Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
ThreeFlangedJavis

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Rayshul:
I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. While he's not homeless yet I'd still think of him with the same level of sympathy at this point (despite earlier being repulsed). If his behavior becomes too erratic and it looks like he's in danger of hurting himself, I think it would be good to contact someone who might be able to help him reorganise/refocus.
Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Horrors:
I don't know what Laden's financial situation is. That apartment in his building was going for $829 (per month I guess), but that was a one bedroom, maybe the Laden's have one one of the larger flats. Apparently $829 is below average in his home town, which is a tough place to rent. I don't know how that compares with the US generally. His previous place looked nicer and the one before that was much nicer. So maybe he is coming down in the world.
Tired and couldn't be arsed to wrack the noggin, but I read the suggestion somewhere today that Lardyarse's current address info is being telegraphed like he's begging someone to do a Lardy on him. Could it be fake info?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Horrors:
I don't know what Laden's financial situation is. That apartment in his building was going for $829 (per month I guess), but that was a one bedroom, maybe the Laden's have one one of the larger flats. Apparently $829 is below average in his home town, which is a tough place to rent. I don't know how that compares with the US generally. His previous place looked nicer and the one before that was much nicer. So maybe he is coming down in the world.
Tired and couldn't be arsed to wrack the noggin, but I read the suggestion somewhere today that Lardyarse's current address info is being telegraphed like he's begging someone to do a Lardy on him. Could it be fake info?
My Google-fu yielded different results, FWIW.

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

A dark and stormy night? Really Greg plagiarizing Snoopy/Charles Schultz. Sad, just sad. No, make that contemptible.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Rayshul:
I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. While he's not homeless yet I'd still think of him with the same level of sympathy at this point (despite earlier being repulsed). If his behavior becomes too erratic and it looks like he's in danger of hurting himself, I think it would be good to contact someone who might be able to help him reorganise/refocus.
Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.
Heh. I don't know why, but this reminds me of that scene in Sicko where Michael Moore sends a check to his cyberstalker with a dedicated hate site to Moore to pay for his wife's hospital bills. It was either pay her bills or close down the site, to which the kicker was, "Fuck you, Michael Moore" - Michael saw that, sent a hefty check and the guy's still blogging.

The punchline being the suggestion of doing the same thing for Greg. Get him back on his feet so he can keep blogging and keep being a doxxing wankstain.

franc

Post by franc »

rayshul wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
rayshul wrote: don't even understand them asking for money at this point. They live in the US, do they want people to pay for their entire surgery experience? Are they trying to avoid medical debt entirely? I kind of assumed that most people just like... accept it, work out a mortgagey style plan with their bank/whatever, and live with it... or something.
I think it has more to do with "I'll be out of work and not paid so give me money to compensate". Fucking irritating beyond belief.
They all need to learn fucking saving and financial responsibility and shit.
You don't understand. They are entitled.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

"It was a dark and stormy night. Dark, because I had my head up my ass as usual, stormy, because I had chilly for lunch". ---excerpt from Laden's book.

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Sulaco wrote:A dark and stormy night? Really Greg plagiarizing Snoopy/Charles Schultz. Sad, just sad. No, make that contemptible.
Retracting. Seems I'm wrong, and the phrase is a bit older than Schultz's beginning.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Steersman wrote:
rayshul wrote:I am also not super down with fucking with Laden because when people have nothing to lose they go a bit nuts and also because, well, he's now reduced to a really pathetic situation. ….
Tend to agree with that as well. While Laden seems definitely to have crossed the line in the doxing department, some of the attacks against him are starting to show some similarities with bear-baiting; gratuitous savagery ….
I do understand the return attacks because he is attacking people without remorse (and without dignity). I like TFJ's characterisation here:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.
But it's just a bit sad now. Because he's 54 and he's not very good at the whole writing-thing and he feels like he should be a figure of pity. I don't react to people shouting on the street unless I think they're going to get into a dangerous situation, it feels like the same kind of thing.

That's just me, obviously.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Sulaco wrote:
A dark and stormy night? Really Greg plagiarizing Snoopy/Charles Schultz. Sad, just sad. No, make that contemptible.

Retracting. Seems I'm wrong, and the phrase is a bit older than Schultz's beginning.
Rats, Foiled again!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Sulaco wrote:
Sulaco wrote:A dark and stormy night? Really Greg plagiarizing Snoopy/Charles Schultz. Sad, just sad. No, make that contemptible.
Bulwer Lytton, I believe.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sulaco wrote:
Bulwer-Lytton.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Predating Schulz by a bit more than a century. "It was a dark and stormy night" was first coined by novelist Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1830.

Still, Schulz was clearly the better writer and he did his best work using elementary school characters! Greg... has trouble dealing even with perspiration. Fucking hell, Greg, there's such a thing called a 'shower'. Use it!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The "dark and stormy night" line, much parodied, comes from Edward Bulwer-Lytton, a British writer from the 19th century. It has since become an example of the worst way in which you can begin a story.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Mykeru wrote:
Yes indeed. Old Greggy's book is down to 2.5 stars.
Epic review:
“ Just awful writing and the entire story doesn't make any sense. ”

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

I didn't realize that Bulwer-Lytton is considered by many as the worst writer of prose in the history of the English language. I learn something new, not just everyday, but several times a day. I have a collection of his works on the shelf, I might have to take a peek.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
rayshul wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
rayshul wrote: don't even understand them asking for money at this point. They live in the US, do they want people to pay for their entire surgery experience? Are they trying to avoid medical debt entirely? I kind of assumed that most people just like... accept it, work out a mortgagey style plan with their bank/whatever, and live with it... or something.
I think it has more to do with "I'll be out of work and not paid so give me money to compensate". Fucking irritating beyond belief.
They all need to learn fucking saving and financial responsibility and shit.
Here's what bugs the living shit out of me - my guy may very well have to deal with some awful shit. He'll still go to work nearly every day he's able. Even if he's dragging ass, feels like shit, everything hurts, he'll still go to work. People like Greta and Ed? They'd rather beg for money. And that hits me on some serious levels now.
I posted back when Greta did her begging. No, I didn't donate and I know that several from here did. Well, those that did, thought differently. Okay. Everyone does as they feel they need to do at the time. I felt no sympathy for her because it was only TWO weeks she was talking about being unable to "work".

I don't beg from others and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I have been in dire circumstances once or twice in my life. I do have empathy for others. Just not these.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Dilurk wrote:
Gumby wrote:
I know more than a few atheists that want no part of the entire enterprise any longer. I am losing interest in atheist activism, myself and can find little motivation to do much more than make swipes at religion and the way that it affects society. Beyond this, I want to do little else; because I am finally starting to see that it is not religion that makes society shitty. It is people.
That is one thing that has always been clear to me. "The world would be a far better place without humans."

It has never been just religion It has always been dogma and our emotional clinging onto dogma. This is why being a freethinker is difficult for some as learning to think with the grey matter not the pineal gland is very hard for NTs. Though they can with training.
You give them far too much credit. Old dogs can be trained, but very few NTs.

franc

Mighty Hero Myers

Post by franc »

Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... idiculous/

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge. Seems timely to remind Myers of John the Others offer which he has not responded to as yet -

http://www.avoiceformen.com/video/remin ... pz-meyers/

Myers the hero - no wonder JTO terrifies him. He has to fly home to the safety of Buttfuck Minnesota just to gather enough nerve to harass a small time gelato vendor.

Myers, you are a liar, a charlatan, a fraud, but above all else, an inconsequential chickenshit. You do the community proud. Not to mention, you are also god's gift to the loopy religious right.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Once upon a time
it was a dark and stormy night
two drunks got on an elevator....

MERRY FUCKEN CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND WELCOME TO THE SLYMEPIT PANTOMIME!
Starring:
Greg Laden and PZ Myers (from t'internet) as The Ugly Sisters
and Rebecca Watson (famed for...er...) as Cinderella

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Well, just across my RSS feed:

PZ does his "no one could give rational reasons, Al made a video, every one who disagrees is an irrational asshole anti-feminist" post (just a summary, not a quote). Yawn.

And, of course, Stefunny puts up another post defending poor Greggie, and I may be mistaken, but she didn't say anything about his actions, just all those horrible people stalking him. Poor Greg, the victim - must be his testosterone-poisoned brain.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Al, you were epic.

Darren

Re: Mighty Hero Myers

Post by Darren »

franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge.
Oh, I remember this. This was the "challenge" in which 'pytters were disqualified from partipating, right?

I can't believe I once actually tried to like this guy. Thankfully, I failed.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
http://www.freezepage.com/1356327950EZVZJKLAXR

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

franc wrote: Once again, the Lord has made my enemies ridiculous
Who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Hmmm... 43 users total, with 37 guests. What have we done now?

Meanwhile, A+ has 19 users total, with 12 guests (and two of the registered users are bots).

sacha

Post by sacha »

CommanderTuvok wrote:http://i.imgur.com/KemFN.jpg
well that's odd. It sounds as though she is articulating exactly how women who disagree with Baboons are treated by ... Baboons

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

justinvacula wrote:Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
I think she probably has a point as far as those tweets qualifying as harassment. But considering that, even though she doesn’t defend the doxing by Laden, she certainly elides the question, one has to wonder what her position was on the doxing of the protesters at the University of Toronto who were harassing – actually circumscribing people’s freedom of speech and freedom of assembly – those who wished to hear William Farrell speak there. Particularly since Ophelia, indulging in a little bit of demagogery, created a couple of posts critical of that doxing. Which suggests, of course, that there will be several forthcoming posts from her that will be equally critical of Laden's doxing ….

comslave

Post by comslave »

Steersman wrote:
Tend to agree with that as well. While Laden seems definitely to have crossed the line in the doxing department, some of the attacks against him are starting to show some similarities with bear-baiting; gratuitous savagery ….

Doxxing, while rude as hell, Rarely results in serious harm. Just substancial embarassment when co-workers find out you're the big-titted cam-whore on Youtube. Most the people who criticize FTB appear to be showing their faces anyway, so how much harm is possible is probably not great. After all, we're just offending a bunch of keyboard warriors who wouldn't know what real activism was if it walked up and bit them on their overused asses. It's not like we're offending muslims...oops, I went there.

Hold on, didn't Thunderf00t, like, offend every last muslim on the planet and still lives his happy life fucking with a nuclear reactor? Getting doxxed can't be all bad. I mean, if Thunderf00t can still be alive, no one else has anything to worry about.

The more I hear about Laden, the more the term useless comes to mind. Off to better targets.

franc

Post by franc »

sacha wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:http://i.imgur.com/KemFN.jpg
well that's odd. It sounds as though she is articulating exactly how women who disagree with Baboons are treated by ... Baboons
Marnie is a dumb numb cunt. I know precisely what her accusations of misogyny against me would amount to - my treating her in exactly the same way I treat every white male I meet. Cunt. Get thee to a nunnery.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Darren wrote:Hmmm... 43 users total, with 37 guests. What have we done now?

Meanwhile, A+ has 19 users total, with 12 guests (and two of the registered users are bots).
That's classic Tom Jones (It's Not Unusual) and has been since the digging of the pit was begun, Nothing to see here - move along.

And to all the FC(n)/smelly-snatch skepchcks/baboollies: hello!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, apropos of not much, I want to make a very, very belated call-out to John Greg. In the earliest days ( the first 72 hours) of the Pyt I was dithering about playing nice with people, or letting free speech rule. JG helped me make the right decision. JG is one of the spiritual parents here.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Darren wrote:
franc wrote:Because the short fat prick reads here. The hero just posted this -

- beating his chest about how feeble the MRA's, rapists and chillgirls are for failing to rise to his challenge.
Oh, I remember this. This was the "challenge" in which 'pytters were disqualified from partipating, right?

I can't believe I once actually tried to like this guy. Thankfully, I failed.
Well, it was only confirmed that we were disqualified after one of us tried to participate. Prior to that it was an entirely fair fight at PeeZed's house, with all his baboons as seconds and chosen weapon: ban-hammer.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comslave wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Doxxing, while rude as hell, Rarely results in serious harm. Just substancial embarassment when co-workers find out you're the big-titted cam-whore on Youtube. Most the people who criticize FTB appear to be showing their faces anyway, so how much harm is possible is probably not great. After all, we're just offending a bunch of keyboard warriors who wouldn't know what real activism was if it walked up and bit them on their overused asses. It's not like we're offending muslims...oops, I went there.

Hold on, didn't Thunderf00t, like, offend every last muslim on the planet and still lives his happy life fucking with a nuclear reactor? Getting doxxed can't be all bad. I mean, if Thunderf00t can still be alive, no one else has anything to worry about.

The more I hear about Laden, the more the term useless comes to mind. Off to better targets.
I don’t really have much problem with the process, myself. And I generally agree – with maybe not enough reflection on the question – with what happened over the U of T kerfuffle: if people cross the line between reasonable argument and harassment then I figure that the public has a right to know who is doing that - otherwise we might as well allow everyone to wear burkas whenever and wherever they want, even bank-robbers. But “collateral damage” tends to be counterproductive ….
Generally agree with you there – kind of surprised that it’s become an issue. But I also kind of have to wonder whether or not there’s some method in Mykeru’s madness, that he’s trying to make a point over the issue with the U of T and the Voice for Men response which very few of the FfTB crowd dealt with (not their ox being gored even if that is rather short-sighted if not self-serving), except in a negative way. Which does seem to be quite a bit more of an important issue as it relates to some egregious manifestations of “virulent feminism” – Ophelia, please note ….

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Steersman wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Stephanie Zvan doesn't defend Laden, but apparently doxxing is OK if the other person happened to say something you didn't like? ???

Stephanie's post:
I think she probably has a point as far as those tweets qualifying as harassment. But considering that, even though she doesn’t defend the doxing by Laden, she certainly elides the question, one has to wonder what her position was on the doxing of the protesters at the University of Toronto who were harassing – actually circumscribing people’s freedom of speech and freedom of assembly – those who wished to hear William Farrell speak there. Particularly since Ophelia, indulging in a little bit of demagogery, created a couple of posts critical of that doxing. Which suggests, of course, that there will be several forthcoming posts from her that will be equally critical of Laden's doxing ….
When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE (in the hope that it was Mykeru's place of residence), the gloves are off. He's a scumbag. You wouldn't find it acceptable with a bit of mild mocking with that kind of encouragement? Moreover, wouldn't you do it yourself if that's how Laden treated you? For instance, Griffiths has every right to mock or insult Laden.

And Zvan has the GALL to tell JUSTIN to knock it off?

Harassment? Laden? In what version of the universe not inhabited by Zvan would that even count to constitute as harassment?

Seriously, Griffiths gets threatened with violence, it's Griffiths who should knock it off. Mykeru's ex-wife's old place gets doxxed, Griffiths reports on it and once again it's Griffiths who should knock it off? Stephanie. Don't take this the wrong way: fuck you.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hey, Mykeru - who is this Lsouma of whom you speak?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Okay, I re-read Zvan's article (hopefully never have to type that again) and I missed something at the bottom which just blows my mind.

No, seriously. What the fuck.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6876 ... typlus.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GJrvfChO8rw/T ... ed-gif.gif

My shock and disgust is so encompassing at that comment, I resort to using a gif of Marky Mark to describe it. A definite sign we're going in the opposite direction of progress.

But wait! There's more!

Next who should show up in the comment section other than Greg Laden himself, where he (surprise surprise) denies any allegations made against him despite evidence of the contrary. Just as "if I ever see you in person I'm going to kick your ass" is a mild, harmless expression in the eyes of Greg Laden that couldn't ever conceivably be seen as a threat, "dick" in the eyes of Zvan is an "informal salutation" and couldn't ever be conceived as a gendered epithet. In other words, they're meant for eachother, aren't they? If you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to have to throw up from that mental image.

Anyway, without further ado, here's Greg Laden doing what he does best: being a daft cunt. You too, Zvan, you fucking idiot.

Honourable mention to Azkyroth in the hall of shitholes, for making the worst analogy in the history of worst analogies.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6103 ... denwtf.jpg

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

BarnOwl wrote:IANACS*, but several things about this story don't seem quite right, or at least seem exaggerated for dramatic effect. First of all, a morbidly obese person with an unhealthy lifestyle has had "open heart surgery", lymph node biopsies, and three chest tubes placed, and is blogging away merrily just a few days later? I'd believe that a sternal window was made and fluid drained from his thorax, but I'm having trouble with the "open heart surgery" part, which I associate with coronary artery bypass, aneurysm repair, valve replacement, heart transplant, or correction of a congenital heart defect. I'm thinking sternum sawed in half, rib spreaders, heart-lung machine, the whole bloody nine yards, and I don't think that's what Ed had. Call me hyper-skeptical. Also call me a person who worked as a nurse aide on a cardiovascular floor for the pre- and post-op patients of a certain Dr. M.E. DeBakey. Patients who came back to the floor from the ICU after having open heart surgery wouldn't have been up to the task of blogging for the first few days, had such a thing existed ... I know, because I was usually the one who had to convince them and help them to sit up on the edge of the bed ("dangle") and then walk the first time post-op. All of that would have been even more difficult, complicated, and prolonged for a patient who was Ed's size.

* Cardiothoracic Surgeon
I agree with your assessment on this.

Ed says his symptoms were awful starting December 15, seen in ED that day, hospitalized December 17 after calling 911, had CT scans & other tests (an echocardiogram it sounds like), heart rate around 200, then finally "open-heart surgery" on December 18. There were 14 new topics posted at his blog (under his name) on December 17; since then, the number of new posts per day slowed down but didn't stop. I didn't check how topical each was; maybe he had some already written & scheduled to auto-post for those days, or maybe someone else was writing & posting under his name (maybe that's an arrangement he has had with someone else or some other people), or maybe somehow they autogenerate from his news feeds (seems unlikely but wouldn't it be cool)?

Then, on December 22, he 'fesses up that something's been up, he's been hospitalized & went through "open heart surgery" but now he "has a real computer" and can tell all. He doesn't say he's home; maybe he's still in the hospital but recuperated enough to start blogging again on his laptop. Maybe, just maybe, that could all be consistent with his story if the decompensation on the 17th was late in the day and he's so driven to blog that it's the first thing he does once the chest tubes are out.

But still, despite his comment that they took Black & Decker to his sternum, it sounds very odd that anyone would do so. It's not at all clear why they would "crack" his chest (median sternotomy) for the symptoms and/or findings he's described. I agree, it sounds more like the kind of thing a pericardial window would be done for, and maybe also mediastinoscopy and/or thoracoscopy for the lymph node biopsies (although the 3 chest tubes would fit better w/ sternotomy, I think). Maybe he had some super-aggressive and fairly-clueless cardiothoracic surgeon (bad combination of traits for anyone in medicine, yikes).

Anyone know if Ed smokes or used to smoke? On his blog he suggested maybe a fungal infection or sarcoidosis, but enlarged lymph nodes in the chest & a bunch of fluid where it really shouldn't be in a middle-age white westerner is probably more likely to be lung cancer.
real horrorshow wrote:... I'm left to judge by the only reliable, objective criteria I have: [Laden's] conduct; the image of himself he chooses to project. From those data, I conclude he's a sack of shit. If there's reasonable insurance to provide for his NOK, I'd say his death would be a net benefit to the world.
FWIW, I can't wish any of them ill. (Obviously, I "won't" is more accurate. I literally "can", heh.) Ill health and death will come soon enough for all of us; I'm not going to wish for it to happen sooner for anyone, except a person who is suffering so much without chance of respire that they themself wish it to come sooner.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Stephanie's post:
When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE ….
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? As Mykeru himself pointed out, all that was necessary to find his real name, and presumably or apparently his address, was to check his blog, although I'll concede that revealing the addresses of "non-combatants" qualifies as a dickhead move. But I think revealing Mykeru’s name/address == revealing Surly Amy’s name/address == revealing U of T protestors’ names/addresses. You can’t very well claim the moral high ground or be free from the taint of a charge of hypocrisy if you’re jake with one case but not with the others.
Harassment? Laden? In what version of the universe not inhabited by Zvan would that even count to constitute as harassment?
What are you referring to as harassment? Unless you’re trying to suggest “Zvan telling Justin to knock it off”, I think you need to check your eyes or your rose-coloured classes as I would consider Mykeru’s frequent posting and reference to the “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” over quite a lengthy period of time as harassment – as indicated in the post by Zvan. But maybe you didn’t actually read the tweets before hitting the “high dudgeon” switch – fill your boots.

As for why Mykeru is doing that, it seems, as I indicated in a previous post, a rather pointless waste of time and some apparently not inconsiderable talents – unless it’s maybe done to highlight some rather egregious FfTB hypocrisy.
Don't take this the wrong way: fuck you.
Up yours ….

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:
The list:

Talk, talk it's only talk.

5. Erroneous Evopsych Evaluations. Environmentally-irresponsible. Etiolated Egomaniac. Education Elided. Erudition Exiguous. Empty-headed Exhortations. Embarrassing Expositions. Ego. Ego. Ego.

4. Dishonest Delusional Denial. Disreputable Deduction. Dazed Dense Douchebag. These are words with a D this time. Deficient Discernment. Deleted Dissension. Disagreeable Dox-dropping Denouncer. Double talk. Double talk. Double wide.

3. Cancelled Comment Consternation. Crabbily Creating Controversy. Cherry-picked Corrupt Criticisms. Callow Conceited Conversation. Confined Competence. Collecting Crappy Ceramics. Contemptible Chit-chat. Chit-chat.

2. Bossy Befuddled Basket-case. Brain-dead Babble. Bullying Witch-hunt Brouhaha. Beastly Backbiting. Boring Butterflies Bleating. Baffled Bloggular Bannination. Bicker. Bicker. Bicker.

1. Attention-seeking Antics. Arrogant Academician. Antagonistic Asshole Announcements. Avoiding Argument. Annoying Autocratic Animosity. Absence of Acumen. Awful Accusations. Asinine Analysis. Arse. Arse. Arsewad.
WHOOOOOO?

well done

Darren

Post by Darren »

It is interesting that in Laden's comment on Stephalump's blog (see Pitchguest's screencap above), he continually refers to the phrase, "to kick someone in the ass", rather than, "to kick someone's ass". Ahh, nuance.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I mean, is he equating Justin Vacula to a school shooter and Laden a bystander who would shoot him in the head?

:confusion-shrug:

Worse, is he saying Laden is justified? (The analogy is shit, obviously. Justin isn't a school shooter, Laden isn't a good samaritan. With a gun.)

And did Stephanie just say Justin "begged Laden for his forgiveness"?

...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggghhhhh

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GJrvfChO8rw/T ... ed-gif.gif

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

I'm not going to post it, but it turned out to be quite easy to find the address of a certain someone who lives in the same city as Greg and sticks up for him.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Pitchguest wrote:I mean, is he equating Justin Vacula to a school shooter and Laden a bystander who would shoot him in the head?
You mean Justin Griffith, right? I'm confused enough as it were.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Stephanie's post:
When Laden went for the jugular and tried to get Mykeru to reveal his name and address on twitter, only to later not only reveal his name but also his EX-WIFE'S OLD RESIDENCE ….
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? As Mykeru himself pointed out, all that was necessary to find his real name, and presumably or apparently his address, was to check his blog, although I'll concede that revealing the addresses of "non-combatants" qualifies as a dickhead move. But I think revealing Mykeru’s name/address == revealing Surly Amy’s name/address == revealing U of T protestors’ names/addresses. You can’t very well claim the moral high ground or be free from the taint of a charge of hypocrisy if you’re jake with one case but not with the others.
I'm sorry, Steers, but have you gone senile? You know as well as I do that Vacula didn't post Amy's address as a malevolent act. He posted it in light of an accusation that he'd counter-DMCA to get her address. Besides, it was denounced on the 'pit so it can't well be an indictment against its members either, now can it? Moreover, Surly had doxxed herself essentially by linking her real address to her business. Still, it was denounced, and doxxing on here still is as far as I know. And if you bring up Brownian, don't even go there; the idiot practically challenged people to find his real name, only for people to find out his real name had been stamped on FOUR seperate networks, easily accesible and with the username 'Brownian'.
What are you referring to as harassment? Unless you’re trying to suggest “Zvan telling Justin to knock it off”, I think you need to check your eyes or your rose-coloured classes as I would consider Mykeru’s frequent posting and reference to the “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” over quite a lengthy period of time as harassment – as indicated in the post by Zvan. But maybe you didn’t actually read the tweets before hitting the “high dudgeon” switch – fill your boots.

As for why Mykeru is doing that, it seems, as I indicated in a previous post, a rather pointless waste of time and some apparently not inconsiderable talents – unless it’s maybe done to highlight some rather egregious FfTB hypocrisy.
I can't remember the exact timeline, but if I recall that happened *after* Laden had issued a challenge to Mykeru to reveal his name and address and later calling him a coward when he wouldn't by his rules. And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment. I mean, consider how Laden have threatened physical violence, called men defective women with an inherent rape-switch and then he issues challenges to people so they can meet "face to face." That people mock him afterwards is his own problem. You reap what you sow. To call it harassment, in light of his own behaviour, is embarassing. Fuck sake, according to himself, he's a "large muscular guy" with a viscious pitbull and a gun tucked away in his trousers. With credentials like that, wouldn't you think he'd have a thicker skin?
Don't take this the wrong way: fuck you.
Up yours ….
That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Phil, you look particulary French in your new photo. (Also kind of like Inigo Montoya, but with a little bit sharper edges.)

_______

Meanwhile, on a completely different topic, over at Atheism+ Forum, the joint is...not jumping. Google bot must be getting kinda lonely over there right now.

http://i.imgur.com/dn2Un.png

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I mean, is he equating Justin Vacula to a school shooter and Laden a bystander who would shoot him in the head?
You mean Justin Griffith, right? I'm confused enough as it were.
No. Vacula. The other poster said "it was wrong when Justin Vacula doxxed Surly Amy, and it's wrong now" and Azkyroth responded with ... that stupid analogy ... where he said, in response, that's like saying someone shooting Lanza in the head before he could shoot more people would be no better than him, which is dumb, according to kiss Azkyroth. Then he said "context matters."

I can't figure out what he means by that. It could mean a number of things. All of them bad.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Pitchguest wrote:And did Stephanie just say Justin "begged Laden for his forgiveness"?
That was Laden's story - Griffith phoned drunk and slobbered all over him. Of course, she'll hold to that as stone fact. If Laden said he had a wallet made from a tit, she'd call it immersive gender fluidity or somesuch. Can't do enough for her snookums.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:
No. Vacula. The other poster said "it was wrong when Justin Vacula doxxed Surly Amy, and it's wrong now" and Azkyroth responded with ... that stupid analogy ... where he said, in response, that's like saying someone shooting Lanza in the head before he could shoot more people would be no better than him, which is dumb, according to kiss Azkyroth. Then he said "context matters."

I can't figure out what he means by that. It could mean a number of things. All of them bad.
Oh, ok. I missed the context because I didn't read his comment.

BTW, Azkyroth is yet another super secret anonymous commenter whose real name is in the first results of a google search (and no, I wasn't stalking, I wanted to check if I had had previous interactions with him).

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

To end with, some final comments from me before I head to bed. (It's 9 AM, it's Christmas Eve, I'm knackered.)

On Stephanie's blog post, Anthony K (formerly known as stain on the carpet) and Gilliel had this to say,
Gilliel wrote:
Brownian wrote:Not wrong? Bullshit.

If it was publicly known and circulated, then what was your purpose in posting it?

You fucked up here, Greg.

This in no way validates any of the bullshit the Slymefuckers engage in, but you fucked up. If you have a legitimate reason for knowing someone’s identity and address, you can share that with the proper authorities.
Whatever the poster formerly known as Ian Brown said.
No, Greg, not an excuse.
Better said, it’s exactly the excuse Vacula used to post Amy’s address.
And the fact that one of them is a depicaple asshole and Amy isn’t doesn’t mean it makes it ok.

But still, that’s doesn’t make this whole fuck OK, doesn’t make the harrasment of you ok, or the threats. Justin’s post is a wonderful example of how selectively representing snips of the truth ammounts to a lie.
Fuck off, and fuck off. Sincerely, the world. Happy holidays, everyone! Ta!

Reap

Post by Reap »

Greg Laden...mere words can not describe the lack of so many positive traits in one man. So I just posted this..

http://reapstruth.blogspot.com/2012/12/ ... ublic.html

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

rayshul wrote:
Punker wrote:I hope that the people posting these book reviews have actually read the book
Believe it or not, I actually have a bookmark that goes straight to his book in my tabs on this computer. I use it as a reference for helping people to write and to think about what they're writing - it's a great example of "what not to do".

I think a fair number of 'pitters read the book - it was disected a month or so ago when it first came out.
*wave*

Not me. I bailed at a "dark and stormy night"

sacha

SJW

Post by sacha »

real horrorshow wrote: http://i.imgur.com/IAB3P.jpg?1

It's called being a big fat bastard!
The good news is that I have health insurance, which I pay on a COBRA from my job with AINN (it runs out in six months and I’ll have to get my own insurance, which thankfully can’t be denied anymore because of the preexisting condition). But I’m still going to have some significant out-of-pocket expenses and loss of income during the recovery period (it’s going to be a couple months before I’m really back to normal). So you can certainly help out financially if you have the means to do so and it would be greatly appreciated.
let's see...

male - check
white - check
plenty of food = not starving - check
has health insurance - check
has
an education
at least one computer
running water
electricity
rubbish pick up
his own home(?) in a first world country..

please add to the list of requirements for Baboon charity status

quote on his facebook page:
"If you have to have a god, it might as well be the one who commands you to pair a robust red wine with a good steak"

I wonder how much sympathy the vast majority of other humans on the planet would have for him

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Pitchguest wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: ...
I'm sorry, Steers, but have you gone senile? You know as well as I do that Vacula didn't post Amy's address as a malevolent act. He posted it in light of an accusation that he'd counter-DMCA to get her address.
So then intent is now magic again? I can never keep track of when it is and when it isn’t, although I do notice that in virtually all cases it tends to be self-serving …. In addition, I don’t recollect there being any text added by JV to unambiguously indicate that he posted it for that reason, at least at the time he posted it. And thanks for reminding me about Browian [AKK, so to speak] – just a little disingenuous to claim that that isn’t doxing when several here did everything but lead people by the hand to the evidence. No difference that I see with what Laden did to find and post Mykeru’s information. And likewise with U of T protesters.
I can't remember the exact timeline, but if I recall that happened *after* Laden had issued a challenge to Mykeru to reveal his name and address and later calling him a coward when he wouldn't by his rules.
If Mykeru’s name is so readily available on his blog – which he acknowledged and pointed to once if not several times in his tweets – one has to think that his “umbrage” is more feigned than real, more suggestive of crocodile tears and a chess gambit.
And the 'Zvan/Laden sex-tape' is what I would call gentle ribbing, not even close to harassment.
I certainly got a bit of chuckle out of it, although more of an "ouch", but I wonder if you would call it a “gentle ribbing” if you were the target - repeatedly, if the allusion was to you and a friend? But even the definition gives some justification for the characterization:
1. To irritate or torment persistently.
2. To wear out; exhaust.
3. To impede and exhaust (an enemy) by repeated attacks or raids.
And I seem to recollect that Dawkins was less than impressed from being caricatured when I thought it was no worse than that religious motif one with Benson, Carrier and company; in the eye of the beholder and all that ….
Fuck sake, according to himself, he's a "large muscular guy" with a viscious pitbull and a gun tucked away in his trousers. With credentials like that, wouldn't you think he'd have a thicker skin?
And you apparently read neither JG’s post nor Laden’s closely enough to notice – maybe some bias? – that that was some very heavy sarcasm. Which, considering the anathematizing of smilies in this neck of the woods, doesn’t seem something you can credibly criticize him for, particularly since he did everything but draw you a picture pointing to that fact:
JG wrote:His tactics are really creepy when you analyze them. He recently posted this:
… I do not regard physical threats as unimportant. It is just that I am a very large, muscular man with martial arts training who never goes anywhere without my pit bull, and I always carry a gun. I am also famous for kicking ass, generally.
He wants to be quote-mined. He craves having a gotcha moment. He waits for somebody to post that quote without acknowledging his post’s cryptic last sentence. Paraphrased: ”Am I kidding? Hard to say.”
It would take a rather large amount of obtuseness or, at best, significant carelessness (or tiredness) to read that literally as a credible threat.
That was meant for Zvan, not you. Don't be melodramatic, Steers.
Ah, missed the “Stephanie” just before that, possibly because it was in a different sentence. But mea culpa.

[Time for me to call it a day as well; night all. Although, as a postscript, it is quite interesting and amusing to see from your last post that Gilliel and Brownian, at least, are coming down against Greg; at least some consistency.]

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:
To the anti-FTB: people I vehemently disagree that ‘all of FtB’ supports Laden. Initially, I even gave off signals that they didn’t have to publicly ‘have my back’. The only reason they may have even entertained not dropping him was because nothing like that had ever happened before, and hindsight is 20/20. You’ll never know how great Ed Brayton was to me on the phone. You’ll never know how many of the people here privately wrote to me in support. It really meant a lot to me, and you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Yeah, there are like two people here on cordial terms with him… that’s a pretty good percentage for a group of people connected only by atheism.
So you're the fat chick they'll fuck, but when anyone else is around, they don't know you. Awesome dude, way to rock the self-esteem. I guess as long as they wash their dicks after they pull out of your ass, but before they jizz on your face, it shows they really care. Okay, they call you a fat fucking cow when their friends are around, but they always lube you up before anal, so they really respect you.
had to be repeated, I just couldn't help myself

sacha

Post by sacha »

real horrorshow wrote:
None of that, however has anything to do with the man's mental health issues - and that's assuming he has any. Nor does it have to do with the way he behaves. Maybe he has some diagnosable condition, but I can't diagnose it. Certainly not from here. I'm left to judge by the only reliable, objective criteria I have: his conduct; the image of himself he chooses to project. From those data, I conclude he's a sack of shit. If there's reasonable insurance to provide for his NOK, I'd say his death would be a net benefit to the world.
I certainly wouldn't push him off the ledge, but I might encourage him to jump.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Skep Tickle: How do I look "French"? That's stereotyping alright, you countryist! And please refrain from using "Montoya". It seems some people are pop-culture deficient and could be baffled by such obscure references, you Princess Brideist!

This cesspool of slyme is getting more and more unsafe-space.

Did I get that right? I'm working on trolling A+

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Also, I've managed to survive that (very short-lived) trend without shooting anyone, so Laden et ass should be safe as far as I'm concerned:

[youtube]Z7EqlVqZY1c[/youtube]

Holydays make me pissy.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, apropos of not much, I want to make a very, very belated call-out to John Greg. In the earliest days ( the first 72 hours) of the Pyt I was dithering about playing nice with people, or letting free speech rule. JG helped me make the right decision. JG is one of the spiritual parents here.
all hail John Greg

windy

Post by windy »

rayshul wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:Nah! You're overthinking this. He's behaving like a textbook bully. It's actually banal as hell the way he resorts to threats and self important bluster. He's not cracking up, he's just an emotional toddler who doesn't get how transparent he is.
But it's just a bit sad now. Because he's 54 and he's not very good at the whole writing-thing and he feels like he should be a figure of pity. I don't react to people shouting on the street unless I think they're going to get into a dangerous situation, it feels like the same kind of thing.
He's a TROLL, he's been doing this for years and he's very good at it (getting reactions from people by making nonsensical statements and insinuations). Call out the threats but I don't see the point of feeding him for the other crap. Like the pit bull and gun comment, how much more transparent trolling you can get?
Pitchquest wrote:My shock and disgust is so encompassing at that comment, I resort to using a gif of Marky Mark to describe it. A definite sign we're going in the opposite direction of progress.
Like Marky says in that movie, "there are forces at work beyond our understanding".

Zvan has defended Laden calling women bitches. Zvan has banned people from her blog for pointing out something unethical Greg did. When Laden's email to Justin Griffiths was revealed, Zvan defended it by comparing Greg to a bullied kid (that was the worst analogy in the history of worst analogies.) At this point it would be more shocking if she didn't do it.