The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by deLurch »

Sister's post verified by the NY Post.
http://nypost.com/2016/12/15/muslim-hat ... -the-nypd/

Probably best to skip other news organization's interpretation of what her sister stated, and read it straight from the horse's mouth.

https://i.sli.mg/bbkT0j.jpg

https://i.sli.mg/R6k7iJ.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote:
While curious about the contents, I'm not clicking on a SomethingAwful link because those retards are responsible for a lot of this shit anyway and don't deserve to laugh it off.
It's a satire of the SJWs written as if it were a Democratic candidate calling Trump supporters idiots and nazis, gloating at their misery and asking them to vote for the Dems in 2020. It's pretty funny, and it's eerily similar to most posts on FTB and the Orbit.

It starts like this:
I've had it.

You low down pieces of shit. You turds with swastika ribbons tied around your turdy waists. You Muslim-hating, homophobic, rape-endorsing megabigots had better get your shit together and vote for me in 2020.

I heard you're worried about losing your medicare and your social security. Morons. Guess what, dumbasses, you voted for it! You voted for the person who is going to take away all your healthcare and pay off his rich buddies with that money. And you know what? GOOD. I hope a bunch of you die of diabetes. Thin out the herd of stupids a little.

The rest of you can learn your damn lesson by watching the other dummies die. Because I deserve your vote in the Year of Your Lord 2020.
I could easily picture Caine or GAS or Miri or even PeeZie writing the exact same words but being completely serious.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Guess what happens if you dare press "play"?

:shock:

[tweet.][/tweet]

Hey Ape you have a new fan. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/byGpJRf.jpg
Haw! And that's why Paramore is un-trollable.

I hope Peez sees that. His impulse will be to shun her as noisily as possible. He can't though, because her sexual assault story was one he oooohed over during his season of grenade juggling. Steamed and stifled is an excellent way to cook Minnesota Putz :lol:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

On the Pat & Jude issue, it appears that the Cincinnati Police have arrested her former renter that was JUST PHYSICALLY EVICTED a few days prior to Thanksgiving.
Update#9 wrote:Well, good news! They have arrested a suspect! We are so happy! We are on our way to the grand jury to testify. It turns out he was an ex renter whose girlfriend gave us mis-information to get the apartment. Looks like he has a history of white racist acts. He did this to a church in 2013. I guess leopards never change there spots.... Don't know why we were their next victims. We were nothing but kind to them. Wish us luck!
https://www.gofundme.com/no-more-racism

As far as the misinformation goes provided by the girlfriend, Pat's eviction case against them was for a "Samual" instead of "Samuel." That should have been a bit of a dead give away. Of course the last time I rented out, I was asked for my Social Security Number, Photo ID (Driver's license) & pay stub. That would be a tad too difficult for the girlfriend to have all faked. Not to mention, assuming his name spelling was a typo and searching on the proper spelling for Samuel brought up his lengthy court records.

Again, these two renters absolutely should be punished and there is no excuse for what they have done.

But the slumlord landlord is absolutely bullshitting by playing like nothing was wrong in their relationship with the former renters.

Update #10 says this:
Update#10 wrote:We were so happy that the perpetrators were caught that I failed to
tell you all how much your support has meant to us. The insurance
will not cover as much as we thought it might, so you all having contributed
will be even more helpful than we imagined. I want to thank you all again and again
from the bottom of my heart for your love, support and donations, not only from
across the US, but from many other countries around the globe. Our faith
in human kindness is being restored, and we are filled with gratitude for the
sense of community we're able to feel again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Up, I bet insurance is not going to cover more than the $35k they paid for the house. And they are not going to see the $55k sale to their daughter as a valid valuation.

It look like the total raise is leveling off at aourn $67,870.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Kirbmarc wrote:
paddybrown wrote:OK, watched the interview with my old school chum Beller (as he was known back then). They also interviewed Arlene Foster straight after. My takeaway from it all:

The Renewable Heat Incentive was started in 2011 when Foster was minister at the Department for Trade and Investment (DETI), the department that ran it. She says none of her civil servants ever made her aware of any of the problems of the scheme, so she never had an opportunity to do anything about it. She moved to the Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP) in May 2015, and Bell replaced her at DETI. Bell says his attention was drawn to the problems within about a month, and he attempted to reduce the amount paid, but this was delayed by interference from special advisers from the DFP and the Office of the First Minister and didn't happen until November. Foster says that November was the date that Bell proposed, and it happened just as he wanted it.

He then announced it would be shut down in January 2016, and later announced it would be kept open for a couple of extra weeks, which saw a surge of applications from businesses who wanted to get on the gravy train before it was too late. He says he was forced to do this after a heated meeting with Foster, and regrets that he went along with it and didn't resign. Foster became First Minister in January 2016, but I'm not clear whether this was before or after Bell's announcement. After the assembly elections in May, Foster remained First Minister, the various departments were reorganised, and Bell, while still a member of the assembly, was no longer a minister.

So, in brief: Foster is responsible for this scandal, but is now First Minister and protected by the system to an extent. Bell shut it down, perhaps not as quickly as he could have done once he became aware of it, and in the process fell out with Foster, his party leader, which lost him his ministerial job. He probably suspects he's going to take the fall for it and is getting his retaliation in first, dressed up in some ostentatious religiosity. Foster is claiming ignorance, despite being the minister responsible for the scheme for four years, and is damselling a bit, claiming that Bell used his "bulk" to intimidate her.
From what you've written it seems likely that Bell was utterly screwed over by Foster. I wonder if actually putting him in charge of DETI was part of a plan to deliberately scapegoat him.
I reckon so. But he's managed to get his side out without looking spiteful, so unless Foster has something more on him he has the moral high ground. We shall see how it develops. There's a vote of no confidence in Foster coming up, and a lot depends on how Sinn Fein decide to play it.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

deLurch wrote:Sister's post verified by the NY Post.

Probably best to skip other news organization's interpretation of what her sister stated, and read it straight from the horse's mouth.

https://i.sli.mg/R6k7iJ.jpg
Diddums.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Why would Muslim women have to "lie to survive"? Survive what?

Also it's pretty telling that she writes about "being unified under one ummah".

Ummah, while literally meaning "the people" in Arabic, is used by most muslims (and in the Quran) to mean either the ummat al-Islamiyah the community of all muslims (well, all "true" muslims anyway), or the Ummah Wāhidah, the "One Community"a which appreciates what's "righteous" and fights against what's "wrong".

"Being unified under one ummah" suggests the latter, which can have pretty revealing political implications. The first "unified one ummah" was created by Mohammed in Medina, and it encompassed his followers, Christians and Jews, but (and this is pretty important) only if they accepted his political authority. It was an "agreement" of people to be under Mohammed's (well, and God's, but God's didn't show up that much) "protection".

Once Mohammed got more and more powerful the "dhimmis", or "protected people", who were initially promised equal rights and obligations and had to accept only a formal muslim control of shared finances in times of war, were given "protection" only after paying the jizya tax, and and their political and civil rights were restricted, while they were able to be left alone with their laws and exempted from the paying the zakat, the alms required to muslims. If they didn't want to pay or accept muslim authority, well, there goes the "protection".

If this sounds suspiciously like a racket that's because it's what it was, by and large.

I'm not saying that Seweid is necessarily a muslim supremacist. She could be either using the sentence "unified under one ummah" as a metaphor or she could simply repeat a sentence she's heard without fully grasping its contextual meaning. But still, her choice of words warrants attention.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is still dreaming of shooting trump shaped womp-rats.

http://i.imgur.com/WTIky5q.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

deLurch wrote:Sister's post verified by the NY Post.

Don't report accusations to the police as they might want to know if events actually happened.

Don't spread stories on social media or people might read other shit you've posted.

Don't exploit a media panic or the media might report on it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Don't report accusations to the police as they might want to know if events actually happened.

Don't spread stories on social media or people might read other shit you've posted.

As a general rule of thumb - it's best to avoid both the press and the police (in their professional capacities at least) as much as possible.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Though he is perhaps not as relevant as he once was - here's the latest on Ethan Ralph re: his arrest and sentencing

http://theralphretort.com/editors-note- ... -12015016/

Dave

Post by Dave »

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

As a general rule of thumb - it's best to avoid both the press and the police (in their professional capacities at least) as much as possible.
I would say be very cautious with both, but there are times when either can be a very powerful tool.

I didnt pay much attention when this was first reported because I was very skeptical. But reading Sara's comments makes me wonder how much did Yasmin seek out the attention? Was this the result of a FB post that when viral? And she got caught up playing the role? Did the press pick it up from social media and the cops get involved because it was in the news? Or did she seek out the press and the cops? The former makes more sense with Sara's posting, and makes Yasmin a somewhat more sympathetic figure. Yes, she lied to everyone, but it probably started small and very quickly grew and she didnt know how to get out of it.

On the other hand, curious that her brother made a false report about a friend being attacked too.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ is still dreaming of shooting trump shaped womp-rats.

Why they gotta be white men fighting tyranny?

Not woke PZ. Not woke.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote: This is a map with a distribution of the sightings of Bigfoot in the states of Washington, Oregon and California:

http://i.imgur.com/Qjber1t.jpg
The is an exceptional example of Texas Sharpshooter. It completely ignores all the sightings in hotspots like East Texas, Ilanois and Ohio and draws a line around states where both Bigfoot and Brown Bear are both sighted. Essentially all it tells us is that bears and bigfoot shit in the woods.
Kirbmarc wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
It is a little more interesting than that, a phenomenon in of it's self.

A lot of these guys say, "The are just boogers, there have always been boogers, everybody has always known about them". So basically, much like native Americans, they say they are just part of natures.... and if you don't believe in them, that's your problem.
That's not a very scientific approach. It's like saying "the earth is flat, everybody has always known it's flat".
Or you could argue it is like spending a small fortune on research to tell us bears shit in the woods.

This is what I mean when I say the bigfoot scepticism is no better than the bigfoot research.
Thus, the two ‘species’ do not demonstrate significant niche differentiation with respect to the selected bioclimatic variables. Although it is possible that Sasquatch and U. americanus share such remarkably similar bioclimatic requirements, we nonetheless suspect that many Bigfoot sightings are, in fact, of black bears.
The bigfoot community has a saying, that for everybody who sees a bear and thinks it's bigfoot, a dozen see a bigfoot and think it's a bear. If bigfoot were real, they would probably be right.
There has been other research done n central US, albeit with limited data which show that bigfoot sightings better correlate with migration of elk and the location of waterways. But at the end of the day it's not worth a hill of beans either without a type specimen.
I can believe that these people are sincere and have seen something in the woods. The problem is to understand what they've seen. It's suspicious that no skeletons of unknown animals and/or no bones, fur, teeth or other body parts have been produced and identified as from an unknown animal. Where do those creatures sleep during the day, if they're mostly nocturnal? Where do you hunt (do they leave behind teeth)? Where do they mate or scratch their backs or drink?
This is why studying behaviour may actually be of use before proving their existence. Incidentally, hair (not fur) has been found which is from an unknown animal, unfortunately it has no medulla and so contains no DNA. Hair analysis is unfortunately as much art as science as each animal has multiple different kinds of hair on their bodies, so skeptics put this down to misidentification or decayed specimens. This even though in other cases including that of primates, hair analysis has been used to differentiate and identify new species.
(Analysis of sound recordings has also been determined to be an unknown species, even with the limitations of normal sound recording equipment, analysis shows they are outside the vocal range of CaptainFluffyBunny. If however, bears can also whoop like a gibbon, then maybe they are running around playing tricks on Squatchers?)

As for the rest, this is where the stick structures come in, they seem to come in different kinds. If the research is to be believed, they mark out a hunting perimeter, inside this are blinds which are believed to act as sentry posts. Inside this is an inner perimeter, usually using dense undergrowth as a natural barrier, although they sometime build obstructions. Inside this there are various kinds of structures depending on the local vegetation and time of the year. In winter these may resemble something which could be described as shelter, usually using coniferous trees, otherwise they are more like ground nests of gorillas with a light covering. Most of these structures would be better described as markers or camouflage rather than nests. There is also speculation that they build nurseries like a play pen for their young. These areas are usually in high ground and always near water, and there is speculation that they are very strong swimmers and use waterways as highways.
The structures also give an indication of how they hunt, they block game trails to funnel their prey into an ambush where they hide behind blinds.

So lets put this into some context, and lets assume for a moment bigfoot does exist. If you have been going out with a camera and failing spectacularly to photograph them, or even find them, doesn't it make sense to first try to better understand their behaviour?
Not so long ago, a film crew spent two years failing spectacularly to film the wolverine in the wild, only managing to get a shot of one's ass disappearing down a hole. I suspect they would have had even less luck if they had been looking in the treetops, it does help if you know where to look.

John D

Post by John D »

My pupper is hardy to about 18 degrees Fahrenheit. But, at 6 degrees he just stands on the driveway... thus.... 6 degrees means booties and a sweater.
15542187_1161571120564122_4833568166396973328_n.jpg
(128.03 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ is still dreaming of shooting trump shaped womp-rats.

http://imgur.com/2h0PWfa.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dave wrote:I would say be very cautious with both, but there are times when either can be a very powerful tool.

I didnt pay much attention when this was first reported because I was very skeptical. But reading Sara's comments makes me wonder how much did Yasmin seek out the attention? Was this the result of a FB post that when viral? And she got caught up playing the role? Did the press pick it up from social media and the cops get involved because it was in the news? Or did she seek out the press and the cops? The former makes more sense with Sara's posting, and makes Yasmin a somewhat more sympathetic figure. Yes, she lied to everyone, but it probably started small and very quickly grew and she didnt know how to get out of it.

On the other hand, curious that her brother made a false report about a friend being attacked too.
I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but when it comes to the police report, according to Yasmin after the alleged assault & harassment, she went immediately to the police to report it. That was the one bit of news the suggested to me that there might be a grain of truth to her claim.

According to this article
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/12/03/ ... on-subway/
The alleged incident occurred "Around 10 p.m. Thursday." So that would be Dec. 1st.

The string of events for her from this article is as follows
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.2896163
NYDaily wrote:Seweid had left an event at Baruch and was on her way home on an uptown No. 6 platform at the 23rd St. and Park Ave. stop at about 10 p.m. Thursday when the men started taunting her, she said.
NYDaily wrote:Seweid got off the train at Grand Central Terminal on E. 42nd St. and reported the terrifying incident to police.

Her father, Sayeed Seweid, 55, of New Hyde Park, L.I., said he was also angry that no one else stepped in to defend his daughter.

“Nobody even offered to help an 18-year-old girl,” he said. “That means something. Her phone was dying. You offer help — it doesn’t matter the race, religion, or the country.”

After filing a police report, shaking and crying, Seweid made her way to Penn Station where she called her father after finding an electrical outlet to charge her phone, her father said. She was not injured.

He came and picked her up and they chatted with police into the early morning hours before driving home.

On Friday, Seweid sat with police officers and tried to help spot the men on surveillance video, her father said.
One of the first media articles about this appears to be the New York Rag, The Gothamist on Friday Dec. 2nd, at 2:31 PM. http://gothamist.com/2016/12/02/trumps_amerikkka.php She had not yet posted to Facebook.

Here is the first facebook archive which shows she posted it at 1:30am December 3rd, Saturday. This is clear AFTER the media had hold of the story.
https://archive.is/kTqZB
Yasmin on Facebook wrote:I initially was not planning on making a post about what happened yesterday, but you will probably be seeing stories about it on the news & in the newspaper tomorrow. I take the train every single day going to & coming from class, but yesterday, something happened that I never thought would happen to me. I was harassed on the subway last night and it was just so dehumanizing I can't speak about it without getting emotional. Three white racists ripped the straps off my bag & attempted to yank my hijab off my head. They yelled such disgusting slurs at me, I was so helpless and felt defenseless. "Look it's a fucking terrorist", "go back to your country", "take that rag off your head", and so many more. Trump's name was repeatedly said & it finally clicked in my head. No matter how "cultured" or "Americanized" I am, these people don't see me as an American. It breaks my heart that so many individuals chose to be bystanders while watching me get harassed verbally and physically by these disgusting pigs. Trump America is real and I witnessed it first hand last night! What a traumatizing night. Please stay safe everyone & never let anyone take your rights away. Just thought I should share that with you all tonight.
(Reference) http://www.alternet.org/human-rights/tr ... rs-watched

She was doing television interviews by Saturday Dec 3rd for the 11PM report at least.

So, in order:
Thursday
* 10PM alleged incident
* Gets off subway & immediately reports to police
* Finds charger, charges cell & calls father.
Friday
* @"Early Morning Hours" Father meets her & chats with police
* Meets back with police the next day & reviews tapes
* @2:31PM First Gothamist article (Not sure which came first, 2nd meeting with police or Gothamist article)
Saturday
1:30AM - First Facebook post on issue which mentions there will be a lot of media & articles on what happened to her coming out.
11:15PM - First Television interview airs on Channel 2

Make of that what you will. Gather facts first & then figure the shit out.

John D

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote:
Dave wrote:I would say be very cautious with both, but there are times when either can be a very powerful tool.

I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but when it comes to the police report, according to Yasmin after the alleged assault & harassment, she went immediately to the police to report it. That was the one bit of news the suggested to me that there might be a grain of truth to her claim.

According to this article
The alleged incident occurred "Around 10 p.m. Thursday." So that would be Dec. 1st.

The string of events for her from this article is as follows
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.2896163
NYDaily wrote:Seweid had left an event at Baruch and was on her way home on an uptown No. 6 platform at the 23rd St. and Park Ave. stop at about 10 p.m. Thursday when the men started taunting her, she said.
NYDaily wrote:Seweid got off the train at Grand Central Terminal on E. 42nd St. and reported the terrifying incident to police.

Her father, Sayeed Seweid, 55, of New Hyde Park, L.I., said he was also angry that no one else stepped in to defend his daughter.

“Nobody even offered to help an 18-year-old girl,” he said. “That means something. Her phone was dying. You offer help — it doesn’t matter the race, religion, or the country.”

After filing a police report, shaking and crying, Seweid made her way to Penn Station where she called her father after finding an electrical outlet to charge her phone, her father said. She was not injured.

He came and picked her up and they chatted with police into the early morning hours before driving home.

On Friday, Seweid sat with police officers and tried to help spot the men on surveillance video, her father said.
One of the first media articles about this appears to be the New York Rag, The Gothamist on Friday Dec. 2nd, at 2:31 PM. http://gothamist.com/2016/12/02/trumps_amerikkka.php She had not yet posted to Facebook.

Here is the first facebook archive which shows she posted it at 1:30am December 3rd, Saturday. This is clear AFTER the media had hold of the story.
https://archive.is/kTqZB
Yasmin on Facebook wrote:I initially was not planning on making a post about what happened yesterday, but you will probably be seeing stories about it on the news & in the newspaper tomorrow. I take the train every single day going to & coming from class, but yesterday, something happened that I never thought would happen to me. I was harassed on the subway last night and it was just so dehumanizing I can't speak about it without getting emotional. Three white racists ripped the straps off my bag & attempted to yank my hijab off my head. They yelled such disgusting slurs at me, I was so helpless and felt defenseless. "Look it's a fucking terrorist", "go back to your country", "take that rag off your head", and so many more. Trump's name was repeatedly said & it finally clicked in my head. No matter how "cultured" or "Americanized" I am, these people don't see me as an American. It breaks my heart that so many individuals chose to be bystanders while watching me get harassed verbally and physically by these disgusting pigs. Trump America is real and I witnessed it first hand last night! What a traumatizing night. Please stay safe everyone & never let anyone take your rights away. Just thought I should share that with you all tonight.
(Reference) http://www.alternet.org/human-rights/tr ... rs-watched

She was doing television interviews by Saturday Dec 3rd for the 11PM report at least.

So, in order:
Thursday
* 10PM alleged incident
* Gets off subway & immediately reports to police
* Finds charger, charges cell & calls father.
Friday
* @"Early Morning Hours" Father meets her & chats with police
* Meets back with police the next day & reviews tapes
* @2:31PM First Gothamist article (Not sure which came first, 2nd meeting with police or Gothamist article)
Saturday
1:30AM - First Facebook post on issue which mentions there will be a lot of media & articles on what happened to her coming out.
11:15PM - First Television interview airs on Channel 2

Make of that what you will. Gather facts first & then figure the shit out.
The idiot should have at least stayed away from the media. She just made it worse by going on TV... but no... haha... she wanted to be famous and well as have an excuse for being out late!

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

This is great, but I'd really like a PZ-as-Jar-Jar, given the damage that PZ causes to his own "side" by being an idiot.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D wrote:The idiot should have at least stayed away from the media. She just made it worse by going on TV... but no... haha... she wanted to be famous and well as have an excuse for being out late!
I subjectively thought she looked a little too pleased with herself in that first interview.

We still don't know how the media got ahold of the story. The reporters could have been listening in on the police scanner. The reporters could have been camped out in front of the police station. The police may have been testing her to see if she was willing to do a media interview. The police may have requested media to help publicly ask for witnesses. The father in his outrage may have stirred up this media fuss (however that may be doubtful since he hasn't been much of a media hog throughout the ordeal). Maybe her outraged sister called in the media troops. Maybe Yasmin herself wanted some of those sweet sweet SJW anti-trump media soundbites. I honestly can't tell from the provided evidence. However, I do have to say, that if the police had found nothing & was making a public request for witnesses, it would have hit the media no matter what. Maybe it is a sure bet that the police called in the media troops.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Suet Cardigan wrote: True story:
Last week I nipped out to the shed and forgot to close the back door. When I went back inside I found a Robin in the living room. How Christmassy. Then I noticed that the little bastard had shat on my carpet.
Then Batman can't have been far away!

was I ninjered?

John D

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote:
John D wrote:The idiot should have at least stayed away from the media. She just made it worse by going on TV... but no... haha... she wanted to be famous and well as have an excuse for being out late!
I subjectively thought she looked a little too pleased with herself in that first interview.

We still don't know how the media got ahold of the story. The reporters could have been listening in on the police scanner. The reporters could have been camped out in front of the police station. The police may have been testing her to see if she was willing to do a media interview. The police may have requested media to help publicly ask for witnesses. The father in his outrage may have stirred up this media fuss (however that may be doubtful since he hasn't been much of a media hog throughout the ordeal). Maybe her outraged sister called in the media troops. Maybe Yasmin herself wanted some of those sweet sweet SJW anti-trump media soundbites. I honestly can't tell from the provided evidence. However, I do have to say, that if the police had found nothing & was making a public request for witnesses, it would have hit the media no matter what. Maybe it is a sure bet that the police called in the media troops.
I just don't understand why she didn't just say she didn't want to be interviewed. She could have just explained that she was scared and didn't want to talk about it. The thing about lying is that you really need to lie as little as possible. The more times you tell the story the more you will trip up. Also, you will start to tell the story the same way with little additional detail etc. I suspect the cops figured her out pretty quickly. Just ask her to tell the story over and over. Pretty soon you notice inconsistencies or you notice a lack of detail to the story.

She is young however, so she obviously made some mistakes. The part of the story that felt wrong to me immediately was that the thugs were saying "Trump... Trump... Trump." I just don't think this sounds authentic. I know enough racists to understand how they talk. They would call her a terrorist... I can believe that... but the Trump chant felt wrong from the start.

John D

Post by John D »

It kind of reminds me of the shit smear swastika. It's totally fake. No Nazi would smear a shit swastika on the bathroom wall.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: This is a map with a distribution of the sightings of Bigfoot in the states of Washington, Oregon and California:

http://i.imgur.com/Qjber1t.jpg
The is an exceptional example of Texas Sharpshooter. It completely ignores all the sightings in hotspots like East Texas, Ilanois and Ohio and draws a line around states where both Bigfoot and Brown Bear are both sighted. Essentially all it tells us is that bears and bigfoot shit in the woods.
Kirbmarc wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
It is a little more interesting than that, a phenomenon in of it's self.

A lot of these guys say, "The are just boogers, there have always been boogers, everybody has always known about them". So basically, much like native Americans, they say they are just part of natures.... and if you don't believe in them, that's your problem.
That's not a very scientific approach. It's like saying "the earth is flat, everybody has always known it's flat".
Or you could argue it is like spending a small fortune on research to tell us bears shit in the woods.

This is what I mean when I say the bigfoot scepticism is no better than the bigfoot research.
Thus, the two ‘species’ do not demonstrate significant niche differentiation with respect to the selected bioclimatic variables. Although it is possible that Sasquatch and U. americanus share such remarkably similar bioclimatic requirements, we nonetheless suspect that many Bigfoot sightings are, in fact, of black bears.
The bigfoot community has a saying, that for everybody who sees a bear and thinks it's bigfoot, a dozen see a bigfoot and think it's a bear. If bigfoot were real, they would probably be right.
There has been other research done n central US, albeit with limited data which show that bigfoot sightings better correlate with migration of elk and the location of waterways. But at the end of the day it's not worth a hill of beans either without a type specimen.
I can believe that these people are sincere and have seen something in the woods. The problem is to understand what they've seen. It's suspicious that no skeletons of unknown animals and/or no bones, fur, teeth or other body parts have been produced and identified as from an unknown animal. Where do those creatures sleep during the day, if they're mostly nocturnal? Where do you hunt (do they leave behind teeth)? Where do they mate or scratch their backs or drink?
This is why studying behaviour may actually be of use before proving their existence. Incidentally, hair (not fur) has been found which is from an unknown animal, unfortunately it has no medulla and so contains no DNA. Hair analysis is unfortunately as much art as science as each animal has multiple different kinds of hair on their bodies, so skeptics put this down to misidentification or decayed specimens. This even though in other cases including that of primates, hair analysis has been used to differentiate and identify new species.
(Analysis of sound recordings has also been determined to be an unknown species, even with the limitations of normal sound recording equipment, analysis shows they are outside the vocal range of CaptainFluffyBunny. If however, bears can also whoop like a gibbon, then maybe they are running around playing tricks on Squatchers?)

As for the rest, this is where the stick structures come in, they seem to come in different kinds. If the research is to be believed, they mark out a hunting perimeter, inside this are blinds which are believed to act as sentry posts. Inside this is an inner perimeter, usually using dense undergrowth as a natural barrier, although they sometime build obstructions. Inside this there are various kinds of structures depending on the local vegetation and time of the year. In winter these may resemble something which could be described as shelter, usually using coniferous trees, otherwise they are more like ground nests of gorillas with a light covering. Most of these structures would be better described as markers or camouflage rather than nests. There is also speculation that they build nurseries like a play pen for their young. These areas are usually in high ground and always near water, and there is speculation that they are very strong swimmers and use waterways as highways.
The structures also give an indication of how they hunt, they block game trails to funnel their prey into an ambush where they hide behind blinds.

So lets put this into some context, and lets assume for a moment bigfoot does exist. If you have been going out with a camera and failing spectacularly to photograph them, or even find them, doesn't it make sense to first try to better understand their behaviour?
Not so long ago, a film crew spent two years failing spectacularly to film the wolverine in the wild, only managing to get a shot of one's ass disappearing down a hole. I suspect they would have had even less luck if they had been looking in the treetops, it does help if you know where to look.
Dear gods, please tell me you are kidding. There is no evidence that they exist. None. Everything that even hints at their existence has a dozen better explanations. No body, no crap, no graves, no burrows. Nothing but some sightings (and then never by any of the thousands of game cameras, which practically litter game-rich areas) and no biologist, forester or reliable witnesses. Nothing. These giant beasties, apparently a primate no less, have sharper senses than wolves and mountain lions. Right. These are some lucky critters.

And no hunter ever bagged one. Nobody ever mistook one for a bear and dropped it by accident. Or perhaps they're more bullet-proof than bears. None ever trapped by accident. Somehow they've evaded everybody when everything else bigger than a mouse has been pretty thoroughly cataloged.

The stick structures thing is totally bogus. They would leave DNA, fur and presumably urine and feces. Dogs don't seem to be able to track them from any of this. That's a pretty unique defense. If they used waterways to travel, they would eventually have an accident and drown. I've found beaver and otters that misjudged the water and drowned. They are supposed to be far too large to travel by tree, and the forests here aren't conducive to that.

Again, I hope you're pulling our leg here. 'Cause there's more evidence for religion, UFOs and Nessie than there is for bigfoot.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Captain - I don't think you have been privy to all the evidence:

[youtube][/youtube]

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
This is great, but I'd really like a PZ-as-Jar-Jar, given the damage that PZ causes to his own "side" by being an idiot.
I tried, but it's hideous. He looks more like a dirty Homer than Jar Jar :lol:

http://imgur.com/wDsGoEO.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

MarcusAu wrote:Captain - I don't think you have been privy to all the evidence:

[youtube][/youtube]
The most plausible explanation I've seen, for certain. I need one of those portal things. Could be mighty handy.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Haven't wildlife biologists installed thousands of motion-activated cameras in the woods in all the interesting, accessible places by now (e.g. the Pacific Northwest)? :?

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

There's been brinksmanship going on for years. It's getting a bit more tense now.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... 481863758/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Does everyone really think that invisible spectral interdimensional bigfoots (feet) are so unlikely?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Dear gods, please tell me you are kidding. There is no evidence that they exist. None. Everything that even hints at their existence has a dozen better explanations. No body, no crap, no graves, no burrows. Nothing but some sightings (and then never by any of the thousands of game cameras, which practically litter game-rich areas) and no biologist, forester or reliable witnesses. Nothing. These giant beasties, apparently a primate no less, have sharper senses than wolves and mountain lions. Right. These are some lucky critters.

And no hunter ever bagged one. Nobody ever mistook one for a bear and dropped it by accident. Or perhaps they're more bullet-proof than bears. None ever trapped by accident. Somehow they've evaded everybody when everything else bigger than a mouse has been pretty thoroughly cataloged.

The stick structures thing is totally bogus. They would leave DNA, fur and presumably urine and feces. Dogs don't seem to be able to track them from any of this. That's a pretty unique defense. If they used waterways to travel, they would eventually have an accident and drown. I've found beaver and otters that misjudged the water and drowned. They are supposed to be far too large to travel by tree, and the forests here aren't conducive to that.

Again, I hope you're pulling our leg here. 'Cause there's more evidence for religion, UFOs and Nessie than there is for bigfoot.
I have to agree. A population of animals of that size would leave much more evidence behind than sounds of undetermined origin and hair which cannot be reliably identified.

Billie from Ockham

Ape+lust wrote:I tried, but it's hideous. He looks more like a dirty Homer than Jar Jar :lol:

http://imgur.com/wDsGoEO.jpg
I appreciate the effort. Maybe the ears are the key to a Jar-Jar. But, please, only if you want to keep going.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D wrote:It kind of reminds me of the shit smear swastika. It's totally fake. No Nazi would smear a shit swastika on the bathroom wall.
Not even Adolf Shitler?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Sunder wrote:
While curious about the contents, I'm not clicking on a SomethingAwful link because those retards are responsible for a lot of this shit anyway and don't deserve to laugh it off.
I read it and it comes off as... serious-ish.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The timeline sounds like you'd do if something fucked up happened to you. Which is a worry because if they've learned how to make it look real... we're in trouble. ^_^ Possibly she overheard some people talking about how great Trump was, got MASSIVELY TRIGGERED, and then called the police because her feelings were hurt. Maybe it was a microaggression.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

From that Guardian article above:
The Royal Society and British Academy recently held a high-profile interdisciplinary conference on ‘New Trends in Evolutionary Biology’. Officially, the event was open to the widest possible range of criticisms of the Neo-Darwinian synthesis. Yet the invitation did not extend to proponents of intelligent design theory who have publicized most of the same criticisms of the synthesis. It would seem that the paradigm shift demanded by advocates of intelligent design would have been a step too far

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Shatterface wrote:From that Guardian article above:
The Royal Society and British Academy recently held a high-profile interdisciplinary conference on ‘New Trends in Evolutionary Biology’. Officially, the event was open to the widest possible range of criticisms of the Neo-Darwinian synthesis. Yet the invitation did not extend to proponents of intelligent design theory who have publicized most of the same criticisms of the synthesis. It would seem that the paradigm shift demanded by advocates of intelligent design would have been a step too far
Wait, what?!?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

I'd just like to say good luck to Abbie in her new career as a fantasy art model:
Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell 2001 - 07.jpg
(135.64 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:
Steven Fuller is an intelligence design apologist.

Also he doesn't understand Thomas Kuhn, or Machiavelli, or Pareto at all. Not Thomas Kuhn's book is much better, though, since Kuhn is a relativist who doesn't really understand that the history of science isn't the scientific method (no more than the history of mathematics is an axiom of mathematics).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Expect a long post on what Steve Fuller got wrong about Vilfredo Pareto, Thomas Kuhn and Machiavelli soon. There are so many wrong things on that Guardian article that it's almost unbelievable.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
There's been brinksmanship going on for years. It's getting a bit more tense now.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... 481863758/
Oog! I hadn't seen that. Thanks! (Sort of).

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Shatterface wrote:From that Guardian article above:
Wait, what?!?
Yep, you read it right.

The Guardian is pushing intelligent design.

By a guy who was taken in by Sokal and Bricmont.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Here's Fuller's response to the Sokal Hoax:

http://www.physics.nyu.edu/sokal/fuller.html

Fullershit

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

from that UPI article:
"It appears China is intent on transforming these features into operational bases that will allow its military to project power and assert control of one of the most vital international waterways," said Arizona Sen. John McCain. "This is unacceptable."
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/751/20820 ... fcfe_b.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[youtube][/youtube]

Poppycock. An interdimensional bigfoot has characteristics of having a portal & not having a portal. Transdimensional bigfoot either gained or lost a portal. Pandimensional bigfoot has all portals but also includes aportal status, distinct from cisdimensional bigfoot. Whereas dimensionfluid bigfoot....

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kurt Eichenwald is going full consequences will never be the same over that tweet that allegedly gave him a seizure.
Is it not commonly understood that users are not merely anonymous to other users but to the platform as well? What's interesting is he says this is the second time someone has done this to him, which begs the question of why he didn't try to press charges the first time, and why he didn't turn off the fucking autoplay function.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Yep, you read it right.

The Guardian is pushing intelligent design.

By a guy who was taken in by Sokal and Bricmont.
Anyone else having a flashback to 2005 ?

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

[youtube][/youtube]
This may explain why no sasquatch feces have been found. They use inter-dimensional portapotties. :geek:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote:Here's Fuller's response to the Sokal Hoax:

http://www.physics.nyu.edu/sokal/fuller.html

Fullershit
The cunt cites himself as an authority. He's the bizarro Richard Carrier.

Billie from Ockham

Many people have sued others for visual stimuli that were claimed to cause seizures, with various suits against video-game makers being the best known. In no case (that I can find, of course) has the plaintiff won. Every case was either dismissed, lost, or settled.

Eichenwald's situation is a bit difference in that he is seeking criminal action and claims that the stimulus was sent to him with the purpose of causing a seizure. But I don't expect much to come of this.

CaptainFluffyBunny

SkepticalCat wrote:Haven't wildlife biologists installed thousands of motion-activated cameras in the woods in all the interesting, accessible places by now (e.g. the Pacific Northwest)? :?
And hunters. Game cameras are pretty cheap.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:from that UPI article:
"It appears China is intent on transforming these features into operational bases that will allow its military to project power and assert control of one of the most vital international waterways," said Arizona Sen. John McCain. "This is unacceptable."
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/751/20820 ... fcfe_b.jpg
It's not just the US that is worried here. The Philippines and other nations also claim waters that China is building up. Not sure the USA is trying to control international waterways for its sovereign use.

Billie from Ockham

As long as Duterte is in power, as an American I say fuck the Philippines.

With that said, the idea that no-one controls international water is important to me. So fuck China, too.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:She's lucky she was in the US and not back in the old country or Dad might have cut off more than her hair.
Actually, it is usually the mother who instigates and tasks a male member of the family to undertake the honour killing.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

I'm more expressing doubt they'll ever find the person that did it. Most shitposters do more to preserve their anonymity than using a nym. Any information they give to Twitter will be false, burner email accounts and the like. They'll be using a proxy, so law enforcement would need to gain access to the records of whatever international server their traffic is being routed through, and even that assumes the records haven't been destroyed already in a routine dump. This guy seems to be under the impression you can just phone up twitter and ask for a user's full name and home address.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Latsot has popped a vein.

It began with him being raped by his cat:

http://i.imgur.com/11DqpYD.jpg

Naturally this required some delicate commentary:

http://i.imgur.com/bRTUrsk.jpg

And I wake up to this:

:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/gyXp3GX.jpg

:lol:

feathers

Post by feathers »

I somehow knew this had to be coming but still it came faster than a lion on a hyena.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

NoGodsEver wrote:New rule: anyone who is fooled by Clinton has no right to question anyone else's intelligence.
TFIFY.

Fuck me the Dems are going into full meltdown and you wanted them in charge of the country.