Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by deLurch »

OK. This trailer looks promising.

[youtube][/youtube]

Clearly badass & politically correct don't go hand-in-hand.

John D

Post by John D »

jet_lagg wrote:
d4m10n wrote: Still, 42% of newlyweds sounds surprisingly high.
I wasn't clear. Of the 1 in 6 new marriages that are interracial, 42% are white/hispanic.
Correct.... and really.... marriage between whites and hispanics is hardly "inter-racial" in America. My aunt married a Mexican in 1951 and it was no big deal. Hell... I just watched a movie from the 1950's with Lucy and Desi... that Cuban beauty. "Ba Ba Looooooooo......."

The Hispanic thing is only considered a race in America because of the different "identity" of Mexicans and South Americans. Making people of Spanish decent a special group makes as much sense as saying Greeks or Italians are a race. Haha. Sorry kids... Spain is in Europe.

I am almost 100% genetically Dutch... can't we make this a race? I am as similar to a Hispanic as I am similar to an Italian.

And further... I have been accused of being a racist because I don't find black women to be particularly sexually attractive. Haha.... so sue me.... I am not the only white guy who feels this way. I have no explanation... as is usually the case when we try to describe our sexual attraction. I don't know why I feel the way I do.... not really.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Get your running clogs on John - I think they will be after you soon enough.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

jet_lagg wrote:
I wasn't clear. Of the 1 in 6 new marriages that are interracial, 42% are white/hispanic.
Are marriages still a useful way of measuring relationships?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's an update from Godless Spellchecker (aka Stephen Knight) - it's mostly him wandering around the recent protest in Manchester talking to both sides - even Tommy Robinson at one point.

[youtube][/youtube]

It seems a bit pointless - but it does show the there are a large number of people with Tommy - and although they were well behaved - it would not take much to set things off - will some real damage resulting...

Also someone will need to translate some sections from Manc.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Are marriages still a useful way of measuring relationships?
If you put that question to the right person - you could end all rational discussion on the topic.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:So, this guy should have moved to Rotherham, and changed his name to Mahmood:

The guy's 92. Couldn't ha nonce up a fifty year old and get the same thrill?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/ ... 968124.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ly_Guy.png

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

John D wrote:Further... as I ponder the recent facts of my life. I had a long talk with my lefty progressive sister-in-law from Seattle. She is from Detroit and used to live in the city and she moved to Seattle. She complained to me that no one in Seattle really knows any black people... and yet they have protests about racism. Haha. The picture above with the "pinkos" just reminds me of all the white people who truly live in a bubble. They really think whites in the south and mid-west just hate people for their skin color. And why is this... the fucking media. Just take the example of the NPR coverage of the Loving case. They basically ended the story reminding everyone that white people are still bigots... fight on comrades!
Snip
Most of the black people got pushed out by ever-increasing cost of housing in Seattle proper. They ended up in Federal Way, SeaTac and Tacoma. Oddly enough, it was those same benevolent, non-racist whites that gentrified all the black people out of Seattle.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote:
The Hispanic thing is only considered a race in America because of the different "identity" of Mexicans and South Americans. Making people of Spanish decent a special group makes as much sense as saying Greeks or Italians are a race. Haha. Sorry kids... Spain is in Europe.

I am almost 100% genetically Dutch... can't we make this a race? I am as similar to a Hispanic as I am similar to an Italian.

And further... I have been accused of being a racist because I don't find black women to be particularly sexually attractive. Haha.... so sue me.... I am not the only white guy who feels this way. I have no explanation... as is usually the case when we try to describe our sexual attraction. I don't know why I feel the way I do.... not really.

I did that Diversity Recognition thing that's doing the rounds on Facebook the other day and got back that I was 94% white and 6% Hispanic, It did make me laugh cos us Brits don't really get all that Hispanic crap, as far as we're concerned Central Americans are just people with Spanish decent and we consider the Spanish as white.

How the fuck a good Anglo Saxon blue eyed Aryan Nazi like me gets 6% Dago in his bloodline though is a question for another day :shock:

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:The Hispanic thing is only considered a race in America because of the different "identity" of Mexicans and South Americans. Making people of Spanish decent a special group makes as much sense as saying Greeks or Italians are a race. Haha. Sorry kids... Spain is in Europe.
In north/western Europe, nobody would consider calling your marriage to a Spanish girl "interracial". Heck, the South-Africans were obsessed with race under Apartheid, but I doubt 'spanish' was on their long list of coloured people.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

feathers wrote:
John D wrote:The Hispanic thing is only considered a race in America because of the different "identity" of Mexicans and South Americans. Making people of Spanish decent a special group makes as much sense as saying Greeks or Italians are a race. Haha. Sorry kids... Spain is in Europe.
In north/western Europe, nobody would consider calling your marriage to a Spanish girl "interracial". Heck, the South-Africans were obsessed with race under Apartheid, but I doubt 'spanish' was on their long list of coloured people.
Whatever happened to Portugal?

Of all the countries in Europe they are the ones we hear of the least.

Sneaky fuckers.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:I did that Diversity Recognition thing that's doing the rounds on Facebook the other day and got back that I was 94% white and 6% Hispanic, It did make me laugh cos us Brits don't really get all that Hispanic crap, as far as we're concerned Central Americans are just people with Spanish decent and we consider the Spanish as white.

How the fuck a good Anglo Saxon blue eyed Aryan Nazi like me gets 6% Dago in his bloodline though is a question for another day :shock:
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 60/9b0.jpg

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

I was assured that black women; as a group, didn't find whites attractive.

Oh, god, I'm hideous.

Luckily, Asians think we all look alike...

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote:
feathers wrote:
Whatever happened to Portugal?

Of all the countries in Europe they are the ones we hear of the least.

Sneaky fuckers.
Interesting question: Is someone from Brazil Hispanic? From what I can tell the answer is mostly "no".

Guest_6d745865

Post by Guest_6d745865 »

Didn't the ancestors of the ancient Britons come from what we now call the Basque country? Could that be the 6%?

CaughtUpLockedOut

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

This is why no one is smarter than everyone (the math was over my head, though):

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I've submitted Muscato's pic to that Diversity Recognition thing.

It's still working on it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Can't work out how to post the results here but Sean King is 72% white, 23 Hispanic (those dudes got around) and 4% black.

Muscato is 70% white, 28% Hispanic and 100% brave and beautiful woman.

Dandy Mott (my avatar) is 84% white and 14% Hispanic.

Mahatma Gandhi is 41% white and 41% Hispanic.

I get the feeling this has been calibrated in the US, hence the prevalence of Hispanics.

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote:

I get the feeling this has been calibrated in the US, hence the prevalence of Hispanics.
This makes sense in a world where Ben Kingsley played Gandhi in the movie.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

jet_lagg wrote:
Oh ah thx

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac ... _basic.jpg

33% Hispanic.

I'm calling bullshit.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Via WEIT article by Ken White (Popehat) LA Times - worth a read:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la ... story.html
Free speech and its limitations are on Americans’ minds. In the past year we’ve seen Nazis and white supremacists rally in our cities, angry protesters chase provocateurs off of college campuses, a comedian wield a bloody effigy of the president’s severed head, and slurs and overt racial animus made a staple of political discourse. Controversial speech has people talking about what restrictions, if any, society can enforce on words we despise.

That inquiry isn’t inherently bad. It’s good for citizens to want to learn more about the contours of our constitutional rights. The dilemma is that the public debate about free speech relies on useless cliches, not on accurate information about the law.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John D wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

This makes sense in a world where Ben Kingsley played Gandhi in the movie.
Ben Kingsley is 38% Hispanic. That makes him more Asian than Gandhi.

John D

Post by John D »

Malky wrote:Via WEIT article by Ken White (Popehat) LA Times - worth a read:

Free speech and its limitations are on Americans’ minds. In the past year we’ve seen Nazis and white supremacists rally in our cities, angry protesters chase provocateurs off of college campuses, a comedian wield a bloody effigy of the president’s severed head, and slurs and overt racial animus made a staple of political discourse. Controversial speech has people talking about what restrictions, if any, society can enforce on words we despise.

That inquiry isn’t inherently bad. It’s good for citizens to want to learn more about the contours of our constitutional rights. The dilemma is that the public debate about free speech relies on useless cliches, not on accurate information about the law.
Very good. I didn't realize there was an exception for "Them's fighten words." Language intended to provoke someone into physically attacking you is NOT protected speech. So, the Antifa guy really was breaking the law when he said he would fight the black guy (in the video from the last page). I didn't know this. I wonder if this then excuses a person who reacts to such speech in a violent way.

Really?

Post by Really? »

I find Shermer's position ironic.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So who do you think will test as 100% hispanic?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Really? wrote:I find Shermer's position ironic.
[tweet] [/tweet]
It gets more ironical still:
Presumably Shermer has no problem with publicly criticising Jones, judging by the content of that article.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:So Brieve,
How goes matters with you adult rug rat? Is he getting his free paid 3 month vacation abroad?
Its not for the full summer (3-4' weeks) but yep he has accepted and been accepted subject to ref checks. It's a bit of a joke thought - you only get the work experience and a stipend. Flight and accommodation are your problem.

Now he is angling for an opportunity in Belgium for a private think tank group building a legal case against Assad and something in New York. Boy is in a hurry.

He claimed innocence over the Muslima thing claiming that he was allowed to stay over because of Ramadan guest rules and that none of the three (!) sisters would ever date a kafir. Let's see he does class with one sister and met up with another in Berlin (what a coincidence) get before his Polish girlfriend thing self destructed.

Jury is out on this one.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Aaaww
[youtube][/youtube]

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

Did the gamergate thing happen cause vidya is such a shit industry? Long hours, poor management, and exploited freelancers making up the majority of experiences. On the other hand it was the industry that smart high school kids could go to make a buck without a college degree.

I just cannot imagine other freelance workers anywhere pulling the literally who act. (She's baaaacckk). I just think the underlying economics must have made this happen, other industries have personality disorders too. Trying to deny people employment for political views - its the thing I least understand about SoJus. The devil has a long history of turning around.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:That slightly awkward moment when you read Hitler (Mein Kampf) expressing disgust at anti semitism and recoiling from The very thought of pogroms.

http://i.imgur.com/s8StsWd.jpg
I have heard of a pretty crazy theory about Hitler, namely that he actually wasn't personally particularly convinced by the whole "race" thing and was more concerned with turning Germany into a Spartan-style (or Prussian-style) warrior-state by giving all Germans an enemy to fight. It seems bunk to me, but apparently some of his writing supports this interpretation. What do you think, Brive?
I'll finish this book, have a look around and come back to you.

So far he seems motivated by a nationalism about Germany that presupposes a German-ness that can't encompass kaftan wearing side locked Jews. I will wager that when he comes to define this quality a blood and race fantasy will be injected. But we will see.

MK is a slow burn - "first I realised the poor weren't nationalist because of poverty, then I realised that capitalism and SD-Marxism were behind this plus the fake news. Then I realised the Jews were behind these instruments. Then I saw in the Jews ..... ".

Like all self-taught historical experts seeking a palatable "truth" Hitler found it all to easy to fall down the rabbit hole and find conspiracy.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

That Diversity Recognition thing doesn't make any sense - how can it determine % Hispanic? Most Hispanics here (Texas) self-identify as white, Mexican-American.

My parents both did the 23&Me thing, and so my sister and I know that we're ~99.9% genetically Northern European, with possibly 0.1% Greek. Not even any Neanderthal to spice things up. One of my MD colleagues was 'splaining to me that my (relatively) early osteoarthritis onset was due to my ancestry, and kept referring to me as a "Viking type." "I knew another tall Viking type like you who had to have both hips replaced when he was in his 50s ..."

I think that would have been a microaggression for someone with just about any heritage other than Northern European.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote:Further... as I ponder the recent facts of my life. I had a long talk with my lefty progressive sister-in-law from Seattle. She is from Detroit and used to live in the city and she moved to Seattle. She complained to me that no one in Seattle really knows any black people... and yet they have protests about racism. Haha. The picture above with the "pinkos" just reminds me of all the white people who truly live in a bubble. They really think whites in the south and mid-west just hate people for their skin color. And why is this... the fucking media. Just take the example of the NPR coverage of the Loving case. They basically ended the story reminding everyone that white people are still bigots... fight on comrades!

Also... an update... my other sister-in-law who had a stroke in now in isolation at the hospital with the MRSA infection. If you really want to die quickly I recommend you spend some time in the hospital. She has made very little progress and now has an inflamed infected bladder and MRSA. I guess I don't blame the medical system too much. She is kind of "lucky" to even be alive.

Please god... don't let me have a stroke!
You should read about an anti-racism group for whites in Seattle called CARW... on one hand they 'confront their own racism' like evangelicals admitting they've sinned... but they also credit themselves for being Saved... and of course their own racism they're confessing & bemoaning is assumed to be minor, compared to all the unwashed redneck masses who arent good-enough to be seattle-ites.

Motown is the perfect foil to those seattle idiots, of course... a place that has generations of blacks & whites on living top of each other.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/deep ... id=9747101

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:Lauren has found another conservative siren.

This level of compelling exotic is something the SJWs literally never accomplished.

There is meaning here somewhere.
Hot. That is all.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

deLurch wrote:OK. This trailer looks promising.

[youtube][/youtube]

Iron Fist was insipid, and Luke Cage tedious. But this looks excellent.

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

Ya'll probably need context for my above post. Lazy fuckers can't just memorize entire internet every morning like the rest of us.

Polygon article detailing the effort to get rid of developer for statements made in 2014. https://archive.is/aPq2i

Bonus Kek Ben Kuchera getting Rekt

Notch vs. Zoe

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Shatterface wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:I did that Diversity Recognition thing that's doing the rounds on Facebook the other day and got back that I was 94% white and 6% Hispanic, It did make me laugh cos us Brits don't really get all that Hispanic crap, as far as we're concerned Central Americans are just people with Spanish decent and we consider the Spanish as white.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 60/9b0.jpg
Check your eukaryotic privilege :bjarte:

100% Prokaryote.

Pseudomonas

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

KiwiInOz wrote:

[.youtube][/youtube]

Iron Fist was insipid, and Luke Cage tedious. But this looks excellent.
Black Panther was definitely the standout character in Cap Civil War - much more so than Spidey, though in fairness it was clear that Spidey was shoehorned in as a later plot development (once Marvel had secured the rights from Sony), whereas the writers had a lot more time to make T'Challa's inclusion a lot more seamless.

It helped that he had the best superhero costume of the lot, and that Chadwick Boseman played him as a kind of softly spoken warrior monk - an unexpected take (I expected him to be a lot more Stark-ish, given the character's background), but one that really worked IMO. Along with the trailer, this really gives me some hope for the movie. It also looks like Serkis is having a ball playing Klaw, so here's hoping that - along with Michael Jordan's Killmonger - this is the first Marvel movie to actually provide us with some compelling villains.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

http://www.drodd.com/images16/leprechaun4.png

54% Asian. 8% Hispanic.
BarnOwl wrote:That Diversity Recognition thing doesn't make any sense - how can it determine % Hispanic? Most Hispanics here (Texas) self-identify as white, Mexican-American.
It can't identify anyone originating from the Indian subcontinent because 'Asian' is calibrated to Chinese, Korean, etc. Instead it recognises them as Hispanic.

This is what happens when the IT industry is dominated by Latinos. They need more Asians.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Sam Panopoulos, inventor of Hawaiian pizza, dies aged 83

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/5c235055 ... d039d0f098

Did not know it was invented by a Canadian? We also invented poutine.

Fuck we are a great people. So many great innovations.

Modest too.

And don't nobody say the Hawaiian pizza is an abomination. We all know you love it.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote: I am almost 100% genetically Dutch... can't we make this a race? I am as similar to a Hispanic as I am similar to an Italian.

Instead of race think in terms of breeds. So yes Dutch, like any other population group are a distinct breed. For starters the current population is one of the tallest overall.

The most common Y-DNA haplogroup in the Netherlands is R1b and mtDNA is H

Notes (might be out of date)
In the Netherlands Dual DNA Project, people with their country of origin specified as the Netherlands have such Y-DNA haplogroups as E1b1b1, F, G, G2a3a1, G2a3b1a, G2a4, I, I1, I2a3, I2b1, J2b2, J2, R1a1a, R1b1a2, R1a1, R1b1a2, R1b1a2a1a1, R1b1a2a1a1a, R1b1a2a1a1b3c, and T1, among others. Identifiably Dutch people in the project have mtDNA haplogroups including H and its subhaplogroups like H3 and H5a, I, I4, J, K, T, U4, U4a2, U4c1, and V.

Overall, studies show that the Dutch people of the Netherlands possess Y-DNA haplogroups in approximately the following frequencies:
E1b1b: 4.5% (ultimately stems from the Middle East)
G2a: 2.5%
I1: 18.5% (their second-most prevalent Y haplogroup)
I2a: 1%
I2b: 6%
J2: 6%
N1c1: 0.5%
Q: 0.5% (common in Siberia and Central Asia)
R1a: 6%
R1b: 53.5% (by far their most prevalent Y haplogroup, and very common throughout Western Europe)
T: 1%

Distributions of mtDNA of the Dutch people of the Netherlands are approximately as follows:
H: 45% of which 13% are in H1+H3
HV0 + V: 8%
I: 2.5%
J: 11%
K: 10%
T: 14%
U: 16% of which 1.5% are in U2, 0% in U3, 6.5% in U4, and 7.5% in U5
W: 2.5%
X2: 0.5%
other haplogroup(s): 0.5%
Some papers for your consideration:
- Micro-geographic distribution of Y-chromosomal variation in the central-western European region Brabant.
- High-quality mtDNA control region sequences from 680 individuals sampled across the Netherlands to establish a national forensic mtDNA reference database.
- Founder mutations among the Dutch

So yep. Do not think in terms of race. Example: Is Holstein a race? Nope it is a breed.

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

More inline with slymepit interests:

And now Here's Something I Hope you'll Really Like...

Forbes does a better job of skeptical reporting than FTB or even actual self declared skeptics.

Is there a jade egg emoji? :happy-bouncygreen:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

BarnOwl wrote:My parents both did the 23&Me thing, and so my sister and I know that we're ~99.9% genetically Northern European, with possibly 0.1% Greek. Not even any Neanderthal to spice things up. One of my MD colleagues was 'splaining to me that my (relatively) early osteoarthritis onset was due to my ancestry, and kept referring to me as a "Viking type." "I knew another tall Viking type like you who had to have both hips replaced when he was in his 50s ..."
That might be this guy:

http://mythologian.net/wp-content/uploa ... 4x769.jpeg

Ivar the Boneless.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:My parents both did the 23&Me thing, and so my sister and I know that we're ~99.9% genetically Northern European, with possibly 0.1% Greek. Not even any Neanderthal to spice things up. One of my MD colleagues was 'splaining to me that my (relatively) early osteoarthritis onset was due to my ancestry, and kept referring to me as a "Viking type." "I knew another tall Viking type like you who had to have both hips replaced when he was in his 50s ..."
That might be this guy:

Ivar the Boneless.
Have you got a head like a fucking orange?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Shatterface wrote:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... heHigh.jpg

84% white. 15% Hispanic.
Must be the Irish in him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Lynch_(Argentina)
Broken link.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm 0% black. Ivar the Boneless is 20% black. I'm more Viking than Ragnar's son.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

[youtube][/youtube]

Nice to see Bilbo and Gollum back together.

But yeah looks pretty good.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Malky wrote:Via WEIT article by Ken White (Popehat) LA Times - worth a read:

Ken White exhibits clear thinking with the reliability of a coin flip but this particular article's not bad.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Shatterface wrote:I'm 0% black. Ivar the Boneless is 20% black. I'm more Viking than Ragnar's son.
Sorry, I thought you were quoting the mighty KP:

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

MacGruberKnows wrote:Sam Panopoulos, inventor of Hawaiian pizza, dies aged 83

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/5c235055 ... d039d0f098

Did not know it was invented by a Canadian? We also invented poutine.

Fuck we are a great people. So many great innovations.

Modest too.

And don't nobody say the Hawaiian pizza is an abomination. We all know you love it.
A Greek-Canadian stealing the identity of Polynesian-Americans and angering authentic Italians in order to become wealthy.
A true enemy of social justice.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Shatterface wrote:
That might be this guy:

Ivar the Boneless.
Looks like one of my cousins (not so much the hairstyle).

Also I'm going to disagree with the osteogenesis imperfecta interpretation of Boneless. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, more likely.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

This is the most likely manifestation of my Viking heritage:

[youtube][/youtube]

She cracks me up - she's so nerdy and just doesn't care. She's having a great time and sharing the spinning love with the internetz. If you're so inclined you can spindle spin while you're walking, hanging out in the backyard with the dogs, etc. Humans have been creating yarn this way for hundreds of years.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Oops, trying again ...

[youtube][/youtube]

#32 Rat

Post by #32 Rat »

My favorite historical re-enactment.

[youtube][/youtube]

Excellent when made with apple cider & malt vinegar.

free thoughtpolice

Yumm food porn
[youtube][/youtube]