Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote:
Any reason. It doesn't matter. He can fire him because has three nipples. Really. ANY reason means ANY reason. This isn't hard. The FBI director serves the President. The President is the elected Executive of the United States.
Any reason? Like firing him to cover up a crime?
So he serves the president and not the people of the US? So if the president gives him an order that violates the constitution or breaks the law he needs to obey the president?

John D

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:
John D wrote:
d4m10n wrote: The President took an oath to uphold the constitution, and has already found himself stymied on occasion as a result of promulgating orders which (arguably) violate provisions thereof.
So.... you want to change the subject for some reason? You think that any president that makes an order that is overturned by the SCOTUS is impeachable? So... Obama should have been impeached for his illegal immigrant order? Haha. Please say something reasonable.
It seemed to me that you were arguing that the President has zero constitutional checks on his actions, so long as those actions are confined to the executive branch. This is simply not how it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I was simply saying that the POTUS has full authority to legally fire the FBI director for any reason (because he doesn't swallow - for example). The power to remove a president does not come from the FBI. It comes from the Senate which can impeach him/her and remove them from office with a 2/3 vote. The constitutions is not in crisis.... only pinko uni professors are in crisis.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Another interesting video, more questions to McMaster, including specific ones about Trump revealing classified information from a US partner in the meeting:

[youtube][/youtube]

He carefully dodges the question about whether Trump talked about what the WaPo article said he talked about. So basically we have to trust his judgment that what Trump said wasn't revealing any "inappropriate" information.

The WaPo article seems to be accurate, it's just that WaPO and McMaster disagree about the importance of what Trump revealed to the Russians.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Joe Rogan is livestreaming his latest podcast with Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson & Michael Shermer. No word on whether they'll address the recent rape accusations against noted atheist blogger Dan Arel.

[youtube][/youtube]

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

shoutinghorse wrote:Openly back Hamas, Hezbollah, IRA, Black Lives Matter, Stalinism & AntiFa, but don't you dare share tweet jokes about Muslims or Women if you want to become an MP.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3569001/u ... d-muslims/
Those tweets are not as "offensive" as CJ Werleman's jokes about Muslims and Arabs.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote:It is depressing that Trump is truly putting barriers between Pit brothers and sisters.

[youtube][/youtube]
You're right. Here's something we can all agree on:
[youtube][/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:The latest... the leaker leaked more than Trump actually talked about during the meeting. The whitehouse is freaking out. The extra info was indeed classified and the leak has jeopardized some people. They are scrambling to fix that. They had to blast the tv in the press room so that the press wouldn't overhear the yelling after it started.

Mike Cernovich has a live stream. The link is temporary right now, but you can still rewind to the beginning while it's up and it'll stay up for a while after it's done. It's at:
[.youtube][/youtube]
The permanent copy will be posted later sometime at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC87YBe ... w5tcCxsXgQ
Interesting. Gather some people, even some here ..., are not too impressed with Gorilla Mindset, but seems plausible. Bit of a "problematic" suggestion (early on at the beginning) that McMasters has hired a pro-Hamas supporter - not sure whether the "Intelligence" Community knows whether they are ["incoming cliche!"] on foot or horseback. Quite a good post in The Federalist about a year ago that emphasizes the point:
How President Obama Made Syria An Unfixable Quagmire

.... The Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that Syrian opposition forces backed by the CIA and the Pentagon are now fighting each other. (Buzzfeed’s Mike Giglio actually wrote this story more than a month ago, with the simple but true headline: “America Is In A Proxy War With Itself In Syria.”) The Syrian conflagration has entered the phase where pretty much everyone shoots at everyone else ....
Had hoped that Trump at least was prepared to recognize that Islam itself is the problem, but that seems moot:

Not that some aren't trying to get his attention - mules, two by fours up alongside the ears, and all that:
Palestinians: The Threats Trump Needs to Hear

... A new policy document recently published by Hamas says that the Islamic terror movement accepts a Palestinian state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, but without recognizing Israel's right to exist. Translation: Hamas seeks a Palestinian state that would be used as a launching pad to destroy Israel. ....

John D

Post by John D »

Just as a reminder. I love to argue and I change my mind about stuff all the time. Part of the reason I am here is so you assholes can yell at me and fix my mistakes. Sometimes you are right... and... well.... sometimes not so much. Haha. There is so much activity on this "leak" story that I can't keep up right now. I am having trouble find the original WaPo story to see what the exact claim is.... and how that lines upo with what McMaster has said.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote:Just as a reminder. I love to argue and I change my mind about stuff all the time. Part of the reason I am here is so you assholes can yell at me and fix my mistakes. Sometimes you are right... and... well.... sometimes not so much. Haha. There is so much activity on this "leak" story that I can't keep up right now. I am having trouble find the original WaPo story to see what the exact claim is.... and how that lines upo with what McMaster has said.
I think it was this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:Just as a reminder. I love to argue and I change my mind about stuff all the time. Part of the reason I am here is so you assholes can yell at me and fix my mistakes. Sometimes you are right... and... well.... sometimes not so much. Haha. There is so much activity on this "leak" story that I can't keep up right now. I am having trouble find the original WaPo story to see what the exact claim is.... and how that lines upo with what McMaster has said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... bcb5796c40

Kind of get the impression that all the other newsrags are just quoting WaPo - only they had contact with the leaker.

John D

Post by John D »

Steersman wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... bcb5796c40

Kind of get the impression that all the other newsrags are just quoting WaPo - only they had contact with the leaker.
That can't be the original story because it has a time of 7:45pm yesterday. The original WaPo article hit yesterday afternoon cause I watched the aspie WaPo reporter on Newshour at 6:00pm.

And yes.... all other media sources are simply quoting from the original WaPo article.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote: That can't be the original story because it has a time of 7:45pm yesterday. The original WaPo article hit yesterday afternoon cause I watched the aspie WaPo reporter on Newshour at 6:00pm.

And yes.... all other media sources are simply quoting from the original WaPo article.
The timestamps on online news posts are irrelevant because they change every time the author(s) change the piece. Here's an archive of the article stamped 5:01.

http://archive.is/25QQx

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote:I was simply saying that the POTUS has full authority to legally fire the FBI director for any reason (because he doesn't swallow - for example). The power to remove a president does not come from the FBI. It comes from the Senate which can impeach him/her and remove them from office with a 2/3 vote. The constitutions is not in crisis.... only pinko uni professors are in crisis.
I really don't think that there's any reasonable argument for impeachment at this point. There's nothing definitive about Trump acting illegally. For all we know now he might have just been sympathetic to some kind of resolution of tensions with Russia to focus on fighting muslim terrorism and various Salafi militias (just like he and pretty much all other US presidents act sympathetically towards Saudi Arabia), and just reckless about using information without knowing where it came from (during the campaign) or about divulging information to the representatives of a foreign power (in the last meeting).

There are some gray areas looking into what's going on, though. Did Trump or any of his close associates meet with representatives of Russia or talked to them or used third parties to discuss the leaks of Clinton's emails, and if so, in what context? Did Russian authorities sell part of the control of Rosneft to Trump or his associates? What is the exact nature of the financial and political links between Trump, some of his associates (Manafort, Flynn) and Russia and/or other foreign powers?

There's also a lot of ridiculous bullshit about "golden showers" or Russia blackmailing Trump with tapes of him fucking Russian hookers or Putin personally ordering the hacking of Clinton's emails. The US need some kind of independent commission to look into what's going on, answer to questions and separate the bullshit from what's more credible.

free thoughtpolice

There's also a lot of ridiculous bullshit about "golden showers" or Russia blackmailing Trump with tapes of him fucking Russian hookers or Putin personally ordering the hacking of Clinton's emails. The US need some kind of independent commission to look into what's going on, answer to questions and separate the bullshit from what's more credible.
The golden showers thing is prepostrous, everyone knows how much Trump hates leakers. :rimshot:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm assuming PZ still holds to the idea that the old school big tent "skeptic leadership" conspired to keep atheism out of TAM etc and is a liberal cabal.

He would however like to set the record straight on Trump.
I don’t believe there is a conspiracy, or that our president is a Russian mole. Instead, I accept the “he’s a stupid man” theory.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:
John D wrote: That can't be the original story because it has a time of 7:45pm yesterday. The original WaPo article hit yesterday afternoon cause I watched the aspie WaPo reporter on Newshour at 6:00pm.

The timestamps on online news posts are irrelevant because they change every time the author(s) change the piece. Here's an archive of the article stamped 5:01.

http://archive.is/25QQx
This is the most important part:
Trump went on to discuss aspects of the threat that the United States only learned through the espionage capabilities of a key partner. He did not reveal the specific intelligence gathering method, but described how the Islamic State was pursuing elements of a specific plot and how much harm such an attack could cause under varying circumstances. Most alarmingly, officials said, Trump revealed the city in the Islamic State’s territory where the U.S. intelligence partner detected the threat.

The Washington Post is withholding most plot details, including the name of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities.

“Everyone knows this stream is very sensitive and the idea of sharing it at this level of granularity with the Russians is troubling,” said a former senior U.S. counterterrorism official who also worked closely with members of the Trump national security team. He and others spoke on condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the subject.

The identification of the location was seen as particularly problematic, officials said, because Russia could use that detail to help identify the U.S. ally or intelligence capability involved. Officials said that the capability could be useful for other purposes, possibly providing intelligence on Russia’s presence in Syria. Moscow and would be keenly interested in identifying that source and possibly disrupting it.

Russia and the United States both regard the Islamic State as an enemy and share limited information about terrorist threats. But the two nations have competing agendas in Syria, where Moscow has deployed military assets and personnel to support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

“Russia could identify our sources or techniques,” the senior U.S. official said. A former intelligence official who handled high-level intelligence on Russia said that given the clues Trump provided, “I don’t think that it would be that hard [for Russian spy services] to figure this out.”

At a more fundamental level, the information wasn’t the United States’ to provide to others. Under the rules of espionage, governments — and even individual agencies — are given significant control over whether and how the information they gather is disseminated even after it has been shared. Violating that practice undercuts trust considered essential to sharing secrets.

The officials declined to identify the ally, but said it is one that has previously voiced frustration with Washington’s inability to safeguard sensitive information related to Iraq and Syria.

“If that partner learned we’d given this to Russia without their knowledge or asking first that is a blow to that relationship,” the U.S. official said.
McMaster hasn't denied that Trump revealed the name of the city where the intel was gathered, he's actually confirmed it in the video I've posted at that top of the page. He's just not convinced that the reveal was inappropriate and thinks it fits within the pattern of sharing information with other countries about common threats.

I guess that without knowing the name of the city or which US ally gave the US this piece of intel it's hard to know for sure. I've read speculations which, if true, would definitely be cause for concern.

free thoughtpolice

Here's another Trump screw up, if not illegal highly unethical:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/p ... ation.html

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote: From your link:
I’ve written a bit about my own body image struggles, such as how wearing certain kinds of outfits helps me feel better about my body. To some degree, this is a normal body art practice; the self is the first audience, and we generally want to wear what makes us feel/look good.
How the hell do these people type this shit with a straight face? They call this scholarship.

Wait, so clothing can affect how a person feels about their body? If someone is overweight, cramming their body into ill-fitting clothing can make them feel bad? If a woman is slim, she can feel good if she slips into a perfectly fitted dress?
[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:I'm assuming PZ still holds to the idea that the old school big tent "skeptic leadership" conspired to keep atheism out of TAM etc and is a liberal cabal.

I don’t believe there is a conspiracy, or that our president is a Russian mole. Instead, I accept the “he’s a stupid man” theory.
I tend to agree with PeeZie on this one. More "narcissistic, reckless and uninformed" than stupid, though. By the way, isn't stupid "ableist"? You're a shitlord, PZ! :lol:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Boys and girls and those on the fence, I've started a separate Trump thread. C'mon down and praise or condemn, before the powers that be grow weary of talkin' 'bout our Cheeto in Chief.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Boys and girls and those on the fence, I've started a separate Trump thread. C'mon down and praise or condemn, before the powers that be grow weary of talkin' 'bout our Cheeto in Chief.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514

Thank fuck for that. All this Trump bashing & 'Russian Agent' bollocks is getting rather tedious to be honest.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
So Trump, McCaster & two other people, in addition to the Russians were in the room.

The news media allegedly received 30 different contacts.

Possibilities:
*"The Russians did it!!!" (I doubt the Russians would leak 30 times)
* McCaster, Trump or one of the other two talked to other staff about the non-privileged things that went on in the meeting with their staff, grape vine continues, reaches up to 30 chatty-kathies, one of the chatty-kathies has more information about sources & methods and leaks that information too.

dogen

Post by dogen »

MarcusAu wrote:It's always about Cthulhu, giant squid and kraken get no love (at least from most people).

Has anyone read Kraken by China Mieville?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _cover.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken_(novel)

It's a fun story of London, giant squid and the end of the world.
I enjoyed it, but not as much as some of his other stuff. Railsea was better.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: I'm still waiting for Trump to even do something stupid. Everyone wants to push that narrative, but there's nothing solid to back it up.
Talking about state secrets in a more or less informal meeting with representatives of a foreign country, without at least having checked what you're going to say with your intelligence agencies, is pretty stupid. If Obama had done it Trump would had turned it into a meme about "Crooked Barry".

I think there's a lot of smoke and still not enough of a fire when it comes to illegal actions, but the threshold for calling something stupid is much lower, and this was a stupid move no matter how you spin it.
Since he did nothing illegal, then he did not spill any info that he's not allowed to at his discretion. If Obama had done it, absolutely nothing would have happened. No one would have even thought it worth mentioning.
But the point is, Obama wouldn't have done it. Because it was done to try to impress the Russians; and Obama, unlike Trump, doesn't have the impulse control and desire-for-affirmation of a 6 year old.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Steersman wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:The latest... the leaker leaked more than Trump actually talked about during the meeting. The whitehouse is freaking out. The extra info was indeed classified and the leak has jeopardized some people. They are scrambling to fix that. They had to blast the tv in the press room so that the press wouldn't overhear the yelling after it started.

Mike Cernovich has a live stream. The link is temporary right now, but you can still rewind to the beginning while it's up and it'll stay up for a while after it's done. It's at:
[.youtube][/youtube]
The permanent copy will be posted later sometime at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC87YBe ... w5tcCxsXgQ
Interesting. Gather some people, even some here ..., are not too impressed with Gorilla Mindset, but seems plausible. Bit of a "problematic" suggestion (early on at the beginning) that McMasters has hired a pro-Hamas supporter - not sure whether the "Intelligence" Community knows whether they are ["incoming cliche!"] on foot or horseback. Quite a good post in The Federalist about a year ago that emphasizes the point:
How President Obama Made Syria An Unfixable Quagmire

.... The Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that Syrian opposition forces backed by the CIA and the Pentagon are now fighting each other. (Buzzfeed’s Mike Giglio actually wrote this story more than a month ago, with the simple but true headline: “America Is In A Proxy War With Itself In Syria.”) The Syrian conflagration has entered the phase where pretty much everyone shoots at everyone else ....
Had hoped that Trump at least was prepared to recognize that Islam itself is the problem, but that seems moot:
[tweet]]

Not that some aren't trying to get his attention - mules, two by fours up alongside the ears, and all that:
Palestinians: The Threats Trump Needs to Hear

... A new policy document recently published by Hamas says that the Islamic terror movement accepts a Palestinian state in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, but without recognizing Israel's right to exist. Translation: Hamas seeks a Palestinian state that would be used as a launching pad to destroy Israel. ....
Well, whether people are impressed or not, Cernovich keeps getting things right. And no matter what any rags with names ending in "Times" are saying, Trump is very against radical islam. He has no problem with moderate islam though, in a live and let live way. At today's press release, McMaster said that Trump wanted to visit sites important to all 3 of the region's major religions. He also backed up the thing about extra info being leaked in addition to stuff from the meeting.

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Boys and girls and those on the fence, I've started a separate Trump thread. C'mon down and praise or condemn, before the powers that be grow weary of talkin' 'bout our Cheeto in Chief.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514

Thank fuck for that. All this Trump bashing & 'Russian Agent' bollocks is getting rather tedious to be honest.

Indeed. There are important issues to consider. Just how "terrible" Becks and in what way?

http://i.imgur.com/yF7twbs.jpg

My guess is that Adam woke up when he correlated increased video editing demands with the appearance of BJ teeth.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote: Indeed. There are important issues to consider. Just how "terrible" Becks and in what way?

http://i.imgur.com/yF7twbs.jpg

My guess is that Adam woke up when he correlated increased video editing demands with the appearance of BJ teeth.

Pretty sure she meant Adam Savage, although the ex could have been there too I suppose. .. I notice "BF" has now been elevated to "C" in 'code speak' since he's met his future in-laws.

http://i.imgur.com/ztYDs3X.png

http://i.imgur.com/C8YDVxT.png

free thoughtpolice

Scented Nectar wrote:
Well, whether people are impressed or not, Cernovich keeps getting things right.
[youtube][/youtube]

Good thing we have reliable sources like Cernovich, David Seaman, Alex Jones so we don't have to rely on "journalists" likie the MSM. :roll:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Scented Nectar wrote:
Well, whether people are impressed or not, Cernovich keeps getting things right.
[.youtube][/youtube]

Good thing we have reliable sources like Cernovich, David Seaman, Alex Jones so we don't have to rely on "journalists" likie the MSM. :roll:
LoL. So that means that his story about the WhiteHouse & the WaPo article is wrong?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Adam here, Adam there, Adam bloody everywhere.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... qsO6H_qibw

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Scented Nectar wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Crap. Calling "pizzagate" true. Pizzagate was a shit show of conspiracy theorists proportions. I can understand 4channers trolling. I can understand insane reptiloid conspiracy fools getting suckered in.

But a lawyer? He saw that "evidence" and swallowed it whole? I generally thought he was OK, if not a little gun-ho. It really does call into question his ability to evaluate information, leaks and sources he receives.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Steersman wrote:LoL. So that means that his story about the WhiteHouse & the WaPo article is wrong?
Not necessarily. But it means you should be highly skeptical of Cernovich's fact collection, and evidence evaluation capabilities.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Brive1987 wrote:Adam here, Adam there, Adam bloody everywhere.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... qsO6H_qibw
Damn it, man! It's been over 35 years and I had just forgotten that particular horrorshow.

I'll have to fight back.

http://musicline.de/cover/Paper+Lace_An ... 100820.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:
Steersman wrote:LoL. So that means that his story about the WhiteHouse & the WaPo article is wrong?
Not necessarily. But it means you should be highly skeptical of Cernovich's fact collection, and evidence evaluation capabilities.
Agreed. But skeptical is one thing while being hyperskeptical is quite another.

Really a challenge though, deciding who has the goods and who's blowing smoke out their arses. Given the tendency for "the DeepState!!11!!" to put their thumbs on the scales, it's moot whether their story or that of Trump is the more credible. Kind of amused though that this whole process of leakers all over the place - Anonymous, WikiLeaks, da Russians!, etc - makes government more like a leaky sieve than not - the beginning of a truly open government?

Really?

Post by Really? »

http://www.anonymong.org/wp-content/upl ... png?189db0
The tweet he's citing:

John D

Post by John D »

The quote is interesting. It is not a direct threat. I would use similar language in a business negotiation:
“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:The quote is interesting. It is not a direct threat. I would use similar language in a business negotiation:
“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
Closer to a threat would be:
Trump tweeted on Friday that "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Keating

Post by Keating »

Really? wrote:[img.]http://www.anonymong.org/wp-content/upl ... png?189db0[/img]

[tweet.][/tweet]
The tweet he's citing:
Are those Bill Nye's orgy ice creams?

And, does Trump get two scopes of the orgy?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:The quote is interesting. It is not a direct threat. I would use similar language in a business negotiation:
Nice restaurant yuuz guys have here. Shame if something happened to it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dan Arel could pull out of his career death spiral by taking a page out of Dr. Richard Carrier, Ph.D.'s playbook:
I'll be in Grosse Pointe on Wednesday, competing in a darts tournament at the barroom of Metal Workers' Local 643. Come watch me play darts, drink domestic beer on tap, and talk about the marxist dialectic and white privilege. Or just come and watch me drink myself into a stupor then get the shit kicked out of me after I take a wild swing at a metal worker in a MAGA cap.

free thoughtpolice

:lol:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

[youtube][/youtube]

Trolling and mean internet comments are *literally* the holocaust guize...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:I'm assuming PZ still holds to the idea that the old school big tent "skeptic leadership" conspired to keep atheism out of TAM etc and is a liberal cabal.

I tend to agree with PeeZie on this one. More "narcissistic, reckless and uninformed" than stupid, though. By the way, isn't stupid "ableist"? You're a shitlord, PZ! :lol:
I'll credit Hanlon, rather than Mr. Octopus-Fiddler.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dan Arel could pull out of his career death spiral by taking a page out of Dr. Richard Carrier, Ph.D.'s playbook:
I'll be in Grosse Pointe on Wednesday, competing in a darts tournament at the barroom of Metal Workers' Local 643. Come watch me play darts, drink domestic beer on tap, and talk about the marxist dialectic and white privilege. Or just come and watch me drink myself into a stupor then get the shit kicked out of me after I take a wild swing at a metal worker in a MAGA cap.
He's going to talk marxist shit in a blue-collar bar...dear lord, let there be video, amen.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Dan Arel could pull out of his career death spiral by taking a page out of Dr. Richard Carrier, Ph.D.'s playbook:
He's going to talk marxist shit in a blue-collar bar...dear lord, let there be video, amen.
Wait! Grosse Pointe is one of the most exclusive areas in Michigan. Tons of old money. The bar is probably full of young rich commies from wealthy families.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:Jerry Coyne has been called a white supremacist. Jerry Coyne. Let that sink in for a minute.
Yep. Also apparently people like Razib Khan and Ayaan Hirsi Ali are also "white supremacist".

Seems to me that the term "white supremacist" as used by the usual suspects, means people who will explore forbidden topics and come to conclusions that are contrary to their dogma.

What the wingnuts apparently fail to realize is that to "normal" people they come across as ridiculous as well as revealing that they are ideologues.

Dunno about you guys, but to me the term ideologue is a damming pejorative. It says you are a waste of space and the world is a better place once you leave it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

This was mentioned here already. Right?

Trump to give speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia
"He will meet and have lunch with leaders of more than 50 Muslim countries, where he will deliver an inspiring, direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and the president's hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam," National Security Advisor HR McMaster told reporters.
I got high hopes I am going ROFLMAO. Do not let me down your orangeness!

CaptainFluffyBunny

jet_lagg wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
wmdkitty couldn't make $10 on a dock full of syphilitic sailors.
http://i.imgur.com/Muq22dy.png

Bravo, sir. :lol: :clap:
What odds would any of you give the WMDkitty has ever seen the police shoot anybody? Despite what that vicious little rectal polyp would have us believe, cops do not go around murdering people. Hopefully somebody calls her on it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Wait! Grosse Pointe is one of the most exclusive areas in Michigan. Tons of old money. The bar is probably full of young rich commies from wealthy families.
Oops, well, I picked that town the same way the Bay City Rollers picked their name.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

AndrewV69 wrote:This was mentioned here already. Right?
thehindu.com/news/international/trump-to-give-speech-on-islam-in-saudi-arabia/article18469333.ece]Trump to give speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia
"He will meet and have lunch with leaders of more than 50 Muslim countries, where he will deliver an inspiring, direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and the president's hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam," National Security Advisor HR McMaster told reporters.
I would hate to be on Trump's security team.

If Trump leaves office before his term is finished, it won't be because he is impeached. I thought odds were higher of a crack-pot radical leftist taking him out. But when he goes tromping over to the Middle East to talk about Islam, I can't help but see matters going wrong. The guy has balls of brass. And I bet all of the insiders who want to see him gone are not trying to talk him out of it.

I hope Pence is up to the task of taking over. Not looking forward to his stance on LGBT rights.

-Soylent

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:This was mentioned here already. Right?
thehindu.com/news/international/trump-to-give-speech-on-islam-in-saudi-arabia/article18469333.ece]Trump to give speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia
I would hate to be on Trump's security team.

If Trump leaves office before his term is finished, it won't be because he is impeached. I thought odds were higher of a crack-pot radical leftist taking him out. But when he goes tromping over to the Middle East to talk about Islam, I can't help but see matters going wrong. The guy has balls of brass. And I bet all of the insiders who want to see him gone are not trying to talk him out of it.

I hope Pence is up to the task of taking over. Not looking forward to his stance on LGBT rights.

-Soylent
Yet another wackjob hopped the White House fence today. I haven't gone into a statistical analysis, but my impression is that Trump has had far more wackjobs hopping the fence than Obama did, even though he was seen by the vast swath of billions of American white supremacists as the first Kenyan interloper or whatever the SJWs were trying to convince us represented a huge security problem.

https://www.rt.com/usa/388610-wh-lockdown-bike-rack/

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

deLurch wrote: But a lawyer? He saw that "evidence" and swallowed it whole? I generally thought he was OK, if not a little gun-ho. It really does call into question his ability to evaluate information, leaks and sources he receives.
Cernovich OK? Please, he's the Breitbart of the 2010s, and I'm hoping he has about the same shelf life. He even sounds like Breitbart. He's got "crank" written all over him.

Watch his 60 minutes bit, or him at the White House press meeting. Weird little man.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote: Wait! Grosse Pointe is one of the most exclusive areas in Michigan. Tons of old money. The bar is probably full of young rich commies from wealthy families.
Dr. Semen is probably hoping to get blasted in the face by the giggling boyfriend of a woman who wants to embarrass her GM VP father.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

I don't know what the word is for taking a break from an unending break, but I don't think it's vacation.

http://imgur.com/VtiR35C.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Ape+lust wrote:I don't know what the word is for taking a break from an unending break, but I don't think it's vacation.

http://imgur.com/VtiR35C.jpg

Indy's prepared for her homecoming.

http://i.imgur.com/YjxU3Gb.jpg

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Jerry Coyne has been called a white supremacist. Jerry Coyne. Let that sink in for a minute.
Yep. Also apparently people like Razib Khan and Ayaan Hirsi Ali are also "white supremacist".

Seems to me that the term "white supremacist" as used by the usual suspects, means people who will explore forbidden topics and come to conclusions that are contrary to their dogma.

What the wingnuts apparently fail to realize is that to "normal" people they come across as ridiculous as well as revealing that they are ideologues.

Dunno about you guys, but to me the term ideologue is a damming pejorative. It says you are a waste of space and the world is a better place once you leave it.
When you've decided that literally everything that is, was or ever could be is racist, the word "racist" no longer has much impact, and nobody takes any notice when you accuse them of being racists. Hence "white supremacist". Give it six months, that'll have lost it's sting and anyone who's not an SJW will probably be genocide advocates, and from there it's only a short step to planet devourers and Lovecraftian elder gods.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

paddybrown wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

When you've decided that literally everything that is, was or ever could be is racist, the word "racist" no longer has much impact, and nobody takes any notice when you accuse them of being racists. Hence "white supremacist". Give it six months, that'll have lost it's sting and anyone who's not an SJW will probably be genocide advocates, and from there it's only a short step to planet devourers and Lovecraftian elder gods.
In the old Atheism Plus forum using "stupid" as an insult was compared to advocating mass murder of people with learning disabilities.

The entire Po-mo left is going full Atheism Plus forum.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Tennessee outaws BLM...

http://dailyheadlines.com/tennessee-is- ... -campuses/

No idea how true/accurate this is as it's the only article I can find on the subject. Perhaps more info will appear later today.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So does anyone use 'ideologue' in a positive sense?

I never really thought about what it - but a quick google gives this as one definition:

"an adherent of an ideology, especially one who is uncompromising and dogmatic."

Which in a certain light - I think could describe me.

It's not that much of an insult, it's just saying that someone doesn't believe the same thing as you and is prepared to stand up for their beliefs - whilst entirely sidestepping what those beliefs might be. It's a label used to avoid discussion.

I can see why it's caught on.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Bhurzum wrote:Tennessee outaws BLM...

http://dailyheadlines.com/tennessee-is- ... -campuses/

No idea how true/accurate this is as it's the only article I can find on the subject. Perhaps more info will appear later today.
Edit: Outlaws BLM from interfering with public speakers at events etc.

(been x-comming all night, head up arse, skim read article, meh)

:oops: