Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Spike13

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I hope the cunt gets a long sentence. No attacking animals, ya filthy scumbag!
Sound like the little monster stabbed the horse with the nail.

I used to teach riding certification clinics for mounted police. They love their horses (considered their 'partner' just like another cop) and are super protective of them. Looks like she got the book thrown at her.

NB: She was part of a counter protest of an anti-sharia protest. So, anti-anti-sharia. So, pro-sharia.
i would imagine that police horses are treated as police dogs, if you assault one , they treat it as if you struck a human officer. does antone know of this is correct?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Have you seen that fucking tower fire in London?
Unconfirmed reports of the alarm not working, and some people trapped. Fire broke out at 1AM-ish, when most were alseep.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Hot dann. You should have that enlarged into a giant picture magnet for your car. Imagine the looks on their faces when they see that! :popcorn:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Damn, not Dann. Stupid autocorrect.

Guest_6d745865

Post by Guest_6d745865 »

I don't know if the police in London treat an assault on a horse the same as an assault on an officer, but I know they don't like it if you call the horses gay. Remember the guy who was prosecuted for doing just that at an anti Scientology demo?

CaughtUpLockedOut

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Damn, not Dann. Stupid autocorrect.
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think "Hot Dann" works much better with this! Perhaps it's the name of the guy in the image!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Excellent new summary of the latest Evergreen playtime fun.

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Hot dann. You should have that enlarged into a giant picture magnet for your car. Imagine the looks on their faces when they see that! :popcorn:
Shit, I should have said this originally: not my work.

That's the problem posting on a forum with competent artists, not just dumbfucks like myself: fake credit can be given. :oops:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Spike13 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I hope the cunt gets a long sentence. No attacking animals, ya filthy scumbag!

I used to teach riding certification clinics for mounted police. They love their horses (considered their 'partner' just like another cop) and are super protective of them. Looks like she got the book thrown at her.

NB: She was part of a counter protest of an anti-sharia protest. So, anti-anti-sharia. So, pro-sharia.
i would imagine that police horses are treated as police dogs, if you assault one , they treat it as if you struck a human officer. does antone know of this is correct?
Dogs and horses are a much better way of dealing with truculent crowds than than the US favorite of pepper spray. Look at all the videos online, they're fucking brilliant at bringing the hardest nuts to peacefulness in very short order.

Perhaps the police should look into releasing a shitload of cats, mice, and spiders into the path of a rioting mob, too? I reckon that between the felines freaking out and scratching the shit out of some faces, and the rodent/arachnid population causing mass "eurghh-ing", the area would clear of humans pretty quickly.

There is also the PZ Meyers alternative of flooding the whole area and releasing some squid. Then..."well, you don't want to know what happens next..."

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Spike13 wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

In Canada I think assaulting a police dog will get you a charge similar to assaulting a cop. Obviously killing a dog won't get the same charge as killing a cop, still a serious offence.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3706336

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

More on the West London Tower Block fire. Fears the building may collapse now and reports that many people are trapped. Jesus, you'd never get me to live in one of those blocks.

http://i.imgur.com/ZIWyFcv.png

free thoughtpolice

That's fucking awful. It would seem bad design and building standards for a building like that to be so vulnerable to fire.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

free thoughtpolice wrote:That's fucking awful. It would seem bad design and building standards for a building like that to be so vulnerable to fire.
Already getting reports of lifts not working, that would be fairly standard from every Tower Block I've ever been to. Also many Muslims living there and some would have been cooking for Ramadan before dawn broke. Fucking Ramadan again. :roll:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote:More on the West London Tower Block fire. Fears the building may collapse now and reports that many people are trapped. Jesus, you'd never get me to live in one of those blocks.

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/ZIWyFcv.png[/img]
Where I live people lower the risk of fire by pissing in the stair well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

shoutinghorse wrote:Already getting reports of lifts not working, that would be fairly standard from every Tower Block I've ever been to. Also many Muslims living there and some would have been cooking for Ramadan before dawn broke. Fucking Ramadan again. :roll:
Up, awake and cooking for Ramadan? Grease cooking fire?

feathers

Post by feathers »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
The Australian website Mamamia has apologised to the US author Roxane Gay after publishing a podcast interview with text that asked whether she would “fit into the office lift”.

Gay, the award-winning author of Bad Feminist, said she was “appalled by Mamamia” after the interview she gave to the site’s co-founder and creative director, Mia Freedman, while promoting her new book Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body.
“You see, Roxane Gay is … I’m searching for the right word to use here. I don’t want to say fat so I’m going to use the official medical term: super morbidly obese.”

http://i.imgur.com/JGywtRt.jpg
For reference, this is Mia Freedman:

http://cdn.mamamia.com.au/wp/wp-content ... amia-8.png
:romance-inlove:

feathers

Post by feathers »

Billie from Ockham wrote:I apologize in advance, Lsuoma, for being some sort of Nazi, but could you please switch "gazest" to "gazeth" in the title of this thread?
Can we meet in the middle? "gazesth"?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:We could've fed a village. Instead, we got this.
Subverting the subject position : toward a new discourse about students as writers and engineering students as technical communicators
Roxane Gay, Michigan Technological University
Date of Award

Doctor of Philosophy in Rhetoric and Technical Communication (PhD)
Department of Humanities

Abstract
There is ample evidence of a longstanding and pervasive discourse positioning students, and engineering students in particular, as “bad writers.” This is a discourse perpetuated within the academy, the workplace, and society at large. But what are the effects of this discourse? Are students aware faculty harbor the belief students can’t write? Is student writing or confidence in their writing influenced by the negative tone of the discourse? This dissertation attempts to demonstrate that a discourse disparaging student writing exists among faculty, across disciplines, but particularly within the engineering disciplines, as well as to identify the reach of that discourse through the deployment of two attitudinal surveys—one for students, across disciplines, at Michigan Technological University and one for faculty, across disciplines at universities and colleges both within the United States and internationally. This project seeks to contribute to a more accurate and productive discourse about engineering students, and more broadly, all students, as writers—one that focuses on competencies rather than incompetence, one that encourages faculty to find new ways to characterize students as writers, and encourages faculty to recognize the limits of the utility of practitioner lore.
http://digitalcommons.mtu.edu/cgi/viewc ... ntext=etds
Wait, this is the topic of an entire 4-year PhD program?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lsuoma wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/s3/files/s ... 300218.jpg

She needs to stay away from harpoons...
Goddammit Lsuoma, morning coffee, nose! :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BarnOwl wrote:
Really? wrote:
And what does she expect the world to do about her difficulty with climbing stairs AND fitting into elevators? Invent antigravity?
She seems to have made a good living for herself by wallowing in self-pity and then writing about it extensively. A psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders might help, but then what would she write about?
She looks as though she'd be pretty good at wallowing, doesn't she?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

This says the blaze started at 1am. Is that really when Muslims wake up to start cooking for Ramadan?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/massive-bla ... high-rise/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Never mind, the video in this article explains it. They would not have gone to bed yet and would have still been awake.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/816870 ... ers-police

KenD

Post by KenD »

Guest_440911e7 wrote:BBROYGBIV.
phillymag com/g-philly/2017/06/08/philly-pride-flag-black-brown/#u8BvoskVebMgI0qK.99
To recognize and celebrate with the BBLGBTQUIAAA community, Philadelphia has rolled out a new Pride flag.
This was probably a good compromise until it's finally decided to kick G out of the LGBTQUIAA as well as the cis white LBs.
I assumed the black and brown stripes were there to finally show support for necrophiles and coprophiliacs. But no, those minority groups within the LGBTQQUIAAAAXCMTGGLLAAIO community are still being oppressed and excluded.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Then again, riot police shouldn't be using horses.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
John D wrote:While on the topic of auto safety.... my pet peeve is the number of people (and States) that think we should have seat belts in buses. Buses are safer without seat belts.
On what do you base this claim? Several studies have suggested that seat-belt would save lives on school buses. A few states require them. The main reason other states haven't done so, as well, is cost.
Ah, but perhaps that's because the little scallywags can't remain sitting in their seats.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

KenD wrote:I assumed the black and brown stripes were there to finally show support for necrophiles and coprophiliacs. But no, those minority groups within the LGBTQQUIAAAAXCMTGGLLAAIO community are still being oppressed and excluded.
Race is an independent axis of oppression. The black and brown bands should be across the top and bottom.

And where's the autistics? They should have an entire spectrum of colours just for themselves? Where are the paraplegics? Or the blind? Should the colours be in Braille?

Are BLM going to start campaigning for other oppressed groups? Obviously not. As usual we get one group muscling in on another's space with no reciprocity. Just as feminists must always bow to Muslims and transgenders without getting anything in return gay people must always defer to ethnic minorities. It doesn't matter that black gays benefit from every law that benefits white gays, black gays need a special focus.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

deLurch wrote:Never mind, the video in this article explains it. They would not have gone to bed yet and would have still been awake.
Correct. You do not get much sleep during Ramadan. Also you can put on weight believe it or not.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
deLurch wrote:Never mind, the video in this article explains it. They would not have gone to bed yet and would have still been awake.
Correct. You do not get much sleep during Ramadan. Also you can put on weight believe it or not.
It's never "too soon" for BBQ ribs.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In a world filled with religious killers slashing and smashing, this is what gets PZ worked up.
I’ve come to the conclusion that free speech is an illusion in a world where power puts on the mask of liberty. It’s not free speech when it’s selectively denied and used solely as an excuse to justify hate and the expression of one set of values. It’s not free speech when Nazis think it means they get to slash people’s throats. It’s not free speech when it’s a club used to rationalize trampling on the rights of the oppressed by the privileged.
I think he burst into tears writing the last sentence.

feathers

Post by feathers »

The Grenfell flat's fire safety has been in dispute for quite some time:
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.c ... with-fire/

Also, the owners' advice to residents is to stay put in case of fire:
Our longstanding ‘stay put’ policy stays in force until you are told otherwise. This means that (unless there is a fire in your flat or in the hallway outside your flat) you should stay inside your flat. This is because Grenfell was designed according to rigorous fire safety standards. Also, the new front doors for each flat can withstand a fire for up to 30 minutes, which gives plenty of time for the fire brigade to arrive.
Someone's gonna get sued into oblivion.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Brive1987 wrote:In a world filled with religious killers slashing and smashing, this is what gets PZ worked up.
I’ve come to the conclusion that free speech is an illusion in a world where power puts on the mask of liberty. It’s not free speech when it’s selectively denied and used solely as an excuse to justify hate and the expression of one set of values. It’s not free speech when Nazis think it means they get to slash people’s throats. It’s not free speech when it’s a club used to rationalize trampling on the rights of the oppressed by the privileged.
Some day Peez your speech is going to be taken away because you are an old white fart.

On that day I hope nobody comes to help.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Well the building hasn't collapsed yet, this is going to give ammunition to the 911 truthers out there (more YouTube videos to look forward to)

Some angry people being interviewed, the building had only just been refurbished at a cost of £10m.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

New from Surly Amy: This is Not the Land of the Free.

Print, $20. Misapprehension of Magritte included.

http://imgur.com/8cQT6jy.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

In this day & age, I don't know why sprinkler systems are not required for new homes. By the time the fire department gets there, it is too late to save the home. In tall apartment blocks like the one we saw burn down, the fire department couldn't seem to handle it well. There was a lot of loss of life.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

The building was shit, badly maintained, and the moron owner had a strict "in case of fire, stay put until told otherwise" policy. This was more a slum than a normal building.

Word is spreading of at least 50 dead and more than 30 injured. This is horrifying.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:In a world filled with religious killers slashing and smashing, this is what gets PZ worked up.
From FreeThoughtBlogs.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The building was shit, badly maintained, and the moron owner had a strict "in case of fire, stay put until told otherwise" policy. This was more a slum than a normal building.

Word is spreading of at least 50 dead and more than 30 injured. This is horrifying.

Reports now of an exploding fridge being the cause :?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Nazis need to stop slashing throats. It's everywhere these days. The news is full of it. They just need to stop. Nazis, please don't do this. Learn from your peaceful Muslim neighbours.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Peezus's argument is the same as 'We don't need laws to protect human life because oppressed people are murdered all the time. We don't need laws against theft because oppressed people are robbed all the time'

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Myers' argument is marxist/revolutionary bullshit. I'd be more understanding if it came from a 17 years old with a Che Guevara shirt. Not so from an old white fuck.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

shoutinghorse wrote:Reports now of an exploding fridge being the cause :?
I have never heard of a fridge exploding in my life.

...electricity, coolant, food.

What is combustible? Alcohol above 50%? Perhaps methane from rotting food?

If it is a fridge that exploded, something else is going on there. Storage of explosives, or initially designed to go ka-blewy.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

What do you know, there is an issue with exploding fridges in the UK.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olant.html

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:Reports now of an exploding fridge being the cause :?
I have never heard of a fridge exploding in my life.

...electricity, coolant, food.

What is combustible? Alcohol above 50%? Perhaps methane from rotting food?

If it is a fridge that exploded, something else is going on there. Storage of explosives, or initially designed to go ka-blewy.

Stranger things have happened...

I'm reminded of the Irishman who started a fire when attempting to make gold.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 71404.html

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

These brave red guards facultymembers have the insight into own shortcomings:
Holding each other accountable when we act in racist ways against our colleagues or our students, according to shared language and understanding developed in the trainings
and a firm understanding of proper justice for the alt-right:
Demonstrate accountability by pursuing a disciplinary investigation against Bret Weinstein according to guidelines in the Social Contract and Faculty Handbook. Weinstein has endangered faculty, staff, and students, making them targets of white supremacist backlash by promulgating misinformation in public emails, on national television, in news outlets, and on social media.
Going on Fox news is the worst. It is literally raep.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

shoutinghorse wrote:More on the West London Tower Block fire. Fears the building may collapse now and reports that many people are trapped. Jesus, you'd never get me to live in one of those blocks.

Devastating, tragic news. The reports say that the firefighters could only reach the 12th floor with their equipment.

This may be a completely stupid and unworkable idea, but why couldn't helicopters equipped with water buckets (like those used to fight forest fires, especially in the western US) be used to fight a fire like this? Some of the water buckets can be filled from sources that are only a few feet deep. Seems like buckets could be filled up from the Thames. I don't think water dropped from a helicopter bucket would extinguish the fire completely, but it seems like it might help somewhat. Again, I have no firefighting experience or expertise - just going from what I've seen for combatting wildfires in the Rockies, for example.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Reeeeeeee it's all about me.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

shoutinghorse wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:That's fucking awful. It would seem bad design and building standards for a building like that to be so vulnerable to fire.
Already getting reports of lifts not working, that would be fairly standard from every Tower Block I've ever been to. Also many Muslims living there and some would have been cooking for Ramadan before dawn broke. Fucking Ramadan again. :roll:
You're not supposed to use lifts in case of fire, but they've never told the old and infirm folks living in those buildings how else to get out. It's an absolute bugger getting the walking frame down the fire stairs.

AnonymousCowherd

feathers wrote:The Grenfell flat's fire safety has been in dispute for quite some time:
https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.c ... with-fire/

Also, the owners' advice to residents is to stay put in case of fire:
Our longstanding ‘stay put’ policy stays in force until you are told otherwise. This means that (unless there is a fire in your flat or in the hallway outside your flat) you should stay inside your flat. This is because Grenfell was designed according to rigorous fire safety standards. Also, the new front doors for each flat can withstand a fire for up to 30 minutes, which gives plenty of time for the fire brigade to arrive.
Someone's gonna get sued into oblivion.
That quote looks like confused advice. If the fire is in the flat, you get out. If it's in the hall (and presumably blocking access to the fire stairs or making access risky) the advice is (usually) to stay put as the flat is supposed to provide some protection from the fire. That said, a 30 min rated fire door is for shit. None of the usual advice takes into account the possibility of the entire facade of the building going up pretty well at once, which is what a lot of people are now saying happened in Grenfell.

If that's true, the owner and the cladding manufacturers may have something to answer. The cladding apparently has form with fires in other buildings.

AnonymousCowherd

BarnOwl wrote:

Devastating, tragic news. The reports say that the firefighters could only reach the 12th floor with their equipment.

This may be a completely stupid and unworkable idea, but why couldn't helicopters equipped with water buckets (like those used to fight forest fires, especially in the western US) be used to fight a fire like this? Some of the water buckets can be filled from sources that are only a few feet deep. Seems like buckets could be filled up from the Thames. I don't think water dropped from a helicopter bucket would extinguish the fire completely, but it seems like it might help somewhat. Again, I have no firefighting experience or expertise - just going from what I've seen for combatting wildfires in the Rockies, for example.
No firefighting experience either, though I was once the fire control office for...something, something government building. Not that that means anything.

I'll avoid the obvious jokes about the effect of water from the Thames on living creatures and just point out that buildings like that spend a lot of money to ensure water falling on them doesn't get into the building at all by making sure the roof is well rainproof. Towering Inferno notwithstanding. Any effect would have been pretty limited.

My SO wondered why they couldn't rescue people from the roof with helicopters, but from the pictures I saw, the fire, smoke and turbulent air above the building would have made that very difficult at best - even if people had been able to get to the roof in the first place.

AnonymousCowherd

Sulman wrote: Reeeeeeee it's all about me.
No, at the minute, it's all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

AnonymousCowherd

A Michelle!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Fun fact, there isn't a single photo of the original Judenrampe at Auschwitz - ie the one in operation from Feb 1942 to April 1944 over which 800-900,000 people passed.

The friggin memorial itself (with the carriage) is a good couple of hundred metres away from the probable RL site. It wasn't until May 1944 that the railhead extended to Auschwitz II (and functioned for 8 months) - used principally for the Hungarian Jews.

That said pretty much the only onsite photo evidence from any other killing camps was the own-goal of the Auschwitz album. Without that there would be zero legacy.

Weird.

AnonymousCowherd

feathers wrote:
Then again, riot police shouldn't be using horses.
No, they shouldn't.

I've seen both sides of the argument back in the day (when demonstrations were righteous!). There was always some group of idiots at the front trying to stir up violence with the coppers, and I knew a few coppers who volunteered to do unpaid "overtime" for a chance to crack a few heads. No-one really minded if they just got stuck into each other, but when they organised a mass charge into a crowd of ordinary folk with kids etc, police numbers removed and used the horses as a battering ram, it wasn't surprising that people fought back. The poor bloody horses should never have been in that situation (though I have to say some of the horses seems to enjoy the whole exercise). Then, of course, the idiots went after the horses next time.

But the whole situation need never have arisen if the cops had simply cleared the street and let the demonstrators pass instead of deliberately blocking their way. Demo over in no time, street back to normal. But it took a change of government for that policy to come in. Until then, it really was boofheads bloody chesting each other.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:Well the building hasn't collapsed yet, this is going to give ammunition to the 911 truthers out there (more YouTube videos to look forward to)

Some angry people being interviewed, the building had only just been refurbished at a cost of £10m.
Lol. I've already seen some of the "truther" brigade pointing to this as "proof". I mention something about the lack of a giant fucking 747 slamming into the building, and the load above the weakened impact zone....and they look all confused.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

AnonymousCowherd wrote: No firefighting experience either, though I was once the fire control office for...something, something government building. Not that that means anything.

I'll avoid the obvious jokes about the effect of water from the Thames on living creatures and just point out that buildings like that spend a lot of money to ensure water falling on them doesn't get into the building at all by making sure the roof is well rainproof. Towering Inferno notwithstanding. Any effect would have been pretty limited.

My SO wondered why they couldn't rescue people from the roof with helicopters, but from the pictures I saw, the fire, smoke and turbulent air above the building would have made that very difficult at best - even if people had been able to get to the roof in the first place.
With fighting forest fires, the water spreads out as the helicopter flies over. So I'm thinking it wouldn't be a stationary dump of water on top of the building, but rather a rapid flyover and release, so that most of the water hits the face of the building, at least for the upper floors. Am I way off with my physics? I've seen quite a few helicopter bucket drops over wildfires in the Colorado Rockies, and also watched them scooping up water from small lakes.

This brings up one of my pet peeves, about SJW students and their effing useless grievance studies and "rhetoric" degree programs. If you want to do something to help people, study practical subjects. Engineering, sciences, urban planning, architecture, medicine. Figure this shit out. How to fight fires in high rise buildings, or better yet, prevent them altogether. Develop safer building materials. Make sure there's access for emergency services in all parts of the city. Work as a first responder. Develop better ways to treat burn patients and rehabilitate the injured. Get trained to help people with PTSD. etc. etc.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

BarnOwl wrote:With fighting forest fires, the water spreads out as the helicopter flies over. So I'm thinking it wouldn't be a stationary dump of water on top of the building, but rather a rapid flyover and release, so that most of the water hits the face of the building, at least for the upper floors. Am I way off with my physics? I've seen quite a few helicopter bucket drops over wildfires in the Colorado Rockies, and also watched them scooping up water from small lakes.
So, fly at a building with a tethered bucket attached to the chopper, take a run at the building and hope that your judgement is good enough not to have that tethered bucket slam into the building.

Not to mention, I am not sure how many forest fires England has, and if they have a crew trained to that in a crowded skyline.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

KiwiInOz wrote:Thanks Kirbmarc. You are a gentleman and a scholar (even if it is of ill repute because you post here).

Do you mind if I post it over there, attributing it to my ex-Muslim, linguist, colleague? Of course it will dox me, but then I only have a nom de internet because all the cool kids had one back in the day.
Go head. Beat in mind that part I and II are equally important to the analysis. Also feeling free to correct any typo or spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

deLurch wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:With fighting forest fires, the water spreads out as the helicopter flies over. So I'm thinking it wouldn't be a stationary dump of water on top of the building, but rather a rapid flyover and release, so that most of the water hits the face of the building, at least for the upper floors. Am I way off with my physics? I've seen quite a few helicopter bucket drops over wildfires in the Colorado Rockies, and also watched them scooping up water from small lakes.
So, fly at a building with a tethered bucket attached to the chopper, take a run at the building and hope that your judgement is good enough not to have that tethered bucket slam into the building.

Not to mention, I am not sure how many forest fires England has, and if they have a crew trained to that in a crowded skyline.
Bucket and helicopter would be above the building for the entire flyover (just as they're above trees and ridges for wildfires), so no risk of slamming the bucket into the building. But no, there would likely not be trained crews in the UK for this.