Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:42 pm  •  [Post 39651]

Steersman wrote:... http://i46.tinypic.com/350maeb.jpg

Which is not at all true since Myers did not actually delete at least three posts from Skep Tickle /Skeptixx. And I informed you of that through a message on TBS and a post here plus a further message on TBS which I didn’t save but which included, I think, the required proof for those with limited skills in obtaining the “most trivial piece of information”. Not at all a case of “nit-picking trivia” to point out that Myers did not, in fact, “erase all traces of Skeptixx’s posts”. ...


I haven't been back to that thread since being banned, hadn't thought my posts were deleted, and now I'm a tad confused looking at the "Despise...feminism" thread at Pharyngula, which is said to have 1166 comments, but I'm only seeing #1001 on without a link to the older ones. (I think mine were in the 300's).

Not getting anything either w/ a search of "skeptixx" though a couple of people had used that 'nym in their post, while castigating me, including (come to think of it) PZ. But maybe their search function only searches the topic posts.

Don't feel like poking around to try to verify what's up w/ that, though. Instead, I was cheered up and distracted by this apparently mixed message that greeted me at Pharyngula:

Image
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3100
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:44 pm  •  [Post 39652]

JackRayner wrote:
Reap wrote:This is for Franc and just cause

Image

on the feminist challenge post


That challenge has been out in the wild for a while. It's been revived a few times, too. I think it will be a cold day in Hell if P. Zachary ever steps up.

So don't noboby be goin' an' holding yer breaths!

Johntheother totally scares the pants off PZ (apologies if that became a visual image in anyone's mind). PZ knows that he can't hold up his end of a true debate. He can't discuss points without concluding an ad hom instead of an actual conclusion. All of PZ's premises are fucked too, and he knows it. His ideology is stronger than his honesty. It's all for a higher cause, so anything goes, and every valid point can be ignored.
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:45 pm  •  [Post 39653]

I'll just leave this here

User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AndrewV69 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:47 pm  •  [Post 39654]

decius wrote:In the light of the above, consider that Andrew has just openly admitted to a personal recruitment campaign.


Not just now actually. I have been up front about it from day one.

At the same time, we were being loudly assured that MRA really stands for egalitarianism. Does it?


Some think it does. Those suffering under the jackboots of the Gynocracy just yearn to be free.

And here is what that MRA group stood for, in their own words:

“Charlie Chaplin is one of our most ardent supporters abroad” Herr Kornblueh declared, “and since his divorce, he has written to us assuring our organization of his sympathy and emphasizing the necessity of a world wide movement for the emancipation of the oppressed husbands.

“The tyranny of modern women, who demand all rights and refuse all duties, who are marrying men only to lead a careless, workless and childless life, or to obtain a divorce and a lifelong alimony, this shameful tyranny is the underlying cause of all evils.

“Look at the insane asylum Steinhof in Vienna. Fifty percent of the unfortunate inmates were brought to this place because of their marriage.’’

The congress passed a resolution demanding the abolishment of alimonies find other unequal pacts between the two sexes, and protesting against the favoritism of the authorities in favor of women, especially the siding of the police with the wives whenever a domestic quarrel develops.

The Justitia is the first organization in the world fighting for the “emancipation of men,” and makes its appeal to all those “in revolt against the oppression of the female sex.” Only the freedom of men can prevent the white race from decline and ruin, declares one of the organizations proclamations.

“The only trouble is,” confessed Kornblueh, “there are few courageous men. Husbands are too cowardly, while bachelors are perhaps too willing to join our organization.”



Some egalitarians, there.


If you are the average married man, you have every right to be scared of divorce.

And I would posit that the thought that men would have equall rights is what has some feminists up in arms.

There is a branch of the movement that is bent on denying all women everywhere the legal and societal means of retaining their personal packmule, on the grounds that the exchange of goods and services no longer provides any benefits to the man, and at the same time, women as a group acrue benefits without responsibility, acountability or any corresponding obligation.

The Quebec model is referenced from time to time in this regard. Whereas a significant number never marry but instead opt for cohabitation. The irony is that the Feminists were heavily involved in passing the laws which in effect stated that "we do not need no stinking man to provision for us.... we are women ... hear us roar! Equall standing before the law!!"

In any event, I dare ya to get married, have kids and get divorced (70-90% initiated by the woman apparently). Actually I double dare ya. Go ahead. Make my day. You will find out for yourself what provisioning is all about.

*cackles*
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:48 pm  •  [Post 39655]

AndrewV69 wrote:
decius wrote:Why would I embrace a philosophy of life which essentially fosters divisiveness between sexes and thrives on bitter recriminations?
It's simply not my thing.


This is the nub I think, the MGTOW who have attached themselves to the MRM?

If so it is hardly surprising if you have never experienced nor observed a divorce involving children or any of the other forces that have informed some men.

I can hardly blame you if you do not want to become associated with the male version of CreepyBitterGirl. We certainly have more than enough of those.

However, if that is all you can see of the MRM. *shrug* Hopefully, being better informed you will never stumble unknowingly into one of the many traps so many others do.

Back in the day when I was a Feminist, SN was a Radfem. Now we are both out, perhaps in the end for similar reasons.

Because there comes a point when it becomes too difficult to deny the evidence before your lying eyes, and today we both apparently refer to ourselves as humanists if anything.

Good luck to you.

I don't mind being called a humanist, egalitarian or equalist, but I think we've both seen our way through and past the sexism intrinsic to the feminist ideology. Speaks well of us, I think. :)
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby somedumbguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm  •  [Post 39656]

Scented Nectar wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Reap wrote:This is for Franc and just cause

Image

on the feminist challenge post


That challenge has been out in the wild for a while. It's been revived a few times, too. I think it will be a cold day in Hell if P. Zachary ever steps up.

So don't noboby be goin' an' holding yer breaths!

Johntheother totally scares the pants off PZ (apologies if that became a visual image in anyone's mind). PZ knows that he can't hold up his end of a true debate. He can't discuss points without concluding an ad hom instead of an actual conclusion. All of PZ's premises are fucked too, and he knows it. His ideology is stronger than his honesty. It's all for a higher cause, so anything goes, and every valid point can be ignored.


And the reason for that, is that PZ is totally ignorant about what MRA issues are, or what the arguments are, or how they are defended.

PZ seems to get all of his MRA information via David Futrelle and Rebecca Watson and FTB bloggers. Like so many, he refuses to read what the MRAs and equity feminists have to say.

He would get his butt kicked by anyone prepared, which is why it's always stupid to refuse to read the primary sources.
User avatar
somedumbguy
.
.
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:53 pm  •  [Post 39657]

Scented Nectar wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
decius wrote:Why would I embrace a philosophy of life which essentially fosters divisiveness between sexes and thrives on bitter recriminations?
It's simply not my thing.


This is the nub I think, the MGTOW who have attached themselves to the MRM?

If so it is hardly surprising if you have never experienced nor observed a divorce involving children or any of the other forces that have informed some men.

I can hardly blame you if you do not want to become associated with the male version of CreepyBitterGirl. We certainly have more than enough of those.

However, if that is all you can see of the MRM. *shrug* Hopefully, being better informed you will never stumble unknowingly into one of the many traps so many others do.

Back in the day when I was a Feminist, SN was a Radfem. Now we are both out, perhaps in the end for similar reasons.

Because there comes a point when it becomes too difficult to deny the evidence before your lying eyes, and today we both apparently refer to ourselves as humanists if anything.

Good luck to you.

I don't mind being called a humanist, egalitarian or equalist, but I think we've both seen our way through and past the sexism intrinsic to the feminist ideology. Speaks well of us, I think. :)

Also, I suppose I'm a WGTOW too. Never married or had kids, and never wanted either. Scented don't play that game. :)
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 pm  •  [Post 39658]

somedumbguy wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Reap wrote:This is for Franc and just cause

Image

on the feminist challenge post


That challenge has been out in the wild for a while. It's been revived a few times, too. I think it will be a cold day in Hell if P. Zachary ever steps up.

So don't noboby be goin' an' holding yer breaths!

Johntheother totally scares the pants off PZ (apologies if that became a visual image in anyone's mind). PZ knows that he can't hold up his end of a true debate. He can't discuss points without concluding an ad hom instead of an actual conclusion. All of PZ's premises are fucked too, and he knows it. His ideology is stronger than his honesty. It's all for a higher cause, so anything goes, and every valid point can be ignored.


And the reason for that, is that PZ is totally ignorant about what MRA issues are, or what the arguments are, or how they are defended.

PZ seems to get all of his MRA information via David Futrelle and Rebecca Watson and FTB bloggers. Like so many, he refuses to read what the MRAs and equity feminists have to say.

He would get his butt kicked by anyone prepared, which is why it's always stupid to refuse to read the primary sources.


Getting information from a closed source of individuals who share your beliefs, while telling them to stay away from any sources who disagree and provide counter-information that requires critical thinking skills?

Where have I heard that before...?
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Scented Nectar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:55 pm  •  [Post 39659]

somedumbguy wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Reap wrote:This is for Franc and just cause

Image

on the feminist challenge post


That challenge has been out in the wild for a while. It's been revived a few times, too. I think it will be a cold day in Hell if P. Zachary ever steps up.

So don't noboby be goin' an' holding yer breaths!

Johntheother totally scares the pants off PZ (apologies if that became a visual image in anyone's mind). PZ knows that he can't hold up his end of a true debate. He can't discuss points without concluding an ad hom instead of an actual conclusion. All of PZ's premises are fucked too, and he knows it. His ideology is stronger than his honesty. It's all for a higher cause, so anything goes, and every valid point can be ignored.


And the reason for that, is that PZ is totally ignorant about what MRA issues are, or what the arguments are, or how they are defended.

PZ seems to get all of his MRA information via David Futrelle and Rebecca Watson and FTB bloggers. Like so many, he refuses to read what the MRAs and equity feminists have to say.

He would get his butt kicked by anyone prepared, which is why it's always stupid to refuse to read the primary sources.

I wonder if PZ and Futrelle are the same person, with Futrelle being his more scandalmaking/gossipy side.
User avatar
Scented Nectar
.
.
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KacyRay » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:00 pm  •  [Post 39660]

@Hemisphere

Hemisphere wrote:@Kacyray

These might have been useful in your lengthy argument on Ed Brayton's FtB page:

.................

Totally reasonable to support equality for women without automatically being labelled a 'feminist'.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism#Reactions)



Thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy... until I began questioning my motives for remaining engaged in that conversation in the first place. Then I wasn't so sure.

I am most certainly in favor of pornography, by the way. I don't think I'd qualify as a pro-feminist.

I just don't think that equality means what those feminists say it means.

I perused over to Greta's blog for the first time last night and attempted to strike up a conversation. I was banned almost immediately. Apparently the mere suggestion that a woman who is being gang-raped (or otherwise victimized) may find that she has choices to make - choices that might determine whether she lives or dies - and that some choices might be better than others in terms of survival strategy - was a capital offense. Instant ban. And I received a few "fuck you"s once I was banned from her peanut gallery. Classy bunch over there.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... rrendered/

I just now checked up on it, and it appears that one guy spoke up for the fact that I was asking a reasonable question, and Greta put him on "comment moderation" status. Then she proceeded to explain that she not only allows dissent but encourages it.

heh...
KacyRay
.
.
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Throbbing Abraham » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:03 pm  •  [Post 39661]

I wonder if somewhere on the dreamy plains of the backchannel, PZ is frothing about the enlightened humility he has so heroically evolved into thanks to his 'spiritual advisers'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_uRIMUB ... ata_player
Throbbing Abraham
.
.
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AndrewV69 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm  •  [Post 39662]

Cunning Punt wrote:Oh boy, he also uses "wherein" as well as "nary". Pretentious twat. Death's too good for him*.

(*Note: this is a joke.)



Then you do not want to hear me in real life. I not only use those words and more, but just my accent raises hackles in certain quarters.

Quite amusing really.
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby fascination » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 pm  •  [Post 39663]

Spence wrote:
fascination wrote:From the article:
"The conviction rate for rape is 58%. That bears repeating. The conviction rate for rape, is 58%. The conviction rate for reportable crimes of all types is 57%. I know you will have heard the figure of 6%. Everyone has. That figure is actually an attrition rate, not a conviction rate, and even as an attrition rate it is wrong – the attrition rate for rape is in the region of 12%."

These are figures from the U.K. I don't know the figures for the U.S.

Conviction rate in the UK for violent crimes is 69% - higher than rape.

Also, crown court conviction rates in the UK are 83% (see here), much higher than rape. Note a rape trial is always heard in front of a jury and therefore is always heard in the crown court. Not sure where 57% comes from, probably includes magistrate courts etc (which are not relevant in this case, and would be an apples and pears comparison). However, the 58% sounds about right.

Bottom line: the conviction rate for rape in the UK is lower than other violent crimes, and significantly lower than other crimes on a like-for-like basis in the UK.

Thanks for the info. The link in the original article I posted is to another article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ading.html
I would have liked them to linked to a study but oh well. I'll take your word on the 69% figure. I'm not a UK citizen so I'm not as familiar with their justice system. I think the point of the original article was that the conviction rate for rape wasn't as low as most people believe. A lot of people believed it was as low as 6% (because of misinformation from feminist organizations apparently) and this was putting some women off of reporting their rape.
fascination
.
.
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AndrewV69 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:14 pm  •  [Post 39664]

decius wrote:Oh, Jack, I almost forgot.

A few months ago you made a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape.

I did check also that. All stats indicate the opposite being true. In most western democracies, the majority of reports don't even make it to court; police and prosecutors are well aware of the likelihood of false accusation and alleged rape victims are thoroughly investigated; conviction rate for rape are on average lower than for other violent crimes.

It is true that in past decades, it was more difficult for rape victim to obtain justice. Corrective steps have been taken and this has led to an increased number of wrongful convictions. But the large picture is not the one painted by the MRA, and by you in particular.

But by omitting to present the wider picture and offering only your skewed view, you have in fact engaged in another propaganda tactic, which is the creation of moral panic.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic


Do you have sources for that? I would be interested in seeing them.

(not to mention I am sure the Community of the Wrongly Accused may have a different perspective see: http://www.cotwa.info/)
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Postby Steersman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 pm  •  [Post 39665]

Skep tickle wrote:
Steersman wrote:... http://i46.tinypic.com/350maeb.jpg

Which is not at all true since Myers did not actually delete at least three posts from Skep Tickle /Skeptixx. And I informed you of that through a message on TBS and a post here plus a further message on TBS which I didn’t save but which included, I think, the required proof for those with limited skills in obtaining the “most trivial piece of information”. Not at all a case of “nit-picking trivia” to point out that Myers did not, in fact, “erase all traces of Skeptixx’s posts”. ...

I haven't been back to that thread since being banned, hadn't thought my posts were deleted, and now I'm a tad confused looking at the "Despise...feminism" thread at Pharyngula, which is said to have 1166 comments, but I'm only seeing #1001 on without a link to the older ones. (I think mine were in the 300's).

There are three pages to that thread now – and, unfortunately, the page-scroller is apparently only available at the bottom; three of your posts (#317, 319, 340) are on page 1. And I use the browser [IE8] search function for finding posts by various people or particular phrases they might have used.

Though, in passing, I hate going to FfTB for many reasons, but a major one is that I find that all of the ads cause the pages to load very slowly – if adblocker or the like would prevent that then I would look into using it.

Not getting anything either w/ a search of "skeptixx" though a couple of people had used that 'nym in their post, while castigating me, including (come to think of it) PZ. But maybe their search function only searches the topic posts.
Don't feel like poking around to try to verify what's up w/ that, though. Instead, I was cheered up and distracted by this apparently mixed message that greeted me at Pharyngula:

Image

Ah yes, serendipitous irony; who says "Gawd" doesn't have a sense of humour? …. :-)
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 4062
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AchronTimeless » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 pm  •  [Post 39666]

fascination wrote:A lot of people believed it was as low as 6% (because of misinformation from feminist organizations apparently) and this was putting some women off of reporting their rape.

That's when it stars falling into "self fulfilling prophecy" territory. Oh, well more and more women aren't reporting rapes and if we throw an estimation in of what that number might be (on tuesdays when the moon is juuust right) then we lower the percentage to a depressing conviction level. That'll make women not bother reporting rapes, thus making reality start to match the numbers they pulled out of their ass and ultimately letting them stand up and say "Hey, we were right all along" when someone does figure out how track the damage they've caused.

I'd be impressed if I thought they were engineering it on purpose. Disturbing either way.
I squeak, therefore I am.

Opposing the skepchicks/a+/ftb makes you a male supremacist in the same way opposing christianity makes you a muslim
User avatar
AchronTimeless
.
.
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm
Location: Somewhere out of my mind

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby CommanderTuvok » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:27 pm  •  [Post 39667]

Anyone know if any of the Baboons have put out an official response (aka hitpiece) on Thunderfoot's latest video? Opheliar and Svan are usually so quick off the mark.
User avatar
CommanderTuvok
.
.
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 pm  •  [Post 39668]

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anyone know if any of the Baboons have put out an official response (aka hitpiece) on Thunderfoot's latest video? Opheliar and Svan are usually so quick off the mark.


No info yet, but this ass-fedora posted this reply on his channel:

User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby BoxNDox » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 pm  •  [Post 39669]

BarnOwl wrote:
welch wrote: It's a rather handy tool for running a network, especially now that HP and Cisco have gotten off that Java kick. But, just like driving a truck requires different skills than riding a skateboard, you have to learn how the iPad actually works to use it well. Just like you have to learn at least a minimum of how OS X/Windows/Linux work to use THOSE platforms well. You don't have to be a sysadmin by any means, but you have to learn *something*.


Will you please talk to the administrative higher-ups at my uni about this? I keep telling them that if they expect us to develop e-learning modules and self-tests that work well on an iPad or smartphone, they need to buy us iPads so that we can learn how they work and use them appropriately in the context of curriculum development.

Still waiting for that iPad, of course. They could buy a metric fucketonne of them, for the amount applied instead to annual salary for yet another useless deanlet. /rant


Since the empty chair test failures aren't limited to deans (although at some institutions they seem to be concentrated there), I prefer the term "educrat" to "deanlet". I used it frequently back in my teaching days.

And on a side note, if you're sexting by sending around pictures of "your pimply ass", I'm afraid you're not doing it right. Maybe some of the the dumb rubbed off on the students.
User avatar
BoxNDox
.
.
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:32 pm  •  [Post 39670]

fascination wrote:Thanks for the info. The link in the original article I posted is to another article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ading.html
I would have liked them to linked to a study but oh well. I'll take your word on the 69% figure. I'm not a UK citizen so I'm not as familiar with their justice system. I think the point of the original article was that the conviction rate for rape wasn't as low as most people believe. A lot of people believed it was as low as 6% (because of misinformation from feminist organizations apparently) and this was putting some women off of reporting their rape.

I think the 58% and 69% come from CPS figures here.

The figure of 6% (think it is more like 7%) is from police report to conviction. It is a relevant figure, but yes it is abused by feminists and can lead to people not reporting rape, which is a serious problem.

Most of my info comes from my GF, who I mentioned in the early days of the ERV threads used to do voluntary work in a rape and sexual abuse crisis centre, so I've learned quite a lot about rape facts and myths through her. Some things stand out as a red rag to me (such as a belief you can get meaningful info on rape stats by looking at press cuttings...)

Curiously, the two groups that would annoy the leaders in the sexual abuse charities were topped by old guys who still have 1950s attitudes and think that rape is caused by women who dressed slutty, but a close second were feminists who thought they knew it all because they were concerned about womyn's issues, but actually knew next to nothing about the problems on the ground. The charity workers used to get surprisingly pissed off at the fems, they often did more damage than help due to their ignorance.

Both groups cared little about the surprisingly large number of male rape victims, who end up as the forgotten ones in much of this. The other thing is the focus on "stranger danger", which is actually a small minority of rapes, but is most effective at creating fear; most rapes are committed by friends, family members, but that doesn't have the scare factor. The fems tend to make claims about "rape culture", and I've some of the pharynula horde fems insist that because of the "rape culture", they have to have a chaperone when going out, and have to be home by 6pm. That chaperone a friend or relative? More likely to rape you than the stranger in a bar. Back home by 6pm? Exactly where and when most rapes happen. These people have no clue.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Reap » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:33 pm  •  [Post 39671]

JackRayner wrote:
Reap wrote:This is for Franc and just cause

Image

on the feminist challenge post


That challenge has been out in the wild for a while. It's been revived a few times, too. I think it will be a cold day in Hell if P. Zachary ever steps up.

So don't noboby be goin' an' holding yer breaths!



It never hurts to remind a chickenshit exactly what they are and I enjoy thinking about the few moments of time PZ has to take out of his already wasted life to ban me again however petty it may be
You aren't a complete idiot..some pieces are missing

If you were offended.. I take full responsibility, especially if it makes you cry
User avatar
Reap
.
.
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am
Location: Fremont CA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:43 pm  •  [Post 39672]

User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:46 pm  •  [Post 39673]

KacyRay wrote:...

I perused over to Greta's blog for the first time last night and attempted to strike up a conversation. I was banned almost immediately. Apparently the mere suggestion that a woman who is being gang-raped (or otherwise victimized) may find that she has choices to make - choices that might determine whether she lives or dies - and that some choices might be better than others in terms of survival strategy - was a capital offense. Instant ban. And I received a few "fuck you"s once I was banned from her peanut gallery. Classy bunch over there.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... rrendered/

I just now checked up on it, and it appears that one guy spoke up for the fact that I was asking a reasonable question, and Greta put him on "comment moderation" status. Then she proceeded to explain that she not only allows dissent but encourages it. ...

Wow. That's really something. And you were being so careful to preface your remarks, and to be clear in your communications.

Looks like you were banned in part due to your "vile behavior [sic] on other blogs" at FtB. (All bolding below added by me)

Rodney Nelson at Greta's blog wrote:
You’re saying it is incumbent upon the aggressor to devise a survival strategy for the victim?


Yes it is. The prospective rapist should decide not to rape the victim.

The is a culture endemic throughout the world that says rape is acceptable. This is called, oddly enough, the rape culture. If enough people work to make the rape culture socially unacceptable, then the number of rapes will decrease. Prospective rapists will know their behavior is unacceptable and will be less likely to rape.

So YOU have to do your part to devise a survival strategy for rape victims.

Incidentally, I’m having serious doubts as to whether or not you’re an honest interlocutor. Your reputation on other FTB blogs is, shall I say, less than sterling.


Greta Christina wrote:
Is there any room to question a woman’s behavior while she’s being raped in regards to survival strategy?
That person has a choice to make, don’t they? And that choice has implications. And that choice is subject to scrutiny…

kacyray @ #12: No. There is no reason to question a rape victim’s behavior in regards to their rape, or to subject it to scrutiny. Perseverating on this topic is a classic example of “Yes, but…” derailment, and is a way of trivializing the subject. And the fact that you think this is a valid question to be raising (in combination with your vile behavior in other blogs) has earned you a ban from this blog.


(No, no, no! "Scrutiny" is a bad thing. See how close it is to "scrotum"?)

Here's bushcat holding up your end of the "conversation" well after you'd been banned:
Oh yea, Jesse. Let’s not talk about survival strategies. It’s too uncomfortably pragmatic. Let’s be romantic and imagine we can put an end to rape, as we have to murder, burglary and fraud.


Here's part of Greta Christina's reply to bushcat:
...The whole point of this post was that examining a rape victim’s actions after their rape to question and scrutinize their choices and look at what they might have done better — as opposed to looking at how we can discourage and prevent potential rapists from committing rape — is reprehensible. ...

The question on the table is not, “Are there techniques that rape victims might employ to increase their chances of survival?” That may be the topic you want to discuss — but it is not the topic on the table. That would be an appropriate topic for another thread. On this thread, it is a classic example of exactly the kind of behavior that this post is condemning.

And riding roughshod over a blogger’s clearly stated comment policy, and blatantly disregarding her clearly stated wishes over what conversation topics in her blog are and are not appropriate and where, is what’s “not in keeping with free thought.” You have a right to express whatever views you like. You do not have the right to express them anywhere you like, at any time.

Normally at this point, I would be giving you one last chance to apologize and make amends. But today is supposed to be one of my very few days off from work, and I don’t want to have to spend all day monitoring the comments here to see if you’re still at it. So I’m putting you into comment moderation. Any further comments you make here will need to be approved by me before they get posted.


Riiiiiight. Anything that seems to question the righteousness of the blogger's topic post is "not in keeping with free thought". Good one, Greta. :doh:
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3100
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Rawrsome » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:48 pm  •  [Post 39674]

Reap wrote:
franc wrote:
Gumby wrote:Welcome, dougal445! Jump right in and join the mayhem.


Likewise welcome. Don't be put off by the Eucliwood kerfuffle. Extraordinary dimwits evoke extraordinary responses. That thing is pretty much one of a kind.

Everytime Franc says "kerfuffle" I giggle.......I can't help it. Somehow I think if I ever make it to Australia I'll get my ass kicked a few times.



Using the word ass would definitely get your arse kicked in Australia.
Rawrsome
.
.
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:49 pm  •  [Post 39675]

Skep tickle wrote:
KacyRay wrote:...

I perused over to Greta's blog for the first time last night and attempted to strike up a conversation. I was banned almost immediately. Apparently the mere suggestion that a woman who is being gang-raped (or otherwise victimized) may find that she has choices to make - choices that might determine whether she lives or dies - and that some choices might be better than others in terms of survival strategy - was a capital offense. Instant ban. And I received a few "fuck you"s once I was banned from her peanut gallery. Classy bunch over there.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... rrendered/

I just now checked up on it, and it appears that one guy spoke up for the fact that I was asking a reasonable question, and Greta put him on "comment moderation" status. Then she proceeded to explain that she not only allows dissent but encourages it. ...

Wow. That's really something. And you were being so careful to preface your remarks, and to be clear in your communications.

Looks like you were banned in part due to your "vile behavior [sic] on other blogs" at FtB. (All bolding below added by me)

Rodney Nelson at Greta's blog wrote:
You’re saying it is incumbent upon the aggressor to devise a survival strategy for the victim?


Yes it is. The prospective rapist should decide not to rape the victim.

The is a culture endemic throughout the world that says rape is acceptable. This is called, oddly enough, the rape culture. If enough people work to make the rape culture socially unacceptable, then the number of rapes will decrease. Prospective rapists will know their behavior is unacceptable and will be less likely to rape.

So YOU have to do your part to devise a survival strategy for rape victims.

Incidentally, I’m having serious doubts as to whether or not you’re an honest interlocutor. Your reputation on other FTB blogs is, shall I say, less than sterling.


Greta Christina wrote:
Is there any room to question a woman’s behavior while she’s being raped in regards to survival strategy?
That person has a choice to make, don’t they? And that choice has implications. And that choice is subject to scrutiny…

kacyray @ #12: No. There is no reason to question a rape victim’s behavior in regards to their rape, or to subject it to scrutiny. Perseverating on this topic is a classic example of “Yes, but…” derailment, and is a way of trivializing the subject. And the fact that you think this is a valid question to be raising (in combination with your vile behavior in other blogs) has earned you a ban from this blog.


(No, no, no! "Scrutiny" is a bad thing. See how close it is to "scrotum"?)

Here's bushcat holding up your end of the "conversation" well after you'd been banned:
Oh yea, Jesse. Let’s not talk about survival strategies. It’s too uncomfortably pragmatic. Let’s be romantic and imagine we can put an end to rape, as we have to murder, burglary and fraud.


Here's part of Greta Christina's reply to bushcat:
...The whole point of this post was that examining a rape victim’s actions after their rape to question and scrutinize their choices and look at what they might have done better — as opposed to looking at how we can discourage and prevent potential rapists from committing rape — is reprehensible. ...

The question on the table is not, “Are there techniques that rape victims might employ to increase their chances of survival?” That may be the topic you want to discuss — but it is not the topic on the table. That would be an appropriate topic for another thread. On this thread, it is a classic example of exactly the kind of behavior that this post is condemning.

And riding roughshod over a blogger’s clearly stated comment policy, and blatantly disregarding her clearly stated wishes over what conversation topics in her blog are and are not appropriate and where, is what’s “not in keeping with free thought.” You have a right to express whatever views you like. You do not have the right to express them anywhere you like, at any time.

Normally at this point, I would be giving you one last chance to apologize and make amends. But today is supposed to be one of my very few days off from work, and I don’t want to have to spend all day monitoring the comments here to see if you’re still at it. So I’m putting you into comment moderation. Any further comments you make here will need to be approved by me before they get posted.


Riiiiiight. Anything that seems to question the righteousness of the blogger's topic post is "not in keeping with free thought". Good one, Greta. :doh:


I just... what... can't...
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:51 pm  •  [Post 39676]

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anyone know if any of the Baboons have put out an official response (aka hitpiece) on Thunderfoot's latest video? Opheliar and Svan are usually so quick off the mark.


All quiet on the FC5/6 front. I wander if they've been given a gag order. There's not even a peep from Old Prunie and The Disinterested Cow.
User avatar
Dan
.
.
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 am
Location: Straya Cunts

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KacyRay » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:53 pm  •  [Post 39677]

@skep tickle

Again... thanks for confirming that I'm not insane.

I guess it's true... in an insane world, a sane man would appear insane.
KacyRay
.
.
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm  •  [Post 39678]

Dilurk wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:About Joé McKen (Bio I found on-line). He does not hide himself at all on-line. :doh:

"My name is Joé McKen... I suppose my double-jackpot of mild Asperger's and mild Tourette's may count for that in some way or another.

Welp, that explains a lot...


Only TWO neurological disorders? TWO?? Fucker needs to check his privilege...


Whining kid he's no aspie but using it as an excuse. http://isnt.autistics.org


Yes, aspies do not respond to people like this -

Wow. That was feeble, even for you. Sheesh.

I have, and it is, to the point where if you don’t see it, then there’s really nothing more to discuss.

It's cute how you cupcakes...

And yes, that is the extent of my response to that load of wet flatulence you posted for a comment


etc.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 pm  •  [Post 39679]

DataNotDogma wrote:What the fuck does "may be neurotypical" mean?


"Privileged"
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:58 pm  •  [Post 39680]

Skep tickle wrote:Riiiiiight. Anything that seems to question the righteousness of the blogger's topic post is "not in keeping with free thought". Good one, Greta. :doh:


FfTB has always been at war with Eastasia.
Just because you shot Jesse James, don’t make you Jesse James.
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 4136
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Rawrsome » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 pm  •  [Post 39681]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
No info yet, but this ass-fedora posted this reply on his channel:





I love the look on his face.


Its the same type of look my dog used to give when he forgot that shitting was an outside activity.
Rawrsome
.
.
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby EdgePenguin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 pm  •  [Post 39682]

franc wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:About Joé McKen (Bio I found on-line). He does not hide himself at all on-line. :doh:

"My name is Joé McKen... I suppose my double-jackpot of mild Asperger's and mild Tourette's may count for that in some way or another.

Welp, that explains a lot...


Only TWO neurological disorders? TWO?? Fucker needs to check his privilege...


Whining kid he's no aspie but using it as an excuse. http://isnt.autistics.org


Yes, aspies do not respond to people like this -

Wow. That was feeble, even for you. Sheesh.

I have, and it is, to the point where if you don’t see it, then there’s really nothing more to discuss.

It's cute how you cupcakes...

And yes, that is the extent of my response to that load of wet flatulence you posted for a comment


etc.


I'm fairly sure that 'aspies' have roughly the same range of language to throw at people as 'neurotypicals'. Lets be honest here; Asperger's Syndrome is not a hugely debilitating condition. Suffers still have have easily enough mental capacity to be dicks to people.

The reason for all this seems to have been lost in this monolithic thread. Whats this guy done other than being pretentious?
User avatar
EdgePenguin
.
.
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:17 pm  •  [Post 39683]

Isn't a diagnosis of "Aspergers" about to be consumed into "Autism spectrum disorders" anyway?
"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm  •  [Post 39684]

Neat.

[spoiler]
Code: Select all
* g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x *
g                                               g 
o /     \             \            /    \       o
a|       |             \          |      |      a
t|       `.             |         |       :     t
s`        |             |        \|       |     s
e \       | /       /  \\\   --__ \\       :    e
x  \      \/   _--~~          ~--__| \     |    x 
*   \      \_-~                    ~-_\    |    *
g    \_     \        _.--------.______\|   |    g
o      \     \______// _ ___ _ (_(__>  \   |    o
a       \   .  C ___)  ______ (_(____>  |  /    a
t       /\ |   C ____)/      \ (_____>  |_/     t
s      / /\|   C_____)       |  (___>   /  \    s
e     |   (   _C_____)\______/  // _/ /     \   e
x     |    \  |__   \\_________// (__/       |  x
*    | \    \____)   `----   --'             |  *
g    |  \_          ___\       /_          _/ | g
o   |              /    |     |  \            | o
a   |             |    /       \  \           | a
t   |          / /    |         |  \           |t
s   |         / /      \__/\___/    |          |s
e  |           /        |    |       |         |e
x  |          |         |    |       |         |x
* g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x * g o a t s e x *
[/spoiler]
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dick Strawkins » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm  •  [Post 39685]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
No info yet, but this ass-fedora posted this reply on his channel:



I'll skip any analysis of his argument as the amount of straw involved might set off my hay fever.
The one thing I noticed from him was something he appears to share with the FTB horde: an utter disdain for his fellow atheists.
It's like a weird inverse version of "Jews For Jesus"; "Atheists against Atheism".
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
User avatar
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 4720
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm  •  [Post 39686]

More baboon shit

Image
User avatar
Dan
.
.
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 am
Location: Straya Cunts

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby KiwiInOz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm  •  [Post 39687]

Just unlurking from my holiday to say welcome back MKG.

Oh, and to say that in my experience of internet land Eucliwood, when someone discloses that they are a young perverted female, then in real life they tend to look something like:

Image

Shocking, I know.

(PS - assume piss taking in all things Pit)
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Hemisphere » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm  •  [Post 39688]

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Isn't a diagnosis of "Aspergers" about to be consumed into "Autism spectrum disorders" anyway?


That is indeed the way it looks right now. Once the DSM-5 is available then everyone will just have to say they've got 'mild autistic spectrum disorder'. Or perhaps pervasive-developmental-disorder-not-otherwise-specified (much more mysterious sounding) if their symptoms are a bit atypical.
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise" - Voltaire
User avatar
Hemisphere
.
.
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: UK

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ERV » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm  •  [Post 39689]

Random Twitter annoyances--

1. So after McCreight went all 'WE TOTES NEED A LADY IRON CHEF!!!!' after she watched an episode of 'Next Iron Chef' and was therefore an expert (even though there already is an awesome but gay so not lady enough Iron Chef and arguments could be made for any of the other contestants being the next Iron Chef), Alex Guarnaschelli (lady Alex) won. McCreight couldnt bother to Tweet her 'Congratulations!!!'

The appearance of being 'feminist' is more important than supporting accomplished women, apparently.


2. Twatson, seeing as she only responds to trolls and not actual humans, still hasnt gotten around to explaining her Evolutionary Psychology abortion, but managed to find the time to insult a crude detractor on Twitter by calling them a virgin.

Its *weird* how focused Rebecca Watson is on S-E-X.

There is a long list of things I would call someone if I genuinely wanted to hurt their feelings. 'Virgin' isnt on that list. Not because it is SO OFFENSIVE but because its not even remotely offensive. We generally encourage young children to be virgins. In some cultures virgins are revered. Some people are very happy virgins by choice into adulthood, asexuals, aspies who do not fucking want to be touched, etc. Lots of lesbians these days live their entire lives without ever having hetero-sex and could, with a very specific definition, still be considered 'virgins'.

But 'virgin' is on the top of Watsons oh-so-enlightened list of insults for a poster she presumes is male, which she used to encourage traditional male stereotypes (HAVE LOTS OF SEXAH TIME OR U NO DOOOD!).

Rebecca Watson is so *WEIRD*.
User avatar
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm  •  [Post 39690]

Dan wrote:More baboon shit

Image


Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:36 pm  •  [Post 39691]

JackRayner wrote:
Reap wrote:This is for Franc and just cause

Image

on the feminist challenge post


That challenge has been out in the wild for a while. It's been revived a few times, too. I think it will be a cold day in Hell if P. Zachary ever steps up.

So don't noboby be goin' an' holding yer breaths!


Needs to be framed next to his declaring victory because no coward would venture into his feminism "free" discussion thread.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby somedumbguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:37 pm  •  [Post 39692]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Anyone know if any of the Baboons have put out an official response (aka hitpiece) on Thunderfoot's latest video? Opheliar and Svan are usually so quick off the mark.


No info yet, but this ass-fedora posted this reply on his channel:



And this sequel



Did he really say (yes he did)

"[He] is now attacking feminism which he knows nothing about. I'd be the first to admit that I don't know much about the movement myself. But based upon what I've seen and what I do know from those that have informed me about it, it is a worthwhile movement" and filled with puppies and kittens.

How many assumptions and terrible fallacies are in those few lines?
User avatar
somedumbguy
.
.
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 pm  •  [Post 39693]

EdgePenguin wrote:I'm fairly sure that 'aspies' have roughly the same range of language to throw at people as 'neurotypicals'. Lets be honest here; Asperger's Syndrome is not a hugely debilitating condition. Suffers still have have easily enough mental capacity to be dicks to people.

The reason for all this seems to have been lost in this monolithic thread. Whats this guy done other than being pretentious?


Here's a place to start: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/search.php?keywords=Jo%C3%A9+McKen

Here's a recent link to a post JM put up:
Dan wrote:Joé McKen has a new post up about Al and the Pit. http://preliatorcausa.blogspot.com/2012 ... .html#more


following this exchange:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Joe replies...

Image
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3100
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tkmlac » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:42 pm  •  [Post 39694]

Hemisphere wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Isn't a diagnosis of "Aspergers" about to be consumed into "Autism spectrum disorders" anyway?


That is indeed the way it looks right now. Once the DSM-5 is available then everyone will just have to say they've got 'mild autistic spectrum disorder'. Or perhaps pervasive-developmental-disorder-not-otherwise-specified (much more mysterious sounding) if their symptoms are a bit atypical.


You know, I work with developmentally disabled adults. Many of them are on the Autism spectrum AND have mild, moderate or severe mental retardation. The people I've met who don't have any mental retardation but are "on the spectrum" are indistinguishable from socially awkward assholes.
User avatar
Tkmlac
.
.
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 pm  •  [Post 39695]

Spoilers eh?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4558
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:45 pm  •  [Post 39696]

Tony Parsehole wrote:Spoilers eh?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Which one's you, and which your brother?
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4723
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:49 pm  •  [Post 39697]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Dan wrote:More baboon shit

http://i.imgur.com/Gcqyk.png


Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.

Yeah, looks like it, comment by mecher3k on your video from a couple of days ago. Quite well buried now.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tony Parsehole » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:50 pm  •  [Post 39698]

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Spoilers eh?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Which one's you, and which your brother?

I'm totally the one in the red shirt.
See that passion? Can't be faked.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4558
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm  •  [Post 39699]

CommanderTuvok wrote:Anyone know if any of the Baboons have put out an official response (aka hitpiece) on Thunderfoot's latest video? Opheliar and Svan are usually so quick off the mark.

That thought crossed my mind, but all I could find was PeeZus telling everyone disaster planning is what STOOOOPID OLD PEOPLE do.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Al Stefanelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm  •  [Post 39700]

Spence wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Dan wrote:More baboon shit

http://i.imgur.com/Gcqyk.png


Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.

Yeah, looks like it, comment by mecher3k on your video from a couple of days ago. Quite well buried now.


OK, thanks. Just wondered if there was a connection to that and the copyright complaint that was sent to YouTube about my video. I'll peek around later. Maybe.
User avatar
Al Stefanelli
.
.
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55 am
Location: Peachtree City, GA

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Postby franc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm  •  [Post 39701]

Skep tickle wrote:
Steersman wrote:... http://i46.tinypic.com/350maeb.jpg

Which is not at all true since Myers did not actually delete at least three posts from Skep Tickle /Skeptixx. And I informed you of that through a message on TBS and a post here plus a further message on TBS which I didn’t save but which included, I think, the required proof for those with limited skills in obtaining the “most trivial piece of information”. Not at all a case of “nit-picking trivia” to point out that Myers did not, in fact, “erase all traces of Skeptixx’s posts”. ...


I haven't been back to that thread since being banned, hadn't thought my posts were deleted, and now I'm a tad confused looking at the "Despise...feminism" thread at Pharyngula, which is said to have 1166 comments, but I'm only seeing #1001 on without a link to the older ones. (I think mine were in the 300's).

Not getting anything either w/ a search of "skeptixx" though a couple of people had used that 'nym in their post, while castigating me, including (come to think of it) PZ. But maybe their search function only searches the topic posts.


Do your own fucking work Steersman, you ass sucking parasite. As stated on TBS -

It’s not good enough to point out X is inadequate because of Y without actually getting up off your ass and supplying information and links to what Y is.


Somehow, you can find the time to screencap and link TBS, but you simply can't do the most rudimentary search anywhere else and instead demand people here do it for you - in this case, Skeptixx comments. Why not provide direct links? Why is that Steers? Surely a simple link is less work than a screencap and imgur upload link?

I'll tell you why. Because you are a professional derailer that tittilates himself by getting folks here to run around chasing shadows and doing all the work for you.

Why the whole 'pit doesn't have you set on "ignore" is beyond me.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm  •  [Post 39702]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Dan wrote:More baboon shit

Image


Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.


I have links http://t.co/rq0Cj5LL http://t.co/n6skRuMO their names are not familiar
User avatar
Dan
.
.
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:09 am
Location: Straya Cunts

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Hemisphere » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:03 pm  •  [Post 39703]

Tkmlac wrote:
Hemisphere wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Isn't a diagnosis of "Aspergers" about to be consumed into "Autism spectrum disorders" anyway?


That is indeed the way it looks right now. Once the DSM-5 is available then everyone will just have to say they've got 'mild autistic spectrum disorder'. Or perhaps pervasive-developmental-disorder-not-otherwise-specified (much more mysterious sounding) if their symptoms are a bit atypical.


You know, I work with developmentally disabled adults. Many of them are on the Autism spectrum AND have mild, moderate or severe mental retardation. The people I've met who don't have any mental retardation but are "on the spectrum" are indistinguishable from socially awkward assholes.


There isn't a whole lot to distinguish from just being a socially awkward introvert. Since it is typically fairly mild (and gets milder with age and education) I've always considered the most important criteria in the DSM-4 to be whether or not it cause significant impairments in important areas of function (e.g. social or occupational). But there isn't really any sure-fire way to diagnose the mild cases since research into genetic causes is in its infancy (last I checked they were suggesting that up to 12 different genes on several different chromosomes were involved). Brain scans are nice and all that but no GP is going to refer a socially awkward person to a neurologist just to confirm.
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise" - Voltaire
User avatar
Hemisphere
.
.
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm
Location: UK

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby CommanderTuvok » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:04 pm  •  [Post 39704]

Abbie:
2. Twatson, seeing as she only responds to trolls and not actual humans, still hasnt gotten around to explaining her Evolutionary Psychology abortion, but managed to find the time to insult a crude detractor on Twitter by calling them a virgin.


Gee, she like 14 years old or something. You would think, being a staunch feminist and a protector of women from harassment, she would actually value virginity. Since virginity is often lost because hormone-soddled boys chase after the girlz...

Funnilly enough, I imagine the A/S community has a higher percentage of virgins since it is packed full of nerds/Aspies, etc. Rebecca, being one of the popular jock-girls, probably can't recognise this notion. Why do I get the feeling Rebecca Watson was part of a bullying clique at school? I can imagine it very easily.
User avatar
CommanderTuvok
.
.
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 pm  •  [Post 39705]

Skep tickle wrote:
KacyRay wrote:...

I perused over to Greta's blog for the first time last night and attempted to strike up a conversation. I was banned almost immediately. Apparently the mere suggestion that a woman who is being gang-raped (or otherwise victimized) may find that she has choices to make - choices that might determine whether she lives or dies - and that some choices might be better than others in terms of survival strategy - was a capital offense. Instant ban. And I received a few "fuck you"s once I was banned from her peanut gallery. Classy bunch over there.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... rrendered/

I just now checked up on it, and it appears that one guy spoke up for the fact that I was asking a reasonable question, and Greta put him on "comment moderation" status. Then she proceeded to explain that she not only allows dissent but encourages it. ...

Wow. That's really something. And you were being so careful to preface your remarks, and to be clear in your communications.

Looks like you were banned in part due to your "vile behavior [sic] on other blogs" at FtB. (All bolding below added by me)

Rodney Nelson at Greta's blog wrote:
You’re saying it is incumbent upon the aggressor to devise a survival strategy for the victim?


Yes it is. The prospective rapist should decide not to rape the victim.

The is a culture endemic throughout the world that says rape is acceptable. This is called, oddly enough, the rape culture. If enough people work to make the rape culture socially unacceptable, then the number of rapes will decrease. Prospective rapists will know their behavior is unacceptable and will be less likely to rape.

So YOU have to do your part to devise a survival strategy for rape victims.

Incidentally, I’m having serious doubts as to whether or not you’re an honest interlocutor. Your reputation on other FTB blogs is, shall I say, less than sterling.


Greta Christina wrote:
Is there any room to question a woman’s behavior while she’s being raped in regards to survival strategy?
That person has a choice to make, don’t they? And that choice has implications. And that choice is subject to scrutiny…

kacyray @ #12: No. There is no reason to question a rape victim’s behavior in regards to their rape, or to subject it to scrutiny. Perseverating on this topic is a classic example of “Yes, but…” derailment, and is a way of trivializing the subject. And the fact that you think this is a valid question to be raising (in combination with your vile behavior in other blogs) has earned you a ban from this blog.


(No, no, no! "Scrutiny" is a bad thing. See how close it is to "scrotum"?)

Here's bushcat holding up your end of the "conversation" well after you'd been banned:
Oh yea, Jesse. Let’s not talk about survival strategies. It’s too uncomfortably pragmatic. Let’s be romantic and imagine we can put an end to rape, as we have to murder, burglary and fraud.


Here's part of Greta Christina's reply to bushcat:
...The whole point of this post was that examining a rape victim’s actions after their rape to question and scrutinize their choices and look at what they might have done better — as opposed to looking at how we can discourage and prevent potential rapists from committing rape — is reprehensible. ...

The question on the table is not, “Are there techniques that rape victims might employ to increase their chances of survival?” That may be the topic you want to discuss — but it is not the topic on the table. That would be an appropriate topic for another thread. On this thread, it is a classic example of exactly the kind of behavior that this post is condemning.

And riding roughshod over a blogger’s clearly stated comment policy, and blatantly disregarding her clearly stated wishes over what conversation topics in her blog are and are not appropriate and where, is what’s “not in keeping with free thought.” You have a right to express whatever views you like. You do not have the right to express them anywhere you like, at any time.

Normally at this point, I would be giving you one last chance to apologize and make amends. But today is supposed to be one of my very few days off from work, and I don’t want to have to spend all day monitoring the comments here to see if you’re still at it. So I’m putting you into comment moderation. Any further comments you make here will need to be approved by me before they get posted.


Riiiiiight. Anything that seems to question the righteousness of the blogger's topic post is "not in keeping with free thought". Good one, Greta. :doh:



Oh you hit Greta's rule 9. Me too, and I wasn't even vaguely rude or derailing.

It's Greta's way of banning people without having to have a real reason, but sans the inconvenience of having to suck it up and admit she's banning you solely for personal issues.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8190
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm  •  [Post 39706]

Dan wrote:More baboon shit

Image



I'd ask what the fuck is that even about, but aratina being the source...that's actually fairly coherent.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8190
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mr Danksworth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm  •  [Post 39707]

ERV wrote:2. Twatson, seeing as she only responds to trolls and not actual humans, still hasnt gotten around to explaining her Evolutionary Psychology abortion, but managed to find the time to insult a crude detractor on Twitter by calling them a virgin.

Its *weird* how focused Rebecca Watson is on S-E-X.

There is a long list of things I would call someone if I genuinely wanted to hurt their feelings. 'Virgin' isnt on that list. Not because it is SO OFFENSIVE but because its not even remotely offensive. We generally encourage young children to be virgins. In some cultures virgins are revered. Some people are very happy virgins by choice into adulthood, asexuals, aspies who do not fucking want to be touched, etc. Lots of lesbians these days live their entire lives without ever having hetero-sex and could, with a very specific definition, still be considered 'virgins'.

But 'virgin' is on the top of Watsons oh-so-enlightened list of insults for a poster she presumes is male, which she used to encourage traditional male stereotypes (HAVE LOTS OF SEXAH TIME OR U NO DOOOD!).

Rebecca Watson is so *WEIRD*.


Virgin is meant to be emasculating. It's the go to for insulting males in general. She also could have gone with
faggot, queer, pussy, cocksucker, or sissy.
"Go home, pineapple." Sara Mayhew.
User avatar
Mr Danksworth
.
.
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:30 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby welch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm  •  [Post 39708]

I would give much to read the mod - only forums on A+
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8190
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby somedumbguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:14 pm  •  [Post 39709]

User avatar
somedumbguy
.
.
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Spence » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:14 pm  •  [Post 39710]

Dan wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.


I have links http://t.co/rq0Cj5LL http://t.co/n6skRuMO their names are not familiar

I note from your second link that NonStampCollector suggested:
NonStampCollector on Youtube wrote:I'd recommend others do what I do with the whole A+/ feminism "drama": don't read anything to do with it. Problem solved.

Hmm. There were 36 matches for "NonStampCollector" in the comments of Al's video, of which just 3 were people using his name in their own comments; so NSC keeps out of the debate by posting no less than 33 comments on Al's video.

Not quite sticking to your own advice there, NSC.
inde vides agilem nocturnaque bella gerentem
Spence
.
.
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 am


Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm  •  [Post 39712]

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Dan wrote:More baboon shit

http://i.imgur.com/Gcqyk.png


Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.


It appears so:

Image

I'm getting a bit sick of the appropriation of the "slymepitter" label to mean "anyone who disagrees with us".
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby cunt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:20 pm  •  [Post 39713]

That A+ "hugs" thread was actually a spin off from another one about a congressional hearing regarding autism.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3089

The whole thing was all about how Autistics are an emergency, a burden, a tsunami, a crisis, the worst thing ever. Worse than polio, they said. No shit.

Why do they hate us so much?

Why do they hate us so much?

Why? why? why do they hate us so much?



Fucking hell and Sir Patrick Stewart, among other nerd heroes, is performing to benefit one of the hate groups who testified (autism speaks. Theyre a hate group. See: Autism Every Day, their first video. Or anything theyve said ever).

So much for being the one true capitain. Or diversity and shit. Facepalm all the fucking way home, asshat.


I found the vid.



These A+ pricks don't have autism, not like those kids do. There they are though, talking shit about organisations advocating general awareness of autism, increased funding for special ed. departments, more support and understanding for parents of autistic children... They're complaining that a congressional hearings was held to discuss how much the US government could actually do to help real people in a really difficult situation. Fucking infuriating bunch of useless wankers.
You are a bad person. You say horrible things and you should feel bad about yourself.
User avatar
cunt
TheMudbrooker's Bitch
 
Posts: 2739
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby ERV » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm  •  [Post 39714]

CommanderTuvok wrote:Funnilly enough, I imagine the A/S community has a higher percentage of virgins since it is packed full of nerds/Aspies, etc.

I was a total 'late bloomer'. I had shit to worry about with school/extracurriculars/sports, getting and keeping the best scholarships, getting into the schools I wanted-- Sex, in any form, was low on my priority list. I also found it hard to find people that I was intellectually and emotionally attracted to in the small farming town I grew up in, and then I went to college in a different small farming town.

I know a virologist who loves to recruit med students for this very reason-- When they get to medical school, theyre a bunch of inexperienced nerds from smaller towns, and many of them have managed to escape Mono. They get to medical school, finally meet people they are into/can use the 'med student' thing to their advantage/have some free time and free money, and then they get all slutty and get Mono. The virologist says theyre great for getting pre-/post-Mono-exposure antibody profiles! Its quite clever of him to target them.

So these med students, with all of their accomplishments, should be ashamed of their virgin status?

Maybe thats Watsons hook. She looks down on others virginity because losing hers is the only thing she has accomplished with her life.
User avatar
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm  •  [Post 39715]

Darren wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
Dan wrote:More baboon shit

http://i.imgur.com/Gcqyk.png


Was the NSC DMCA comment lifted from my YouTube channel comments? On my phone, atm, and combing through almost 600 comments isn't on my list of things I want to do.


It appears so:

Image

I'm getting a bit sick of the appropriation of the "slymepitter" label to mean "anyone who disagrees with us".

As someone pointed out, though, there's no reason for anyone who disagrees with the FfTards NOT to register here for fear of being labeled a Pitter.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4723
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: didymos, Google [Bot], Hunt and 7 guests