Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 pm  •  [Post 42121]

Better leave the Welcome mat out in the 'pit.

The "Thunderfoot puts out a new video" thread at atheism+ forum has led to 1 ban-after-1-post, and the person who started that thread, kitsy, has apparently had a temp-ban for "doubling down on a strawman" (to quote SubMor).

kitsy's question after returning from that temp-ban is per protocol and is going over "well" with the mods there (plus is worth a grin): http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&start=1200#p61099 (bolding added)

Re: Are the moderators here censorious, capricious and biase

Postby kitsy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:52 am
Can I PM Hyperdeath or someone who seems to have a fucking head on their shoulders please?
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby WoolyBumblebee » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 pm  •  [Post 42122]

I haz present for Mr. Nugent :D

User avatar
WoolyBumblebee
.
.
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 am
Location: The Twilight Zone of the Twilight Zone.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby TheMan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 pm  •  [Post 42123]

another lurker wrote:
I have not read -everything-, but based on the available evidence, I believe it is safe to assume that A+ers are nothing but attention seeking whores who invent reasons to feel victimized and gain even more attention.


The stats seem to indicate that they are getting less attention. So...there's two ways they can go with this. Either drum up more over the top Llama's or go back to what used to work before.
It wasn't me....
User avatar
TheMan
.
.
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rocko2466 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 am  •  [Post 42124]

Mr Danksworth wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:I'm just approaching it from being the voice of pure reason - without any righteous annoyance - so those people who are just gobbling up these tales of harassment (etc) start thinking might be persuaded that something's up.

Sometimes people just look at the annoyance and go "Look, there are the harassers up in arms and swearing again!" and don't read the content.


I wish you the best of luck. In my experience, it isn't worth it. Have you read this yet?http://dissentionisnothate.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/how-to-take-down-new-media-douchebags-like-rebecca-watson/


Yeah I had and I like it. But where do we really expect the mocking to take us?

I expect that more skeptics would 'come across' (as it were) if we're seen to be reasoning things through. Then it ends up with people like RWatson trolling everyone and all these reasonable people saying "Erm, no that's wrong because of (1),(2) and (3)". It's more appealing, particularly to newly active skeptics.
User avatar
rocko2466
.
.
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rocko2466 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:03 am  •  [Post 42125]

To clarify, I think we should ALSO mock. But there can be two different strategies of dealing with these people being employed at the same time.
User avatar
rocko2466
.
.
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 am  •  [Post 42126]

rocko2466 wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
rocko2466 wrote:I'm just approaching it from being the voice of pure reason - without any righteous annoyance - so those people who are just gobbling up these tales of harassment (etc) start thinking might be persuaded that something's up.

Sometimes people just look at the annoyance and go "Look, there are the harassers up in arms and swearing again!" and don't read the content.


I wish you the best of luck. In my experience, it isn't worth it. Have you read this yet?http://dissentionisnothate.wordpress.com/2012/12/19/how-to-take-down-new-media-douchebags-like-rebecca-watson/


Yeah I had and I like it. But where do we really expect the mocking to take us?

I expect that more skeptics would 'come across' (as it were) if we're seen to be reasoning things through. Then it ends up with people like RWatson trolling everyone and all these reasonable people saying "Erm, no that's wrong because of (1),(2) and (3)". It's more appealing, particularly to newly active skeptics.


Attempts at rational discussion seem best suited for situations/sites they don't control, where they can't dogpile on you, block/ban you, then quote you out of context. In fact, they're pretty funny in those situations, being shown rapidly to be irrational & close-minded. Can't remember but there have been several recent examples documented here (funniest has been Greg Laden saying he's going to ban someone then realizing he doesn't contro the venue).
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3618
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ButterCup » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am  •  [Post 42127]

codelette wrote:Went to Skepchick to get my lulz-on. So, it seems that Heina is trying to lose weight via low carbing. In the comments, Marilove writes...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

lol. This bitch ever meet a poor person from a bad neighborhood?


I saw that same thread. It attracted my attention as I am currently low-carbing to lose weight and have normal blood sugar (and it is working for me).
I give props to the OP as she is trying real low carb (less than 30g carbs a day) and not like several studies some in the past called low carb, but carbs still made up about 1/2 of all calories for the day.

But again I was laughing that this had to have a trigger warning lest people who are offended that some people do not want to be fat are trying to change that.

And Marilove hijacking the entire thread repeatedly because maybe vegans can't do it, or people who can't exercise are being ignored. One does not have to exercise on low carb to lose weight, but if you can, then it certainly helps retain or build muscle tone, etc. But the thread is about a personal experiment.
Marilove could try their own method to see if it works for them, but it is much easier to crap on the efforts of others and make it all about themselves.
User avatar
ButterCup
 

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby MarcusMorley » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:14 am  •  [Post 42128]

WoolyBumblebee wrote:I haz present for Mr. Nugent :D


The fact you even had to make that video is infuriating.

Nugent should be ashamed and embarrassed of his cheap and transparent attempt at scoring a point—not disanalogous to the religious and their 'Dawkins admits he's not an atheist because he isn't absolutely sure...!' tactic.
MarcusMorley
.
.
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Ape+lust » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 am  •  [Post 42129]

papillon wrote:Becky on Al Jazeera (Via Google +) talking about women being silenced online
Same old, same old; however, you could be forgiven for thinking you heard the presenter announce: @0:08sec
"Let's go over to Rebecca, she has a cunt for us" :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM5ukFayL-w


I just watched the whole thing. If you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LDK09vhtfI

It's pretty funny. It's one of those New Media shows where they pinball from topic to topic without much development and constantly interrupt the flow ("Hold on, here's an interesting Tweet that just came in"). What you saw in the shorter clip was the entirety of Rebecca's involvement, all 40 seconds of it. The focus was on the two guests they really wanted to interview and the rest of the Google Hangout saps were there to be a backline so the place looked like a "media center." She had to sit there, shorn of her giggly snark and pub crawl stories, couldn't play Angry Birds, couldn't sneak a pull on a Corona, and peer into the webcam for 35 minutes.

IOW, she was invited to be part of the set furniture.
Sometimes I make shooped images. They are yours to do with as you like. Repost, rearrange, recolor, repurpose; no permission needed, no attribution expected.
User avatar
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 am  •  [Post 42130]

franc wrote:
sacha wrote:The point is that the definition of "vegetarian" was not any different than it is now.
Vegetarianism is the practice of abstaining from consumption of meat – red meat, poultry and seafood. It may also include abstention from by-products of animal slaughter, such as animal-derived rennet and gelatin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism


Here's a perfect example. I abstain from eating liver. However, if someone invites me to dinner and prepares their traditional special liver dish, I will eat it for the sake of politeness.

And bits you chose not to see at the cesspit -

It has been theorized that Hitler's diet may have been based on Richard Wagner's historical theories which connected the future of Germany with vegetarianism.


According to stenographic transcripts translated by Hugh Trevor-Roper of conversations between Hitler and his inner circle which took place between July 1941 and November 1944, Hitler regarded himself as a vegetarian. These conversations were gathered together under the title Hitler's Table Talk. Written notes taken at the time were transcribed and then were edited by Martin Bormann. According to these transcripts dated November 11, 1941, Hitler said, "One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian."


Biographer Robert Payne, in his biography of Hitler, The Life and Death of Adolph Hitler (Praeger, 1973) theorizes that the image of Hitler as a vegetarian ascetic was deliberately fostered by propaganda minster Joseph Goebbels. In the book, The Mind of Adolf Hitler, it is said:

"If he (Hitler) does not eat meat, drink alcoholic beverages, or smoke, it is not due to the fact that he has some kind of inhibition or does it because he believes it will improve his health. He abstains from these because he is following the example of the great German, Richard Wagner, or because he has discovered that it increases his energy and endurance to such a degree that he can give much more of himself to the creation of the new German Reich."


go back and read what I fucking wrote. I mentioned or quoted all of this:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73&p=43317p43317#p43317

There are very specific times throughout the year that have fuck all to do with me, when you attempt to instigate a heated argument with me about vegetarianism. I have declined your invitations for years now.
"You don't have to join every argument you are invited to."

I responded because I saw the argument being about word definitions, and not vegetarianism specifically, but I really should have known it would be any day now, so it was my fault for not including a trigger warning for you, about the word itself.

You wanted to do it in public this time, forgetting what an exhibitionist I am.

In a weeks time, when you no longer need me to protect you from words, you can fondly remember this moment, and give me all of that anger you have, in a way that benefits me.

mmmm delightful.

I'm aroused at the very thought of it.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 am  •  [Post 42131]

I apologise for including all of that text with my response. It was not my intention.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 am  •  [Post 42132]

sacha wrote:I apologise for including all of that text with my response. It was not my intention.


We understand... lovers quarrel and all that.
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 am  •  [Post 42133]

sacha wrote:I apologise for including all of that text with my response. It was not my intention.

Never apologize …. ;-)

But seriously and to address the content of your previous post, word definitions are important as are their implications and consequences, although I don't entirely follow all of the specifics of your discussion. But never – or hardly ever – the case that we shouldn’t be concerned about what they mean and how they are used – really sort our our common wealth that everyone has an obligation of sorts to protect and maintain.

Somewhat apropos, a favorite passage from Loren Eiseley’s The Immense Journey describing our evolution, our crossing the threshold from animal to human:

[Humanity] was becoming something the world had never seen before – a dream animal – living at least partially within a secret universe of his own creation and sharing that secret universe in his head with other, similar heads. Symbolic communication had begun. Man had escaped out of the eternal present of the animal world into a knwoledge of past and future. The unseen gods, the powers behind the world of phenomenal appearances, had begun to stalk through his dreams. [pg 120]
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4341
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 am  •  [Post 42134]

WoolyBumblebee wrote:I haz present for Mr. Nugent :D

jKFtN4vxFEA


Image
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby John Greg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 am  •  [Post 42135]

Erm, ah, with all due respect to my pals franc and sacha, why on Earth are either one of you giving so much importance to the definition of, and who is or is not, vegetarian?

No, I do not get it.

If you lovely folks want to fistfuck-fight each other over diction (doggy stylee of course), well, you know, maybe, perhaps, you could take it to private channels.

Love you both, but this shit is getting downright silly.
What shirt is s/h/it wearing?

Radical feminism is the radical notion that those who criticize it aren’t human. —— Kirbmarc
John Greg
.
.
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: New Westminster, BC, Canada

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 am  •  [Post 42136]

Pitchguest wrote:Goddamnit, Michael Nugent is so full of shit.

Haven’t read all of it. But while I will readily agree that some of his comments are rather self-serving and a little too “sympathy-for-the-devils” to be all that palatable, I still think he makes some valid criticisms of Thunderfoot. While TF put “feminism” in quotes at the beginning of his video, methinks he also is periodically unreasonable or unfairly dismissive of some real problems and the reasonable efforts by at least some to alleviate them.
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4341
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 am  •  [Post 42137]

sacha wrote:I'm aroused at the very thought of it.


Well, the future of Nazi Germany was going to be vegetarian - that's all that interests me. To emulate Wagner. I too get aroused by the thought of vegetarian Teutonic blondes in crotchless leather Gestapo uniforms grinding against each other to Ride of the Valkyries. You'd be one of those homos if you didn't.

Hitler may not have been a vegetarian by your dictionary standards, but his 1000 year Reich would have been.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby comslave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 am  •  [Post 42138]

Okay, I did mine. It's not great because I just speak off the top of my head, but my two cents are out there.


Sometimes a cup of coffee is just a cup of coffee.
User avatar
comslave
.
.
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 am  •  [Post 42139]

welch wrote:
sacha wrote:oh, and don't let sacha wind you up, she's an insufferable cunt.



But she makes us all sammiches dressed like a dirty schoolgirl, and is always dropping her pencils in front of us, so we don't mind the cuntiness so much :-P



my power is also my pleasure
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Whisper Walrus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 am  •  [Post 42140]

Long time lurker, first time poster. Likely to resume lurker status, but meh.

Main reason for registering was just to say you lot are fucking hilarious and make this whole ridiculous "schism" tolerable.

Secondary: That Nerd of Redhead thing is a fucking asshole. No particular reason and I haven't ever had any interaction with it, but wow. I now have another reason for never having kids.

Skep tickle wrote:Better leave the Welcome mat out in the 'pit.


Kitsy's last post in that thread makes it very clear that s/h/it knows what's coming. Flewellyn's reply is pretty tame, but Setar is, not surprisingly, obnoxious and Laughing Coyote is just an outright bitch. Yeah, it doesn't look good for Kitsy at all.

Why exactly do the mods there let random assholes roam free in the mod complaint thread? I've read a lot of that thread and I've rarely seen the people that aren't mods or involved in the "conflict" contribute anything helpful there. Some people that are involved don't bring anything helpful anyway; Kassiane's demand for a 5-paragraph justification of mod behaviors was especially delicious and unhelpful (and ignored; I was disappointed).

From the way she talks, Kitsy may still be too enchanted with the idea of what A+ claims to be to wind up here. Maybe once she's been banned there for a while and spends a little time on FfTB s/h/it will see just where they are (or aren't) actually welcome.
"Either you believe reason and evidence should ultimately guide our discussions, or you think they should be held hostage to identity politics. " -- Ron goddamn Lindsay
User avatar
Whisper Walrus
.
.
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby comslave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 am  •  [Post 42141]

another lurker wrote:cuninng punt wrote:

Speaking of exercise, does anyone else go snowshoeing?


I am starting this year. I just walked 8.5 k through the snow a couple of weeks ago. I did about 2k of it through 2-4 feet of snow in the middle of the night, out in the woods. Long story...but I am tougher than I thought.


I've done fuckloads of snowshoeing. I live near Mt. Hood and I used to go nearly 3 times a month in winter.
Sometimes a cup of coffee is just a cup of coffee.
User avatar
comslave
.
.
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby comslave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 am  •  [Post 42142]

codelette wrote:Went to Skepchick to get my lulz-on. So, it seems that Heina is trying to lose weight via low carbing. In the comments, Marilove writes...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

lol. This bitch ever meet a poor person from a bad neighborhood?


First rule about losing weight, stop whining about how hard it is to lose weight.
Sometimes a cup of coffee is just a cup of coffee.
User avatar
comslave
.
.
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:29 am  •  [Post 42143]

franc wrote:
sacha wrote:I'm aroused at the very thought of it.


Well, the future of Nazi Germany was going to be vegetarian -


Can't even remember when I last fucked a carnivore anyway. I have an amazing track record scoring the trifecta - vegetarian; starving "artist"; no rich parents.

You'd have to be an icy corpse on a morgue slab to not be moved by Dyanne Thorne (tits warning) -

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Animal lover, Unitarian Universalist minister and, of course, vegetarian.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 am  •  [Post 42144]

sacha wrote:
welch wrote:But she makes us all sammiches dressed like a dirty schoolgirl, and is always dropping her pencils in front of us, so we don't mind the cuntiness so much :-P


my power is also my pleasure


You enjoy dressing sammiches to look like dirty schoolgirls?
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby UnbelieveSteve » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 am  •  [Post 42145]

Mykeru wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:[spoiler]Worky???[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Ha, made you look[/spoiler]


[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler]:clap:[/spoiler]
The mist is rising over the ocean's waves.Together we leave the shores of hell behind us to find our destination. The sun is hiding behind the horizon, leaving it's realm to the endless night. Right under the ocean's waves the Leviathan will rise. Fairyland
User avatar
UnbelieveSteve
.
.
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 am  •  [Post 42146]

Whisper Walrus wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Likely to resume lurker status, but meh.

Main reason for registering was just to say you lot are fucking hilarious and make this whole ridiculous "schism" tolerable.
....

Welcome aboard; always nice to have reports from the “Far Side” [aka A+] …. :-)

And like your signature; as Irma Bombeck put it, “Family: the ties that bind and gag ….”
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4341
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am  •  [Post 42147]

Image
User avatar
Dan
.
.
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:09 am
Location: Straya Cunts

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rocko2466 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:11 am  •  [Post 42148]

I never knew this. See this post (http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... -too-sexy/) and CTRL+F "rag".

A lot of you knew this already, but LOL.
User avatar
rocko2466
.
.
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 am  •  [Post 42149]

another lurker wrote:Sacha wrote:

Don't take this personally, you are just one of many who assume it is our life's pleasure to either explain everything, or to wait until someone else has, so we can continue with the conversations, debates, arguments, sarcasm, satire, and piss takes that only the well established and experienced pitters understand.


Sacha, everything's cool. I am up to speed now. Thank you to everyone who had the patience to fill me in.

A couple of thoughts, however:

Why do noobies have a bad habit of requesting information from forum posters that they could most likely dig up with a little bit of effort on their own?


Unlike other forums, the vast majority of new posters here do not ask for information that can be found quite easily, and they seamlessly become veterans. An example is Metalogic42 who joined 2 December, but seems to have been here since the beginning.
another lurker wrote:I think that people just want to connect in real time; nothing -necessarily- eebil and thoughtless about it at all.

It is selfish and oblivious behaviour, or it is nervous chatter from someone with low self-esteem, and pitters rarely tolerate either of those personalities.

nearly every one of the new people who have asked for basic background information, or have managed to make themselves well known for dreadful behaviour, (but are not trolls) their first few days here, (the negative attention seekers) have been young Merkin women. It goes along with the culture.

I'm glad you were able to catch up so quickly, and I hope you were just nervous. I'm more than happy to overlook the "it's all about me" behaviour we have seen from two brand new members. I've already seen solid and perceptive commentary from both of them, but the other behaviour has to disappear. It's all about proving yourself here. Newer people that are shown respect, have earned it.
It's gotten to the point where it is almost impossible to keep up with this thread, unless one is willing to spend an exorbitant amount of time dedicated to it. New people who take up pages with basic questions, and drama are drowning the reasons why many of us are here.

Think of it as the local pub, packed full of old-time regulars.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 am  •  [Post 42150]

Rawrsome wrote:
sacha wrote:One should have to pass a test on the history of the Baboons before they can post on the Undead Thread. There should be an Introduction to Baboons thread and a third thread for those who have more than basic knowledge. Those from the pit who have the patience to explain it all yet again to someone new, can go there and help them. This is the advanced thread. Some sort of prerequisite knowledge should be mandatory before commenting.


Yeah, you tell that fucker to go read fem 101 before they can post.


I knew some brand new idiot would go there. This website is for sceptics. It is easy to find the resources which include evidence, and that will give one knowledge of the basic background on topics. An understanding of history. One will have the facts in order to use critical thinking to come to a conclusion.

It will not tell you what to think, or how to act.

but nice try, thanks for playing.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:17 am  •  [Post 42151]

Hmm. I see some changes have been made. I've had a look through the posts made last night but I can't find it, so apologies for asking if it's been addressed: how do you go about "thanking" someone?
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:22 am  •  [Post 42152]

Jonathan wrote:Hmm. I see some changes have been made. I've had a look through the posts made last night but I can't find it, so apologies for asking if it's been addressed: how do you go about "thanking" someone?


Thumb top right of post. just clicked it first time. feel honoured.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby TheMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:30 am  •  [Post 42153]

UnbelieveSteve wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:[spoiler]Worky???[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Ha, made you look[/spoiler]


[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler]:clap:[/spoiler]


[spoiler]you funny Cunt....[/spoiler]
It wasn't me....
User avatar
TheMan
.
.
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 am  •  [Post 42154]

franc wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Hmm. I see some changes have been made. I've had a look through the posts made last night but I can't find it, so apologies for asking if it's been addressed: how do you go about "thanking" someone?


Thumb top right of post. just clicked it first time. feel honoured.


I feel a warm sense of privilege. Cheers.
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby TheMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 am  •  [Post 42155]

top right? All I see are the "quote" and "report" buttons..... I'm desperate to spank thank myself.
It wasn't me....
User avatar
TheMan
.
.
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 am  •  [Post 42156]

TheMan wrote:top right? All I see are the "quote" and "report" buttons..... I'm desperate to spank thank myself.


You can't thank yourself apparently.
User avatar
Jonathan
.
.
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:50 am  •  [Post 42157]

Good grief, it now takes me two hours to catch up on the 'pit when I return from work. If it wasn't for that, I'd be able to exercise. Fucking non-pitter privilege.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:16 am  •  [Post 42158]

Eucliwood wrote:
codelette wrote:
Yeah. Another one that I find really idiotic is the "poor people cannot eat good healthy foodz, cause it is like...oh so difficult.." and the exploitation -by usually sheltered SWJ- of the food deserts concept. There was a report in the local paper regarding how our 'hood was finally going to overcome its food desert status and have access to fresh food (cause we are getting a grocery store a la Trader Joe's). This food "desert" actually have a grocery store that sells fresh veggies, fruits, meats and other staple products. At very good prices. It is a fucking block away from the new place.
The place is owned by Mexicans and it is the place where all the Hispanics laborers from the area do their grocery shopping.

Are you implying that healthy food is generally cheap? Just because an area has a good deal doesn't mean that healthy food is generally cheap. I have an Adult who is exercising AND eating healthy food - says that thanks to their good income, they can actually afford the healthy food. People aren't saying that for nothing... and mentioning one store that sells it (btw, do those come with pesticides?) for cheap doesn't really mean anything. It's not a coincidence that poverty can relate to bad health. If this post wasn't about poor people, you wouldn't have a problem with someone saying that healthy food is more expensive than well... stuff that isn't as healthy. I plan on getting a good job so that I can be orthorexic as I want (obsession with eating nutritiously/for good health)- something that costs money. You should try researching before automatically saying a claim is false or applying ad ridiculum to it.


My research was being raised into poverty and eating healthy, cunt.
Rice, beans, corn. Canned veggies. Eggs. Powdered milk. Organ meat. That's all healthy food. That's what I ate. You think the mexican laborers that go the grocery store down the street are wealthy?
Shut the fuck up.
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:23 am  •  [Post 42159]

Health food is generally cheap, unless you live on a fucking island. Then YMMV. Unless you're hardcore organic. It costs my family less when we're eating healthy than when we're not.

I've always thought the reason poverty often comes with eating shittily is because of lack of time-resources rather than cost, as far as I'd figure. It costs time to prepare fresh food that you don't have to think about when you're heating up something in a microwave.
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 am  •  [Post 42160]

TheMan wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:[spoiler]Worky???[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Ha, made you look[/spoiler]


[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler]:clap:[/spoiler]


[spoiler]you funny Cunt....[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Assholes[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 am  •  [Post 42161]

ButterCup wrote:I saw that same thread. It attracted my attention as I am currently low-carbing to lose weight and have normal blood sugar (and it is working for me).
I give props to the OP as she is trying real low carb (less than 30g carbs a day) and not like several studies some in the past called low carb, but carbs still made up about 1/2 of all calories for the day.

But again I was laughing that this had to have a trigger warning lest people who are offended that some people do not want to be fat are trying to change that.

And Marilove hijacking the entire thread repeatedly because maybe vegans can't do it, or people who can't exercise are being ignored. One does not have to exercise on low carb to lose weight, but if you can, then it certainly helps retain or build muscle tone, etc. But the thread is about a personal experiment.
Marilove could try their own method to see if it works for them, but it is much easier to crap on the efforts of others and make it all about themselves.


Lemme guess:
Marilove is an overweight, disabled woman w/ mental health problems. Definitely into fat-acceptance. Triggered by weight scales and the word diet.
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 am  •  [Post 42162]

rayshul wrote:Health food is generally cheap, unless you live on a fucking island. Then YMMV. Unless you're hardcore organic. It costs my family less when we're eating healthy than when we're not.

I've always thought the reason poverty often comes with eating shittily is because of lack of time-resources rather than cost, as far as I'd figure. It costs time to prepare fresh food that you don't have to think about when you're heating up something in a microwave.


I think that eating shittily -nowadays- just come from ignorance and a detachment from traditional foods.
Preparing rice and beans and opening a can of veggies takes 30-45 mins. Heating up a tortilla and filling eat w/ beans and tomatoes takes about 10. Rice and beans//Tortilla-Beans are perfect proteins. You add an egg? You get your B-12.
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby rayshul » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:45 am  •  [Post 42163]

I'm laughing almost as much as I did when Tony started fapping to the urethra meatus.

https://twitter.com/Dalesy617/status/287071925572861953

@micknugent @rebeccawatson Wow, you two are a little two-person retard train, aren't you?
"My hyper-important vagina is offended, appease it at once!" - Philip of Tealand
User avatar
rayshul
.
.
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:53 am  •  [Post 42164]

Is Mike Nugent part of CFI?
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby HoneyWagon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:54 am  •  [Post 42165]

codelette wrote:[spoiler]
Eucliwood wrote:
codelette wrote:
Yeah. Another one that I find really idiotic is the "poor people cannot eat good healthy foodz, cause it is like...oh so difficult.." and the exploitation -by usually sheltered SWJ- of the food deserts concept. There was a report in the local paper regarding how our 'hood was finally going to overcome its food desert status and have access to fresh food (cause we are getting a grocery store a la Trader Joe's). This food "desert" actually have a grocery store that sells fresh veggies, fruits, meats and other staple products. At very good prices. It is a fucking block away from the new place.
The place is owned by Mexicans and it is the place where all the Hispanics laborers from the area do their grocery shopping.

Are you implying that healthy food is generally cheap? Just because an area has a good deal doesn't mean that healthy food is generally cheap. I have an Adult who is exercising AND eating healthy food - says that thanks to their good income, they can actually afford the healthy food. People aren't saying that for nothing... and mentioning one store that sells it (btw, do those come with pesticides?) for cheap doesn't really mean anything. It's not a coincidence that poverty can relate to bad health. If this post wasn't about poor people, you wouldn't have a problem with someone saying that healthy food is more expensive than well... stuff that isn't as healthy. I plan on getting a good job so that I can be orthorexic as I want (obsession with eating nutritiously/for good health)- something that costs money. You should try researching before automatically saying a claim is false or applying ad ridiculum to it.
[/spoiler]

My research was being raised into poverty and eating healthy, cunt.
Rice, beans, corn. Canned veggies. Eggs. Powdered milk. Organ meat. That's all healthy food. That's what I ate. You think the mexican laborers that go the grocery store down the street are wealthy?
Shut the fuck up.


Some areas legitimately do not have many options for a variety of fresh food. I thankfully live near a ton of Mexican supermarkets, plus Costco, Trader Joes and Fresh and Easy. The farmer's markets in the Los Angeles area work as a group so that farmer's markets happen every day all over the city giving people a chance at fresh affordable food. The farmer's markets that have great income (like the one in Hollywood) helps subsidize markets in areas that need them. And this does not apply to most people here, but people that are homeless, living in cars or weekly hotels generally have no way to store foods that need refrigeration, so they are more likely to buy food that doesn't need this, like processed foods and fast foods.
Obviously not all people that are overweight are homeless, but just giving an example of a group that might have more of a reason for poor food in their diet.

The reasons people are overweight are varied. So many changes happened in the western diet or activity in the last few decades, that it is hard to pin it on one thing. I think the change in the USDA recommendations to reduce fat and increase carbs has something to do with it. With the desire for lower fat, we also got processed foods that had some form of sugar added to replace the fat so it would have some flavor. And just the increased eating of processed foods altogether.

I think most people would be successful with either a low carb/ high fat diet or a high carb/ low fat diet (whichever they think they are more likely to stick with for the long term) if in addition, they reduced processed foods and ate whole foods. Takes more time, but it is worth it.

I don't know about your current diet, but I would try to replace the canned veggies with fresh or frozen. Just less sodium and preservatives. You didn't ask for my opinion, but there it is.
User avatar
HoneyWagon
.
.
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:35 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:55 am  •  [Post 42166]

Mykeru wrote:
TheMan wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:[spoiler]Worky???[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Ha, made you look[/spoiler]


[spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler][/spoiler] [spoiler]:clap:[/spoiler]


[spoiler]you funny Cunt....[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Assholes[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]


[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jjbinx007 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 am  •  [Post 42167]

Kudos to Justicar/Integralmath for his last couple of video responses to Matt Dillahunty. He absolutely nails Dillahunty in both videos. Splendid stuff.
User avatar
jjbinx007
.
.
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:04 am  •  [Post 42168]

franc wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]


Is that from the real Svan/Laden sex tape?
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 am  •  [Post 42169]

TheMan wrote:[spoiler]you funny Cunt....[/spoiler]


In honour of me being completely off my face, to a degree I can't remember since I was 16, for the next two hours this forum will consist of nothing but the word "cunt" repeated over and over.

Cunt.

Also, I'm not entirely certain, but I'm prettt sure my dog is drunk by association.

Holy fuck, I am wasted.

Cunt.
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:13 am  •  [Post 42170]

Yeah... I can't remember when throwing up seemed like a better option than not.

I can seee two Moons! Holy shit. There is only supposed to be one of them.

I guess it is serendipity or some shit that I am watching the 'Apollo 13' movie. Let's re-enter that cunt right now. To hell with the heat shields. Only bitches get on heat.

O.K... I'm done now. I will apologise for the damage tomorrow when I am sober.
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:14 am  •  [Post 42171]

Darren wrote:
TheMan wrote:[spoiler]you funny Cunt....[/spoiler]


In honour of me being completely off my face, to a degree I can't remember since I was 16, for the next two hours this forum will consist of nothing but the word "cunt" repeated over and over.



Ophie would say that this place has consisted of nothing but the word "cunt" repeated over and over from the beginning.

But carry on with your project! Important work is important!
User avatar
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 am  •  [Post 42172]

HoneyWagon wrote:Some areas legitimately do not have many options for a variety of fresh food. I thankfully live near a ton of Mexican supermarkets, plus Costco, Trader Joes and Fresh and Easy. The farmer's markets in the Los Angeles area work as a group so that farmer's markets happen every day all over the city giving people a chance at fresh affordable food. The farmer's markets that have great income (like the one in Hollywood) helps subsidize markets in areas that need them. And this does not apply to most people here, but people that are homeless, living in cars or weekly hotels generally have no way to store foods that need refrigeration, so they are more likely to buy food that doesn't need this, like processed foods and fast foods.
Obviously not all people that are overweight are homeless, but just giving an example of a group that might have more of a reason for poor food in their diet.

The reasons people are overweight are varied. So many changes happened in the western diet or activity in the last few decades, that it is hard to pin it on one thing. I think the change in the USDA recommendations to reduce fat and increase carbs has something to do with it. With the desire for lower fat, we also got processed foods that had some form of sugar added to replace the fat so it would have some flavor. And just the increased eating of processed foods altogether.

I think most people would be successful with either a low carb/ high fat diet or a high carb/ low fat diet (whichever they think they are more likely to stick with for the long term) if in addition, they reduced processed foods and ate whole foods. Takes more time, but it is worth it.

I don't know about your current diet, but I would try to replace the canned veggies with fresh or frozen. Just less sodium and preservatives. You didn't ask for my opinion, but there it is.


My current diet includes fresh and frozen veggies. Canned veggies was the majority of the veggies that my parents bought when I was growing up. We also ate a lot of salted-dried protein (like codfish and herring).
I was talking about the section of poor people that are not destitute poor (homeless people and the like). Along the lines of illegal Hispanic laborers, they tend to eat pretty healthily.
My diet nowadays is very snobby. I have the money to buy wild-caught, local-this, grass-fed that...but I also go to the Mexican market a lot to get avocados, cilantro, beans, rice, etc. About three years ago, our income was way way lower; so bought almost everything from the Mexican/Asian grocers. Back then I had a budget of 65-75 USD per week to cook three meals a day for two adults. Ironically enough, it is when I cooked the healthiest.

PS. And yeah, I think the USDA fucked people up. I ignore them. I eat full fat. Low fat is for wimps (that's what my mom told me lol).
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 am  •  [Post 42173]

cunt wrote:
Acrimony aardvark.



Image
tentacle rape enthusiast PZ Myers
User avatar
bhoytony
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
 
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby bhoytony » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 am  •  [Post 42174]

Cunning Punt wrote:You are right.

Speaking of exercise, does anyone else go snowshoeing? I am privileged enough to own a pair of second hand snow shoes that I got from Play It Again Sports and I went for a saunter around the local reservoir tonight. Fucking awesome exercise, low impact, great views over the city and I really worked my butt cheeks. Highly recommend it if there is snow where you live.


I'm in Cambodia at the minute, so I might look a bit silly.
tentacle rape enthusiast PZ Myers
User avatar
bhoytony
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
 
Posts: 2777
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 am  •  [Post 42175]

Michael Nugent reports in to his masters -

Image
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby codelette » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:49 am  •  [Post 42176]

and this is from a site that takes pride on being the forefront of science and skepticism. Shit that Marilove says...
Image

lol
User avatar
codelette
.
.
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 am  •  [Post 42177]

Holy shit, did I just write all that?

Nevermind. Apolo 13 just re-entered successfully and their parachutes opened fine. Their wives went nuts and the mission control tream went ape-shit. Patriarchy? What's that got to do with anything? The music is awesome.

So rest assured, the Apollo 13 crew survived, except Swagert, who got cancer and died later on, but his legacy, whatever that is, lives on.

I am now drinking warm beer beause I didn't forsee how drunk I was going to get. If I had've know, I would've put more beer in the fridge and invited franc and MKG over. Phil and rayshul would also have been invited to participate in spirit because they are cool. I know because those fuckers took my Skype virginity an Phil sounded hot with the wholle French thing he has going on.

As an side, my effort to download the entier 'pyt is comming to fruition. Soon I will have stats on the posting frequency of the pit that will blow your mind. By, "blow your mind", I mean something that I find mildly interesting, which means you probably won't.

You know what else I find interesting? My father has a painting of a Giraffe wandering across the plains of Africa (queue Toto - bect fuckign band ever) with the Andes in the background. I have always wanted to find out who painted it, because I think it's a great picture. His (I assume he is male - the gender binary cunt I am) name is "Arno" something orother. He must be Dutch because my mother is.

If anyone know who this prick is, let me know.

Also, the music from the "Apollo 13" movie is awesome. I am now going to watch "Memphis Belle", because I am drunk and Poms drink warm beer. Also, because I like the scene where the commander guy tells the second in commander guy to get fucked because there are civillians down there! "What's the difference, there all Nazis!", I hear you say. Well read Pat Reid's books on Colditz and then tell me they're all Nazis.

Anyway, here's a pictue of a B-17. I will spoiler it because I'm nice. Also, it's hotlinked, so don't blame me if it turns into Goatse.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That's one sext maching. Almost as sexy as the Apollo lunar module... here is a picture of LM-5, "Eagle"

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

When I say, "Lem 5: Eagle", I really mean, "Lem 6: Intrepid", but I figure most of you won't know the difference.

Since I am wasted, I may as well apologise to Eucliwood for participating in the dog-pile in the early days. I knew it was going to happen, even when I was 10 pages behind, but I joined in anyway. You latest posts are much more contributive (I don't know if that is actually a word), and I give you props for that.

Also, Lsuoma or Lsouma (I can never remember which order the vowels go in), thank you for putting up with us pricks and bitches (see! equality!)

Is 15 beers too much? My father could walk to bed on a slab.

Finally, does anyone else have the problem, when you are really drunk, of grabbing 5 empty bottles before you find the full one?

Anyway, happy 2014, pit!
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:54 am  •  [Post 42178]

Oops, I mis-spelled "Schweigert". There's not supposed to be a '3' in there.
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby mutleyeng » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 am  •  [Post 42179]

TheMan wrote:top right? All I see are the "quote" and "report" buttons..... I'm desperate to spank thank myself.


I would thank you for this, cos I see nothin there either - thought I was just bein stoopid again
consider you have a "thank you" on the slate
User avatar
mutleyeng
.
.
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:32 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:58 am  •  [Post 42180]

Steersman wrote:
welch wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
welch wrote: I share too much of a name with Jack Welch formerly of GE, and some others. Also, 7+ years in the AF, that's just how I always write my name.


Yeah. I did a quick google search for your book on ipads and business, and the returns were all of Jack and/or Raquel.


Yep. The C. is helpful for that reason. Also, "bynkii" is a good search term for me.

Speaking of your monicker, you might find it interesting if not amusing that Raging Bee over on Brayton’s blog sent you a charming little love note, if of the head-desk variety … your fame precedes you ….



Oh that twat. Fuck if I know, I don't speak dipshit
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right. Also, if the worst thing that happens in my day is you not talking to me anymore? Fuck yeah!
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 am  •  [Post 42181]

BarnOwl wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
So, the goal for atheism, in their view, is to "replac[e] religious ideology" "in this country" (US) and/or in "society" more widely by dismantling society and rebuilding it from the ground up so (as Esteleth writes) "we can move forward, not as men and women struggling against each other, but together as a species."

Oh, yeah. That's going to go over well outside their little circle. :roll:


Most of the Pharyngula commentariat wouldn't survive the routine dismantling of an 8-cup coffee press, much less the rebuilding of society from the ground up.


Hey! Put in a fucking trigger warning before you talk about something so horrible!
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right. Also, if the worst thing that happens in my day is you not talking to me anymore? Fuck yeah!
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8340
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 am  •  [Post 42182]

franc wrote:Michael Nugent reports in to his masters -

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]


Oh well, he's going to correct his inability to hear quotes in the spoken word rather than just feed a piece of manufactured horseshit straight into the echo chamber, right?

Right?

Oh. Well then, we can preserves this as a case study of how the A+/FTB/SCK Mighty Wurlitzer of Bullshit operates
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby BarnOwl » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 am  •  [Post 42183]

franc wrote:Michael Nugent reports in to his masters -


Pathetic. Photoshopping Nugent's head to the body of a toad would be insulting to amphibians.

Meanwhile, Greta "please donate money for my cancer surgery" is waxing lyrical about Fluevogs:

[spoiler]
The shoes are enormously comfortable. John Fluevog knows what he’s doing: the heels I have from him are easily the most comfortable heels I own, and these new babies are almost like sneakers. And they’re definitely stylish. Again — John Fluevog knows what he’s doing.
But they’re also very quirky. They’re stylish and expressive, but they’re not conventionally pretty. They’re more than a little bit nerdy, and way more than a little old-fashioned. The very name of the shoe is “Pilgrim” — not exactly the apotheosis of feminine grace and sophistication. They carry strong overtones of “Wicked Witch of the West.”
And I realized: Maybe that’s exactly what I needed to break this conundrum.
Maybe, if I want dressy, stylish, comfortable women’s shoes, I need to re-define what I mean by “stylish.” Maybe I need to let go of “conventionally pretty.” Maybe I need to let go of conventional femininity. Maybe I need to let myself be a little old-fashioned. Maybe I need to let my stylishness be quirky, nerdy, witchy.
(I also maybe need to spend somewhat more than I normally do on shoes. That’s something Ingrid kept reminding me of when I was griping about my conundrum: more-expensive, higher-quality shoes tend to be more comfortable, and longer-lasting, as well as prettier. But when I think of how many pairs of useless ballerina flats I’ve bought in my life — and the amount of money I’ve wasted on them — the math on this totally adds up.)
[/spoiler]

You know, I genuinely enjoy reading most of Greta's fashion posts - not that I am remotely fashionable in my attire, but I just think some of the topics are interesting. However, I've yet to see her address "fashion on a budget" (perhaps because she doesn't worry about that) or the social justice issues associated with the fashion industry (perhaps because she doesn't care). I brought up the latter several times in the comments of one or two of her posts (as did some other commentators), but was ignored completely. Might have even been banninated, but I haven't tried commenting since.
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2578
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Cunning Punt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:05 am  •  [Post 42184]

another lurker wrote:cunning punt: http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/snowshoes ... vo/product

this one, specifically


Ah, the Evo. Nice looking shoe. I will have to rent a pair, I've wondered what they are like. I've heard they sink a bit more than the larger shoes.
PZ Myers wrote:
"You are the patriarchy personified, noelplum99"
noelplum99 wrote:
"And to think my mother said i would never amount to anything."
User avatar
Cunning Punt
.
.
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:05 am  •  [Post 42185]

Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dogen, Google [Bot], katamari Damassi, KiwiInOz, Oglebart, Pitchguest and 7 guests