In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
John D

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote:In Washington State it just became illegal to drink water and drive. Basically anything more trivial than tapping a mounted phone is now illegal, including eating and drinking in a car.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... g-commute/
Eating can be more complex depending on the nature of the food.

I wonder what the statistics are on drink and food related accidents. One major downside is the alertness of truck drivers if they cannot enjoy some coffee, peanuts & beef jerky while driving. I assume people on their daily commute can just suck it up.
Just changing the radio station is more distracting than drinking in your car. People should really have better studies regarding distraction before passing stupid laws. I predict this law will have a negative impact in general. Of course, I can't be sure, but you will never get a Seattle resident to not drink coffee in their car. They will now be compelled to hide the drink resulting in even more distraction. This could also have the perverse affect of drivers being thirsty and hungry which affects driving performance. Fucking stupid.

I am really glad I don't live on the West coast of the US. I would be tempted to kill everyone. They are smart but not wise out there.

One of the big issues about distraction is that things like phones make attention demands. Things like coffee do not. Generally people avoid drinking their coffee when traffic is getting complex and they need to make decisions. Things like phones... and even navi systems compel drivers to give them immediate attention. These attention grabbers are the biggest problem.

There is also the poorly studied effect of what I call "loose attention". When you drive you do not use highly focused attention. You are in more of a "loose attention" space. It's like walking. You don't really pay sharp attention to your walking. You just walk. You have a loose awareness of your surroundings and what your options are for decisions. This is how driving works as well. SO... the question is more about making sure distractions don't affect your global view of your driving based decisions.

I will also say that setting the rear AC on my fucking Ford Flex is more distracting than eating a god damned taco. You have to stare at these stupid spaces on the touch screen. I love the vehicle except for the Ford touch screen interface. The haptic is a nightmare. Really... I almost had a wreck using that fucking interface. I need REAL FUCKING BUTTONS YOU WHORES!

https://www.wired.com/story/mit-distracted-driving/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

On the subject of does-eating-drinking really significantly contribute to accidents,

Here is a teen study done. Eating is much lower down on the list than cell phone use. I am not sure if they have proven causation, or if this is mere correlation. (As in more people happen to be engaged in talking on cellphone than eating).

It will take more time for me to wade through the study.

https://www.aaafoundation.org/sites/def ... Report.pdf

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Eskarina wrote:
I'm German, I'm used to wurst in any shape and size. ;)
Are you Schented Nektär?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Oh fuck that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

feathers wrote:
Sunder wrote:People make too much of the whole "Eve at the fruit first so it's her fault" bullshit. I mean she and her hubby were both supposed to be childlike idiots with no concept of right and wrong, and she was tricked to boot. Not to mention Judaism and Christianity both make a bigger deal about "the sins of the father" than the mother. So acting as if that one story is somehow the root of all misogyny. It's not.
Most modern Christians don't give a rat's pluchy hiney for what Eve did or didn't, because they don't take the Bible literally, a concept unfathomable for Muslims.
Certainly the case that many Christians aren't dogmatic literalists, although there's a problematically large contingent who are - Jerry Coyne has an interesting post up on the topic (Professor fired from Bryan College for opposing requirement to endorse historical Adam and Eve). But it's also true that not all Muslims - at least not all American Muslims - are literalists; for instance, a Pew Forum study from 2008 [Q38] suggests that some 8% of American Muslims agree their "holy book" [ha!] was "written by men, not the word of God" which is maybe a hopeful sign.

But there's also some hope for some of the more dogmatic Christians, although that might be moot and will depend on how willing they are to look at themselves in the mirror:

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

One of the big issues about distraction is that things like phones make attention demands. Things like coffee do not. Generally people avoid drinking their coffee when traffic is getting complex and they need to make decisions. Things like phones... and even navi systems compel drivers to give them immediate attention. These attention grabbers are the biggest problem.
The way to stop handheld texting and make navigation safer is not to ban use of phones but to better integrate phones cars and the internet.

If Washington State wanted to impress me, they would put together tech companies, auto companies, insurance agencies and legislators and figure out some standards for heads up displays, voice control and internet connectivity.

Then again, apparently nothing will stop idiots from taking selfies as driver or leaving their hands off the wheel and eyes off the road for over a minute, so why bother doing anything except outlawing everything and that sure is simple and lucrative.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:If Washington State wanted to impress me, they would put together tech companies, auto companies, insurance agencies and legislators and figure out some standards for heads up displays, voice control and internet connectivity.

Then again, apparently nothing will stop idiots from taking selfies as driver or leaving their hands off the wheel and eyes off the road for over a minute, so why bother doing anything except outlawing everything and that sure is simple and lucrative.
My new car connects to my phone via bluetooth.

It has controls for the phone & radio on the steering wheel. It can read me my text messages. It has voice control for these devices too.

Heck, even my GPS device connect to my phone, allows for hands free calls via voice command and manages my text messages too. The solutions are coming. I suspect the laws have something to do with the demand for these features.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Music break.

[youtube][/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Good for Weinstein.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

The Washington state law says that people can be ticketed for eating or drinking IF it results in erratic driving. So you can sip your coffee without fear is it doesn't result in poor driving. My concern is that it will be abused by certain officers looking for an excuse. The law really gives a broad latitude to officers, and I'm not gonna sweat drinking my coffee or anything.

I've seen people doing incredibly unsafe things while driving, people using chopsticks to eat, reloading their vape, crazy shit. My wife's car was rear-ended by a distracted idiot without insurance, so I had the pleasure of paying the deductible to get it fixed. I would be all for the law were it not for the high abuse potential.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Here's Evergreen's attorney preparing the school's response.

[youtube][/youtube]

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Interesting. If he wins, or even makes a good showing it might make colleges and universities realize they can't use white people as punching bags for frustrated ideologues looking for a scapegoat.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Doctor PZ Meyers (that's a PhD, not an MD) has decided that John McCain's cancer is terminal, he's definitely going to die very soon from it.

But I'm more interested in the last two paragraphs from this:

http://i.imgur.com/4paEXml.png

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meyers is a fucking moron. With, as we have sen before, no sense of his own failings. The fat little turd really does see himself as a physical and intellectual giant. Which cam first I wonder: did getting beaten up by Jocks cause him to assume the macho persona as self-defense for his psychological integrity, lest his mind fall apart completely, or did he already have the persona and it made him challenge the real tough guys?

Hey, Meyers, here's something for your headstone:

http://i.imgur.com/8XdoH1I.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Also from Meyers, bolding his.

http://i.imgur.com/6I0CvUI.png

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Interesting. If he wins, or even makes a good showing it might make colleges and universities realize they can't use white people as punching bags for frustrated ideologues looking for a scapegoat.
Since the employment laws are colorblind, I don't see how he should lose.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Also from Meyers, bolding his.

Where is the rape metaphor? I can't see it. All I see is metaphor about spelunking, or maybe drilling. You have to have a really dirty mind to see a rape metaphor in those lines.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Doctor PZ Meyers (that's a PhD, not an MD) has decided that John McCain's cancer is terminal, he's definitely going to die very soon from it.

Meyers is a fucking moron. With, as we have sen before, no sense of his own failings. The fat little turd really does see himself as a physical and intellectual giant. Which cam first I wonder: did getting beaten up by Jocks cause him to assume the macho persona as self-defense for his psychological integrity, lest his mind fall apart completely, or did he already have the persona and it made him challenge the real tough guys?

I hate to agree with Meyers, but I've worked in cancer clinics for the last 10 years and I've never seen anyone diagnosed with a glioblastoma survive long. I don't care if the surgeons say they got the whole thing. He has 2 years tops, 1.5 more likely. The good news-what little there is-is that with radiation therapy he can look forward to being mentally functional almost until the end.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Doctor PZ Meyers (that's a PhD, not an MD) has decided that John McCain's cancer is terminal, he's definitely going to die very soon from it.

Maybe PZ had a big brother who constantly bailed him outta trouble ???

Or maybe he was the Teachers Pet, who stood behind said teacher, and stuck his tongue out at the big boys. Of course, then he would get his ass kicked on the way home from school. Unless he stayed after every day to kiss teacher ass til his mommy came to pick him up

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

I heard that while John McCain was in a North Vietnamese POW camp, pubescent PZ was achieving his first orgasm to a Hanoi Jane poster hung in his room

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm not suggesting the Pit has a criminal element but just a tip.

If you ever have to go on the run announce, through your lawyer, that you have changed gender, so while the police are forced to announce that they are on the lookout for a 'woman' you can grow out your beard, or if you were afab you can put on your girliest dress while they look for a 'man'.

This worked for Ronnette Biggs and Lady Lucan.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Hunt wrote:Mohammad Noor has spoken. Wait for it...he feared for his life.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-offic ... 09978.html
http://freedomoutpost.com/wp-content/up ... 00x267.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The Lakemba Mosque is the largest here in Sydney and services the Lebanese community.

They have a series of short well produced pamphlets on Islam - including one on women.

http://www.lma.org.au/wp-content/upload ... lam_AW.pdf

The central thrust appears to be:

+ Mohammad brought relief to women freeing them from their horrible (8 century) lives.
+ Islam is better than Christianity because it doesn't teach that women delivered original sin
+ Women have full rights - to marry, inherit, contract etc
+ The only difference is that men get all the shit jobs

This appears to be blatant BS. Or have I missed something?
1) Mohammed brought so much relief to women by killing their husbands and forcibly marrying them, or by marrying them when they were six and then having sex with them when they were nine, by marrying them and spending their money, enslaving them and distributing them between his followers, etc. Other people at his times weren't much better than him, but this doesn't mean he was better than them.

2) No, islam only teaches that women are naturally submitted to men like men and women are naturally submitted to Allah. No biggie.

3) They have less right than men. They can't marry without their fathers' or tutors' approval, they inherit less than their male siblings, they have to require male permission (not necessary their husbands') to sign contracts, etc.

4) Men get the shit jobs outside of the house, women however get the shit jobs inside the house, and they better not leave it without permission, especially if they're not dressed in the "right" way, otherwise they can be whipped.
So the brochure, from Australia's leading and most respected mosque, would make Goebbels blush?

http://i.imgur.com/gZRV5W3.jpg

:think:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sophia 'I Blame The Crusades' Sadek sez Richard Dawkins is just like a nazi cuz he's an evolutionary biologist, which is pseudo-science.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3434863756

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The Lakemba Mosque is the largest here in Sydney and services the Lebanese community.

They have a series of short well produced pamphlets on Islam - including one on women.

The central thrust appears to be:

+ Mohammad brought relief to women freeing them from their horrible (8 century) lives.
+ Islam is better than Christianity because it doesn't teach that women delivered original sin
+ Women have full rights - to marry, inherit, contract etc
+ The only difference is that men get all the shit jobs

This appears to be blatant BS. Or have I missed something?
1) Mohammed brought so much relief to women by killing their husbands and forcibly marrying them, or by marrying them when they were six and then having sex with them when they were nine, by marrying them and spending their money, enslaving them and distributing them between his followers, etc. Other people at his times weren't much better than him, but this doesn't mean he was better than them.

2) No, islam only teaches that women are naturally submitted to men like men and women are naturally submitted to Allah. No biggie.

3) They have less right than men. They can't marry without their fathers' or tutors' approval, they inherit less than their male siblings, they have to require male permission (not necessary their husbands') to sign contracts, etc.

4) Men get the shit jobs outside of the house, women however get the shit jobs inside the house, and they better not leave it without permission, especially if they're not dressed in the "right" way, otherwise they can be whipped.
So the brochure, from Australia's leading and most respected mosque, would make Goebbels blush?

http://i.imgur.com/gZRV5W3.jpg

Sounds a lot like that Feminine Mystique bullshit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:I'm not suggesting the Pit has a criminal element but just a tip.

If you ever have to go on the run announce, through your lawyer, that you have changed gender, so while the police are forced to announce that they are on the lookout for a 'woman' you can grow out your beard, or if you were afab you can put on your girliest dress while they look for a 'man'.

This worked for Ronnette Biggs and Lady Lucan.
Suspect is a caucasian female in her early thirties, approximately 5'9", 265 lbs, with black, balding hair cropped short, and a five-o-clock shadow. Last seen wearing a sexy black mu-mu with spaghetti straps, red pumps, and running like a dying hippo desperately trying to hold in the Hersey Squirts. Approach with caution as suspect is believed to be armed with scathing vitriol and dangerous B.O.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Also from Meyers, bolding his.

Where is the rape metaphor? I can't see it. All I see is metaphor about spelunking, or maybe drilling. You have to have a really dirty mind to see a rape metaphor in those lines.
I love how cartomancer goes into a long, erudite discussion of what Bacon actually meant "in the Latin", only to realize at the end that he originally wrote in English and it was later translated to Latin. One thing about the horde I've always noted: They're all so eager to climb over each other to show how intelligent they are, they miss the most fundamental things.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Suspect is a caucasian female in her early thirties, approximately 5'9", 265 lbs, with black, balding hair cropped short, and a five-o-clock shadow. Last seen wearing a sexy black mu-mu with spaghetti straps, red pumps, and running like a dying hippo desperately trying to hold in the Hersey Squirts. Approach with caution as suspect is believed to be armed with scathing vitriol and dangerous B.O.
I have been here since the very beginning of the Pit. I have seen hilarity the likes of which you people wouldn't believe. Porridge wogs. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. A meltdown over ribbing about t-shirt prices. C-beams glittering in the dark. Some guy named gusto making Downfall clips about the bearded taint.

This was my first literal spit take.

You, err my keyboard, are so lucky the cocktail was done, and I had switched to water.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

[As Jerry Coyne says (?) there is no free will??]

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Are you Schented Nektär?

But I'm not a size queen, if that was what you were referring to.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_936d3dec wrote:[As Jerry Coyne says (?) there is no free will??]
So there is no free will?

Genetics are genetics. But I guess we could group and catagorize them into reasonable enough subgroups for their genetic combination.

From there we are looking at environment. A pity there is so much variability in environment. Now if we could just simplify and control the environment like a lab experiment, we should be able to start producing adults optimized for the characteristics we want most, say productivity. It might be a little rough at first, but the more we choreograph subject's lives the more we can narrow down and control the choices they will make and optimize them.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

So there is no free will?

Genetics are genetics. But I guess we could group and catagorize them into reasonable enough subgroups for their genetic combination.

From there we are looking at environment. A pity there is so much variability in environment. Now if we could just simplify and control the environment like a lab experiment, we should be able to start producing adults optimized for the characteristics we want most, say productivity. It might be a little rough at first, but the more we choreograph subject's lives the more we can narrow down and control the choices they will make and optimize them.
Apologies.

I was mostly just joking that while in Iran this woman loves the hijab, but outside of Iran on vacation she loves beer more. So why would this woman say she loves the hijab then? Because she doesn't have free will.

Maybe the Linda Sarsours et. al., should be shown that tweet and asked what it means to this woman when they say they wear a hijab out of their free will.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I just hope there are no consequences for her back in Iran.

And also that people of all cultures can appreciate a cold beer on a warm day.

feathers

Post by feathers »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
Are you Schented Nektär?
Dü bïst ümläütmäßïg äüsgëfördërt!

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:Just changing the radio station is more distracting than drinking in your car. People should really have better studies regarding distraction before passing stupid laws. I predict this law will have a negative impact in general. Of course, I can't be sure, but you will never get a Seattle resident to not drink coffee in their car. They will now be compelled to hide the drink resulting in even more distraction. This could also have the perverse affect of drivers being thirsty and hungry which affects driving performance. Fucking stupid.
If you've been driving so long that you're hungry, it's time for a break anyway. Seriously.

feathers

Post by feathers »

The official claim follows a litigation hold request sent out in early June, asking the school’s employees to retain and preserve all evidence that relates to the 2017 “Day of Absence;” the student-led protests on campus that took place during the last school year; and any records that relate to Weinstein, his wife, activist professor Naima Lowe, and administrator Rashida Love.
Is a "litigation hold request" binding, as in: can it be held against you if you destroyed potential evidence in the period from the request to the actual litigation?

Because if not, his dear colleagues will have memoryholed as much as they could by now, the bloody rats.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Oh wait, should have read further:
“Take note that the destruction or alteration of evidence is a felony,” the document added. “This demand is made in contemplation of litigation. Please promptly acknowledge receipt of this communication and confirm that you will comply.”
Not that this is going to stop them from pushing Weinstein a bit further under the tyres.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

feathers wrote:
If you've been driving so long that you're hungry, it's time for a break anyway. Seriously.
That reminds me of peoples stories on insurance claims - the classic being:

"I had been driving for over 30 years, when I fell asleep at the wheel"

I think there was a book of these published at some point - but I forget the title. I did find a Daily Mail article though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... abies.html

It's a warning to all to beware of badgers, babies and snails (amoungst other things).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Obviously I did not check the actuarial odds on that particular post causing pit death.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:The Washington state law says that people can be ticketed for eating or drinking IF it results in erratic driving. So you can sip your coffee without fear is it doesn't result in poor driving. My concern is that it will be abused by certain officers looking for an excuse. The law really gives a broad latitude to officers, and I'm not gonna sweat drinking my coffee or anything.

I've seen people doing incredibly unsafe things while driving, people using chopsticks to eat, reloading their vape, crazy shit. My wife's car was rear-ended by a distracted idiot without insurance, so I had the pleasure of paying the deductible to get it fixed. I would be all for the law were it not for the high abuse potential.
At least, with cars, it generally ends with bent metal and a scare. Not so much for us bikers when some fucker is checking their phone instead of the road. And people wonder why bikers are so cranky around cars.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Kirbmarc wrote:The absolutely worst choice of the "western" left, which is secular and ostensibly progressive, is to excuse the flaws of Islam, to celebrate its regressiveness (gushing for hijabs, saying that Islam is "feminist", supporting Muslim apologists like Sarsour or Aslan, etc.)

Regressive leftists are betraying their own ideals in order to appease to Islam. They're a disgrace and a liability to real progressives, and they're doing it just to be self-righteously smug.
Thanks for your views, I feel sometimes I read or see things and I need them fact checked by someone who's actually got some knowledge. And the only other Muslim I know is still well into that jam.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

THE Australian Army is hiring private “executive coaches” to teach its senior officers “self-awareness”, “emotional intelligence”, “cross-cultural competence” and “interpersonal maturity” in an effort to combat perceptions that they are too “authoritarian, assertive and angry”.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... Rq0jO-amOQ

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... SjjAUkTAWg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has a post up dealing with the details of masturbating turtles.

http://archive.is/PwUka

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Guest_936d3dec wrote: [As Jerry Coyne says (?) there is no free will??]
She said her scarf fell suddenly and the video was taken at that instant by an unknown person.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What about the fucking sunglasses on your fucking head, you lying shitbag! And the fucking beer?

Never trust anyone who signals their virtue. Muslims even more so.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

MarcusAu wrote:
feathers wrote:

I think there was a book of these published at some point - but I forget the title. I did find a Daily Mail article though:

It's a warning to all to beware of badgers, babies and snails (amoungst other things).
The mom of a childhood swim team friend had him pretend that he was going to puke, so that she could get out of a speeding ticket. Ahh, the innocent 1970s ... nowadays the cop would shoot both the mom and the kid for a stunt like that.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

deLurch wrote:
Really? wrote:And he spends so much time making prison sandwiches for the women's shelter before getting a $10 vegan burrito because she's a vegan. (One assumes.)
There is no chance on earth Muscato is vegan. Vegetarian is technically possible. But zero chance on Muscato being vegan. If there is any sense of vegetarianism in him, it is from the school of pz myers's lessons on how not to eat meat.
I think Danielle is a freegan - she seems to be able to get other people to pay for restaurant meals for her. If she's really as skint as she claims to be, there's no way she could afford to eat out at restaurants like that. Anyone with sense knows that it's almost always less expensive to prepare meals at home, at least in the US.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
THE Australian Army is hiring private “executive coaches” to teach its senior officers “self-awareness”, “emotional intelligence”, “cross-cultural competence” and “interpersonal maturity” in an effort to combat perceptions that they are too “authoritarian, assertive and angry”.
[img.]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... Rq0jO-amOQ[/img]

[img.]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... SjjAUkTAWg[/img]
When Indonesia invades us, and our army runs out of the trenches to hug them we will lose badly, and we will deserve it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

What was wrong with the old slogan?

“Join the Army, travel the world, meet interesting people and kill them”

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new ... _kill_them

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Greta has a post up examining how to function in a Nazi state.
If we’re going to have the strength to resist, we have to live our lives. We have to have some sort of routine: eating meals, going to work, playing games, paying bills. We have to put one foot in front of the other.
Folding resistance into our everyday lives lets us have “normal” lives in a fascist regime, without letting fascism become normal.
Greta suggests a number of FFI inspired guerrilla tactics:
Wear buttons and T-shirts, put bumper stickers on our cars, signaling our resistance. Participate in boycotts. Stay on top of the news.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... paEjPD2OnQ

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
[img.]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... Rq0jO-amOQ[/img]

[img.]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... SjjAUkTAWg[/img]
When Indonesia invades us, and our army runs out of the trenches to hug them we will lose badly, and we will deserve it.
Unleash Daryl:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... zGq9lcpgVW

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Indy's not been mentioned for a few days, lets hope he's not been left in the car....

http://i.imgur.com/JONnH8c.png

....and she found a 20 dollar babysitter

http://i.imgur.com/j1qYoGU.png

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

SO over the weekend I stayed with a friend who's new girlfriend is a bit of a feminist.

I've learnt enough to basically not engage, however at one point she was harping on about how "Islam is inherently more feminist than other religions".

Now obviously my instinct says this is bullshit, however what does everyone else think?

Maybe Kirb might have some insight...

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Greta has a post up examining how to function in a Nazi state.
If we’re going to have the strength to resist, we have to live our lives. We have to have some sort of routine: eating meals, going to work, playing games, paying bills. We have to put one foot in front of the other.
Folding resistance into our everyday lives lets us have “normal” lives in a fascist regime, without letting fascism become normal.
Oh ferchrissake, these wallflowered wankers have never even been arrested by the secret police, let alone been beaten up, let alone been tied to a rack with 200V through their genitals. Let alone been shipped off in a train.

feathers

Post by feathers »

DrokkIt wrote:SO over the weekend I stayed with a friend who's new girlfriend is a bit of a feminist.

I've learnt enough to basically not engage, however at one point she was harping on about how "Islam is inherently more feminist than other religions".

Now obviously my instinct says this is bullshit, however what does everyone else think?
Proper retort, "Ok, off to Riyadh with you then" (I'm afraid beautiful Aleppo has been invaded by secular pseudomuslims once more, so I'll have to revise my travel recommendations once more).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

DrokkIt wrote:SO over the weekend I stayed with a friend who's new girlfriend is a bit of a feminist.

Read and believe.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

She's the one making the claim, so she's the one who has to defend it.

Object lesson: I once almost bought a car from a businessman I knew. His motto was "Never talk first". I thought better and decided to pass.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Guest_936d3dec wrote: [As Jerry Coyne says (?) there is no free will??]
She said her scarf fell suddenly and the video was taken at that instant by an unknown person.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What about the fucking sunglasses on your fucking head, you lying shitbag! And the fucking beer?

Never trust anyone who signals their virtue. Muslims even more so.
To be fair he's probably trying to save her own ass.

Hypocrisy is commonplace in Islam, and the Honor Brigade is no exception, but in muslim theocracies being a hypocrite could earn you a jail sentence or a whipping.

Veils are for women to show their superiority over the "sluts", but deep down young and attractive women resent them. Old and unattractive women love them since they're good to take young and attractive women down a peg.

Ultimately veils are as much about female intrasexual competition as they are about a way to curb adultery and for husbands to keep their wives under control.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The typical pious muslim man wants his own wives and daughters veiled and sheltered from other people (in the case of his daughters until he finds them a suitable husband) but is fine with looking at other people's wives and daughters while they're not wearing a veil, unless of course the religious police or their husbands and fathers are around, or it's time to show their virtue. If they live in the "west" muslim men are like kids in candy store, and they can feel smugly superior to all those western idiots who allow their own wives and daughters to go around expose to other men. They can also feel envious and resentful of western men who have wives and girlfriends if they're single, and chalk it up to western women being "whores".

The typical pious muslim woman wants to show how much pious she is by wearing a veil, and is happy to keep other women veiled, especially if they're more attractive and young. She also wants to keep her daughters safe and ready for a suitable husband. If they live in the "west" muslim women are resentful and in part envious of western women, so many overcompensate by acting outraged at the "western whores", and of course aren't too happy that their husbands are exposed to so many temptations.

Ultimately muslim sexual morals make people bitter, miserable, petty, smug, entitled and resentful.

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
feathers wrote:

My favorite insurance claim happened when a guy driving along Lake Superior had his windshield smashed by a falling salmon. Apparently an osprey was flying across the road when it lost the grip on its meal and dropped it. Osprey fly with large fish in their talons looking a bit like a dive bomber with a torpedo.
download.jpg
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The core of islam is humiliating people and forcing them to waste and effort by praying five times a day, autistically repeating formulas after Mo's name, fasting, etc. The reward that islam gives to muslims is the smug feeling of being better than non-muslims, who are all lazy, depraved and weak idiots who can't keep up with the Superior Muslims. From submitting to god you acquire the strength of pride over other people and their disordered, worthless lives.