Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Mykeru

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Mykeru »

masakari2012 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/mM7Au.png

Natie Reeds attitude towards men is like a militant ex-smoker. Amirite?

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:
JackRayner wrote:Certainly a different story from what that mangina and harpy were trying to sell...
Well, they keep on trying and they have an audience of confirmed believers. However, we are here also and we are not going away.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights ... en-lawson/
Attorney General Joseph Biden, III
Carvel State Office Building
820 N. French Street
Wilmington, DE 19801

Dear A.G. Biden,

I write to you today with great concern for the abhorrent behavior displayed by your agency toward a mutual constituent, Gordon Smith. Need I remind you, sir, that Mr. Smith was facing numerous domestic violence charges (24 to be exact) that were just recently dismissed due to the finding that the alleged victim was falsely reporting each of the incidents, to which Mr. Gordon was subsequently arrested. My concern is that the Attorney General’s office seems that they are patting themselves on the back for releasing Mr. Smith from these charges; however, Mr. Smith continues to be the victim in these cases.

Why? Because of these outlandish charges, which again were proven to be false, Mr. Smith was terminated from gainful employment. The simple dismissal of charges does not assist Mr. Smith in picking up the fractured pieces of his life because he is currently unable to find a job. Those charges remain on Mr. Smith’s record, to which he is obligated to disclose. When Mr. Smith tried to address this matter he was met with a rather inappropriate response that he would have to file to have those charges expunged. This is frankly unacceptable; may I remind you that Mr. Smith is unemployed due to the actions of his accuser. Those charges were proven to be false, the Attorney General’s office is paralyzed as to what to do regarding the defendant of those false reports, and feels vindicated by simply dismissing Mr. Smith’s charges? Attorney General Biden, Mr. Smith need not continue to be the actual victim here. The State should see to it that all the charges against Mr. Smith be expunged from his record at its own expense, especially in light of the State’s acknowledgement that each of those charges was unfounded and falsely reported. Let us not continue to see this matter swept under the rug.

Due to the reckless behavior of Mr. Smith’s accuser the State has expended an extraordinarily large amount of taxpayers’ dollars to which end? To continue to victimize the one that was actually found to be innocent and to protect the one that was found to be falsely expending the State’s money? This is not appropriate and the math, sir, does not add up. Chapter 5, subsection 1245, Title 11 of Delaware Code clearly establishes that “…Falsely reporting an incident is a class A misdemeanor…In addition to the penalties otherwise authorized by law, any person convicted of an offense in violation of this section shall pay a fine of not less than $500…which fine cannot be suspended and be sentenced to perform a minimum of 100 hours of community service, and shall be required to reimburse the State, or other responding or other investigation governmental agency, for any expenses expended in the investigation and/or response to the incident falsely reported.” Where is the justice for Mr. Smith to allow these charges to continue to exist on his record and no penalty is sought against the accuser?

I anticipate a speedy review of this matter and look forward to your immediate response.

Sincerely,

David G. Lawson, Senator 15th District

Cc:

Governor Jack Markell
Chief Judge Chandlee J. Kuhn
Superintendent Nathaniel McQueen, DSP

We will be heard. We will not be silenced. We are taking action.
We did not start this war, but we are fucking well going to finish it.

That is a promise you can take to the bank.
I'm a bit more familiar with that story, since the bulk of the MRA related media that I take in is admittedly from a handful of Youtube channels, and John the Other, for one, has done several videos on it.

Men's Rights and anti-Feminism seem to be picking up steam, as evidenced by how bat-shit feminists seem to be going over these topics, but I'm still kind of pessimistic about things...kinda still leaning towards the MGTOW side of things, though I'm in support of men's rights activism. For the time being the stuff that I share or bring up with the majority of the people that I know is the easier to follow stuff. Kinda worried that the failure of people to get the higher brow stuff [jury nullification, for example] could get me labeled a sexist, misogynistic, rape-supporting, woman beating pedophile before I even get a chance to establish myself as a commercial artist, honestly... :shifty:

BrianAllenAptJ

Post by BrianAllenAptJ »

I heard so much about this I decided to join also. I might lurk for a while though.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

BrianAllenAptJ wrote:I heard so much about this I decided to join also. I might lurk for a while though.
Welcome to the club, Brian! Pull up a chair, lurk all you want, speak up when you want. It's all good, bro.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BrianAllenAptJ

Post by BrianAllenAptJ »

Yeah you have said this is where the fun is so I put on my party hat.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

To extend ERV's usual welcome.... would you like a Mountain Dew, or a Crab Juice?

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Well after reading this so many times, I have to ask, is there any evidence that Neiwert would not be a baboon?

I used to read him via Atrios, but I gave up years ago. He struck me even then as one of those guys on your side that you kind of wonder about. A lot of political correctness. A lot of bullying.

BrianAllenAptJ

Post by BrianAllenAptJ »

MMMMMM Delicious Crab Juice.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

BrianAllenAptJ wrote:I heard so much about this I decided to join also. I might lurk for a while though.
Woohoo!!!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

welch

Post by welch »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Got this emailed to me. Presumably from Ed's blog

http://www.alstefanelli.com/oolon.jpg
Oolon's bored. I wouldn't play his game right, so now he's trying to get Ed to play.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

somedumbguy wrote:
Well after reading this so many times, I have to ask, is there any evidence that Neiwert would not be a baboon?

I used to read him via Atrios, but I gave up years ago. He struck me even then as one of those guys on your side that you kind of wonder about. A lot of political correctness. A lot of bullying.
No idea where he would stand on the All Important Schism, but he focuses mostly on right-wing eliminationist rhetoric. I wasn't aware of his being very PC or bullying. He spent the last year or so on sabbatical from writing Orcinus. Way back when he kind of sort of disagreed with my bluff-calling tactics, but I attributed that to people generally being sticks-in-the-mud compared to yours truly.

Now Mark Twain, do you think he would be pro-pickles in tuna salad or anti-pickles in tuna salad?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JackRayner wrote: Men's Rights and anti-Feminism seem to be picking up steam, as evidenced by how bat-shit feminists seem to be going over these topics, but I'm still kind of pessimistic about things...kinda still leaning towards the MGTOW side of things, though I'm in support of men's rights activism. For the time being the stuff that I share or bring up with the majority of the people that I know is the easier to follow stuff. Kinda worried that the failure of people to get the higher brow stuff [jury nullification, for example] could get me labeled a sexist, misogynistic, rape-supporting, woman beating pedophile before I even get a chance to establish myself as a commercial artist, honestly... :shifty:
We did not get into the current situation overnight, and it would be unrealistic to expect us to get out of it in the short term. My long term view is around 100 years.

Meanwhile, the gender feminists are churning out genuine misogynists right now due to their grip within institutions (e.g. Universitys) and professions (such as teaching, social work) .

It is a structural problem that will lead to the reordering of the current societal system as we know it. Expect some pretty significant societal changes in around 40 years.

I am pretty confident that some of them will be very unpleasant, no matter what side of the fence they are viewed from.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Mykeru wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:

No idea where he would stand on the All Important Schism, but he focuses mostly on right-wing eliminationist rhetoric. I wasn't aware of his being very PC or bullying. He spent the last year or so on sabbatical from writing Orcinus. Way back when he kind of sort of disagreed with my bluff-calling tactics, but I attributed that to people generally being sticks-in-the-mud compared to yours truly.

Now Mark Twain, do you think he would be pro-pickles in tuna salad or anti-pickles in tuna salad?
I don't know about Mark, but I am pro-pickles in tuna salad, though I call it relish.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Darren

Post by Darren »

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

decius

Post by decius »

Thanks, Reap and everyone on the show.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Reap wrote:Credit to OOdie Smith for this picture of a poor victim with no friends...boo hoo
http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/poorgreg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0Bl4p.png

BrianAllenAptJ

Post by BrianAllenAptJ »

woo hoo had a great time talking to some of the other.... "pitters?" .. wait are members here called anything? I have heard misogynists but i don't think that fits the membership list. Anyway, fun time recording a podcast tonight with Reap and Al and about 5-7 other people from here you folks are already awesome/.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I quite like pitters. Better than being "the pits". Hahaha.

With all these radio shows and bloggers on here we could wind up with our own skeptic network. Hahahah.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

rayshul wrote:I quite like pitters. Better than being "the pits". Hahaha.

With all these radio shows and bloggers on here we could wind up with our own skeptic network. Hahahah.
That's actually not a bad idea.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Not quite last one:
psychiatrist - Copy.jpg
(49.44 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

I always like "Pit Crew," personally.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

I joined at an odd time apparently. Here I was expecting (as far as A+ puts it) the greatest hive of scum and villainy I'd ever find and instead... well, at the moment it looks like a 4chan franchise location. I gather that changes at random, so this should be a fun place.

BrianAllenAptJ

Post by BrianAllenAptJ »

Al Stefanelli wrote:

That's actually not a bad idea.
I think this is already a network. But I am always willing to do more shows on Apartment J

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

franc

Post by franc »

AchronTimeless wrote:I joined at an odd time apparently. Here I was expecting (as far as A+ puts it) the greatest hive of scum and villainy I'd ever find and instead... well, at the moment it looks like a 4chan franchise location. I gather that changes at random, so this should be a fun place.
Sigh, ok. But this is the last time -

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 556600.jpg

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

hah. Not up on the community jokes or I'd be firing up gimp =)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

AchronTimeless wrote:hah. Not up on the community jokes or I'd be firing up gimp =)
Start at page number one and read until present. That'll get you caught up.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

franc

Post by franc »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Feck. Spelling fail...

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Lsuoma I need info on all this, some of this stuff I dont get. Email please? < 3

Dan

Post by Dan »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

While there’s been a fair amount of water under the bridge since this request from Mykeru - who seems about to be canonized or crucified or both, I figure that I would respond to it in any case even if just to keep the books straight:
Mykeru wrote:
Steersman wrote: If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
Usually I let your crap slide because it's obvious your strong point isn't paying attention to details that don't feed your confirmation bias for whatever point you are trying to tug out your ass.
“Confirmation bias” seems to be a common failing, even in this neck of the woods, albeit less so.
Mykeru wrote:I have no idea where you got the notion that I pointed to my name on my blog in my Tweets, initiating or otherwise, but again, details isn't what you are good at. What I refer to was the FTB effort to dig through internet archives. I never said the name was on the current version of my blog.
Speaking of “confirmation bias”, you might actually do me the courtesy of actually reading what I’ve written instead of what fits into “whatever point you’re trying to tug out of your ass”. I didn’t say that you “pointed to [your] name on [your] blog”, only that your name is readily available on your blog, directly or indirectly, which you acknowledged by pointing to where and how it was available:

http://i47.tinypic.com/35hg2zm.jpg

And, looking at those tweets again, I would say that you tweeting “it’s on my website copyright, genius” qualifies as you “pointing to [your] name on [your] blog in [your] tweets”. In addition, while you didn’t specify there whether you were referring to the current or old version of your blog, a post by John Welch and your response there seems to justify the conclusion that it had been the current one, although it doesn’t seem to be there now.
Mykeru wrote:Again, this may be too nuanced for your level of pompous stupidity, but saying that someone who was obviously spending a lot of time and effort digging for it and was thwarted by their own incompetence isn't the same thing as it being "readily available".
While this may be not obvious enough to make it through the brain fog caused by the frequent venting of your spleen, the aforementioned post by Welch is likely to convince most that that information was in fact “readily available”. Unless you wish to try arguing that his “incompetence” is only marginal or that he only found the information through blind luck.
Mykeru wrote:You know nothing about the sort of right wing loons [who] doxed me back then, and how they scared the shit out of my then wife who didn't take the "your wife (all 5'2' and 100 lbs of her) would be easy to spot" remarks in the light-hearted manner in which they were intended.
Truly sorry to hear that; and more power to you in your efforts to cut them off at the knees – figuratively speaking, of course – and likewise with the “left wing loons” who seem to have found a home in feminism: canons to the left of us, canons to the right. However, I’m not sure it is particularly wise or justified for our “point men” or women – our leaders or shapers of opinion – to be trying to hide behind cloaks of anonymity: cases in point, while not at all exhaustive, justifying the contrary being Benson, Coyne, Dawkins, Kirby, Maltseva, Myers, Pigliucci, Stefanelli, Vacula, Zvan, etc., etc., etc.

In addition, I tend to the view, if not totally committed to it, that the public has a right to know the names of people who act in the public sphere. Which is why I’m more than just a little sympathetic to A Voice for Men recently “outing”/doxing the protester(s) at the University of Toronto. Although I rather wonder how Girl Writes What – who was, if I’m not mistaken, somewhat bent out of shape over the prospect of having her name revealed – felt about those efforts by A Voice for Men. And I am likewise sympathetic to the Pit “revealing” Brownian’s real name and you that of “Creepy Bitter Girl’s”.

However – where the wicket gets a little stickier is, to mix metaphors, when the chickens come home to roost – when the principle one champions is applied to one’s own actions: more specifically, the revealing of your name by Greg Laden. While I’ll readily agree that the publishing of a previous address of yours was a decidedly stupid if not criminal act, it seems to me that the Creepy Bitter Girl case – in spite of your “legal notice” [@14:50] which seems little more than a “hail mary pass” – is of a piece with the Laden case and with all of the other cases: “committing illegal and unethical acts doesn’t mean [anyone] has or deserves anonymity.” Sauce for the goose; sauce for the gander. Otherwise a charge of hypocrisy seems rather credible and likely to stick.
Mykeru wrote:Fuck you.
And fuck you too. [Was it good for you too?] If you wish to give the appearance, at least, of being almost as much of a dickhead as the caricature of Laden by acting hypocritically then expect to get called on it.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

astrokid.nj

Post by astrokid.nj »

DownThunder wrote: This is the worn-thin argument template that has been used:
1. Try to change people's behaviour/opinion on trivial issue X.
2. Misogyny is serious, state that issue X is misogyny
3. Trivial issue X becomes serious.
It does often work, but only part of the time. The other result that they did not factor in is the opposite effect - the word misogyny loses its impact.
My understanding is that this is part of a larger strategy by some segments of the political left in the US.. to shutdown the opposition through intimidation. It apparently started in the colleges sometime in the 80s or 90s.
College Professor Censors Anti-Obama Comment on Free Speech Wall
The Atlantic's Wendy Kaminer on Free Speech, Hate Speech, and Anti-Bullying Laws
Tammy Bruce explained this in her 2002 book.. The New Thought Police: 30 min lecture + 1+ hr Q&A.. brilliant, well worth the time
Ms. Bruce talked about her book, The New Thought Police: Inside the Left’s Assault on Free Speech and Free Minds, published by Prima Publishing. The book discusses the Left’s impact on cultural issues in the United States. Ms. Bruce argues that the Left has created an environment in which legislation is used to control how people think and McCarthyite tactics are used to destroy those who express politically incorrect ideas. She discusses the cases of radio host Dr. Laura Schlesinger, Politically Incorrect host Bill Mahr, and murder victims Matthew Shepard and Daphne Sulk. Ms. Bruce also talks about her own experience working within the liberal organizations that she now criticizes. Ms. Bruce answered questions following her remarks.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Dan

Post by Dan »

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Cracks me up to see them referring to "the sex tape", apparently in all seriousness, instead of ignoring it & waving it off as parody.

Next thing you know, references to that video will come up on google searches of "greg laden stephanie zvan sex tape".

Oh, wait. It already brings up Stephanie's post which contains at least 2 links to the tape for all to see. But maybe that's what they want, giving another big stir to the pot of outrage.

(Add "mykeru" to the search phrase & up pops a still from the video on a google image search.)

Darren

Post by Darren »

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Uh, Jim? I think we found one of your crown jewels. Looks like it rolled down here into the 'pit after your last run-in with Zvan. It got kinda dried up; sorry 'bout that, man. But you'll be glad to hear it's still as fiesty as ever.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

So, I finally got around to watching Christina Hoff Sommers doing a talk on the "War Against Boys", and she quotes Camille Paglia near the end. Anywho, I've been on Paglia's Wikiquote page for the past hour and a half and.....GODDAMN! WHY AM I JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS WOMAN?!

I don't agree with every thing she says, but goddamn! GODDAMN! :clap:

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
50 posts per page, 760 pages = 38,000 posts. Sir, you greatly overestimate how much effort I'm willing to put into this.

I'm more a "learn as I go" kinda girl anyway.

franc

Post by franc »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
50 posts per page, 760 pages = 38,000 posts. Sir, you greatly overestimate how much effort I'm willing to put into this.

The search thread box is pretty good. Might also point you to Phawrongula -

http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Phawrongula_Wiki

Shocking isn't it? No one yelling at you for being a n00b.

franc

Post by franc »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:

Oh, and the bald prick with glasses, that's Greg "men are testosterone damaged women" Laden, the world's smartest man without a Wikipedia entry.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Oddly, never really had a problem with that. I have a knack for jumping in and running with it most the time. I knew better than to join the thoughtcrime reprogramming guild over on FTB, because I knew the welcome I'd receive as soon as a few details about me were found out.

Funny thing is, though I've mostly stayed out of the whole mess, even I have had a random personal attack from PZ on an unrelated issue. Was mentioning it and heard this is where I come to collect my t-shirt. So, here I am =)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:

There’s definitely been a lot of ground covered. As franc indicated, the Phawrongula Wiki does give some background as does some of the archive pages on Scented Nectar’s site [archive here]. But at some point after you have skimmed at least some of that I found that the best way is just to dive in at the deep end and start commenting - even if some aren't happy about answering questions. And then search those sites - and previous comments - for requisite fill-in material as required.

Welcome aboard; and good luck. :-)

Dan

Post by Dan »

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

AchronTimeless wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:

You'll catch on quick, probably. Jump in the fucking deep end and start swimming. If you get too lost, ask questions, and we'll probably answer them. You may get called a fucking idiot, but that's just how we show affection around here. Except for Phil. He's actually a fucking idiot. We forgive him because he's Fretalian and has a sexy accent, though.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Steersman wrote: There’s definitely been a lot of ground covered.
Yeah, I caught wind of all this around "elevatorgate", declared it to be insanity, and figured it'd burn itself out in a few weeks. Imagine my shock.
Steersman wrote: Welcome aboard; and good luck. :-)
Appreciate it, I'll need a fair bit. As much as the books/movie annoyed me, have to say I'm fond of "may the odds be ever in your favor" since the luck thing gets complicated with people's personal interpretations.

Still want a recurve bow though...