Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Lsuoma »

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: nb I would have expected you to have a more nuanced view of the Victorians too.
I have a more nuanced view of the Victorians, but if I had showed off my knowledge of the contradictions of in social attitudes the mid Victorian Era and put in a caveat about the Naughty Nineties... the pun about the Victorians being prudish might not have worked. But luckily I wasn't trying to be a poseur.

monet_nympheas_chocolates-box.jpg
Shouldn't that be a "poseuse"? And yes, you are. Or rather, you try to be.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: Feminists aren't completely wrong about everything, male egos can be so fragile.
Did I every tell you that I rather like you Vicky?
I rather like you too. It's all just jousting.
I don't dislike anyone, even the people who resort to childish name calling when they lose the argument are rather amusing. I think it's a good thing, this place is rather intimidating when you first come here, I had the assumption that everybody had an IQ of 150 and was methodically skeptical in everything they typed. How wrong I was.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: Feminists aren't completely wrong about everything, male egos can be so fragile.
I don't dislike anyone, even the people who resort to childish name calling when they lose the argument are rather amusing. I think it's a good thing, this place is rather intimidating when you first come here, I had the assumption that everybody had an IQ of 150 and was methodically skeptical in everything they typed. How wrong I was.
Gotta admit my IQ ain't quite so high. For instance, after all these years of being self employed, I have yet to figure out how to make a $billion running a bizness which loses money, but then I make it all up, plus a billion more, when I sell the strip centers where said biznesses were located, even tho I do NOT own said strip centers.

I am such a maroon. I deserve my poverty.

Now back to ignore

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

The sjw game module is ready. Anyone who wants to help by playtesting email John D and he'll send you the file. To open it you'll need to download and install Vassal (it's free).

Dedicated thread is here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=527

Barbie's Boyfriend

Oh yeah, almost forgot

My IQ is extremely limited cause at the age of 57, I don't work full time anymore.

But rich guys who take six month vacations are totally awesome and smart and stuff

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Gotta admit my IQ ain't quite so high. For instance, after all these years of being self employed, I have yet to figure out how to make a $billion running a bizness which loses money, but then I make it all up, plus a billion more, when I sell the strip centers where said biznesses were located, even tho I do NOT own said strip centers.

I am such a maroon. I deserve my poverty.

Now back to ignore
I was thinking about you yesterday while watching this. It is about people who don't understand different business models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0P72RC7zc

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hemant's Hordelings are now advocating to strip US citizenship of anyone who expresses extreme homophobic bigotry. If that person is a Christian, that is.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3735965629

(FYI, that's unconstitutional.)

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Finsbury Park terror attack: Father of four guilty of carrying out murderous attack on Muslims
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02 ... murderous/
A father of four from Cardiff, who became brainwashed against Muslims after watching a BBC drama on the Rochdale grooming scandal, has been found guilty of carrying out the Finsbury Park terror attack.
Watching a television drama can "brainwash" you?
I guess we'll have to add BBC dramas based on actual events to this list:
Things Cause Islamic Terror.jpg
(59.47 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

They could replace the Waterhouse painting with a modern version depicting Hylas and the Ballpit At Skepticon.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

I fucked that up. I mean't to post this pic:
Things Cause Islamic Terror.jpg
(64.83 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Apparently, "Childfree" is an identity, just like trans and poly.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredco ... ning-kids/

Except now David 'Moslem Vikings' McAfee and his poly wife, Polly, have discovered they were not born Childfree, free as the wind blows, but are actually trans*Childful. They are still poly, so the identity of the sperm donor will always remain a mystery.

baby_dicky_head.jpg
(237.22 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

On a related note, I identify as Commando.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Regarding the Google suit,

The most shocking thing I found was the childish level of discourse going on in their in house e-mail and IM systems.

Where i work now, most of those correspondence would see the sender being called into compliance or HR while security was cleaning out their workstations.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

How much of a narracistic asshole does one have to be to announce to the world that they are now considering having children sometime,eventually, in the future.

A living representation of South Parks fart huffing meme.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hemant's Hordelings are now advocating to strip US citizenship of anyone who expresses extreme homophobic bigotry. If that person is a Christian, that is.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3735965629

(FYI, that's unconstitutional.)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spike13 wrote: How much of a narracistic asshole does one have to be to announce to the world that they are now considering having children sometime,eventually, in the future.

I changed my mind because I met my wife, Rachael, and I think the world deserves more of her.
Uhh, I thought the polyfuckery had that covered.

The angry comments about Childfree treason are a hoot.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I changed my mind because I met my wife, Rachael, and I think the world deserves more of her.
I wonder if Rachael is going to have a smart good looking guy to sire her offspring or (shudder) have McAfee do it?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Apparently, "Childfree" is an identity, just like trans and poly.

Except now David 'Moslem Vikings' McAfee and his poly wife, Polly, have discovered they were not born Childfree, free as the wind blows, but are actually trans*Childful. They are still poly, so the identity of the sperm donor will always remain a mystery.

baby_dicky_head.jpg

In the comments the child-free are dogpiling on McAfee for being a "fence-sitter" and/or insinuating that McAfee's significant other should leave him for "treating her like a baby factory". :bjarte:

Perhaps it's not so bad that some people will not reproduce, after all.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I wonder if Rachael is going to have a smart good looking guy to sire her offspring or (shudder) have McAfee do it?
Since they're also poly it's definitely possible that McAfee won't be the natural father of (some of?) his children.

He seems to be making a big deal out of a private decision, though.

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Apparently, "Childfree" is an identity, just like trans and poly.

baby_dicky_head.jpg

In the comments the child-free are dogpiling on McAfee for being a "fence-sitter" and/or insinuating that McAfee's significant other should leave him for "treating her like a baby factory". :bjarte:

Perhaps it's not so bad that some people will not reproduce, after all.
I do worry about people deciding to have kids after they were very much against having children. I feel like they don't "get it" the same way others do. My wife and I knew we would have kids when we felt ready. There was never a question about. My wife is a "baby whisperer", so much so, that she studied child development and ran her own daycare.

My youngest child has mild OCD and anxiety. She was a very difficult child to raise. She had several temper tantrums a day. She couldn't stay dressed without having a breakdown on some days because she has tactile sensitivity. I actually cried for joy one day when, after weeks of trying to buy shoes, she found a pair that she would wear. Honestly... that was one of the best days of my life. Imagine that....haha. Anyways.... I shudder to think of how she would have turned out if she had parents less that 100% dedicated.

But, we all can change. Perhaps these folks really have a strong sense of caring and the moral sense to raise good kids. I hope so.

Barbie's Boyfriend

baby_dicky_head.jpg

That pic is obviously a fake. No way Dr. Richard Carrier PHD could be the father of that child, nor any child. Unless biology has advanced to where a facial can get a chick pregnant

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I don't think I'll ever want kids but I'm stocking the fridge up with semen just in case I change my mind at a later date.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Shatterface wrote: I don't think I'll ever want kids but I'm stocking the fridge up with semen just in case I change my mind at a later date.
It can be difficult to get them to take to it but they prefer breast milk.

John D

Post by John D »

Does this guy every sleep????????..... a million views in less than one day at Prager...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
huckeberry.gif
(912.36 KiB) Downloaded 269 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: I don't think I'll ever want kids but I'm stocking the fridge up with semen just in case I change my mind at a later date.
I'm not gonna ask whose.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Drive-by shit post...this is the BEST channel on YT. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might even learn a thing or two!

Seriously, the guy is a legend!

John D

Post by John D »

The guy never sleeps and if you are not overdosing on Peterson by now check out the part starting at 35 minutes.

and of course, if you are sick of this stuff just skip it.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Drive-by shit post...this is the BEST channel on YT. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might even learn a thing or two!

Fantastic..... engineering humor!!!!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote: Drive-by shit post...this is the BEST channel on YT. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might even learn a thing or two!

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZo_keUoEs

Somewhat apropos of:

;)

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Spike13 wrote: How much of a narracistic asshole does one have to be to announce to the world that they are now considering having children sometime,eventually, in the future.

Uhh, I thought the polyfuckery had that covered.

The angry comments about Childfree treason are a hoot.
Childfree treason???

you decided not to have kids, big fucking deal.

you then changed your mind, who cares?

Is everything a movement with these people?

Barbie's Boyfriend

Spike13 wrote:

Is everything a movement with these people?
Yes, a BOWEL movement :hankey:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

http://www.afordrunning.com/media/impor ... tralia.jpg

Today is my first day off, after an interesting run of work.

Most recently, for for a giant shoe company's internal brand-strategy conference. Representatives spoke from Google, YouTube, Supreme & Kanye. A consultancy firm called Hyper lsland did some invigorating think-outside-the-box exercises. The Google person rattled-on about fake news & against-Trump, not addressing the company's bias as exposed by James Damore. The YouTube person showed quirky fun viral clips, didn't address the AdPocalypse, or anything serious. The Supreme guy was dripping with righteous, (&rightful) disdain-- he bragged that ~his~ brand grew from the streets-- grassroots-- & the corporate behemoth paying for his insights-- is unlikely to develop the same rapport with customers. The Kanye guy was surprisingly grounded. Hypler lsland twisted the attendees melons-- but some attendees had little juice to yield. Of a bakers-dozen small teams-- the team who brainstormed a truly game-changing idea-- got only 8% of their peers votes for Best Idea. <--that paragraph might sound snarky, because it's easy to cringe at the world of Social Media Influencers & marketing... & hard to express the engaging aspects of the event.

Prior to that gig, I had a week with the Grammys... helping run a soundstage in a 325-person room. Different performers each-night: St. Vincents, then SZA, then Biz Markie + Big Daddy Kane + EPMD + Slick Rick + Wu Tang's Ghostface Killah & Raekwon & GZA (plus Busta Rhymes showed-up). Then Portugal the Man rocked-out, with Kanye's 'creative director' aka Francis & The Lights-- basically doing karaoke-- as the opener. To win tickets for the event, one had to visit a pop-up shop selling vinyl records, & download a credit card company's app-- for using your phone as a credit card. In the retail space was a recording studio-- with a live band-- & you could sing just-about-anything karaoke-style. A vinyl record would be pressed for you, on the spot. free. And it was a picture disc, showing you singing with the band. They let you play Gibson guitars, or bass, keyboard, drums. Or BYO instruments. It was pretty cool. I talked to the band/record-pressing guy-- about me building them a mobile studio to tour the country.

I became friends with a black fatdad soundman, who was a Bad Brains roadie & minor punk legend. Behind the scenes, my coworkers were a kooky line-up. It was great to watch the team lurch-around like a drunk centipede. And excruciating. I got my tough jap girlfriend booked on the job. But a birdlike russian kid manager had a big puppydog crush on me... which drove my gf crazy & made her act like an angry old hag. Between me & gf, we were making nearly $1000/day. So I didn't want jealousy to screw-up us getting rehired... or cause the bosses to think we can't be placed on same jobs.

And-- before-that was 3 days as a stage carpenter for Jerry Springer the Opera-- an idea which has potential, but was executed in trite fashion. The stage was built really accurately, tho. & I got to text pictures of myself posing with the dancing Kkklansmen characters' robes, backstage.

Next comes fashion week.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

baby_dicky_head.jpg

That pic is obviously a fake. No way Dr. Richard Carrier PHD could be the father of that child, nor any child. Unless biology has advanced to where a facial can get a chick pregnant
It's not just that - if you remember the reason why he claims such massive sexual stamina is that he's had a vasectomy.

Barbie's Boyfriend

screwtape wrote:

baby_dicky_head.jpg

It's not just that - if you remember the reason why he claims such massive sexual stamina is that he's had a vasectomy.
Sorry, I stopped following Dickgate after he confessed his facial fetish to a bunch of man hating radfems.

But then, maybe he saved semen before I got snipped, and... oh fuck I ain't going there

Barbie's Boyfriend

Before HE got snipped. Oh gawd, what a typo. I may NEVER live that one down

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Well, we already knew that about you Ken. :bjarte:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Before HE got snipped. Oh gawd, what a typo. I may NEVER live that one down
It's cool. Hobbits are kinda sexy & Carrier spins a hell of a pitch on non-gay facials after a few drinks.

Barbie's Boyfriend

free thoughtpolice wrote: Well, we already knew that about you Ken. :bjarte:
I am NOT snipped !!!

However, old age and poor health have rendered my nether regions mostly useless. No doctors necessary lol

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Remind me to steer clear of the mayo if I ever make a sammich in your kitchen.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

John D wrote: Does this guy every sleep????????..... a million views in less than one day at Prager...

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Hunt wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:24 am
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

Has this video from PZ been posted?

I am not seeing any comments, but I also do not see that comments are disabled. Is this something new?

It's pretty easy to understand it at 2x speed.
I have to admit, I thought the lobster angle was a bit silly too, especially since we have close ape relatives with ruthlessly hierarchical social structure as well. To say that "hierarchical social structure is a social construct" is a bit redundant, but what this means is that SJWs have to show that human social hierarchy is fundamentally different than, say, chimp social structure, and that chimp hierarchy is something of a "social construct", which is really pushing it. If they conceive that chimp social structure can be reorganized, say by some disrupting factor, the onus is on them to show how, why and when, and to show it will remain that way as easily as other means of organization. That's what it means for social structure to be purely a "social construct".

Personally, I think the unsettling lines between ape and human social structure are partly based on biology, but can be behaviorally overridden in humans.
I wonder who the PZ toady is on that thread whose only contribution to the discussion is stuff like 'your a Nazi' and 'you are a fucking idiot' and other ankle biting nonsense. Cause I have no idea who the useless troll called Khaine's Lair could be. Sounds like a heap big idiot though.

And PZ is taking a shit-kicking on that video. Him and Khaine's Lair should have stayed on the SJW reservation selling their rainbow beads to the tourists.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Mark Collett has a video up bitching and moaning that the Holocaust gets too much of a bad rap when commie excesses overshadow the 6 million figure. A number which he is prepared to accept (momentarily) for the sake of argument.

I’ve never understood why the white blood defenders are happy to adopt the Nazi gang colours, be vitriolic over the JQ and in Mark’s case, be happy to tit-fuck a girfriend who has fleshy pill-boxes covered in Nazi tats.

But raise the Holocaust and they limp dick into horrified denial.

I can’t work out whether their desire for a modern day Jewish conspiracy is more exciting to them than accepting the delicious reality of dead kikes. Or are they really mummy boys horrified by the ugly reality of Nazi pragmatism? Maybe they are geniuses and think that aping Nazi ideology is fine and PC but endorsing the Holocaust might cost them support?

I’ll let you know if I get a bite.

http://i.imgur.com/EFSntyA.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Mark Collett has a video up bitching and moaning that the Holocaust gets too much of a bad rap when commie excesses overshadow the 6 million figure. A number which he is prepared to accept (momentarily) for the sake of argument.

I’ve never understood why the white blood defenders are happy to adopt the Nazi gang colours, be vitriolic over the JQ and in Mark’s case, be happy to tit-fuck a girfriend who has fleshy pill-boxes covered in Nazi tats.

But raise the Holocaust and they limp dick into horrified denial.

I can’t work out whether their desire for a modern day Jewish conspiracy is more exciting to them than accepting the delicious reality of dead kikes. Or are they really mummy boys horrified by the ugly reality of Nazi pragmatism? Maybe they are geniuses and think that aping Nazi ideology is fine and PC but endorsing the Holocaust might cost them support?

I’ll let you know if I get a bite.
There's a better, more economical explanation: their ideas are contradictory, their approach to reality is incoherent, and personally they're not incredibly bright. To say the least.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That’s the eagle to Mount Doom cop out.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

That Jordan Peterson guy gets everywhere these days!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

He seems to be getting some push back from the Alt-Right these days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc3o4YmHJbc

They are interpreting it as a 'gotcha' moment...though it seems more of a Rorschach test to me.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

Re the Finsbury Park murder and reporting of same.

Dominic Casciani of BBC included the following weird sentence in his "analysis".
BBC wrote:Osborne is not the first terrorist to have radicalised so quickly. In 2014, a young man who was groomed by Islamists went through a similarly rapid change.
This seems to be part of a narrative of false equivalence whereby anybody can be 'radicalised' and is therefore only one step away from murderous behaviour. So just as a muslim can be 'radicalised' into a truck of peace driver, then equally, so can anybody - you or I for instance - can be 'radicalised' into a Darren Osborne.

This is a sleight of hand which Sam Harris, for one, addresses.

The true picture is that 'radicalisation' is not something that can just happen, at random, to anybody. 'Radicalisation' is when somebody who already has an ideology which includes murderous elements, transitions into someone who wants to put those murderous elements in to practice.

I will grant Casciani that someone who is already a fascist can be radicalised into a murderous fascist. Just as someone who is already an islamist can be radicalised into a murderous islamist. Or an Antifa can become a murderous bike-lock Antifa.

I'll have to use myself as an example - and say that I, on the other hand, cannot be radicalised by one single step. I am a liberal*, and, if i were to become a 'radicalised liberal' (whatever that would be) I still wouldn't be dangerous. Liberalism may have some ideas which are arguably foolish and counter-productive if applied without due care, but it has no murderous ones, so radical liberals are physically harmless.

So it would take me two steps not one to become Darren Osborn. I would first have to ditch liberalism for fascism and secondly become radicalised into a murderous fascist.

So to anyone who wants to equate fascist radicalisation like Osborn with Islamic radicalisation I say "Thanks for admitting that Islam is a form of fascism !"

*English definition of word not US.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

More like Occam's Razor.

If you want to be more specific:

The NeoNazi/white supremacist brigade is, today, a hodgepodge of various white identity politics groups, some of whom think that whites are "oppressed" somehow by having to share the countries they live in with those Evil Non-Whites,while others believe in Alex Jones-like conspiracy theories like "Jews invented porn to spread degeneracy among whites" or "yoga is a gateway to Satanic beliefs", or think that low birth rates among Europeans and immigration of non-Europeans is "genocide", or think that differences between different populations of humans (which exist, just like differences between men and women) mean that human beings are as different as different species of animals (the difference is nowhere near that big, neither for different regional "races" nor for men and women).

Even the "identity" thing isn't clear: some are pro-nationalism (which implies division on cultural/legal/linguistic basis), others want a "white nation" (which implies dismembering existing states and disregarding nationalism), others are more in favor of "white Christianity", and of course the concept of "west" that some support doesn't have a precise definition (is Russia "western"? what about Eastern Europe? Or Latin America?).

There's no precise political platform to guide them (not yet, anyway). Even the most common concepts they refer to, like "ethno-state", aren't well defined (who exactly gets in and who gets out? what is the exact basis for deciding that? etc.).

The old Nazis, many of whom were alive and politically and socially active for many years after WWII, believed in a more specific set of German identity politics: Hitler planned the enslavement/partial extermination of Eastern Slavs after he was done with the Jews, he wasn't particularly fond of Southern European, either (although he strategically allied with the "Make Italy Great Again" Italian fascists) and believed in a "Uber-German" identity of all the descendants (or alleged descendants) of the blue-eyed, blond-haired (who actually weren't all blue-eyed and blond haired) Germanic tribes (so, at least in his mind, Anglo-Saxons, Scandinavians, the German diaspora in Eastern Europe and other blue-eyed and blond-haired groups he could find).

His geopolitical plan was also pretty clear: defeat and humiliate the hated French Latins (who had humiliated Germany after WWI), peace with the British Empire, then carve out a "living space" in Eastern Europe/Russia by kicking out/enslaving/killing Jews and Slavs, then when Germany was ready ally with the British and take on the US, defeat them and leave the waves to Britannia to rule, and Eastern Asia to the Japanese.

After World War Two ended, and the Nazi political project had failed spectacularly badly (mostly since, morality aside, it was never a realistic plan to begin with) the surviving Nazis went on to deny the parts of the plan that had been already set in motion, especially the Jewish genocide, at first to literally save their necks from the gallows, then to play the victim through the narrative of the Poor Little Germany unjustly blamed for a war that all the fault of the Soviet Union and of a big misunderstanding with their Anglo cousins.

While Germany was de-nazified pretty intensively, the old Nazis either left or went underground, but after a while the Americans employed some of them, and closed an eye to others, as long as they didn't openly preach Nazism, while the Soviets recycled some of them to build a police state in their German occupation zone.

Basically some underground movements of children/relatives/friends of Old Nazis existed, and while they laid low they spread both narratives of German victimhood and of minimizing or denying the Holocaust among various white identity groups.

After the Soviets failed, and with them the Communist dream, which has failed spectacularly at its goals, nationalisms which were largely unrelated to Nazism emerged in Eastern Europe as a way to deal with the Communist past. Far-right groups of Neo-Nazis, many of which had only flimsy links to old Nazis, emerged among hooligans/unemployed people in Eastern Germany, Poland, the Baltic States, even Russia. They had no clear ideology but were mostly about sets of grievances, social isolation, a culture of violence and simmering resentment.

Meanwhile the niche Holocaust denialists/minimizers got a boost to their victimhood stories through the well-intended, but highly stupid and counterproductive Holocaust denial laws. The Holocaust deniers used those laws to play the victim, to build a narrative that they censored them it was because they were "afraid of the truth", and to get invited by various Middle Eastern regimes that had a beef with the Jews. They also, like everyone else, had a steady Internet presence, especially on message boards.

Fast forward to the New Millennium/the New Tens. The seemingly unstoppable rise of islamic terrorism, the utter and complete failure of the "missions to the export democracy" in the Middle East, many issues with immigration and integration in many European nations and in the US have created a more generalized simmering resentment among many people.

Instead of addressing this resentment by tackling some of the issues of integration and immigration, or by giving up on unwinnable wars in the Middle East, many "western" powers have simply swept all issues under the carpet, all while pushing for more and more restrictive (and as usually, completely counterproductive) "hate speech" laws. All of this while the rise of the SocJus extended the idea of "white supremacy" or "racism" to things like white people practicing yoga or criticism of islam on a leftist/progressive basis, or Halloween costumes, or serving chicken tikka, all while promoting stricter and stricter social rules inspired by Po-Mo identity politics and scales of oppression, and on suppressing anyone who disagrees through online dogpiling, "no-platforming", doxxing, and eventually the idea of "punching Nazis".

All of this has created fertile soil for a renaissance of white identity politics. The SocJus insane denial of differences between men and women ("no such thing as biological sex!") has led many to question the more general denial of inter-ethnic differences, which also exist, but are greatly exaggerated and essentialized in some circles. The SocJus attacks on rational, religious-based criticism of islam as "gross, racist" has left no option for critics of islam to get a fair hearing in mainstream academia, and so people dissatisfied with the issues of islam have flocked to the right, and in part to the far-right. The same is true for issues of immigration, where any kind of criticism is coupled with racism and white supremacy by the SocJus and so by large parts of the (SocJus friendly, or often just clueless) media.

Basically by telling people that they were white supremacists for wearing sombreros at Halloween and/or for questioning immigration policies or saying that men and women are different or that ethnic groups exist and aren't exactly the same or criticising islam the SocJus had made many people more receptive to ACTUAL white identitarian messages. Looking for racism everywhere and accusing anyone of being a racist has lessened the social stigma towards racism. Good job, SJWs!

Add in the surprising victory of Donald Trump, who has flirted with white identitarian policies and has proposed ideas to deal with immigration that are incoherent and counterproductive but look effective when compared to the "no border" or "islam is the religion of peace" crowds, and many are stuck in a limbo of vague and incoherent sets of ideas which frequently blur and overlap.

So you have critics of identity politics, progressive critics of the SocJus and islam like Maher or Harris, civic nationalists, Jordan Peterson fans, Trump fans, alt-lite, alt-right, Holocaust deniers in the Old Nazi style, white identitarians, old fashioned hooligan white supremacists, the KKK, David Duke, fans of ethno-states, all lumped together with the label of "racist" or "white supremacists" by people who appear in the media and have social power.

Things are deliberately confused, labels are applied with no rhyme or reason, people like Steven Pinker or Jerry Coyne or even Bernie Sanders (!!) are called "white supremacists" or "alt-right sympathizers" for deviating even a bit from the SocJus dogmas/criticizing the SocJus.

It's inevitable that in these confused says some people who aren't as clever as they think they are fancy themselves as "Youtube thinkers", and prop up some identity politics-based victimhood narrative, which of course clashes with some other assumptions of other people in their circles.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Perhaps the issues would be solved if identarian movements could be made illegal, or at least socially unacceptable.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

piginthecity wrote: Re the Finsbury Park murder and reporting of same.

Dominic Casciani of BBC included the following weird sentence in his "analysis".
BBC wrote:Osborne is not the first terrorist to have radicalised so quickly. In 2014, a young man who was groomed by Islamists went through a similarly rapid change.
This seems to be part of a narrative of false equivalence whereby anybody can be 'radicalised' and is therefore only one step away from murderous behaviour. So just as a muslim can be 'radicalised' into a truck of peace driver, then equally, so can anybody - you or I for instance - can be 'radicalised' into a Darren Osborne.

This is a sleight of hand which Sam Harris, for one, addresses.

The true picture is that 'radicalisation' is not something that can just happen, at random, to anybody. 'Radicalisation' is when somebody who already has an ideology which includes murderous elements, transitions into someone who wants to put those murderous elements in to practice.

I will grant Casciani that someone who is already a fascist can be radicalised into a murderous fascist. Just as someone who is already an islamist can be radicalised into a murderous islamist. Or an Antifa can become a murderous bike-lock Antifa.

I'll have to use myself as an example - and say that I, on the other hand, cannot be radicalised by one single step. I am a liberal*, and, if i were to become a 'radicalised liberal' (whatever that would be) I still wouldn't be dangerous. Liberalism may have some ideas which are arguably foolish and counter-productive if applied without due care, but it has no murderous ones, so radical liberals are physically harmless.

So it would take me two steps not one to become Darren Osborn. I would first have to ditch liberalism for fascism and secondly become radicalised into a murderous fascist.

So to anyone who wants to equate fascist radicalisation like Osborn with Islamic radicalisation I say "Thanks for admitting that Islam is a form of fascism !"

*English definition of word not US.
Also Islamic radicalization doesn't happen in a vacuum. Most of the Islamic terrorists or wannabe terrorists aren't people who simply read something on the Internet and go on a rampage (I'd argue that most far-right/white nationalist terrorists aren't "radicalized by the internet", either). There are networks of people who preach armed insurgence against the "Evil West", or the islamic takeover of Europe or the world, or that there's a war between islam and the "west" and muslims need to kill the kaffir everywhere to "defend themselves", etc. etc.

All those positions have support not just in the ahadith, but in the Qu'ran as well. Also the idea of a muslim takeover is openly and explicitly preached by pretty much all Salafi preachers, the difference is only when and how the takeover will take place. The same is true for the idea that muslims shouldn't integrate, or that western women are whores, or that the west is "degenerate" and will be wiped out, etc. There's a continuum of very bad ideas within islam.

What is worse is that many islamic "charities" or "human rights groups" (MEND, CAIR, the Muslim Brotherhood in general) are far too happy to spread those ideas that inspire terrorism and "radicalization" on one side, while they play the victim and beg for government funds on the other, while openly terroristic and muslim supremacist groups like Hezbollah or Hamas, or muslim supremacist ideas in general (including anti-semitism) are tolerated in some circles, even some allegedly progressive circles.

On the other hand criticism of islam is all lumped in with racism and white supremacy, even when it's done by ex-muslims, and even when it's clearly not based on race, but on religious ideas. There are also clear double standards, when everyone who says that islamic ideas, and especially things like the justifications for Mohammed's abuse of a nine year old girl, play a role in the common justifications of muslim child grooming gangs is called an "islamophobe", while nobody calls critics of the Catholic Church and its covering up of child sexual abuse "Catholic-phobes".

To say nothing of the idiotic ideas like "islam is a feminist religion" (if feminism means that a woman has to obey to her husband, sexual slavery is fine and a woman is worth half of a man, then sure) or "islam is the religion of peace". Or of the motte and bailey process where more liberal muslims, who are frequently attacked by the literalist/reactionary ones, are offered as the "proof" that "real islam" is actually not so bad (which, to be fair, is something that some muslim groups, like the Ahmadi, do on their own).

In this cultural context it's very hard to have a serious, rational conversation about the many, many flaws of islam, or about how NOT to promote those who defend them and instead promoting variety of ideas, criticism, and more liberal approaches from wishy-washy or liberal or ex-muslims, or about how to defeat muslim supremacist groups, or about how to promote integration, modernization, liberalization, etc.

The most irritating thing is that the groups which should be more interested in modernizing and liberalizing the social contexts where immigrants from muslim-majority countries are raised and/or live are the ones who most fiercely attack critics of islam, allegedly to "fight racism". Progressives should be wary of anti-LGBT, misogynistic, illiberal, reactionary, violent messages within muslim communities. Instead they blame Sam Harris or Ayaan Hirsi Ali for pointing out those problems, while they celebrate hijabs as "symbols of freedom".

In this context, where free and open rational discussion of the problems with islam is suppressed through accusation of racism and white supremacy and online dogpiling, it's not surprising that it's only true racists and/or far right people who openly report on issues with islamic immigration. It's also not surprising that those groups are growing in popularity.

You'd think that this would cause the progressives to ask themselves what's going on and wonder whether their strategies to prevent the growth of racism went wrong, but no, they once again blame Sam Harris or Bill Maher for having "normalized islamophobia".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote: Perhaps the issues would be solved if identarian movements could be made illegal, or at least socially unacceptable.
The issues are solved by allowing people to have conversations without words being put in their mouths, or without being accused of supporting something even though they're clearly not. Identitarian ideas have social appeal because they're seen as the only possible solution to a problem, even though they're not, and that's most likely because the problem isn't addressed well, or well enough.

Legal or social suppression never works in the long run if there's an underlying problem which is never addressed.

If anyone who criticizes feminism or just some specific aspects of it is called a "misogynist", or anyone who criticizes the concept of "white privilege" and its application to different context is called a racist, or anyone who criticizes islam is called an islamophobe, or conversely if anyone who points out issues with police training or with the militarization of the police is called a SJW or a "libtard cuck", or anyone who criticizes some workplace practices which allow cover for sexual abuser or promotes defending abortion rights is called a "feminazi", then of course it all becomes a battle of rival tribes over who gets supremacy over society.

The cure for identitarian movements is stopping easy moral outrage, online dogpiling and call out culture, and allowing a more rational flow of the discourse to take place.

I recognize that this is going to be hard, since online media are great for dogpiling, hashtag activism, doxxing and other amenities, and promoting stupid but incendiary ideas is excellent for clickbait.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well I'm trying to be a neutral as possible.

Are identarian groups always bad?

What principles should be used to distinguish when it is OK for a group to form to advocate for common goals?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The 1st step in fighting Islamic terrorism is not to call it Islamic. Islam didndu nutt'n!

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Hmmm...

There is an application that uses hundreds of pictures of a face, which can then be overlaid onto another video. So far it has mostly been used for porn. But nothing says it has to be used for porn only.

Reddit for the application:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fakeapp/

Article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42905185

Mostly NSFW examples:
https://www.reddit.com/r/deepfakes/

A clean example:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Pagancat

Post by Pagancat »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Chalked up in shit I wish were true, but most likely is not.
Hermann Gottlieb is a character in the movie Pacific Rim.
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Hermann_Gottlieb

What evidence do you have that this is not completely fabricated islamic hate-wank material?

Google doesn't have much on him. This seems like it would be a much larger story.
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... n+Gottlieb

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:
Google doesn't have much on him. This seems like it would be a much larger story.
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... n+Gottlieb
Enough with the fat shaming.