In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:The Complete D.R. & Quinch is available in PDF for five bucks today:http://www.drivethrucomics.com/product/ ... DR--Quinch
Something, something...oranges...something.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:The Complete D.R. & Quinch is available in PDF for five bucks today:http://www.drivethrucomics.com/product/ ... DR--Quinch
There's an exhibition of Judge Dredd artist John Higgins currently on at the Victoria Gallery & Museum in Liverpool.

http://vgm.liverpool.ac.uk/exhibitions- ... ond-dredd/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MarcusAu wrote:Something, something...oranges...something.
Used to have this t-shirt:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKtXgXiWgAArDKI.jpg

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Tigzy wrote: UK antifa are a hoot, if the ones I've encountered on social media are anything to go by. They all adopt an identikit 'gorblimey', sub Guy Ritchie 'Ow do you fancy your fuckin teeth in my fuckin fist you fuckin fash nonce!!' mockney attitude, in the hope of making you think you're dealing with a real villian - an effect usually offset by the word 'vegan' underneath the 'no parasan' when one takes a 'gander' at their social media profiles. Somehow, being a hardcase Vinny Jones type doesn't gel well with eating tofu and making sure your Doc Martens are vegetarian and ethically produced. Not saying it doesn't happen - just not as often as these 'proper geezer' antifa accounts would have you believe.

The funniest of these urban warriors I ever encountered was one who represented the antifa branch of some innocuous English town - can't remember if it was Welwyn Garden City or Tunbridge Wells, but it was along those lines. Not quite the hotbed of neo-nazi insurrection that you would generally think requires the kind of tasty, well-up-for-it boot boys of the left, but if little Tarquin wants to roleplay at being a well 'ard cockney revolutionary on Twitter, then I figure it's a more or less harmless pastime. Worth a few lulz to the rest of us, at least.
My, I had forgotten the authentic use of 'tasty' as an adjective indicating desirability of any sort. As the Commander might be induced to say, you've got me 'on the bone'.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

A question for the more military minded among us...

Does anyone know if the song 'Hitler has only just one ball' - aka 'Hitler has only got one ball' (sung to the tune of the Colonel Bogie march - if you are thinking of watching the 'Bridge on the River Kwai' any time soon) - has an official version? Or failing that - who does the best cover of it?

I've heard several versions - and the first one I heard did not have the second line 'The other is under Albert Hall' or make reference to his mother being a bugger.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

MarcusAu wrote:A question for the more military minded among us...

Does anyone know if the song 'Hitler has only just one ball' - aka 'Hitler has only got one ball' (sung to the tune of the Colonel Bogie march - if you are thinking of watching the 'Bridge on the River Kwai' any time soon) - has an official version? Or failing that - who does the best cover of it?

I've heard several versions - and the first one I heard did not have the second line 'The other is under Albert Hall' or make reference to his mother being a bugger.
Hitler Has Only Got One Ball (Wikipedia)
In his autobiography Fringe Benefits, writer Donough O'Brien says his father, Toby O'Brien, wrote the original in August 1939 as British propaganda.[1] Toby O'Brien was a publicist for the British Council at the time. This version started with the words "Göring has only got one ball", a reference to Göring's grievous groin wound suffered during the Beer Hall Putsch,[citation needed] and went on to imply that Hitler had two small ones.[1] In virtually all later versions, the positions are reversed. The statement that Himmler has "something sim'lar" appears in all versions. The final line of this original and some later forms ends with the word play that Goebbels had "no balls".
O'Brien's version of the song runs:[citation needed]

Göring has only got one ball
Hitler's [are] so very small
Himmler's so very similar
And Goebbels has no balls at all

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There we go proof positive if any one needs it that Kirbmarc is Alt-Right - he must be as he is an expert in Nazi bollocks.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote:A question for the more military minded among us...

[youtube][/youtube]

;)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Did they ever do anything with 'Kiss me Goodnight, Sergeant Major' ?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'm a bit behind (that's what she said! Oh... not really :()

Anyone watched the two seasons of the excellent UK TV show Utopia? Any thoughts?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Guest_4b8fe3c9 wrote:I was thrown out of a squat in 1998 by cunts like that. My crime? Bringing a delicious doner kebab home.

CaughtUpLockedOut
Why is that a problem? Was she wearing a headscarf?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

screwtape wrote:
Tigzy wrote: UK antifa are a hoot, if the ones I've encountered on social media are anything to go by. They all adopt an identikit 'gorblimey', sub Guy Ritchie 'Ow do you fancy your fuckin teeth in my fuckin fist you fuckin fash nonce!!' mockney attitude, in the hope of making you think you're dealing with a real villian - an effect usually offset by the word 'vegan' underneath the 'no parasan' when one takes a 'gander' at their social media profiles. Somehow, being a hardcase Vinny Jones type doesn't gel well with eating tofu and making sure your Doc Martens are vegetarian and ethically produced. Not saying it doesn't happen - just not as often as these 'proper geezer' antifa accounts would have you believe.

The funniest of these urban warriors I ever encountered was one who represented the antifa branch of some innocuous English town - can't remember if it was Welwyn Garden City or Tunbridge Wells, but it was along those lines. Not quite the hotbed of neo-nazi insurrection that you would generally think requires the kind of tasty, well-up-for-it boot boys of the left, but if little Tarquin wants to roleplay at being a well 'ard cockney revolutionary on Twitter, then I figure it's a more or less harmless pastime. Worth a few lulz to the rest of us, at least.
My, I had forgotten the authentic use of 'tasty' as an adjective indicating desirability of any sort. As the Commander might be induced to say, you've got me 'on the bone'.
You've not been keeping up with your mockney, son. 'Tasty' can also be an adjective indicating someone a bit handy with their fists, like. A bit woo-hoo, a bit wahey, a bit of a geezer in a ruck. A right proper sort, know what I mean? Chim-chiminey etc etc

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I'm a bit behind (that's what she said! Oh... not really :()

Anyone watched the two seasons of the excellent UK TV show Utopia? Any thoughts?
Where is Jessica Hyde? 8-)

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Tigzy wrote:You've not been keeping up with your mockney, son. 'Tasty' can also be an adjective indicating someone a bit handy with their fists, like. A bit woo-hoo, a bit wahey, a bit of a geezer in a ruck. A right proper sort, know what I mean? Chim-chiminey etc etc
Ta, but I don't need no mockney. First house I bought was in E15, and that night a knock came at the door. 'Wanna fridge? Fell off the backer lorry.' By morning we had a fridge, sofa, armchairs courtesy of Bill and Flo, Elmo and Rose. They though having a pair of med students in the road raised the tone, like, even if we were living in sin at the time.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

screwtape wrote:
Tigzy wrote:You've not been keeping up with your mockney, son. 'Tasty' can also be an adjective indicating someone a bit handy with their fists, like. A bit woo-hoo, a bit wahey, a bit of a geezer in a ruck. A right proper sort, know what I mean? Chim-chiminey etc etc
Ta, but I don't need no mockney. First house I bought was in E15, and that night a knock came at the door. 'Wanna fridge? Fell off the backer lorry.' By morning we had a fridge, sofa, armchairs courtesy of Bill and Flo, Elmo and Rose. They though having a pair of med students in the road raised the tone, like, even if we were living in sin at the time.
Gawblimey, that takes me right back so it does! Just so 'appen that I ad me a knacker's clunkle in a right two an eight back then, so when me an the crumpet strode all fallopian, like, down to the Ernie Proctor's, what goes and appens but a winkle in the toddy goes and falls right on his Khyber pass! Right proper fucking sort, heh. Meanwhile, old scrubber down the Arms gets a fankyou right on the dobbin, so that clunge slips the tip, smacks the monk and fair old clanged the ruddy mankle, so he did, lol!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I haven't a scooby.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote:I haven't a scooby.
Anyone who uses Scooby is indeed a fucking Mockney twat, proper Cockney is "I aint got a Danny"

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well not to put up too much of an argument - but I picked that up from my boss at work. Though he might be laying in on a bit thick for the tourists. My understanding may not necessarily be correct - ie a bit Pete Tong.

His pedigree is that his dad rather than he himself was born within the sound of bow bells. I think by the time he was born the family had moved out to Tilbury and he now lives in Essex (following the great East End migration of the 60s & 70s).

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote:Well not to put up too much of an argument - but I picked that up from my boss at work. Though he might be laying in on a bit thick for the tourists. My understanding may not necessarily be correct - ie a bit Pete Tong.

His pedigree is that his dad rather than he himself was born within the sound of bow bells. I think by the time he was born the family had moved out to Tilbury and he now lives in Essex (following the great East End migration of the 60s & 70s).

I'm a generation ahead, my Grandparents moved from Stepney to Kent, most of us down this way don't talk in rhyming slang, it's only ever used really in a jokey kind of way and anyone who over uses it is looked on as a bit of a prat.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Sargon Interviewing Maajid Nawaz

[youtube][/youtube]

That man is a sharp dresser.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

screwtape wrote:
I took riding lessons just north of E15, in Snaresbrook, when I lived in London. If you ever saw a poser in a Barbour Border being run away with across a golf course, it might have been me.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

MarcusAu wrote:
"Mind the oranges, Marlon!"

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

I miss the days when Alan Moore didn't take himself quite so seriously. Although I do love a good contrarian.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Anyone who uses Scooby is indeed a fucking Mockney twat, proper Cockney is "I aint got a Danny"
Danny = tranny, right?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Cnutella wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
"Mind the oranges, Marlon!"

I have the Titan Books purple jacket version of this from the 90s. It's the one with coloured artwork.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Cnutella wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Danny = tranny, right?
No, in this context I'm thinking Danny LaRue: clue. ("Sccoby Doo" = clue.)

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

https://preview.ibb.co/d23vXv/Screen_Sh ... _33_PM.png

Meyers sure is an unctuous little turd.

"Man,she's smarter than I am." He only ever says that kind of thing when he's talking about a woman or POC. Extremely patronising.

His link, by the way, is to TeenVogue. How fucking creepy is Myers that this would even enter his sphere of observation? The circumstantial evidence around this skeeve just keeps mounting.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz wrote:Here's some thrash in Te Reo Maori.

[youtube][/youtube]
Wow, thanks. Maori chest-thumping and metal chug, who could've expected that combo? Or that it would work brilliantly?

I checked out some of their other videos. The little bastards are tight. And young (15, 15, 17) :shock:

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:https://preview.ibb.co/d23vXv/Screen_Sh ... _33_PM.png

"Man,she's smarter than I am." He only ever says that kind of thing when he's talking about a woman or POC. Extremely patronising.

His link, by the way, is to TeenVogue. How fucking creepy is Myers that this would even enter his sphere of observation? The circumstantial evidence around this skeeve just keeps mounting.
Science, Nature, Cell, PNAS, TeenVogue-- those journals are on every scientists radar.

Lol I'm sure 'someone emailed the article to him' haha

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Shatterface wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:It's about time. Burn that stupid BLM shirt, Dave.

Where does a gal go to get a TARDIS dress?

http://imgur.com/rkUsjym.jpg

The only way Muscato would ever get into a dress is if it was bigger in the inside.
I wish someone would tell Muscato what the joke is. Cause they all seem to be laughing at something.

Reminds me of people who get their picture taken with a mentally handicapped person and have this idiot smile on their face like 'look at me I'm getting my picture taken with my idiot retard nephew. Ain't I great?"

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Size comparison between Bald Eagle and Turkey Vulture.
SAM_4792.JPG
(864.82 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Thanks for the tip. I will take a chance for $5.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MacGruberKnows wrote:I wish someone would tell Muscato what the joke is. Cause they all seem to be laughing at something.
Yes, they are smiling because of the novelty of taking a picture of a balding man in a Tardis dress. And yes he introduced himself as Danielle. But Muscato did make one correct assessment. It is that the people at a Dr. Who convention would find it quirky, but still accept him as he is. And that is all right.

And if Muscato wants to wear a dress, and call himself a woman, that is OK in my book too. There are a far number of worse things in the world than that.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:And if Muscato wants to wear a dress, and call himself a woman, that is OK in my book too. There are a far number of worse things in the world than that.
Aye, getting wasted and waking up next to the fat hobgoblin is one of them.

Not that I've ever done anything like that before...

Really?

Post by Really? »

deLurch wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:I wish someone would tell Muscato what the joke is. Cause they all seem to be laughing at something.
Yes, they are smiling because of the novelty of taking a picture of a balding man in a Tardis dress. And yes he introduced himself as Danielle. But Muscato did make one correct assessment. It is that the people at a Dr. Who convention would find it quirky, but still accept him as he is. And that is all right.

And if Muscato wants to wear a dress, and call himself a woman, that is OK in my book too. There are a far number of worse things in the world than that.
Thankfully, the US Army has gotten with the times and is telling soldiers of any of the 72 genders to be inclusive and accepting. They are finally living up to the real mission of the United States Army.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/us-army ... r-showers/
US Army Asks Female Soldiers to Accept ‘Transitioning Men’ With Male Genitalia in Their Showers
US military forces have instructed its servicewomen to “accept” having men who are “transitioning” and still have male genitalia in their showers.

Last year, the US Navy announced that its forces will undergo compulsory training on its new transgender policy and as recently as last month it was reported that the whole army is rolling out mandatory training on the subject.

According to the document “Tier Three Transgender Training” obtained by The Federalist, which was used in the training on the Army’s transgender policy, it lets transgender soldiers change their gender in the army’s personnel database without asking to undergo sex reassignment surgery.

As detailed in the PowerPoint presentation, a soldier can “initiate” their gender transition at any time, requiring medical diagnosis and care, while the gender transition is “complete” once the soldier “achieved stability in the preferred gender.”

Medical care, however, “often does not include surgical treatment,” according to the training material.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:Thankfully, the US Army has gotten with the times and is telling soldiers of any of the 72 genders to be inclusive and accepting. They are finally living up to the real mission of the United States Army.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/us-army ... r-showers/
US Army Asks Female Soldiers to Accept ‘Transitioning Men’ With Male Genitalia in Their Showers
US military forces have instructed its servicewomen to “accept” having men who are “transitioning” and still have male genitalia in their showers.

Last year, the US Navy announced that its forces will undergo compulsory training on its new transgender policy and as recently as last month it was reported that the whole army is rolling out mandatory training on the subject.

According to the document “Tier Three Transgender Training” obtained by The Federalist, which was used in the training on the Army’s transgender policy, it lets transgender soldiers change their gender in the army’s personnel database without asking to undergo sex reassignment surgery.

As detailed in the PowerPoint presentation, a soldier can “initiate” their gender transition at any time, requiring medical diagnosis and care, while the gender transition is “complete” once the soldier “achieved stability in the preferred gender.”

Medical care, however, “often does not include surgical treatment,” according to the training material.
That is my one point of contention with the some parts of the trans community.

Personally I feel that if you really desire to use women's or men's locker rooms or showers you need to show some real commitment and go get your genitals sliced & diced to match how you wish to be accepted. Anything less is just a fashion statement or a sexual fetish.

It is an easy line to draw in the sand that can be understood by all.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

That's some good humor

[youtube][/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

In all fairness, anybody can be "duped" into clapping for statements of a person they hate, because they either agree with said statements, or they feel peer pressured into doing so, or because they believe it is polite.

My carry away from that video is that political protest speeches are not so much about deep thought and introspection as they are about rallying the troops. So be careful about falling into the same trap.

And Hitler wanted to eliminate all smoking, so light up or else you are a fascist Nazi.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Problem with that delurch is that even if all transpeople wanted this...

A shit load of them now have been hormoned at an early age. It means MTF trans people can't transition their genitals because there's basically not enough to actually do a proper transition... as we see with that i am Jazz chick.

FTM genital transitioning is still pretty broken.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

@rayshaul, excellent counterpoint. I will consider that.

My ill formed counter thoughts are:
* Is it simply more difficult or impossible? Skin stretches. Doctors balloon out skin segments for grafting all of the time.
* Female to Male have a much more difficult time of slicing up a penis with less material. Yet it can still be done. It probably isn't very satisfying. But they are choosing to go against the grain.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

deLurch wrote:@rayshaul, excellent counterpoint. I will consider that.

* Is it simply more difficult or impossible? Skin stretches. Doctors balloon out skin segments for grafting all of the time.
* Female to Male have a much more difficult time of slicing up a penis with less material. Yet it can still be done. It probably isn't very satisfying. But they are choosing to go against the grain.
I think there's a point where a doctor will be like no mate I'm out this ain't worth it and I think that's going to be the case for a lot of people who hormoned early. Yes there's going to be new developments and new methods but I don't think we're at a point where when you balance out all the risks and the actual outcome this is going to have a benefit for everyone.

If you want an erection as a F2M you're gonna have a bad time. Looking online I also see about 25% chance of serious complications like clots or I don't know the penis falling off, infections, etc. These are really not the odds you want when someone's fucking about with your genitals.

Also looks like there's only a 78% you can wank yourself to orgasm after SRS. So that's fun too. And you know, you're sterilised fo' life. You can want to be a man or a woman but the sterilisation thing has really got to be a fucker that would make anyone maybe hold off until they've reached the point in their life where they're ready to make that decision.

I think the choice is here about having a pleasurable sex life, not having your cock fall off, and also a choice of waiting shit out to see if something better comes along. I mean by all means let's have this chat which would be fair enough, but we're not at the medical point at which there's not a shitload of valid reasons, beyond dysphoria or not wanting to suck this shit up, that it's really a fair line to draw.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

On the counterpoint...

If you've screamed at women for years about rape culture and all men being rapists, and people know that the rates of men raping women are around about the same as those who are transwomen raping women (I'ma point out here, it's all pretty fucking low, but that's none of my business), and then you say let's put transwomen in your bathroom... well I fucking get why people are upset about it. They've ridden a narrative of rape culture too far and now they can't turn that train around.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:

There might well be far worse things than that, at least superficially, or at first glance. But I think if you look a little deeper you might see that going along with that claim is simply pandering to the delusional - at best - which tends not to turn out very well. You probably don't have much truck with people insisting that, for example, "Jesus is Lord and Salvation is Just Around the Corner ...." [at Kelly's Bar ...] so I don't quite see why you'd put up with equally untenable and highly problematic claims from people like Muscato.

Philip Wylie in his Generation of Vipers (highly recommended - PDF on the net for those interested) had a general observation that seems entirely applicable to the case of transgenderism in particular:
Wylie wrote:All I shall suggest is that man — individual man — enlarge his attitude toward himself.

In order to do so most rapidly and effectively he should use the tool at hand: science. He should employ the scientific method for the purpose of studying himself and teaching himself what he learns about himself. He should apply logic and integrity to his subjective personality — just as he has done to the objective world. He would find that laws parallel to physical principles rule his inner life. He would find that truth cannot be escaped within, any more than it can be escaped without. He would learn that when he kids himself, or believes a lie, or deceives another man, he commits a crime as real and as destructive as the crime of deliberately running down a person with an automobile. [pg 15]
No doubt things like advertising are a bit of a grey area. But virtually the whole transcommunity seems in the business of kidding themselves, of believing lies, of trying to deceive other people. Hardly a modus operandi designed to win many friends - of more than the fairweather type - or to positively influence anyone for "the greater good" - such as it may be.

You may wish to take look at an old Michele Goldberg post in Slate:
The Trans Women Who Say That Trans Women Aren’t Women

Meet the apostates of the trans rights movement.

.... Yet [Helen Highwater] has come to reject the idea that she is truly female or that she ever will be. Though “trans women are women” has become a trans rights rallying cry, Highwater writes, it primes trans women for failure, disappointment, and cognitive dissonance. She calls it a “vicious lie.”

“It’s a lie that sets us up to be triggered every time we are called he, or ‘guys’ or somebody dares to suggest that we have male biology,” she writes. “Even a cursory glance from a stranger can cut to our very core. The very foundations of our self-worth are fragile.” ....
Can't see any good at all coming from being party to that delusion, to that "vicious lie", to that rather egregious crime.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:https://preview.ibb.co/d23vXv/Screen_Sh ... _33_PM.png

I don't think Myers really understood the point of the article. The author is criticising the undue focus over who created the meme, including CNN's investigation, as a distraction from criticising Trump. It's a gentle and moderate piece of criticism of the leftists obsession with "call-out culture", along with criticism of the media focus on a non-story like who created the meme.

Myers seems to think that thanks to the article people like him can feel smugly superior to anyone else in the media. Actually the outraged reaction of people like Myers over petty issues is one of the things which the author of the article (gently) criticises.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Question for Brits. We've been watching Last Tango in Halifax-husband is a bit of an anglophile so we watch a lot of shows like this, in fact I often wonder if his anglophilia made him become an Episcopal priest though he was raised Baptist, but I digress-anyway... I've been enjoying it, but I have to laugh because any time something dramatic or serious happens to one of the characters, another character has to put a kettle on. You could make a drinking game out of it; have a shot every time someone goes for the tea. Do Brits really reach for the tea like it's Xanax?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote:You probably don't have much truck with people insisting that, for example, "Jesus is Lord and Salvation is Just Around the Corner ...." [at Kelly's Bar ...] so I don't quite see why you'd put up with equally untenable and highly problematic claims from people like Muscato.
We're quick to slay Bigfoot in the 'pit, why not Fakeminge?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:Do Brits really reach for the tea like it's Xanax?
https://m.popkey.co/abf6c4/ZR90_f-maxage-0.gif

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

[youtube][/youtube]

Guest_eb63a49e

Post by Guest_eb63a49e »

I think it's fair to say that "I'll put the kettle on" is a pretty standard response in a wide variety of situations and crises.

CaughtUpLockedOut

feathers

Post by feathers »

Cnutella wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:Sargon Interviewing Maajid Nawaz

[youtube][/youtube]

That man is a sharp dresser.
He looks like a lawyer.

http://images0.tcdn.nl/binnenland/artic ... kowicz.jpg

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Wow. I thought the determinist Coyne comment a day or two ago was maybe lacking context or something, was I wrong:
As I always say, it’s easier to convince a diehard creationist of the truth of evolution than to convince a diehard atheist of the fact that our behaviors are determined, and that we can’t make alternative choices at a given moment.
I usually blow off William Craig Lane arguments about first cause = God (especially the Christian one) with 'nice classical physics argument for a quantum or maybe sub-quantum event. your argument is not well founded.' Has Coyne ever heard of quantum mechanics?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

[youtube][/youtube]

not to spoil the punchline - but nobody takes tea with sugar - well nobody worth mentioning anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Builder%27s_tea

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

deLurch wrote:@rayshaul, excellent counterpoint. I will consider that.

Well, that's a problem. As any good carpenter will tell you, you should always cut with the grain (shudder) :icon-mrgreen:

feathers

Post by feathers »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[.img]https://preview.ibb.co/d23vXv/Screen_Sh ... _33_PM.png[/img]
Myers wrote:
Lauren Duca wrote:CNN responded with an investigation into the creator of the video, thus totally missing the point, which was not who created the content, but the fact that it was officially disseminated by the White House.
We have to stop getting distracted by the alt-right noise machine and turn our attention directly to the root problem: the Trump regime itself.
Thus spoke the man who just let an entire humongous thread develop by goons wanting to take it out on the animation's creator, even banning someone who pointed out how wrong this is.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MarcusAu wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

not to spoil the punchline - but nobody takes tea with sugar - well nobody worth mentioning anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Builder%27s_tea
Of course not, you take it with sugar and a squeeze of lemon.

BTW, actually mentioned this today to one of the 7 or 8 Chinese guys I work with, if you are all such heavy smokers why the hell didn't your ancestors smoke tea leaves, why the hell did you have to wait for tobacco to come from the new world? They all smoke. Big time. Are you telling me that out of the milions of leaves and other shit you could smoke, only tobacco will suffice?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[.img]https://preview.ibb.co/d23vXv/Screen_Sh ... _33_PM.png[/img]
Myers wrote:
Lauren Duca wrote:CNN responded with an investigation into the creator of the video, thus totally missing the point, which was not who created the content, but the fact that it was officially disseminated by the White House.
We have to stop getting distracted by the alt-right noise machine and turn our attention directly to the root problem: the Trump regime itself.
Thus spoke the man who just let an entire humongous thread develop by goons wanting to take it out on the animation's creator, even banning someone who pointed out how wrong this is.
Yes, Myers is the kind of person criticised in the article. He doesn't seem to notice, though.

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Hope no pitters in British Columbia are near the forest fires, just seen a report on the news. Stay safe, shitlords.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Oglebart wrote:Hope no pitters in British Columbia are near the forest fires, just seen a report on the news. Stay safe, shitlords.
In fact, I hope nobody is near with the exception of trained firefighters.

Especially no bears.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote:You probably don't have much truck with people insisting that, for example, "Jesus is Lord and Salvation is Just Around the Corner ...." [at Kelly's Bar ...] so I don't quite see why you'd put up with equally untenable and highly problematic claims from people like Muscato.
We're quick to slay Bigfoot in the 'pit, why not Fakeminge?
Good question, though it seems they're different kettles of fish.

Bigfoot is supposedly a real being with quantifiable attributes that could be used to prove or disprove its existence. Being a man or a woman, particularly the latter, seems to be a matter of definition, and the standard biological one is based on the gamete produced: man = male human (produces sperm); woman = female human (produces ova). Which, of course, many people are unhappy with. Partly out of exasperation, I've suggested other ones which haven't exactly taken the world by storm: ;-)
wom•an (wo͝om′ən)
n. pl. wom•en (wĭm′ĭn)
1. A person who is weak in math, has an inordinate fondness for shoes, and turns on the waterworks at the drop of a hat (preferably with lace & feathers and a fetching yellow ribbon) ….