Periodic Table of Swearing

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 am  •  [Post 36986]

Hmmm... 43 users total, with 37 guests. What have we done now?

Meanwhile, A+ has 19 users total, with 12 guests (and two of the registered users are bots).
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:08 am  •  [Post 36987]

CommanderTuvok wrote:Image


well that's odd. It sounds as though she is articulating exactly how women who disagree with Baboons are treated by ... Baboons
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 am  •  [Post 36988]

justinvacula wrote:Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
http://www.freezepage.com/1356327950EZVZJKLAXR

I think she probably has a point as far as those tweets qualifying as harassment. But considering that, even though she doesn’t defend the doxing by Laden, she certainly elides the question, one has to wonder what her position was on the doxing of the protesters at the University of Toronto who were harassing – actually circumscribing people’s freedom of speech and freedom of assembly – those who wished to hear William Farrell speak there. Particularly since Ophelia, indulging in a little bit of demagogery, created a couple of posts critical of that doxing. Which suggests, of course, that there will be several forthcoming posts from her that will be equally critical of Laden's doxing ….
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby comslave » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 am  •  [Post 36989]

Steersman wrote:
Tend to agree with that as well. While Laden seems definitely to have crossed the line in the doxing department, some of the attacks against him are starting to show some similarities with bear-baiting; gratuitous savagery ….



Doxxing, while rude as hell, Rarely results in serious harm. Just substancial embarassment when co-workers find out you're the big-titted cam-whore on Youtube. Most the people who criticize FTB appear to be showing their faces anyway, so how much harm is possible is probably not great. After all, we're just offending a bunch of keyboard warriors who wouldn't know what real activism was if it walked up and bit them on their overused asses. It's not like we're offending muslims...oops, I went there.

Hold on, didn't Thunderf00t, like, offend every last muslim on the planet and still lives his happy life fucking with a nuclear reactor? Getting doxxed can't be all bad. I mean, if Thunderf00t can still be alive, no one else has anything to worry about.

The more I hear about Laden, the more the term useless comes to mind. Off to better targets.
Sometimes a cup of coffee is just a cup of coffee.
User avatar
comslave
.
.
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:30 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby franc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 am  •  [Post 36990]

sacha wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Image


well that's odd. It sounds as though she is articulating exactly how women who disagree with Baboons are treated by ... Baboons


Marnie is a dumb numb cunt. I know precisely what her accusations of misogyny against me would amount to - my treating her in exactly the same way I treat every white male I meet. Cunt. Get thee to a nunnery.
smilies are for reetards | reason is overrated | "Home is where the floor is." -- X | “The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul
User avatar
franc
.
.
 
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm
Location: Kosmopolites

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:32 am  •  [Post 36991]

Darren wrote:Hmmm... 43 users total, with 37 guests. What have we done now?

Meanwhile, A+ has 19 users total, with 12 guests (and two of the registered users are bots).

That's classic Tom Jones (It's Not Unusual) and has been since the digging of the pit was begun, Nothing to see here - move along.

And to all the FC(n)/smelly-snatch skepchcks/baboollies: hello!
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 am  •  [Post 36992]

BTW, apropos of not much, I want to make a very, very belated call-out to John Greg. In the earliest days ( the first 72 hours) of the Pyt I was dithering about playing nice with people, or letting free speech rule. JG helped me make the right decision. JG is one of the spiritual parents here.
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Postby real horrorshow » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 am  •  [Post 36993]

Darren wrote:
franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge.


Oh, I remember this. This was the "challenge" in which 'pytters were disqualified from partipating, right?

I can't believe I once actually tried to like this guy. Thankfully, I failed.

Well, it was only confirmed that we were disqualified after one of us tried to participate. Prior to that it was an entirely fair fight at PeeZed's house, with all his baboons as seconds and chosen weapon: ban-hammer.
“[Y]ou're evil. More evil than Sauron, I'd wagger!” - Phil Giordana
User avatar
real horrorshow
.
.
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am
Location: In a band of brigands.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:49 am  •  [Post 36994]

comslave wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tend to agree with that as well. While Laden seems definitely to have crossed the line in the doxing department, some of the attacks against him are starting to show some similarities with bear-baiting; gratuitous savagery ….



Doxxing, while rude as hell, Rarely results in serious harm. Just substancial embarassment when co-workers find out you're the big-titted cam-whore on Youtube. Most the people who criticize FTB appear to be showing their faces anyway, so how much harm is possible is probably not great. After all, we're just offending a bunch of keyboard warriors who wouldn't know what real activism was if it walked up and bit them on their overused asses. It's not like we're offending muslims...oops, I went there.

Hold on, didn't Thunderf00t, like, offend every last muslim on the planet and still lives his happy life fucking with a nuclear reactor? Getting doxxed can't be all bad. I mean, if Thunderf00t can still be alive, no one else has anything to worry about.

The more I hear about Laden, the more the term useless comes to mind. Off to better targets.

I don’t really have much problem with the process, myself. And I generally agree – with maybe not enough reflection on the question – with what happened over the U of T kerfuffle: if people cross the line between reasonable argument and harassment then I figure that the public has a right to know who is doing that - otherwise we might as well allow everyone to wear burkas whenever and wherever they want, even bank-robbers. But “collateral damage” tends to be counterproductive ….

The more I hear about Laden, the more the term useless comes to mind. Off to better targets.


Generally agree with you there – kind of surprised that it’s become an issue. But I also kind of have to wonder whether or not there’s some method in Mykeru’s madness, that he’s trying to make a point over the issue with the U of T and the Voice for Men response which very few of the FfTB crowd dealt with (not their ox being gored even if that is rather short-sighted if not self-serving), except in a negative way. Which does seem to be quite a bit more of an important issue as it relates to some egregious manifestations of “virulent feminism” – Ophelia, please note ….
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:49 am  •  [Post 36995]

Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
http://www.freezepage.com/1356327950EZVZJKLAXR

I think she probably has a point as far as those tweets qualifying as harassment. But considering that, even though she doesn’t defend the doxing by Laden, she certainly elides the question, one has to wonder what her position was on the doxing of the protesters at the University of Toronto who were harassing – actually circumscribing people’s freedom of speech and freedom of assembly – those who wished to hear William Farrell speak there. Particularly since Ophelia, indulging in a little bit of demagogery, created a couple of posts critical of that doxing. Which suggests, of course, that there will be several forthcoming posts from her that will be equally critical of Laden's doxing ….


When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE (in the hope that it was Mykeru's place of residence), the gloves are off. He's a scumbag. You wouldn't find it acceptable with a bit of mild mocking with that kind of encouragement? Moreover, wouldn't you do it yourself if that's how Laden treated you? For instance, Griffiths has every right to mock or insult Laden.

And Zvan has the GALL to tell JUSTIN to knock it off?

Harassment? Laden? In what version of the universe not inhabited by Zvan would that even count to constitute as harassment?

Seriously, Griffiths gets threatened with violence, it's Griffiths who should knock it off. Mykeru's ex-wife's old place gets doxxed, Griffiths reports on it and once again it's Griffiths who should knock it off? Stephanie. Don't take this the wrong way: fuck you.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Lsuoma » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:00 am  •  [Post 36996]

Hey, Mykeru - who is this Lsouma of whom you speak?
Call me old-fashioned, but I like a dump to be as memorable as it is devastating.
User avatar
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 am  •  [Post 36997]

Okay, I re-read Zvan's article (hopefully never have to type that again) and I missed something at the bottom which just blows my mind.

No, seriously. What the fuck.

Image

Image

My shock and disgust is so encompassing at that comment, I resort to using a gif of Marky Mark to describe it. A definite sign we're going in the opposite direction of progress.

But wait! There's more!

Next who should show up in the comment section other than Greg Laden himself, where he (surprise surprise) denies any allegations made against him despite evidence of the contrary. Just as "if I ever see you in person I'm going to kick your ass" is a mild, harmless expression in the eyes of Greg Laden that couldn't ever conceivably be seen as a threat, "dick" in the eyes of Zvan is an "informal salutation" and couldn't ever be conceived as a gendered epithet. In other words, they're meant for eachother, aren't they? If you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to have to throw up from that mental image.

Anyway, without further ado, here's Greg Laden doing what he does best: being a daft cunt. You too, Zvan, you fucking idiot.

Honourable mention to Azkyroth in the hall of shitholes, for making the worst analogy in the history of worst analogies.

Image
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:16 am  •  [Post 36998]

BarnOwl wrote:IANACS*, but several things about this story don't seem quite right, or at least seem exaggerated for dramatic effect. First of all, a morbidly obese person with an unhealthy lifestyle has had "open heart surgery", lymph node biopsies, and three chest tubes placed, and is blogging away merrily just a few days later? I'd believe that a sternal window was made and fluid drained from his thorax, but I'm having trouble with the "open heart surgery" part, which I associate with coronary artery bypass, aneurysm repair, valve replacement, heart transplant, or correction of a congenital heart defect. I'm thinking sternum sawed in half, rib spreaders, heart-lung machine, the whole bloody nine yards, and I don't think that's what Ed had. Call me hyper-skeptical. Also call me a person who worked as a nurse aide on a cardiovascular floor for the pre- and post-op patients of a certain Dr. M.E. DeBakey. Patients who came back to the floor from the ICU after having open heart surgery wouldn't have been up to the task of blogging for the first few days, had such a thing existed ... I know, because I was usually the one who had to convince them and help them to sit up on the edge of the bed ("dangle") and then walk the first time post-op. All of that would have been even more difficult, complicated, and prolonged for a patient who was Ed's size.

* Cardiothoracic Surgeon


I agree with your assessment on this.

Ed says his symptoms were awful starting December 15, seen in ED that day, hospitalized December 17 after calling 911, had CT scans & other tests (an echocardiogram it sounds like), heart rate around 200, then finally "open-heart surgery" on December 18. There were 14 new topics posted at his blog (under his name) on December 17; since then, the number of new posts per day slowed down but didn't stop. I didn't check how topical each was; maybe he had some already written & scheduled to auto-post for those days, or maybe someone else was writing & posting under his name (maybe that's an arrangement he has had with someone else or some other people), or maybe somehow they autogenerate from his news feeds (seems unlikely but wouldn't it be cool)?

Then, on December 22, he 'fesses up that something's been up, he's been hospitalized & went through "open heart surgery" but now he "has a real computer" and can tell all. He doesn't say he's home; maybe he's still in the hospital but recuperated enough to start blogging again on his laptop. Maybe, just maybe, that could all be consistent with his story if the decompensation on the 17th was late in the day and he's so driven to blog that it's the first thing he does once the chest tubes are out.

But still, despite his comment that they took Black & Decker to his sternum, it sounds very odd that anyone would do so. It's not at all clear why they would "crack" his chest (median sternotomy) for the symptoms and/or findings he's described. I agree, it sounds more like the kind of thing a pericardial window would be done for, and maybe also mediastinoscopy and/or thoracoscopy for the lymph node biopsies (although the 3 chest tubes would fit better w/ sternotomy, I think). Maybe he had some super-aggressive and fairly-clueless cardiothoracic surgeon (bad combination of traits for anyone in medicine, yikes).

Anyone know if Ed smokes or used to smoke? On his blog he suggested maybe a fungal infection or sarcoidosis, but enlarged lymph nodes in the chest & a bunch of fluid where it really shouldn't be in a middle-age white westerner is probably more likely to be lung cancer.

real horrorshow wrote:... I'm left to judge by the only reliable, objective criteria I have: [Laden's] conduct; the image of himself he chooses to project. From those data, I conclude he's a sack of shit. If there's reasonable insurance to provide for his NOK, I'd say his death would be a net benefit to the world.

FWIW, I can't wish any of them ill. (Obviously, I "won't" is more accurate. I literally "can", heh.) Ill health and death will come soon enough for all of us; I'm not going to wish for it to happen sooner for anyone, except a person who is suffering so much without chance of respire that they themself wish it to come sooner.
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 am  •  [Post 36999]

Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
http://www.freezepage.com/1356327950EZVZJKLAXR

I think she probably has a point as far as those tweets qualifying as harassment. But considering that, even though she doesn’t defend the doxing by Laden, she certainly elides the question, one has to wonder what her position was on the doxing of the protesters at the University of Toronto who were harassing – actually circumscribing people’s freedom of speech and freedom of assembly – those who wished to hear William Farrell speak there. Particularly since Ophelia, indulging in a little bit of demagogery, created a couple of posts critical of that doxing. Which suggests, of course, that there will be several forthcoming posts from her that will be equally critical of Laden's doxing ….

When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE ….

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? As Mykeru himself pointed out, all that was necessary to find his real name, and presumably or apparently his address, was to check his blog, although I'll concede that revealing the addresses of "non-combatants" qualifies as a dickhead move. But I think revealing Mykeru’s name/address == revealing Surly Amy’s name/address == revealing U of T protestors’ names/addresses. You can’t very well claim the moral high ground or be free from the taint of a charge of hypocrisy if you’re jake with one case but not with the others.

Harassment? Laden? In what version of the universe not inhabited by Zvan would that even count to constitute as harassment?

What are you referring to as harassment? Unless you’re trying to suggest “Zvan telling Justin to knock it off”, I think you need to check your eyes or your rose-coloured classes as I would consider Mykeru’s frequent posting and reference to the “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” over quite a lengthy period of time as harassment – as indicated in the post by Zvan. But maybe you didn’t actually read the tweets before hitting the “high dudgeon” switch – fill your boots.

As for why Mykeru is doing that, it seems, as I indicated in a previous post, a rather pointless waste of time and some apparently not inconsiderable talents – unless it’s maybe done to highlight some rather egregious FfTB hypocrisy.

Don't take this the wrong way: fuck you.

Up yours ….
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:30 am  •  [Post 37000]

BarnOwl wrote:
The list:

Talk, talk it's only talk.

5. Erroneous Evopsych Evaluations. Environmentally-irresponsible. Etiolated Egomaniac. Education Elided. Erudition Exiguous. Empty-headed Exhortations. Embarrassing Expositions. Ego. Ego. Ego.

4. Dishonest Delusional Denial. Disreputable Deduction. Dazed Dense Douchebag. These are words with a D this time. Deficient Discernment. Deleted Dissension. Disagreeable Dox-dropping Denouncer. Double talk. Double talk. Double wide.

3. Cancelled Comment Consternation. Crabbily Creating Controversy. Cherry-picked Corrupt Criticisms. Callow Conceited Conversation. Confined Competence. Collecting Crappy Ceramics. Contemptible Chit-chat. Chit-chat.

2. Bossy Befuddled Basket-case. Brain-dead Babble. Bullying Witch-hunt Brouhaha. Beastly Backbiting. Boring Butterflies Bleating. Baffled Bloggular Bannination. Bicker. Bicker. Bicker.

1. Attention-seeking Antics. Arrogant Academician. Antagonistic Asshole Announcements. Avoiding Argument. Annoying Autocratic Animosity. Absence of Acumen. Awful Accusations. Asinine Analysis. Arse. Arse. Arsewad.


WHOOOOOO?

well done
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Darren » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 am  •  [Post 37001]

It is interesting that in Laden's comment on Stephalump's blog (see Pitchguest's screencap above), he continually refers to the phrase, "to kick someone in the ass", rather than, "to kick someone's ass". Ahh, nuance.
Image
User avatar
Darren
.
.
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 am  •  [Post 37002]

I mean, is he equating Justin Vacula to a school shooter and Laden a bystander who would shoot him in the head?

:confusion-shrug:

Worse, is he saying Laden is justified? (The analogy is shit, obviously. Justin isn't a school shooter, Laden isn't a good samaritan. With a gun.)

And did Stephanie just say Justin "begged Laden for his forgiveness"?

...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggghhhhh

Image
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:40 am  •  [Post 37003]

I'm not going to post it, but it turned out to be quite easy to find the address of a certain someone who lives in the same city as Greg and sticks up for him.
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 am  •  [Post 37004]

Pitchguest wrote:I mean, is he equating Justin Vacula to a school shooter and Laden a bystander who would shoot him in the head?



You mean Justin Griffith, right? I'm confused enough as it were.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:53 am  •  [Post 37005]

Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
http://www.freezepage.com/1356327950EZVZJKLAXR

I think she probably has a point as far as those tweets qualifying as harassment. But considering that, even though she doesn’t defend the doxing by Laden, she certainly elides the question, one has to wonder what her position was on the doxing of the protesters at the University of Toronto who were harassing – actually circumscribing people’s freedom of speech and freedom of assembly – those who wished to hear William Farrell speak there. Particularly since Ophelia, indulging in a little bit of demagogery, created a couple of posts critical of that doxing. Which suggests, of course, that there will be several forthcoming posts from her that will be equally critical of Laden's doxing ….

When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE ….

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? As Mykeru himself pointed out, all that was necessary to find his real name, and presumably or apparently his address, was to check his blog, although I'll concede that revealing the addresses of "non-combatants" qualifies as a dickhead move. But I think revealing Mykeru’s name/address == revealing Surly Amy’s name/address == revealing U of T protestors’ names/addresses. You can’t very well claim the moral high ground or be free from the taint of a charge of hypocrisy if you’re jake with one case but not with the others.


I'm sorry, Steers, but have you gone senile? You know as well as I do that Vacula didn't post Amy's address as a malevolent act. He posted it in light of an accusation that he'd counter-DMCA to get her address. Besides, it was denounced on the 'pit so it can't well be an indictment against its members either, now can it? Moreover, Surly had doxxed herself essentially by linking her real address to her business. Still, it was denounced, and doxxing on here still is as far as I know. And if you bring up Brownian, don't even go there; the idiot practically challenged people to find his real name, only for people to find out his real name had been stamped on FOUR seperate networks, easily accesible and with the username 'Brownian'.

Harassment? Laden? In what version of the universe not inhabited by Zvan would that even count to constitute as harassment?

What are you referring to as harassment? Unless you’re trying to suggest “Zvan telling Justin to knock it off”, I think you need to check your eyes or your rose-coloured classes as I would consider Mykeru’s frequent posting and reference to the “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” over quite a lengthy period of time as harassment – as indicated in the post by Zvan. But maybe you didn’t actually read the tweets before hitting the “high dudgeon” switch – fill your boots.

As for why Mykeru is doing that, it seems, as I indicated in a previous post, a rather pointless waste of time and some apparently not inconsiderable talents – unless it’s maybe done to highlight some rather egregious FfTB hypocrisy.


I can't remember the exact timeline, but if I recall that happened *after* Laden had issued a challenge to Mykeru to reveal his name and address and later calling him a coward when he wouldn't by his rules. And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment. I mean, consider how Laden have threatened physical violence, called men defective women with an inherent rape-switch and then he issues challenges to people so they can meet "face to face." That people mock him afterwards is his own problem. You reap what you sow. To call it harassment, in light of his own behaviour, is embarassing. Fuck sake, according to himself, he's a "large muscular guy" with a viscious pitbull and a gun tucked away in his trousers. With credentials like that, wouldn't you think he'd have a thicker skin?

Don't take this the wrong way: fuck you.

Up yours ….


That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Skep tickle » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 am  •  [Post 37006]

Phil, you look particulary French in your new photo. (Also kind of like Inigo Montoya, but with a little bit sharper edges.)


_______

Meanwhile, on a completely different topic, over at Atheism+ Forum, the joint is...not jumping. Google bot must be getting kinda lonely over there right now.

Image
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 am  •  [Post 37007]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I mean, is he equating Justin Vacula to a school shooter and Laden a bystander who would shoot him in the head?



You mean Justin Griffith, right? I'm confused enough as it were.


No. Vacula. The other poster said "it was wrong when Justin Vacula doxxed Surly Amy, and it's wrong now" and Azkyroth responded with ... that stupid analogy ... where he said, in response, that's like saying someone shooting Lanza in the head before he could shoot more people would be no better than him, which is dumb, according to kiss Azkyroth. Then he said "context matters."

I can't figure out what he means by that. It could mean a number of things. All of them bad.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Ape+lust » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:14 am  •  [Post 37008]

Pitchguest wrote:And did Stephanie just say Justin "begged Laden for his forgiveness"?


That was Laden's story - Griffith phoned drunk and slobbered all over him. Of course, she'll hold to that as stone fact. If Laden said he had a wallet made from a tit, she'd call it immersive gender fluidity or somesuch. Can't do enough for her snookums.
User avatar
Ape+lust
.
.
 
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:15 am  •  [Post 37009]

Pitchguest wrote:
No. Vacula. The other poster said "it was wrong when Justin Vacula doxxed Surly Amy, and it's wrong now" and Azkyroth responded with ... that stupid analogy ... where he said, in response, that's like saying someone shooting Lanza in the head before he could shoot more people would be no better than him, which is dumb, according to kiss Azkyroth. Then he said "context matters."

I can't figure out what he means by that. It could mean a number of things. All of them bad.


Oh, ok. I missed the context because I didn't read his comment.

BTW, Azkyroth is yet another super secret anonymous commenter whose real name is in the first results of a google search (and no, I wasn't stalking, I wanted to check if I had had previous interactions with him).
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Pitchguest » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 am  •  [Post 37010]

To end with, some final comments from me before I head to bed. (It's 9 AM, it's Christmas Eve, I'm knackered.)

On Stephanie's blog post, Anthony K (formerly known as stain on the carpet) and Gilliel had this to say,

Gilliel wrote:
Brownian wrote:Not wrong? Bullshit.

If it was publicly known and circulated, then what was your purpose in posting it?

You fucked up here, Greg.

This in no way validates any of the bullshit the Slymefuckers engage in, but you fucked up. If you have a legitimate reason for knowing someone’s identity and address, you can share that with the proper authorities.


Whatever the poster formerly known as Ian Brown said.
No, Greg, not an excuse.
Better said, it’s exactly the excuse Vacula used to post Amy’s address.
And the fact that one of them is a depicaple asshole and Amy isn’t doesn’t mean it makes it ok.

But still, that’s doesn’t make this whole fuck OK, doesn’t make the harrasment of you ok, or the threats. Justin’s post is a wonderful example of how selectively representing snips of the truth ammounts to a lie.


Fuck off, and fuck off. Sincerely, the world. Happy holidays, everyone! Ta!
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Reap » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am  •  [Post 37011]

Greg Laden...mere words can not describe the lack of so many positive traits in one man. So I just posted this..

http://reapstruth.blogspot.com/2012/12/greg-laden-acting-out-in-public.html
You aren't a complete idiot..some pieces are missing

If you were offended.. I take full responsibility, especially if it makes you cry
User avatar
Reap
.
.
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am
Location: Fremont CA

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AndrewV69 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:51 am  •  [Post 37012]

rayshul wrote:
Punker wrote:I hope that the people posting these book reviews have actually read the book


Believe it or not, I actually have a bookmark that goes straight to his book in my tabs on this computer. I use it as a reference for helping people to write and to think about what they're writing - it's a great example of "what not to do".

I think a fair number of 'pitters read the book - it was disected a month or so ago when it first came out.


*wave*

Not me. I bailed at a "dark and stormy night"
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

SJW

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:58 am  •  [Post 37013]

real horrorshow wrote:Image

It's called being a big fat bastard!

The good news is that I have health insurance, which I pay on a COBRA from my job with AINN (it runs out in six months and I’ll have to get my own insurance, which thankfully can’t be denied anymore because of the preexisting condition). But I’m still going to have some significant out-of-pocket expenses and loss of income during the recovery period (it’s going to be a couple months before I’m really back to normal). So you can certainly help out financially if you have the means to do so and it would be greatly appreciated.


let's see...

male - check
white - check
plenty of food = not starving - check
has health insurance - check
has
an education
at least one computer
running water
electricity
rubbish pick up
his own home(?) in a first world country..

please add to the list of requirements for Baboon charity status


quote on his facebook page:
"If you have to have a god, it might as well be the one who commands you to pair a robust red wine with a good steak"

I wonder how much sympathy the vast majority of other humans on the planet would have for him
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:59 am  •  [Post 37014]

Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:...
When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE ….

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? As Mykeru himself pointed out, all that was necessary to find his real name, and presumably or apparently his address, was to check his blog, although I'll concede that revealing the addresses of "non-combatants" qualifies as a dickhead move. But I think revealing Mykeru’s name/address == revealing Surly Amy’s name/address == revealing U of T protestors’ names/addresses. You can’t very well claim the moral high ground or be free from the taint of a charge of hypocrisy if you’re jake with one case but not with the others.

I'm sorry, Steers, but have you gone senile? You know as well as I do that Vacula didn't post Amy's address as a malevolent act. He posted it in light of an accusation that he'd counter-DMCA to get her address.

So then intent is now magic again? I can never keep track of when it is and when it isn’t, although I do notice that in virtually all cases it tends to be self-serving …. In addition, I don’t recollect there being any text added by JV to unambiguously indicate that he posted it for that reason, at least at the time he posted it. And thanks for reminding me about Browian [AKK, so to speak] – just a little disingenuous to claim that that isn’t doxing when several here did everything but lead people by the hand to the evidence. No difference that I see with what Laden did to find and post Mykeru’s information. And likewise with U of T protesters.

I can't remember the exact timeline, but if I recall that happened *after* Laden had issued a challenge to Mykeru to reveal his name and address and later calling him a coward when he wouldn't by his rules.

If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.

And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment.

I certainly got a bit of chuckle out of it, although more of an "ouch", but I wonder if you would call it a “gentle ribbing” if you were the target - repeatedly, if the allusion was to you and a friend? But even the definition gives some justification for the characterization:
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.

And I seem to recollect that Dawkins was less than impressed from being caricatured when I thought it was no worse than that religious motif one with Benson, Carrier and company; in the eye of the beholder and all that ….

Fuck sake, according to himself, he's a "large muscular guy" with a viscious pitbull and a gun tucked away in his trousers. With credentials like that, wouldn't you think he'd have a thicker skin?

And you apparently read neither JG’s post nor Laden’s closely enough to notice – maybe some bias? – that that was some very heavy sarcasm. Which, considering the anathematizing of smilies in this neck of the woods, doesn’t seem something you can credibly criticize him for, particularly since he did everything but draw you a picture pointing to that fact:
JG wrote:His tactics are really creepy when you analyze them. He recently posted this:
… I do not regard physical threats as unimportant. It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.

He wants to be quote-mined. He craves having a gotcha moment. He waits for somebody to post that quote without acknowledging his post’s cryptic last sentence. Paraphrased: ”Am I kidding? Hard to say.

It would take a rather large amount of obtuseness or, at best, significant carelessness (or tiredness) to read that literally as a credible threat.

That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.

Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.

[Time for me to call it a day as well; night all. Although, as a postscript, it is quite interesting and amusing to see from your last post that Gilliel and Brownian, at least, are coming down against Greg; at least some consistency.]
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:02 am  •  [Post 37015]

welch wrote:
To the anti-FTB: people I vehemently disagree that ‘all of FtB’ supports Laden. Initially, I even gave off signals that they didn’t have to publicly ‘have my back’. The only reason they may have even entertained not dropping him was because nothing like that had ever happened before, and hindsight is 20/20. You’ll never know how great Ed Brayton was to me on the phone. You’ll never know how many of the people here privately wrote to me in support. It really meant a lot to me, and you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Yeah, there are like two people here on cordial terms with him… that’s a pretty good percentage for a group of people connected only by atheism.


So you're the fat chick they'll fuck, but when anyone else is around, they don't know you. Awesome dude, way to rock the self-esteem. I guess as long as they wash their dicks after they pull out of your ass, but before they jizz on your face, it shows they really care. Okay, they call you a fat fucking cow when their friends are around, but they always lube you up before anal, so they really respect you.


had to be repeated, I just couldn't help myself
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 am  •  [Post 37016]

real horrorshow wrote:
None of that, however has anything to do with the man's mental health issues - and that's assuming he has any. Nor does it have to do with the way he behaves. Maybe he has some diagnosable condition, but I can't diagnose it. Certainly not from here. I'm left to judge by the only reliable, objective criteria I have: his conduct; the image of himself he chooses to project. From those data, I conclude he's a sack of shit. If there's reasonable insurance to provide for his NOK, I'd say his death would be a net benefit to the world.


I certainly wouldn't push him off the ledge, but I might encourage him to jump.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:41 am  •  [Post 37017]

Skep Tickle: How do I look "French"? That's stereotyping alright, you countryist! And please refrain from using "Montoya". It seems some people are pop-culture deficient and could be baffled by such obscure references, you Princess Brideist!

This cesspool of slyme is getting more and more unsafe-space.






Did I get that right? I'm working on trolling A+
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 am  •  [Post 37018]

Also, I've managed to survive that (very short-lived) trend without shooting anyone, so Laden et ass should be safe as far as I'm concerned:



Holydays make me pissy.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 am  •  [Post 37019]

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, apropos of not much, I want to make a very, very belated call-out to John Greg. In the earliest days ( the first 72 hours) of the Pyt I was dithering about playing nice with people, or letting free speech rule. JG helped me make the right decision. JG is one of the spiritual parents here.


all hail John Greg
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby windy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 am  •  [Post 37020]

rayshul wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.


But it's just a bit sad now. Because he's 54 and he's not very good at the whole writing-thing and he feels like he should be a figure of pity. I don't react to people shouting on the street unless I think they're going to get into a dangerous situation, it feels like the same kind of thing.


He's a TROLL, he's been doing this for years and he's very good at it (getting reactions from people by making nonsensical statements and insinuations). Call out the threats but I don't see the point of feeding him for the other crap. Like the pit bull and gun comment, how much more transparent trolling you can get?

Pitchquest wrote:My shock and disgust is so encompassing at that comment, I resort to using a gif of Marky Mark to describe it. A definite sign we're going in the opposite direction of progress.


Like Marky says in that movie, "there are forces at work beyond our understanding".

Zvan has defended Laden calling women bitches. Zvan has banned people from her blog for pointing out something unethical Greg did. When Laden's email to Justin Griffiths was revealed, Zvan defended it by comparing Greg to a bullied kid (that was the worst analogy in the history of worst analogies.) At this point it would be more shocking if she didn't do it.
"If you’re feeling oppressed, go get involved in politics." --S.Zvan
User avatar
windy
.
.
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby windy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 am  •  [Post 37021]

rayshul wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.


But it's just a bit sad now. Because he's 54 and he's not very good at the whole writing-thing and he feels like he should be a figure of pity. I don't react to people shouting on the street unless I think they're going to get into a dangerous situation, it feels like the same kind of thing.


He's a TROLL, he's been doing this for years and he's very good at it (getting reactions from people by making nonsensical statements and insinuations). Call out the threats but I don't see the point of feeding him for the other crap. Like the pit bull and gun comment, how much more transparent trolling you can get?

Pitchquest wrote:My shock and disgust is so encompassing at that comment, I resort to using a gif of Marky Mark to describe it. A definite sign we're going in the opposite direction of progress.


Like Marky says in that movie, "there are forces at work beyond our understanding".

Zvan has defended Laden calling women bitches. Zvan has banned people from her blog for pointing out something unethical Greg did. When Laden's email to Justin Griffiths was revealed, Zvan defended it by comparing Greg to a bullied kid (that was the worst analogy in the history of worst analogies.) At this point it would be more shocking if she didn't do it.
"If you’re feeling oppressed, go get involved in politics." --S.Zvan
User avatar
windy
.
.
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby AndrewV69 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 am  •  [Post 37022]

Steersman wrote:
That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.

Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.


You two had me howling with that exchange. Just saying.
Disce aut discede
http://noseenohearnospeak.blogspot.ca/

Ick. AndrewV69, proud slimepitter and MRA, with in.malafide in his email address? No. Just no. Fuck off.
- PZ Myers 26 July 2012 at 3:17 pm
User avatar
AndrewV69
.
.
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:48 am  •  [Post 37023]

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.

Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.


You two had me howling with that exchange. Just saying.

“We’ll be here all week, folks. Be sure to tip the waitress on the way out.” ;-)
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:52 am  •  [Post 37024]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Skep Tickle ... And please refrain from using "Montoya". It seems some people are pop-culture deficient and could be baffled by such obscure references, you Princess Brideist!

:banana-guitar: :-D

Did I get that right? I'm working on trolling A+

A+ ….
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 am  •  [Post 37025]

Steersman wrote:“We’ll be here all week, folks. Be sure to tip the waitress on the way out.” ;-)


The correct phrasing would be "try the waitress, tip the veal", IIRC...
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 am  •  [Post 37026]

Gefan wrote:Regarding Laden, "drive someone to Stephalump" should become part of the lexicon. Also, I don't think he will, as Mykeru put it, "put a bullet through his brain" because I very much doubt he's that good a shot.


Just a note of caution: Be very careful how you quote people, considering the opposition are deceitful quote-mining opportunists.

I referred to Greg Laden putting a bullet through his own brain when someone raised the possibility that pressing Greg Laden could cause him to go off the deep end. Without fully quoting what I actually wrote to provide that context, you can see how one of those scumbags could quote that to imply I made a threat. Their narrative is based on making those claims and they don't need any help from us in doing it.

Look at what Laden wrote about my doing terrible things to people on the internet, this is communual reinforcement bullshit. Like the Myers critiques of AVfM, these claim always come without specific examples, as if Greg Laden's word alone is enough verification for anyone.

What's more, take these claims in context of the ongoing effort to run people out of the movement on a rail based on bullshit claims of "threats". See what happens with this the next time a conference rolls around. Do you think Greg Laden, after all this crap, assumes he and I are going to be bumping into each other at TAM?

No, he will do everything to make sure the only people who can attend are properly vetted FTB minions.

Outwest wrote:I don't beg from others and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I have been in dire circumstances once or twice in my life. I do have empathy for others. Just not these.


I should mention when my computer died I appreciate the offers from people to donate money to fix me up.
"reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled" -- Richard P. Feynman
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Greg Laden & Sexism

Postby Steersman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:16 am  •  [Post 37027]

Posted on Greg Laden’s Blog relative to “Sexism: Scaring the Good Ones Away”:

So, only the bad ones join the movement? [rhetorical question]

But I generally agree with your argument and I’ve frequently deplored the character-assassination and vituperative language, and worse, that seems “to go with the territory” of questioning “conventional wisdom”. You really “had me” at least sympathizing with your presentation – right up until you asserted that the only reason for Harriet Hall’s t-shirt was to make some “person feel bad” which has to take the cake for making a mountain out of a mole-hill. Tends to raise a question of two about how many other holes there might be in the rest of the argument.

But that case is, I think, the tip of the iceberg which seems to consist of a rather remarkable blindness to the possibility that FTB/Skepchick/AtheismPlus/GregLaden might actually be wrong on a point or two. For instance, PZ Myers made a great show of opening the doors to his place to discuss the question “why do you despise feminism?”. Yet when a SlymePitter shows up – Skep Tickle – with a quite reasonable comment, the horde descends on her like a phalanx of T-cells ready to isolate some gram-negative bacterium. The upshot of which was PZ banning her – “with extreme prejudice”, without so much as a reference to her comments – simply on the basis that she is a slymepitter – and one who hasn’t posted much there either so she can’t have been that badly tainted yet. Not something that adds much lustre to PZ’s reputation as a skeptic – or as an honest broker.

In addition, there is Ophelia Benson’s tweeted claim that “connecting the word ‘feminism’ with the word ‘virulent’ … is misogyny”. Yet she seems remarkably loath to consider, as one example of many, evidence such as the female protesters at the University of Toronto who attempted to harass those who wished to hear a speaker on men’s rights – which led to the “doxing” of several of the women responsible for virtually the same reason – harassment – that you’ve doxed Mykeru.

And then there’s Sally Strange who concedes that “the few isolated good points that MRAs have are indeed good points” yet turns around and repudiates that position when pressed. And PZ with his suggestion that of those who criticize feminism, virtually “everyone of them has the name Marc Lepine”. That isn’t rationality and skepticism but demagoguery and dogma speaking.

Methinks there’s some rather selective and quite problematic blindness from your neck of the woods which, if it doesn’t justify all of the criticisms from the Pit it certainly underwrites a lot of it. You guys and gals all might want to consider that you’ve got a log, a beam, or two in your own eyes before waving a knife about in an effort to exise a mote or two in your brothers’ and sisters’. That there are whackos on both sides of this divide should not lead the saner ones on each to the conclusion that the other side consists solely of those whackos.
User avatar
Steersman
.
.
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jjbinx007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 am  •  [Post 37028]

Nice bit of bullshit from the Pharyngula comment section:

I have to say I’m amazed. From Shermer to Hoggle, there seems to be a large number of atheists who just cannot wrap their heads around the simple fact that women are people, and when it is pointed out to them that this is so, they start screaming and calling those who dare to point it out to them “anti-man” and “anti-”, it’s truly a thing of wonder.


Source: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-519716

It's odd how the "skeptics" who comment on that blog are happy to let moronic comments like that go by unchecked.
User avatar
jjbinx007
.
.
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby sacha » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:31 am  •  [Post 37029]

Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment.

I certainly got a bit of chuckle out of it, although more of an "ouch", but I wonder if you would call it a “gentle ribbing” if you were the target - repeatedly, if the allusion was to you and a friend? But even the definition gives some justification for the characterization:
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.



She's the one allowing it to get under her skin. She's wearing herself out reading his tweets.

It is not "harassment"

just like when the Baboons say things to me like go back to cybersucking hogglecock and numerous other references over years about sex with franc that is always in some form or another "angry sex", or being proud to be letting someone fuck me who pays for cam girls, or hates women, or is a scat fetishist, or I'm too stupid to realise I am nothing but a piece of meat as far as franc is concerned, and if not franc, it's slut-shaming, by saying I must be STD central, or asking how many cocks I've sucked, or how stretched out I must be, or that I allow myself to be used for sex in order to "be accepted by the blokes" or whatever they think might get a reaction from me. *yawn* That's just a small sampling of the attempts. Every single mention has been far more aggressive and detailed than anything Mykeru has written.

Let me tell you. It isn't harassment, and it does not even faze me.

I'm not getting threatening personal emails, I'm not getting letters by post, not getting telephone calls, or telegrams, I'm not getting my tits grabbed when I walk by.
It's always announced in a conspicuous place in order to maximise the shame I am supposed to feel, and to have an audience see the defensive, angry, emotional reaction I'm supposed to have, which in turn would give them my power, and they could gloat about winning.

I keep waiting for one of them to be better at the game.

Zvan isn't even a challenge to Mykeru. It's such an easy win. She has to be offended and outraged, let everyone know she is being victimised so they can run to defend her honour. After all, sex was mentioned and her pussy is sacred. "What if people believe him and think I would have sex in front of a camera!" Her posting of so many of his "sex tape with Laden" tweets on a blog post about Mykeru's sex tape with laden "harassment" almost makes one wonder if he was spot on.

She is harassing herself.

Zvan, grow a fucking thicker skin, and stop caring about what others might think of you. Your "honor" is no more worthy of respect than anyone else's. You are not a special snowflake, princess.
When a stranger having a go, by tweeting about a sex tape you never made, gets under your skin that easily, where you are emotional and reactive and hand over your power publicly, including fucking re-posting the tweets so that tonnes more people can see them and have a laugh, it's not Mykeru who has the problem.

and can she be any more of the derrogatory stereotypical chick? emotional, defensive, angry, puritan, and claiming to be a victim in order to get sympathy. truly pathetic.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jjbinx007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:44 am  •  [Post 37030]

Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

So, PZ writes a blog post inviting people to give reasons why they're anti-Feminist. Skeptixx gives a reasonable reply and instead of answering any of her points PZ bans her because she posts on this forum.

What the hell?
User avatar
jjbinx007
.
.
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 am  •  [Post 37031]

jjbinx007 wrote:Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

So, PZ writes a blog post inviting people to give reasons why they're anti-Feminist. Skeptixx gives a reasonable reply and instead of answering any of her points PZ bans her because she posts on this forum.

What the hell?


Welcome to the weird world of FC(n)*.






*Fainting Couch (Unresolved number as they seem to fluctuate quite often)
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby katamari Damassi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:15 am  •  [Post 37032]

Hey let's start a pool! Which of the FTBers will be the next to beg for money? Oddly my money would've been on JT if were still there. I mean his girlfriend's body parts are going to just fall off by themselves are they? So now I have to go with the Countess Svan Zepplin, although I can see Thibideedoodah's student loans coming up.
“I feel life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. The horrible are like, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else." Woody Allen.
User avatar
katamari Damassi
.
.
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby cunt » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:17 am  •  [Post 37033]

jjbinx007 wrote:Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

So, PZ writes a blog post inviting people to give reasons why they're anti-Feminist. Skeptixx gives a reasonable reply and instead of answering any of her points PZ bans her because she posts on this forum.

What the hell?


Then he posts another blog declaring victory. It's all played for the crowd.
You are a bad person. You say horrible things and you should feel bad about yourself.
User avatar
cunt
TheMudbrooker's Bitch
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jan Steen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:25 am  •  [Post 37034]

Is PZ Myers really a scientist?

He wants to find out if there are valid objections against the brand of feminism practised by his commentariat and himself (let’s call this FTB feminism). The null hypothesis is that there are no valid objections. How does he proceed?

1. He defines feminism as "equality for men and women and opposition to cultural institutions that perpetuate inequities” and pretends, disingenuously, that this is equal to FTB feminism.

2. He opens a comment thread asking people to explain their objections to ‘feminism’ (as defined sub 1), thereby setting up a straw man that few people would want to attack.

3. To further encourage those people, he compares them to cockroaches.

4. He pre-bans a large subclass of people (those who comment on the Slymepit), thus introducing even more bias.

5. Very few people bother to post objections.*

6. PZ Myers accepts the null hypothesis:
760+ comments, and not one could present a reasonable argument: no explanation for why they oppose feminism, no evidence that feminism is bad, but lots of non sequiturs and emotionalism. I’m beginning to think that this anti-feminism stuff resembles a religious cult, and doesn’t belong in either skepticism or atheism.


My conclusions:

7. PZ Myers is a lousy scientist and once more confirms the cult status of his own crowd.


* The reasons for this are almost certainly:

a. Hardly anybody objects to feminism as defined sub 1.
b. People who object to FTB feminism are either put off by the set up (see 2 & 3) or were pre-banned (see 4).


Materials and methods:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/12/21/an-experiment-why-do-you-despise-feminism/

Conclusions:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/12/23/once-again-the-lord-has-made-my-enemies-ridiculous/
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
User avatar
Jan Steen
.
.
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tigzy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:26 am  •  [Post 37035]

Stupid Myers. Blithering Myers. Funny-as-fuck Myers. From his blogpost about how he winz because the people he banned couldn't come and argue against his particular take on feminism:

That fringe mob of people screaming at FtB because they’re so danged feminist aren’t rational.


And a blog network whose owner and one of the contributors has to beg online for money is what? Not fringe? :lol:

Maybe I should take that back. Stephanie has just posted a series of twitter comments rationally rebutting her ideology.

<reads comments; views animated gifs>

Whoops, no. I think my opinion of them just plummeted further, something I hadn’t thought possible.


What ideology is this, Peezee? The one where Greg Laden can never, ever do anything wrong like evah? You know, like Jesus, or Muhammad, or Rebecca Watson, or something?

And there were no animated gifs on that page, either.

You're seeing things that aren't there, Peez - if I were you, I'd stop being Becky's diaper (in that you're full of shit and hang around her arse all the time) because I reckon the fumes from her hair dye must be getting to you.
"It should be noted that among the more alarming tendencies of those men who participate in train-spotters' groups, one will also find a complete disinclination to discuss feminism or women's issues."

Isobel Shed, feminist, 1959
User avatar
Tigzy
.
.
 
Posts: 3007
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Tapir » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:39 am  •  [Post 37036]

katamari Damassi wrote:Hey let's start a pool! Which of the FTBers will be the next to beg for money? Oddly my money would've been on JT if were still there. I mean his girlfriend's body parts are going to just fall off by themselves are they? So now I have to go with the Countess Svan Zepplin, although I can see Thibideedoodah's student loans coming up.

I reckon the Crommunist will be needing a party pack of very expensive anti-retrovirals pretty soon.
User avatar
Tapir
.
.
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Jan Steen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 am  •  [Post 37037]

I may add that a large part, probably the great majority, of the 760+ comments were written by PZ's sycophants.
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
User avatar
Jan Steen
.
.
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 am  •  [Post 37038]

franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge. Seems timely to remind Myers of John the Others offer which he has not responded to as yet -

http://www.avoiceformen.com/video/remin ... pz-meyers/

Myers the hero - no wonder JTO terrifies him. He has to fly home to the safety of Buttfuck Minnesota just to gather enough nerve to harass a small time gelato vendor.

Myers, you are a liar, a charlatan, a fraud, but above all else, an inconsequential chickenshit. You do the community proud. Not to mention, you are also god's gift to the loopy religious right.


Well, not that this outcome was hard to predict, but I'll brag anyway - did I call that or what? Creationist-style debate tactics par excellence by PZ.

I never went to that post, and I don't know how many people from here took Peezus up on his insincere trap of an offer. But any who did go (and I think at least one or two did) shouldn't have. Of course no matter what anyone said, he was going to gloat and ridicule, say no one brought any decent points up and dance around in front of all his grubby worshipers... just like the creationist leaders he learned this trick from. What the hell else did anyone expect from that dishonest fuck? Actual debate? Honest discussion? Serious consideration of points made by us? Really?

If anyone here did participate in that nonsense, hope y'all learned something. Re-read what Welch said about NMDs if you're not sure.

<giordana>Sorry so snippy. I'm quite cranky this morning.</giordana>
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:58 am  •  [Post 37039]

Darren wrote:
franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge.


Oh, I remember this. This was the "challenge" in which 'pytters were disqualified from partipating, right?



Actually, from screenshots etc. posted here, I'm thinking a couple Pitters posted before PZ realized they were from here.
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:58 am  •  [Post 37040]

<giordana>Sorry so snippy. I'm quite cranky this morning.</giordana>


FUCK YOU CUNT!!! (sympathises)

Seriously, though, Skep Tickle was the only one to partake, and I would argue she did well, her banning being the best testimony of Myers' hypocrisy.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Ape+lust » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:00 am  •  [Post 37041]

Tigzy wrote:Stupid Myers. Blithering Myers. Funny-as-fuck Myers. From his blogpost about how he winz because the people he banned couldn't come and argue against his particular take on feminism...


He's taken his victory lap all the way over to Ophelia's, where he's trawling for strokes with his reliably killer "li'l ol' me" schtick again.

Image

Image
User avatar
Ape+lust
.
.
 
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jjbinx007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 am  •  [Post 37042]

For the record I refuse to post on the FTB network on the grounds that

a) I don't want my posts altering by the privileged admins

b) posting something on FTB which the hive mind disagrees with soon turns into this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLXaRtc1f4I[/youtube]

c) If I'm banned for disagreeing with the hive mind (or for the crime of posting on this forum) then I would lose my right to reply and defend myself from the shit flung at me in my absence.

d) By adding comments I would inevitably contribute in some way towards page views, which leads to ad revenue (even if I have adblock installed, many others don't)

Also, if I post to my own blog I don't have the audience that the FTBers do so my thoughts/arguments would not reach as many people.
User avatar
jjbinx007
.
.
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:04 am  •  [Post 37043]

sacha wrote:
Zvan isn't even a challenge to Mykeru. It's such an easy win. She has to be offended and outraged, let everyone know she is being victimised so they can run to defend her honour. After all, sex was mentioned and her pussy is sacred. "What if people believe him and think I would have sex in front of a camera!" Her posting of so many of his "sex tape with Laden" tweets on a blog post about Mykeru's sex tape with laden "harassment" almost makes one wonder if he was spot on.



I'm a little in the dark about this, as I don't read FTB crap unless it intrudes on my territory. I treat them like Creationists, they can talk about Jesus riding dinosaurs all they want, it's only when they step on the level playing field of public discourse that they are fair game.

And I will only engage them on a level playing field, something that seems to irritate them to no end. I also don't comment on FTB controlled venues where they can control the discussion by deleting or selectively editing comments.

But in regards to the "Laden/Svan sex tape", which was a one-off joke linking to a gif animation of a small and enthusiastic dog trying to hump a large, indifferent cow, all I can say is this:

That's your "harassment"? After running the "I need to find something I can claim is harassment" playbook you live by, that's all you got?

Stephanie, Justicar even did a video detailing your excusing overt real-world harassment:



So, let me get this straight. A mob of a couple dozen people showing up to menace a lone guy for real, provoke him and tear down his legally posted flyers supporting human rights for everyone while waving around fucking box cutters is just fine, even commendable as far as Stephanie Svan is concerned, but tweeting this as the "Laden/Svan sex tape" is inexcusable, and should be denounced as harassment that is unconscionable in civilized society:

Image

Does it even occur to Stephanie Svan that she is not pure in thought and deed and her "it's okay when we do it" attitude may actually have something to do with the mockery laid on her?

No, probably not.

Stephanie, we have all had more than enough time to watch how you, Rebecca Watson and Greg Laden operate and we know exactly where you are going with this "woman harassing misogynist" fabrication you are formulating. I can only suspect that you are telescoping your actual real-world threats as you think the threats alone will be enough to silence people.

It's not.

Seriously, Stephanie, your hypocrisy is epic in its scope and you can go fuck yourself with your self-serving victim-hood narrative. You and Greg Laden are just a couple of internet crackpots flailing away wildly as you watch the ground shrink under you from your own intolerance, hypocrisy, and need to control through passive-aggressive, and outright aggressive horseshit.

I tremble in fear in my spider-hole as you prepare to file an official "Butt-hurt on the Internet" complaint and scramble the flying monkeys.

Nah, just kidding. I'm going to make fun of you some more.
"reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled" -- Richard P. Feynman
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby jjbinx007 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:04 am  •  [Post 37044]

OK I screwed up the Youtube link. It's basically a load of Agent Smiths fighting Neo, but you could also imagine what the maximum number of 5 year olds you could take on at once and win.
User avatar
jjbinx007
.
.
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Mykeru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:17 am  •  [Post 37045]

Steersman wrote:I would consider Mykeru’s frequent posting and reference to the “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” over quite a lengthy period of time as harassment


Please document this "lengthy period of time" of which you speak because as I remember it, it was one day.

But then again, I'm just the guy who posted it and so can only give a subjective unreliable narrator account without the advantage of your apparent effortless omniscience.
"reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled" -- Richard P. Feynman
User avatar
Mykeru
.
.
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:20 am  •  [Post 37046]

jjbinx007 wrote:Nice bit of bullshit from the Pharyngula comment section:

I have to say I’m amazed. From Shermer to Hoggle, there seems to be a large number of atheists who just cannot wrap their heads around the simple fact that women are people, and when it is pointed out to them that this is so, they start screaming and calling those who dare to point it out to them “anti-man” and “anti-”, it’s truly a thing of wonder.


Source: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-519716

It's odd how the "skeptics" who comment on that blog are happy to let moronic comments like that go by unchecked.


They're not skeptics, they're cult members who suckle at the teat of the narrative provided by people like PZ and Watson. Cult members never, ever think for themselves.
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:21 am  •  [Post 37047]

jjbinx007 wrote:Sorry folks, I'm a bit late to the party... but I just read this and it makes my brain ache.

So, PZ writes a blog post inviting people to give reasons why they're anti-Feminist. Skeptixx gives a reasonable reply and instead of answering any of her points PZ bans her because she posts on this forum.

What the hell?


Because the offer to discuss was insincere. No one from here should have taken PZ up on his "offer".
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:24 am  •  [Post 37048]

Tapir wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Hey let's start a pool! Which of the FTBers will be the next to beg for money? Oddly my money would've been on JT if were still there. I mean his girlfriend's body parts are going to just fall off by themselves are they? So now I have to go with the Countess Svan Zepplin, although I can see Thibideedoodah's student loans coming up.

I reckon the Crommunist will be needing a party pack of very expensive anti-retrovirals pretty soon.


Hahaha. Damn you, Half-Fish!
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:26 am  •  [Post 37049]

Jan Steen wrote:I may add that a large part, probably the great majority, of the 760+ comments were written by PZ's sycophants.


Of course. The whole exercise was nothing but bread and circuses provided by Emperor PeeZed for the Colosseum commentariat crowd.
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Postby Gumby » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:32 am  •  [Post 37050]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
<giordana>Sorry so snippy. I'm quite cranky this morning.</giordana>


FUCK YOU CUNT!!! (sympathises)

Seriously, though, Skep Tickle was the only one to partake, and I would argue she did well, her banning being the best testimony of Myers' hypocrisy.


Haha. Sorry, couldn't resist.

OK, only one. I figured maybe more had tried, maybe by using new aliases. However, it doesn't matter how well one does in situations like this. It was a trap, nothing more. Welch had it right. There's no point in playing the game either by normal rules or their rules. We do much better here and on the wider internet, mocking them, laughing at them, and posting fuck-tons of evidence against them that they can deny all day but can't refute. That's how we take their dishonest rhetorical weaponry from them. The moment we take them seriously enough to actually try to engage them, they go into creationist game-playing mode. Best to leave them just angrily shaking their fists at nothing.
"This isn't Highlander. You don't get to rip down Dawkins or Harris and then, magically, you are as intelligent and accomplished as them." - Abbie
User avatar
Gumby
.
.
 
Posts: 3966
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: comhcinc, Cunt of Personality, JacquesCuze, Lost Moose and 13 guests