Sins of the Clintons/Deep State

Double wank and shit chips
Steersman

Re: Sins of the Clintons/Deep State

Post by Steersman »

How deep does the rot go? (Part MXIV):
The Incredible Tale of a Reckless, Partisan FBI Agent and Our Partisan Bureaucracy

Peter Strzok’s story will hurt public trust in the federal government at the worst possible time. If the story hadn’t been verified by virtually every mainstream-media outlet in the country, you’d think it came straight from conspiratorial fever dreams of the alt-right. Yesterday, news broke that Robert Mueller had months ago asked a senior FBI agent to step down from his role investigating the Trump administration. This prince of a man was caught in an extramarital affair with an FBI lawyer. The affair itself was problematic, but so was the fact that the two were found to have exchanged anti-Trump, pro-Hillary Clinton text messages. ....

In other words, it looks like a low-integrity, reckless, biased bureaucrat has played an important role in two of the most important and politically charged criminal investigations of the new century. Yes, it’s good that Mueller removed Strzok when he discovered the text messages. No, Strzok is not solely responsible for the conclusions reached in either investigation. But his mere presence hurts public confidence in the FBI, and it does so in a way that further illustrates a persistent and enduring national problem: America’s permanent bureaucracy is unacceptably partisan. ....

It’s hard to overstate the effect of the IRS scandal on conservative confidence in the federal government. Yes, there were some progressive groups that faced scrutiny, but the sheer scale of the attack on conservative groups was unprecedented. The IRS sought confidential donor information, passwords, and information about the political activities even of family members of those involved with some scrutinized groups. I remember. I represented dozens of these organizations. ....

I’m no “deep state” or “soft coup” conspiracy theorist. I know there are progressives who do excellent work in the bureaucracy, and I know there are also incompetent conservatives. As we’ve learned, incompetence, bias, and sleaziness know no ideological bounds. But unless our nation can diversify its civil service (and unless civil servants themselves stop acting recklessly and foolishly) public trust will continue to erode, and everything will be viewed through a partisan lens, all the time. ....

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Whatabout :
https://www.voanews.com/a/mcfarland-nom ... 50586.html

How come all these Hillary aides can't remember Russian stuff?
Oh wait a minute, these are all Trump cronies.
Anyhow, I don't understand why you hate Hillary so much.
I thought you liked whores.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Whatabout :
https://www.voanews.com/a/mcfarland-nom ... 50586.html

How come all these Hillary aides can't remember Russian stuff?
Oh wait a minute, these are all Trump cronies.
LoL - tis the season for whataboutery ... ;-)
free thoughtpolice wrote: Anyhow, I don't understand why you hate Hillary so much.
I thought you liked whores.
LoL. I do indeed like them - as a class, in general, on average; salt of the earth in many cases, and in my experience:

More power - and money - to them, although there's some justification for Stanley Baldwin's "power without responsibility, the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages". My quoting of which didn't sit well with the "Honest Courtesan" for some reason ...

However, in Hillary's case, the principles she's apparently compromised are a rather different kettle of fish from those that more upfront, and honest, practioners of the arts are accused, with little justification, of compromising.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The MSM has totally ignored this story:
[youtube][/youtube]
Poor woman, she was also raped by Neil deGrasse Tyson ... and aliens!

free thoughtpolice

I was raped by aliens up the ass and everything last summer.
But they gave me fentanyl and after it was over a cracker and some cheese so it wasn't all bad.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I was raped by aliens up the ass and everything last summer.
But they gave me fentanyl and after it was over a cracker and some cheese so it wasn't all bad.
Rape apologist. :bjarte:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

[tweet][/tweet]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Hot off the press, a bombshell likely to rock Washington, something "herd" within the halls of power and bound to reverberate around the world - so to speak:
FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies

WASHINGTON—Stressing that such an action would be highly reckless, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States. “Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,” said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Only when Steersman posts do you have to seriously wonder if he knows The Onionis a satirical website. Judging from his past posting history and his demonstrated sense of humor, I would have to guess that he does not.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Only when Steersman posts do you have to seriously wonder if he knows The Onion is a satirical website. Judging from his past posting history and his demonstrated sense of humor, I would have to guess that he does not.
LoL. Guess someone hasn't been paying attention. Or still has a bee in their bonnet for some reason. See my earlier post from some 3 years ago:
Steersman wrote:But a somewhat amusing take on nature from The Onion, quoted in one of Jerry Coyne's recent posts:
EARTH: In a seemingly unstoppable cycle of carnage that has become tragically commonplace throughout the biosphere, sources confirmed this morning that natural selection has killed an estimated 38 quadrillion organisms in its bloodiest day yet.

Numerous reports from biomes on all seven continents revealed that over the past 24 hours, the ruthless biological phenomenon had ended the lives of a record 360 trillion animals and 908 trillion plants, along with 36.7 quadrillion fungi, protists, and bacteria.

"What we're seeing here is the work of a hardened, practiced killer", said Yale University evolutionary biologist Richard Prum, describing the brutal process through which a massive number of victims - among them thousands of starfish, countless patches of moss, and entire colonies of intestinal protozoa - were massacred with little to no warning. ...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Steersman wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Only when Steersman posts do you have to seriously wonder if he knows The Onion is a satirical website. Judging from his past posting history and his demonstrated sense of humor, I would have to guess that he does not.
LoL. Guess someone hasn't been paying attention. Or still has a bee in their bonnet for some reason. See my earlier post from some 3 years ago:
Steersman wrote:But a somewhat amusing take on nature from The Onion, quoted in one of Jerry Coyne's recent posts:
EARTH: In a seemingly unstoppable cycle of carnage that has become tragically commonplace throughout the biosphere, sources confirmed this morning that natural selection has killed an estimated 38 quadrillion organisms in its bloodiest day yet.

Numerous reports from biomes on all seven continents revealed that over the past 24 hours, the ruthless biological phenomenon had ended the lives of a record 360 trillion animals and 908 trillion plants, along with 36.7 quadrillion fungi, protists, and bacteria.

"What we're seeing here is the work of a hardened, practiced killer", said Yale University evolutionary biologist Richard Prum, describing the brutal process through which a massive number of victims - among them thousands of starfish, countless patches of moss, and entire colonies of intestinal protozoa - were massacred with little to no warning. ...
Didn't you unironically quote The Daily Stormer a while back? Yeah, bee in my bonnet. Your sources are geared for confirmation bias and your odds of deviating from your predetermined conclusions are infinitesimal.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>
Didn't you unironically quote The Daily Stormer a while back?
I don't know - did I? You're the one making the spurious accusation, you're the one obliged to put the evidence on the table. Or maybe you want to double-down with accusations of "misogynist" or "racist", or "laying the pipes for the alt-right"?

But maybe I did - just because something comes from them doesn't mean that it is necessarily wrong; stopped clocks & all that.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Yeah, bee in my bonnet. Your sources are geared for confirmation bias and your odds of deviating from your predetermined conclusions are infinitesimal.
LoL. I'm generally willing to keep an open mind - you might try it some time. But if it will keep you happy, allow you to progress in hope rather than arrive in despair, you might consider this recent story in National Review:
Republicans Had Better Hope the Memo Lives Up to the Hype

Jonathan Swan has an interesting report on how some in the White House are worried the memo will turn out to be a dud. As I wrote yesterday, I’ve long suspected the steak won’t live up to the sizzle. But one point that Swan doesn’t raise directly is that, politically, the memo not only needs to be explosive in its assertions, the underlying intelligence has to ultimately corroborate it. A one- or two-day news cycle about the “bombshell” will be an even bigger embarrassment if it turns out to be partisan red herring. ....
Though you might temper that hope with this:

That Onion article was clearly a jest but there's a lot of factual evidence about that "The Deep State!!!111!!" is not just a figment of the imagination, that there's more than a bit of substance behind the accusations and suppositions:
America's Coup Machine: Destroying Democracy Since 1953

Don't touch that dial kids ...

CaptainFluffyBunny

http://amp.nationalreview.com/morning-j ... ssion=true
Same National Review. You see, I actually want a rational, cohesive Republican/conservative movement. Emphasis on rational. When Trump inevitably flames out, the conservatives will take an awful beating, and the lunatic fringes of the left will cry victory and be emboldened to new heights of craziness.

free thoughtpolice