Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Mr Danksworth

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Jan Steen wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
Virgin is meant to be emasculating. It's the go to for insulting males in general. She also could have gone with
faggot, queer, pussy, cocksucker, or sissy.
Some of us here on the 'pit have been calling Brownian/Anthony K a virgin, so let's not open ourselves up to the charge of hypocrisy by making too much of a similar 'insult' by RW.
The difference is that I could care less about gendered or emasculating insults. RW does. It points to her hypocrisy. Yet another case of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Al Stefanelli wrote:I'll just leave this here

[youtube]ELio6GKcW2M[/youtube]
I HATE YOU!! ;P

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

franc wrote:
Reap wrote:
Sophistry wrote:Not sure how to link but Adam Lee has a post about Reap on BigThink:

http://bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/th ... eeze-peach
Nice I'm important to adam lee, now my life has meaning
Poor dear has bloodied fingers deleting comments and banning people.
What happened to that free speech thing he was going on so adamantly about? Ah, well, par for the course with his new found friends. :roll:

Git

Post by Git »

justinvacula wrote:More gold = more patriarchy?

http://i.imgur.com/JiRqv.jpg
#

I hate the Temple of the Jade Serpent - too much hurty shite on the floor.

Git

Post by Git »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:Be careful, Amanda Bancroft is a feminist and has been called out for her support of 'rape culture'. The Guardian is heavily biased by feminism. I never take any of what they report with much seriousness, especially in the women's section.
Its also heavily biased by being utterly wrong all of the time. It has never met an Islamist or Jew-hating nutter it hasn't yet sucked up to.

Git

Post by Git »

Lsuoma wrote:
Outwest wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

[mung]http://i.imgur.com/JiRqv.jpg[/img][/mung]

Buy a hat.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8328 ... ea0e_o.jpg
You have a hat fetish.
Your avatar: is that a big fuck-off tumour on the side of your face?
No, its Rebecca Watson, badoom-tish

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well... it's good to be aware of someone's bias, but I wouldn't immediately write off what they were saying if their stats can be confirmed. I thought there was an idea that people who get tried for rape are more likely to get off - at least that was my perception of it, possibly coloured by feminist media and anecdotes - so it's interesting that the conviction rate is higher than for other crimes.

Meanwhile I know this link has appeared before but my goodness it's worth it to read again. It's a beautiful fucking thing. A+ refusing to help woman with project about sexism.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3370

Darren

Post by Darren »

Gefan wrote:E****wood...hold me.
DON'T SAY THE NAME.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Mykeru wrote:
ERV wrote: Maybe thats Watsons hook. She looks down on others virginity because losing hers is the only thing she has accomplished with her life.
If only she could remember how it happened, with whom and whether it was any good.
Professor Plum. In the library. With the candlestick.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Also of interest is backpackergirl's invitation to report on sexism in the community... I feel like all the men here probably have stories about that.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Another live one on twitter:

womanticore‏@fairyocarina
humanism literally erases the experiences of the marginalized classes to make the majority classes feel more comfortable.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Darren wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
ERV wrote: Maybe thats Watsons hook. She looks down on others virginity because losing hers is the only thing she has accomplished with her life.
If only she could remember how it happened, with whom and whether it was any good.
Professor Plum. In the library. With the candlestick.
Wrong. Everyone knows Col. Mustard did it in the kitchen with Miss Scarlett. ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote: Meanwhile I know this link has appeared before but my goodness it's worth it to read again. It's a beautiful fucking thing. A+ refusing to help woman with project about sexism.

Didn't read earlier, but decided to check this out now.

It seems to me that what is common to pretty much all SJWs is hate: hate of anything that they deem is not congruent with their particular Brave New World. They all seem so rage-filled and vicious: I can't imagine that it's at all pleasant to be one of them, since they are also likely to hate themselves to the extent that they fail - and they all will to a degree - to meet the standards they espouse.

It is so much like a religion that I can't see any difference.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/iiVce.jpg

Isn't it a common claim -- from Stephanie, Greta, Ophelia, Watson, Amy, etc -- that people who offer criticism or otherwise ridicule women online are trying to silence women online? Why doesn't Adam apply skepticism to the claims of people he seems to side with :\

Yes, yes, don't kick me out of the movement (however that would be done, I don't know), just start a character assassination campaign and continue feeding into it!

If only Stephanie and co would stop insulting fellow skeptics and direct their anger at the 'real injustices of the world'

What sexist fucking attitude are they talking about? They just say that to everyone who doesn't like them, don't they? We don't want you.

Skep+gula, you are hereby kicked out of the atheist movement.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Lsuoma wrote:
Outwest wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

[mung]http://i.imgur.com/JiRqv.jpg[/img][/mung]

Buy a hat.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8496/8328 ... ea0e_o.jpg
You have a hat fetish.
Your avatar: is that a big fuck-off tumour on the side of your face?
He should cover that growth up.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8079/8328 ... f563_o.jpg

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Lsuoma wrote:
rayshul wrote: Meanwhile I know this link has appeared before but my goodness it's worth it to read again. It's a beautiful fucking thing. A+ refusing to help woman with project about sexism.

Didn't read earlier, but decided to check this out now.

It seems to me that what is common to pretty much all SJWs is hate: hate of anything that they deem is not congruent with their particular Brave New World. They all seem so rage-filled and vicious: I can't imagine that it's at all pleasant to be one of them, since they are also likely to hate themselves to the extent that they fail - and they all will to a degree - to meet the standards they espouse.

It is so much like a religion that I can't see any difference.
Yeah dude, I totally saw that shit...they got their panties in a bunch when she said that gender is a social construct (meaning you are not assigned a gender you have to be at birth, probably meant gender ROLES... like no "this man, this woman" shit.)... they seemed to take that as "there's no such thing as gender identity." As if someone can claim that. If there are people claiming identities, then there is.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Darren wrote:
DON'T SAY THE NAME.
What? Eucliwood?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gefan wrote:
Darren wrote:
DON'T SAY THE NAME.
What? Eucliwood?
Hot potato, orchestra stalls,
Puck must make amends!

Darren

Post by Darren »

I was bored, so I wasted a couple of hours on a half-arsed attempt to document the A+ moderator meltdown on Phawrongula. Those who couldn't be bothered trawling the original threads on A+ may find it entertaining.

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Back from mid-November, but I don't recall seeing this here. Becky Whatnot has a huge list of apologies to people she was rude to during some speaking tour of hers. Most of the apologies are for being either drunk, or else a selfish and self-important cunt. Honestly, the whole thing is exactly like what recovering addicts are encouraged to write during 12-step recovery programs:
I’m sorry that:

1. I drank all the moonshine at the CSICon moonshine party (pictured)

2. I couldn’t wear my Wild Bill mustache (pictured) throughout the CSICon costume party because at one point it fell off and Richard Wiseman shoved it down his pants. Actually I’m not sorry about that but I thought I’d mention it in the hopes that Richard is sorry about it because that mustache really tied the whole costume together.

3. I was basically never at my CSICon merch table because I was constantly chatting with interesting people outside the conference room

4. I fell asleep at like 10pm on the last night of CSICon. I was very, very tired

5. I only left the speakers’ tent once during the blisteringly hot Florida Secular Rally, when someone tweeted to point out the fact that I wasn’t leaving the speakers’ tent

6. I marched out of the tent into the crowd, demanding to speak to Sean to prove I had left the tent

7. I ran back to the tent immediately after finding Sean

8. I ended my Skepticon talk by joking, “No more questions? Great, let’s just go to the bar.” I did not realize that a significant chunk of the audience would take me seriously and leave before seeing the last act of the day, Keith Lowell Jensen. Keith! I’m sorry!

9. I lost my voice by the time my talk was over, making me not very much fun for the rest of my time there
http://skepchick.org/2012/11/apologies-3/

She's a wussy. It was not blazing hit that day or even close. She should come here in August when the temp and humidity are both triple digits.

welch

Post by welch »

Rystefn wrote:
rayshul wrote:
sacha wrote:
KarlVonMox wrote:Im only 25 though, and from what I hear its difficult at my age for a doctor to take you seriously if you say you want a vasectomy.
easy surgery, easy recovery, and easily reversed.

It is difficult for a woman to get her tubes tied at that age.
I've heard the exact same, due to the ease of reversing the vasectomy. I have a friend who got her tubes tied young (I think late twenties/early thirties) and as a result did some research on that. As far as I read (and naw, I can't be bothered looking up the research, so this is all from memory) women who did get their tubes tied were almost always happy with the result, but the best results came when the woman was in a stable relationship/stable situation. What seemed to change people's happiness with the decision was if their relationship fucked up and they started a new relationship with someone who did want children - but that didn't seem to happen often.
I'm not saying it's not harder for women, but despite the procedure being pretty simple and easily reversed, it's still a pain in the ass for a young guy with no kids to get one. The docs will give you no end of shit about how you don't really want to do it so young, blah, blah, blah. I wish it were otherwise, and maybe it is for some people, but I've never known anyone to get one done in their 20s or early 30s who didn't go on at great length about how much shit they had to go through about it.
Depends on the doc. I was 32 when I got mine. No hassle at all.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gefan wrote:
Darren wrote:
DON'T SAY THE NAME.
What? Eucliwood?
http://thedailyquirk.files.wordpress.co ... ejuice.jpg

Darren

Post by Darren »

welch wrote:She's a wussy. It was not blazing hit that day or even close. She should come here in August when the temp and humidity are both triple digits.
Celcius or Fahrenheit? ;)

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

justinvacula wrote:I've been spending most of the day working on challenge modes on World of Warcraft -- you know, the patriarchy personified if you read PZ's blog -- but I have noticed some interesting/odd stuff here:

http://www.bolingbrookbabbler.com/2012/ ... s-for.html
Following a national trend, outspoken Men’s Rights sympathizer and atheist activist Justin Vacula will convert to Catholicism. Two months later, he will be excommunicated. Vacula will retaliate by sending 95 tweets to the Pope.

Bloggers Thunderf00t and Sasha Pixlee will agree to face off in a mixed martial arts match.

Thunderf00t will spend months posting taunting videos. He will claim that he will beat the taller and stronger Pixlee by using his knowledge of physics and evolutionary psychology.

“This will be an epic victory of science over feminism!” Thunderf00t will say.

When the match finally starts, Thunderf00t will scream and charge at Pixlee. Pixlee will stop him with a jab, and follow with an uppercut. The uppercut will send Thunderf00t into the hanging scoreboard. When the match is called, Pixlee will hold the MMA recored for fastest knockout, and the height recored for knocking an opponent into the air.

After the match, Pixlee will be asked if this will finally resolve the deep rifts in the secular community.

“Of course not.” He will reply. “All I did was give him a concussion, and when he wakes up, he’ll whine about being a beta male. This match didn’t resolve any of the underling sexism in the secularism community. The only reason I agreed to this match is so I could donate the prize money to Women Thinking Inc. Their pro-vaccination campaigns are awesome. Now if you will excuse me, I’m going to go home and cuttle with my kitty because that’s how I roll!”

When Thunderf00t wakes up, he will announce that he has an idea for a video that does not involve making fun of creationists, praising science, attacking feminists, slamming Islam, ridiculing libertarians, or time-lapse photography.
Justin, who exactly wrote that? PZ? So they're making some mock prediction? Just more hypocrisy. If any of us did that it'd be "bullying" and "omg abuuuusse"

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Darren wrote:
welch wrote:She's a wussy. It was not blazing hit that day or even close. She should come here in August when the temp and humidity are both triple digits.
Firts one; then t'other...

welch

Post by welch »

Badger3k wrote:
Sophistry wrote:Not sure how to link but Adam Lee has a post about Reap on BigThink:

http://bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/th ... eeze-peach
And look - totally non-partisan and non-divisive Julian calls Reap divisive. My irony meter can't take it!

Normally, I don't call people spics. But Julian, Julian's a spicticular spic. Why? Because if you call him that, he'll snap your neck. Fucking spic.

Git

Post by Git »

rayshul wrote:Another live one on twitter:

womanticore‏@fairyocarina
humanism literally erases the experiences of the marginalized classes to make the majority classes feel more comfortable.
what. the. fuck. does. that. even. mean?

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

[youtube]yxWBYsZKLYU[/youtube]

Another Laden sex tape has emerged. I know that's not Zvan, who is it?

Darren

Post by Darren »

Lsuoma wrote:
Darren wrote:
Firts one; then t'other...
Played for and got :)

franc

Post by franc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Back from mid-November, but I don't recall seeing this here. Becky Whatnot has a huge list of apologies to people she was rude to during some speaking tour of hers. Most of the apologies are for being either drunk, or else a selfish and self-important cunt. Honestly, the whole thing is exactly like what recovering addicts are encouraged to write during 12-step recovery programs:
I’m sorry that:

[...]

10. That I'm a vapid and uneducated cunt
If it were an honest world.

But yeah, it does sound like 12 step gibberish - where people are compelled to make a list of transgressions and only ever come up with a half-arsed, semi-true list of trivia they hope will sound plausible and acceptable enough. Thoroughly noxious. AA is enough to drive you to drink.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

welch wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
rayshul wrote:
sacha wrote:
KarlVonMox wrote:Im only 25 though, and from what I hear its difficult at my age for a doctor to take you seriously if you say you want a vasectomy.

I've heard the exact same, due to the ease of reversing the vasectomy. I have a friend who got her tubes tied young (I think late twenties/early thirties) and as a result did some research on that. As far as I read (and naw, I can't be bothered looking up the research, so this is all from memory) women who did get their tubes tied were almost always happy with the result, but the best results came when the woman was in a stable relationship/stable situation. What seemed to change people's happiness with the decision was if their relationship fucked up and they started a new relationship with someone who did want children - but that didn't seem to happen often.
I'm not saying it's not harder for women, but despite the procedure being pretty simple and easily reversed, it's still a pain in the ass for a young guy with no kids to get one. The docs will give you no end of shit about how you don't really want to do it so young, blah, blah, blah. I wish it were otherwise, and maybe it is for some people, but I've never known anyone to get one done in their 20s or early 30s who didn't go on at great length about how much shit they had to go through about it.
Well, I guess I can't say that anymore, then. Now I have to say "most" get a bunch of hassle. I guess it had to happen sometime.

welch

Post by welch »

Darren wrote:
Lol. It's the US and FLORIDA. Done here, Celsius is that crunchy green leafy thing you put inna salad.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

somedumbguy wrote:[youtube]yxWBYsZKLYU[/youtube]

I am so tweeting that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Looks suspiciously like paedophilia to me...

welch

Post by welch »

Here, the full sex tape between laden and Zvan, complete with his sexy times music:

[youtube]_ZpHHzWlUGA[/youtube]

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Lsuoma wrote:

Looks suspiciously like paedophilia to me...
I get that feeling every time I see a picture of Laden.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

franc wrote:
I’m sorry that:

[...]

10. That I'm a vapid and uneducated cunt
If it were an honest world.

But yeah, it does sound like 12 step gibberish - where people are compelled to make a list of transgressions and only ever come up with a half-arsed, semi-true list of trivia they hope will sound plausible and acceptable enough. Thoroughly noxious. AA is enough to drive you to drink.
Sweet that she apologized for losing her voice.
Sweet, but entirely unnecessary. Trust us on that one.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

One man's experience of a vasectomy:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sd ... 65387.html

welch

Post by welch »

Rystefn wrote:
welch wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
rayshul wrote:
sacha wrote:

Well, I guess I can't say that anymore, then. Now I have to say "most" get a bunch of hassle. I guess it had to happen sometime.
That's why I said it depends on the doc. Some give you a hard time regardless of age. Others don't. Mine said he didn't believe in hassling people over it. He asked if I was sure because well, that's just what you do. But it's not irreversible, and it's a fairly minor procedure. Other docs are dicks about it. Luck of the draw I suppose.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:Here, the full sex tape between laden and Zvan, complete with his sexy times music:

[fooltube]_ZpHHzWlUGA[/fooltube]
Boston Terriers - horny little bastards...

welch

Post by welch »

Cunning Punt wrote:One man's experience of a vasectomy:

Man, I didn't go through half that. No taping. By the time I felt anything, the doc was halfway done. Friend who drove me didn't have time to get coffee.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

cunt wrote:That A+ "hugs" thread was actually a spin off from another one about a congressional hearing regarding autism.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3089
The whole thing was all about how Autistics are an emergency, a burden, a tsunami, a crisis, the worst thing ever. Worse than polio, they said. No shit.

Why do they hate us so much?

Why do they hate us so much?

Why? why? why do they hate us so much?
Fucking hell and Sir Patrick Stewart, among other nerd heroes, is performing to benefit one of the hate groups who testified (autism speaks. Theyre a hate group. See: Autism Every Day, their first video. Or anything theyve said ever).

So much for being the one true capitain. Or diversity and shit. Facepalm all the fucking way home, asshat.
I found the vid.

[youtube]O0vCz2KWMM0[/youtube]

These A+ pricks don't have autism, not like those kids do. There they are though, talking shit about organisations advocating general awareness of autism, increased funding for special ed. departments, more support and understanding for parents of autistic children... They're complaining that a congressional hearings was held to discuss how much the US government could actually do to help real people in a really difficult situation. Fucking infuriating bunch of useless wankers.
Bahhhhhh! I really hate these sites that talk about how autistics "don't need a cure" they "just need acceptance." I've worked with severe autistics whose behaviors literally keep them in their own world where all they could do is hum and flap their fingers. They couldn't express their wants or needs in any productive way, often screaming when their senses were overloaded. Sometimes, in art, they'd do amazing and beautiful pictures, putting colors together in amazing ways and then just walk away, only having done it because they had been prompted so many times by staff and they just wanted to get it over with. Sometimes, you think you're getting close to them, breaking through somehow, but then you realize her touching your scarf is merely because she likes its softness. They literally can't make a social connection with people and can't focus enough to ever be left alone. Many are in programs with a ratio of one staff to one client, despite the program being fit for 1:4. "Don't need a cure, just acceptance." Because I'm sure that while the autistic person is rocking in the corner with her fingers in here ears, screaming, "acceptance" is going to make her feel better, even though she doesn't even understand the social cues for handshakes. Ugh. /rant.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

KacyRay wrote:@skep tickle

Again... thanks for confirming that I'm not insane.

I guess it's true... in an insane world, a sane man would appear insane.
I am tempted to go over there myself and deposit some of my thoughts on the subject, but I suspect that several aneurisms would result.

In any event, many/most of you are probably aware that the trope of "rape culture" appears to have started to become popular in certain circles back in the '70s. For example you can reference Susan Brownmiller's 1975 book Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape. ISBN-10: 0449908208 ISBN-13: 978-0449908204

I recommend that you read the book if you have not already done so (one of the things I got out of it was that Brownmiller was obsessed with her rape fantasies BTW). I also suggest adding Dworkin and Saldana to further inform and flesh out this perspective.

Now, here is a link to an article that could be interpreted as support for Brownmiller, Dworkin and their ilk:

Y-chromosome, mtDNA, and autosomal DNA from Treilles (5,000 years ago, Neolithic France)
http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/05/y- ... l-dna.html
G2a was also one of the haplogroups represented in a small sample from Neolithic Central Europe. I think we can now safely say that G2a may have been the main Neolithic link that ties the farmers that went north across the Balkans to Central Europe, and those that followed the western, maritime route to the Western Mediterranean. The unambiguous West Asian origin of this lineage should put to rest any ideas about Neolithic farmers in the Western Mediterranean being descended from indigenous Mesolithic foragers.
Basically, we have a case where ancient DNA reveals male diffusion through the Neolithic Mediterranean route and incidentally, the fact that they did not bring their women (few, if any) with them.

I think we can reasonably assume that natural selection, favoured the women who were able coexist with the invaders after they killed off their existing menfolk, and that the women who could not, died without reproducing. I would not be surprised if the women who did survive, did so because they were able to do what it takes to do so.

It is also not hard to see where natural selection also favoured males who were willing and able to do whatever it took to reproduce. Killing any woman who did not cooperate and letting those who did live.

The bottom line is that we are all descended from people who did whatever it took to survive and reproduce and incidentally, why the "blank state" thesis is so laughable, not only counter intuitive, but demonstrable false to any one who has parented more than one child (they all come with their own distinct personality from the day they are born).

So, not a pretty picture. Quite brutal in fact. Nature red in claw and fang and all that. So let us not forget a couple of things, that we are all descended from the survivors of some pretty brutal times and practises that little distinguished us from our animal heritage, and that the average person today has twice as many female ancestors than male.

Evolutionary Psychology anyone? I doubt the field will ever get around to address the implications of the success of the "Bodice Rippers" AKA "Mommy Porn" and why so many women appear to get so much of a thrill out of them, and why they appear to be so addicted to them. But it would be very entertaining if they did so.

I also doubt that rapists (male or female) are ever going to be entirely eliminated from our population any time soon, for the same reason other "deviant" behaviour such as BDSM etc. etc. will either.

Deep roots people. Deep roots.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Cunning Punt wrote:One man's experience of a vasectomy:

Link's broken. Click on it and it takes you to the script from Hostel.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Jesus Christ. Via Braytons facebook-- The first thing homeboy does after getting home from his 'open heart' surgery is eat:
1-- Braised lamb shanks
2-- Braised short ribs

With Worcestershire sauce.

"Hey Im morbidly obese and just got out of the hospital for 'open heart' surgery. Better tank up on saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium!"

I mean Im all for YOLO. When my grandmother was at The End she pretty much ate nothing but chocolate. But it seems odd to beg for money for future expenses right before yelling YOLO and injecting pharmaceutical grade pork belly into your veins.

And when my partner got home from actual open heart surgery we ate homemade juice, oatmeal, soup, fish, rice, veggies-- 'Lamb shanks' would have quickly lead to 'Lamb vomits'.

Hes also bragging about there being 'no pain and very little even basic discomfort', while my partner could barely breathe without pain meds (at one point I got called into the hospital at 2 am because 'I dont need pain meds!' turned into 'Im not breathing because it hurts' which turned into 'We might have to intubate again if the blood oxygen levels dont go up'). A year later and I cant hear a cough or a sneeze without wincing from sympathy pain.

Brayton is one fat mother fucker, and is recovering much better from 'open heart surgery' than my athletic six-pack-abs partner. Its like Brayton didnt even have what would be described as 'open heart surgery' at all! How nice for him!

'Cancer'. 'Open heart surgery'. I *genuinely* hate a couple FfTBers.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

ERV wrote:Jesus Christ. Via Braytons facebook-- The first thing homeboy does after getting home from his 'open heart' surgery is eat:
1-- Braised lamb shanks
2-- Braised short ribs

"Hey Im morbidly obese and just got out of the hospital for 'open heart' surgery. Better tank up on saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium!"

I mean Im all for YOLO. When my grandmother was at The End she pretty much ate nothing but chocolate. But it seems odd to beg for money for future expenses right before yelling YOLO and injecting pharmaceutical grade pork belly into your veins.

And when my partner got home from actual open heart surgery we ate homemade juice, oatmeal, soup, fish, rice, veggies-- 'Lamb shanks' would have quickly lead to 'Lamb vomits'.

Hes also bragging about there being 'no pain and very little even basic discomfort', while my partner could barely breathe without pain meds (at one point I got called into the hospital at 2 am because 'I dont need pain meds!' turned into 'Im not breathing because it hurts' which turned into 'We might have to intubate again if the blood oxygen levels dont go up'). A year later and I cant hear a cough or a sneeze without wincing from sympathy pain.

Brayton is one fat mother fucker, and is recovering much better from 'open heart surgery' than my athletic six-pack-abs partner. Its like Brayton didnt even have what would be described as 'open heart surgery' at all! How nice for him!

I wonder if he finished with a wahfer-thin after dinner mint.

[youtube]rXH_12QWWg8[/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ERV wrote:Jesus Christ. Via Braytons facebook-- The first thing homeboy does after getting home from his 'open heart' surgery is eat:
1-- Braised lamb shanks
2-- Braised short ribs

I'm not a cardiologist, or a dietitian or anything like that, but I woke up in July 2011 with severe chest pain and went through 48 h in the ER/hospital with troponin tests, angiograms, stress-echo test etc. They couldn't find anything structurally wrong with the pump. Best guess was coronary artery spasm. When I was released I was told by the cardio doc that a heart-healthy diet would include steak and red wine, so maybe Two-cows got similar advice? Anyway, I'm surprised he went for the items you mentioned instead of a good Delmonico or similar...

BTW, I note in the photo that he has a badge saying "JT's daddy" or similar: if the kid he's hugging is JT, then he's well on his way in poppa's footsteps.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote: I'm not a cardiologist, or a dietitian or anything like that, but I woke up in July 2011 with severe chest pain and went through 48 h in the ER/hospital with troponin tests, angiograms, stress-echo test etc. They couldn't find anything structurally wrong with the pump. Best guess was coronary artery spasm. When I was released I was told by the cardio doc that a heart-healthy diet would include steak and red wine, so maybe Two-cows got similar advice? Anyway, I'm surprised he went for the items you mentioned instead of a good Delmonico or similar...

BTW, I note in the photo that he has a badge saying "JT's daddy" or similar: if the kid he's hugging is JT, then he's well on his way in poppa's footsteps.
Actually, I should have said lardsteps.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Lsuoma wrote:Actually, I should have said lardsteps.
Potholes.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Mykeru wrote:
Oh SNAP! :D

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/iiVce.jpg

Isn't it a common claim -- from Stephanie, Greta, Ophelia, Watson, Amy, etc -- that people who offer criticism or otherwise ridicule women online are trying to silence women online? Why doesn't Adam apply skepticism to the claims of people he seems to side with :\

Yes, yes, don't kick me out of the movement (however that would be done, I don't know), just start a character assassination campaign and continue feeding into it!

If only Stephanie and co would stop insulting fellow skeptics and direct their anger at the 'real injustices of the world'

So when shall we expect them all to fly off to India to avenge that girl that was raped and then killed herself? Should I pack their bags now?

franc

Creepiness

Post by franc »

Yeech.
Attachments
laden_mcken.jpg
(16.65 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

1-- Braised lamb shanks
2-- Braised short ribs

Oh c'mon ... Worcestershire sauce has vegetables in it, AMIRITE?!?

Anywayz, Brayton claims the "open heart" surgery (I favor the pericardial window hypothesis, but IANACT) was to remove fluid from his thorax, due to sarcoidosis or enlarged lymph nodes or whatever-anything-other-than-coronary-artery-disease.

He may be one of those people who's in such denial about his lifestyle choices and morbid obesity, that he thinks he can eat whatever he wants, as long as he pops a few Lipitors in advance.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Lsuoma wrote:I'm not a cardiologist, or a dietitian or anything like that, but I woke up in July 2011 with severe chest pain and went through 48 h in the ER/hospital with troponin tests, angiograms, stress-echo test etc. They couldn't find anything structurally wrong with the pump. Best guess was coronary artery spasm. When I was released I was told by the cardio doc that a heart-healthy diet would include steak and red wine, so maybe Two-cows got similar advice?
Diet/Fitness junky-- There are any number of lean-to-extra-lean cuts of beef. After surgery you could probably use the extra iron from beef. But short ribs are like, literally half fat, calorie-wise. And half of that fat is saturated. *Not* on Mayos list of heart-healthy cuts.

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I note in the photo that he has a badge saying "JT's daddy" or similar: if the kid he's hugging is JT, then he's well on his way in poppa's footsteps.
No. Some other dude. Pic was from Skepticon this year, apparently. Just found it from Google Images.

WoolyBumblebee

Re: Creepiness

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

franc wrote:Yeech.
Jumping fucking Jesus! Laden's long lost rape-switch boy :shock:

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tkmlac wrote: Bahhhhhh! I really hate these sites that talk about how autistics "don't need a cure" they "just need acceptance." I've worked with severe autistics whose behaviors literally keep them in their own world where all they could do is hum and flap their fingers. They couldn't express their wants or needs in any productive way, often screaming when their senses were overloaded.
Few things about the A+ snowflakes piss me off more than the duplicitous self-diagnoses of autism spectrum disorder. Do they think it's fun? Do they think they can claim savant talents? Do they just need an "excuse" for being indolent assholes?

This documentary is not for everyone, and I'm not sure what to think of the shaman woo part, but there are some excellent examples of What Is Not Fun About Autism. The kid can't express what's frustrating him or causing him pain, he has screaming fits, he's incontinent (as are most children with moderate to severe ASD), he's isolated from his peers, etc. etc. Whatever the hell happened in Mongolia, the kid is more neurotypical now, and is no longer socially isolated - why would anyone think he was better off screaming his larynx raw and crapping himself?

Dan

Post by Dan »

welch

Post by welch »

franc

Post by franc »

"I am on a vacation..."

From what? Dodging Japanese whaler harpoons?