Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
AchronTimeless

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by AchronTimeless »

Ah the joys of psychology.

Right now, upon finding out the person I've been winding up for being a bit stupid for the past few hours actually lives next to me. So close, we're in the same IP pool. This has certain unavoidable connotations.

So either I'm arguing with myself for attention, which isn't the case, or I have had my suspicions concerned about the mental state of people living near me confirmed.

The knee-jerk reaction is to attempt to do anything I can to prove to the onlooker that I am a distinct individual, but ironically that has the side effect of making it look like I'm trying to bolster up the act that some might think I'm perpetuating. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Either way, I'm gonna go grab some smokes and some food. The roads are getting a bit icey so I'll be a while. The upshot is, if I do spin out of control and run over someone, it just might be Eucli.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Plonk wrote:
acathode wrote:It's simply impossible to follow the comments on the video atm, as far as I can tell it hasn't been up for even 2 hours yet afaik, and got 1000+ thumbs up and 500+ comments, and it's probably grow even faster, seeing as TheAmazingAtheist just left a comment, favorited and commented on it, making at least some of his 300.000+ subscribers go check it out as well...
i got a pic of it. it will be hard to keep up with the comments on that video.
http://i.imgur.com/Ijaae.jpg
acathode wrote:Agree with the person who said that FTB probably doesn't like it when TF aims his guns at them, due to his following. I have the feeling that more than one person over at FTB is at this very moment fumingly typing frenetically to get a "counterattack" up ASAP. This will be fun to watch.
:popcorn:
I'm doing some face-palm exercises in preparation. :doh:
HAHAHAHA... I agree with theamazingatheist... I think I'll call myself an atheistatheist now, to separate myself from them. if you want to refer to a group that includes me, you'll have to say atheistatheist, and if you mean to say that atheistatheists are like the religious nuts they protest against, you're telling vicious lies. :arrow:

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

AchronTimeless wrote:Ah the joys of psychology.

Right now, upon finding out the person I've been winding up for being a bit stupid for the past few hours actually lives next to me. So close, we're in the same IP pool. This has certain unavoidable connotations.

So either I'm arguing with myself for attention, which isn't the case, or I have had my suspicions concerned about the mental state of people living near me confirmed.

The knee-jerk reaction is to attempt to do anything I can to prove to the onlooker that I am a distinct individual, but ironically that has the side effect of making it look like I'm trying to bolster up the act that some might think I'm perpetuating. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Either way, I'm gonna go grab some smokes and some food. The roads are getting a bit icey so I'll be a while. The upshot is, if I do spin out of control and run over someone, it just might be Eucli.
Aw, I expect an apology for what you said in bold. It was truly hurtful. If you don't apologize, I will never forgive you.

With my driving stillinpractice, it's possible I've pissed you off on the road or made you fear for your life. That's good enough for me. I want you, Achron, to keep living on.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

mikelf wrote:
Hopefully, you made some Schweddy Balls.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ls/999481/
That's a hilarious parody of NPR hosts. :lol:

Then of course there's Chef's chocolate salty balls ... not just for Crassmas.

[youtube]w24Xd8fVlTU[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Eucliwood wrote:
Aw, I expect an apology for what you said in bold. It was truly hurtful. If you don't apologize, I will never forgive you.

With my driving stillinpractice, it's possible I've pissed you off on the road or made you fear for your life. That's good enough for me. I want you, Achron, to keep living on.
[youtube]C6ZDsUGiGqM[/youtube]

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

dinkum wrote:
Rystefn wrote:Wait.. so Atheism isn't a hive-mind? Why the fuck did I sign up, then? No hive-mind, no rape and murder because we're amoral, no culture of sexual harassment and treating women as fuck-toys... I was robbed. I want my money back.
i thought the fuck-toy bit was still being debated...somewhere. Dunno about you, but I was promised cookies and lightsabers. So far, I've had to make my own cookies and it's been sweet fuck all on the lightsaber front. Still beats the scalloped ham and potato casserole shit that the church ladies bring every fucken week.
Fucking debates... I want my fuck-toys.

Also, you've been going to the wrong church. Hit up the Raelians, they're all about luring in new people with hedonistic excesses... at least, they were the last time I interacted with any of them. Hot chicks, good booze, home-made Chex-mix, and the best part is you can string them along for nearly fucking ever if you're good at it, and they'll think they're taking advantage of you.

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:
welch wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, it may just be a coincidence - unfortunate for AchronTimeless if so - but they and Eucliwood are posting from geographically close IPs from the same ISP. Smelling a big juicy one here...
That's so cute. Now "possible sock puppet" warning. How is this not just like the A+ and ASPD forum (yes... this is resembling behavior at an ASPD forum...) bullshit?

Now this is the part where I freak the fuck out in suspicion that I live anywhere near Achron Timeless.

If your name was timex, you couldn't wind yourself up faster. This is awesome.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Nice selective bias there. I'm sure you noticed that Achron does not want to live near me either and even demanded my location. But have dreams that you're "winding up" the 'troll" if you want to. If that's what is being attempted here, you're the troll.
Do you ever actually read anything? Because I know you think you know what you think I said, but I think what you think you read isn't really what I said, and I think you're spooling yourself up all on your own now.

It is however, cool as shit to watch.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Gumby wrote:
Git wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Maximus wrote:LOL, I was wondering what the originals/longtimers thought of steersman. He seems..... wordy.
For what it's worth I like the old bugger. Sure, he may argue that water is in fact dry but meh.... Sometimes he actually makes you rethink a position.
I'm the same. Count me in the "we're better off with Steers" faction.
As am I.

I like Steers. It's just that I often skip his posts because, well, I can only handle up to pulsar-density prose. Once it gets into neutron star density territory or greater, my eyes start to cross. :?
:-) That’s some pretty “dense” prose then. But thanks for throwing the nickels; not too many rotten tomatoes along with them. Sorry that much (?) of it is “impenetrable and unnecessarily prolix sludge”, but, as someone said, “if I had more time I would have made a shorter missive” … practice makes perfect and all that …. :-)

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Eucliwood wrote:I wasn't aware that "Eucliwood" was a username there. They're probably going to get instabanned for being a troll once one of them finds out "Eucliwood" is a name here, since they like to jump the gun. I posted under a medicinal name.
Medicinal? You must be about the only one over there with a name that isn't vaguely Tolkien-ish or new agey.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Lsuoma wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Hey Guise? Anyone want an...

[...]

...Edit button?
No. Please help keep me honest. :) An edit button would lower the credibility of every post here. No one would know which are originals and which have had things memory holed.
Only kidding. Surely you were around for the great "Edit Button" discussions early on, or did you arrive just after that?
During the week between the last thread at ERV's and me coming over here to the new forum style, the no editing rule was one of the things that made me decide to stick with it. Also, the fact that tone rules never got put in, as well as having a single thread style just like the Pit has always had. Those things convinced me it was all still good, so I came back from my week off. :)

franc

Post by franc »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
ERV wrote:
rayshul wrote:Well now we bring it up... how come Cap'n Crunch is a man? Is it because women can't be Captains? IS THAT IT, PATRIARCHY!?!?!?!??!
Capn Crunch. Tony the Tiger. Toucan Sam. Trix Rabbit. Lucky the Leprechaun. Sonny the Cocoa Puffs bird. Count Chocula. Frankenberry. Snap, Crackle, and Pop. Dig’Em the Frog. Buzz...

Breakfast cereal is a guy thing!!!
Does this count?

http://wcoa.info/bwb.jpg
Speaking of Barbie, here's a trip down memory lane. And I just noticed what the other doll's name is for the first time -

[youtube]Pybj6QdOLVw[/youtube]

dinkum

Post by dinkum »

Rystefn wrote:Fucking debates... I want my fuck-toys.

Also, you've been going to the wrong church. Hit up the Raelians, they're all about luring in new people with hedonistic excesses... at least, they were the last time I interacted with any of them. Hot chicks, good booze, home-made Chex-mix, and the best part is you can string them along for nearly fucking ever if you're good at it, and they'll think they're taking advantage of you.
if only I had stumbled across them in my pre-domesticated days, alas. Moo, and so on.

Gotta ask, though: given the relatable natures of fuck-toys and hedonistic excesses, why did you leave?

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Registered so I could ignore Eucliwood.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

dinkum wrote:
Rystefn wrote:Fucking debates... I want my fuck-toys.

if only I had stumbled across them in my pre-domesticated days, alas. Moo, and so on.

Gotta ask, though: given the relatable natures of fuck-toys and hedonistic excesses, why did you leave?
Same reason I leave everywhere I've ever left: I got bored and wandered off. More specifically, no matter how pretty they are, there's an upper limit to my tolerance for being surrounded by spectacularly stupid people who think they're incredibly clever. The foundations of the faith are intelligent design creationism, only instead of god, they've got space aliens. I more than half think more than half of them are playing a Pastafarian-esque game of pretending believe in a patently ridiculous set of dogmas for comedy value, but at least a decent-sized chuck of them really truly buy into all of it.

That said: sensual massage makes for some damned-fine foreplay, and those people have made a literal art of it.

Darren

Post by Darren »

AbsurdWalls wrote:Registered so I could ignore Eucliwood.
Lsuoma, I think I just thought up a great recruiting stratergy.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Unable to resist the smell of drama and the chance to moan about Thunderf00t the absurdity that is Richard "The Bellend" Coughlan has made a video response criticising "Why feminism is poisoning Atheism". Not because he believes what he says but because he hates Thundef00t for refusing to subscribe to him. Pointless little cunt that he is.
Not worth embedding:

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Anyone else think Thunderfoot just wrapped up Witch of the Year?
I don't gamble any more but if I was making book on this thing I'd say he just dropped to even money.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Hm. After spending a while reading AVFM this morning (spurred on by the commentary earlier in the thread), I'm pretty certain I'm not into the MRA, at least not that manifestation of it. Not my bag. Not to say that some areas aren't interesting - I liked the interview of the chick who'd worked in domestic violence, Erin Pizzey. Like others I'm not seeing a massive difference between feminism and the MRA - both are working in some areas that have absolutely justifiable needs that are specific to specific sexes, and good for them, well done, jolly super, I support those actions/goals. I also support the idea of them fighting the fuck out of each other. But beyond that I genuinely don't give a fuck and I don't have an interest in reading a lot of stuff filled with academic buzzwords.

Fair enough to those who are into that.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Plonk wrote:
acathode wrote:It's simply impossible to follow the comments on the video atm, as far as I can tell it hasn't been up for even 2 hours yet afaik, and got 1000+ thumbs up and 500+ comments, and it's probably grow even faster, seeing as TheAmazingAtheist just left a comment, favorited and commented on it, making at least some of his 300.000+ subscribers go check it out as well...
i got a pic of it. it will be hard to keep up with the comments on that video.
http://i.imgur.com/Ijaae.jpg
Haven’t watched TF’s video yet – next on my to-do list – but that comment from The Amazing Atheist is spot on – even if I think he had a bit of a melt-down not too long ago on that issue, seems guilty of the same thing, and even if I think he’s out to lunch on, apparently, blaming just the Newtown shooter: social values and policies have an influence on what we all, or most all of us, do. But the philosopher/biologist Massimo Pigliucci highlighted that problem – and in the context of PZ Myers’ “intemperate hormonal rage” – almost three years ago:
I am often told by my non-activist friends (pretty much all of whom are agnostics or atheists themselves) that the problem with the new atheism is that it looks a lot like the mirror image of the sort of fundamentalist rage that we all so justly abhor. I always shrugged at this accusation as being overblown and missing the point, after all we — unlike them — are on the side of reason and true human compassion. Now I’m not so sure.

RichardReed84

Post by RichardReed84 »

I thought Thunderf00t's latest video was very enlightening. Had no idea P could be so creepy with the sex thing.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Unable to resist the smell of drama and the chance to moan about Thunderf00t the absurdity that is Richard "The Bellend" Coughlan has made a video response criticising "Why feminism is poisoning Atheism". Not because he believes what he says but because he hates Thundef00t for refusing to subscribe to him. Pointless little cunt that he is.
Not worth embedding:
Coughlan doesn't even sound like he comprehended the video. He just mumbled out some form of NAFALT simply because of his longstanding feud with TF. Thumbs down.

Y U NO FUNNY ANYMORE Coughlan? :)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

From the A+ Forum right now:

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

BWAAAHAHAAAHAAAAA! I'm so glad that "line in the sand" was drawn. How ashamed I am to be on "the wrong side of history".

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Unable to resist the smell of drama and the chance to moan about Thunderf00t the absurdity that is Richard "The Bellend" Coughlan has made a video response criticising "Why feminism is poisoning Atheism". Not because he believes what he says but because he hates Thundef00t for refusing to subscribe to him. Pointless little cunt that he is.
Not worth embedding:
Coughlan doesn't even sound like he comprehended the video. He just mumbled out some form of NAFALT simply because of his longstanding feud with TF. Thumbs down.

Y U NO FUNNY ANYMORE Coughlan? :)
You can tell he didn't even watch it. I used to be subscribed to him but when he started begging Tf00t for his sub and then making tantrum videos when he was refused I sacked it. He strikes me as a total nutjob.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Not worth embedding:
I don't think he really knows fuck all about this. If he did, he might see that from about 2:56 onwards that he's describing exactly how FTB operates to a tee.

Git

Post by Git »

Tony Parsehole wrote:From the A+ Forum right now:

BWAAAHAHAAAHAAAAA! I'm so glad that "line in the sand" was drawn. How ashamed I am to be on "the wrong side of history".
Don't worry, I'm sure tomorrow will belong to them.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

RIP Atheism +
Cause of death: run over by a clown car.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Reap wrote:
Reap wrote:Here's a podcast for Ed "lying jack-off dickhead hypocrite" Brayton and PZ "lord of inthe darkness" Myers and all the other simpletons who can't see the difference between truth and rhetoric. Click on the graphic Thanks to everyone who was on the call. To quote PZ "We should do this again sometime. Here's my hotel room key"

http://www.reapsowradio.com/wp-content/ ... onhive.gif
Link is fixed ...stupid technology
About time, here's me when I first clicked it:

[youtube]R97TsVDC1BY[/youtube]
Eucliwood wrote:Aw, I expect an apology for what you said in bold. It was truly hurtful. If you don't apologize, I will never forgive you.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/ ... n-stfu.gif

cunt

Post by cunt »

What's everyones problem with this eucliwood guy anyway.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
Not worth embedding:
I don't think he really knows fuck all about this. If he did, he might see that from about 2:56 onwards that he's describing exactly how FTB operates to a tee.
He has no idea what he's talking about. Even Coughlan, a man who breaks his spine bending over backwards to defend muslim's rights to murder people over drawings of Muhammad, would recoil from how FTB operates. He's blinded by his hate and his overpowering inadequacy. I feel sorry for him more than anything.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

ReneeHendricks wrote: I'm of the type who feels that words/phrases only have power if you let them. I've been called a "chill girl", a "gender traitor", a bitch, and many others. Water off a duck's back :)
Exactly. Words can only control you if you let them. Case in point, all the A+ whiners. Soon all they'll be able to type in is 'politically correct' 'non-offensive to all fi-fi's' code.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Gefan wrote:Anyone else think Thunderfoot just wrapped up Witch of the Year?
I don't gamble any more but if I was making book on this thing I'd say he just dropped to even money.
Yah... I think this may just nudge out Justin Vacula.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:
Not worth embedding:
He has no idea what he's talking about. Even Coughlan, a man who breaks his spine bending over backwards to defend muslim's rights to murder people over drawings of Muhammad, would recoil from how FTB operates. He's blinded by his hate and his overpowering inadequacy. I feel sorry for him more than anything.
Yeah, it's kind of ironic that he's accusing thunderf00t of just elevating a personal feud to an ideological argument and being small-minded.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Gefan wrote:Anyone else think Thunderfoot just wrapped up Witch of the Year?

Yes I think Thunderf00t has it in the bag. So out of the FC5/6 who do you think should take out the Coveted prize of CUNT OF THE YEAR? I myself think Old Prunie should take it for her slander campaigns, comment editing and the death threat flounce etc.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:What's everyones problem with this eucliwood guy anyway.
Where to begin...
In the 2 days we have enjoyed her company she has been:
Posting random slices of equally random sentences for most of today.
Posting another 2 pages of the same random shite in bolded underline.
Moaning over having no edit button.
Wrote a bolded signature along the lines of "Y U NO DO IRC CHAT INSTEAD OF TALKING ON HERE?" but MUCH wordier.
Got butthurt a lot.
Gradually looked more and more like a troll as the day went by.

Darren

Post by Darren »