The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: The Trump Dump!

#421

Post by deLurch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 am

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: You like that tax plan? Seriously?
I did not say I liked it nor disliked it. I haven't really checked it out yet. I have heard that it is in a more solid form.

I hear it is a real confusing sausage fest. Something about about lower taxes for smaller businesses. Maybe something about the rich getting a bargain. Time out provisions that claw back the good stuff for the masses, while leaving key provisions in for the rich. Those living in high tax states & cities getting fucked (and I think that mostly boils down to blue states).

I would really have to read through some good analysis from groups that I trust before I can assess it.

Here is one analysis for me to start looking at.
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publicat ... ework/full

I live in a low tax state/county/city. Itemizing does nothing for me. The higher standard deduction would benefit me. I don't pay AMT. It may be a bit of an advantage for me.

That said, I am not measure how good or bad a tax plan solely on how it benefits me. I do care how it affects other people. I do think that "trickle down" theory from the super rich to the poor is complete bullshit. I think Regan proved that. I am sympathetic to the disadvantage that small businesses allegedly have since they cannot bargain for tax breaks & take advantage of significant deductions as large corporations can. And I do think that small businesses are the best hope for job growth and to innovate into new larger corporations.

And that said, I largely view this as the legislator's (House/Senate) work, not Trump's. Look, we were going to get fucked some how, some way, by either party. At least now we can still complain about it.

<snark>And as a snide side remark, I have been listening for the past 8 years about how much Democrats and socialists just love to pay taxes, and how they wish we paid more. If it is true that the high tax blue states are getting fucked by losing their deductions, they just got their wish.</snark>

In any case, if you have any links to what you consider good analysis of the tax plan from less partisan, more reliable sources post them here so we can share the knowledge.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#422

Post by free thoughtpolice » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 pm

I think this is a reasonable view
tax.PNG
(148.96 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#423

Post by Sunder » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:30 pm


free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#424

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Vice President Pence, you shore do have a purdy mouth:

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#425

Post by free thoughtpolice » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm

I knew it! That fucking Bannon is an undercover liberal member of The Deep State and George Soros is behind the funding of Breitbart News.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/us/p ... annon.html

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#426

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Lawmakers concerned about President Donald Trump’s mental state summoned Yale University psychiatry professor Dr. Bandy X. Lee to Capitol Hill last month for two days of briefings about his recent behavior.

In private meetings with more than a dozen members of Congress held on Dec. 5 and 6, Lee briefed lawmakers — all Democrats except for one Republican senator, whom Lee declined to identify. Her professional warning to Capitol Hill: “He’s going to unravel, and we are seeing the signs.”

In an interview, she pointed to Trump “going back to conspiracy theories, denying things he has admitted before, his being drawn to violent videos.” Lee also warned, “We feel that the rush of tweeting is an indication of his falling apart under stress. Trump is going to get worse and will become uncontainable with the pressures of the presidency.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... lth-322625

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#427

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 pm

More than 60,000 mental health professionals have signed [a] petition, which states:

“We, the undersigned mental health professionals, believe in our professional judgment that Donald Trump manifests a serious mental illness that renders him psychologically incapable of competently discharging the duties of President of the United States. And we respectfully request he be removed from office, according to article 4 of the 25th amendment to the Constitution, which states that the president will be replaced if he is ‘unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.’”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... nald-trump

http://www.adutytowarn.org

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... n-the-room


free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#429

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 am

Bannon is truly toast now. Trump has given him a nickname, Sloppy Steve.
Bannon should have never badmouthed Jewboy Jared or Dumbass Donald Jr.

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#430

Post by Sunder » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:27 pm

The way Trump shittalks everyone who leaves his administration just makes him look like a bigger idiot for having hired them in the first place.

I was repeatedly told that having a revolving door in the White House meant that Trump was just iterating his team, trying to find the very best guys.

Well fuck I hope he stumbles across them eventually.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#431

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Sunder wrote: The way Trump shittalks everyone who leaves his administration just makes him look like a bigger idiot for having hired them in the first place.

I was repeatedly told that having a revolving door in the White House meant that Trump was just iterating his team, trying to find the very best guys.

Well fuck I hope he stumbles across them eventually.
Why anyone in their right mind would want to work for Trump is beyond me. The loyalty test means you may be asked to break the law to help cover his crooked ass and his erratic behavior makes the work his cabinet people, like Tillerson, does that much harder.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#432

Post by John D » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Hoho... Trump calls some countries "Shit Hole" countries. Wow. Only Trump.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#433

Post by Lsuoma » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Can't say he's wrong about much of Africa...

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#434

Post by Sunder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 am

I think if Trump just dropped his pants and took a shit on stage some people would applaud him for the novelty. "Only Trump."

John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#435

Post by John D » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 am

Sunder wrote: I think if Trump just dropped his pants and took a shit on stage some people would applaud him for the novelty. "Only Trump."
99% of Americans call these countries "shit holes". When Trump says "Why are we taking so many immigrants from shit hole countries and not countries like Norway?" many people are thinking... "Yeah.... why do we take all these immigrants from shit hole countries?" It is not so crazy for him to say this. It is not very polite however... that's for sure.

After a full year Trump still surprises me. That's pretty funny I think, because I never expected him to change or anything. Still, the guy is an unusual creation.

Trump reminds me a bit of my father. My dad can talk to anybody about anything and uses the most blunt language. He is not a racist, but he can sure say things that sound impolite. We often shush him when we are in public because he is so loud and blunt. I could totally see my dad ask me "Why do we get so many immigrants from shit hole countries and not from places like Norway?" Haha. Then he and I would discuss immigration policy and how it favors family connections more than skills and training...etc.

I think it is interesting that Trump calls our system "chain" immigration. He gives things names that people can latch onto. Maybe he didn't invent the name of "chain immigration", but it allows him to simplify the story. Up until about two months ago, I don't think I heard anyone call our immigration policy "chain immigration". Now I hear it every day.

I gotta say that, if we want to maintain a strong US economy, we need immigrants to be highly skilled. We have too many low skilled workers in my opinion. Of course, more skilled immigrants will lower the wages of skilled workers in general. This would not be good for me personally, but it seems like the right thing for the overall economy.

Sunder
.
.
Posts: 3857
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#436

Post by Sunder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 am

Whoops looks like his courage failed. I guess his base are just as foolish as everyone else for believing he ever said it.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#437

Post by John D » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 am

Sunder wrote: Whoops looks like his courage failed. I guess his base are just as foolish as everyone else for believing he ever said it.
Haha. Wow. The whole thing is almost unbelievable. I would say too... that my Father (and often my brother) tend to tell a story rather than the truth. Their version of the truth drifts quite a bit. I think they feel that the entertainment value of a story is more important than it being 100% true. I do a bit of "storytelling" myself.... but I am trying my best to do it less.

Trump is definitely a "storyteller". He values the emotional reaction of his audience more than the truth.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#438

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:09 am

John D wrote: Trump is definitely a "storyteller". He values the emotional reaction of his audience more than the truth.
You say storyteller, I say "con man", let's call the whole thing off. :bjarte:

John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#439

Post by John D » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 am

Kirbmarc wrote:
John D wrote: Trump is definitely a "storyteller". He values the emotional reaction of his audience more than the truth.
You say storyteller, I say "con man", let's call the whole thing off. :bjarte:
Yes... sometimes Trump is a "con man" and not just a "storyteller".

jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2570
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#440

Post by jet_lagg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 am

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Can't say he's wrong about much of Africa...
My thoughts as well. Is there anyone that disagrees with Trump on this point? Disagreements that go beyond offended sensibilities I mean. It's like when you have an uncle who is clearly an alcoholic, then one family member has the audacity to go ahead and say so out loud. Audible gasps. People running to fetch the smelling salts.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#441

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am

I think that this tweet is very relevant to the discussion of Trump's "shithole" moment:
The problem why the sentence "why are we letting people in from the shithole countries", is with the "why", not with the "shithole country". Some countries ARE shitholes, yes. But Trump's argument was that the people from those countries deserve to immigrate in the US less than people from other countries, regardless of their education, qualifications, wealth, English skills, and possible contributions to the US.

Remember, he was talking about LEGAL immigrants, and those kind of immigrants are thoroughly vetted and strictly selected, to the point that those who are let in have on average more and better degrees than Americans.

Also he compared the people from the countries he deemed to be shitholes with people from Norway.

It's not a stretch to assume that what Trump meant was "why are we letting in people from those specific ethnicities and not people who look like Norwegians?"

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#442

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am

Hell if you ask me, Turkey is turning into a shithole under Erdogan. There. I have Turkish ancestry, and I'm calling Turkey itself a shithole. I don't give a shit. If Trump called Turkey or Switzerland a shithole I wouldn't care (although he'd probably do it for different reasons than I'd do).

But Trump's comment, as the Goddamn President of the United States, is basically saying "why are we letting these (non-white) people from their shithole countries in instead of those nice (white) Norwegian guys?" That's a bit more troubling than simply saying "shithole", especially from the leader of a country during a meeting on immigration.

John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#443

Post by John D » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 am

Kirbmarc wrote: Hell if you ask me, Turkey is turning into a shithole under Erdogan. There. I have Turkish ancestry, and I'm calling Turkey itself a shithole. I don't give a shit. If Trump called Turkey or Switzerland a shithole I wouldn't care (although he'd probably do it for different reasons than I'd do).

But Trump's comment, as the Goddamn President of the United States, is basically saying "why are we letting these (non-white) people from their shithole countries in instead of those nice (white) Norwegian guys?" That's a bit more troubling than simply saying "shithole", especially from the leader of a country during a meeting on immigration.
I think the problem has to do with conflating race with culture. The issue Trump has with immigrants from some countries has more to do with how well they will become "true" Americans. This is not directly based on race. It is very much dependent on culture. So... if you think that picking on a certain culture is bad, then you can claim Trump is a racist. Do you think Trump is a racist because he picks on certain cultures? Perhaps he is wrong about some cultures... even bigoted... but I don't think he is a racist.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#444

Post by Kirbmarc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:53 am

John D wrote: I think the problem has to do with conflating race with culture. The issue Trump has with immigrants from some countries has more to do with how well they will become "true" Americans. This is not directly based on race. It is very much dependent on culture. So... if you think that picking on a certain culture is bad, then you can claim Trump is a racist. Do you think Trump is a racist because he picks on certain cultures? Perhaps he is wrong about some cultures... even bigoted... but I don't think he is a racist.
But the people who immigrate from Africa to the US are very strictly selected, so much that they're more likely to have a degree than an average American. I really doubt this is about culture, especially since he's lumping together Haiti with African states, then going on to compare those situations (unfavorably) to Norway. The "culture" he's picking on seems to be a proxy for ethnicity/race.

jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2570
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#445

Post by jet_lagg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 am
It's not a stretch to assume that what Trump meant was "why are we letting in people from those specific ethnicities and not people who look like Norwegians?"
Well it's a reasonable question. I wish we had a president who could actually answer it. Something something, horses, steaks for dinner.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#446

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 am

Dropping some more stuff here for Vickie to ignore:

Just What Were Donald Trump's Ties to the Mob?
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ime-213910

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#447

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:47 am

trump on sex with his daughter and other underage girls:
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-com ... 1787304637

trump on his lust for his daughter's body:
https://forward.com/schmooze/357185/6-c ... 1-headline

Wholesome family photos:
donald-ivanka.jpg
(59.16 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
donald-ivanka-trump-throwback-photo-ftr-1.jpg
(84.98 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#448

Post by free thoughtpolice » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

Sloppy Steve receives subpoena to testify infront of grand jury.
Will he talk about meeting that Dumbass Donald Jr., Jewboy Jared, and Mealymouthed Mantafort attended with Boris and Natasha? Testify that President Dotard J. Trump knew about the meeting?
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wo ... e37617934/

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#449

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Conservative opponents to trump share their concerns about his mental instability:
Trump as a personality type is probably no different from a Mussolini, a Peron, a Chavez. And if you were operating in Argentina or Italy, he would probably be a dictator by now. But luckily, he’s not operating in those countries.
The criticism of Trump was fundamentally a criticism of character. I mean, yes, there are policy issues which were raised, but I think that was at the heart of the critique…. These are enormously consequential kinds of decisions that a president makes. And character really trumps, so to speak, everything else.
I think he’s a bully. He likes to beat up on people who are weaker than him. And so, you know, he tweets against Gold Star families, and Mika Brzezinski, and others, but when he meets somebody like Putin, or Xi Jinping, he’s kowtowing to them. He’s almost simpering to them in his obsequiousness.
… he is still incredibly erratic and unpredictable. And you see that now with the saber-rattling that he’s engaged in with North Korea. I mean, I can actually approve of some of his North Korea policy, the sanctions, for example, doing things that other presidents would have done. But it’s impossible to imagine any other president going before the U.N. General Assembly and referring to the dictator of North Korea as “Rocket Man,” or issuing this series of blustery threats, which, frankly, are terrifying, and are raising the risk of a needless war.
… he’s very ignorant, and he has very little idea of what his rhetoric can do…. I think the greater chance of war with North Korea is accidental; where we use a very aggressive military posture against them, have military aircraft flying very close to the North Korean border. They panic. They try to shoot down an airplane. Trump decides to respond. He issues tweets saying he’s going to end Kim Jong Un. They decide that this is all-out war.
He has an adolescent male fascination with the military. So that’s one problem. The other thing is, because he is a narcissist, he really lacks empathy.… if you tell him Seoul is going to be devastated, I don’t think he’s going to be horror-struck by that because I don’t think he can really sort of place himself in that position.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... now-216113

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#450

Post by free thoughtpolice » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Sloppy Steve is really Silent Steve. I wonder what the judge in the upcoming grand jury will do if he tries this.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ena-341492

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#451

Post by Kirbmarc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 am

Trump is America's Berlusconi. They have the same ego, penchant for shot-stirring, lack of ability to handle criticism without throwing tantrums, fundamental disrespect for separation of powers, the press and the rule of law, and recklessness (including sexual recklessness).

Both have no political platform but telling people what they want to hear, and both ended up allying themselves with reactionary and populist forces as a result of their marketing tools (offering simple, slogan-based -but contradictory and ineffective -"solutions" to people whose needs are neglected by academia).

I expect Trump to start throwing bunga-bunga parties with underage foreign "guests" anytime soon.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#452

Post by free thoughtpolice » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I expect Trump to start throwing bunga-bunga parties with underage foreign "guests" anytime soon.
Those days are probably past him now I think (too old), but if you believe certain accounts like the Stormy Daniels thing he probably been to more than a few of them already.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#453

Post by Kirbmarc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I expect Trump to start throwing bunga-bunga parties with underage foreign "guests" anytime soon.
Those days are probably past him now I think (too old)
Berlusconi was in his early seventies at the times of the parties. :bjarte:

But I imagine that there is much more scrutiny once one gets a view from the White House loo in Pennsylvania Avenue.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#454

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 am

moving this over from the undead thread:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am
I think it is important to point out that a psychiatrist or psychologist is somebody who is qualified to give diagnosis, a psychotherapist is just a fancy way of saying "therapist" or "counselor".... and they are not immune from being ideologues as we found out in the 1980s. It was largely Christian Psychotherapy which gave us the Ritual Satanic Abuse Scandals.

So it's 27 therapists who think Trump is unstable....
Alright, take just those 27 therapists and show any of them: a) are unqualified to detect NPD; b) have promulgated or fallen for scams like satanic abuse; c) have allowed their ideologies to affect their professional work -- and no, citing their belief that trump has malignant narcissism does not count.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#455

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am

Top expert on narcissism details why he believes trump is a dangerous narcissist:
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... aknin.html

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#456

Post by VickyCaramel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: moving this over from the undead thread:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am
I think it is important to point out that a psychiatrist or psychologist is somebody who is qualified to give diagnosis, a psychotherapist is just a fancy way of saying "therapist" or "counselor".... and they are not immune from being ideologues as we found out in the 1980s. It was largely Christian Psychotherapy which gave us the Ritual Satanic Abuse Scandals.

So it's 27 therapists who think Trump is unstable....
Alright, take just those 27 therapists and show any of them: a) are unqualified to detect NPD; b) have promulgated or fallen for scams like satanic abuse; c) have allowed their ideologies to affect their professional work -- and no, citing their belief that trump has malignant narcissism does not count.
I don't need to. The US is a country of 350 million people, with tens of thousands of qualified psychiatrists and you think it counts for something that you found 27 quacks who aren't even qualified to make a diagnosis (and wouldn't do if they were qualified because the APA (the real one) doesn't like it).

Come on Matt, both the Creationists and the climate change deniers were able to put up a better showing than this with their petitions. Give it up, you have already made enough of a fool of yourself.

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#457

Post by VickyCaramel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Top expert on narcissism details why he believes trump is a dangerous narcissist:
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... aknin.html
You make it sound like Sam Vaknin is some kind of medical expert. Instead he runs a blog.
He might however be an expert on physics:
A model of quantised time was proposed by Vaknin in his 1982 Ph.D. dissertation, titled "Time Asymmetry Revisited". The dissertation was published by California Miramar University. He postulates the existence of a particle (chronon). In the proposed theory, time is the result of the interaction of chronons, very much as other forces in nature are the result of other particle interactions. Vaknin postulates the existence of various time quarks (up, down, colors, etc.) whose properties cancel each other and thus the arrow of time is derived (time asymmetry).

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#458

Post by VickyCaramel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm

I take it back Matt, don't stop. This is hilarious stuff.

It seems Sam Vaknin also claimed Obama was a narcissist!
...however, he could just be doing this to promote his book. In fact when you try to do any research on Vakin, you find a lot of shameless self promotion, in fact you might even say he is a bit narcissistic... and you would be right, he was diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder in 1985 and has been touting himself as an expert on it ever since. :lol:

Keep 'em coming Matt.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 10612
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#459

Post by Lsuoma » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:57 pm

This Matt 'n' Vicky show reminds me of Peterson and that Channel 4 bint. First Pit wedding?

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#460

Post by free thoughtpolice » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 am

One place where the Trump organization has been accused of aiding money laundering is Panama. Because this didn't occur in the US chances are he won't be getting in to legal trouble over this.
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-drugs-cor ... ing-714891

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#461

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 pm

VickyCaramel wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am
So it's 27 therapists who think Trump is unstable....

The US is a country of 350 million people, with tens of thousands of qualified psychiatrists and you think it counts for something that you found 27 quacks who aren't even qualified to make a diagnosis (and wouldn't do if they were qualified because the APA (the real one) doesn't like it).
I anticipated this specious line from you, implying that there are but a measly 27 mental health professionals who think this. (Actually, your TDS is so severe, you probably believe that.) Did you check the credentials of all 70,000 now signers of that petition?

Who are these 27 "quacks" and what makes them unqualified? Let me guess -- opining that trump is NPD?

You're sniping Vickie, a disingenuous tactic you've honed with your climate change denial. You're unable to make any positive case for trump's sanity, other than argument by assertion -- oh, and your personal 'expertise' dealing with the rich and famous.

btw, aren't those photos of trump and his little girl just adorable?

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#462

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Lsuoma wrote: This Matt 'n' Vicky show reminds me of Peterson and that Channel 4 bint. First Pit wedding?
I'm sure Vickie'd prefer the donald over me, but he's already in an intimate relationship with Ivanka.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#463

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:09 pm

Like any good investigator, Mueller is 'following the money'.

Deutsche Bank looking at 'suspicious' Kushner transactions


free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#465

Post by free thoughtpolice » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:11 am

I read your link. Do you think Trump has been obeying this?
Gene Autry’s Cowboy Code
1. The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.

2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.

3. He must always tell the truth.

4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.

5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.

6. He must help people in distress.

7. He must be a good worker.

8. He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits.

9. He must respect women, parents, and his nations laws.

10. The Cowboy is a patriot.

Clarence
.
.
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#466

Post by Clarence » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 am

free thoughtpolice wrote:
I read your link. Do you think Trump has been obeying this?
Gene Autry’s Cowboy Code
1. The Cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.

2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.

3. He must always tell the truth.

4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.

5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.

6. He must help people in distress.

7. He must be a good worker.

8. He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits.

9. He must respect women, parents, and his nations laws.

10. The Cowboy is a patriot.
I must have missed where Trump swore allegience to the Cowboy Code.

VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#467

Post by VickyCaramel » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:51 am

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 pm
VickyCaramel wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am
So it's 27 therapists who think Trump is unstable....

The US is a country of 350 million people, with tens of thousands of qualified psychiatrists and you think it counts for something that you found 27 quacks who aren't even qualified to make a diagnosis (and wouldn't do if they were qualified because the APA (the real one) doesn't like it).
I anticipated this specious line from you, implying that there are but a measly 27 mental health professionals who think this. (Actually, your TDS is so severe, you probably believe that.) Did you check the credentials of all 70,000 now signers of that petition?

Who are these 27 "quacks" and what makes them unqualified? Let me guess -- opining that trump is NPD?

You're sniping Vickie, a disingenuous tactic you've honed with your climate change denial. You're unable to make any positive case for trump's sanity, other than argument by assertion -- oh, and your personal 'expertise' dealing with the rich and famous.

btw, aren't those photos of trump and his little girl just adorable?

I actually did a little research on the people who started the petition, not to mention which medical associations they do or don't belong to or are allowed to belong to. You, on the other hand have obviously done zero research which is why I'm not sniping... I am hosing you down with a machine gun.

I do not need to make a positive case for Trump's sanity, just because a bunch of unqualified quacks who never met the guy make the claim that he is a sociopath and started a petition. The burden of proof is on you, and I am quite happy to make that assertion.

And I have never denied climate change or man-made causes of climate change. What I have done is look at the numbers and realized that there is no possible way we can replace hydrocarbon fuels with fucking solar panels and windmills. ...because that's what the science tells us no matter what a bunch of tree hugging, sandal wearing, broccoli farting hippies want us to believe.

Did it ever occur to you that you are on the wrong website Matt? For once try to pick a side which has something more than pussy hat and a petition.


John D
.
.
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#469

Post by John D » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 am

free thoughtpolice wrote: The deep state conspiracy to overthrow Trump.https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... tion-ties/
Using a Bayesian analysis of this data we can prove, without a doubt, that Trump is guilty!

PS - Trump fucking crushed the Dems with this shutdown. Wow.... Schumer.... this was an idiot move on his part.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#470

Post by free thoughtpolice » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Sessions was interviewed by Mueller. I wonder how it went. :think:

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#471

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 pm

In 365 days, President Trump has made 2,140 false or misleading claims

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 1610bab32e

That's not even counting the times he's sworn "there's no problem" with the size of his package.

From his earliest days as president, Trump repeatedly took credit for events or business decisions that happened before he took the oath of office — or had even been elected. Sixty-two times, he has touted that he secured business investments and job announcements that had been previously announced and could easily be found with a Google search.

Among other deals, Trump took credit for a $1 billion investment by Fiat Chrysler (which the company said was due to talks with unions in 2015), a $1 billion General Motors investment (also in the works for some time), 10,000 jobs added by Walmart (announced in 2016), 10,000 jobs created by Intel (announced originally in 2011), 1 million planned jobs by Chinese e-company Alibaba (a plan outlined in 2015) and a $25 billion investment by Charter Communications (in the works since 2015). Trump also touted a big investment by Japanese company SoftBank — which announced its investment fund three weeks before the U.S. elections....

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#472

Post by free thoughtpolice » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:42 pm

It's not really lying if you are really rich.

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10313
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#473

Post by free thoughtpolice » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:55 am

The Simpson's writers will be fired as soon as Trump finds out who they voted for.

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#474

Post by Kirbmarc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: The Simpson's writers will be fired as soon as Trump finds out who they voted for.
Your joke is much funnier than the clip, though. The Simpsons really suck these days. There's so much material about Trump that you can turn into great jokes, and they still manage to be bland and unfunny. I've laughed far more at the Pit parody of Trump as a "shredded wheat-haired cunt".

Kirbmarc
.
.
Posts: 10577
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#475

Post by Kirbmarc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:02 pm

I mean, their heart is in the right place about Puerto Rico, but they're even less funny than Family Guy. And I fucking hate Family Guy.

Clarence
.
.
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#476

Post by Clarence » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In 365 days, President Trump has made 2,140 false or misleading claims

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 1610bab32e

That's not even counting the times he's sworn "there's no problem" with the size of his package.

From his earliest days as president, Trump repeatedly took credit for events or business decisions that happened before he took the oath of office — or had even been elected. Sixty-two times, he has touted that he secured business investments and job announcements that had been previously announced and could easily be found with a Google search.

Among other deals, Trump took credit for a $1 billion investment by Fiat Chrysler (which the company said was due to talks with unions in 2015), a $1 billion General Motors investment (also in the works for some time), 10,000 jobs added by Walmart (announced in 2016), 10,000 jobs created by Intel (announced originally in 2011), 1 million planned jobs by Chinese e-company Alibaba (a plan outlined in 2015) and a $25 billion investment by Charter Communications (in the works since 2015). Trump also touted a big investment by Japanese company SoftBank — which announced its investment fund three weeks before the U.S. elections....
Using the Washington Post as a source of "False or Misleading Claims" of Trump is really humorous. Or really stupid. Might as well have used Huffpost or Daily Kos. And I don't remember a single President in recent memory who hasn't taken credit for pretty much anything good that happens in the economy.

Does Trump lie? Yep. Does Trump exaggerate? Yep. Does the Washington Post do the same things about Trump? Yep.


Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12370
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#478

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Clarence wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:26 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In 365 days, President Trump has made 2,140 false or misleading claims

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 1610bab32e

That's not even counting the times he's sworn "there's no problem" with the size of his package.

From his earliest days as president, Trump repeatedly took credit for events or business decisions that happened before he took the oath of office — or had even been elected. Sixty-two times, he has touted that he secured business investments and job announcements that had been previously announced and could easily be found with a Google search.

Among other deals, Trump took credit for a $1 billion investment by Fiat Chrysler (which the company said was due to talks with unions in 2015), a $1 billion General Motors investment (also in the works for some time), 10,000 jobs added by Walmart (announced in 2016), 10,000 jobs created by Intel (announced originally in 2011), 1 million planned jobs by Chinese e-company Alibaba (a plan outlined in 2015) and a $25 billion investment by Charter Communications (in the works since 2015). Trump also touted a big investment by Japanese company SoftBank — which announced its investment fund three weeks before the U.S. elections....
Using the Washington Post as a source of "False or Misleading Claims" of Trump is really humorous. Or really stupid. Might as well have used Huffpost or Daily Kos. And I don't remember a single President in recent memory who hasn't taken credit for pretty much anything good that happens in the economy.

Does Trump lie? Yep. Does Trump exaggerate? Yep. Does the Washington Post do the same things about Trump? Yep.
WaPo is generally trustworthy, and not in the same league at all with Huffy Poo or Kos.

Which of those 2,140 trump claims do you think are not false or misleading?

Clarence
.
.
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#479

Post by Clarence » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:32 pm

The Washington Post is not 'generally trustworthy' when it comes to Trump and the collapse of this Russian thing in the next two months will show you that better than me pulling up dozens of examples.

The Washington Post is supposed to be newspaper. They are supposed to check their sources and conduct what is called journalism. They have not done so with this administration even if 90 percent of those alleged examples were correct and not mostly examples of their double standards when it came to utterances from The One and The Drumpf.

Clarence
.
.
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm
Contact:

Re: The Trump Dump!

#480

Post by Clarence » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:37 pm

I mean seriously, this is opinion masquerading as fact checking: "The wall will have virtually no effect on drugs coming into the country. According to reports by the DEA, the majority of drugs are smuggled through legal ports of entry or smuggled through underground tunnels. There is also no evidence that Democrats want to have illegal immigrants and drugs "pour into our country." Finally, there appears to be no credible study that ranks Mexico as the most dangerous country in the world."
Do I have to mention how? Pick your timeframe and parts of Mexico have indeed been ranked 'most dangerous' places in the world.
The wall won't reduce drugs? Apparently it won't have seismic sensors and won't be 50 feet underground so it will be EASY to tunnel under undetected amiright? HOW THE WALL IS BUILT WILL DETERMINE HOW GOOD IT IS AT KEEPING OUT DRUGS = that should be obvious.

You really expect me to take this bullshit seriously? You just looked at the headline.

Post Reply