There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I keep hoping Myers's latest fuckup will be the one that finally gets him raked over the coals, but it seems unlikely as those with access to rakes seem to look at him as a smelly dog turd they just want off their lawn, and raking it over coals seems like a great way to ruin a perfectly good rake and fill the air with the aroma of burning dog crap.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 pm
Over at Jerry's:
Evidence that raptors spread brushfires to flush out prey

Now the paper at hand is far from conclusive, but it raises questions that really do deserve investigation, for it suggests that at least three species of Australian raptors, jointly called “firehawks,” spread brushfires to flush out prey. If true, that would mean that birds either “use fire” or “weaponize fire”—something known only in our own species.

It’s long been known that predatory birds from many places hang around the edges of spreading fires to snap up prey fleeing incineration or to feast on burnt corpses. But what’s new about this paper by Mark Bonta et al. in the Journal of Ethnobiology (reference below, free text and pdf) is the description of raptors carrying in their beaks or talons burning sticks from places on fire to places yet unburned, igniting new fires (they spread quickly) and flushing out more prey to eat. The study was conducted in Northern Australia, and the behavior hasn’t been described in other areas.
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... -out-prey/
Personally, I am waiting on California to go on a tear trying to eliminate all hawks from the skies.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

John D wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 am
FYI - I have written an updated version of our SJW game. There are several new features.

1) Each player will be playing as a "character" within the game and these characters are called slaktvisits.

2) I have greatly simplified the scoring.

3) I have added more complexity to the Reality Cards.

I like where it is going. I must still stress that none of the jokes are funny. My focus is on getting the game to work and then working on the humor.

Please message me if you would like the rules and pdfs of the cards. Feedback is needed and appreciated.
As a game-designer (currently working on a version of D&D that is based on ratios), I'd be interested in this and love to help. Can you post the files somewhere or send them to a gmail account?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

There's a dedicated thread with some spitballing here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=527

If you DM John he'll email you the game files. We talked about doing some online playtesting with Vassal, but I'm booked solid for the next two weekends and won't be able to work on a module until after that.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Unrelated to the Pinker debacle but spotted this while twatter-trawling and it's too funny not to share:

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote: I keep hoping Myers's latest fuckup will be the one that finally gets him raked over the coals, but it seems unlikely as those with access to rakes seem to look at him as a smelly dog turd they just want off their lawn, and raking it over coals seems like a great way to ruin a perfectly good rake and fill the air with the aroma of burning dog crap.

Myers actually gained some publicity from smearing Pinker. Certainly he got more comments on his blog that his usual insipid mushy SocJus pap ever gets. Maybe he's even gotten more traffic.

I think he's found his niche: shitting on people more successful than he is by contributing to smearing their reputation (like he did in the case of Shermer and the "hand grenade" post, or in the case of Nugent and the "haven for rapists" claim).

After failing at being a Horseman, failing at writing a decent book, failing at starting the Atheism Plus movement inside atheism, failing at growing his blog platform into anything substantial, and failing at keeping it together, he's finally being noticed once again.

I don't think he's going to stop, I think he's going to keep calling liberal thinkers "alt-right" or "right-wingers" or "shitweasels" and lying about them.

He's the The Smearing Atheist. That's what he does, that's what he enjoys doing, that's why anyone still cares about him. Who knows what he'll do next, maybe he'll accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of being a white supremacist, or maybe he'll argue that Jerry Coyne is a Nazi.

"Keep clicking for more names of secret Nazis, people! More will be named!"

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

So the cold air inhaled by my seminal vesicle through my penis chills the lymph and causes thermal shock to my brain and hair loss? That would explain why I can't think straight and started going bald in my twenties.

Who the fuck put this out, the Mormons?

Really?

Post by Really? »

PZ also got a mention on Ben Shapiro's podcast for his lies about Pinker. Shapiro is amused that both Alan Dershowitz and Pinker (leftists who joint-taught a class he took) are now considered far-right ideologues.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Is anybody else not seeing tweets that are posted? All I get is a security notice that says this page has a security policy that prevents them from being loaded.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote: He's the The Smearing Atheist. That's what he does, that's what he enjoys doing, that's why anyone still cares about him. Who knows what he'll do next, maybe he'll accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of being a white supremacist, or maybe he'll argue that Jerry Coyne is a Nazi.

Isn't that already Werleman's niche? Though Peez is probably stupid enough to not even get paid for it.

I don't doubt that this is likely the last avenue available to him to garner any attention, but surely he must be aware that this is "burning the last of your clothes to keep warm" levels of desperate stupidity. And desperate he must be if a paltry 80+ comments is considered a high water mark on his dying blog these days.

Really?

Post by Really? »

TheMudbrooker wrote: Is anybody else not seeing tweets that are posted? All I get is a security notice that says this page has a security policy that prevents them from being loaded.
I sometimes see stuff like that. Try reloading. I don't know if Twitter is shit or evil.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: He's the The Smearing Atheist. That's what he does, that's what he enjoys doing, that's why anyone still cares about him. Who knows what he'll do next, maybe he'll accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of being a white supremacist, or maybe he'll argue that Jerry Coyne is a Nazi.

Isn't that already Werleman's niche? Though Peez is probably stupid enough to not even get paid for it.

I don't doubt that this is likely the last avenue available to him to garner any attention, but surely he must be aware that this is "burning the last of your clothes to keep warm" levels of desperate stupidity. And desperate he must be if a paltry 80+ comments is considered a high water mark on his dying blog these days.
He IS desperate. It's not money he's after (unlike Werleman he has job security), it's attention, and he was getting close to zero before this last stunt. Also he gets to satisfy his envy for not having been accepted as serious thinker after his collection of blog posts failed to attract the same attention of The Blank Slate or The God Delusion. He can tell to himself that the real reason why he's not a renown author is because he's fighting the White Cis Male Hetero Patriarchy, while the Shitlord Atheists are worshiped as heroes by the Deplorables.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"I'm not a failure, I'm a revolutionary, verbally punching Nazis on my blog" (PZ Myers in 2018)

Billie from Ockham

jet_lagg wrote: There's a dedicated thread with some spitballing here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=527

If you DM John he'll email you the game files. We talked about doing some online playtesting with Vassal, but I'm booked solid for the next two weekends and won't be able to work on a module until after that.
Thanks! (But I have to add that when I read "DM" I first thought you meant run him in my D&D-like game ... as in: dungeon master.)

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: So, in other news, Steven Pinker of all people has been smeared as an alt-right fan:
Who's the guy who creatively edited Pinker's talk to make it look like he supported the alt-right? Why, no one other than Sacha "Seminal Work" Saeen, a known liar who repeatedly tried to smear Sam Harris by quoting him selectively/pretending not to understand what he's writing.
For those of you who don't known Sacha, he's best buddies with Dan Arel ('nuff said), who praised his "seminal work".
PZ at his most dishonest takes up the cause:
http://archive.is/pJEAI
So PZ uses an unfairly edited video to attack someone. The same PZ who complained loudly when Ray Comfort edited video of him unfairly. Sounds about right.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Paul says it's okay to share the clip because he's seen the full video the extra context doesn't change anything, honest, guv.

What a tool.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote: Is anybody else not seeing tweets that are posted? All I get is a security notice that says this page has a security policy that prevents them from being loaded.
I sometimes see stuff like that. Try reloading. I don't know if Twitter is shit or evil.
https://media.makeameme.org/created/why ... voao0y.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! This is my favorite new word since autoethnography.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
jet_lagg wrote: There's a dedicated thread with some spitballing here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=527

Thanks! (But I have to add that when I read "DM" I first thought you meant run him in my D&D-like game ... as in: dungeon master.)
That is what I meant. He said he was tired of us tapping his emotional labor at no cost and would only engage in barter from here on out.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Sunder wrote: I keep hoping Myers's latest fuckup will be the one that finally gets him raked over the coals, but it seems unlikely as those with access to rakes seem to look at him as a smelly dog turd they just want off their lawn, and raking it over coals seems like a great way to ruin a perfectly good rake and fill the air with the aroma of burning dog crap.

snip
Bhurzum has a pair of jeans you could use.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Peezus isn't really much different than the Unabomber. He's got no friends, no people skills, lives in the middle of nowhere writing manifestos nobody reads and dribbling into his beard.

If he had the technical skills to make a bomb he'd be dangerous but as it is we should just be grateful he can't get his hands on enough of the shit he puts poisons zebrafish with to poison a reservoir.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm
Peezus isn't really much different than the Unabomber. He's got no friends, no people skills, lives in the middle of nowhere writing manifestos nobody reads and dribbling into his beard.

If he had the technical skills to make a bomb he'd be dangerous but as it is we should just be grateful he can't get his hands on enough of the shit he puts poisons zebrafish with to poison a reservoir.
As much as I dislike pz, he has a wife, two kids, teaches regularly to classes of college students and associate with professorial colleagues on a regular basis. He is no where close to the Unabomber. He is just a common everyday asshole. So common in fact, that many people are simply choosing to ignore the used toiletry him once exposed to him.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Logicalcat
No one here is saying they are not facts
PZ Myers
His lie is that the Left denies his “facts”. They don’t.
:oops:

Marcus Ranum
“Different ethnic groups commit violent crimes at different rates.”
That’s a full-blown eugenicist’s argument, right there. It’s a form of post hoc reasoning that can only be engaged if you ignore the potential other causes of an effect….

Vivec
I would assume the shallow thinking comes in when one equates “X group is more frequently arrested per capita” with “X group actually commits more crimes per capita”.
One can make a solid argument for the former – but the latter is both unjustified and fails to take into account the role of societal prejudice in law enforcement.

My contention is that its not justifiable to assume that the entirety of the figures are actual crimes committed by people of color. It could, for example (and this what i believe to be the case) that it is a proportion of legitimate crimes and a proportion of false arrests.

Giliell
As much as you want to believe it, but “31% of murders committed by blacks” isn’t a plain and simple fact.... First of all, “murder” is not a very clear cut definition.

thirdmill
… taking your word for it that the 31% figure is accurate….

lotharloo
Facts by themselves are not very useful…. The reason Alt-right likes to present facts such as “black people commit more crimes”… is to propose a theory of racial … superiority.
http://archive.is/pJEAI

Billie from Ockham

I'm not sure who Vivec is, but the point against treating rates of conviction as an accurate proxy for rates of commitment is a not only valid, but supported by some evidence (albeit of questionable value in that it relied on self-report data).

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

jet_lagg wrote: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! This is my favorite new word since autoethnography.

I want to propose a new rule for the English language: if you need to add the word "micro" to your description of something, then you aren't using a word that correctly describes it.

Examples and suggested rewrites.
Wrong: PZ Myers has an IQ of 79; he's a micro-genius!
Suggested Revision: PZ Myers has an IQ of 79; he's a moron!

Wrong: In defiance of cultural standards of attractiveness, HJ Hornbeck was proud of his micro-penis.
Suggested revision: In defiance of cultural standards of attractiveness, HJ Hornbeck was proud of his non-functioning flesh thimble.

Wrong: Despite living a comfortable middle class life, Melody Hensley was tormented by micro-aggressions.
Suggested revision: Despite living a comfortable middle class life, Melody Hensley was tormented by borderline personality disorder.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So what did everyone think of Pinkers talk?

I've found the following clip = which I'm assuming contains the offending material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTiRnbNT5uE

When he gets to talking about (domestic) terrorist violence he makes a point of mentioning that the majority is initiated by right-wing extremist (ie white) groups in comparison to that caused by muslim terrorists in America. Thus obfuscating the per capita stats, and avoiding commenting on the rise in terrorist violence world wide - which is what most people are concerned with when the subject comes up. Once again - it's the more people are killed by toasters argument.

He uses 'feminism' as a synonym for 'woman's rights' too.

I'd be interested to hear what he things would be a legitimate reason to drift rightwards.

So that's my 2c.

The clip looks be be an excerpt from a panel discussion (which I've not yet watched):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vcn4cnpv6Y

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm

As much as I dislike pz, he has a wife, two kids, teaches regularly to classes of college students and associate with professorial colleagues on a regular basis. He is no where close to the Unabomber. He is just a common everyday asshole. So common in fact, that many people are simply choosing to ignore the used toiletry him once exposed to him.
Yes - and the Unabomber had a lot of valid things to say about modern society...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote: I'm not sure who Vivec is, but the point against treating rates of conviction as an accurate proxy for rates of commitment is a not only valid, but supported by some evidence (albeit of questionable value in that it relied on self-report data).
It's not just a proxy. The %age of blacks among reported perps is highly consistent with the %age of blacks among those arrested and convicted.

Again, the NCVS relies on reports by victims, and 90% of blacks are victimized by other blacks. This also includes crimes where the perp is known to the victim. It defies credulity to posit misreporting, much less the massive scale required to undermine the prima facie conclusions from the data.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

You either cheat or you don't cheat. There's no such thing as micro-cheating. Ogling someone isn't cheating, nor is thinking about them during sex with your partner, nor is getting oral sex off her sister in the toilets during your wedding reception. That's just being human.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Shatterface wrote: You either cheat or you don't cheat. There's no such thing as micro-cheating. Ogling someone isn't cheating, nor is thinking about them during sex with your partner, nor is getting oral sex off her sister in the toilets during your wedding reception. That's just being human.
You've sinned in your heart, though.

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote: I'm not sure who Vivec is, but the point against treating rates of conviction as an accurate proxy for rates of commitment is a not only valid, but supported by some evidence (albeit of questionable value in that it relied on self-report data).
It's not just a proxy. The %age of blacks among reported perps is highly consistent with the %age of blacks among those arrested and convicted.

Again, the NCVS relies on reports by victims, and 90% of blacks are victimized by other blacks. This also includes crimes where the perp is known to the victim. It defies credulity to posit misreporting, much less the massive scale required to undermine the prima facie conclusions from the data.
I think that you're missing the point. None of the following: being suspected of a crime, arrested for it, or convicted of it ... is the same as committing the crime. I don't know what Vivec may have gone on to say, but I'm not arguing that differences between the three available measures and actual commission will be sufficient to make all demographic differences evaporate. But I'm also not going accept that any of the three available measures is a dead-on accurate value for commission, especially when the conditional probabilities of moving on to the next step (i.e., from suspect to arrestee or from arrestee to convict) are the same for all demographic groups.

Billie from Ockham

The words "are" and "aren't" mean the same thing, yes? OK, then the last clause in my last post is fine. Cool.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Girls, girls, please. Dick-waving is MOST un-ladylike :shock:

https://imgur.com/uJMEi7y.png

https://imgur.com/FGs2ZJU.png

:lol: :lol:

BTW, the tranny with the Godzilla gun actually had her dingus snipped with a new cockholster installed. Unlike fatboy Zinnia, she doesn't make "girlcock" excuses.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

I think Jesse Virtue Singal is a dipshit and an asshole with almost nothing original to say, however....

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/o ... inker.html
By Jesse Singal

Jan. 11, 2018
This week, a video surfaced of a Harvard professor, Steven Pinker, which appeared to show him lauding members of a racist movement. The clip, which was pulled from a November event at Harvard put on by Spiked magazine, showed Mr. Pinker referring to “the often highly literate, highly intelligent people who gravitate to the alt-right” and calling them “internet savvy” and “media savvy.”

The clip went viral. The right celebrated; the left fumed. The neo-Nazi Daily Stormer website ran an article headlined, in part, “Harvard Jew Professor Admits the Alt-Right Is Right About Everything.” A tweet of the video published by the self-described “Right-Wing Rabble-Rouser” Alex Witoslawski got hundreds of retweets, including one from the white-nationalist leader Richard Spencer.

“Steven Pinker has long been a darling of the white supremacist ‘alt-right,’” noted the lefty journalist Ben Norton. “And he returns the favor.” Others reacted to the rumor with simple exasperation: “Christ on a crutch,” said the liberal commentator and biologist PZ Meyers, who also wrote a blog post denouncing Mr. Pinker for this supposed alliance.

The idea that Mr. Pinker, a liberal, Jewish psychology professor, is a fan of a racist, anti-Semitic online movement is absurd on its face, so it might be tempting to roll your eyes and dismiss this blowup as just another instance of social media doing what it does best: generating outrage.
Proof Jesse Virtue Singal is a dipshit and the Times ain't much better is the typo in spelling Myers in the freaking NYTimes!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I think that you're missing the point. None of the following: being suspected of a crime, arrested for it, or convicted of it ... is the same as committing the crime. I don't know what Vivec may have gone on to say, but I'm not arguing that differences between the three available measures and actual commission will be sufficient to make all demographic differences evaporate. But I'm also not going accept that any of the three available measures is a dead-on accurate value for commission, especially when the conditional probabilities of moving on to the next step (i.e., from suspect to arrestee or from arrestee to convict) are the same for all demographic groups.
The consilience is irrefutable. Conviction rates closely align with reported rates. The only way for those to not correlate to commission rates, is for vast numbers of victims -- most of whom are themselves black -- to willfully lie about the race of their assailant.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

The consilience is irrefutable. Conviction rates closely align with reported rates. The only way for those to not correlate to commission rates, is for vast numbers of victims -- most of whom are themselves black -- to willfully lie about the race of their assailant.
If you read all the comments, you forgot to add that the statistics are skewed by the 10s of thousands of innocent black people being murdered by white cops being falsely labeled self defense or justifiable homicide.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Milo is suing Twitter.

free thoughtpolice

If he is on board with Roge Stoner how can he go wrong?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 pm
If he is on board with Roge Stoner how can he go wrong?
Because websites like twitter, which has competitors and can be replaced by the next upstart should not be regulated by government. They should be out competed and replaced.

MySpace used to be the big dog in the house. So did Digg. So was Yahoo. I don't want the government regulating these types of services.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

That's a reply to this tweet:

How the #MeToo movement could kill sexy Hollywood movies http://thr.cm/deB33m

And basically the comments to both tweets are about how sexy consent is and how the sexiest movies will be the most ones that show consent at every step.

A new golden age of Hollywood awaits.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

How I hate this meme about 'consent is sexy'. It's asinine. Because no consent is rape. Which is not sexy. (Unless it's a fantasy -- say, about getting forcibly assfucked while your head is shoved in a toilet). So there's nothing to compare. You complete maladjusted morons.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote: You either cheat or you don't cheat. There's no such thing as micro-cheating. Ogling someone isn't cheating, nor is thinking about them during sex with your partner, nor is getting oral sex off her sister in the toilets during your wedding reception. That's just being human.
Matthew 5:27-28
You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

If you prefer Playboy to the Bible, Jimmy Carter said he had committed lust in his heart in 197. He was ridiculed at the time, but now he is seen as a visionary.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/preside ... ears-later

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

One of the things that irk me about the modern NeoPuritan crusade is lumping together sexual harassment with cheating. It portrays women as lacking agency, as being children. If you're a woman and you decide to have a relationship with a married man you're not a "victim". Monica Lewinsky, for example, wasn't a "victim", she was simply an adult woman who decided to play with presidential cigars.

But I'm growing convinced that in the SocJus world there's a "cheating up" and a "cheating down". :bjarte:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Right?

OK ... so I was minding my own business on Twatter, RTing stuff that is bound to offend someone somewhere and came across this thread (I suggest you skip both thread tweets and read the article I link below first) OK as I started to say the threads are :

(Note that the account appears to have been created to address this one specific issue)

So I had a look see and found this: I Started the Media Men List My name is Moira Donegan.
In October, I created a Google spreadsheet called “Shitty Media Men” that collected a range of rumors and allegations of sexual misconduct, much of it violent, by men in magazines and publishing. The anonymous, crowdsourced document was a first attempt at solving what has seemed like an intractable problem: how women can protect ourselves from sexual harassment and assault.

Fundamentally, a whisper network consists of private conversations, and the document that I created was meant to be private as well. It was active for only a few hours, during which it spread much further and much faster than I ever anticipated, and in the end, the once-private document was made public — first when its existence was revealed in a BuzzFeed article by Doree Shafrir, then when the document itself was posted on Reddit.

They objected to the anonymity, or to the digital format, or to writing these allegations down at all. Eventually, some media companies conducted investigations into employees who appeared on the spreadsheet; some of those men left their jobs or were fired.

None of this was what I thought was going to happen. In the beginning, I only wanted to create a place for women to share their stories of harassment and assault without being needlessly discredited or judged. The hope was to create an alternate avenue to report this kind of behavior and warn others without fear of retaliation. Too often, for someone looking to report an incident or to make habitual behavior stop, all the available options are bad ones. The police are notoriously inept at handling sexual-assault cases. Human-resources departments, in offices that have them, are tasked not with protecting employees but with shielding the company from liability — meaning that in the frequent occasion that the offender is a member of management and the victim is not, HR’s priorities lie with the accused. When a reporting channel has enforcement power, like an HR department or the police, it also has an obligation to presume innocence. In contrast, the value of the spreadsheet was that it had no enforcement mechanisms: Without legal authority or professional power, it offered an impartial, rather than adversarial, tool to those who used it. It was intended specifically not to inflict consequences, not to be a weapon — and yet, once it became public, many people immediately saw it as exactly that.

The spreadsheet was intended to circumvent all of this. Anonymous, it would protect its users from retaliation: No one could be fired, harassed, or publicly smeared for telling her story when that story was not attached to her name. Open-sourced, it would theoretically be accessible to women who didn’t have the professional or social cachet required for admittance into whisper networks. The spreadsheet did not ask how women responded to men’s inappropriate behavior; it did not ask what you were wearing or whether you’d had anything to drink. Instead, the spreadsheet made a presumption that is still seen as radical: That it is men, not women, who are responsible for men’s sexual misconduct.

In the weeks after the spreadsheet was exposed, my life changed dramatically. I lost friends: some who thought I had been overzealous, others who thought I had not been zealous enough. I lost my job, too. The fear of being exposed, and of the harassment that will inevitably follow, has dominated my life since. I’ve learned that protecting women is a position that comes with few protections itself.

This escalated when I learned Katie Roiphe would be publishing my name in a forthcoming piece in Harper’s magazine.

So basically,

1. Create a secret list of crowd sourced anonymous accusations that you expect will remain secret.
2. Watch as men get fired because the list goes viral.
3. Out yourself because you know you are going to get outed.
4. Get fired yourself.
5. Profit?

Wat?

Ok, read the article shitlords, then go read the Twatter threads. I would say more but right now I dunno where to start.

SMH.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Shelter.png
(106.63 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

From Polly Neate's Guardian profile:
Polly Neate is chief executive of housing charity Shelter. She was formerly chief executive of Women's Aid, the national charity working to end violence against women and children. Neate previously worked at Action for Children and before that was editor of Community Care magazine
Well done to the geniuses who appointed a women who doesn't care about men as the head of a charity for the homeless when 80% of homeless people in the UK are men.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

So basically,

1. Create a secret list of crowd sourced anonymous accusations that you expect will remain secret.
2. Watch as men get fired because the list goes viral.
3. Out yourself because you know you are going to get outed.
4. Get fired yourself.
5. Profit?

Wat?

Ok, read the article shitlords, then go read the Twatter threads. I would say more but right now I dunno where to start.

SMH.
It's been claimed she was fired.
It's been claimed men acting badly were fired.
It's been claimed men who weren't acting badly were investigated... and some of them fired.

It's been claimed she had to do this because women needed to know and employers and the industry and police were doing nothing.
It's been claimed that in many ways this was a very effective list.
And it's been claimed the list was abused and was a very bad list.

This is newsworthy. On what planet does the originator of such a list, of such a newsworthy event get to be anonymous?

And protected from what? Mean tweets?

And yet, I saw many reporters on the twitters stating Roiphe is a baddy, her article should be pulled, the magazine made to pay the price.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Well done to the geniuses who appointed a women who doesn't care about men as the head of a charity for the homeless when 80% of homeless people in the UK are men.
Look at it this way, she's probably got a proactive plan to lower the numbers. Let half of them freeze to death by springtime.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

A lot of people are very angry that Donald Trump thinks America needs more immigrants from countries like Norway, and fewer immigrants from countries like Somalia and Sudan.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

SM1957 wrote: A lot of people are very angry that Donald Trump thinks America needs more immigrants from countries like Norway, and fewer immigrants from countries shitholes like Somalia and Sudan.
FTFY :P

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Yeah America's really got a problem with all those Sudanese running around, hanging out by the Home Depot, etc.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Sunder wrote: Yeah America's really got a problem with all those Sudanese running around, hanging out by the Home Depot, etc.
Are you confusing America with Australia? http://communitywatch.com.au/2018/01/01 ... -yoa-says/

feathers

Post by feathers »

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:19 pm
No this is a dungeon master.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 pm

https://imgur.com/FGs2ZJU.png

:lol: :lol:

BTW, the tranny with the Godzilla gun actually had her dingus snipped with a new cockholster installed. Unlike fatboy Zinnia, she doesn't make "girlcock" excuses.
I take it that this is the required "foreplay" to persuade a current dick-holder to holster it in her neo-cooze? I have to say, it would take the distinctive click of a Panzerfaust being readied to make me consider it.

Billie from Ockham

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The consilience is irrefutable. Conviction rates closely align with reported rates. The only way for those to not correlate to commission rates, is for vast numbers of victims -- most of whom are themselves black -- to willfully lie about the race of their assailant.
You do know that an estimate of something can correlate with the target value very well while still being very inaccurate, yes? If not, here are two things to digest: (1) the correlation between a set of values and their square-roots is about .99, so a measure that specifically under-estimates high values will still show an outrageously high correlation; and (2) the correlation between a set of values and their squares is about .97, so a measure that specifically over-estimates high values will again show an outrageously high correlation.