Phawrongula - the encyclopedia of insanity

Discussion of the wiki dedicated to documenting FfTB Foibles...

*** NOTE - participation here may be restricted for the prevention of wiki vandalism ***
franc

Phawrongula - the encyclopedia of insanity

Post by franc »

This group is to supercede the wiki:talk function (which is quite frankly useless) for folks actively involved in maintaining Phawrongula.

Phawrongula Main
Editors' README

If you choose the create an editors' account and wish to have elevated privileges, post your ID and request here.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stickifying

franc

Note about linking FfTB comments

Post by franc »

When threads roll over to a second page, they break all links to previous comments. E.g. -

Code: Select all

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/07/in-your-face/#comment-223155

becomes -

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/07/in-your-face/comment-page-1/#comment-223155

franc

Wiki spring clean

Post by franc »

http://thunderf00tdotorg.wordpress.com/ ... mment-5108
Michael Says: August 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm
From zero to Goodwin in one post. Good one.

I did check out the wikia and although I find the tone at times quite a bit childish, the timeline at least is quite useful.

Maybe some people less emotionally involved can clean up the language though.
This is a common observation. Could folks spare some time looking over articles when they can and remove baboon style language, make it more objective wikipedia style.

Also, if you find any orphaned articles list them here (include ones that have not been linked to the main page).

tachikoma

Two suggestions and a request for help on categorizing

Post by tachikoma »

I have a suggestion that I cannot implement as a random anon wikia contributor. On the main page, instead of listing a long list of all the articles, would it be possible to have a list of contents/categories? For example, see the "contents" section of wikia's template help section. Browsing some other popular wikis on wikia (for example), having a contents list of categories on the main page seems to be a common thing so maybe there is a built in function or template.

I was thinking about how to categorize all of the articles and I'm stumped on how to organize and name some of these categories. Unfortunately I'm not very good at this. Here's my stab at it, I invite people to make suggestions:

Events: Timeline, Witch of the Week
People/bloggers: Myers, Benson, Christina, Reed, etc. Dunno if people who were attacked and have their own articles (ex. Grothe, McGraw) should be in the same category or in a separate category. If separate, I don't think I want to label them "victims". Survivors?
Fallacies/jargon: Listen to the assertion fallacy, MRA, Courtier's Reply, argumentum ad bingo, etc. Again, should the "glossaries" article also be in this category? On the one hand it is mostly slimepit vocabulary, which falls under "jargon".
Bad behaviour: hypocrisy, censorship
lolz: Classic quotes

What's a pithy way to categorize this article? Confirmation bias? Lack of skepticism? Credulity?

My second suggestion is to merge the Timeline and the Witch of the Week into the same article. Currently there is a significant amount of crossover. I would have done it, but deleting an article as an anon editor might be mistaken for vandalism.

Eucliwood

Re: Phawrongula - the encyclopedia of insanity

Post by Eucliwood »

I am so surprised that they tell anyone to cut themselves, call anyone offensive terms that mean "insane", etc..you'd think that they'd consider it an insult to the group of people that have cut themselves (surely some people on there have self mutilated, even?), and they even claimed to be against the latter.