tell us if you had a ‘hand’ in it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
some guy wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:13 pm

It is a good thing they decided to share the money from the more popular bloggers with the less popular bloggers. Communal reward in action!
You will recall that SZvan appeared to have been dragged into giving the rewards by outside scrutiny. And she wrote that post which basically abused the contributors for their ungrateful temerity and demanded they virtue signal her victim status by rescinding their rewards. A number promptly genuflected in the approved manner.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Just because I'm a cunt, and I want to troll you people, here's uberfeminist posting an article on the rape fantasies of Lindy West, written by West herself, as an example of why the whole brouhaha over "violence against women in movies" is just social media posturing.

You're welcome. :bjarte:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

It's interesting that feminists can have rape fantasies or like "problematic" stuff without anyone batting an eye, while at the same time anyone they don't like who likes the same things is "problematic" and likely a part of "rape culture".

It's OK When They Do It.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:52 am
Six in a row, fuck you faggots I'm the slymepit now. :twisted:
Yes, Dave - one post for each can of "Eight Ace" lager you've consumed.

Happy sleeping in the shed !

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Kirbmarc wrote: It's interesting that feminists can have rape fantasies or like "problematic" stuff without anyone batting an eye, while at the same time anyone they don't like who likes the same things is "problematic" and likely a part of "rape culture".

It's OK When They Do It.
They have a Mary Whitehouse like ability to spend hours and days reading 'problematic' material without it changing their views and then calling for the material to be banned on the grounds that those sites are influencing people

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

There is a gender gap in pay - entirely due to sexism....

But there is no gender gap in rates of death of prostate cancer

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/pro ... 92626.html

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

SM1957 wrote: There is a gender gap in pay - entirely due to sexism....

But there is no gender gap in rates of death of prostate cancer

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/pro ... 92626.html
Women can have prostates too, shitlord. It's 2018.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: What removed his confusion? You can tell us if you had a ‘hand’ in it.
Don't know. I was the last one there and he was already gay when I arrived. Unusually, he was the only gay person there. About 25% of are group are gay (depending who turns up) so it's not like anyone would be reluctant to come out for thinking they'd be the odd one out.

Being science fiction fans, and therefore entirely uninterested in each other's feelings, his gayness had been duly noted, then discussion had moved on to more important matters, like if he'd seen Star Trek Discovery yet, or The Orville

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

http://popculture.com/celebrity/2018/02 ... k-signing/

Rose Mcgowan has cancelled all future appearances. She has given enough to us lowly scum.

(wipes tear) Oh to live in the time of such giants!

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Spike13 wrote: http://popculture.com/celebrity/2018/02 ... k-signing/

Rose Mcgowan has cancelled all future appearances. She has given enough to us lowly scum.

(wipes tear) Oh to live in the time of such giants!
Prisoner haircuts and bad plastic surgery aren't much of a gift.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Am I the only person who had to Google Rose McGowan to find out who the fuck she was? From the way the media obsesses over her you'd think she'd been in tons of stuff I'd actually seen.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

There's always been contradiction between feminism and tranny rights but 2018 has to be the year this comes to a head. #MeToo is feminism's last gasp for ultimate victim status but transwomen aren't going to have their demands for pronouns drowned out by cis women who claim they were raped.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

yeah, i get the feeling that this whole trans/feminist thing is going to implode as well.

Too many divas, too few spotlights.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Spike13 wrote: yeah, i get the feeling that this whole trans/feminist thing is going to implode as well.

In the U.K. we are finally getting pushback from within the Labour Party - and some of it coming from those close to Corbyn.

It's very much a generational thing. If it doesn't happen now most of the old school feminists won't be around to stop it.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Spike13 wrote: yeah, i get the feeling that this whole trans/feminist thing is going to implode as well.

It seems that if you really want to tank a feminist, get them into a detailed in depth discussion about transwomen and their rights. Eventually they will say something wrong & the transmafia will go after them.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Katie has had a moment in South Africa.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Shatterface wrote:

In the U.K. we are finally getting pushback from within the Labour Party - and some of it coming from those close to Corbyn.

It's very much a generational thing. If it doesn't happen now most of the old school feminists won't be around to stop it.
Even for the younger prog. feminsts, they will come to the realization that they are living in a minefield. One wrong move or even the perception will be disastrous. The volatility of the crazier trans activists will be more trouble than they are worth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

I have the feeling the next Olympic games will be .. erm, 'interesting' :shifty:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/o ... 995434001/

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote: Am I the only person who had to Google Rose McGowan to find out who the fuck she was? From the way the media obsesses over her you'd think she'd been in tons of stuff I'd actually seen.
Ah but she would have been in tons of stuff we'd actually seen if it weren't for that meddlin Weinstein.
She coulda been a contender.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Just because I'm a cunt, and I want to troll you people, here's uberfeminist posting an article on the rape fantasies of Lindy West, written by West herself, as an example of why the whole brouhaha over "violence against women in movies" is just social media posturing.

You're welcome. :bjarte:
To be fair, I don't see any actualy rape fantasy there - just an excessive curiosity about certain crimes and criminals.

Interesting that Lindy's description of her 'terrifying intruder' ideal didn't give any hints as to his motive. I suspect what makes this skinny, malnourished tramp so frightening to her is that he may have broken in to raid her fridge.