Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Rystefn

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Rystefn »

Steersman wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote: Maybe you would like to post your photograph so she can take potshots at your looks too? ….
So it's fair for me to call her a horse-faced hag, right? Because she's a horse-faced hag.
Certainly seems fair considering that you’ve posted your own photo. Although I wonder how you’d feel if you looked like Don Knotts or Quasimodo instead of the Marlboro Man [if a somewhat studious/punkish version] ….
Hey, it's not my fault I'm so damned pretty.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:
another lurker wrote: It's because the most rabid FTB'ers are not here to convert. They are here to feel morally righteous. They are here to rub their superiority in everyone's faces. Hence the obsession with rules. They are constantly looking for excuses to attack others. Notice how many of them live their lives on the board?

And for the record, the above complaint can be applied to any number of forum posters across an entire spectrum of interests. I have been a visitor to all sorts of blogs and forums over the last 10 years, and I have always ended up leaving because of the control freaks on every forum. People who live their lives on the forum/blog and who LORD it over everyone else.

They don't give a shit about their 'movement'. It's about jacking up their own egos. That's all it is, in the end.
An interesting viewpoint. Maybe it could be said that the FTBers are as you say all about acting morally righteous and superior. It could also be said that A+ was imagined to be a place where the dogma could actually be spread - that they'd be the people doing the work that the FTBers were too busy wanking to their reflections to bother with. Of course, A+ dissolved immediately into emotionally unstable shrieking, so a big failure there. There's just nothing rational to promote.

As far as your point about other places ending up like FTB, I hope that never becomes the case here. The problems in other forums, as you noted, come from people with control issues. Here, people will nag sometimes when people do things like repeatedly breach common-sense netiquette conventions, but really, it's somewhat anarchic here. Everyone lives and dies by their own words, and there are almost no rules. I was once part of a forum where the mods were absolutely iron-fisted as in A+ and FTB people were banned on a whim. It fell apart rather quickly. The people who didn't get banned, left in disgust because of these egomaniacal control freaks. The more rules, the more miserable the atmosphere of a site. Pharyngula and the rest of FtB are a testament to that.

The Pit, however, has a wonderfully relaxed feel to it, simply because there are no firm rules (other than no illegal posts or activity, basically). So long story short, hopefully this place can avoid these types of pitfalls.
In case there is any confusion, in no way was I casting any aspersions about the Slymepit. I am a complete and utter newbie, and have spent only a few minutes reading your posts. I do not have enough information as of yet to form any bad opinions:P

The last forum that I had trouble on was a right wing forum. The home of 'principled conservatism'. YET, if anyone so much as disagreed with the dogma, they were automatically accused of being trolls and banned. The forum owners often bragged about their commitment to free speech, but if someone suggested that hey, maybe neo-nazis should be shunned for their behaviour, the forum owners would go ballistic and start threatening the ban hammer.

The right wing bullies and the FTbullies - not much difference. At all. Two sides of the same coin.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:

http://wcoa.info/tffb.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, I'm just baking four dozen prosciutto and gruyère pinwheels. They'll be out of the oven in about 15 minutes. I'm in Atherton this evening, so if anyone want to pop round a grab a couple while they're still warm, feel free to do so. It's the house with the silver 2005 Honda CR-V and the red 1994 Miata parked outside.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Found this gem in my Facecrack newsfeed:
holy crap, that one hell ov a population explosion since I last looked

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: In case there is any confusion, in no way was I casting any aspersions about the Slymepit. I am a complete and utter newbie, and have spent only a few minutes reading your posts. I do not have enough information as of yet to form any bad opinions:P
Oh, I never thought you were casting aspersions. Your post just got me thinking about this place and its (so far, anyway) immunity from the problems you've observed at FTB and other places.
The last forum that I had trouble on was a right wing forum. The home of 'principled conservatism'. YET, if anyone so much as disagreed with the dogma, they were automatically accused of being trolls and banned. The forum owners often bragged about their commitment to free speech, but if someone suggested that hey, maybe neo-nazis should be shunned for their behaviour, the forum owners would go ballistic and start threatening the ban hammer.

The right wing bullies and the FTbullies - not much difference. At all. Two sides of the same coin.
Sure sounds like it. And it's not just sites that are centered around an ideology, like FTB and that right wing forum you mention. The forum that went to totalitarian hell that I mentioned in my previous post was a fucking social forum, for chrissakes - a place where about 200 people that had become friends elsewhere on the net had created just to have a good time in a virtual chat toom. The mods were so hell-bent on maintaining a friendly atmosphere that they ended up wrecking the place. Irony meter overload.

franc

Post by franc »

Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

http://i.imgur.com/47SfD.jpg

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

]http://wcoa.info/tffb.jpg
There's three hundred billion women in the world?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

Finally, someone -normal- that I can talk to, other than my boyfriend.

The FTBullies are so warped, I feel like I have been living in an alternate universe, with noone to talk (bitch about ftb) to!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

mutleyeng wrote:
holy crap, that one hell ov a population explosion since I last looked
30-some women for every man alive. Yet we can't muster 50% attendence at conferences? C'mon ladies, y'all are slacking.

For some reason, this makes me think of Oprah and her 9000 penises.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

franc wrote:
rayshul wrote:I made a list earlier of my top ten but it's altered somewhat so:

1. Adam Lee
2. Oolon
Yes. Just the kind of attention the turd craves - his life is a hollow cave of tears and echoing sorrow without it. Fuck him. Really, he's like a piece of dogshit you step in on the street. Scrape it off and keep walking while you ponder more relevant things. One more time for Chester (you know he's reading) -
I've never engaged with oolon beyond making this list (and my top 10 list that preceded it) - he's remained on every single one of my ban lists and filters after seeing him scumming up the original Tf00t blogs. I would say that Lee and oolon are exactly the same type of person and it's that type of self-righteous suck-up creep (your toilet slave -.-) that I find most disgusting to encounter on the interwebs. So I don't see a point in not clumping them together on my "worst humans" list. If it pleases the little cunt then jolly fucking good, I've filtered him out of every media and will never have to see him gloat about it.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:

Oh, that's right. I missed that one third part. Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote:Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

The FTBullies are so warped, I feel like I have been living in an alternate universe, with noone to talk (bitch about ftb) to!
You're quite welcome.

This is a great place for a conversation. To be honest, I come here for the lulz mostly, although I did find this place due to getting totally pissed off at FTB and Skepchick. I post some serious stuff once in a while, but I usually just post fluff and larf at the antics of Peezus and Co. It's all good. You'll enjoy it here. You should register.

http://i.imgur.com/Wm4lg.jpg

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Happy New Year Pitters
Where's my hat? I feel naked.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Gumby wrote:

reminds me of that line in the Battle of Britain, with Hermann Goering looking up at the skies full of bombers headed for poor lil ol blighty ..."If ve looze now, ve dererve to have our arses kicked out of europe" ...or something like that

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I will register right now!

I have more bitching to do too!

pandora

Post by pandora »

100 BILLION women alive on this planet right now who have been raped or beaten eh? Impressive.

I'm so sick of these stupid bitches telling me I should be afraid of my own fucking shadow. They demean real, actual rape by turning the slightest glance their way by any man into RAPE!!!11eleventy!!!. Obviously no-one read them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when they were children.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

franc wrote:

Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

Dummy or real is irrelevant. I can hear echoes of similar psychodramatics from maniacs of the past. If real, don't see the point of masking identities if the morons don't bother themselves.
I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

pandora wrote:100 BILLION women alive on this planet right now who have been raped or beaten eh? Impressive.

I'm so sick of these stupid bitches telling me I should be afraid of my own fucking shadow. They demean real, actual rape by turning the slightest glance their way by any man into RAPE!!!11eleventy!!!. Obviously no-one read them "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" when they were children.
Hi, Pandora! Welcome to the Pit :)

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Ape+lust wrote: Oh, that's right. I missed that one third part. Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.
Yeah no shit. We men must be very powerful, to run a successful Patriarchy against those odds.

All right folks, I'm outta here. Happy New Year. May 2013 be covered in Slyme.

franc

Post by franc »

another lurker wrote:Gumby, thank you for this conversation.

You're not allowed to like us. We're monsters.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

That is such fucking bullshit... all of the additional requirements for rape there as well as "full on" rape are done by women as well. Women manipulate, trick, or lie to men in order to get sex as well. As for the fucking people while they're lying there drugged up, women do that as well. They also do forced rape, with the help of other things (like I said, drugs)- rope, blunt objects, etc. This guy needs to quit pretending women are innocent of such things.

1/3 of women in the world have been raped? I guess they don't need citations but they'll squawk "citation!" when we mention something they know good and well happened and don't expect them to deny.

And stop being so sexist as well. Seriously, a man is not allowed to tell a woman he's not a rapist because it will give her a false sense of security? No one is allowed to tell a woman not all men are rapists it will give her a false sense of security? Upsetting, sexist, extremist bullshit. I wish I never read such crap.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Ape+lust wrote:
Revise that to 90-some women for every man in my other post. They should be able to shut down the atheist/skeptic "sausage fests" no problem.
someone should tell the Muslims they better off where they are

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:

Yeah, “Skeptixx,” shockingly enough, women often do see connections between physical attacks that are motivated by misogyny and verbal attacks that are motivated by misogyny. Haven’t you seen those domestic violence warning signs pamphlets in the Planned Parenthood bathrooms? They all emphasize how domestic violence isn’t just hitting and punching, it’s also tearing down the victim’s self-esteem, telling her she’s worthless, etc.

Oh wait, you probably haven’t. There’s that pesky male privilege again!

Get the fuck over it. Your outrage about Ophelia’s alleged giant ego is unconvincing.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-397741

Almost as funny as when Illuminata called me a chill-girl.
Reminds me of getting a kiss-off letter from a grad school addressing me as "Mr. [Mylastname]", after I had not only applied & had letters of reference sent to them but had gone out to visit/interview in person. (A science department at MIT in the 1980's - they probably weren't all that used to women applicants.)

And since I apparently don't know when to stop:
http://i.imgur.com/v5Jss.png

(Hi Ophelia!)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

Long story short, he's out of jail, she's in jail and his shit got replaced. Wasn't a pretty fight, though.

Al Stefanelli, your friend's misfortune reminds me of this Dave la Chappelle skit:

Altair

Post by Altair »

Every time I read that I wonder if these people are truly that paranoid or they are faking it to control others or something like that. If they really think that, it really is a scary world they live in.

Also, he/she (although there's something with the blurred picture's color distribution that makes me think the poster is a woman) is telling this Gary person to tell women not to trust any man. That presents a bit of a logistics problem.

If Gary, a man, tells a woman not to trust any man, should she trust him and believe it? :think:

franc

Post by franc »

Al Stefanelli wrote:I wrote a letter of amicus curiae for a dude who kinda went through the same shit. His girlfriend cheated on him, so he fucked her friend or something. She went to his house and smashed in his big screen TV and threw his laptop in the dishwasher. He called the cops on her, to which she claimed all the damage was done while she was trying to 'escape' from him, and that he eventually caught her and brutally raped her.

War stories. Knew a guy that kicked one of these things out of his apartment and changed locks. Didn't matter. She broke in while he was out, then attacked him with a pair of scissors when he got home, only managing to slash the palm of his hand. Of course the neighbours called the cops. They separated them, had a good laugh at the 'lover's quarrel", told him not to bother with charges as they had prior records on him back at the station if he wanted to make a fuss, and gave the precious petal a ride home.

Now, reverse the genders.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

another lurker wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Al Stefanelli, your friend's misfortune reminds me of this Dave la Chappelle skit:

Ha ha ha, I've seen that. Fucking hilarious! Been a while, thanks for the laughs

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Al Stefanelli, I accidentaly pasted the wrong link, and there seems to be no edit button.

Try this one:

http://www.myvidster.com/video/4145206/ ... Video_Clip_

If it does not work, it's probably blocked because Viacom is a douchebag company:((

Sorry!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tigzy wrote:Ha-haaa. Skep Tickle, I see Sally Syringe has leapt into the fray armed with major herpaderps:

Yeah, “Skeptixx,” shockingly enough, women often do see connections between physical attacks that are motivated by misogyny and verbal attacks that are motivated by misogyny. Haven’t you seen those domestic violence warning signs pamphlets in the Planned Parenthood bathrooms? They all emphasize how domestic violence isn’t just hitting and punching, it’s also tearing down the victim’s self-esteem, telling her she’s worthless, etc.

Oh wait, you probably haven’t. There’s that pesky male privilege again!

Get the fuck over it. Your outrage about Ophelia’s alleged giant ego is unconvincing.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-397741

Almost as funny as when Illuminata called me a chill-girl.
I think Sally just impaled herself on an irony rod.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

I nominate Richard Carrier as one of the worst people in 2012. His infamous "with-us-or-against-us" followed by a shit load of invective for anyone who didn't pledge 100% loyalty for the thing he just thought of 5 minutes ago really set the whole tone for Atheism+ and the whole baboonosphere.

Secondly, I propose from now on we fight fire with fire. Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson, Burly Amish and co do not have the right to speak on, for or on behalf of men or men's issues.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

I dont know about the worse person, but JT was easily the one who most made me want to slap him around the face with a dead fish....for his "what about love?" bollocks at skepticon 5 - that was just offensive

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Altair wrote:

Every time I read that I wonder if these people are truly that paranoid or they are faking it to control others or something like that. If they really think that, it really is a scary world they live in.

Also, he/she (although there's something with the blurred picture's color distribution that makes me think the poster is a woman) is telling this Gary person to tell women not to trust any man. That presents a bit of a logistics problem.

If Gary, a man, tells a woman not to trust any man, should she trust him and believe it? :think:
Yeah, the poster is a woman. I didn't include her pic or name because I am not sure if her page is private or public. Gary, however, ripped her a new asshole, and but good, too:

http://www.wcoa.info/tffb2.jpg

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

Darren

Post by Darren »

franc wrote:Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

Whoa... you're not chanelling Matt Dillahunty there, are you franc?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

franc wrote:
War stories. Knew a guy that kicked one of these things out of his apartment and changed locks. Didn't matter. She broke in while he was out, then attacked him with a pair of scissors when he got home, only managing to slash the palm of his hand. Of course the neighbours called the cops. They separated them, had a good laugh at the 'lover's quarrel", told him not to bother with charges as they had prior records on him back at the station if he wanted to make a fuss, and gave the precious petal a ride home.

Now, reverse the genders.
That's horrible :/ Those cops are sexist scum. That is so wrong.
But why should I be surprised at the scissors incident... when there are cops who will tell someone to "man up" when their girlfriend gives them a concussion. I have a friend who was severely abused by an ex wife... both times help was brought (once by her against him.. :roll: ) HE was the one that got screwed over. Once when he pushed her (she had been beating on him)- she told the courts he was abusive. when she admitted and told them in detail exactly how she was the abusive one, they said she was just saying that because she was afraid. She continued to insist, so the judge said that he should have "left" if he was being abused. Then there are the clearly sexist abuse laws.

Then there's that time he had hundreds of cuts all over his body, called in because he was suicidal. On the phone he had to push her away, she squawked (perhaps for their attention.. hmm), and then somehow HE was the one in trouble. The nurse told him he wasn't suicidal "because the cuts weren't deep enough."
Darren wrote:
I understand his point if he meant its irrelevant because some people actually think like that!

JTC

Post by JTC »

Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote: Maybe you would like to post your photograph so she can take potshots at your looks too? ….
So it's fair for me to call her a horse-faced hag, right? Because she's a horse-faced hag.
Certainly seems fair considering that you’ve posted your own photo. Although I wonder how you’d feel if you looked like Don Knotts or Quasimodo instead of the Marlboro Man [if a somewhat studious/punkish version] ….
Hey, it's not my fault I'm so damned pretty.
Tough job; someone has to do it.

Although it seems that sexual desireability is not all that it is cracked up to be (very little is, I’ve found: I remember reading that Charles Dickens, I think, happened to have spent his honeymoon visiting Niagara Falls and when asked about it said that it was the second biggest disappointment of his trip – an acquired taste).

But read an interesting article on the perspective over on a site I’d found in searching about InMalafide. And then there are the cases like Playboy Playmate Dorothy Stratten and Deep Throat star Linda Lovelace who described the “callous and exploitative practices in the pornography industry” – lots of people get chewed-up and spit out the other end of that process which is largely predicated on sexual desireability – or rather on its “intersection” with other social values and perspectives.

Reminds me of something that I think Jacob Bronowski [The Ascent of Man] said about similar situations: “For the environment exacts a price for the survival of the fittest; it captures them” – although one needs to put “fittest” in quotes to emphasize its relativity ….

xinit

Post by xinit »

Reap wrote:Ok I need everyone to list your TOP 5 jerk-face, moron, fuck-wad,A+ idiots or FTB assholes for my end of the year list. No need to give reasons why and if you think that more than 1 can fit in as number 1, thats ok. I'm not sure the best way to tally it. List it here unless it gets messy I guess? Or if you cant risk posting it here then hit me up on FB (Reap Paden) Polls close at 11:59pm pst Jan 1
Greg Laden IS my top 5.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

JTC wrote:Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon
Happy New Year, to you, too, Jerry. When you got time, pull up a chair and chat a while.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Top 5:

1. The Huge Zvanatee
2. Cobweb Cunt
3. Twatson
4. Peezus
5. Two-cows

Grag and colon just don't make it - they are too ineffectual.

Laugh of the Year: A+Theism - how does that fucking work, eh? Oh, that's right. It doesn't.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Question... there was a woman I came across on YA who had gotten pregnant with her boyfriend - while he was asleep. Would he have to pay child support if he decided to leave her? And what would Atheism +'s take be on this? They'd probably be all "omg, he should have to pay for the child! How can he not take care of his child?! She's pregnant and ON HER OWN OMG"

Darren

Post by Darren »

Completely irrelevant, but I just saw this in my twitter feed:

http://i.imgur.com/YteQH.png

Sure enough, if you do a Google search for that phrase, her blog comes up on top. So, if you have a few spare seconds, why not Google "what are your consequences if genealogy isn't taken seriously" (without the quotes), and click on Miranda's blog. Sometimes I just like fucking with people :P

xinit

Post by xinit »

Maximus wrote:Top 5:
5- Matt Dillahunty. Not being able to apply skepticism to his sacred cows.
Well, until his sacred cows shat on his head in the A+ forums...

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

O thunderf00ts video:

Did any one notice at 03:47 how PZ "scratched" his forehead?
Do you think PZ he knew he was telling a lie?

Happy new year all!!

franc

Post by franc »

Darren wrote:
franc wrote:Have to follow that up with what fell into one of my feeds -

Touché. But I am not going to claim an imgur image is gospel truth, a la Myers and the Great Fish Massacre. I did search but couldn't find anything, thus disclaimer. But eerily similar to past experience -

He: The real estate just called. They say they haven't gotten the rent. You did pay it didn't you?
She (sporting new ipod and cellphone): Of course I did sweetie.
He: Can I have the receipt?
She: (lips purse, various excuses)
He: Let's go to the real estate and sort it then
She: YOU WON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT (more excuses, some screaming, counter accusations, storms out of flat to call cops that she's terrified for her life from crazy boyfriend)

Etc. A drama that is played out in one variant or another every second of every day.

Altair

Post by Altair »

I hoped they would think a little bit after reading Skeptixx's awesome post at B&W and would try to answer the points she raised (yes, I know, I should know better by now), but all we got was the usual crap from Stacy
Stacy wrote:
Cutee wrote: Ophelia Benson USED (yes, I said it) the brutalizing of a rape victim to further enhance the opinion, in some people’s minds, that she is a victim of anything even approaching this
No she didn’t, shithead. Only somebody who can’t read for comprehension–e.g., a slimepitster–could get that from what Ophelia wrote.

skeptixx, duness, et al–you are making this thread–which, for the reading impaired, is about rape culture, and how it impacts women in small as well as horrific ways–all about you and your campaign against Ophelia.

You are disgusting people. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, but I suspect you’re incapable of shame, or of honest self-reflection to any degree whatsoever. Fuck off, and take teh stoopid with you, kthxbai.
Now, whoever Cutee and Duness are, they have been branded pitters. Well, actually pitsters, but we get the idea. Maybe we'll see them register here in the next days?

It's also interesting how the victim's male friend is usually hand-waved away. He survived and what happened to him was not as bad as what happened to her, but, as Ophelia herself acknowledged in her post, he was also beat up, stripped and thrown off the bus with her.

That doesn't jive with the "rape culture" and "misogyny" angles, so the guy is never mentioned in these kind of articles.

In closing, I agreee with Skep Tickle, although I make the point less eloquently than she does. It must be that male privilege she hasn't checked in ages.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Altair wrote:I hoped they would think a little bit after reading Skeptixx's awesome post at B&W and would try to answer the points she raised (yes, I know, I should know better by now), but all we got was the usual crap from Stacy
Stacy wrote:
Cutee wrote: Ophelia Benson USED (yes, I said it) the brutalizing of a rape victim to further enhance the opinion, in some people’s minds, that she is a victim of anything even approaching this
No she didn’t, shithead. Only somebody who can’t read for comprehension–e.g., a slimepitster–could get that from what Ophelia wrote.

skeptixx, duness, et al–you are making this thread–which, for the reading impaired, is about rape culture, and how it impacts women in small as well as horrific ways–all about you and your campaign against Ophelia.

You are disgusting people. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves, but I suspect you’re incapable of shame, or of honest self-reflection to any degree whatsoever. Fuck off, and take teh stoopid with you, kthxbai.
Now, whoever Cutee and Duness are, they have been branded pitters. Well, actually pitsters, but we get the idea. Maybe we'll see them register here in the next days?

It's also interesting how the victim's male friend is usually hand-waved away. He survived and what happened to him was not as bad as what happened to her, but, as Ophelia herself acknowledged in her post, he was also beat up, stripped and thrown off the bus with her.

That doesn't jive with the "rape culture" and "misogyny" angles, so the guy is never mentioned in these kind of articles.

In closing, I agreee with Skep Tickle, although I make the point less eloquently than she does. It must be that male privilege she hasn't checked in ages.
right... stacy.. ever think that maybe if it was posted by someone ELSE who didn't go on about themselves after posting it that they'd talk about the post rather than chiming in to support her post?

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

franc wrote: Touché. But I am not going to claim an imgur image is gospel truth, a la Myers and the Great Fish Massacre. I did search but couldn't find anything, thus disclaimer. But eerily similar to past experience -

He: The real estate just called. They say they haven't gotten the rent. You did pay it didn't you?
She (sporting new ipod and cellphone): Of course I did sweetie.
He: Can I have the receipt?
She: (lips purse, various excuses)
He: Let's go to the real estate and sort it then
She: YOU WON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT (more excuses, some screaming, counter accusations, storms out of flat to call cops that she's terrified for her life from crazy boyfriend)

Etc. A drama that is played out in one variant or another every second of every day.
Yikes. That sounds eerily familiar. Granted, the way I got out of it was she had already violated her parole by not getting routine drug tests, so to falsely file a report, she'd have to go to the police and be arrested right after.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Four Hundred

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Four Hundred
Eucli's post count?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I don't really have much of a problem with Ophelia - but then again, I have only read her blog on/off for a short while. In short, I know nothing.

I just watched Thunderf00ts video however, and he characterizes many FTBers as 'professional victims' and that sounds about right.

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Eucli's post count?
How many hats?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Eucli's post count?
Er no, but you could stop being so obsessed with me? You've already tried net stalking me. It's bad enough that you now know you live near me and joked about running me over - no idea if you'd NOT do it though. Everyone knows one psychopath... I don't want to be lesbiraped in my sleep.So please no more name mentions so that your obsession calms down.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Altair wrote:... It's also interesting how the victim's male friend is usually hand-waved away. He survived and what happened to him was not as bad as what happened to her, but, as Ophelia herself acknowledged in her post, he was also beat up, stripped and thrown off the bus with her.

That doesn't jive with the "rape culture" and "misogyny" angles, so the guy is never mentioned in these kind of articles. ...
Good point. I haven't been following the news reports & what I've heard only barely mentioned the man. It'd be great if he were mentioned more often & more prominently as a victim in the attack, not cast to the side of the road (yet again).

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

JTC wrote:Happy New Year Pit. I read the entire thread over these few weeks and it's been a trip. Thanks for keeping these fuckwads in check and it's been pleasure conversing with a few of you over twitter. You're a solid group of people and all the hyperbolic nonsense I used to read about "The Pit" on FTB is just that.... nonsense.

Take care friends,

Jerry Conlon
Cheers, Jerry. Love your work, keep it up. :handgestures-thumbup:

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Eucliwood wrote:lesbiraped
Well played, Eucli.

'Four Hundred' was in reference to my own post count, because there are those on certain blogging networks that seem to be obsessed with my post count here. Just reminding them, is all.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Eucli's post count?
Per hour?

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

This Indian rape story is more about class/caste than any other factor.
It's odd that the victim hasn't been named yet.
I hadn't realised that Ophie has moved to India though. I take back all my disbelief about her living in a misogynist culture.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

bubblesort wrote: I like that quote, but I see privilege theory arguments as inherently Marxist rather than Stalinist (although Stalinism was kind of Marxist, I guess). The privilege check police seek to divide us into classes in order to create class conflict because their framework falls apart without class conflict. I've found that most people on A+ and even other non-atheist and non-activist forums I frequent who are the loudest privilege-check police are almost always Marxist. I've noticed a surge of Marxists in online communities over the past month or so, and they aren't always advocating privilege checks, sometimes they try to argue things like value theory.
Stalinism was only Marxist for as long as Stalin needed to seem Leninist. I don't think Stalin read much Marx, and what he did read he plainly did not understand. Once Lenin was dead, and various rivals were out of the way, Stalin could openly be what he'd always been: Stalinist. After that, economics and class theory were only window dressing for the real agenda: The ruthless and capricious wielding of total power by someone totally unfitted for authority of any kind.

Be grateful these little Web Warriors are only able to conduct their show trials and fulfil their execution quotas virtually. If they had real power it would be really ugly. Not that these runts are potential replicas of Stalin of course. They more like your low-ranking NKVD goon. Beating lest they be beaten.