Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:With fighting forest fires, the water spreads out as the helicopter flies over. So I'm thinking it wouldn't be a stationary dump of water on top of the building, but rather a rapid flyover and release, so that most of the water hits the face of the building, at least for the upper floors. Am I way off with my physics? I've seen quite a few helicopter bucket drops over wildfires in the Colorado Rockies, and also watched them scooping up water from small lakes.
So, fly at a building with a tethered bucket attached to the chopper, take a run at the building and hope that your judgement is good enough not to have that tethered bucket slam into the building.

Not to mention, I am not sure how many forest fires England has, and if they have a crew trained to that in a crowded skyline.
Also smoke and turbulences from the dire can create a plot of problems for helicopters in a urban setting. They tried to set up a helicopter rescue/fire fighting mission surfing 9/11, bit decided against it because it was deemed too risky for the helicopter and the buildings.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Military helicopter pilots are crackerjack - train them to do the bucket firefighting. Many of the reports so far indicate that the cladding on Grenfell Tower was spreading the fire, so it seems like hitting that with water might have helped for the upper floors, where firehoses couldn't reach.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Kirbmarc wrote: Also smoke and turbulences from the dire can create a plot of problems for helicopters in a urban setting. They tried to set up a helicopter rescue/fire fighting mission surfing 9/11, bit decided against it because it was deemed too risky for the helicopter and the buildings.
Rescue from a rooftop is much more dangerous, since no one can jump like James Bond and grab onto the struts - the helicopter has to hover for awhile. If you look at the photos of the Kensington fire, there's a lot of open air space around the building.

Obviously none of this will help anyone in the current situation. I'm just throwing out some ideas. Some smart people need to figure these things out.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I'm not wedded to any of these ideas - please knock them down, and then add your own! I'm not even an engineer or urban planning expert, just a dumb cancer researcher. But I think everyone would agree that these problems need solution, and that they're more important than inventing new pronouns or venues for oppression.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

So, any words on who shot those republicans at the stadium?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Based on my living arrangements...

Access to the roof is restricted - so would not be available in the middle of the night.

Also I suspect there will an internal memo sent round to the occupants in my block soon - as we were also re-clad just last year.

Jings! - fingers crossed - London (and England...and everyone really) is due a period of calm. Here's hoping that no one tries to up the ante to generate publicity for whatever shitty cause.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:New from Surly Amy: This is Not the Land of the Free.

Print, $20. Misapprehension of Magritte included.

http://imgur.com/8cQT6jy.jpg
La terre?

John D

Post by John D »

BarnOwl wrote:I'm not wedded to any of these ideas - please knock them down, and then add your own! I'm not even an engineer or urban planning expert, just a dumb cancer researcher. But I think everyone would agree that these problems need solution, and that they're more important than inventing new pronouns or venues for oppression.
There is a simple, reliable, and tested solution. A building of this size should have a sprinkler system. This building was recently refurbished for several million pounds. It should have had sprinklers installed. This building sounds like a bit of a death trap. There was no real plan to handle a fire in this building. Really horrible. I am choked up just reading the stories from the survivors. It is shocking to see this kind of thing in 2017 in a big western city. A tragedy and a shame.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So, any words on who shot those republicans at the stadium?
Was it the UVF?

John D

Post by John D »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:So, any words on who shot those republicans at the stadium?
Nothing yet from the states that I can see. This will turn into a pro-gun story, which will be interesting to watch. The congressmen are all saying they were saved because security quickly returned fire.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Yeah, allegedly a chubby white guy. Which means Peez will be all over it like he wasn't with recent Muslim atrocities, chiding us who are crestfallen without a Muslim to blame.

feathers

Post by feathers »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The building was shit, badly maintained, and the moron owner had a strict "in case of fire, stay put until told otherwise" policy. This was more a slum than a normal building.

Word is spreading of at least 50 dead and more than 30 injured. This is horrifying.
Reports now of an exploding fridge being the cause :?
You have to keep them bomb vests somewhere.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ape+lust wrote:
Yeah, allegedly a chubby white guy. Which means Peez will be all over it like he wasn't with recent Muslim atrocities, chiding us who are crestfallen without a Muslim to blame.
Well, obviously, unless it turns out chubby white guy was a member of Myers' ingroup. Say, antifa or BLM or some such...

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

We can look forward to articles about how the firefighter's actions support the patriarchy by reinforcing masculinist assumptions about gender.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

BarnOwl wrote:Military helicopter pilots are crackerjack - train them to do the bucket firefighting. Many of the reports so far indicate that the cladding on Grenfell Tower was spreading the fire, so it seems like hitting that with water might have helped for the upper floors, where firehoses couldn't reach.

I found this.

[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Well, obviously, unless it turns out chubby white guy was a member of Myers' ingroup. Say, antifa or BLM or some such...
Current rumor is that the shooter asked someone if the people on the field were Republican or Democrats. When he was told they were Republicans he started shooting. This could just be a rumor however.... but... the Reps were shot.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Could also be a false flag... :o

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Hell freezes over: The NYT publishes a piece attacking the 'cultural appropriation' craze: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/opin ... ation.html

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Well, what are Dads for, other than being adorably embarrassing in a Trump-loving, Muslim-slagging sort of way?

:lol: :lol:

http://imgur.com/TLlsfS3.png

http://imgur.com/Y7eebL5.png

http://imgur.com/nwZDZBL.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:Well, what are Dads for, other than being adorably embarrassing in a Trump-loving, Muslim-slagging sort of way?

:lol: :lol:

http://imgur.com/TLlsfS3.png

http://imgur.com/Y7eebL5.png

http://imgur.com/nwZDZBL.png

I had :nin: 'ed you a few pages ago :bjarte:

Anyway since the guy is Armenian I can understand why he'd have a bone to pick with islam, especially with the Ottoman Empire, or Turkey.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

http://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/An ... 255145.jpg

Anita doesn't look really happy in this pic, to be fair.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sulman wrote:Hell freezes over: The NYT publishes a piece attacking the 'cultural appropriation' craze: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/opin ... ation.html
[img]The%20accusation%20of%20cultural%20appropriation%20is%20a%20secular%20version%20of%20the%20charge%20of%20blasphemy.%20It’s%20the%20insistence%20that%20certain%20beliefs%20and%20images%20are%20so%20important%20to%20particular%20cultures%20that%20they%20may%20not%20appropriated%20by%20others.[/img]

Kenan Malik.

He's one of the most consistently rational writers on race and Islam. His book on the Rushdie affair is definitive.

I follow his blog, Pandemonium.

https://kenanmalik.wordpress.com

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:I had :nin: 'ed you a few pages ago :bjarte:

Anyway since the guy is Armenian I can understand why he'd have a bone to pick with islam, especially with the Ottoman Empire, or Turkey.
Uh-oh. S'alright, it's worth a repost. Not as funny as Peez raising a Libertarian Army Captain, but still good for a chuckle :D

some guy

Post by some guy »

deLurch wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:Reports now of an exploding fridge being the cause :?
I have never heard of a fridge exploding in my life. ...
Here's one: [youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:I had :nin: 'ed you a few pages ago :bjarte:

Uh-oh. S'alright, it's worth a repost. Not as funny as Peez raising a Libertarian Army Captain, but still good for a chuckle :D
Nah, no prob, you added more content. Yeah, it's some funny trivia.

Although it makes Anita look very disingenuous when she peddles her narrative that "islamophobia" being all about race, since her own father isn't a WASP/white supremacist/Evil White but he's still pretty anti-islam nonetheless, for far more complex reasons than "hating brown people".

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote:http://memestatic.fjcdn.com/pictures/An ... 255145.jpg

Anita doesn't look really happy in this pic, to be fair.
Her family looks great... Armenian right? I would get along smashingly with her family... and we could all make jokes about her together. Haha.

John D

Post by John D »

The shooter at the GOP congressional baseball practice this morning is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., according to law enforcement officials. Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home inspection business, but his home inspection license expired in November 2016 and was not renewed, state records show.

Hodgkinson was charged in April 2006 with battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle, according to online records in St. Clair County, Ill. The charges were dismissed, records show.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/20 ... f4406fba1f

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote:
The shooter at the GOP congressional baseball practice this morning is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., according to law enforcement officials. Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home inspection business, but his home inspection license expired in November 2016 and was not renewed, state records show.

Hodgkinson was charged in April 2006 with battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle, according to online records in St. Clair County, Ill. The charges were dismissed, records show.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/20 ... f4406fba1f
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... bb325770bb
Orear described Hodgkinson as a “quiet guy” who was “very mellow, very reserved” when they stayed overnight at the home of a Sanders’s supporter in Rock Island, Ill., after canvassing for the Vermont senator.

“He was this union tradesman, pretty stocky, and we stayed up talking politics,” he said. “He was more on the really progressive side of things.”

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

New from Surly Amy: This is Not the Land of the Free.

Sadly, she will not be sued for violating Magritte's IP, which is too bad, as such as suit is required to really build a Magritte like meaning into her piece.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

bbc com/news/world-europe-40273273
French equality minister Marlène Schiappa ridiculed for Paris no-go visit

When France's new Sexual Equality Minister Marlène Schiappa visited an area of northern Paris notorious for women being harassed on the street, it seemed a good idea.

That was until she publicised her under-cover trip on Twitter with photos designed to show there were no "no-go areas for women" in France.
Critics accused her of staging the visit and playing down the problem.

Her photos were quickly deleted and were blamed on a public relations slip.

However, French media had already captured the pictures, which showed Ms Schiappa walking alone in a dress past a group of men on a central street in the north-eastern area of La Chapelle-Pajol.

Accompanying the images was the message: "The Republic's laws protect women and apply every hour of the day and everywhere."

Ms Schiappa is new to national politics and one of President Emmanuel Macron's rising stars from civil society. Before joining his centrist party, she was best known for setting up a network of working mothers and was deputy mayor of the city of Le Mans.

Last month, La Chapelle-Pajol hit the headlines when local women took to the streets to protest that their area was becoming a no-go area for women.

A group, SOS LA Chapelle, launched a petition under the title: "Women, an endangered species in the heart of Paris." They said the main square and nearby streets had become men-only zones.

Paris authorities have acknowledged the "strong feeling of insecurity" in the area, amid complaints of drug-trafficking and pickpocketing, as well as intimidation and harassment.

With France in the midst of an election campaign, the issue became political and critics suggested that the campaign had become caught up in anti-immigrant sentiment. The area has a large immigrant population and Porte de la Chapelle, a short distance away, has become home to migrants living outside in poor conditions.

'She demands a medal'

After the photos were taken down, her office issued a statement (in French) setting out the local groups Ms Schiappa had met and detailing her efforts to tackle sexual discrimination in La Chapelle. She had visited the area anonymously on Monday and would return at a later date.

Centre-right politician Pierre Liscia was unimpressed, complaining of an "appalling attitude" that treated local women with contempt and ridicule. The only point of her night-time visit had been to show that nothing was wrong in the district.

A number of others took to social media to criticise the minister's trip.

"Marlène Schiappa walks around for five minutes in Pajol without being harassed and demands a medal," one person wrote on Twitter.

"Her mistake was to tell everyone who felt attacked and insulted that they'd dreamt it all up," complained another.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spike13 wrote: i would imagine that police horses are treated as police dogs, if you assault one , they treat it as if you struck a human officer. does antone know of this is correct?
Yes.

feathers

Post by feathers »

BarnOwl wrote:This brings up one of my pet peeves, about SJW students and their effing useless grievance studies and "rhetoric" degree programs. If you want to do something to help people, study practical subjects. Engineering, sciences, urban planning, architecture, medicine. Figure this shit out. How to fight fires in high rise buildings, or better yet, prevent them altogether. Develop safer building materials. Make sure there's access for emergency services in all parts of the city. Work as a first responder. Develop better ways to treat burn patients and rehabilitate the injured. Get trained to help people with PTSD. etc. etc.
Stop being so bloody reasonable!

Also, why not get a law degree and use half your time to become a really effective pro-deo lawyer to defend people like the Grenfellians who seem to have been fighting their landlords for ages?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Dogs and horses are a much better way of dealing with truculent crowds than than the US favorite of pepper spray. Look at all the videos online, they're fucking brilliant at bringing the hardest nuts to peacefulness in very short order.
They use exclusively bay horses so as to create a visual of a solid wall, then move slowly in formation. Aside from psychos like Shinehead, most people instinctively shy away from that.

I knew one gal who did mounted private security. She was working a concert and the natives got restless, started throwing shit at the horses & wouldn't let her pass. So she just walked her horse up & over the front hood of a parked car. Fucking inspired, that.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote:That's fucking awful. It would seem bad design and building standards for a building like that to be so vulnerable to fire.
Thank you, Bauhaus!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:We could've fed a village. Instead, we got this.
Subverting the subject position : toward a new discourse about students as writers and engineering students as technical communicators
Roxane Gay, Michigan Technological University
Date of Award

Doctor of Philosophy in Rhetoric and Technical Communication (PhD)
Department of Humanities

Abstract
There is ample evidence of a longstanding and pervasive discourse positioning students, and engineering students in particular, as “bad writers.” This is a discourse perpetuated within the academy, the workplace, and society at large. But what are the effects of this discourse? Are students aware faculty harbor the belief students can’t write? Is student writing or confidence in their writing influenced by the negative tone of the discourse? This dissertation attempts to demonstrate that a discourse disparaging student writing exists among faculty, across disciplines, but particularly within the engineering disciplines, as well as to identify the reach of that discourse through the deployment of two attitudinal surveys—one for students, across disciplines, at Michigan Technological University and one for faculty, across disciplines at universities and colleges both within the United States and internationally. This project seeks to contribute to a more accurate and productive discourse about engineering students, and more broadly, all students, as writers—one that focuses on competencies rather than incompetence, one that encourages faculty to find new ways to characterize students as writers, and encourages faculty to recognize the limits of the utility of practitioner lore.
http://digitalcommons.mtu.edu/cgi/viewc ... ntext=etds
Wait, this is the topic of an entire 4-year PhD program?
What part of "Department of Humanities" don't you get?

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Also, why not get a law degree and use half your time to become a really effective pro-deo lawyer to defend people like the Grenfellians who seem to have been fighting their landlords for ages?
This is a great idea, but don't forget a lot of SOCJUS is already fucking up the law in the form of Critical Race Theory, as well as in good old feminist lawyers who have instilled 1:5 nonsense, nonsense about police finding and arresting the "primary aggressor", who is likely to be the male victim of the "poor battered woman" who the cops found hitting him, calls for courts not to sentence women to jail, calls against courts that award custody to fathers, and recently calls for courts to adopt the affirmative assent standard now used in colleges.

That said, we need more lawyers focused on defending the civil rights of all people.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hell, I just instinctively tried to take a red pen to my computer screen.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: I'm reminded of the Irishman who started a fire when attempting to make gold.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 71404.html
It was worth giving it a try.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

feathers wrote:Also, why not get a law degree and use half your time to become a really effective pro-deo lawyer to defend people like the Grenfellians who seem to have been fighting their landlords for ages?
Or become a journalist who focuses on shedding light on important issues like landlords who screw over their tenants instead of focusing on what Katy Perry can or cannot wear or which video games show Bat-asses or why gamers are evil or which of the 567766 genders can call the other 567765 oppressive or which UVA girl has a compelling story about sordid dealings with no evidence to back her up or why Wonder Woman is sexist.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Compare and contrast with this recent article:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCS2YmEWAAAAG2R.jpg:large

The level of political polarization in the US has produced calls for violence. Now there's violence. Time to dial back on the calls for violence, I think.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Let's be clear on this:

I'm not saying that as a movement critics of Trump are responsible for what's happened. I'm a critic of Trump myself.

I'm not saying that as a movement people on the left are responsible for what's happened. I'm a leftist myself.

I'm not even saying that people on the left who called for violence ("Punch a Nazi!") are legally or socially responsible for what's happened. They are, however, part of the inflammatory atmosphere that leads to things like this, just like people on the right who call for violence or promote insanity.

I'm not saying to anyone to stop criticizing, or mocking, or satirizing, or even insulting Trump. I've done it myself and I will continue oding it. But please, please to everyone: start being more like Bernie Sanders in his tweet and less like Jesse Benn in his article. Stop preaching violence for political means. Stop believing that the response to Donald Trump, or Alex Jones, or the "alt-right" is violence.

Stop the "punch a nazi!" nonsense. This kind of violence is the last thing the US need, and so the last thing the world needs.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

New Shoe vid about Anita and her Islamophobia bullshit:

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The shooter was a Berniebro that was just punching nazis, so I'm sure PZ and friends will support his actions.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:Already getting reports of lifts not working, that would be fairly standard from every Tower Block I've ever been to. Also many Muslims living there and some would have been cooking for Ramadan before dawn broke. Fucking Ramadan again. :roll:
Up, awake and cooking for Ramadan? Grease cooking fire?
I was wondering if this couldv'e been terrorism, because how hard would it be to set buildings on fire in the middle of the night? I'm guessing they wouldn't set fire to one containing many muslims unless they were the wrong kind of muslim.

katamari Damassi

KenD wrote:
Guest_440911e7 wrote:BBROYGBIV.
phillymag com/g-philly/2017/06/08/philly-pride-flag-black-brown/#u8BvoskVebMgI0qK.99
To recognize and celebrate with the BBLGBTQUIAAA community, Philadelphia has rolled out a new Pride flag.
This was probably a good compromise until it's finally decided to kick G out of the LGBTQUIAA as well as the cis white LBs.
I assumed the black and brown stripes were there to finally show support for necrophiles and coprophiliacs. But no, those minority groups within the LGBTQQUIAAAAXCMTGGLLAAIO community are still being oppressed and excluded.
:roll:
I'm really hoping this doesn't catch on. I've seen some push back on it, but it's virtue signaling is too easy to pass up.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

That flag should have one stripe for each of the 57 genders.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Kirbmarc wrote:Let's be clear on this:

I'm not saying that as a movement critics of Trump are responsible for what's happened. I'm a critic of Trump myself.

I'm not saying that as a movement people on the left are responsible for what's happened. I'm a leftist myself.

I'm not even saying that people on the left who called for violence ("Punch a Nazi!") are legally or socially responsible for what's happened. They are, however, part of the inflammatory atmosphere that leads to things like this, just like people on the right who call for violence or promote insanity.

I'm not saying to anyone to stop criticizing, or mocking, or satirizing, or even insulting Trump. I've done it myself and I will continue oding it. But please, please to everyone: start being more like Bernie Sanders in his tweet and less like Jesse Benn in his article. Stop preaching violence for political means. Stop believing that the response to Donald Trump, or Alex Jones, or the "alt-right" is violence.

Stop the "punch a nazi!" nonsense. This kind of violence is the last thing the US need, and so the last thing the world needs.
What was the name again? Stochastic terrorism?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Suet Cardigan wrote:New Shoe vid about Anita and her Islamophobia bullshit:

[youtube][/youtube]
I haven't watched it fully yet, but have you all noticed the Armored Skeptic pillow in the back? :D

katamari Damassi

free thoughtpolice wrote:The shooter was a Berniebro that was just punching nazis, so I'm sure PZ and friends will support his actions.
Liberals will blame Republicans for letting mentally ill people buy guns.

Members of the Church of Clintontology will blame Bernie Bro's.

Feminists will blame toxic masculinity.

There will be overlap but I don't feel like making Venn diagrams.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The HuffPo Honor Brigade strikes again: the hijab is totes feminist1!!!111!
Hijab is not oppression for women but a symbol of empowerment. Today, we live in a society where women are subjected to sexualisation and objectification and that’s where the hijab de-sexualises women. It gives them recognition for who they are and not for what they look like. Today, women are subjected to inferiority complexes because of what they look like or if they don’t meet the standards of beauty set by patriarchal society. The flourishing makeup industries prove that, or to be more precise, fairness creams. According to these industries, for a woman to look confident and be liked by men, she has to look good, she has to be fair, she has to be slim, etc.
A hijabi-wearing muslim calls the "west" a patriarchal society. :lol:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote: I was wondering if this couldv'e been terrorism, because how hard would it be to set buildings on fire in the middle of the night? I'm guessing they wouldn't set fire to one containing many muslims unless they were the wrong kind of muslim.
From what we know so far the fire was not set intentionally.

But that doesn't rule out some arsehole getting the bright idea to try the same thing again.

Here's hoping not...

free thoughtpolice

The article at Shakesville on the shooting is pathetic. The shooter was captured alive so he must have been white( this was before he died), it's likely he had a history of domestic violence, he had anti-Trump and anti-Clinton stuff on his Facebook.
It would seem to me that the shooter was more likely a black lesbian trapped in a chubby old white man's body. He targeted cis white male republicans, so obviously a lesbian that hated men, also lesbians have a lot of domestic violence in their community, and black because he was shot dead and targeted white men.

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Kirbmarc wrote:This kind of violence is the last thing the US need, and so the last thing the world needs.
[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The article at Shakesville on the shooting is pathetic. The shooter was captured alive so he must have been white( this was before he died), it's likely he had a history of domestic violence, he had anti-Trump and anti-Clinton stuff on his Facebook.
It would seem to me that the shooter was more likely a black lesbian trapped in a chubby old white man's body. He targeted cis white male republicans, so obviously a lesbian that hated men, also lesbians have a lot of domestic violence in their community, and black because he was shot dead and targeted white men.
It's Shakesville, they're consistently pathetic.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

katamari Damassi wrote: Liberals will blame Republicans for letting mentally ill people buy guns.
Exactly what is happening on Twitter.

Interestingly the legality of trucks and knives is never mentioned when used outside of their design spec by islamic fundamentalists, but some white middle-aged left-wing fat loser decides to shoot up some politicians, and it's all about the rifle.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

feathers wrote:

La terre?
The earth of liberty? Phil can correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like it should be pays to me.

free thoughtpolice

PZ shoots himself in the foot again, this time the London fire:
http://archive.is/iKaVL
Can we classify capitalist exploiters as terrorists now?
Oops, it turns out the apartment was government owned and the management was a non-profit org.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:PZ shoots himself in the foot again, this time the London fire:
http://archive.is/iKaVL
Can we classify capitalist exploiters as terrorists now?
Oops, it turns out the apartment was government owned and the management was a non-profit org.
Yeah, but still.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Correct, Lsuoma. 'Le pays de la liberté' would be more salient.

BUT, 'la terre' is also not completely wrong. When we use 'la terre', as in 'la terre de nos ancêtres', it means 'the land of our ancestors'. It still feels a bit weird when put the way Surly did.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ooops, sorry, our ancestors didn't have any land. They probably stole it from some indigenous people. And we should be shamed and pay reparations for that.

But Sarkeesian should not be held accountable for her father's support of Trump. Because... reasons?

(in fact, she shouldn't, and neither should the other groups that are being asked for retroactive shame)