Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

shoutinghorse wrote:Silver van drivers?
Why do they all sport Afros?

(also, checking out on the news about this shit)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Breeeve - you might find this book interesting, at just under a Sov.

https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Relics- ... ub/p/12644
Ta :D - I just bought it. Looks like I have connect to a PC and play with iTunes to get it into my iPad kindle.

Should be a good adjunct to http://www.thirdreichruins.com which has been my latter day "After the Battle" fix.
There is also a kindle version. I can send you that if you want, since you bought the epub.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Bwhahahaha! I didn't even see the comment on the video before posting.

Terrorists: 1 - Jackson 5: 0

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Queenie visited the site of the tower block fire, with all the sycophants lining up to show their deference to the anointed one. She seemed quite confused about the whole affair. Why didn't the residents tell the government to refurbish the tower for them?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38025513

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

piginthecity wrote:
Za-zen wrote:I object to the bPE and demand a panel of consideration.

This whole surrender monkey thing is rooted in the French surrender of the forties. Another red white and blue flag streaked the whole way back across the channel untill there wasn't even any white left because of the shitstains. The only reason there was any arseholes left to create those shitstains, was the insane rearguard action fought by the surrender monkeys (and foreigners fighting under the surrender monkey flag).

I object! Object i say.
You object to the outcome of the second world war. Your lot lost.
Not sure who you mean by my lot. I'm not British.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Za-zen wrote:Queenie visited the site of the tower block fire, with all the sycophants lining up to show their deference to the anointed one.
In fairness to Her Highness, she had a hard act to follow.

'For I am the light and the way and none shall come to paradise but through me...'

http://i.imgur.com/r0QUC5v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iQcPBCX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EtHnlLF.jpg

You'd think he'd at least have conjured up some loaves and fishes for the poor sods.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Local government will be already looking at the upside of this. Now they've got rid of the local peasant infestation, they can sell the site to their mates to build luxury apartments complete with sprinklers for russian mobsters and their hookers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Suet Cardigan wrote:Wll, that's the Fascist Tit's Christmas present sorted out:

Well, if y'all want to club together and get me one for the fifth anniversary of the Pit, go ahead...

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tigzy wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Queenie visited the site of the tower block fire, with all the sycophants lining up to show their deference to the anointed one.

'For I am the light and the way and none shall come to paradise but through me...'

You'd think he'd at least have conjured up some loaves and fishes for the poor sods.
[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

I was reading about the White-supremacist Skittles on Jesebel and saw this.... and it made me laugh. so here goes.
vavjd9s0cq83ufoo7kyy.jpg
(48.83 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Ape+lust wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Let's see if she has a sense of humour.
HAHA! :D :dance:

She IS the giggly one in the hangouts. But then on her blog, she has the Zvan delusion of thinking she's dangerous, leaving crushed doodz in her wake. So, who knows?

Hey, remember Half Fish? I just tripped over her (his? I forget which) blog for the first time in years. She's still at it. Still grim, still bouncing from life crisis to life crisis, still hyper-obsessed with injustice.

She made some videos, and holy shit, she has the most intensely dead eyes and flat persona I've ever seen. I wouldn't stand near her unless she was frisked for knives first.

What is Cis?

Pro-life is Advocacy for Mass Murder

https://haifischgeweint.wordpress.com/
That's because they can't blink.
Half_Fish.jpg
(48.9 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The locals are getting restless.

Really?

Post by Really? »

shoutinghorse wrote:The locals are getting restless.
Why can't those people just understand that this is part and parcel of living in the big city?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Za-zen wrote:
piginthecity wrote:You object to the outcome of the second world war. Your lot lost.
Doesn't matter, she's your Queen too! God bless her.

this message sponsored by Bhurzum

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:RAMADAN IN THE WORKPLACE.

To go all day without food & drink is not only putting your health in peril but also those around you. Isn't it the duty of an employer to make sure the health and safety of all its employees is met? Every H&S course I've been on also highlighted that it is each individual workers duty to ensure safety to themselves and others. You going to trust that bus driver who has had nothing to eat or drink all day?

Ramadan should be banned on Health and Safety grounds.
Catholics & Mormons pull that no food thing all of the time. I am not so much worried about that lack of food for 12 hours as I would be about the lack of hydration & the consistent sleep deprivation. Especially if it comes to factory lines & heavy machinery.
Callista Flockhart filmed five seasons of Ally McBeal without eating.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

feathers wrote:
Za-zen wrote:
piginthecity wrote:You object to the outcome of the second world war. Your lot lost.
Doesn't matter, she's your Queen too! God bless her.

Lol, the serf mind is a wondrous thing! Can't wait till the old cunt kicks it, so we get to laugh at the balloon king charlie for a while. It's a crime they haven't been licensed out to a TV network.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Callista Flockhart filmed five seasons of Ally McBeal without eating.

I think she ate some dust in one episode.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+lust wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Let's see if she has a sense of humour.
HAHA! :D :dance:

She IS the giggly one in the hangouts. But then on her blog, she has the Zvan delusion of thinking she's dangerous, leaving crushed doodz in her wake. So, who knows?

Hey, remember Half Fish? I just tripped over her (his? I forget which) blog for the first time in years. She's still at it. Still grim, still bouncing from life crisis to life crisis, still hyper-obsessed with injustice.

She made some videos, and holy shit, she has the most intensely dead eyes and flat persona I've ever seen. I wouldn't stand near her unless she was frisked for knives first.

What is Cis?

Pro-life is Advocacy for Mass Murder

https://haifischgeweint.wordpress.com/
From one of Halfish's blog post:
White Veganism is a reference to mainstream veganism—which is, undeniably very white, narrow, one sided and ignores intersectionality. It aims to expose and erase the invisibility of oppression on other animal bodies to the masses, while simultaneously ignoring and being silent about the very visible injustice and oppression of black and brown bodies, femme bodies, or differently-abled bodies. Sometimes even utilizing the history of oppression on Black bodies and other oppressed groups as a tool to promote veganism.

free thoughtpolice

Za-zen wrote:Local government will be already looking at the upside of this. Now they've got rid of the local peasant infestation, they can sell the site to their mates to build luxury apartments complete with sprinklers for russian mobsters and their hookers.
They won't need sprinklers if they have enough Russian hookers. :rimshot:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

screwtape wrote:
That's because they can't blink.
Half_Fish.jpg
HAHAHA! :D

Maybe a big glass of water will help get those eyelids unstuck.

Maybe not.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Justice my arse .. leftist agitators

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tower blocks were a fuckup from the sixties, one that has unfortunately persisted. they should all be torn down, and decent social housing built. That isn't going to happen, because the cunt tories don't believe in social housing period.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Because Sticky Dicky can always be the punchline:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... 3365465054

John D

Post by John D »

Actually, the commentors on Jezebel are cracking me up. I think this is a real candy tin from years ago. haha....
rnpqwer4yjtmbga6zbpl.png
(650.81 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Callista Flockhart filmed five seasons of Ally McBeal without eating.

I think she ate some dust in one episode.
She puked it up between takes.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Za-zen wrote:Tower blocks were a fuckup from the sixties, one that has unfortunately persisted. they should all be torn down, and decent social housing built. That isn't going to happen, because the cunt tories don't believe in social housing period.

Yeah because Labours record on social housing between 1997 & 2005 was scintillating wasn't it!

An inconvenient truth.
https://fullfact.org/economy/who-built- ... ew-labour/

Guest_6d745865

Post by Guest_6d745865 »

"Labour" between 97 and 2010? I think you mean "New Labour", AKA Tory-Lite. Led for most of that time by one Tony Blair, a careerist with no conviction (other than the deep conviction that he should be very rich and president of earth if possible) who was all geared up to join the Conservative party until he hooked up with Cherie Booth and her family who were very well connected within Labour.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Za-zen wrote:Tower blocks were a fuckup from the sixties, one that has unfortunately persisted. they should all be torn down, and decent social housing built. That isn't going to happen, because the cunt tories don't believe in social housing period.

I think that the Ronan Point apartment block is of similar vintage to the Grenfell block. They (if that is the right pronoun) experienced a partial collapse due to a gas explosion - in 1968 - and then had to be demolished.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronan_Point

[youtube][/youtube]

All of which makes me wonder how many other tower blocks around the country are at risk.

I've not yet watched it - but there is a doc on youtube:

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

"New Labour", AKA Tory-Lite. Led for most of that time by one Tony Blair, a careerist with no conviction (other than the deep conviction that he should be very rich and president of earth if possible)
But at least he married the chubby girl who worked as his PA.

Oh, wait, that was Hugh Grant in LOVE ACTUALLY. Never mind.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This one is for all the horses and equss-kin out there...

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Callista Flockhart filmed five seasons of Ally McBeal without eating.
But she's chewing the scenery in Supergirl

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Employment aggravation.

I've been working for my current employer since 2001 (I think I'm institutionalised). For all but about six months of that, I've been "acting up" - filling various higher grade posts on a temporary basis. But because of government pressure on recruitment and staff numbers none of those posts are ever advertised permanently.

The job I'm currently in became temporarily available a couple of years ago, and a number of us at lower grades in the same department were invited to "express an interest". If more than one of us expressed an interest, there'd be an "informal" interview process to decide who got it. Three of us expressed our interest, the other two withdrew before interviews could be held, I got a walkover.

That position has now been eliminated in a new round of efficiencies. But another guy at the same grade got a promotion to another department, so his old position is now available on a temporary basis. Same procedure. Two of us express an interest and are given an interview date. Today. I do my interview, which is only marginally more informal than a regular interview, and wait to hear the outcome, reasonably confident in that I've been doing the job satisfactorily for two years, I recently interviewed for a post a grade higher and while I didn't get it, I did get a reserve, the line manager I report to is a fellow guitar geek and we get on well, and the only other candidate had the opportunity to go for it two years ago and didn't. Did I mention I hate interviews? I really hate interviews.

So anyway. I do the interview. Later this afternoon, my guitar geek line manager (who was one of the two interviewers) approaches me and says "did you know (other candidate) has withdrawn?" Apparently this happened a while ago, nobody told me, they made me go through an interview, and it's still not even a permanent position!

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/pe ... 0411035507

Anyway, the job's mine for now, it's essentially the same job I'm already doing, and there's no immediate danger of getting demoted and getting my pay cut. I could, theoretically, get busted all the way back down to an entry level clerical assistant if my employer decided to be really evil about it. But there are so many people in the organisation acting up or on secondment that if they tried returning everybody to their official grades it'd be absolute chaos. The public sector, ladies and gentlemen!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:

I think that the Ronan Point apartment block is of similar vintage to the Grenfell block. They (if that is the right pronoun) experienced a partial collapse due to a gas explosion - in 1968 - and then had to be demolished.

[poutube][/youtube]

All of which makes me wonder how many other tower blocks around the country are at risk.

I've not yet watched it - but there is a doc on youtube:

[boutube][/youtube]
Concretopia is a fascinating book:

It's available on the Kindle on .co.uk.

Owen Hatherly can also be interesting, but he has a lot of axes to grind as well...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote:

The Tower Block building of the 60's & early 70's was indeed a bad decision with very little or no forethought but at the time it was seen as the ideal way to re house people from slum clearance and the post war pre fabs that were still being lived in way past the original intention, my own great uncle and aunt weren't moved from their pre fab until 1977. Successive Govts. have failed for years to replace them with low rise social dwellings and to attach blame solely on the present Tory administration is extremely unfair. This tragedy is truly awful and quite rightly heads will undoubtedly roll but for Corbyn to now be trying to make political gain from it is quite frankly disgusting. Many of the London Boroughs and other areas in the UK where these Tower Blocks exist are run by Labour councils who are quite happy to flood them with migrants that their MP's keep telling us we must take.
But why let some little home truth's get in the way of the glorious revolution right? If there are any cunts here its Corbyn and his cabal of Marxist opportunists who are clearly stirring things for their own political ends.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

feathers wrote:Doesn't matter, she's your Queen too! God bless her.

http://iambusiness.weebly.com/uploads/5 ... 93.jpg?239

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

#NotMyQueen

And congrats Paddy, I guess.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: The Tower Block building of the 60's & early 70's was indeed a bad decision with very little or no forethought but at the time it was seen as the ideal way to re house people from slum clearance and the post war pre fabs that were still being lived in way past the original intention, my own great uncle and aunt weren't moved from their pre fab until 1977. Successive Govts. have failed for years to replace them with low rise social dwellings and to attach blame solely on the present Tory administration is extremely unfair. This tragedy is truly awful and quite rightly heads will undoubtedly roll but for Corbyn to now be trying to make political gain from it is quite frankly disgusting. Many of the London Boroughs and other areas in the UK where these Tower Blocks exist are run by Labour councils who are quite happy to flood them with migrants that their MP's keep telling us we must take.
But why let some little home truth's get in the way of the glorious revolution right? If there are any cunts here its Corbyn and his cabal of Marxist opportunists who are clearly stirring things for their own political ends.
Yes, well, Corbyn and his cronies might not want to stir too hard:
The old grey carrot has been notably quiet today, for some reason.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Concretopia is a fascinating book:

Owen Hatherly can also be interesting, but he has a lot of axes to grind as well...

I'll put Concretopia on my list.

Also, once again, youtube provides - here's an interview with the author done in new brutalist (as in 'brutally honest') Barbican estate in London.

[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Concretopia is a fascinating book:

I'll put Concretopia on my list.

Also, once again, youtube provides - here's an interview with the author done in new brutalist (as in 'brutally honest') Barbican estate in London.

[woutube][/youtube]
Actually, the term brutalist comes from French: béton brut, meaning bare concrete. There is nothing symbolic in the term - it's purely descriptive.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:Actually, the commentors on Jezebel are cracking me up. I think this is a real candy tin from years ago. haha....
rnpqwer4yjtmbga6zbpl.png
My father always had a matchbox-sized tin of those in his pocket. Tiny square hard liquorice candies to suck - very strong and not sweetened,

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I was sure that Jonathan Meades had done something on UK post war architecture and he probably has...

...but I got distracted by the Nazi's when I started looking...

[youtube][/youtube]

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:Concretopia is a fascinating book
Seconded. I picked it up after re-reading JG Ballard's High-Rise.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I used to read Owen Hatherley's blog frequently; I think it's gone now. He's from Southampton, where I lived for about 15 years.

Outside of his interesting writing on brutalism and social(ist) housing schemes, he's honestly a bit of a cunt. A classic British communism (in the Leninist/Marxist tradition) apologist, with some overt intellectual pretensions. Owen is that lad in sixth form that thinks he's better than everyone else and doesn't realise he's a hair's width from being Rik from The Young Ones.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

paddybrown wrote:Employment aggravation.

I've been working for my current employer since 2001 (I think I'm institutionalised). For all but about six months of that, I've been "acting up" - filling various higher grade posts on a temporary basis. But because of government pressure on recruitment and staff numbers none of those posts are ever advertised permanently.

The job I'm currently in became temporarily available a couple of years ago, and a number of us at lower grades in the same department were invited to "express an interest". If more than one of us expressed an interest, there'd be an "informal" interview process to decide who got it. Three of us expressed our interest, the other two withdrew before interviews could be held, I got a walkover.

That position has now been eliminated in a new round of efficiencies. But another guy at the same grade got a promotion to another department, so his old position is now available on a temporary basis. Same procedure. Two of us express an interest and are given an interview date. Today. I do my interview, which is only marginally more informal than a regular interview, and wait to hear the outcome, reasonably confident in that I've been doing the job satisfactorily for two years, I recently interviewed for a post a grade higher and while I didn't get it, I did get a reserve, the line manager I report to is a fellow guitar geek and we get on well, and the only other candidate had the opportunity to go for it two years ago and didn't. Did I mention I hate interviews? I really hate interviews.

So anyway. I do the interview. Later this afternoon, my guitar geek line manager (who was one of the two interviewers) approaches me and says "did you know (other candidate) has withdrawn?" Apparently this happened a while ago, nobody told me, they made me go through an interview, and it's still not even a permanent position!

https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/pe ... 0411035507

Anyway, the job's mine for now, it's essentially the same job I'm already doing, and there's no immediate danger of getting demoted and getting my pay cut. I could, theoretically, get busted all the way back down to an entry level clerical assistant if my employer decided to be really evil about it. But there are so many people in the organisation acting up or on secondment that if they tried returning everybody to their official grades it'd be absolute chaos. The public sector, ladies and gentlemen!
We have the acting up thing too. People spend years in temporary positions - even training other people up to take over their job on a permanent basis.

I hate this stuff. If you are doing the job well for long enough you should be given that job permanently without an interview. You have already proven you can do the job - why should you have to convince someone else by trotting out meaningless buzzwords and nodding enthusiastically to somebody who doesn't understand that job?

And if you aren't competent to do the job permanently you shouldn't be doing it for months either.

You probably have regular one to one meetings with your line manager in order to justify your existence too.

A lot of what I do currently is IT support in an office full of people who can't re-size the columns in an Excel spreadsheet. I find myself having to explain what I have done to somebody who then grades my performance despite not understanding a damn word that I have just said.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

In the US there was the Pruitt-Igoe housing development, subject of a documentary film, and also the scenes of building demolition in Koyaanisqatsi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruitt%E2%80%93Igoe

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

Lsuoma wrote:
Concretopia is a fascinating book:

For a viewpoint further removed Seeing like a State as reviewed on Slate Star Codex. Additional discussion (although not architecture) here.

Concretopia is added to reading list. Thank you.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sulman wrote:I used to read Owen Hatherley's blog frequently; I think it's gone now. He's from Southampton, where I lived for about 15 years.

Outside of his interesting writing on brutalism and social(ist) housing schemes, he's honestly a bit of a cunt. A classic British communism (in the Leninist/Marxist tradition) apologist, with some overt intellectual pretensions. Owen is that lad in sixth form that thinks he's better than everyone else and doesn't realise he's a hair's width from being Rik from The Young Ones.
More blunt than I am, you are.

But he's worth reading a couple of times to see what Leninism/Marxism looks like in a modern British idiom.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs is an oldie but a goodie - highly recommended and still relevant today. Not about tower blocks or housing projects specifically, but urban planning in general.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Hatherly has an article about Grenfell:

https://www.dezeen.com/2017/06/16/grenf ... m=referral

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tigzy wrote:Yes, well, Corbyn and his cronies might not want to stir too hard:
The old grey carrot has been notably quiet today, for some reason.
Well, that makes Teresa May's response incredibly easy.

And here is a political protest banging away at Teresa May & the Torries demanding answers for how they fucked up.

[youtube][/youtube]

Politicizing it is a mistake. Because you get political answers & political solutions instead of real answers & real solutions.

If you want answers, it looks like the the news media might be the first ones to dig up the answers. One the flip side, quickly into that protest video, there was one person bringing up highly flammable plastics that was allegedly brought to the attention of government officials before this fire. The guy said those plastics were already banned in many other nations. He seemed to be implying they were used in the construction of the apartments. It is at the 3:30 mark in the video. Guy in black vest & black cap with megaphone. Maybe he is talking about the external cladding.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

LOL. "This is corporate genocide." Damn those corporate non-profits.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

BarnOwl wrote:The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs is an oldie but a goodie - highly recommended and still relevant today. Not about tower blocks or housing projects specifically, but urban planning in general.
Yeah, second that, there have been lots of books around those topics since, but it's a great read, written with passion and a sense of discovery.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Shatterface wrote: A lot of what I do currently is IT support in an office full of people who can't re-size the columns in an Excel spreadsheet.
Tell me about it.

This month has been hell. Part of what I do is produce performance statistics by analysing raw data in Excel, using fairly simple functions like AutoFilter. We've had somebody join the team one grade above me, and I've had to, while producing the stats, show her how I do it. Which means something that usually takes me two or three days has taken me most of two weeks, because I have to explain everything to her from first principles, right down to copy and paste, and there's a limit to what anyone can take in in a single session. Meanwhile I'm having to make excuses to all the people I referred to in my interview as "internal and external stakeholders" as to why things are running a bit slower than usual this month.

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
If you want answers, it looks like the the news media might be the first ones to dig up the answers. One the flip side, quickly into that protest video, there was one person bringing up highly flammable plastics that was allegedly brought to the attention of government officials before this fire. The guy said those plastics were already banned in many other nations. He seemed to be implying they were used in the construction of the apartments. It is at the 3:30 mark in the video. Guy in black vest & black cap with megaphone. Maybe he is talking about the external cladding.
My understanding is that the polyurethane foam used as insulation in the cladding was the culprit, along with having an airspace behind it. Apparently it is highly flammable and has been used with perchlorate to make solid rocket fuel.
https://foursevenfive.com/reason-foam-f ... re-hazard/

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Tigzy wrote:

Blessed are the refrigerators of peace.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

deLurch wrote: Well, that makes Teresa May's response incredibly easy.
If recent events have taught us anything, it's this: never underestimate Theresa May's ability to make a pig's ear out of things which ought to be easy.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

paddybrown wrote:
Shatterface wrote: A lot of what I do currently is IT support in an office full of people who can't re-size the columns in an Excel spreadsheet.
Tell me about it.

This month has been hell. Part of what I do is produce performance statistics by analysing raw data in Excel, using fairly simple functions like AutoFilter. We've had somebody join the team one grade above me, and I've had to, while producing the stats, show her how I do it. Which means something that usually takes me two or three days has taken me most of two weeks, because I have to explain everything to her from first principles, right down to copy and paste, and there's a limit to what anyone can take in in a single session. Meanwhile I'm having to make excuses to all the people I referred to in my interview as "internal and external stakeholders" as to why things are running a bit slower than usual this month.
There are some advantages of being the only person in the office who knows what I am doing.

Since most of the others are doing similar jobs to each other their performances can be measured against each other.

The only thing they can rank my performance against is my own previous performance, and because they are almost entirely mathematically illiterate I can get away with saying shit like 'Although I did less work this month you'll notice from this graph that across the year I actually exceeded my median performance 50% of the time...'

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Found another lecture on modern architecture. This one comes from Gresham College - who regularly hold free lectures on a wide range of subjects and then make them available to the public.

You can find Gresham College on youtube or download lectures directly from their website.

https://www.gresham.ac.uk/lectures-and- ... st-war-era

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]