Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
welch

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by welch »

mutleyeng wrote:in all fairness to one of our new friends, if the forum carries on growing at this steady pace, sooner or later this single thread tradition is going to get seriously strained, don't you think?
Just sayin...might be summut to start thinking about

fuck that shit, MOAR CHAOS

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
mikelf wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:I just don't get how someone can read and listen to something and still manage to totally fuck it up:

http://www.alstefanelli.com/McKen5.jpg
At the risk of going all Steersman on you, when you title the video "An Atheist Cult: Those Radicals From Freethought Blogs, Atheism Plus, Etc. " and make statements like you did at 1:21 to 1:25, 2:57 to 3:00, and between 5:15 to 6:53, you have to expect that they may not be able to discern the subtlety "they are acting like a cult" and "they are a cult."

It is not that I don't agree with you. I do. But, I think you are expecting a little too much from them to grasp the difference.
That is a logical and reasoned assumption
While I agree, Al, I'm not the brightest of (cough) "brights" on the 'net, even *I* figured out you mean some and not all.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Stretchycheese wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Freaking awesome vid! "Why 'Feminism' is poisoning Atheism"

*Snip*

Thank you, Thunderfoot!
Another thing. Esteleth's point reminds me of that Space Moose comic, with a character saying "your rights end where my feelings begin." Essentially, they object to people who want to ridicule or satirize radfem dogma and don't think people should have that right because it "hurts feelings." Not only does this attitude confirm Paula Kirby's observations regarding "totalitarian thought" in FTB circles, but it's extremely hypocritical. The huge amount of vitriol and invective coming out of their camp is intended to "hurt feelings" after all. PZ has has heaped enormous amounts of ridicule and mockery towards Roman Catholic and other religious viewpoints and they don't give a damn if they hurt feelings.

There was a case at a UK university where student authorities sought to silence atheist groups from ridiculing Islamic beliefs. I can easily see how an Islamic PC advocate can make the same argument as Esteleth, word for word, to silence or ban comics like "Jesus and Mo" in the public sphere. It seems to, based on their actions, that the FTB/A+ camp isn't saying "your rights end where my feelings begin" but is actually saying "your rights end where MY feelings begin -- not yours, MINE!"
Like I said to my gf (and I think in a comment on the vid), The analogy isn't "Your right to wave your arms ends at my face, so your right to speak ends where my feelings get hurt." that's a bullshit comparison. The correct analogy would be "Your right to wave your arms around ends at my face, so your right to say things ends when it's a magical incantation that explodes my head." Saying you can't say things that hurt people's feelings is like saying you're allowed to wave your arms around until someone interprets is as a *ist gesture, so you should have your fucking arms tied behind your back so you never do it again. Fuck those people and fuck their feelings.

Also, because I know they're reading, My right swing my legs around ends at your nose, but it's totally kosher to kick you right in the fucking cunt.

papillon

Post by papillon »

Tkmlac wrote: What. The. Fuck. Where was I when they were having this conversation??

"Hey guys, I have a feeling our fuck toys are sentient beings called, "wymyn." What do we do?"
I know. Tell me about it .
I got such a shock when I went down to the cellar to feed mine, then all of a sudden she expressed an opinion!
My hands were shaking so much, I dropped the plate of raw meat, locked the cage, ran upstairs and phoned my local Patriarchy
chapter for advice.
Needless to say, I'll be demanding a refund. I ordered a fuck toy, not a fucking headache.
Looks like he sold me a lemon.

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:
welch wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
AchronTimeless wrote:
Eucliwood wrote: Again... an edit button would really help for oneafteranother posts.
No, what an edit button is really good for is people trying to pull their foot out of their mouth after they jam it in there pretty deep. If you can't have accountability on your own, the forum will help you with that.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Um, that's cool but that's clearly not what I wanted an edit button for. First, you complain about how many posts I post in a forum that already has so many posts by everyone collectively, and then when I suggest an edit button to put posts all in one post (since I read, make a post, then see something else I want to reply to, make another post, or add something to a post I already posted, which can result in three posts in a row), you act like I'm some sort of sneak that wants to hide something?
Over personalizing just a tish there. There's a reason for no edit button, and it's not changing anytime soon. Relax, adapt, and move on
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I already "moved on" from that and said "fine, alright". I would appreciate it if people didnt comment on simple suggestions over and over.
I reply as I find them

Also,

Gorram it, lsuoma you nazi tit, turn the speed filter off.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

papillon wrote: I know. Tell me about it .
I got such a shock when I went down to the cellar to feed mine, then all of a sudden she expressed an opinion!
My hands were shaking so much, I dropped the plate of raw meat, locked the cage, ran upstairs and phoned my local Patriarchy
chapter for advice.
Needless to say, I'll be demanding a refund. I ordered a fuck toy, not a fucking headache.
Looks like he sold me a lemon.
Nope. Nothing for FfTB to quote-mine here. :lol:

http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/orig/m ... mining.jpg

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

welch wrote:
mutleyeng wrote:in all fairness to one of our new friends, if the forum carries on growing at this steady pace, sooner or later this single thread tradition is going to get seriously strained, don't you think?
Just sayin...might be summut to start thinking about

fuck that shit, MOAR CHAOS
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Also, if you don't like the single thread thing, you could try posting on the other threads here. Let me know how well that works out for you.

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Gumby wrote:A good comment from TF00t's vid:
The right to free speech ends when someone is offended? Ha! HAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! Can you imagine where the atheist movement would be if that was the case? Fuck my life!

These people are a fucking disgrace! I wish Hitches was still around just for the possibility that he would SHIT ALL OVER THEM.
That last sentence reflected my thoughts exactly. It makes it all the more painful he's not here anymore.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Hmm. Apparently someone (Joe McKen - @joemcken) is transcribing Al's latest video.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Gumby wrote:Re: Thunderf00t's video.

At the very end he calls for people to download and/or mirror the video, given the usual silencing tactics that are likely to be employed by FTB and Skepchick. I tried to download it but for some reason my video downloading program is crapping out. If anyone else can do it, please have at it. *shines ScentedNectarSignal on backdrop of clouds*
Oooh, how did I miss that? I watched it right to the end, but senility must have had me for that moment. I will download it now. If anyone wants a copy too, I can put it on my domain for download.

Off to do all that now!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Apparently someone (Joe McKen - @joemcken) is transcribing Al's latest video.
I think he's the douche that was misconstruing Al's latest video, though I can't remember for sure.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Gumby wrote:Re: Thunderf00t's video.

At the very end he calls for people to download and/or mirror the video, given the usual silencing tactics that are likely to be employed by FTB and Skepchick. I tried to download it but for some reason my video downloading program is crapping out. If anyone else can do it, please have at it. *shines ScentedNectarSignal on backdrop of clouds*
Oooh, how did I miss that? I watched it right to the end, but senility must have had me for that moment. I will download it now. If anyone wants a copy too, I can put it on my domain for download.

Off to do all that now!
Thanks. It looks like at least one other person mirrored it:

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Apparently someone (Joe McKen - @joemcken) is transcribing Al's latest video.
Ironically, that would make it qualified for the A+Scribe project. Lol. I actually already have a transcript. Be interesting to see how accurate his is.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

The right to free speech ends when someone is offended? Ha! HAHA! HAHAHAHAHA! Can you imagine where the atheist movement would be if that was the case? Fuck my life!

These people are a fucking disgrace! I wish Hitches was still around just for the possibility that he would SHIT ALL OVER THEM.
Thank you. :D

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I fucking love Tf00t's new video. I think I just did a sex-wee.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Ironically, that would make it qualified for the A+Scribe project. Lol. I actually already have a transcript. Be interesting to see how accurate his is.
I'm interested as well.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Gumby wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Thunder's latest vid is a winner.
Yes it is. One of the best descriptions of the Baboons and their dishonest tactics, ever.
Word.

Makes me glad that I've not invested any time or money attending A/S conferences.

For those of you who have done so ... my sincere sympathies. Depressing outlook in the video, but probably realistic.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

JackRayner wrote:

Thank you. :D
That was you? Good one!

Meanwhile, TF00t's video now has 1085 likes, and 47 dislikes. Hahahahaha.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Eucliwood wrote:Content free crap such as? (Can someone do me a favor and ask what he means)?
He means all you're doing is posting META.

Seriously, I wasn't going to say anything since everybody else was already dogpiling, but I've just waded through two and a half pages of meta-discussion about edit buttons and ignore lists... WTF? This forum has been here for 6 months and it is run the way it is because that's what was found to work best for us. Nobody likes the new kid showing up and telling us how to run our show. If that's all you are going to do, you are not going to make may friends around here.

So please, for our benefit as much as your own, take a break. Walk away and stop posting for a while. When you come back, please ask yourself the following questions before posting:

1. Is my post about the forum itself?
2. Is my post about how people are engaging me on the forum?
3. Does my post add nothing of value to the discussion?

If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, please do not post. Heck, even #3 is negotiable, but you need to contribute something every now and then: it could be just a pithy comment that only 10% of people will find amusing, or perhaps a completely gratituous and unjustified use of the word "cunt".

Now, having done my bit to contribute to the problem, I'm going back to page whateveritis I was on.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

The video is perf <33333

Yes, there is misogyny going on, they just don't REALIZE IT. And it's their job to make sure women feel like they're in danger and have to go with a buddy everywhere. As for "creating a sexualized environment", isn't that what people who also tell women what to wear saying it'll get them RAPED say? Oh yes, if they wear 'sexualized' clothes they'll get everyone sexually harassed. The misogynists just won't be able to keep their hands off them.

On another note...sometimes they seem to be referring to any sexual harassment done by guys to girls as "misogyny" whether the person feels women are good for nothing but or women specifically ought to go through it. Basically, as if any sexual harassment done by guys to girls is BECAUSE they are women...I'm pretty sure it's BECAUSE they are heterosexual guys that need to keep themselves in check.

After all, harassment done to guys isn't "misandry" is it? "You harassed a guy! And guys are the ones you target, because you are androphilic (meaning you like men)! SEXIST TARGETING. MISANDRY."

Like I said before... people, people.. can we please stop acting like harassment only happens to women? It happens to men too, just no one cares when it happens to them. Proper man response is to just look annoyed and move on. If you even swat at them, youve "hit them unnecessarily"
Sort of like how Bieber (I mean the real Justin Bieber) was considered a total jerk or an "asshole" for pushing a fan girl away from him with a "what the fuck?!" face on when she abruptly grabbed him. Now what's the reaction when a girl pushes a rough fan guy away? "He shouldn't have put his paws on her! That's right, ladies! What animals!"
How abouuut...no grabbing anyone. And recognizing that women draw their fingers down men's abs or put their hand on their shoulder or tug at their arms or even slap their butt if they're into men's butts as flirting too, and may not stop or get an attitude when the guy is like "No thanks."

As for the hypocritical photo shots and video clip, makes me VERY mad that they have the nerve to criticize others for the stuff and do it themselves.

As for the right to say what you want ends when you 'offend' someone...more like your right to say what you want ends when the femtheists think you shouldn't. (We know that plenty of people have no issue with what they bitch about.) Unless, of course, they think you're being unreasonable. Then it doesn't count and you can free speech away, even taunting them on purpose with the 'free speech' they've chosen to whine about.

As for the flagging campaign...are you SERIOUS? What's their excuse for doing the same thing creationists did? "It's different" probably. Don't they make videos about other "misogynists" over there? dawkins should report them for bullying.

How do you mirror it?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Amazing that Pz's comment regarding "fuck toys" hasn't caused more ripples, nice catch thunder, i hadn't seen it before.

There is misrepresenting your opponents position (which is never a good thing) and then there is downright blatant lying about the nature of your opponents position and the nature of the debate!!! It was discussed four or five pages ago about how the fftb crowd are in full ideologue mode, which presents itself as utterly and blatantly lying about what you detractors say, because your own argument is so fucking weak.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Darren wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:Content free crap such as? (Can someone do me a favor and ask what he means)?
He means all you're doing is posting META.

Seriously, I wasn't going to say anything since everybody else was already dogpiling, but I've just waded through two and a half pages of meta-discussion about edit buttons and ignore lists... WTF? This forum has been here for 6 months and it is run the way it is because that's what was found to work best for us. Nobody likes the new kid showing up and telling us how to run our show. If that's all you are going to do, you are not going to make may friends around here.

So please, for our benefit as much as your own, take a break. Walk away and stop posting for a while. When you come back, please ask yourself the following questions before posting:

1. Is my post about the forum itself?
2. Is my post about how people are engaging me on the forum?
3. Does my post add nothing of value to the discussion?

If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, please do not post. Heck, even #3 is negotiable, but you need to contribute something every now and then: it could be just a pithy comment that only 10% of people will find amusing, or perhaps a completely gratituous and unjustified use of the word "cunt".

Now, having done my bit to contribute to the problem, I'm going back to page whateveritis I was on.
Darren, it was a simple suggestion and people kept bringing it up. It takes two (or more) to tango, so please stop acting like its my fault that a long discussion ensued about editting, etc. I said the edit thing cos people started complaining about my post count. I said if I could edit stuff, it wouldn't be as much of a problem. After being explained why to, I didnt keep proposing it, and I took back my proposals of chat and editting, yet conversation still went on.

So instead of addressing shit to me, why not tell everyone not to talk so long about it?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:Eucliwood, I can't wait for you to meet Steersman. :P
:-)
I resemble that? ;-)

codelette

Post by codelette »

somedumbguy wrote:
In college I was lucky enough to join a extracurricular flight school associated with the college.

The person that ran this flight school was an Olympic swimmer in 1932. During WWII, she joined the WASPS (Women Airforce Service Pilots) where she flew, I believe, more than 25 different kinds of military aircraft, from fighters to bombers, ferrying them from where they were manufactured across the US to Nova Scotia where they would be flown across the Atlantic.

After the war, she won the Powder Puff derby and at some point that helped her become associated with the college I went to, where she started, led, ran, administered this flying program which involved not just scheduling students, but writing the curriculum, managing aircraft, hangar and maintenance, finding instructors (beside herself), and still flying and instructing probably 20 or more hours each week.

Among her students were some of the first women that became commercial airline pilots, as well as a couple of future astronauts (though none of those were women to the best of my knowledge.)

She also voted and strongly supported Ronald Reagan. (Which was when I was in school.)

QUIZ:

Would A+ Septic Feminism consider this women a feminist? A friend, or an enemy?
Depends. If she announced via T-shirt that she was a pilot -not a pilot chick-, then she is a gender traitor for sure.

acathode

Post by acathode »

It's simply impossible to follow the comments on the video atm, as far as I can tell it hasn't been up for even 2 hours yet afaik, and got 1000+ thumbs up and 500+ comments, and it's probably grow even faster, seeing as TheAmazingAtheist just left a comment, favorited and commented on it, making at least some of his 300.000+ subscribers go check it out as well...

Agree with the person who said that FTB probably doesn't like it when TF aims his guns at them, due to his following. I have the feeling that more than one person over at FTB is at this very moment fumingly typing frenetically to get a "counterattack" up ASAP. This will be fun to watch.
:popcorn:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BarnOwl wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Thunder's latest vid is a winner.
Yes it is. One of the best descriptions of the Baboons and their dishonest tactics, ever.
Word.

Makes me glad that I've not invested any time or money attending A/S conferences.

For those of you who have done so ... my sincere sympathies. Depressing outlook in the video, but probably realistic.
It will be interesting to find out how TAM goes next time around. Will the Skepchick/FfTB liars and professional victims stay away, as they have strongly implied, or will they double down and try once again for a hostile takeover? I hope DJ Grothe has the fucking sense not to invite any of these people who tried to malign and destroy him and JREF as speakers. He seems to be an overly "peacekeeping" sort, though. He may actually try to extend the olive branch.

But If Grothe can keep TAM safe from the shit-flinging liars, it might be worth going to. It would be great if the feces-flingers were frozen out and it turned out to be the best, most-attended TAM ever.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Rystefn wrote: The analogy isn't "Your right to wave your arms ends at my face, so your right to speak ends where my feelings get hurt." that's a bullshit comparison. The correct analogy would be "Your right to wave your arms around ends at my face, so your right to say things ends when it's a magical incantation that explodes my head." Saying you can't say things that hurt people's feelings is like saying you're allowed to wave your arms around until someone interprets is as a *ist gesture, so you should have your fucking arms tied behind your back so you never do it again. Fuck those people and fuck their feelings.
I think what amazes me the most is that the very people who say this sort of nonsense are the ones who are snarky, sarcastic, condescending, abusing and just plain mean to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

acathode wrote: I have the feeling that more than one person over at FTB is at this very moment fumingly typing frenetically to get a "counterattack" up ASAP. This will be fun to watch.
Oh, you just knowthat the FfTB/Skepchick propaganda machine is kicking into high gear as we type. Not much they can do except resort to "Out of context! Out of context!" accusations, since he's using their own film clips and words against them. TF00t did a good job and they won't be able to do anything but scream hoarsely at their monitors while pounding on their keyboards with their fists. Muahahahaha.

Git

Post by Git »

dinkum wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Eucliwood, I can't wait for you to meet Steersman. :P
Don't cross the streams.
If that's your little fuzzy friend, then its an awesome beast. More kitteh avatars please, else Sacha's flocks of carrion will take over teh pit.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Has anybody discussed the possibility of an "Edit" button recently?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

And stop twisting a suggestion to someone that actually has POWER here as telling "you guys" how to run your show. Yes, you're members here, but I really don't consider you guys to be running anything if all you have is posting privileges. I've never seen people twist a suggestion of a feature that doesn't work for a forum into something so damn dramatic is "omg, a new guy is coming here TELLING US HOW TO RUN OUR SHOW DESPITE THE FACT THAT US PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT ARENT EVEN THE ONES WHO DESIGN THE FORUM. OMG SHE SAID EDITING WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA."Also the fact that I'm new has shit to do with it. If I was "old" and said it, would it be taken less offensively, and if so, uh, why?

Even people at Atheism fucking +, kings and queens of twisting shit into some unspeakable crime, don't twist a suggestion of a new rule or feature as "telling the regulars of the forum -who have no power to implement such things- how to run 'their' show." Simply state that editing hasn't worked for this forum, and get over it. Geez. Don't take it as some attack or criticism on everyone that goes here. Wtf.

If that was telling you how to run your show then writing the prez for a simple bill proposal on one topic is like telling the entire country how the country in general should be run. Bill proposals have nothing to do with what I can do, so when people write with ones I dont like, I dont start bitching and acting like they're telling me what to do as if Im even in the government. I dont start acting like one simple proposal is telling the government how to their shit in general, either.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Gumby wrote:
acathode wrote: I have the feeling that more than one person over at FTB is at this very moment fumingly typing frenetically to get a "counterattack" up ASAP. This will be fun to watch.
Oh, you just knowthat the FfTB/Skepchick propaganda machine is kicking into high gear as we type. Not much they can do except resort to "Out of context! Out of context!" accusations, since he's using their own film clips and words against them. TF00t did a good job and they won't be able to do anything but scream hoarsely at their monitors while pounding on their keyboards with their fists. Muahahahaha.
No they'll resort to pz's intellectual rebutt of: he isn't arguing in good faith because he doesn't like me, therefore everything he said is invalid.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

decius wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Or you just don't know enough about the MRM. I know that what I do as an MRA does more good than any of those vapid FTB, A+ feminist assholes any day. And I am not ashamed or afraid to say I am an MRA just because people don't fully understand the MRM.
You're right, I don't know much and don't particularly care. But even if you are being truthful, your branding problem still persists.
Branding and marketing is only an issue if you want them all singing from the same music sheet. Quite frankly (and I could be wrong), this is not going to happen soon and good luck with that IMO.

I could be wrong but I strongly suspect that we are not going to see the equivalent to NOW (National Organization of Women) in the near term.

Generally, the source of new recruits appear to be self selected and covers a range from shell shocked men who have gone through a divorce etc. to young people going through the educational system. I have also noticed some who said they were raised by feminist women.

Personally, and no offense meant, I make the minimum effort in getting the likes of you to sign up. What I will do is provide information. The rest is up to you (IOW, your problem, not mine), and if you fail to agree, then no hard feelings on my part either.

I will however, listen to what you have to say. Surprise! I may even agree with you on some things.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Has anybody discussed the possibility of an "Edit" button recently?
Oh shit, if you're bringing it up as your own idea, stuff is about to go down. If you're simply asking, then yes, we have... and I got the message as to why it's a bad idea, but I guess I was attempting to dictate people here in general by bringing it up. :roll:

Also, what's up with the turd smiley? I find it very nasty. I'm not telling "the regulars" here "how to run their forum" (code for asking it to be taken out of my sight), but ew. It looks like a dancing piece of shit. Is that what it's supposed to be? I feel a piece of shit in my hand every time I see him dancing. Basically, I feel a piece of shit in my hand every time I post when I notice him.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Has anybody discussed the possibility of an "Edit" button recently?

Dick

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

welch wrote:

Dick
Oh no I didn't!
:naughty:

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

jjbinx007 wrote:
Rystefn wrote: The analogy isn't "Your right to wave your arms ends at my face, so your right to speak ends where my feelings get hurt." that's a bullshit comparison. The correct analogy would be "Your right to wave your arms around ends at my face, so your right to say things ends when it's a magical incantation that explodes my head." Saying you can't say things that hurt people's feelings is like saying you're allowed to wave your arms around until someone interprets is as a *ist gesture, so you should have your fucking arms tied behind your back so you never do it again. Fuck those people and fuck their feelings.
I think what amazes me the most is that the very people who say this sort of nonsense are the ones who are snarky, sarcastic, condescending, abusing and just plain mean to anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Well what made you think YOUR feelings matter? They're the oppressed minority, so their feelings are the only ones that matter. Check your privilege, you just don't get it, misogyny, patriarchy.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

http://od.soulrequiem.com/Forum%20Pics/ ... t_down.jpg

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

I received an email from the JREF forum and apparently if I donate lots of money I get to own one of these... Is this a Surlyramic?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

PZ Myers face...I didn't notice how fat it was. What does his wife look like? And what the fuck is she thinking anyway? thunderf00t should make another video. Right now.

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:And stop twisting a suggestion to someone that actually has POWER here as telling "you guys" how to run your show. Yes, you're members here, but I really don't consider you guys to be running anything if all you have is posting privileges. I've never seen people twist a suggestion of a feature that doesn't work for a forum into something so damn dramatic is "omg, a new guy is coming here TELLING US HOW TO RUN OUR SHOW DESPITE THE FACT THAT US PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT ARENT EVEN THE ONES WHO DESIGN THE FORUM. OMG SHE SAID EDITING WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA."Also the fact that I'm new has shit to do with it. If I was "old" and said it, would it be taken less offensively, and if so, uh, why?

Even people at Atheism fucking +, kings and queens of twisting shit into some unspeakable crime, don't twist a suggestion of a new rule or feature as "telling the regulars of the forum -who have no power to implement such things- how to run 'their' show." Simply state that editing hasn't worked for this forum, and get over it. Geez. Don't take it as some attack or criticism on everyone that goes here. Wtf.

If that was telling you how to run your show then writing the prez for a simple bill proposal on one topic is like telling the entire country how the country in general should be run. Bill proposals have nothing to do with what I can do, so when people write with ones I dont like, I dont start bitching and acting like they're telling me what to do as if Im even in the government. I dont start acting like one simple proposal is telling the government how to their shit in general, either.
I don't speak drama-ese. Did that have:

A point?

Grammar?

Some form of structure?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Eucliwood wrote:
Oh shit, if you're bringing it up as your own idea, stuff is about to go down. If you're simply asking, then yes, we have... and I got the message as to why it's a bad idea, but I guess I was attempting to dictate people here in general by bringing it up. :roll:

Also, what's up with the turd smiley? I find it very nasty. I'm not telling "the regulars" here "how to run their forum" (code for asking it to be taken out of my sight), but ew. It looks like a dancing piece of shit. Is that what it's supposed to be? I feel a piece of shit in my hand every time I see him dancing. Basically, I feel a piece of shit in my hand every time I post when I notice him.
Oh you did discuss an edit button? Shit, I hadn't noticed. My bad.

Oh, the turd thing is a long story. It represents a long lost pitter named Oolon. he used to love dancing, christmas and turds so Lsuoma made him his own smiley. He hasn't been here for a while but he's a nice guy and if you ever meet him on your travels tell him we all said "hi".

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:PZ Myers face...I didn't notice how fat it was. What does his wife look like? And what the fuck is she thinking anyway? thunderf00t should make another video. Right now.
Someone needs to tell him to stop letting Becky buy his hair dye, and get that shit done by a pro. Fucker looks like he's wearing a rug.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gumby wrote:
http://od.soulrequiem.com/Forum%20Pics/ ... t_down.jpg
I had to do it. I couldn't resist. :dance:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

jjbinx007 wrote:I received an email from the JREF forum and apparently if I donate lots of money I get to own one of these... Is this a Surlyramic?
Our Gift to You

When you make a one-time donation of $100 or more or a monthly donation of $25 or more to the JREF's Season of Reason campaign, we will send you a limited-edition ceramic ornament, designed and handcrafted by Amy Davis Roth of Surly-Ramics. The design is based on a favorite photo taken of Randi during a recent lecture tour in Norway. We think he looks a bit like a certain lovable mythical figure, don't you?
I'm reminded of Viz's 'Life of Christ in Cats' commemorative plate again...

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

DownThunder wrote:Things dont really get heated [here] anymore.
That was ~12 hours and 9 pages ago. Fucking hell. Talk about some of that quantum sardonics.

RichardReed84

Post by RichardReed84 »

Thought I'd post in the famous "undead thread".

My latest with Ophelia Benson: my comment pointing out that people who don't feed trolls get trolled a hell of a lot less than people who do doesn't get through, yet a comment saying that "don't feed the trolls" is no different to blaming rape on dressing provocatively.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... /#comments

Is that how this thread works?

welch

Post by welch »

jjbinx007 wrote:I received an email from the JREF forum and apparently if I donate lots of money I get to own one of these... Is this a Surlyramic?
Given the words say it is...

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Eucliwood wrote:Also, what's up with the turd smiley? I find it very nasty. I'm not telling "the regulars" here "how to run their forum" (code for asking it to be taken out of my sight), but ew. It looks like a dancing piece of shit. Is that what it's supposed to be? I feel a piece of shit in my hand every time I see him dancing. Basically, I feel a piece of shit in my hand every time I post when I notice him.
Yeah, it's a dancing shit. I'm pretty sure that's exactly the reaction they're going for when they use it, too. We're not too good to laugh at the lowest of the low-brow (ablism? Some sort of insensitivity, anyway) humor around here. Some of us do avoid the dancing turd, though.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Oops, sorry everyone, I didn't read the article properly.

*sheepishly hides away*

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

welch wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:And stop twisting a suggestion to someone that actually has POWER here as telling "you guys" how to run your show. Yes, you're members here, but I really don't consider you guys to be running anything if all you have is posting privileges. I've never seen people twist a suggestion of a feature that doesn't work for a forum into something so damn dramatic is "omg, a new guy is coming here TELLING US HOW TO RUN OUR SHOW DESPITE THE FACT THAT US PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT ARENT EVEN THE ONES WHO DESIGN THE FORUM. OMG SHE SAID EDITING WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA."Also the fact that I'm new has shit to do with it. If I was "old" and said it, would it be taken less offensively, and if so, uh, why?

I don't speak drama-ese. Did that have:

A point?

Grammar?

Some form of structure?
Ah, nice one. Calling a rebuttal to a dramatic reaction drama. It wasn't even to you, so I don't see why the point concerns you. The point is a rebuttal to the dramatic point he had. Clearly.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Tkmlac wrote:
[quoting PZ in thunderf00ts video]
"We were trying to figure out if women were eye candy and fuck toys for privileged white men or whether they were colleagues."

What. The. Fuck. Where was I when they were having this conversation??
According to PZ, it's going on *right now*. Probably in the slymepit. Am I in the wrong thread?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Eucliwood wrote:PZ Myers face...I didn't notice how fat it was. What does his wife look like? And what the fuck is she thinking anyway? thunderf00t should make another video. Right now.
I call bullshit. I smelt it ten posts ago, now i can see it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Yes.
When you make a one-time donation of $100 or more or a monthly donation of $25 or more to the JREF's Season of Reason campaign, we will send you a limited-edition ceramic ornament, designed and handcrafted by Amy Davis Roth of Surly-Ramics. The design is based on a favorite photo taken of Randi during a recent lecture tour in Norway. We think he looks a bit like a certain lovable mythical figure, don't you?
http://i.imgur.com/fS4uw.jpg

Peezus Christ, she must be making a bundle from this deal.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Yes.

Oh FFS. So much for my hopes that JREF had wisened up about those morons.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

If I've done this correctly, you can download a copy of TF's vid, by right clicking and "save target as" (or similar thing). I took the spaces and quote marks off for the download, but just add them in again when you upload to youtube.

http://www.scentednectar.com/vidmirror/ ... theism.mp4

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Our Gift to You

I'm reminded of Viz's 'Life of Christ in Cats' commemorative plate again...
The thing is I would actually pay for 'Life of Christ in Cats'.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Surely people aren't getting triggered by Mr Hankey?

"Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo, Small and brown he comes from you, Sit on the toilet here he comes, Squeeze him 'tween your festive buns"

One option would be to replace it with Mykeru's picture. Not the smiley version either, but the actual photo.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote: http://i.imgur.com/fS4uw.jpg

Peezus Christ, she must be making a bundle from this deal.
COOL! I've always wanted a Rolf Harris Surly-Ramic.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

I would prefer that to Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo. Without the strange white dot. Looks like an STI.