1. Opehie
2. Setar et all elf genderqueer princess of Atheism+
3. Zvan
4. RW
5. Surly crybaby Amy.

welch

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by welch »

I know I should stop, but holy fuck that thread about the mods being...whatever at A+ is like crack. I can't stop going back and looking.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Reap wrote:Ok I need everyone to list your TOP 5 jerk-face, moron, fuck-wad,A+ idiots or FTB assholes for my end of the year list. No need to give reasons why and if you think that more than 1 can fit in as number 1, thats ok. I'm not sure the best way to tally it. List it here unless it gets messy I guess? Or if you cant risk posting it here then hit me up on FB (Reap Paden) Polls close at 11:59pm pst Jan 1
1. "Who The Fuck Is" Ed "Git" Brayton
2. Ophelia "You're Damaging My Online Rep" Benson
3. Stephanie "I Love Analyzing Greggie-poo" Zvan
4. "HalfFish Is My Bud" Crommunist
5. PZ "Dungeon Master" Myers

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Yeah i tweeted her asking if that meant she wasn't an atheist anymore. Lol, it hurts, it hurts so bad.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

My five:

5) Crommunist for declaring he was all in with the baboons, he's the biggest disappointment
4) Cry Baby Amy
3) A tie! Twatson/PeeZus
2) The Cowntess Szvan Zepplin
1) bin Laden

cunt

Post by cunt »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tkmlac wrote:28% of 16,000 is over 4,000. I don't know how you got 280.
$15,000 exemption.
Just realised. That applies to the millionaire earner as well. They don't get $720,000 per year to live on. It's $735,0000. Phew!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Za-zen wrote: Yeah i tweeted her asking if that meant she wasn't an atheist anymore. Lol, it hurts, it hurts so bad.
Oh, I'm sure she still identifies as a liberal atheist, but it's her type of liberal and her type of atheist. You know, the correct kind.

katamari Damassi

She's not entirely stable, though she belongs in one.

When asked if she was a still an atheist, did she say "NAAAAAY!"?

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

cunt wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
$15,000 exemption.
Just realised. That applies to the millionaire earner as well. They don't get $720,000 per year to live on. It's $735,0000. Phew!
Oooooh. Okay, that makes sense. "Make 15000? no tax! Make 16000? Taxed for the whole thing!" haha. I'm dense.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

http://i.imgur.com/1UKVA.jpg

[youtube]1FPFUrXbQgc[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i.imgur.com/1UKVA.jpg

[youtube]1FPFUrXbQgc[/youtube]
Yeah i don't get the reference.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

My issue with a flat tax is that the cost of living and the burden that food and housing puts on lower incomes is higher than those with more income. Some think a flat tax is fair because everyone is paying the same percentage but the gas bill, food bill and housing is going to be a lot higher percentage of income for the poor than for the rich.

lurker4now

Post by lurker4now »

That would explain a lot. When I re-engaged with the community in an attempt to figure out what the hell was going on, I recall getting the very distinct impression that the FtB etc. bunch really, really believed their own hype that they were a big enough presence to actually take down the likes of Dawkins - with the unstated but clearly implied goal that they would fill the resulting vacuum.
Yes!! The New Statesman article in August announced Atheism+ as "a reaction against the 'New Atheism' of Richard Dawkins."

I distinctly remember seeing two conversations around the same time: One might have been on Twitter, it was a bit of giggling over what hoops they'd make Dawkins jump through in order to join, and how much fun that would be. The other was on FTB, about Atheism+'s proposed 'Official Safe Space' designation for conventions which would not only require anti-harrassment policies, gender and ethnic diversity, etc., but also speakers like Rebecca Watson and PZ Myers.

They really believed Atheism+ was going to be such a Thing that Dawkins - Dawkins! - would come crawling to them, and atheist/skeptic conventions all over the world would bend over backwards to earn the "safe space" designation, including letting A+ dictate their speaker lineup! It might explain, at least in part, why Myers and Watson haven't openly participated in A+ (I believe Myers has pointed out several times that he's not a member). It wouldn't be seemly to be making demands like "To get my organization's stamp of approval you must hire and pay me as a speaker."

Steersman

Re: News Flash

Post by Steersman »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Steersman wrote: However, I can’t help but notice – “sore thumb” caliber – that Brayton still seems to be unclear on a concept or two which sort of belies his disputing that he hasn’t actually “started a cult”:
[spoiler]
While we’re at it, can we also stop with the constant and moronic references to witch burnings and inquisitions? Michael Shermer is not a poor persecuted soul being chased by villagers with torches and pitchforks, he’s a guy who said something very sexist and stupid and is being criticized for it. He had an opportunity to say, “Yeah, that was really dumb and sexist. I’d like to apologize for that and work with others to see if we can come up with a solution to make secular communities more inclusive and welcoming to women.” He chose instead to double down on the problem and make it considerably worse.
[/spoiler]The thing is Ed, you haven’t actually proven that Shermer’s comments qualify as sexism. They may appear to be that way to you, but to insist that everyone else has to accept that interpretation – particularly when there is a notable dearth of evidence – tends to qualify as peddling dogma – sort of a salient attribute of cults. Q.E.D.
Ed does have a point here. I don't think anyone said that Shermer should be drummed out of the community and made forever a pariah, ergo the witch hunting allegations are silly.
I don’t see that Shermer’s original comment about Ophelia being on some sort of a witchhunt against him is at all unreasonable – particularly given her scouring through his articles in Scientific American to find damning evidence of his nefarious sexism.

The problem seems to be – as was discussed in some detail here (I think) and elsewhere – that many seem to have some difficulties with analogies – that drawing a parallel between two scenarios means that both have a complete one-to-one correspondence.

For instance, witch-hunt has a pefectly reasonable and applicable definition – an investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views – that doesn’t entail any implications of thumb-screws and burning people at the stake – except figuratively. And likewise with Ophelia Benson’s use of a parallel between TAM and Nazi Germany: I certainly didn’t take that to mean that she was implying that TAM was engaging in genocide. And similarly with Paula Kirby’s use of feminazi and grammar-nazi – as she suggested about the latter, that shouldn’t lead most sane people to think that they had plans to invade Scotland for butchering the Queen’s English. A distinction that is apparently lost on many people including Benson.

But, considering the banning by PZ and others simply for presenting arguments contrary to the conventional wisdom or simply for being from the “wrong” side of the tracks, tends to give further credibilty to the charge of witch-burnings and inquisitions which are looking uncomfortably close if not precursors to the real thing.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote:
She's not entirely stable, though she belongs in one.

When asked if she was a still an atheist, did she say "NAAAAAY!"?
Listen to the Houyhnhnm.

http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries ... /houyhnhnm

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tkmlac wrote:My issue with a flat tax is that the cost of living and the burden that food and housing puts on lower incomes is higher than those with more income. Some think a flat tax is fair because everyone is paying the same percentage but the gas bill, food bill and housing is going to be a lot higher percentage of income for the poor than for the rich.
It's quite blatantly unfair. I mean you'd really have to be a complete fuckwit to think otherwise.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

lurker4now wrote: I distinctly remember seeing two conversations around the same time: One might have been on Twitter, it was a bit of giggling over what hoops they'd make Dawkins jump through in order to join, and how much fun that would be. The other was on FTB, about Atheism+'s proposed 'Official Safe Space' designation for conventions which would not only require anti-harrassment policies, gender and ethnic diversity, etc., but also speakers like Rebecca Watson and PZ Myers.
It would be great to have screenshots of that!

mikelf unplugged

Post by mikelf unplugged »

cunt wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
$15,000 exemption.
$724,200 actually.

/pedant

cunt

Post by cunt »

mikelf unplugged wrote:
cunt wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
$15,000 exemption.
$724,200 actually.

/pedant
I thought of that about a second after I posted. Knew some fucker would pick it up.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

A flat tax rate is sold by the rich to poor fuckwits who are too stupid to understand how things work. Think your average working guy in the states who buys and votes for the republican party.

Flat tax rates rock especially when you can afford an accountant who ensures you don't pay any fucking tax. I have one.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Mykeru wrote:
welch wrote:
Another point I'd like to make, and note: ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE TOPIC. (I *completely* get off the bus if you're talking about trolling a conference.) If you see a conference calling for speakers, AND you think you have a decent topic to talk about and might do a good job, submit. There's no better way to be able to alleviate the influence the dipshits have than creating your own. Again, don't do this just to be a tit. But if you have something topic appropriate to talk about, submit a session. If you're accepted, give a talk on your topic, do a good Q&A, and if you feel like it, submit again.

Demonstrate the difference between idiots like benson et al and good speakers by being one.
And it's the year for starting that. We've done our due diligence trying to accommodate the Potemkin Skeptics, trying to figure out what it is they want and how we can make their boo-boos better. This year is going to be, I think, total push-back.

I would like to see more topics in skepticism, but considering that a lot of the FTB/SCK loons would give talks on how to blog and use social media, for fuck's sake, so the bar isn't all that high. Hell, if Rebecca Watson can give keynote speeches on how people were mean to her on the internet, then I doubt there is a bar. Yes, I do realize that anyone who isn't one of the approved incestuous cool kids will be helf to a higher standard in keeping with P.Z. Meyers-level rampant hypocrisy, but might as well start poking away.

Remember that analysis done a while back comparing Atheism Plus to The SlymePit that noted posters here tend to have disproportionate influence? Time to start cashing that shit in. We have a number of "famous on the internet" YouTubers here. In fact, I would recommend people link to The SlymePit on their video lowbars because, unlike the oh-so-important and talent-less SWJs, if anyone wants to interact with their favorite YouTuber, this is the place to do it. One of the remarkable things is the disparity between the high profile of people like Woolly Bumblebee and Thunderfoot and their lack of self-importance.

Oh, on my own front I have one that is now moving forward. I seem to have gone over the tipping point of using new software from "This sucks, I don't know how to do X like in the old program" to "Oh, this is actually better than the old program".

I was talking with Ikonographer on Skype and we noticed that Thunderf00t seems to have paid attention to some of the work other people have been doing and incorporated that into his video, notably the P.Z. Meyers "pick a card and fuck me" clip and the whole Melody Hensley incident. Which is great if true, as he presented a nice, concise, punch-in-the-face version. We seem to work on an open license with each other. That is, we've got no Amy Roth's whining about appropriation. There's no ownership here. We should be building on each others work. I mean, if someone found any of the stuff I've done useful, run with it, let's build on what each other are doing.

Most important, in the long term, is when we can transition from being the opposition to a bunch of idiots to just doing an end run around them, show that they aren't the faces of the atheist and skeptical movement, rather they are a perversion of it. To do that, as Welch says, we have to offer something other than opposition.
That's it. I'm going to get all boozed up tonight, but after the partying is done, I'm going to start pitching talks at cons and shit. Fuck, I can't be worse than Twatson, right? I'll even supply my own booze. Life's too short to drink cheap vodka anyway.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

5. Ophelia of doc-drop fame Benson
4. Ed "ERV is a cesspit" Brayton
3. Rebecca "You'd have to make everything up to make it interesting" Watson
2. Simpleflower of A+ fame, "If I am not deserving of hugs in this community, I'm going to leave"
1. Shark Cried, of "If you were infected with HIV during sex, it's your fault for not begging the question, not the one with HIV (or "poz")"

katamari Damassi

Steersman wrote: I don’t see that Shermer’s original comment about Ophelia being on some sort of a witchhunt against him is at all unreasonable – particularly given her scouring through his articles in Scientific American to find damning evidence of his nefarious sexism.

The problem seems to be – as was discussed in some detail here (I think) and elsewhere – that many seem to have some difficulties with analogies – that drawing a parallel between two scenarios means that both have a complete one-to-one correspondence.

For instance, witch-hunt has a pefectly reasonable and applicable definition – an investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views – that doesn’t entail any implications of thumb-screws and burning people at the stake – except figuratively. And likewise with Ophelia Benson’s use of a parallel between TAM and Nazi Germany: I certainly didn’t take that to mean that she was implying that TAM was engaging in genocide. And similarly with Paula Kirby’s use of feminazi and grammar-nazi – as she suggested about the latter, that shouldn’t lead most sane people to think that they had plans to invade Scotland for butchering the Queen’s English. A distinction that is apparently lost on many people including Benson.

But, considering the banning by PZ and others simply for presenting arguments contrary to the conventional wisdom or simply for being from the “wrong” side of the tracks, tends to give further credibilty to the charge of witch-burnings and inquisitions which are looking uncomfortably close if not precursors to the real thing.
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come through as well as I hoped. My point in paraphrasing Ed about making TF00t "forever a pariah" was that it takes a lot of chutzpah for him to claim that allegations of witch hunts are just the result of silly paranoia.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

It is a witch hunt, otherwise they'd be blogging and smearing the people that actually are saying dipshit things to them or threatening them. Instead, they go after big names so they can try and supplant them with their own internet fame. It's stupid.

I envy the real activists in the real world who don't spend a lot of time on the internet who look at me and say, "PZ who?" I always say "nevermind," because I don't want to spoil it for them.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tkmlac wrote:It is a witch hunt, otherwise they'd be blogging and smearing the people that actually are saying dipshit things to them or threatening them. Instead, they go after big names so they can try and supplant them with their own internet fame. It's stupid.

I envy the real activists in the real world who don't spend a lot of time on the internet who look at me and say, "PZ who?" I always say "nevermind," because I don't want to spoil it for them.
Bingo.... Its just unfortunate that meat space con organisers are suckers for internet celebrity

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Tkmlac wrote:It is a witch hunt, otherwise they'd be blogging and smearing the people that actually are saying dipshit things to them or threatening them. Instead, they go after big names so they can try and supplant them with their own internet fame. It's stupid.

Which ties in nicely with my "If I were to walk outside and talk to 200-300 people and ask them if they knew who Ophelia Benson is, I'd get 'Ophelia Who?' every time" bit :D

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

1. Watson - Among the worst of the FC(n) as an individual specimen. Also most damaging to the principals of reason and scepticism.

2. Laden - Lacks Watson's influence, fortunately, but an obscene mockery of sentience. A buboe ripe for lancing.

3. PeeZus - Watson's clownish toy. Supposedly a scientist and educator who has betrayed these callings, and his dignity, for the sake of the dull throbbing of his withered knacker-sack.

4. Stephalump - Laden's most abject, lick-spittle apologist, lost to all shame, blind to all reason. Best re-cycled as cheap industrial lubricant.

5. TiBo - After Laden, after Stephalump, when you thought there was no lower to sink, this was spawned of their vile union. A thing scorned by ticks.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

On the subject of flat taxes: I am around 6'4". Because of this, I get things off the top shelf. Is it fair? Who gives a fuck. I can reach it and other people can't. Rich people bitching about progressive taxes are the same as if I shouted in people's faces "Go to the fucking store and buy a goddamned ladder if you want that book, asshole!"

Pretending it's punishing people for being rich is outright bullshit, and thinking about it for three seconds would disabuse any sane person of the notion. I'm being punished for being tall, the guys that are stronger than average are being punished when people ask them to help move that heavy desk. People with trucks are being punished when they're asked to help their friends move. Fuck you, no one's being punished, you're just being asked to fucking contribute to the community in the way you can that other people can't. Quit your fucking whining and do your part, bitch.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Za-zen wrote:A flat tax rate is sold by the rich to poor fuckwits who are too stupid to understand how things work. Think your average working guy in the states who buys and votes for the republican party.
It honestly amazes me. You want to pay 1/3 of your shitty salary to the government and make your wife take a second job or you think that guy with 5 italian sports cars in his garage could possibly give one up.

We'll... hurr... da american dream! *loses house*

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Steersman wrote: I don’t see that Shermer’s original comment about Ophelia being on some sort of a witchhunt against him is at all unreasonable – particularly given her scouring through his articles in Scientific American to find damning evidence of his nefarious sexism.

[spoiler]The problem seems to be – as was discussed in some detail here (I think) and elsewhere – that many seem to have some difficulties with analogies – that drawing a parallel between two scenarios means that both have a complete one-to-one correspondence.

For instance, witch-hunt has a pefectly reasonable and applicable definition – an investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views – that doesn’t entail any implications of thumb-screws and burning people at the stake – except figuratively. And likewise with Ophelia Benson’s use of a parallel between TAM and Nazi Germany: I certainly didn’t take that to mean that she was implying that TAM was engaging in genocide. And similarly with Paula Kirby’s use of feminazi and grammar-nazi – as she suggested about the latter, that shouldn’t lead most sane people to think that they had plans to invade Scotland for butchering the Queen’s English. A distinction that is apparently lost on many people including Benson.[/spoiler]But, considering the banning by PZ and others simply for presenting arguments contrary to the conventional wisdom or simply for being from the “wrong” side of the tracks, tends to give further credibilty to the charge of witch-burnings and inquisitions which are looking uncomfortably close if not precursors to the real thing.
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come through as well as I hoped. My point in paraphrasing Ed about making TF00t "forever a pariah" was that it takes a lot of chutzpah for him to claim that allegations of witch hunts are just the result of silly paranoia.
Sorry – as several here have pointed out, I tend to be sarcasm/pop-culture challenged (which has its pluses, at least the latter) …. ;-)

And I had forgotten about that “pariah” reference until seeing several quotes here about that incident with Thunderfoot.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:
KacyRay wrote:@skep tickle

Again... thanks for confirming that I'm not insane.

I guess it's true... in an insane world, a sane man would appear insane.
I am tempted to go over there myself and deposit some of my thoughts on the subject, but I suspect that several aneurisms would result.

In any event, many/most of you are probably aware that the trope of "rape culture" appears to have started to become popular in certain circles back in the '70s. For example you can reference Susan Brownmiller's 1975 book Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape. ISBN-10: 0449908208 ISBN-13: 978-0449908204

I recommend that you read the book if you have not already done so (one of the things I got out of it was that Brownmiller was obsessed with her rape fantasies BTW).
Ah....good 'ol rape fantasies. Apparently they're pretty common [A Voice for Men, who I receive my marching orders from, did a podcast on it a little while ago. They cover several interesting dilemmas..]. I knew a girl several years back that felt comfortable enough to tell me about hers. Apparently, she had wet dreams that featured her being gang raped on a regular enough basis. I was young so I didn't think to follow up on it and ask her if it was something she'd like to try...

Can't say I hold it against people if they feel extremely uncomfortable about the topic though. People tend to want to rush to apply some moral value to it, or to carry a lot of shame concerning their own fantasies. There are very "dark" sides to our sexuality, and they definitely do not conform social mores...

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

cunt wrote:
Za-zen wrote:A flat tax rate is sold by the rich to poor fuckwits who are too stupid to understand how things work. Think your average working guy in the states who buys and votes for the republican party.
It honestly amazes me. You want to pay 1/3 of your shitty salary to the government and make your wife take a second job or you think that guy with 5 italian sports cars in his garage could possibly give one up.

We'll... hurr... da american dream! *loses house*
cunt, do you have some sort of problem with 5-car guys giving up some dough, or was this posted in agreement to Za zen? If so, you can have a thumbs up.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

An anti A+ post from http://jennaisme.wordpress.com/2012/12/ ... reativity/
.. Which is that feminism, the radical feminists are poisoning atheism. Most notably, the atheism plus fiasco.
And i mean, just listen to some of those stupid comments from Rebecca, where she just out right sounds like a fucking cultist. “Oh, i didn’t use to notice the misogyny and harassment going on around me, and i know a lot of women say that it doesn’t happen, but it does. Boohoo”
I don't think Natalie Reed is too enamoured of A+ either, so that makes four gender outlaws that I know of that dislike A+.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

HoneyWagon wrote:Hey. Any of you looking for work?

http://i.imgur.com/7LnTi.png
The toilets at CFI-DC are on the fritz.

Oneiros666

Post by Oneiros666 »

I am sitting here with my bottle of scotch, my beers, my hhhhhhhorrible tasting piece of shit tequila and I am feeling very sorry for posting those terrible pics of the feminazis. I understand this has caused acute erectile dysfunction and/or chronic dryness. To atone for my sin, here is my top three sexy ladies of 2012:

http://i.imgur.com/VgRde.png
http://i.imgur.com/NZ9bs.png
http://i.imgur.com/EnUvW.png

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Oneiros666 wrote:This may have been commented on earlier, but fuck it, I am drinking whisky and as such I become lazy:

What is the deal with these radical feminists all wearing these god-awful glasses? I mean, it's like they go out of their way in order to look as bitchy as possible..oh right.

Hensley:
http://i.imgur.com/aLG2D.png

Wiley:
http://i.imgur.com/DfY6M.png

Watson:
http://i.imgur.com/hHONw.png

La Pièce de résistance, Christina:
http://i.imgur.com/ptAzM.png
You forgot the blond baboon in the Thunderfoot video.
On a completely gratuitous note, I think someone once mentioned that Greta Christina is a former sex worker. Based on the above photo, presumably that means she used to mop up the beat-off booths in a smut shop.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

My top 5:

5.Thimbledick, for consistent mediocrity and "me too-ism";
4.Laden for his Facebook farce;
3.Surly Amy for feeling harrassed by a T-shirt;
2.OB for trolling through Shermer's past writing output for things to get mad about;
1.Watson for her Evo-psych talk

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Woohoo for the Lois Griffin pic! My guy and I have a cartoon we created where he's Peter and I'm Lois cuz I can do the Lois voice on occasion...when *realllly* drunk :D

katamari Damassi

Gotta disagree with you on your choice of douchebag Eberhard. He was unreadable at FTB, and over at Patheos he joined in the FTB attack on Justin Vacula. Also his idea of activism is to play retro video games with Thimbledick.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Thumbs up Al

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Mykeru wrote:
welch wrote:
Another point I'd like to make, and note: ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE TOPIC. (I *completely* get off the bus if you're talking about trolling a conference.) If you see a conference calling for speakers, AND you think you have a decent topic to talk about and might do a good job, submit. There's no better way to be able to alleviate the influence the dipshits have than creating your own. Again, don't do this just to be a tit. But if you have something topic appropriate to talk about, submit a session. If you're accepted, give a talk on your topic, do a good Q&A, and if you feel like it, submit again.

Demonstrate the difference between idiots like benson et al and good speakers by being one.
And it's the year for starting that. We've done our due diligence trying to accommodate the Potemkin Skeptics, trying to figure out what it is they want and how we can make their boo-boos better. This year is going to be, I think, total push-back.

I would like to see more topics in skepticism, but considering that a lot of the FTB/SCK loons would give talks on how to blog and use social media, for fuck's sake, so the bar isn't all that high. Hell, if Rebecca Watson can give keynote speeches on how people were mean to her on the internet, then I doubt there is a bar. Yes, I do realize that anyone who isn't one of the approved incestuous cool kids will be helf to a higher standard in keeping with P.Z. Meyers-level rampant hypocrisy, but might as well start poking away.

Remember that analysis done a while back comparing Atheism Plus to The SlymePit that noted posters here tend to have disproportionate influence? Time to start cashing that shit in. We have a number of "famous on the internet" YouTubers here. In fact, I would recommend people link to The SlymePit on their video lowbars because, unlike the oh-so-important and talent-less SWJs, if anyone wants to interact with their favorite YouTuber, this is the place to do it. One of the remarkable things is the disparity between the high profile of people like Woolly Bumblebee and Thunderfoot and their lack of self-importance.

Oh, on my own front I have one that is now moving forward. I seem to have gone over the tipping point of using new software from "This sucks, I don't know how to do X like in the old program" to "Oh, this is actually better than the old program".

I was talking with Ikonographer on Skype and we noticed that Thunderf00t seems to have paid attention to some of the work other people have been doing and incorporated that into his video, notably the P.Z. Meyers "pick a card and fuck me" clip and the whole Melody Hensley incident. Which is great if true, as he presented a nice, concise, punch-in-the-face version. We seem to work on an open license with each other. That is, we've got no Amy Roth's whining about appropriation. There's no ownership here. We should be building on each others work. I mean, if someone found any of the stuff I've done useful, run with it, let's build on what each other are doing.

Most important, in the long term, is when we can transition from being the opposition to a bunch of idiots to just doing an end run around them, show that they aren't the faces of the atheist and skeptical movement, rather they are a perversion of it. To do that, as Welch says, we have to offer something other than opposition.
You know, I never once thought they could be accommodated. I can't stand the appeasement analogy (or the Churchill cult that worships an alcoholic who, even when sober, needed to kept as far away as possible from all forms of military planning) but sometimes you're stuck with it.
I did sort of hope they'd go away if ignored and left to turn on each other but appeasing them was never even possible. Conceding to every last one of their demands would, at best have made it interesting to see where they went next.
They're like the jihadists, there just isn't anything to discuss with them. One side or the other is going to win here and at least we have humor on our side.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

I cant see anyone having a problem with that

Stefaneli-> :teasing-poke:

katamari Damassi

And I'd like to point out that not only did JT join in the attacks on Vacula but the motherfucker knowingly and gleefully spread the lie that Vacula maliciously doxxed Crybaby Amy and did not provide any of the context.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Happy new year Pyt. May reason finally prevail over dogma and ideologues

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Well, looks like what's been obvious to us all along is now official:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... b1b79e.jpg

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

1. Pontif PZ for obvious creepy uncle type behaviour.
2. Greggy bin Laden because i'm not convinced he is actually a man.
3. RW for banning elevator sex.
4. Jen Jen for knocking back her only sexual advance all year.(homeless guy).
5. Buscrash Benson. She would have made number one but her Poe(s) did a good job in regaining any civility she threw away.

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

Sorry for the double post. My phone is gay.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Gefan wrote:
You forgot the blond baboon in the Thunderfoot video.
On a completely gratuitous note, I think someone once mentioned that Greta Christina is a former sex worker. Based on the above photo, presumably that means she used to mop up the beat-off booths in a smut shop.

That's it. Every time you post those harpies, I'm retaliating with pallette cleanser.
[youtube]E0ZHXVp_wUE[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Gumby wrote:Well, looks like what's been obvious to us all along is now official:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL
What's pz's famous patronising cut, demonstrating he doesn't give a fuck about you or what you have to say (adopted by brayton). Oh yeah; Buh bye!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Gawd, Lois Griffin is hot... lol

katamari Damassi

Gumby wrote:Well, looks like what's been obvious to us all along is now official:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL
She's moved on, and will not devote herself to her new love, dressage! Ever since she saw it in this summer's Olympic games she's become obsessed with the idea of wearing fancy clothes and dancing for gold medals. Now she just needs to find a rider to work with.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL
She's moved on, and will not devote herself to her new love, dressage! Ever since she saw it in this summer's Olympic games she's become obsessed with the idea of wearing fancy clothes and dancing for gold medals. Now she just needs to find a rider to work with.
Maybe she's going in for Equine Feminism?

Oneiros666

Post by Oneiros666 »

Gumby wrote:Gawd, Lois Griffin is hot... lol
I know.

Now, how do I go about in acquiring one of those neat hats?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Za-zen wrote:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL
What's pz's famous patronising cut, demonstrating he doesn't give a fuck about you or what you have to say (adopted by brayton). Oh yeah; Buh bye!
I love how she admits she hasn't paid any attention to her Big Idea since she thought it up. Jen McCreight is an insult even to armchair activists.

She basically threw a jug of milk, a bag of flour, a bag of sugar and a styrofoam carton of eggs into the oven and set it on "bake", thinking it would just miraculously transform into the perfect cake. What a fucking moron.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Oneiros666 wrote:
Gumby wrote:Gawd, Lois Griffin is hot... lol
I know.

Now, how do I go about in acquiring one of those neat hats?
Well, I got mine to honor Al Stefanelli's arrival here. Mykeru proceeded to steal my hat, clone it, and hand them out freely. Fucking thief. Anyway, he'll be happy to hook you up.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Gumby wrote: Well, I got mine to honor Al Stefanelli's arrival here. Mykeru proceeded to steal my hat, clone it, and hand them out freely. Fucking thief. Anyway, he'll be happy to hook you up.
I was gifted mine as an insult and badge of initiation. I wear it proudly with shame.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Gumby wrote: Well, I got mine to honor Al Stefanelli's arrival here. Mykeru proceeded to steal my hat, clone it, and hand them out freely. Fucking thief. Anyway, he'll be happy to hook you up.
I was gifted mine as an insult and badge of initiation. I wear it proudly with shame.
And you wear your shame well. I just wish Mykeru would pay me some royalties.