Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Al Stefanelli

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Al Stefanelli »

UnbelieveSteve wrote::angry-tappingfoot: Right'o people.
My previous lurking account imploded when i changed some settings :violin: , shortly before i spat at the monitor and punched the neighbour's cat just for laughs.
So here i am. New and improved.

I've read all 788 pages so i'm up to speed. Thanks for asking.

So, consider this my first post to the pit and a big hello.
A good chunk of you nutbags i know on twitter, so to those people i will politely give the middle finger and say "g'day".

Okay. nuff said.
Heya, Steve! Welcome to the pit!

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:Welcome, dougal445! Jump right in and join the mayhem.
Likewise welcome. Don't be put off by the Eucliwood kerfuffle. Extraordinary dimwits evoke extraordinary responses. That thing is pretty much one of a kind.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Eucliwood wrote:Whoa, okay... I hate this Joe guys A+ logo, but he's almost got me in tears of joy with the second post of his I read. I'll be very disappointed if I find any femtheist posts in there...

But so far this guy is pretty okay. I wouldn't mind being in the same room with him. Maybe he's one of the "innocent" A+-aligned people??
I'm pretty sure he has a bog post defending Penny Arcade.

He is not going to fit in.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

dougal445 wrote:Hello all! Slymepitters great & low.
Aware of the annoyance created by some newcomers here i shall <edit - try > keep this brief.
1st thankyou Lsuoma for correcting my incompetence.
I was pleased to discover FTB several months ago as an orgqnised collective that voiced many of my views, however became increasingly uncomfortable with what i saw going on. Thunderf00t then Richard Carrier / A+ was the last straw. I will not give them my ad views now.
The latest from thunder seems to have some momentum (wishfull thinking perhaps) really interested to see what comes of it. Hopefully something will break.
Everybody here have played a great part in countering the menace that is FTB etc (although i may disagree with some tactics, tho I suppose it takes a multi pronged approach) keep up the good work.
Welcome to the pit, Dougal!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

SkepticalCat wrote:
franc wrote:
Jesus. The loser even has his own "dungeon" -

http://preliatorcausa.blogspot.com/p/the-dungeon.html
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 631882.jpg
HAHAHAHAHA.... gold..

No, Joe, you can't has girlfriend, you can't ever has girlfriend. The femtheists don't count as girlfriends. If you ever date them, they're just Keepers or Mistresses.If you ever marry one, (Sick! Unforgiveable!)the marriage just won't count.

Because I've made marriages to femtheists invalid and void. Ms. Myers marriage to PZ Myers is void, for example. I do not consider her married to anyone, so she's MS. Myers. I also do not consider PZ to have a wife. He simply has one unlucky lass living with him (do they live together?).

I also want to revoke PZ Myers scientist status.

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote: I used to ignore this shit, but I can see why Astro, James, and Andrew go off sometimes. This claim is pretty much bullshit.

Feel free to show otherwise.
To show what, that the MRAs' do propaganda, here? And you ask that in a post that mentions ASTRO? ROTFL
Fire away with examples of bullshit dissemination whenever you're ready. :whistle:
Jack, I don't have the time or the inclination to engage in serious refutation of the MRA package, or even of a tenth of the bullshit that has been said here.
However, I will gladly mention a couple of things, hoping that fence-sitters will do their own fact-checking and see for themselves why it isn't worth to follow you down that road.

First of all, propaganda and bullshit dissemination aren't perfect synonymous.
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.
In the light of the above, consider that Andrew has just openly admitted to a personal recruitment campaign.

Astro, a few pages back, was celebrity-mongering on account of Chaplin's alleged involvement with the MRA. This by itself is as impressive a move as promoting Scientology through Cruise's membership and constitutes a typical propaganda tactic. Chaplin and Cruise are actors, not public intellectuals, so who the fuck cares what they think.

At the same time, we were being loudly assured that MRA really stands for egalitarianism. Does it?

I went to check Chaplin's actual involvement. Apparently he sent a message of support to an MRA group, whose leader claimed that Chaplin was scheduled to speak at one of their meetings. This was reported on a newspaper, but I couldn't find any evidence that he ever showed up, though.
Let's assume he did all these things, of which Astro is clearly very proud.

And here is what that MRA group stood for, in their own words:
“Charlie Chaplin is one of our most ardent supporters abroad” Herr Kornblueh declared, “and since his divorce, he has written to us assuring our organization of his sympathy and emphasizing the necessity of a world wide movement for the emancipation of the oppressed husbands.

“The tyranny of modern women, who demand all rights and refuse all duties, who are marrying men only to lead a careless, workless and childless life, or to obtain a divorce and a lifelong alimony, this shameful tyranny is the underlying cause of all evils.

“Look at the insane asylum Steinhof in Vienna. Fifty percent of the unfortunate inmates were brought to this place because of their marriage.’’

The congress passed a resolution demanding the abolishment of alimonies find other unequal pacts between the two sexes, and protesting against the favoritism of the authorities in favor of women, especially the siding of the police with the wives whenever a domestic quarrel develops.

The Justitia is the first organization in the world fighting for the “emancipation of men,” and makes its appeal to all those “in revolt against the oppression of the female sex.” Only the freedom of men can prevent the white race from decline and ruin, declares one of the organizations proclamations.

“The only trouble is,” confessed Kornblueh, “there are few courageous men. Husbands are too cowardly, while bachelors are perhaps too willing to join our organization.”
Some egalitarians, there.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Joe McKen:
As some of you may be aware (and not just because I mentioned it in last night’s Daily Blend), atheist journalist/activist Al Stefanelli recently made a video wherein he launched a veritable Gish Gallop’s worth of attacks and smears against several writers involved with Freethought Blogs (where he briefly resided)............. I was content to link to Ed Brayton’s excellent debunking and leave it at that (I found his comparison to the rhetoric from religious-Right cranks particularly fitting).
Joe is obviously using the Baboon definition of "debunking", the same "debunking" that Black Svan and PZ came up to counter Ed Clint's critique of Queen Bee's anti-evo psych talk. :lol:

What a fucking clown Joe McKen is.
Oh boy, he also uses "wherein" as well as "nary". Pretentious twat. Death's too good for him*.

(*Note: this is a joke.)

franc

Post by franc »

decius wrote:Jack, I don't have the time or the inclination to engage in serious refutation of the MRA package, or even of a tenth of the bullshit that has been said here.
Sorry, but this is kinda obligatory -

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 056349.jpg

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:About Joé McKen (Bio I found on-line). He does not hide himself at all on-line. :doh:

"My name is Joé McKen, though I'm usually known around the Web as Bumdark. I was born on December 29, 1991, in the heart of frigid Québec, Canada (meaning I'm currently 17 years old). I've moved a considerable amount of times already (over 14 at last count), ranging from Québec to Texas ('96–'01). I don't suppose my heart ever really left the Lone Star State, considering what a shithole this place is here ... but I digress. I'm currently out of High School and am slowly but surely pursuing my nascent music composition career. (And you may stress "slowly".) I basically live alone by myself in my room most of my days, but that's out of choice, not necessity – general people irk me. I don't trust strangers for crap. But I suppose my double-jackpot of mild Asperger's and mild Tourette's may count for that in some way or another. =( (Seriously, two rare neurological disorders at once ... someone up there doesn't like me, do they?) And so, deprived of any creative outlets, I originally created this blog to post my random thoughts and opinions on anything and anything that interests me, from current events to debates and social issues, to whatever. If anything, this blog is more of a personal journal than an actual web log in itself, so that one day perhaps I can look back and see how far I've come (if I've evolved). And so dear readers, I hope you'll forgive me if you find me to be particularly abrasive or trenchant in my posts, and especially my replies to people who just reek of stupidity or intolerable close-mindedness. My "defiance" is only as "respectful" as my patience and/or current mood allows me to be. ;) (Emotions are overrated.) You can check out my profile at IMDb.com for some "Top-10"-style favorites lists concerning various media and topics, and to check out my history there. Or whatever you feel like doing."

Welp, that explains a lot...
Only TWO neurological disorders? TWO?? Fucker needs to check his privilege...

Spence

Post by Spence »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Only TWO neurological disorders? TWO?? Fucker needs to check his privilege...
He also describes mild Aspergers as "rare". Hmm. Not so rare, in fact, and even less rare when it occurs as part of self-diagnosed narcissistic victimhood (which I don't know is the case for sure, but I would take good odds on in this instance)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Eucliwood wrote:Because I've made marriages to femtheists invalid and void. Ms. Myers marriage to PZ Myers is void, for example. I do not consider her married to anyone, so she's MS. Myers. I also do not consider PZ to have a wife. He simply has one unlucky lass living with him (do they live together?).

I also want to revoke PZ Myers scientist status.
You don't get to revoke or invalidate anyone's marital status or job status. Who the fuck do you think you are? Maybe you are just trying too hard to fit in here, and you think that if you say anything against Myers, we'll all embrace you as our new best friend.

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

Thankyou Al' I hope more like you, especialy Aron, nonstamp and zomg, speak out from the other place.
Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
Thankyou franc. It seems A+ are after some new mods, judging by your takedown of Eucliwood, i reckon you are exactly what they are looking for to handle some of their more fragile snowflakes.
I hope i havn't left anybody out?
Now in a continued demonstration of my incompetence i have xmas pressies to buy (dont ask).

dougal445

Post by dougal445 »

Thankyou Al' I hope more like you, especialy Aron, nonstamp and zomg, speak out from the other place.
Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
Thankyou franc. It seems A+ are after some new mods, judging by your takedown of Eucliwood, i reckon you are exactly what they are looking for to handle some of their more fragile snowflakes.
I hope i havn't left anybody out?
Now in a continued demonstration of my incompetence i have xmas pressies to buy (dont ask).

decius

Post by decius »

Oh, Jack, I almost forgot.

A few months ago you made a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape.

I did check also that. All stats indicate the opposite being true. In most western democracies, the majority of reports don't even make it to court; police and prosecutors are well aware of the likelihood of false accusation and alleged rape victims are thoroughly investigated; conviction rate for rape are on average lower than for other violent crimes.

It is true that in past decades, it was more difficult for rape victim to obtain justice. Corrective steps have been taken and this has led to an increased number of wrongful convictions. But the large picture is not the one painted by the MRA, and by you in particular.

But by omitting to present the wider picture and offering only your skewed view, you have in fact engaged in another propaganda tactic, which is the creation of moral panic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

dougal445 wrote: Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
No, but I put it there as a tribute to Al when he arrived here in all his glory fresh from his stay at FreethoughtBlogs.

Now Mykeru, he's a low-down dirty rotten fucking thief.

http://i.imgur.com/RPgwe.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

http://i.imgur.com/CV1OP.jpg

Here, let me fix that for you, Jen...

http://i.imgur.com/DRwt5.jpg

What a difference one pixel makes.

welch

Post by welch »

F X wrote:There are some sick fucking people using this forum.
Jo-ay, does your mom know you're here ?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gumby wrote:
dougal445 wrote: Thankyou Gumby, nice hat.did you steal it from Al'?
No, but I put it there as a tribute to Al when he arrived here in all his glory fresh from his stay at FreethoughtBlogs.

Now Mykeru, he's a low-down dirty rotten fucking thief.

http://i.imgur.com/RPgwe.jpg
They're styling, and probably racist. Everyone should have one:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494/8325 ... cbac_o.jpg

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote: I used to ignore this shit, but I can see why Astro, James, and Andrew go off sometimes. This claim is pretty much bullshit.

Feel free to show otherwise.
To show what, that the MRAs' do propaganda, here? And you ask that in a post that mentions ASTRO? ROTFL
Fire away with examples of bullshit dissemination whenever you're ready. :whistle:
Jack, I don't have the time or the inclination to engage in serious refutation of the MRA package, or even of a tenth of the bullshit that has been said here.
You made the assertion. Excuse me for asking for examples. :roll:
However, I will gladly mention a couple of things, hoping that fence-sitters will do their own fact-checking and see for themselves why it isn't worth to follow you down that road.

First of all, propaganda and bullshit dissemination aren't perfect synonymous.
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.
In the light of the above, consider that Andrew has just openly admitted to a personal recruitment campaign.
You mean where he essentially said he doesn't give a fuck? Talking about something and leaving it up to people to look for more sure does sound like a winning recruiting strategy! If Andrew was a Marine Corps recruiter and he took that as his strategy, he would be getting his ass kicked by every superior up the chain of command. :lol: Are you a dumbass, or do you just play one on the internet?
Astro, a few pages back, was celebrity-mongering on account of Chaplin's alleged involvement with the MRA.
You mean when he brought him up following a statement about the MRM's long history? Who knows. Maybe it really is all about perspective. I read it and thought "Really? Chaplin? Hm. Weird..." You read it and thought....well. There it is quoted above and below. *Insert arm-chair psychology diagnosing of your mental issues, for entertainment purposes only, of course* :whistle:
This by itself is as impressive a move as promoting Scientology through Cruise's membership and constitutes a typical propaganda tactic. Chaplin and Cruise are actors, not public intellectuals, so who the fuck cares what they think.

At the same time, we were being loudly assured that MRA really stands for egalitarianism. Does it?
No, we were not. I saw a few Pitters claiming they were both. Personally, I don't identify as egalitarian because there is some ambiguity about how it is actually defined.
I went to check Chaplin's actual involvement.
Good for you. Just like I told somedumbguy about AVfM, I don't take marching orders from anyone. Got any urge for it out of my system while playing Marine several years back. I really don't give a fuck about what celebrity is or isn't involved in whatever I'm interested in. If they have some idea I like, I will take it and I will use it. I might even reference their name if they are well known and it makes it easy to understand where I sand on a particular issue.This does not bind me to every single thing they've ever said or done. If I reference Hitch when speaking about free speech, it doesn't bind me to every other fucking thing he's ever said about every other subject. If you want to pretend it does, be my guest while I laugh at you.

Chaplin, who was apparently an MRA, said some things you disapprove of? Go call mom and tell her all about.

Gosh! You're so cute! :)

welch

Post by welch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:How do you punish a blind kid?

Move the furniture.
Put them in a room with stucco walls.

Put them in a round room and tell them the toilet's in the corner

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Skep tickle wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:An update on my guy (ignore if you could not give a shit :)) - surgery has been scheduled for January 25th. I really love how they freak us out then we get to wait nearly 2 months before finding out more. Anyway, he's going to have the 3-4 cm lump on the side of his neck removed and looked at immediately for malignancy. I'm not completely certain but I believe based on this, they'll then put a camera down the back of his throat to look at an "anomaly". He's been told he will be in the hospital for 2-3 days and he's already attempting to buck that. I told him I would tell the nurses and doctors on him if he didn't comply. He's not happy about that.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled mayhem!
Renee, thanks for the update. That's a while to wait - how nerve-wracking!

Has he had a CT scan of his neck? And do you know how this "anomaly" in the back of his throat was found, and anything more about it?
Yes, he had a CT scan done a few weeks back. He had an allergic reaction to the contrast and had to have atropine injected - fun stuff. Anyway, they saw the anomaly at the back of the throat then. They've no clue what it is. So, they'll be checking it out at the end of next month.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Renée: all the best for your guy. Fingers crossed and all...

papillon

Post by papillon »

Gumby wrote:http://i.imgur.com/CV1OP.jpg

Here, let me fix that for you, Jen...

http://i.imgur.com/DRwt5.jpg

What a difference one pixel makes.
:) lol - She's on that racist kick again
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... a9d0f6.jpg

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Oh, Jack, I almost forgot.

A few months ago you made a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape.
Care to quote me on any of those? Your statement here is extremely vague, possibly purposely so.
I did check also that. All stats indicate the opposite being true.
Please show some fucking courtesy and first show what it is that you are supposedly refuting. I'd like to know what in specific you're talking about that I reportedly said. I'll bother reading the rest of this and responding when you do. Thanks in advance! ;)

decius

Post by decius »

Jack, from your incoherent word salad, the only relevant piece of information is that you are not an egalitarian. So, why don't you correct your fellows when they claim that the MRM stands for egalitarianism, a point they make rather forcefully? If it did, you and others won't be feeling so much at home, there.

I understand that there are several flavours of it, but to suggest that the movement absolutely stands for egalitarianism, is simply misleading.

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote:

Care to quote me on any of those? Your statement here is extremely vague, possibly purposely so.
Please show some fucking courtesy and first show what it is that you are supposedly refuting. I'd like to know what in specific you're talking about that I reportedly said. I'll bother reading the rest of this and responding when you do. Thanks in advance! ;)
How disingenuous of you. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 83a86d.jpg

:happy-partydance: :laughing-rolling:
How can so much wrong be crammed into such a tiny sentence?
Beats me. I keep thinking "stop going to those clubs?"

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

A friend of mine on Facebook posted this utter bullshit. This is the same friend I realized got all of their rahrah material from FtB. I could just cry with disappointment. He seems smarter than this.

http://jezebel.com/5967923/fuck-you-mras

My response to his posting this shit:

"Fuck you, first of all, for making it nearly impossible for decent men struggling with abusive partners or unfair custody arrangements to get the help they need and deserve."

Oh the IRONY. Umm... that's part of what they root for. I'm pretty sure the ones that are making it hard are people that automatically label anyone who wants these things as participating in the horseshit.

Even if they don't go by the label "men's rights activist".

I have suggested that people go by humanist or egalitarian labels but even then they risk being lumped in with the misogynistic quarter of MRA.

Translation?

"Fuck you, misogynists, for making it hard for decent men to support or seek out help partly due to the ignorant fuckwits that lump everyone who supports such things in with the misogynists. It's YOUR fault. We don't control our rushed, stereotypical generalizations"

And this was posted by someone who mocked the very idea that there are any men's issues, with "boohoo, poor men/men's issues" or whatever the hell you said. something anti-equalist like that.
2 minutes ago · Like

decius

Post by decius »

JackRayner wrote:

How disingenuous of you. Unless you suffer from Alzheimer, you know perfectly well what I'm referring to.

Not waste any more time on you, Jack. Thanks for playing.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

welch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 83a86d.jpg

:happy-partydance: :laughing-rolling:
How can so much wrong be crammed into such a tiny sentence?
Beats me. I keep thinking "stop going to those clubs?"
How the fuck does a song degrade you? Lemme guess...it's talking about how hot women are? Or it's a song about sex?

I doubt the singers want YOU. Bitch, please.

Furthermore... Lemme guess... you have no complaints about the songs sung by women about men's hot bodies or other sexually charged songs like that?

Clearly a sexist observation.

Nevermore... the day that you wake up and these songs don't exist.

Get over it.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Jack, from your incoherent word salad, the only relevant piece of information is that you are not an egalitarian.
Actually, Decius, dear, sweetheart, cup-fucking-cake; what I said was that I don't identify as egalitarian because I don't think it is well defined.

I don't know what egalitarianism is, therefore I don't adopt the label =/= I am not an egalitarian, with egalitarian fitting some definition that you accept. Nice try, asshole.
So, why don't you correct your fellows when they claim that the MRM stands for egalitarianism, a point they make rather forcefully? If it did, you and others won't be feeling so much at home, there. I understand that there are several flavours of it, but to suggest that the movement absolutely stands for egalitarianism, is simply misleading.
[/quote]

Read above.

[Seriously though, what's your fucking problem?]

welch

Post by welch »

rayshul wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Badger3k wrote: Crommunist said that there has been a new round of admissions for ftb (poor people, hope they know the cesspool they are joining), and he mentions that he has had a hand in the process. Maybe Halffish is going to be joining them full time? Just think of the fun we'll have!
We can but hope.
Halffish, Josh Spokesgay, Nerd of Redhead, Anthony K...who else? (I would guess Oolon, but probably not if PZ had a say in it.)
Question, with lulzy potential - why doesn't the slimepit field a candidate?
Not that Brayton or PZ would allow it, but why?

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

How disingenuous of you. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about.
No, I don't.

Thanks for playing mindreader. You failed, but here is your consolation prize:

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:Jack, from your incoherent word salad, the only relevant piece of information is that you are not an egalitarian.
Actually, Decius, dear, sweetheart, cup-fucking-cake; what I said was that I don't identify as egalitarian because I don't think it is well defined.

I don't know what egalitarianism is, therefore I don't adopt the label =/= I am not an egalitarian, with egalitarian fitting some definition that you accept. Nice try, asshole.
So, why don't you correct your fellows when they claim that the MRM stands for egalitarianism, a point they make rather forcefully? If it did, you and others won't be feeling so much at home, there. I understand that there are several flavours of it, but to suggest that the movement absolutely stands for egalitarianism, is simply misleading.
Read above.

[Seriously though, what's your fucking problem?][/quote]

Is decius anti-men's rights? I don't even want to look at his or her posts themselves to find out. I've just had a dose of "all MRAs are misogynists" today... and the person administering it had the nerve to blame THEM for men's issues (abuse, etc) being ignored. The fuck?

decius, bottom line is the MRM varies. There are plenty of bad apples in it but they don't stand for the MRM in general...so no one should automatically judge someone for looking at men's issues. Anyone who does is clearly anti-equal rights.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Remind me what planet these knobs live on so we can virus-bomb it.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/27619296/ ... _large.jpg

I don't even know where to begin.
I want proof anyone besides parents, doctors and his hand has ever seen his penis.

Actually, I want proof of a penis.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:

Is decius anti-men's rights? I don't even want to look at his or her posts themselves to find out. I've just had a dose of "all MRAs are misogynists" today... and the person administering it had the nerve to blame THEM for men's issues (abuse, etc) being ignored. The fuck?

decius, bottom line is the MRM varies. There are plenty of bad apples in it but they don't stand for the MRM in general...so no one should automatically judge someone for looking at men's issues. Anyone who does is clearly anti-equal rights.

My position is broadly outlined here. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73&p=41542#p41542

The missing relevant information is that I'm an egalitarian and very much blind to gender, race and nationality.

I have issues only with ideologues and obfuscators. So, no worries, I have no problem to agree to disagree with rational people of different persuasions.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Eucliwood wrote:Dear...franc...

Using only yourself as a comparison as if everyone that's posted more than you by your time frame (basically, your posting rate) is a bit arrogant, franc. I notice that the exact number of posts, rather than a complaint about what you observe without going to check statistics, is the main thing here. If there was nothing to show you my amount of posts, what would you say? "Hey, Eucliwood, you're spamming Xthread, there are so many of your posts in a row compared to other posts on the page"? Because that's not what's happening, and as long as that's not happening, I don't see the issue.

As for the preview button, I don't know how many times I said it does nothing to fix the issue. I don't remember complaining that typos were the issue. Since you missed what the actual issue was, see my signature. I've already figured out a solution without your help.

I seem to get you really riled up. I suggest ignoring me, because every post you read of mine seems to irritate you a lot. I can't change the past, but I can improve the future, and I already have, by opening a new tab and refreshing to watch for new posts before I post so that I don't end up going "Oh, another thing I want to reply to!"
Searching the days posts to reply to everything that was said hours ago (and in individual posts, *ahem*. Hypocritical++) is what YOU did...and you ended up beating a dead horse.

As for the other members since I've joined, I lurk at some forums too. Take JREF, the most recent forum I've joined that I lurk on. Well, I don't regularly read the forums I'm lurking on, but yeah.

Dear...cunt...

Thank you for the consideration, but I'm not sure what a dog pile is. It's that thing in dominoes, right? I know that much.

Dear...Gefan...

I want to ask you, what is Simple Flower?

Dear...Reap...

I find it ironic that you tell me to "lurk moar" (An A+ move, btw) to figure out "how things work" around here and then tell me not to try so hard to fit in. These are conflicting messages. Unless that was sarcasm. Hm. Excuse my stupidity if it was. Either way, I will take the latter advice and continue not trying very hard at all to "fit in." I believe everyone being up front about what they're like is better.

As for input, I'm not sure what input you're talking about. I really hope you aren't attempting to bring up the stuff that was already put to death a while ago. If not, I have no idea what you mean. Clarify? :hand:

You also might want to look up the definition of internet troll. One can't be a troll without deliberately trolling.

You also might want to consider using more commas, because reading that all at once sounded sort of like a funny run on traffic jam of a post.
Mykeru? May I please borrow your ice pick?

decius

Post by decius »

Here's your quote, Jack. There's much more of this rape tripe interspersed in your post. Have fun looking for yourself

You're joking, right? Only a ton of money (which privileged old me must be forgetting to go pick up at the bank since I have a dick and they'd hand it over with a smile) and no national media attention would ensure that I got a fair trial. (Or maybe just a dissolution of "rape shield", or a new version that covers both the accuser and the accused.) Don't know how things work where you might be from, but the courts in my country have very different standards when dealing with rape. How else does a father end up in jail for 9 years on nothing but a fib by his disgruntled daughter? That powerful ally, the law! Okay....

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Oh dear, I'm never gonna catch up. Anyone up for Skype around now?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh dear, I'm never gonna catch up. Anyone up for Skype around now?
One of these days I'll set up a Skype account. These calls sound like fun. Plus, I want to hear your sexy French accent.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

What's your skype

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Za-zen wrote:What's your skype
Take a guess...

(hint, I've given it here like 2 times, which is as far as I can go to typing philippe.giordana. Yeah, I'm that lazy)

TL;DR: philippe.giordana

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

welch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Remind me what planet these knobs live on so we can virus-bomb it.

I want proof anyone besides parents, doctors and his hand has ever seen his penis.

No, you don't.

welch

Post by welch »

Gefan wrote:
welch wrote:

No, you don't.
You're probably right. Look at what happened to all the hobos who believed he only wanted to give them a warm meal and a place to rest.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

I did check also that. All stats indicate the opposite being true. In most western democracies, the majority of reports don't even make it to court; police and prosecutors are well aware of the likelihood of false accusation and alleged rape victims are thoroughly investigated; conviction rate for rape are on average lower than for other violent crimes.

It is true that in past decades, it was more difficult for rape victim to obtain justice. Corrective steps have been taken and this has led to an increased number of wrongful convictions. But the large picture is not the one painted by the MRA, and by you in particular.

But by omitting to present the wider picture and offering only your skewed view, you have in fact engaged in another propaganda tactic, which is the creation of moral panic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic
Doing your own research is good, as we saw yesterday with PZ and the gravity lamp, many baboons, and many people do not do their own research when they should.

But doing your own research is often not enough. If you walked through a forest and weren't a biologist you might miss 95% of the life in that forest and thing a forest consists of trees and maybe a few birds and slugs.

If you are interested in learning more about false accusations and the general issues of father's rights and some men's rights, I encourage you to place 1) Community of the Wrongly Accused 2) Fathers & Families 3) Save Services (Stop Abusive and Violent Environments) 4) Barbara Kay (http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/author/bkaynp/) on your feed readers.

Read these folks for a month. It may help shed some light into the issues that you aren't aware enough about to even be aware of.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

This is the latest horrific image to upset Black Svan!

http://i.imgur.com/UqdW4.jpg

Yes, far worse than jokes about liking men like their coffee - ground up and kept in the fridge!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

CommanderTuvok wrote:This is the latest horrific image to upset Black Svan!

http://i.imgur.com/UqdW4.jpg

Yes, far worse than jokes about liking men like their coffee - ground up and kept in the fridge!
Fucking hypocrites. A funny Wizard of Oz joke, vs mutilation/cannibalism statement. Stay classy, StaphInfection. Don't ever call Reed out on her violent joke, but freak out over a joke about shoes. In fact let's just deny that shoes are 'more of a gal thing', and despite the fact that women often collect shoes and are more into 'fashion accessories than men are. Steffy always turns a neutral-biased factual 'is', into a sexist 'ought'.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

We now have an official unofficial back channel where we can all be sexists in private instead of displaying it to the world on the pyt

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

decius wrote:Here's your quote, Jack. There's much more of this rape tripe interspersed in your post. Have fun looking for yourself

You're joking, right? Only a ton of money (which privileged old me must be forgetting to go pick up at the bank since I have a dick and they'd hand it over with a smile) and no national media attention would ensure that I got a fair trial. (Or maybe just a dissolution of "rape shield", or a new version that covers both the accuser and the accused.) Don't know how things work where you might be from, but the courts in my country have very different standards when dealing with rape. How else does a father end up in jail for 9 years on nothing but a fib by his disgruntled daughter? That powerful ally, the law! Okay....
I stand behind what I said. Here is the rest of it, for anyone interested. [If any of you suck at reading as much as Decius is pretending he does in his attempt to pin some bullshit I never said onto me, ask and I will try to guide you to what it was I meant. ;) ]

Now, what I fail to see is how that has much to do with "a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape."

I stated that those accused of rape, because of the very way the system is set up, do not get fair trials. [Or, if you would prefer, get trials less fair than those accused of any other crime.] I see no talk of "likelihood". I don't know the numbers, and none of us ever will, I suspsect, so it would be pretty foolish of me to speak about the likelyhood of the innocent being convicted. It happens, that much I know, and that much you will fucking concede.

sacha

Post by sacha »

somedumbguy wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Futrelle wrote:Men’s Rights Redditor warns men: “Be careful with your sperm. Your very freedom is at stake.”
Did you read the reddit message?

What did this crazy person say, except

1) The actual truth about child support orders, even those that occur under fraudulent conditions
2) Child support for an unwanted child will cost you $90K over 18 years?

Isn't what he says, guard your sperm, identical to what we tell men everyday, use a condom, think about whether you want kids or not?

Isn't what he says, exactly why women want abortion rights -- I am not prepared for the financial requirements of being a parent. I don't want to be a parent?

You read it with Futrelle's framing, and yeah, because you're an asshole you accept this man must be a misogynist jerk, Futrelle says so! But it's identical to the message we give everyday to every person that engages in sex. Use caution. Kids are expensive. You don't want an unplanned child.

Huffington Post September 2012: Despite the availability of contraception, over two in five women that don't want to get pregnant in the United States forgo any form of protection during sex, says a new survey, possibly because they misjudge how likely they are to get pregnant.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/2 ... 04802.html

Instead of using bullshit, fallacious, blaming name calling tactics, why don't you address the real issue and respond what is wrong with the information this guy was giving, and what is wrong with men discussing it?

Why is it anathema to you for men to discuss the financial implications of their reproductive choices?

http://i.imgur.com/bVAkr.jpg

Why is it okay for women to discuss whether men lie about cheating, whether men lie about being able to pay child support, whether men would lie about all sorts of stuff, but it's not okay for men to discuss if women might lie about being on birth control?

Why are there so many studies and magazine articles about lying, but it's verboten to suggest women might lie about birth control?

Why do you take David Futrelle's framing at face value? How come you are not skeptical about that?

Cafe Mom isn't scared to talk about it:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/136 ... _ok_to_lie

Huffington Post / Black Voices is not afraid to talk about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/1 ... 34782.html

Circle of Moms is not afraid to talk about it:

http://www.circleofmoms.com/welcome-to- ... d-527363#_

The Journal of Medical Ethics is not afraid to talk about it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2598159/

But Steersman, you, David Futrelle, and PZ Myers insist that for a man to discuss this is misogyny.
well done, somedumbguy (irony overload with that nym and this comment). I was going to jump in there, but you clearly have it sorted.

sacha

Post by sacha »

UnbelieveSteve wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Welcome, Steve. You read all 788 pages? WTF? Are you a masochist? lol

I shall extend ERV's usual greeting. You should already know what it is, since you read the whole Slyme Pit....

"Would you like a Mountain Dew or Crab Juice?"

Took me about 17 hours straight.
Diet Coke thanks.
Even if you skimmed every page, I would go fetch that diet coke for you.

Impress me again and I'll be in the kitchen making you a sarnie.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:About Joé McKen (Bio I found on-line). He does not hide himself at all on-line. :doh:

"My name is Joé McKen, though I'm usually known around the Web as Bumdark. I was born on December 29, 1991, in the heart of frigid Québec, Canada (meaning I'm currently 17 years old). I've moved a considerable amount of times already (over 14 at last count), ranging from Québec to Texas ('96–'01). I don't suppose my heart ever really left the Lone Star State, considering what a shithole this place is here ... but I digress. I'm currently out of High School and am slowly but surely pursuing my nascent music composition career. (And you may stress "slowly".) I basically live alone by myself in my room most of my days, but that's out of choice, not necessity – general people irk me. I don't trust strangers for crap. But I suppose my double-jackpot of mild Asperger's and mild Tourette's may count for that in some way or another. =( (Seriously, two rare neurological disorders at once ... someone up there doesn't like me, do they?) And so, deprived of any creative outlets, I originally created this blog to post my random thoughts and opinions on anything and anything that interests me, from current events to debates and social issues, to whatever. If anything, this blog is more of a personal journal than an actual web log in itself, so that one day perhaps I can look back and see how far I've come (if I've evolved). And so dear readers, I hope you'll forgive me if you find me to be particularly abrasive or trenchant in my posts, and especially my replies to people who just reek of stupidity or intolerable close-mindedness. My "defiance" is only as "respectful" as my patience and/or current mood allows me to be. ;) (Emotions are overrated.) You can check out my profile at IMDb.com for some "Top-10"-style favorites lists concerning various media and topics, and to check out my history there. Or whatever you feel like doing."

Whining kid he's no aspie but using it as an excuse. http://isnt.autistics.org

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Decius,

Here's an interesting study you can do, all of it online from your computer.

1) Determine the chance a woman in college will be raped. (Google it)
2) Locate your nearest large university (state, private, ...)
3) Determine the websites of their campus newspapers, the local regional newspaper, the "nearest large national" newspaper
4) Determine the number of female students that would be residents on campus, or live in the local community
5) Determine the number of rapes that must be occurring each day, each week, each month to these women
6) Determine the number of rapes expected to be reported from the number above

7) Using Google, count all the articles in the various relevant newspapers (as determined above) about those rapes

8) Determine how well number of expected rapes and expected reported rapes corresponds to number of rapes reported in the newspaper

9) Explain any discrepancies, that is, if you find a large difference in number of expected rapes to number of reported rapes, explain those differences

10) For Real Life bonus points, feel free to call campus security, the local police department, the womens center, and the various local newspapers to establish a) how many rapes are reported to them, and b) why the newspapers themselves are either not reporting all of the rapes or having special issues about rapes

The local state university near me as 50,000 students now, about 1/2 live on campus or nearby, the chance a female student will be raped during college is 1 in 4, the chance that rape occurs this year is 1 in 4, or on a continuing basis there will be 1,562 rapes of students at the nearby state school every year, or 4 rapes per day. (There are actually predicted to be 3124 rapes for those 50,000 students, but 1/2 are of students not living on or nearby campus, so I threw those out.)

Assuming 95% of rapes are not reported, that means that 78 rapes will be reported each year.

Last time I searched the campus newspaper and the local/state/regional newspapers for rapes that occur in the city this school is located in, I couldn't find more than ONE rape reported in a several year period that was linked to a student on campus.

So clearly, for my local state school, there is a huge discrepancy between expected rapes, expected reported rapes and newspaper reported rapes.

So why aren't the student newspapers, the local newspapers, the regional papers reporting on the 4 rapes that occur each day? Are all of them non-reported? Are all of them date rapes that don't get reported? Are all of them guy fucks girl so drunk it's rape not reported?

Are all of these papers suppressing the actual reports?

Try that experiment yourself.

If you find a similar discrepancy, call up the campus police and ask them how many rapes were reported in the past month or school year. Then call up the newspapers and ask why they aren't reporting on this quite literal rape epidemic, this war against women.

Here is an article I just found from worldoncampus.com. They are almost certainly an evangelical organization with an enormous religious agenda, so read what is written here with as much salt as you wish. But this article, does contain some enlightening information: http://www.worldoncampus.com/2012/11/th ... sk_of_rape

Here's an article from 2008 that's another take on this experiment: http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_1_campus_rape.html

So Decius, do this for your own local large school and tell me what numbers you get. Because it could be that where I live it's an anomaly because our various local papers really and truly are abysmal.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JackRayner wrote:
decius wrote:Here's your quote, Jack. There's much more of this rape tripe interspersed in your post. Have fun looking for yourself

I stand behind what I said. Here is the rest of it, for anyone interested. [If any of you suck at reading as much as Decius is pretending he does in his attempt to pin some bullshit I never said onto me, ask and I will try to guide you to what it was I meant. ;) ]

Now, what I fail to see is how that has much to do with "a variety of claims about the likelihood for an innocent man of being tried and convicted of rape."

I stated that those accused of rape, because of the very way the system is set up, do not get fair trials. [Or, if you would prefer, get trials less fair than those accused of any other crime.] I see no talk of "likelihood". I don't know the numbers, and none of us ever will, I suspsect, so it would be pretty foolish of me to speak about the likelyhood of the innocent being convicted. It happens, that much I know, and that much you will fucking concede.
It should also be pointed out that the bolding is Decius' own work. That first line that he bolded is excluding text that could be important in understanding what I'm actually trying to say. Including anything from "and" to almost everything before would help get my message across better.

Who knows, maybe there's something about the way you read that is inhibiting your reading comprehension. Or maybe it's the way that I write. I infer the presence of this reading comprehension issue from you calling one of my responses an "incoherent word salad"...[or was that just you trying to avoid addressing what I said?]

So which is it? Douchebag with some bone to pick, or dumbass that can't keep up with what I'm saying? I'm unsure at this point, so I will just go with both.

EdgePenguin

Post by EdgePenguin »

I said hello elsewhere, but I someone said I should mirror it here:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=205

Hi! I've already been talking in this thread a while!

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

sacha wrote:
UnbelieveSteve wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Welcome, Steve. You read all 788 pages? WTF? Are you a masochist? lol

I shall extend ERV's usual greeting. You should already know what it is, since you read the whole Slyme Pit....

"Would you like a Mountain Dew or Crab Juice?"

Took me about 17 hours straight.
Diet Coke thanks.
Even if you skimmed every page, I would go fetch that diet coke for you.

Impress me again and I'll be in the kitchen making you a sarnie.
Much obliged.
I am currently working on something most impressive.
Details in due course.
Thanks for the diet coke.

DataNotDogma

Post by DataNotDogma »

Dilurk wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:

Whining kid he's no aspie but using it as an excuse. http://isnt.autistics.org

"Tragically, as many as 9625 out of every 10,000 individuals may be neurotypical"

And I might solve all of humanities problems. Unlikely, but I might. What the fuck does "may be neurotypical" mean?

decius

Post by decius »

somedumbguy wrote:Decius,

Here's an interesting study you can do, all of it online from your computer.

1) Determine the chance a woman in college will be raped. (Google it)
2) Locate your nearest large university (state, private, ...)
3) Determine the websites of their campus newspapers, the local regional newspaper, the "nearest large national" newspaper
4) Determine the number of female students that would be residents on campus, or live in the local community
5) Determine the number of rapes that must be occurring each day, each week, each month to these women
6) Determine the number of rapes expected to be reported from the number above

7) Using Google, count all the articles in the various relevant newspapers (as determined above) about those rapes

8) Determine how well number of expected rapes and expected reported rapes corresponds to number of rapes reported in the newspaper

9) Explain any discrepancies, that is, if you find a large difference in number of expected rapes to number of reported rapes, explain those differences

10) For Real Life bonus points, feel free to call campus security, the local police department, the womens center, and the various local newspapers to establish a) how many rapes are reported to them, and b) why the newspapers themselves are either not reporting all of the rapes or having special issues about rapes

The local state university near me as 50,000 students now, about 1/2 live on campus or nearby, the chance a female student will be raped during college is 1 in 4, the chance that rape occurs this year is 1 in 4, or on a continuing basis there will be 1,562 rapes of students at the nearby state school every year, or 4 rapes per day. (There are actually predicted to be 3124 rapes for those 50,000 students, but 1/2 are of students not living on or nearby campus, so I threw those out.)

Assuming 95% of rapes are not reported, that means that 78 rapes will be reported each year.

Last time I searched the campus newspaper and the local/state/regional newspapers for rapes that occur in the city this school is located in, I couldn't find more than ONE rape reported in a several year period that was linked to a student on campus.

So clearly, for my local state school, there is a huge discrepancy between expected rapes, expected reported rapes and newspaper reported rapes.

So why aren't the student newspapers, the local newspapers, the regional papers reporting on the 4 rapes that occur each day? Are all of them non-reported? Are all of them date rapes that don't get reported? Are all of them guy fucks girl so drunk it's rape not reported?

Are all of these papers suppressing the actual reports?

Try that experiment yourself.

If you find a similar discrepancy, call up the campus police and ask them how many rapes were reported in the past month or school year. Then call up the newspapers and ask why they aren't reporting on this quite literal rape epidemic, this war against women.

Here is an article I just found from worldoncampus.com. They are almost certainly an evangelical organization with an enormous religious agenda, so read what is written here with as much salt as you wish. But this article, does contain some enlightening information: http://www.worldoncampus.com/2012/11/th ... sk_of_rape

Here's an article from 2008 that's another take on this experiment: http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_1_campus_rape.html

So Decius, do this for your own local large school and tell me what numbers you get. Because it could be that where I live it's an anomaly because our various local papers really and truly are abysmal.

This highlights the problem with feminist propaganda and their attempt to create moral panic concerning the incidence of rape. I agree about that happening.

What I was arguing about is the likelihood of being wrongfully convicted of rape or not receiving a fair trial, in Jack's immortal words, "for having a dick". This is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

Like I said, the stats do not show that occurring, quite the opposite. As I further conceded, miscarriage of justice does occasionally occur due to some changes in the relevant legislation aimed at correcting previous problems, but to portray anecdotes and individual events if they represented the norm is intellectually and factually dishonest.

Now, if you wish to partake into Jack's folkloristic narrative, be my guest. Just be aware that I'm certainly not the only one here who will check spurious claims.

DataNotDogma

Post by DataNotDogma »

If I've missed some sarcasm in the link ( http://isnt.autistics.org/), OOPS. my bad.

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

Since I've been a vocal advocate of NOT having kids for a while now, I'm thinking about just putting my money where my mouth is and getting a vasectomy - this discussion from somedumbguy and sacha about being at risk for child support payments for 18 years every time one has sex makes the list of benefits even stronger.

Im only 25 though, and from what I hear its difficult at my age for a doctor to take you seriously if you say you want a vasectomy.