Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
windy

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by windy »

rayshul wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.
But it's just a bit sad now. Because he's 54 and he's not very good at the whole writing-thing and he feels like he should be a figure of pity. I don't react to people shouting on the street unless I think they're going to get into a dangerous situation, it feels like the same kind of thing.
He's a TROLL, he's been doing this for years and he's very good at it (getting reactions from people by making nonsensical statements and insinuations). Call out the threats but I don't see the point of feeding him for the other crap. Like the pit bull and gun comment, how much more transparent trolling you can get?
Pitchquest wrote:My shock and disgust is so encompassing at that comment, I resort to using a gif of Marky Mark to describe it. A definite sign we're going in the opposite direction of progress.
Like Marky says in that movie, "there are forces at work beyond our understanding".

Zvan has defended Laden calling women bitches. Zvan has banned people from her blog for pointing out something unethical Greg did. When Laden's email to Justin Griffiths was revealed, Zvan defended it by comparing Greg to a bullied kid (that was the worst analogy in the history of worst analogies.) At this point it would be more shocking if she didn't do it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.
Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.
You two had me howling with that exchange. Just saying.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.
You two had me howling with that exchange. Just saying.
“We’ll be here all week, folks. Be sure to tip the waitress on the way out.” ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Skep Tickle ... And please refrain from using "Montoya". It seems some people are pop-culture deficient and could be baffled by such obscure references, you Princess Brideist!
:banana-guitar: :-D
Did I get that right? I'm working on trolling A+
A+ ….

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Steersman wrote: “We’ll be here all week, folks. Be sure to tip the waitress on the way out.” ;-)
The correct phrasing would be "try the waitress, tip the veal", IIRC...

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gefan wrote: Regarding Laden, "drive someone to Stephalump" should become part of the lexicon. Also, I don't think he will, as Mykeru put it, "put a bullet through his brain" because I very much doubt he's that good a shot.
Just a note of caution: Be very careful how you quote people, considering the opposition are deceitful quote-mining opportunists.

I referred to Greg Laden putting a bullet through his own brain when someone raised the possibility that pressing Greg Laden could cause him to go off the deep end. Without fully quoting what I actually wrote to provide that context, you can see how one of those scumbags could quote that to imply I made a threat. Their narrative is based on making those claims and they don't need any help from us in doing it.

Look at what Laden wrote about my doing terrible things to people on the internet, this is communual reinforcement bullshit. Like the Myers critiques of AVfM, these claim always come without specific examples, as if Greg Laden's word alone is enough verification for anyone.

What's more, take these claims in context of the ongoing effort to run people out of the movement on a rail based on bullshit claims of "threats". See what happens with this the next time a conference rolls around. Do you think Greg Laden, after all this crap, assumes he and I are going to be bumping into each other at TAM?

No, he will do everything to make sure the only people who can attend are properly vetted FTB minions.
Outwest wrote:I don't beg from others and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I have been in dire circumstances once or twice in my life. I do have empathy for others. Just not these.

I should mention when my computer died I appreciate the offers from people to donate money to fix me up.

Steersman

Re: Greg Laden & Sexism

Post by Steersman »

Posted on Greg Laden’s Blog relative to “Sexism: Scaring the Good Ones Away”:

So, only the bad ones join the movement? [rhetorical question]

But I generally agree with your argument and I’ve frequently deplored the character-assassination and vituperative language, and worse, that seems “to go with the territory” of questioning “conventional wisdom”. You really “had me” at least sympathizing with your presentation – right up until you asserted that the only reason for Harriet Hall’s t-shirt was to make some “person feel bad” which has to take the cake for making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Tends to raise a question of two about how many other holes there might be in the rest of the argument.

But that case is, I think, the tip of the iceberg which seems to consist of a rather remarkable blindness to the possibility that FTB/Skepchick/AtheismPlus/GregLaden might actually be wrong on a point or two. For instance, PZ Myers made a great show of opening the doors to his place to discuss the question “why do you despise feminism?”. Yet when a SlymePitter shows up – Skep Tickle – with a quite reasonable comment, the horde descends on her like a phalanx of T-cells ready to isolate some gram-negative bacterium. The upshot of which was PZ banning her – “with extreme prejudice”, without so much as a reference to her comments – simply on the basis that she is a slymepitter – and one who hasn’t posted much there either so she can’t have been that badly tainted yet. Not something that adds much lustre to PZ’s reputation as a skeptic – or as an honest broker.

In addition, there is Ophelia Benson’s tweeted claim that “connecting the word ‘feminism’ with the word ‘virulent’ … is misogyny”. Yet she seems remarkably loath to consider, as one example of many, evidence such as the female protesters at the University of Toronto who attempted to harass those who wished to hear a speaker on men’s rights – which led to the “doxing” of several of the women responsible for virtually the same reason – harassment – that you’ve doxed Mykeru.

And then there’s Sally Strange who concedes that “the few isolated good points that MRAs have are indeed good points” yet turns around and repudiates that position when pressed. And PZ with his suggestion that of those who criticize feminism, virtually “everyone of them has the name Marc Lepine”. That isn’t rationality and skepticism but demagoguery and dogma speaking.

Methinks there’s some rather selective and quite problematic blindness from your neck of the woods which, if it doesn’t justify all of the criticisms from the Pit it certainly underwrites a lot of it. You guys and gals all might want to consider that you’ve got a log, a beam, or two in your own eyes before waving a knife about in an effort to exise a mote or two in your brothers’ and sisters’. That there are whackos on both sides of this divide should not lead the saner ones on each to the conclusion that the other side consists solely of those whackos.
 

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Nice bit of bullshit from the Pharyngula comment section:
I have to say I’m amazed. From Shermer to Hoggle, there seems to be a large number of atheists who just cannot wrap their heads around the simple fact that women are people, and when it is pointed out to them that this is so, they start screaming and calling those who dare to point it out to them “anti-man” and “anti-”, it’s truly a thing of wonder.
Source: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-519716

It's odd how the "skeptics" who comment on that blog are happy to let moronic comments like that go by unchecked.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment.
I certainly got a bit of chuckle out of it, although more of an "ouch", but I wonder if you would call it a “gentle ribbing” if you were the target - repeatedly, if the allusion was to you and a friend? But even the definition gives some justification for the characterization:
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.
She's the one allowing it to get under her skin. She's wearing herself out reading his tweets.

It is not "harassment"

just like when the Baboons say things to me like go back to cybersucking hogglecock and numerous other references over years about sex with franc that is always in some form or another "angry sex", or being proud to be letting someone fuck me who pays for cam girls, or hates women, or is a scat fetishist, or I'm too stupid to realise I am nothing but a piece of meat as far as franc is concerned, and if not franc, it's slut-shaming, by saying I must be STD central, or asking how many cocks I've sucked, or how stretched out I must be, or that I allow myself to be used for sex in order to "be accepted by the blokes" or whatever they think might get a reaction from me. *yawn* That's just a small sampling of the attempts. Every single mention has been far more aggressive and detailed than anything Mykeru has written.

Let me tell you. It isn't harassment, and it does not even faze me.

I'm not getting threatening personal emails, I'm not getting letters by post, not getting telephone calls, or telegrams, I'm not getting my tits grabbed when I walk by.
It's always announced in a conspicuous place in order to maximise the shame I am supposed to feel, and to have an audience see the defensive, angry, emotional reaction I'm supposed to have, which in turn would give them my power, and they could gloat about winning.

I keep waiting for one of them to be better at the game.

Zvan isn't even a challenge to Mykeru. It's such an easy win. She has to be offended and outraged, let everyone know she is being victimised so they can run to defend her honour. After all, sex was mentioned and her pussy is sacred. "What if people believe him and think I would have sex in front of a camera!" Her posting of so many of his "sex tape with Laden" tweets on a blog post about Mykeru's sex tape with laden "harassment" almost makes one wonder if he was spot on.

She is harassing herself.

Zvan, grow a fucking thicker skin, and stop caring about what others might think of you. Your "honor" is no more worthy of respect than anyone else's. You are not a special snowflake, princess.
When a stranger having a go, by tweeting about a sex tape you never made, gets under your skin that easily, where you are emotional and reactive and hand over your power publicly, including fucking re-posting the tweets so that tonnes more people can see them and have a laugh, it's not Mykeru who has the problem.

and can she be any more of the derrogatory stereotypical chick? emotional, defensive, angry, puritan, and claiming to be a victim in order to get sympathy. truly pathetic.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

So, PZ writes a blog post inviting people to give reasons why they're anti-Feminist. Skeptixx gives a reasonable reply and instead of answering any of her points PZ bans her because she posts on this forum.

What the hell?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

jjbinx007 wrote:Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

So, PZ writes a blog post inviting people to give reasons why they're anti-Feminist. Skeptixx gives a reasonable reply and instead of answering any of her points PZ bans her because she posts on this forum.

What the hell?
Welcome to the weird world of FC(n)*.

*Fainting Couch (Unresolved number as they seem to fluctuate quite often)

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Hey let's start a pool! Which of the FTBers will be the next to beg for money? Oddly my money would've been on JT if were still there. I mean his girlfriend's body parts are going to just fall off by themselves are they? So now I have to go with the Countess Svan Zepplin, although I can see Thibideedoodah's student loans coming up.

cunt

Post by cunt »

jjbinx007 wrote:Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

What the hell?
Then he posts another blog declaring victory. It's all played for the crowd.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Is PZ Myers really a scientist?

He wants to find out if there are valid objections against the brand of feminism practised by his commentariat and himself (let’s call this FTB feminism). The null hypothesis is that there are no valid objections. How does he proceed?

1. He defines feminism as "equality for men and women and opposition to cultural institutions that perpetuate inequities” and pretends, disingenuously, that this is equal to FTB feminism.

2. He opens a comment thread asking people to explain their objections to ‘feminism’ (as defined sub 1), thereby setting up a straw man that few people would want to attack.

3. To further encourage those people, he compares them to cockroaches.

4. He pre-bans a large subclass of people (those who comment on the Slymepit), thus introducing even more bias.

5. Very few people bother to post objections.*

6. PZ Myers accepts the null hypothesis:
760+ comments, and not one could present a reasonable argument: no explanation for why they oppose feminism, no evidence that feminism is bad, but lots of non sequiturs and emotionalism. I’m beginning to think that this anti-feminism stuff resembles a religious cult, and doesn’t belong in either skepticism or atheism.
My conclusions:

7. PZ Myers is a lousy scientist and once more confirms the cult status of his own crowd.

* The reasons for this are almost certainly:

a. Hardly anybody objects to feminism as defined sub 1.
b. People who object to FTB feminism are either put off by the set up (see 2 & 3) or were pre-banned (see 4).

Materials and methods:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -feminism/

Conclusions:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Stupid Myers. Blithering Myers. Funny-as-fuck Myers. From his blogpost about how he winz because the people he banned couldn't come and argue against his particular take on feminism:
That fringe mob of people screaming at FtB because they’re so danged feminist aren’t rational.
And a blog network whose owner and one of the contributors has to beg online for money is what? Not fringe? :lol:
Maybe I should take that back. Stephanie has just posted a series of twitter comments rationally rebutting her ideology.

<reads comments; views animated gifs>

Whoops, no. I think my opinion of them just plummeted further, something I hadn’t thought possible.
What ideology is this, Peezee? The one where Greg Laden can never, ever do anything wrong like evah? You know, like Jesus, or Muhammad, or Rebecca Watson, or something?

And there were no animated gifs on that page, either.

You're seeing things that aren't there, Peez - if I were you, I'd stop being Becky's diaper (in that you're full of shit and hang around her arse all the time) because I reckon the fumes from her hair dye must be getting to you.

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

katamari Damassi wrote:Hey let's start a pool! Which of the FTBers will be the next to beg for money? Oddly my money would've been on JT if were still there. I mean his girlfriend's body parts are going to just fall off by themselves are they? So now I have to go with the Countess Svan Zepplin, although I can see Thibideedoodah's student loans coming up.
I reckon the Crommunist will be needing a party pack of very expensive anti-retrovirals pretty soon.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I may add that a large part, probably the great majority, of the 760+ comments were written by PZ's sycophants.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge. Seems timely to remind Myers of John the Others offer which he has not responded to as yet -

http://www.avoiceformen.com/video/remin ... pz-meyers/

Myers the hero - no wonder JTO terrifies him. He has to fly home to the safety of Buttfuck Minnesota just to gather enough nerve to harass a small time gelato vendor.

Myers, you are a liar, a charlatan, a fraud, but above all else, an inconsequential chickenshit. You do the community proud. Not to mention, you are also god's gift to the loopy religious right.
Well, not that this outcome was hard to predict, but I'll brag anyway - did I call that or what? Creationist-style debate tactics par excellence by PZ.

I never went to that post, and I don't know how many people from here took Peezus up on his insincere trap of an offer. But any who did go (and I think at least one or two did) shouldn't have. Of course no matter what anyone said, he was going to gloat and ridicule, say no one brought any decent points up and dance around in front of all his grubby worshipers... just like the creationist leaders he learned this trick from. What the hell else did anyone expect from that dishonest fuck? Actual debate? Honest discussion? Serious consideration of points made by us? Really?

If anyone here did participate in that nonsense, hope y'all learned something. Re-read what Welch said about NMDs if you're not sure.

<giordana>Sorry so snippy. I'm quite cranky this morning.</giordana>

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Darren wrote:

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge.
Oh, I remember this. This was the "challenge" in which 'pytters were disqualified from partipating, right?
Actually, from screenshots etc. posted here, I'm thinking a couple Pitters posted before PZ realized they were from here.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

FUCK YOU CUNT!!! (sympathises)

Seriously, though, Skep Tickle was the only one to partake, and I would argue she did well, her banning being the best testimony of Myers' hypocrisy.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:Stupid Myers. Blithering Myers. Funny-as-fuck Myers. From his blogpost about how he winz because the people he banned couldn't come and argue against his particular take on feminism...
He's taken his victory lap all the way over to Ophelia's, where he's trawling for strokes with his reliably killer "li'l ol' me" schtick again.

http://i.imgur.com/hgnkq.png

http://i.imgur.com/PbwmE.jpg

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

For the record I refuse to post on the FTB network on the grounds that

a) I don't want my posts altering by the privileged admins

b) posting something on FTB which the hive mind disagrees with soon turns into this:

[youtube][/youtube]

c) If I'm banned for disagreeing with the hive mind (or for the crime of posting on this forum) then I would lose my right to reply and defend myself from the shit flung at me in my absence.

d) By adding comments I would inevitably contribute in some way towards page views, which leads to ad revenue (even if I have adblock installed, many others don't)

Also, if I post to my own blog I don't have the audience that the FTBers do so my thoughts/arguments would not reach as many people.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

sacha wrote:
Zvan isn't even a challenge to Mykeru. It's such an easy win. She has to be offended and outraged, let everyone know she is being victimised so they can run to defend her honour. After all, sex was mentioned and her pussy is sacred. "What if people believe him and think I would have sex in front of a camera!" Her posting of so many of his "sex tape with Laden" tweets on a blog post about Mykeru's sex tape with laden "harassment" almost makes one wonder if he was spot on.
I'm a little in the dark about this, as I don't read FTB crap unless it intrudes on my territory. I treat them like Creationists, they can talk about Jesus riding dinosaurs all they want, it's only when they step on the level playing field of public discourse that they are fair game.

And I will only engage them on a level playing field, something that seems to irritate them to no end. I also don't comment on FTB controlled venues where they can control the discussion by deleting or selectively editing comments.

But in regards to the "Laden/Svan sex tape", which was a one-off joke linking to a gif animation of a small and enthusiastic dog trying to hump a large, indifferent cow, all I can say is this:

That's your "harassment"? After running the "I need to find something I can claim is harassment" playbook you live by, that's all you got?

Stephanie, Justicar even did a video detailing your excusing overt real-world harassment:

[youtube]khPSrx12BFI[/youtube]

So, let me get this straight. A mob of a couple dozen people showing up to menace a lone guy for real, provoke him and tear down his legally posted flyers supporting human rights for everyone while waving around fucking box cutters is just fine, even commendable as far as Stephanie Svan is concerned, but tweeting this as the "Laden/Svan sex tape" is inexcusable, and should be denounced as harassment that is unconscionable in civilized society:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8212/8302 ... 5ba4_z.jpg

Does it even occur to Stephanie Svan that she is not pure in thought and deed and her "it's okay when we do it" attitude may actually have something to do with the mockery laid on her?

No, probably not.

Stephanie, we have all had more than enough time to watch how you, Rebecca Watson and Greg Laden operate and we know exactly where you are going with this "woman harassing misogynist" fabrication you are formulating. I can only suspect that you are telescoping your actual real-world threats as you think the threats alone will be enough to silence people.

It's not.

Seriously, Stephanie, your hypocrisy is epic in its scope and you can go fuck yourself with your self-serving victim-hood narrative. You and Greg Laden are just a couple of internet crackpots flailing away wildly as you watch the ground shrink under you from your own intolerance, hypocrisy, and need to control through passive-aggressive, and outright aggressive horseshit.

I tremble in fear in my spider-hole as you prepare to file an official "Butt-hurt on the Internet" complaint and scramble the flying monkeys.

Nah, just kidding. I'm going to make fun of you some more.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

OK I screwed up the Youtube link. It's basically a load of Agent Smiths fighting Neo, but you could also imagine what the maximum number of 5 year olds you could take on at once and win.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Steersman wrote:I would consider Mykeru’s frequent posting and reference to the “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” over quite a lengthy period of time as harassment
Please document this "lengthy period of time" of which you speak because as I remember it, it was one day.

But then again, I'm just the guy who posted it and so can only give a subjective unreliable narrator account without the advantage of your apparent effortless omniscience.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

jjbinx007 wrote:Nice bit of bullshit from the Pharyngula comment section:
I have to say I’m amazed. From Shermer to Hoggle, there seems to be a large number of atheists who just cannot wrap their heads around the simple fact that women are people, and when it is pointed out to them that this is so, they start screaming and calling those who dare to point it out to them “anti-man” and “anti-”, it’s truly a thing of wonder.
Source: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-519716

It's odd how the "skeptics" who comment on that blog are happy to let moronic comments like that go by unchecked.
They're not skeptics, they're cult members who suckle at the teat of the narrative provided by people like PZ and Watson. Cult members never, ever think for themselves.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

What the hell?
Because the offer to discuss was insincere. No one from here should have taken PZ up on his "offer".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tapir wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Hey let's start a pool! Which of the FTBers will be the next to beg for money? Oddly my money would've been on JT if were still there. I mean his girlfriend's body parts are going to just fall off by themselves are they? So now I have to go with the Countess Svan Zepplin, although I can see Thibideedoodah's student loans coming up.
I reckon the Crommunist will be needing a party pack of very expensive anti-retrovirals pretty soon.
Hahaha. Damn you, Half-Fish!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Jan Steen wrote:I may add that a large part, probably the great majority, of the 760+ comments were written by PZ's sycophants.
Of course. The whole exercise was nothing but bread and circuses provided by Emperor PeeZed for the Colosseum commentariat crowd.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
FUCK YOU CUNT!!! (sympathises)

Seriously, though, Skep Tickle was the only one to partake, and I would argue she did well, her banning being the best testimony of Myers' hypocrisy.
Haha. Sorry, couldn't resist.

OK, only one. I figured maybe more had tried, maybe by using new aliases. However, it doesn't matter how well one does in situations like this. It was a trap, nothing more. Welch had it right. There's no point in playing the game either by normal rules or their rules. We do much better here and on the wider internet, mocking them, laughing at them, and posting fuck-tons of evidence against them that they can deny all day but can't refute. That's how we take their dishonest rhetorical weaponry from them. The moment we take them seriously enough to actually try to engage them, they go into creationist game-playing mode. Best to leave them just angrily shaking their fists at nothing.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

jjbinx007 wrote:For the record I refuse to post on the FTB network on the grounds that

a) I don't want my posts altering by the privileged admins

b) posting something on FTB which the hive mind disagrees with soon turns into this:

[youtube][/youtube]

c) If I'm banned for disagreeing with the hive mind (or for the crime of posting on this forum) then I would lose my right to reply and defend myself from the shit flung at me in my absence.

d) By adding comments I would inevitably contribute in some way towards page views, which leads to ad revenue (even if I have adblock installed, many others don't)

Also, if I post to my own blog I don't have the audience that the FTBers do so my thoughts/arguments would not reach as many people.
Agreed. And the vid is apropos. Bunch of wannabe Agent Smith clones.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

jjbinx007 wrote:OK I screwed up the Youtube link. It's basically a load of Agent Smiths fighting Neo, but you could also imagine what the maximum number of 5 year olds you could take on at once and win.
I was going to post my favourite xmas music video anyways, so I'll use it as the example in A Youtube Embedding Tutorial:

A youtube video url will come in two different types. The kind with the video code at the end, and the kind with the code in the middle. You need to strip off this extra stuff before putting the code (alone) between the youtube tags.

Here are two different urls going to the same video:

Code: Select all

code at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cjXModWpA

and code in the middle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cjXModWpA&list=FLGfAOgQRByLDu5xejATsjDw
Always get rid of everything up to and including, the first (or only) equal sign "=".
The stuff after it is the code, but note in the second example, there is extra stuff after the code.
The extra stuff after always begins with an "&" followed by whatever extra stuff.
Strip off the &'s and the extra stuff following at the end.

To sum it up, just keep the part between the first "=" and the first "&" (if there is one).

We are left with just the code: 23cjXModWpA so...

Code: Select all

Now put that inside youtube tags:
[youtube]23cjXModWpA[/youtube]
The above tag and code will become this when posted:

[youtube]23cjXModWpA[/youtube]

Reap

Post by Reap »

Ha ha PZ like a bird that keeps running into windows because they cant tell they are closed

http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/pzloses.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Scented Nectar wrote:I was going to post my favourite xmas music video anyways
It's crassmass here now -

[youtube]bOodGETbGmA[/youtube]

Reap

Post by Reap »

Gumby wrote:

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge. Seems timely to remind Myers of John the Others offer which he has not responded to as yet -

http://www.avoiceformen.com/video/remin ... pz-meyers/

Myers the hero - no wonder JTO terrifies him. He has to fly home to the safety of Buttfuck Minnesota just to gather enough nerve to harass a small time gelato vendor.

Myers, you are a liar, a charlatan, a fraud, but above all else, an inconsequential chickenshit. You do the community proud. Not to mention, you are also god's gift to the loopy religious right.
Well, not that this outcome was hard to predict, but I'll brag anyway - did I call that or what? Creationist-style debate tactics par excellence by PZ.

I never went to that post, and I don't know how many people from here took Peezus up on his insincere trap of an offer. But any who did go (and I think at least one or two did) shouldn't have. Of course no matter what anyone said, he was going to gloat and ridicule, say no one brought any decent points up and dance around in front of all his grubby worshipers... just like the creationist leaders he learned this trick from. What the hell else did anyone expect from that dishonest fuck? Actual debate? Honest discussion? Serious consideration of points made by us? Really?

If anyone here did participate in that nonsense, hope y'all learned something. Re-read what Welch said about NMDs if you're not sure.

I expected exactly what happened. Thats why I posted. You don't convince people that someone is peddling bullshit by being quiet. This forum is useful but PZ's comment section is still the best place to reach people who will see he is an idiot. They will see it even faster if others are echoing their thoughts. If someone who reads the post says to themselves "Hey PZ just said something lame" Then they read the comments and no one makes a single noise about it. That person might think "Well maybe he is right , after all no one called him on it" His readers are not all morons and the majority don't really buy into his brand of skepticism/feminism I'm betting. If he keeps up like he is then he will shrivel up. Once his readership dips (like it already has) he will get discouraged and we will see the number of posts go down. Win.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Reap wrote:Ha ha PZ like a bird that keeps running into windows because they cant tell they are closed

http://reapsowradio.com/graphics/pzloses.jpg
I see that this triggered the Nerd of Redhead macro at Pharyngula.

Philip of Tealand

Post by Philip of Tealand »

I'd just like to wish you all the most recklessly outrageous Xmas I could possibly muster with this much Tea inside me!

Catch you in the New Year

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Skep tickle wrote:Anyone know if Ed smokes or used to smoke? On his blog he suggested maybe a fungal infection or sarcoidosis, but enlarged lymph nodes in the chest & a bunch of fluid where it really shouldn't be in a middle-age white westerner is probably more likely to be lung cancer.
I was thinking congestive heart failure, but that wouldn't explain the lymph nodes. No idea whether Ed was/is a smoker, though. He might be in denial about his health status too ... the possible causes he gave could happen to anyone regardless of lifestyle, as opposed to coronary artery disease and hypertension sequelae, which are usually (not always, of course) the result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices.

Cynical bitch that I am, I'm putting the "open heart surgery" description in the same category as Greta's repetition of "cancer surgery" = more dramatic effect in the context of begging for donations.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BarnOwl wrote:which are usually (not always, of course) the result of poor dietary and lifestyle choices.
Which, as hateful victim blaming, puts the ideologically pure Social Justice Warrior firmly on the side of McDonalds and Phillip Morris.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...

curious lurker

Post by curious lurker »

As usual, not being a dedicated Internet follower of much of anything, I'm going to bang through the screen door way late on this; it's in reference to the "PZ did/didn't say belief in God should be punishable by death" statement quoted by a poster on The Why Evolution is True site a couple of weeks ago.

I'd been somewhat curious about where the WEIT poster could have sourced the alleged quote from (they initially said they might have encountered it on the old ERV thread, which turned out not to be the case). In any event, after a little diligent (read: dilatory) searching every now and again, I think I may have found a possible source:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 4169,d.eWU

Don't bore yourself to death reading the entire thing, but early on in a comments debate between a poster named Robin Z. and another bloke called Andy, Andy asserts that he has read Myers statement to that effect (along with a statement allegedly also made by Myers that anyone who espouses belief in god should be denied the chance to become a graduate student). Andy intimates, but doesn't state directly, that he read both of these statements of Myers' on the Pharyngula FtB site, but that Myers subsequently deleted them, and therefore he's been unable to locate them on a Google search. I've done a search using the phrase 'pz myers says belief in god should be punishable by death', but haven't found anything more direct than this particular link.

Who the hell knows if Andy is lying or not, but the link is of some interest for being the likely place the WEIT poster sourced the supposed Myers quote from, thus raising a mini-shitstorm on Jerry's site.

Can't be arsed to post this to Jerry's blog myself, but if anyone else has any wish to do so, feel free.

Please excuse this brief interruption and return to regular programming, guys. ;)

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

FtBers asking for donations for their "health scares." No accountability or oversight on how the funds are used. I'm not saying these health scares didn't happen, but its strange to me that upper class, educated whites as privileged as they are can't go to their families, their savings accounts, or that they don't have better health coverage.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I'm sorry, Steers, but have you gone senile? You know as well as I do that Vacula didn't post Amy's address as a malevolent act. He posted it in light of an accusation that he'd counter-DMCA to get her address.
So then intent is now magic again? I can never keep track of when it is and when it isn’t, although I do notice that in virtually all cases it tends to be self-serving …. In addition, I don’t recollect there being any text added by JV to unambiguously indicate that he posted it for that reason, at least at the time he posted it. And thanks for reminding me about Browian [AKK, so to speak] – just a little disingenuous to claim that that isn’t doxing when several here did everything but lead people by the hand to the evidence. No difference that I see with what Laden did to find and post Mykeru’s information. And likewise with U of T protesters.
No, it was abundantly clear that was his intent. His only mistake is posting the actual address, instead of merely pointing out where you can find out for yourself.
I can't remember the exact timeline, but if I recall that happened *after* Laden had issued a challenge to Mykeru to reveal his name and address and later calling him a coward when he wouldn't by his rules.
If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
The point isn't that Mykeru's name can be easily found. The point is that Greg was trying to strong-arm Mykeru so they could meet "face to face", but Mykeru didn't play his game. That's a veiled threat if any. It doesn't matter if Mykeru wasn't phased by it or didn't take it seriously, but it does justify the mild mocking and gentle ribbing as a consequence. Still, the principle is the same, no? Don't dox? The exception with Brownian was that he was almost inviting it- he kept going on about how "Ian Brown" isn't his real name, and people are so stupid for not knowing his real name, and his "I bet they can't find out my real name" shtick. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

However, again, Mykeru obviously doesn't care if his name is revealed, the thing he cares about is addresses; which Greg broke the unwritten law and did. Except he fucked up. (The hypocrisy, of course, being Vacula was condemned for the same thing, except he didn't do it out of spite.)
And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment.
I certainly got a bit of chuckle out of it, although more of an "ouch", but I wonder if you would call it a “gentle ribbing” if you were the target - repeatedly, if the allusion was to you and a friend? But even the definition gives some justification for the characterization:
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.
And I seem to recollect that Dawkins was less than impressed from being caricatured when I thought it was no worse than that religious motif one with Benson, Carrier and company; in the eye of the beholder and all that ….
You mean "Dear Muslima"? The response to that wasn't harassment. It was stupid and petty bullshit, sure, but not harassment. I'm sure Dawkins has experienced his fair share of what it means to truly be harassed to conflate the two (he clearly doesn't consider his hate mail on the internet harassment in any way, shape or form, as he gladly reads them out to viewers mocking them).
Fuck sake, according to himself, he's a "large muscular guy" with a viscious pitbull and a gun tucked away in his trousers. With credentials like that, wouldn't you think he'd have a thicker skin?
And you apparently read neither JG’s post nor Laden’s closely enough to notice – maybe some bias? – that that was some very heavy sarcasm. Which, considering the anathematizing of smilies in this neck of the woods, doesn’t seem something you can credibly criticize him for, particularly since he did everything but draw you a picture pointing to that fact:
JG wrote:His tactics are really creepy when you analyze them. He recently posted this:
… I do not regard physical threats as unimportant. It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.
He wants to be quote-mined. He craves having a gotcha moment. He waits for somebody to post that quote without acknowledging his post’s cryptic last sentence. Paraphrased: ”Am I kidding? Hard to say.”
It would take a rather large amount of obtuseness or, at best, significant carelessness (or tiredness) to read that literally as a credible threat.
The image procured for himself, yes. Indeed, intent is magic, and my intent pointing that out was sarcasm. But the point still stands: Greg wants to think of himself as a big man with balls of steel, so you would figure he'd be able to take a hit or two - metaphorically speaking.

[Time for me to call it a day as well; night all. Although, as a postscript, it is quite interesting and amusing to see from your last post that Gilliel and Brownian, at least, are coming down against Greg; at least some consistency.]
Haha. Happy Solstice, Steers! :handgestures-thumbup:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Skep Tickle: How do I look "French"? That's stereotyping alright, you countryist! And please refrain from using "Montoya". It seems some people are pop-culture deficient and could be baffled by such obscure references, you Princess Brideist!

This cesspool of slyme is getting more and more unsafe-space.

Did I get that right? I'm working on trolling A+
I disagree with the Tickler: I think this photograph make you look as though you're having a hard time trying to lay a cable. Thank goodness it doesn't go any lower.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

justinvacula wrote:So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...
Jesus Christ, Justin, but you are thick. How many times does Stefunny and He-Man Greg have to lead by example for you to get it?

It has nothing to do with how easy the information is to find. Do you think going through real estate records to find my ex-wife's old address was easy?

No, it's only okay if the right person does it, who knows the right people and is on the Right Side of History.

No wonder you were unable to conform to the glorious FreepThought group-think.

P.S. Any hypothetical sex tape involving Stephanie "The Whack" Svan and Greg "Theory" Laden would look something like this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8212/8302 ... 1f43_o.gif

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Jan Steen wrote:
He probably meant inyenzi.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Mykeru wrote:
justinvacula wrote:So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...
Jesus Christ, Justin, but you are thick. How many times does Stefunny and He-Man Greg have to lead by example for you to get it?

It has nothing to do with how easy the information is to find. Do you think going through real estate records to find my ex-wife's old address was easy?

No, it's only okay if the right person does it, who knows the right people and is on the Right Side of History.

P.S. Any hypothetical sex tape involving Stephanie "The Whack" Svan and Greg "Theory" Laden would look something like this:

My sarcasm sucks, I suppose. I'm pointing out Zvan's hypocrisy. Zvan argued that my linking of Surly Amy's info (which was linked to debunk a conspiracy) was immoral and now seems to be defending linking of info because she claims it's public. If it's ok to link Mykeru's [false] information, why would it then -- on her accounting -- not be OK to link Surly Amy's very public address linked to her business?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Steersman wrote: If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
Usually I let your crap slide because it's obvious your strong point isn't paying attention to details that don't feed your confirmation bias for whatever point you are trying to tug out your ass.

I have no idea where you got the notion that I pointed to my name on my blog in my Tweets, initiating or otherwise, but again, details isn't what you are good at. What I refer to was the FTB effort to dig through internet archives. I never said the name was on the current version of my blog.

Actually, if you remember, but you don't, Oolon, Benson, et. al. spent a lot of time complaining that my domain was under anonymous registration. To find my name required digging trough internet archive to find the previous doxing in 2005 and some copyright information.

Again, this may be too nuanced for your level of pompous stupidity, but saying that someone who was obviously spending a lot of time and effort digging for it and was thwarted by their own incompetence isn't the same thing as it being "readily available".

What I was mocking was how long this obvious concerted effort took.

That I didn't run around in the sort of abject "my world is ending" terror like doxer's dream about doesn't mean that I don't care. As batman said, you don't wear the mask for yourself, you wear it for those who you care about.

You know nothing about the sort of right wing loons that doxed me back then, and how they scared the shit out of my then wife who didn't take the "your wife (all 5'2' and 100 lbs of her) would be easy to spot" remarks in the light-hearted manner in which they were intended. Eh, maybe she cried crocodile tears.

And just because I'm not going to pack up my bug out bag and live in the hills eating berries before they get around to their next step of employer tattling and attempting to get me fired with a bunch of bullshit accusations that aren't going to work doesn't mean I don't care about that either.

And just because I didn't run down the street to the Washington field office of the FBI before they get around to harassing my now ex-wife or having some minion asshole put in a few "concern trolling" calls to my elderly parents doesn't mean I don't care about that either.

Fuck you.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LMAO! Ok, so Greg Laden is very butthurt. It seems Mykeru put out a tweet encouraging people to review Greggie-poo-kins book, "Sungudogo". Now, the tweet *DOES NOT SAY* to give a 1 star review. Rather just review it. Greg lies (what a shocker!) in his post and says Mykeru is "asking his friends to write one star reviews" of his (I'm assuming) shit book.

If you're interested in reading Greg's verbal barfing, here's the link - http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2012/ ... -sungudogo.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

justinvacula wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

My sarcasm sucks, I suppose. I'm pointing out Zvan's hypocrisy. Zvan argued that my linking of Surly Amy's info (which was linked to debunk a conspiracy) was immoral and now seems to be defending linking of info because she claims it's public. If it's ok to link Mykeru's [false] information, why would it then -- on her accounting -- not be OK to link Surly Amy's very public address linked to her business?
Dude, I was meeting your sarcasm with more sarcasm. Should we get to tertiary-level sarcasm the FreepThought Bloggers reading this will be so confused by the Klein-bottle nature of the sarcasm that in trying to twist their heads around it they''ll get their brains stuck even further up their asses.

Because, you know, they are hanging on every word.

P.S. Hi Steph.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks wrote:LMAO! Ok, so Greg Laden is very butthurt. It seems Mykeru put out a tweet encouraging people to review Greggie-poo-kins book, "Sungudogo". Now, the tweet *DOES NOT SAY* to give a 1 star review. Rather just review it. Greg lies (what a shocker!) in his post and says Mykeru is "asking his friends to write one star reviews" of his (I'm assuming) shit book.

If you're interested in reading Greg's verbal barfing, here's the link - http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2012/ ... -sungudogo.
This edition of "WAAAHHHH!!! UNFAIR!!!" brought to you by the crowd who loves to "pharyngulate" polls to skew the results in their favor. Hypocrites.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Lsuoma wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
He probably meant inyenzi.
Taking his cue from Brownian, who called the Slymepitters 'subhuman scum'. I used to think that PZ was better than his commenters, but he is in fact at least as bad as the worst of them.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Suggestion:
If you happen to link blogs written by Greg Laden, Surly Amy, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, etc from now on, can you instead go to www.freezepage.com or a similar site and link to the frozen page to
- reduce their hits
- save the original so tampering/edits don't interfere

Thanks.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Gumby wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:LMAO! Ok, so Greg Laden is very butthurt. It seems Mykeru put out a tweet encouraging people to review Greggie-poo-kins book, "Sungudogo". Now, the tweet *DOES NOT SAY* to give a 1 star review. Rather just review it. Greg lies (what a shocker!) in his post and says Mykeru is "asking his friends to write one star reviews" of his (I'm assuming) shit book.

This edition of "WAAAHHHH!!! UNFAIR!!!" brought to you by the crowd who loves to "pharyngulate" polls to skew the results in their favor. Hypocrites.
It is also funny that Laden doesn't even know the title of his own book. He calls it Sungodogo when it is in fact Sungudogo. :D

However, I would not review a book I haven't read, or publish a judgement which is at variance with my actual opinion. Not saying that anyone has, in this case, but the temptation to do something unethical can be great at times.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lsuoma wrote:
I disagree with the Tickler: I think this photograph make you look as though you're having a hard time trying to lay a cable. Thank goodness it doesn't go any lower.
Now that you're saying it, I kinda see it...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Considering the amount of palava Svan and others put into the concept of "victim blaming", it is sad to see them doing it to Justin Griffith.

Svan is a complete hypocrite regarding her defence of Laden, and her stance on doxxing. We called her out on this months ago, and now it seems we were 100% spot on.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

justinvacula wrote:Suggestion:
If you happen to link blogs written by Greg Laden, Surly Amy, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, etc from now on, can you instead go to http://www.freezepage.com or a similar site and link to the frozen page to
- reduce their hits

Thanks.
Good tip. Here is the freeze peach freezepage link to Laden's page with the misspelled book title:

http://www.freezepage.com/1356370024BWHJTBZMKX

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

So, now -- Stephanie -- it's OK to link the addresses of those you disagree with on the internet if the information is easy to find on Google? Interesting...
But consider, J. VST Vacula, that poor Surly-set-upon's address was posted on a HATE site.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I recently appeared on the A-News Podcast alongside Reap and others:

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... s-podcast/

We discuss the FFRF banner and vandalism of the banner in the first 22 minutes. Following that, we discuss the likely poe feminist Tumblr "FeminismRising," Melody Hensley, Greg Laden, alleged sexism in gaming, and more.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

justinvacula wrote:Suggestion:
If you happen to link blogs written by Greg Laden, Surly Amy, PZ Myers, Rebecca Watson, etc from now on, can you instead go to http://www.freezepage.com or a similar site and link to the frozen page to
- reduce their hits

Thanks.
I'm glad you found this. It's something I was wishing was around since I never ever visit the FftB except by accident. Someone on twitter posts links and I can't tell before I have click on the link.