Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
SkepticalCat

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by SkepticalCat »

Thanks to certain individuals I'm scared to click on these spoiler things because I think goatse is going to be there.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Scented Nectar wrote: I'd worry about what that yoga place is teaching her. Some eastern style new agey types believe that onion and garlic will bring about too many animalistic urges (read: sexual desires). They may be teaching her that she should lessen the sex and other pleasant physical things in her life and to focus on the mind and yoga-style spirituality instead.

Then again, jainism styled believers may tell her that eating root vegetables kills the plant, so one must only eat plant foods that leave the plant alive (like fruits and seeds). That would rule out onions and garlic. But also potatoes, carrots, etc. If she's only getting rid of onion and garlic, it's more likely the anti-sexual/hedonism crap.

Yoga's not just an exercise set. It usually comes with wild health claims, 'state of mind' nonsense, and even outright magical thinking spirituality stuff.

Holy crap! Her type is kookier than I realized. It's on this wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini_Yoga

It doesn't mention garlic and onions, but maybe her swami incorporates that from somewhere else, or maybe it's part of hinduism, which yoga is based on.
Yes...funnily enough I've been to a few classes just so I can get a closer view on what it's all about. The wu doesn't effect me and I do need to do some exercise. I have been concerned about this spiritual path she's taking but I have to look at it from a point of view of letting her play with it. She was an atheist when we met...the kind of atheist lucky enough to have zero God/wu influences in her life. I went through a similar "spiritual" journey in my 20's after ditching the Catholics and going through an agnostic stage. She's just turned 40 but this Kundalini stuff is a little worry some but I'll refrain from making any judgement if there are benefits like- milder depressive states and a reduction in hair trigger anger responses. Basically if the outcome is more happiness and calmness I'll give it a thumbs up and periodically keep the wuuji stuff in check...She grapples with it too.

The garlic & onion thing does come from Kundalini as it's thought that eating them in not conducive to deeper meditation joys....something about them being too "hot". I know this is a phase/fad...she's went through many others like.... no wheat phase, no lactose phase etc. I just enjoy cooking and eating...

And what I haven't mentioned is she's currently an Acupuncture practitioner (Bsc(TCM) and she also has a couple of other degrees (arts & economics and now she wants do do her Honours this year and shoot for a Phd. Go figure eh...I have an interesting life.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Rawrsome wrote:Fuck off the fucking thank you fucking thing its cunting the fuck out of shit.

Dick Strawkins wrote:Regarding Simon Davies (Simon Singh, as if!), I noticed on Melodys rather hilariously sad blog (a typical post being http://melodyhensley.tumblr.com/post/38 ... stfeminism ) that Simon is working on producing an online history of women in secularism.
http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry ... _01:13:13!

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry ... nel=768934!

Holy shit, she convinced attention whoring bloggers to turn up somewhere based nothing but the promise of attention and money.
Seems like a good idea. I would love it if it could be done in a detached factual way, without calling anyone a cunt or a baboon. When I found Simon's timeline (before it was posted on here) I didn't see it as being presented from a particular perspective, and for that reason I read the whole thing. If it was couched in terms of calling people rape apologists etc. I wouldn't have bothered.

Although Simon Davies history of women in secularism timeline is rather pathetic, I wonder if the way it is set up using TIKTOK might, in fact be ideal for the slymepit to show the ongoing activities of the baboons.

Something like this would be a great complement to Phawrongula and would allow each successive lie or manufactured drama to be entered in real time.

There is a free account setting (I guess that's what Davies used).
http://i.imgur.com/Qnl90.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Eucliwood wrote:[quote="Scented Nectar"
This forum is welcome to MRAs and feminists alike. If you compare the worst thing you can find from among some fringe commentors at AVfM, with the serious intent of gendercide, sex slavery (of men for breeding purposes), and forced sexual mutilation plans of radical feminist separatists***, you'll see that the feminist extreme is far worse and more serious in their intent than anything you can find on AVfM.

***Hi Krista, sweetie! (she's the stealer of my coined word 'femtheist', who added an 'i', and calls herself 'femitheist' and who reads the Pit). Yeah, yeah, I know your sock account threatened to kill me if I mention you again on the SlimePit, but I know you really secretly want me to. So, merry xmas! This post is for you, you wacky castrator, you!

I love how they don't mention that there are feminists here.[/quote]
I've seen a few people describe themselves here as Equity Feminists or at least be in agreement with it. I'm in agreement with it but label myself egalitarian so as to not only focus on women's issues, but everyones, including men's issues. Look up Equity Feminism on wiki. It's the more sensible type, and it's the opposite of radical feminism (aka gender feminism).

codelette

Post by codelette »

@welch
That kinda explain those twits from Melody about Mayhew. Sara Mayhew is pretty, slim, talented and have a handsome/bright boyfriend...

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHAT THE FUCK?????
http://c0014314.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_c846f55
THIS DOESNT EVEN LOOK REAL. TELL ME THIS ISNT REAL.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Metalogic42 wrote:This is sometimes true, but I don't think the time problem is that big of a deal. Once you get the hang of it, cooking a simple meal takes no more than 15-20 minutes most of the time, and some foods are just really easy. Baked potato? Throw it in the oven and set the timer, then forget about it until it's done. Banana? Peel it. Veggies? Throw them in some boiling water for a few minutes. It's also pretty easy to cook lots of food at once when you have the time, spending only a few more minutes than you would cooking a single meal, then throw leftovers in the fridge.
Can't speak for other countries or for some regions of the US, but in most large cities in Texas, the "food desert" problem is mostly a thing of the past - this is especially true in cities such as Houston, which have diverse immigrant populations. You'll have access (drive, walk, or bus) to the standard big box grocery stores that have good prices as well as a wide selection of produce etc., access to various ethnic food markets (indoors or open air), and there are farmers markets even in downtown/inner city neighborhoods.

I don't think the preparation time is the main problem either - I really think it's ignorance about nutrition and food preparation. This alternately mystifies and aggravates most of my non-Merkin friends ... "how can they not know how to cook beans?" But nutrition and basic cooking skills are no longer taught in the public schools, and thus the nutrition ignorance, dependence on fast/processed foods, and obesity are passed from generation to generation in some communities. How are kids supposed to know about this stuff, if their parents don't know, and they're not taught in school? It's such a simple and inexpensive fix, to educate children about cooking and nutrition. Laugh at Jamie Oliver all you want, but he has exactly the right idea.

I suspect that the PC/radfem agenda made have had something to do with the disappearance of "home economics" classes ... I took them when I was in middle school, and we learned useful stuff like cooking, managing a food budget, basic sewing and clothing repair, etc. But now? ZOMG GENDER STEREOTYPING AND MISOGYNY!!11!!!!

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Rawrsome wrote:Fuck off the fucking thank you fucking thing its cunting the fuck out of shit.

Dick Strawkins wrote:Regarding Simon Davies (Simon Singh, as if!), I noticed on Melodys rather hilariously sad blog (a typical post being http://melodyhensley.tumblr.com/post/38 ... stfeminism ) that Simon is working on producing an online history of women in secularism.
http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry ... _01:13:13!

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry ... nel=768934!

Holy shit, she convinced attention whoring bloggers to turn up somewhere based nothing but the promise of attention and money.
Although Simon Davies history of women in secularism timeline is rather pathetic, I wonder if the way it is set up using TIKTOK might, in fact be ideal for the slymepit to show the ongoing activities of the baboons.

Something like this would be a great complement to Phawrongula and would allow each successive lie or manufactured drama to be entered in real time.

There is a free account setting (I guess that's what Davies used).
http://i.imgur.com/Qnl90.jpg
Seems like a good idea. I would love it if it could be done in a detached factual way, without calling anyone a cunt or a baboon. When I found Simon's timeline (before it was posted on here) I didn't see it as being presented from a particular perspective, and for that reason I read the whole thing. If it was couched in terms of calling people rape apologists etc. I wouldn't have bothered.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

LOL!

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/7dged.png[/spoiler]

Spence

Post by Spence »

SkepticalCat wrote:Thanks to certain individuals I'm scared to click on these spoiler things because I think goatse is going to be there.
Yah think?

[spoiler]Knew you'd look though[/spoiler]

Also, I'm sure Marilove would have walked out of a Japanese WW2 PoW camp as fat as fuck. Because y'know, cutting down on food doesn't result in weight loss.

welch

Post by welch »

SkepticalCat wrote:Thanks to certain individuals I'm scared to click on these spoiler things because I think goatse is going to be there.

nah. These days, it's just[spoiler]my dick[/spoiler]

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:AAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHAT THE FUCK?????
[spoiler]http://c0014314.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_c846f55[/spoiler]
I'd rather see goatse

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

ERV wrote:AAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHAT THE FUCK?????
http://c0014314.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_c846f55
And people complain about Goatse.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

PZ Myers removed from the lineup of speakers at Rock Beyond Belief 2?

http://rockbeyondbelief.com/lineup/

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

welch wrote:
But you are correct. I wouldn’t consider Mr. Welch as a contributor to my conference. We are a humanist organization. For some odd reason, I really don’t see that someone calling people “New Media Douchebags” is very humanistic.
You had little to worry about. Although I'd point out that deciding someone is good or bad based on the use of "douchebag" is not only not humanistic, but hardly intellectually honest either.
But calling people "rape-enablers" and actively pissing off religious people is totally "humanistic." Sounds like she went to the Marco* school of management

*The rest of you ignore that, in-joke between me and John.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

TheMan wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: I'd worry about what that yoga place is teaching her. Some eastern style new agey types believe that onion and garlic will bring about too many animalistic urges (read: sexual desires). They may be teaching her that she should lessen the sex and other pleasant physical things in her life and to focus on the mind and yoga-style spirituality instead.

Then again, jainism styled believers may tell her that eating root vegetables kills the plant, so one must only eat plant foods that leave the plant alive (like fruits and seeds). That would rule out onions and garlic. But also potatoes, carrots, etc. If she's only getting rid of onion and garlic, it's more likely the anti-sexual/hedonism crap.

Yoga's not just an exercise set. It usually comes with wild health claims, 'state of mind' nonsense, and even outright magical thinking spirituality stuff.

Holy crap! Her type is kookier than I realized. It's on this wiki page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini_Yoga

It doesn't mention garlic and onions, but maybe her swami incorporates that from somewhere else, or maybe it's part of hinduism, which yoga is based on.
Yes...funnily enough I've been to a few classes just so I can get a closer view on what it's all about. The wu doesn't effect me and I do need to do some exercise. I have been concerned about this spiritual path she's taking but I have to look at it from a point of view of letting her play with it. She was an atheist when we met...the kind of atheist lucky enough to have zero God/wu influences in her life. I went through a similar "spiritual" journey in my 20's after ditching the Catholics and going through an agnostic stage. She's just turned 40 but this Kundalini stuff is a little worry some but I'll refrain from making any judgement if there are benefits like- milder depressive states and a reduction in hair trigger anger responses. Basically if the outcome is more happiness and calmness I'll give it a thumbs up and periodically keep the wuuji stuff in check...She grapples with it too.

The garlic & onion thing does come from Kundalini as it's thought that eating them in not conducive to deeper meditation joys....something about them being too "hot". I know this is a phase/fad...she's went through many others like.... no wheat phase, no lactose phase etc. I just enjoy cooking and eating...

And what I haven't mentioned is she's currently an Acupuncture practitioner (Bsc(TCM) and she also has a couple of other degrees (arts & economics and now she wants do do her Honours this year and shoot for a Phd. Go figure eh...I have an interesting life.
You have much more patience with new age stuff than I do. :)

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

another lurker wrote:
comslave wrote:
codelette wrote:I never understood how was it that the Patriarchy shames women into becoming Skeletors. My perception is that heterosexual men tend to prefer women with meat on top of their bones. To be crass: tits and ass is what they want.
The women in Playboy have always been a little heavier than the women on the cover of Cosmo. However, men get blamed for how the women on the cover of Cosmo look...a magazine men fucking never buy.

Men like boobs+you need to have body fat to produce boobs=men aren't making skeletors. It's the fucking fashion industry+women who buy these shitmags.
It's not patriarchy. Its 'how can corporations make money by making women feel insecure about their bodies'.

And now corporations are working that magic on *men*. Making people feel insecure about their looks and then offering the 'remedy'.

I visit this one site, skinnyvscurvy.com (yeah, Im into fashion, I bet the FTBers think that makes me an MRA) and the women are *worse* than many men when it comes to judging female bodies. They all fucking HATE HATE HATE Kate Upton, b/c she is a 'worthless twit with big boobs', yet they love the women who have body types just like them. Men are not all that picky. It's the women who treat one another like shit, b/c of all their stupid insecurities.
The biggest problem is that women don't realize that men(just like women) have different tastes. Some men like big breasts, some like small breasts(I do!). Some like blondes, some like brunettes, or red heads, some like big booties, some don’t, etc.

The point is that no matter what you look like, there is probably someone out there that thinks your perfect (or you’re their type). Women need to enjoy what they have, and not wish their curly hair was straight, or their small boobs were big boobs!

I really wish women would understand that!

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Scented Nectar wrote:
another lurker wrote:I need to take up yoga, I hear its good for sciatica. Which is a result of my having scoliosis. (fuck carrying heavy books on my right hip all those years, grr)
Consider a doctor instead. And by doctor, I don't mean fake ones like chiropractors or yoga swamis. And if a real doctor recommends exercise, find something that is not yoga. Don't just gullibly believe wild health claims.
I think both are fine...do see a doctor...like a proper one and not a one of those GP's that are more interested in getting you out the door ASAP. Activities like Yoga do have benefits. Part of the reason exercise seems hard is because when you're not flexible, activated & stretchy it's easier to sit on the couch. Just start slow and Yoga and/or Tai-Chi is a good way to start..plus there's the social benefits too.

I tried Hatha Yoga 7 years ago...the instructor had a particularly sexy arse which was a good motivator. I got to the point where I could do a handstand up against a wall...something I could never do ever. The teacher was great...more moving & sweating and less Swamibooktananda stuff. I was upfront when I joined and told her I wasn't into the Wuuji stuff. I lost 8kg over 3 months and felt soooo much better overall and have managed to keep most of that off (only recently going again). I only stopped when the teacher started her own school past the travel threshold.

Any exercise is good...just got to start slowly and enjoy it.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Oh yeah and some men like men

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Scented Nectar wrote: You have much more patience with new age stuff than I do. :)
I tend to find I have more patience with new age stuff when the practitioner is female and witchy-hot.

Spence

Post by Spence »

masakari2012 wrote:LOL!

That's got to be a Poe, hasn't it? Nobody could possibly be that retarded and remember to breathe.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

LMU wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
another lurker wrote:Jesus fucking christ

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/2/3828182 ... lent-video
*sigh*...people. Everytime shit like this is done, it reminds me of this video. [If you don't like rap, the first 36 seconds is free of it, and gets the whole point across.]

[spoiler][youtube]HzeZhCt5PVA[/youtube][/spoiler]
"Compton was a nature preserve for bunny rabbits!"

Dafuq?! :o

Yyyyyyeah... That totally wasn't

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
(snipped to make Franc happy!)
I'm still very convinced that having my tachycardia "fixed" and the insertion of a pacemaker
Renee your a cyborg :o

COOL!!! :D

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Spence wrote:

That's got to be a Poe, hasn't it? Nobody could possibly be that retarded and remember to breathe.
I'm afraid not. She's one of those youtube feminists who talk about womyn's issues.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Maximus wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
I'm still very convinced that having my tachycardia "fixed" and the insertion of a pacemaker

:D Yep! My guy has asked if, when I have the newest model put in ('bout 6-7 years), he could have a remote so he could fast-forward, back-me-up, mute me, etc.

papillon

Post by papillon »

[image snipped]
"....freedom comes with responsibility...You have to look at whether it is done with consent and the implications of offending people[...]
[.....]one of these days he will get sued, in jail/prison maybe where dudes will have the free will to rape/fuck his ass up, or beat the fuck up
or killed for being socially awkward/socially dumb"

Socially awkward? - rape his ass up and kill him. It's only fair.
He knew his awkwardness would have consequences.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Great news from my home town:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-20908439
The Pakistani schoolgirl activist shot in the head by the Taliban has been discharged from a Birmingham hospital as an inpatient.

Malala Yousafzai, 15, was being treated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEHB) after being transferred following the attack in October.

She will continue rehabilitation at her family's temporary West Midlands home.

The Taliban said it shot Malala, a campaigner for girls' education, for "promoting secularism".
I had to have surgery at QEHB after being mugged once. I'm strangely proud of being treated by the same place as has been looking after this incredibly brave little girl.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Scented Nectar wrote: You have much more patience with new age stuff than I do. :)
Yeah I do...I do find it funny and provider of many opportunities to shit stir.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Maximus wrote:The biggest problem is that women don't realize that men(just like women) have different tastes. Some men like big breasts, some like small breasts(I do!). Some like blondes, some like brunettes, or red heads, some like big booties, some don’t, etc.

The point is that no matter what you look like, there is probably someone out there that thinks your perfect (or you’re their type). Women need to enjoy what they have, and not wish their curly hair was straight, or their small boobs were big boobs!

Gack. This comes across as "mansplaining", for me.

I've got plenty of self-confidence, always have had - and am pretty low-maintenance, for convenience sake. If I'm wishing my hair would behave differently, it's not because I'm worried whether or not some man will think I'm "perfect" (or "their type"). But then I haven't been on the dating scene for >20 yrs. Possibly others' mileage may vary wrt your advice.

Truth be told, some of it (for me) is how other women may see me, but I see that as more of a practical matter, given how much most women tend to value social cues.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

welch wrote: People, by and large, are unwilling to admit their own parts in their health, or lack thereof.

I've a friend who runs a boot camp style program, now in Cali, used to be in Mass. We were talking once about being in shape, and I said "Well, I KNOW why I'm out of shape", and she got this smile like "Oh here we go" and asked "Okay, why?"

"Because I'm fucking lazy. I eat more than I should, I tend to eat crap, and I don't exercise enough. When I pay attention to such things and manage them appropriately, I'm not out of shape."

She just starts laughing and says "That may be the first time I've ever gotten an honest admission of guilt for that."

I said "Well, there ARE cases where there's something wrong with things like the thyroid and such, but for the most part, it's being "unable" to get through the day without a big fucking slice of cake. Losing weight isn't complicated, it just takes more work than people want to do."

So yeah. I go with lying. Usually to themselves.
You can't lie to yourself about hardly eating or eating significantly less. It would have to be a bold faced lie. It's also a bit ignorant to assume that everyone that says "I've cut down my calories, and it isn't working so far," or "I'm exercising, and it's not working," or "I'm starving myself, and it's not working," is lying... yes, they are probably doing something wrong for their own bodies... it's also ignoring the existence of thyroid disorders and outright diseases like Hiroshima's (or whatever the fuck it's called). It also does nothing to help the people to say "You MUST be lying. It's all simple and everything works for everyone." Examining what they do and telling them "aaah, that's where it is," helps. There's also chronic fatigue and things like that where people can hardly muster the energy to do any serious work out - some people need to get to the doctor's and do some, idk, B-shots or something... I know B vitamins help me... haven't taken them recently, hehe. Not that I'm fat and need to do much exercise. My energy problem is getting better anyway. (I swear the more you sleep the more tired you are sometimes. What the hell.)
And then there are the people with eating disorders that are living proof that SERIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING *wrong* can result in not losing much weight. (Usually those that are already pretty fat. They don't get even close to the anorexic looking body, so no one really knows they've got an eating disorder.)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

papillon wrote:

[image snipped]
"....freedom comes with responsibility...You have to look at whether it is done with consent and the implications of offending people[...]
[.....]one of these days he will get sued, in jail/prison maybe where dudes will have the free will to rape/fuck his ass up, or beat the fuck up

And yet, what's the betting that Thunderf00t will not use this as an example of getting rape threats and harassmentz from feminists?

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Maximus wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

:D Yep! My guy has asked if, when I have the newest model put in ('bout 6-7 years), he could have a remote so he could fast-forward, back-me-up, mute me, etc.
cyborg seems too cold for you...whereas 6 of 9 sounds like there is a history....

Maybe you will allow me to call you 6 of 9 from now on.... I have a specially prepared 6 of 9 outfit you can squeeze into.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

rocko2466 wrote:[spoiler]I'm concerned about the accusations of people engaging in criminal activity by EBW. This is a bit further than (what I've seen) against others as it's just been 'harassment, bullying and jerky-faceness'. If I was less of a jerky-face, I may have backed out of any participation in the community waiting for a knock on the door from the state police and the cyber police. And we need to welcome more people in, not only allowing them in if they are either (a) a jerky-face or (b) wholly in agreement with FtB, A+ and Skepchick on everything.

I also blogged the comments by EllenBeth that I engaged in criminal activity by receiving tweets if anyone wants to read them - as I suspect they'll be deleted. (Sorry for being a blog whore - (http://unsolicitedcomment.wordpress.com ... uaintance/))[/spoiler])

And fuck all y'all: [spoiler]learn how to nest your fucking spoilers, you fucking fucks[/spoiler].
EllenBeth Wachs is a known nutbag. If she accuses you of criminal activity, and I think she is just nasty, unbalanced and neurotic enough to do that, I would contact this guy and ask his advice:

http://www.polksheriff.org/SiteCollecti ... -w-bkg.jpg

Polk Conty Sheriff Grady Judd
http://www.polksheriff.org/
(863) 298-6200 or toll-free 1-800-226-0344

That is all.

welch

Post by welch »

Angry_Drunk wrote:
welch wrote:
But you are correct. I wouldn’t consider Mr. Welch as a contributor to my conference. We are a humanist organization. For some odd reason, I really don’t see that someone calling people “New Media Douchebags” is very humanistic.
You had little to worry about. Although I'd point out that deciding someone is good or bad based on the use of "douchebag" is not only not humanistic, but hardly intellectually honest either.
But calling people "rape-enablers" and actively pissing off religious people is totally "humanistic." Sounds like she went to the Marco* school of management

*The rest of you ignore that, in-joke between me and John.

BAAAHAHA...you fucker, coffee in the sinuses hurts.

I love that they still rely on six year old logic: IT'S ONLY BAD WHEN THEY DO IT.

decius

Post by decius »

Nice to see Atkin's low-carb pseudo-science rearing its ugly head also here.

Get a fucking skeptical and scientific clue and stop listening to unqualified charlatans like Taubes.

http://www.quackwatch.org/06ResearchProjects/lcd.html

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... or-dinner/

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... -get-thin/

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Eucliwood wrote:You can't lie to yourself about hardly eating or eating significantly less. It would have to be a bold faced lie.
Understand human nature, much?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Skep tickle wrote:
Maximus wrote:The biggest problem is that women don't realize that men(just like women) have different tastes. Some men like big breasts, some like small breasts(I do!). Some like blondes, some like brunettes, or red heads, some like big booties, some don’t, etc.

I've got plenty of self-confidence, always have had - and am pretty low-maintenance, for convenience sake. If I'm wishing my hair would behave differently, it's not because I'm worried whether or not some man will think I'm "perfect" (or "their type"). But then I haven't been on the dating scene for >20 yrs. Possibly others' mileage may vary wrt your advice.

Truth be told, some of it (for me) is how other women may see me, but I see that as more of a practical matter, given how much most women tend to value social cues.

Kinda funny, but on that skinnyvscurvy.com site, they seem to be obsessed with what a 'man' would like. And they sorta contradict themselves in the process:

Example 1) men love a feminine body with a small waist and curvy hips. men hate those 12 year old boy bodies

Example 2) kate upton is a worthless model with a worthless body, men only like her b/c she has big tits. men have no taste they are all stupid and just go for the slut

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kate+upt ... igKO54GwAQ

These bitches need to make up their mind!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

TheMan wrote:
Yeah I do...I do find it funny and provider of many opportunities to shit stir.
New Age stuff like yoga? That's not really new to me. There are things labeled "new age" that are truly new & can be labeled as such. Yoga in general has benefits for your body... however some claims about yoga are false. Yoga as a cure-all claims, for example. There's qi-g too.. although I hear that is somehow harming people and giving them mental problems when people do it wrong,... I want to check that out o.o

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

welch wrote: BAAAHAHA...you fucker, coffee in the sinuses hurts.

I love that they still rely on six year old logic: IT'S ONLY BAD WHEN THEY DO IT.
Well, everybody knows that there's nothing more blubbery than a bully when their victim finally gives them a smack 'cross the chops.

cunt

Post by cunt »

You can't lie to yourself about hardly eating or eating significantly less. It would have to be a bold faced lie.
Yes they can. There's people who count all the calories in their meals and still chug down a 2 litre bottle of coke per day. Then they get on the internet and think that this proves diet/excersize doesn't work for them.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

ERV wrote:Suddenly, Hensleys super bitch comments towards Mayhew make perfect sense:
[spoiler]http://www.melodyandsimon.com/0414303-R01-005-1.jpg
http://c0014314.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_c84904e[/spoiler]
Unholy shitte. What the hell happened? It's the glasses, isn't it?!
JackRayner wrote:
LMU wrote: "Compton was a nature preserve for bunny rabbits!"

Dafuq?! :o

Yyyyyyeah... That totally wasn't
"...what I was expecting."

Pulled the trigger early on that one. I think I was daydreaming. :?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

TheMan wrote:[spoiler]
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Maximus wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:

[/spoiler]

cyborg seems too cold for you...whereas 6 of 9 sounds like there is a history....

Maybe you will allow me to call you 6 of 9 from now on.... I have a specially prepared 6 of 9 outfit you can squeeze into.
Shit! That outfit would kill me.

http://www.posterplanet.net/startrek/im ... silver.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

justinvacula wrote:PZ Myers removed from the lineup of speakers at Rock Beyond Belief 2?

note the blogroll.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Tigzy wrote:
papillon wrote:

[image snipped]

And yet, what's the betting that Thunderf00t will not use this as an example of getting rape threats and harassmentz from feminists?
Exactly what I was thinking of saying (and that this is still not a "threat").
Here's another post from that pleasant woman. Perhaps she could team up with Greg Laden and take care of that Justin Griffith problem :lol:

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/JgdWE.png[/spoiler]

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

welch wrote:
justinvacula wrote:PZ Myers removed from the lineup of speakers at Rock Beyond Belief 2?

note the blogroll.

David Silverman was a guest on the podcast 'Cognitive Dissonance.'

If I remember correctly, he took pains to explain that he is more successful as an atheist activist by being friendly, not swearing at his opponents, and generally, not acting like a rude pretenteious twat to people.

That tactic seems to be working.

PZ's tactics, not so much!

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Skep tickle wrote:

Yes, perhaps I phrased It poorly. Didn’t want it to seem like mansplaining. Just that a lot of women I’ve known said that they hated this or that about themselves. The ones with straight hair wanted curly hair/the ones with curly hair wanted straight hair, etc. I’ve never met a man that said similar things. (although I’m sure there are some). Just advocating your type of personality :) (just my experiences/annecdotes).

codelette

Post by codelette »

decius wrote:Nice to see Atkin's low-carb pseudo-science rearing its ugly head also here.

Get a fucking skeptical and scientific clue and stop listening to unqualified charlatans like Taubes.

http://www.quackwatch.org/06ResearchProjects/lcd.html

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... or-dinner/

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... -get-thin/
Pftt. Atkins? My low-carb god is Brillat Savarin, bitch.

welch

Post by welch »

She must be an atheist to write this:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... giality-2/

you can't be that hypocritical and fear a hell.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Scented Nectar wrote: Yoga's not just an exercise set. It usually comes with wild health claims, 'state of mind' nonsense, and even outright magical thinking spirituality stuff.
My ex-wife used to do Yoga. None of that wishy-washy New Age Yoga for Fat Chicks crap, but hardcore Yoga that was like practice for being a contortionist. Some weekend mornings I would come out to the living room and she would be there in t-shirt and panties doing Yoga. She could literally bend over backwards and grab her own ankles.

I miss my ex-wife sometimes.

Git

Post by Git »

Darren wrote:
mutleyeng wrote:If anyone is not seeing the thumb, what I did was make a post saying I couldnt see the thumb - then went to "user control panel" to see if there were any options I needed to activate - didnt find any such options so didnt change a thing - came back, and the thumb was there
I didn't see the thumb at first. Then it appeared out of nowhere.
Schroedinger's Thumb?

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Maximus wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

Yes, perhaps I phrased It poorly. Didn’t want it to seem like mansplaining. Just that a lot of women I’ve known said that they hated this or that about themselves. The ones with straight hair wanted curly hair/the ones with curly hair wanted straight hair, etc. I’ve never met a man that said similar things. (although I’m sure there are some). Just advocating your type of personality :) (just my experiences/annecdotes).
I dunno about that.... guys with huge cocks want smaller ones/guys with small cocks want big ones, Skinny guys want broader shoulders etc and guys with hairy backs wished they lived in Turkey.... no different with men. It seems to me in a sex-culture fads come and go and some of us just never fit into the what ever the dominant paradigm is....

heh..I'm just remembering when I was in my early teens I wished my hair would part in the middle properly like David Cassidy

David Cassidy
[spoiler]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... aircut.jpg[/spoiler]

At least he made dark hair sexy here in Australia for a little while.....

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Mykeru wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Yoga's not just an exercise set. It usually comes with wild health claims, 'state of mind' nonsense, and even outright magical thinking spirituality stuff.
My ex-wife used to do Yoga. None of that wishy-washy New Age Yoga for Fat Chicks crap, but hardcore Yoga that was like practice for being a contortionist. Some weekend mornings I would come out to the living room and she would be there in t-shirt and panties doing Yoga. She could literally bend over backwards and grab her own ankles.

I miss my ex-wife sometimes.
Hahah, ok, so I suppose there are some benefits to yoga. :D

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Ess Bee just wrote this in response to John C. Welsh:

"Sure, I should have been more specific. I come from a discipline where criticism should be constructive and respectful. That’s not to say it cannot be pointed and brutal if necessary. Attacks on content are fair game, attacks on persons never are. So….any explicitly hateful and non-constructive ‘criticism’ Ms. Hensley has received deserves to be called out for what it is, childish nonsense."

To which I replied:

"See, this is what Welch was talking about viz. clear, concise writing. That’s a very explicit statement. One can only draw one conclusion from it.

But, it’s quite obviously a false statement. Attacks on “persons” are fair game, depending on the circumstance."

http://www.michaelnugent.com/2013/01/04 ... ent-173789

Do people honestly believe that the person making an argument, no matter what the argument is, is off limits to personal attack? It's generally accepted, of course, that you attack the argument rather than the person, but when the argument is vile, stupid, asinine, or just evil, then attacking the person can be warranted.

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Aaaannnd, apologies for spelling your name incorrectly, Mr. Welch.

decius

Post by decius »

codelette wrote:
Pftt. Atkins? My low-carb god is Brillat Savarin, bitch.
I see, no true-carb. What's your homeopathy, again?

deedee

Post by deedee »

Evening all. Today while perusing one of my regular online haunts, I came across an interesting little snippet of a discussion about "rape culture". A regular forumite was posting for advice/support because her teenage daughter had been raped by a classmate. One of the replies said something like (and I am paraphrasing here) "This kind of thing will keep happening as long as society allows men to believe that their penis is a free pass to entitlement, violence and cruelty."

I mean, where do you start with something like that? Even leaving aside the lack of a monolithic entity called "society", it's just so very wrong. Societal condemnation of an act (e.g. rape) does not eradicate that act, any more than societal approval of an act magically causes it to happen. I'm pretty sure that societal condemnation of, say, homicide, is fairly universal, but yet it still occurs...

Altair

Post by Altair »

My WCOA approves of this google search.
That is all.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

TheMan wrote: I dunno about that.... guys with huge cocks want smaller ones/guys with small cocks want big ones, Skinny guys want broader shoulders etc and guys with hairy backs wished they lived in Turkey.... no different with men. It seems to me in a sex-culture fads come and go and some of us just never fit into the what ever the dominant paradigm is....

heh..I'm just remembering when I was in my early teens I wished my hair would part in the middle properly like David Cassidy

David Cassidy
[spoiler]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... aircut.jpg[/spoiler]

At least he made dark hair sexy here in Australia for a little while.....
Good point.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Maximus wrote:
It's not patriarchy. Its 'how can corporations make money by making women feel insecure about their bodies'.

And now corporations are working that magic on *men*. Making people feel insecure about their looks and then offering the 'remedy'.

I visit this one site, skinnyvscurvy.com (yeah, Im into fashion, I bet the FTBers think that makes me an MRA) and the women are *worse* than many men when it comes to judging female bodies. They all fucking HATE HATE HATE Kate Upton, b/c she is a 'worthless twit with big boobs', yet they love the women who have body types just like them. Men are not all that picky. It's the women who treat one another like shit, b/c of all their stupid insecurities.
The biggest problem is that women don't realize that men(just like women) have different tastes. Some men like big breasts, some like small breasts(I do!). Some like blondes, some like brunettes, or red heads, some like big booties, some don’t, etc.

I really wish women would understand that![/quote]

Sex is basically a marketplace, just like any other. If you aren't getting enough sex, it simply means you aren't meeting what the marketplace demands, that's all. You aren't going to get anywhere by bitching about the marketplace. Getting laid is not an entitlement.

comslave

Post by comslave »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

Shit! That outfit would kill me.

http://www.posterplanet.net/startrek/im ... silver.jpg
THIS is why I'm grateful for television series that run into ratings trouble.