The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
sp0tlight

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by sp0tlight »

Kirbmarc wrote:I wonder who [name redacted] is, if she even exists.
Seems like a confidence game, play yourself as being desirable, look less miserable writing a "hey gurl wan som fuk" e-mail to colleague.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Spike13 wrote:

I have never seen such a blatant example of phallic privledge, tank rape culture, and plane patriarchy!
You mother-intercourser!. Now I will be banned from all Skepticon's, forever, and the Orbit and FTB will never offer me a blog spot. I am going to talk to Carrier's lawyer and sue you for, I'm thinking, oh lets round it off to 2 million dollars. Yeah, that will teach you. You've just been A10 Warthog fucked into the ground.
2mil would put a dent in my trust fund... No more designer kind bud for me...

Wait! I propose a compromise!

The picture of the shell next to the beer bottle gives me an idea....
We could crowdsource funds to develop a "marital aid" ...we could call it the " Big Bang!"

Or we could just take the money and piss it away on hookers and blow and call it research....

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lsuoma wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Hemant joins the party:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witterfeed
I like the fact that he's asking for a trial by jury. I would LOVE to see him deposed, and in the witness box.
A trial by jury?????? Oh, this just gets fucking better and fucking better.

By the way, a lot of people are commenting on how these SJWs are eating their own. Well, they are now devouring their own faeces.

:hankey:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Pretty cool Youtube channel about planes:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjchEO ... 80w/videos

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

OK. So a lawyer representing both Lara Lane & Skepticon wrote authored this lengthy well researched reply:
CuntajusRationality wrote:Skepticon Response: http://docdro.id/eUs7E9S
And Skepticon has this on their website regarding donations:
Skepticon wrote:DONATIONS = CONFERENCE
by Bluebecca | Sep 24, 2016
Team Skepticon would like to remind everyone that ALL donations go to the conference and ONLY to the conference. If Skepticon ever needs funds for anything else, our team will work to obtain them in another way, or will be very up front about where those particular donations go.
We thank everyone for their support to keep Skepticon the largest FREE skeptic conference in the nation!
Love,
Team Skepticon
Does that mean that Skepticon did not pay a lawyer for that response that they sent? Was it probono? Did someone else pay the lawyer to represent Skepticon? Is the verbage on the 24th misleading people concerned about donations for the conference going to the Carrier lawsuit into thinking their funds will not go to that, yet the Skepticon staff view defense of the Skepticon a critical part of continuing the conference? Or is that just a statement of what they will do going forward? Surely Skepticon should have some sort of legal representation given that Carrier has initiated a 2 million dollar lawsuit against them.

So what is up with that?

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Well, I'm not sure if my fellow pitters will love, hate, or pity me.

But here is a nice picture of Vox Day in a colorful tutu!
VD_before.jpg
(164.28 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Why? A charity run , and the "Dread Ilk" ponied up 5K.

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/09/the ... urage.html

PZ Meyers in a lawsuit, VD in a tutu!
I'm sure for some of you, it doesn't get any better than this!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:Par on course with WMDKitty. She believes that accusations are evidence and that Shermer is a "confirmed rapist", so of course she thinks that Carrier is guilty too just because he's been accused. WMDKitty is the kind of person who probably believed that Bill Nye was a sexual predator back when someone told PZ in private that he was.
Now let me guess. I bet WMDKitty DOES NOT believe the allegations against PZ Myers?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I just noticed that Lauren Lane offered sex to Carrier in exchange for him writing her a letter of recommendation for grad school.

Isn't that illegal? Or at the very least unethical?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Now let me guess. I bet WMDKitty DOES NOT believe the allegations against PZ Myers?
S/h/it read about the allegations coming from a man. S/h/it can never trust what a man says. Since s/h/it read about it from a man it has pass through an unreliablity filter and therefore cannot be believed.

Checkmate Anti-SJW.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

HunnyBunny wrote:Oh dear, those Heina emails.

:twatson:

Oh dear god. Oh dear god. I'm reading them right now, and I almost want to be saying, 'DICKY LEAVE IT, SHE'S CLEARLY NOT INTERESTED, STOP ACTING LIKE SOME CREEPY ELLIOT ROGER STALKER.' :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

InfraRedBucket wrote:Well, well. well

This is one those Sally ("Psychic") Morgan vs the Daily Mail type legal battles where you want both to lose.

-

You know those videos of amateur, bungling Jihadis who accidentally blow themselves and their buddies up, while PREPARING their attack at their base.......it feels a bit like that!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tigzy wrote:

Oh dear god. Oh dear god. I'm reading them right now, and I almost want to be saying, 'DICKY LEAVE IT, SHE'S CLEARLY NOT INTERESTED, STOP ACTING LIKE SOME CREEPY ELLIOT ROGER STALKER.' :lol:
Jesus Christ. This is unbelievable. I've now got to the point where he's giving a wall-of-text point by point rebuttal to one of her 'fuck off' emails.

So this is what happens when a sperg goes in seduction mode.

How is Dicky not still a virgin, if this is typical of his seduction technique? I can only conclude that the only fucks he's ever received are pity ones.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

"Your eyes just melt me"

"Competence is erotic"

"especially that night we played slash" (is this some kind of urination game???)

This is just from the first email from Carrier to Heina. Are these for FUCKING REAL. It is almost as if they were purposely written just to give us shitz and gigglez.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Can anyone imagine the Richard Carrier's writings on spooge & choking women being read out by Carrier to a jury to help substantiate that Carrier already had a poor reputation in the Atheist Skeptic community and that the writings by others could in no way sink his reputation any lower?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Hemant joins the party:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... witterfeed
I like the fact that he's asking for a trial by jury. I would LOVE to see him deposed, and in the witness box.
I wanted Carrier to demand a trial by combat. He against PZ.

By the way, this is the lawyer that Skepticon contacted to write a letter to Carrier's lawyer. I don't think that her fees are cheap.

Interesting facts: she's the first woman who is a vice chair in the Republican party (!!)'s history and she's a very religious Sikh. Not someone who you'd think would do pro-bono work for a Skeptic association.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tigzy wrote:

I read part of his first email and said to myself 'no point in going on, it's going to be creepy as all fuck and I just don't want to soil my brain with creepy shit...'

feathers

Post by feathers »

d4m10n wrote:
deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Meet bad ideas with good ideas.

Meet violence with violence.
Or we could limit "refugee" immigration and avoid the whole violence thing altogether. Or at least keep it down to reasonable levels.

Why is refugee in scare quotes? Do you doubt that people living in Syria and the Levant are sincere in their desire to flee the Islamic State?
I can't answer for deLurch, but only about 50-55% of the current influx of refugees comes from Syria to my knowledge. Then there's a contingent from Afghanistan (which is not technically at war), relatively few from Iraq, and the rest is the usual suspects: Morocco, Tunisia, Somalia, Sudan etc.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Had those emails not come from official sources, I would have assumed they were very good parodies written by members of the Pit.

This farcical showdown between Carrier and the SJW Baboons is giving me a kind of bliss I can only imagine is possible by doing crack cocaine or heroin.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

Jesus Christ. This is unbelievable. I've now got to the point where he's giving a wall-of-text point by point rebuttal to one of her 'fuck off' emails.

So this is what happens when a sperg goes in seduction mode.

How is Dicky not still a virgin, if this is typical of his seduction technique? I can only conclude that the only fucks he's ever received are pity ones.
I sometimes wonder if Dicky is actually a virgin/near virgin who's overcompensating.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:"Your eyes just melt me"

"Competence is erotic"

"especially that night we played slash" (is this some kind of urination game???)

This is just from the first email from Carrier to Heina. Are these for FUCKING REAL. It is almost as if they were purposely written just to give us shitz and gigglez.
'...for me, admiring a woman is an enormous turn on.'

http://i.imgur.com/natRxq1.png

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Richard Carrier: "I didn't notice any noticing at all".

BTW, I love how in typical SJW fashion, they can't just say "no, not interested" or "thanks, but no thanks", but have to keep on and keep on clarifying positions and intentions, almost as if they are consulting some type of SJW checklist of procedures. No wonder I fucking despise these fuckers.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dicky:
" http://i.imgur.com/leX2Uki.png "

Heina: "Ugh, no thanks."

Dicky:
" http://i.imgur.com/1dOUh9E.png "

Heina: "No."

Dicky:
" http://i.imgur.com/TTt2C8T.png "

Heina: "NO FUCK OFF!"

Dicky:
" http://i.imgur.com/ExTRWvg.png "

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: I like the fact that he's asking for a trial by jury. I would LOVE to see him deposed, and in the witness box.
I wanted Carrier to demand a trial by combat. He against PZ.

By the way, this is the lawyer that Skepticon contacted to write a letter to Carrier's lawyer. I don't think that her fees are cheap.

Interesting facts: she's the first woman who is a vice chair in the Republican party (!!)'s history and she's a very religious Sikh. Not someone who you'd think would do pro-bono work for a Skeptic association.
Doesn't joining forces with a Republican make Skepticon the bad guys by default?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Richard Carrier: "I didn't notice any noticing at all".

BTW, I love how in typical SJW fashion, they can't just say "no, not interested" or "thanks, but no thanks", but have to keep on and keep on clarifying positions and intentions, almost as if they are consulting some type of SJW checklist of procedures. No wonder I fucking despise these fuckers.
SJWs are utopians. In their ideal society a woman is never to be made uncomfortable or even "annoyed at worst". They want to live in a world where people are viciously punished for stepping over a social boundary, and the viciousness is justified because the person couldn't have possibly not known they were stepping over a social boundary in that instance. It doesn't take but a moment of thought to see this project can only be realized if you codify the entirety of human interaction. You end up with hysterical scenarios like Carrier responding line-by-line, litigation-style, to a woman who basically just told him to fuck off when after he asked for sex. It's autism and cluster B personality disorders all the way down.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Politically correct(ed) science:
Yeah, no. That's...not how sexual reproduction works. But who cares about reality when you can misrepresent facts to support your ideology?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I'm sure the SJWs keep telling us that PoC "can't be racist"!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37466235

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Richard Carrier: "I didn't notice any noticing at all".

SJWs are utopians. In their ideal society a woman is never to be made uncomfortable or even "annoyed at worst". They want to live in a world where people are viciously punished for stepping over a social boundary, and the viciousness is justified because the person couldn't have possibly not known they were stepping over a social boundary in that instance. It doesn't take but a moment of thought to see this project can only be realized if you codify the entirety of human interaction. You end up with hysterical scenarios like Carrier responding line-by-line, litigation-style, to a woman who basically just told him to fuck off when after he asked for sex. It's autism and cluster B personality disorders all the way down.
The interesting thing is that Heina didn't seem too bothered, but Carrier groveled and whined at how horrible he was. Male feminists seem to be forced to signal their virtue loudly and at length, and it doesn't help them one bit when it comes to accusations of bad behavior.

I think that this is actually a context which fosters bad sexual behavior instead of inhibiting it. If you're damned and forced to feel guilty no matter what you do you are likely to eventually snap and lash out.

I'm not surprised that many male feminists are creeps. Why would a healthy person put up with so much guilt and shame?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

deLurch wrote:
Plaintiff: Richard Carrier
Defendant: FreethoughtBlogs Network, Paul Z Myers, Orbit, Stephanie Zvan, Skepticon, Inc., Lauren Lane and Amy Frank-Skiba
Case Number: 2:2016cv00906
Filed: September 20, 2016
Court: Ohio Southern District Court
Office: Columbus Office
County: FRANKLIN
Referring Judge: Elizabeth Preston Deavers
Presiding Judge: Michael H. Watson
Nature of Suit: Assault, Libel, and Slander
Cause of Action: 28:1332
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff
Dammit. I don't know who to root for.[/quote]

I'd root for the only people who are going to win: the lawyers.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote: The interesting thing is that Heina didn't seem too bothered, but Carrier groveled and whined at how horrible he was. Male feminists seem to be forced to signal their virtue loudly and at length, and it doesn't help them one bit when it comes to accusations of bad behavior.
Reminds me of Steve Shives, or that Arthur Cho pillock on Twitterz. Always flagellating themselves and their fellow men in pursuit of SJW brownie points.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

The only person I'd like to see come out unscathed would be Amy.

Billie from Ockham

Hunt wrote:I kind of sense that PZ has been a little more circumspect about bluffing his way out of this one with Carrier, and it seems that is coming to pass. It's not that Carrier is a legal rock star or has any better a case than Shermer had, it's that Carrier knows how much they're relying on apathy and bluffing. Also Shermer had everything to lose and really nothing to gain. The opposite is true with Carrier. So he's probably going to continue the process. That alone is more than PZ, et. al. want to bother with. In short, I think they may have really stepped in it this time.
That's my impression, too, but it leaves open the question of how far Carrier can take it before his money runs out.

Billie from Ockham

HunnyBunny wrote:WMDKitty is all over the Friendly Athiest post, demonstrating a complete failure to grasp facts, reality, logic.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... m=facebook
And the sun came up in the East this morning.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Presiding Judge Michael H. Watson: So, can you please state your name, please?

Richard Carrier: Richard Carrier, your honour.

[a loud car goes past outside making it hard to hear in court]

PJ: and what is your date of birth?

RC: COME again?

[gallery erupts into titters and giggles]

PJ: Order! Order! [banging his gavel]

Really?

Post by Really? »

I can't believe Carrier actually "fisked" an email from a woman who doesn't want to have sex with him.

Billie from Ockham

Kirbmarc wrote:I just noticed that Lauren Lane offered sex to Carrier in exchange for him writing her a letter of recommendation for grad school.

To me, this makes her the first victim of all this, even if it was self-inflicted. If that letter gets around, it's a career-killer. (The same would go for Carrier if he had a career to lose.) I can't think of a law against it, but, in my world, it's one of the few things that can cost you tenure.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

The game slash. It just gets better.

http://www.gamesbyplaydate.com/slash/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I promised puke-inducing pics. here's one:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5882A7F1

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So this was taken shortly before you sustained injuries from the giant pink snail?

johnself

Post by johnself »

Oh my God the Heina emails are pure cringe. just...stop...writing...
I think we need a new title.

Really?

Post by Really? »

johnself wrote:Oh my God the Heina emails are pure cringe. just...stop...writing...
I think we need a new title.
I really, really want to hear a dramatic reading of those emails and the Lane ones. This is why we need SlymeCon IX.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

MarcusAu wrote:So this was taken shortly before you sustained injuries from the giant pink snail?
They say it's a pig. I'm suspicious...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Does anyone have any idea exactly what Carriers objective is?

Even if he is so far up his own arse that he can't see that he has no chance whatsoever of prevailing in this case surely someone he knows would have pointed this out to him by now.

If he had the money he could play this like a game of poker and use the financial threat of a long drawn out case to make his targets relent and apologize to him.
But both we and his targets know he doesn't have the money to do this.

Is there something else then?

The only kind of threat I can think of is that he uses some kind of discovery process to get hold of all the private emails between his targets and makes this public in the trial.
If there is some collusion or other nefarious activities going on then it may cause enough damage that the standing of these individuals in the D list SJW conference scene may be affected.
The idea that a jury having heard about all his activities and especially his treatment of Radford and Shermer, will come down on his side is laughable.

BTW, that Heina email!
It's always fun to see that despite their claims of sex positivity and disavowal of gender conforming convention Heina is just as slut-shaming and conservative as you would expect!

Malky

Post by Malky »

Kirbmarc - what are the Swiss up to - I thought Cantonal Gov't could prevent this sort of thing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37465853

Really?

Post by Really? »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea exactly what Carriers objective is?

Even if he is so far up his own arse that he can't see that he has no chance whatsoever of prevailing in this case surely someone he knows would have pointed this out to him by now.

If he had the money he could play this like a game of poker and use the financial threat of a long drawn out case to make his targets relent and apologize to him.
But both we and his targets know he doesn't have the money to do this.

Is there something else then?

The only kind of threat I can think of is that he uses some kind of discovery process to get hold of all the private emails between his targets and makes this public in the trial.
If there is some collusion or other nefarious activities going on then it may cause enough damage that the standing of these individuals in the D list SJW conference scene may be affected.
The idea that a jury having heard about all his activities and especially his treatment of Radford and Shermer, will come down on his side is laughable.

BTW, that Heina email!
It's always fun to see that despite their claims of sex positivity and disavowal of gender conforming convention Heina is just as slut-shaming and conservative as you would expect!
You are underestimating the power of Dick. He is happy to plead his case before a jury of his peers because these are his peers:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/ ... 60fd60.jpg

Wow, this shit is sad.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Code: Select all

[code][code][code][code]q
[/code][/code][/code][/code]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Does anyone have any idea exactly what Carriers objective is?

I think the creepy fucker has a case. Not a great one but still I think he can make a case that his ability to make money has been effective by this group spreading hearsay and rumors about him.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Malky wrote:Kirbmarc - what are the Swiss up to - I thought Cantonal Gov't could prevent this sort of thing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37465853
There's a lot of scaremongering going on due to Muslim supremacist attacks in Europe and people feel like they need more powers to intelligence agencies. However I want to point out that the limits of government surveillance are a lot tighter in Switzerland that in many other countries, even after this law passed.
Some 65.5% of voters agreed to accept the proposal. It will allow the Federal Intelligence Service and other agencies to put suspects under electronic surveillance if authorised by a court, the defence ministry and the cabinet.
Three tiers of authorization, and electronic surveillance is limited in time and space. We don't have as many CCTV cameras here. Cameras are severely restricted by many local laws. We don't have an equivalent of the NSA.

Before the referendum, Swiss law authorized only from relying the use of publicly available information or of tips from recognized and valued police informers or from foreign authorities who had to produce valid evidence when it came to fighting terrorism. Now the government is able to ask for an authorization from a court, from the defense ministry and the defense cabinet. Could it be a slippery slope to more surveillance? Maybe, but it's not automatic. Swiss citizens are still a lot less likely to have their private conversations recorded and used by intelligence agencies than French, Italian, German or even American citizens.
The Swiss government says the powers would be used about once a month to monitor the highest-risk suspects.
The new law was not comparable to the spying capabilities of the US or other major powers, which "go well beyond what is desired in terms of individual liberty and security for our citizens", Defence Minister Guy Parmelin said earlier this year.
Oh, and cantons cannot prevent this law from being enacted, since we voted for it in a federal referendum. Although cantons can enact new local laws to limit the reach of federal government agencies, and I suspect that many will.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Kirbmarc wrote:I just noticed that Lauren Lane offered sex to Carrier in exchange for him writing her a letter of recommendation for grad school.

Unethical. And wow. I had to stop reading. I am going to have to have some alcohol in my system before I try to tackle that mess of cringe.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I promised puke-inducing pics. here's one:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5882A7F1
Handsome.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

This is some seriously high school shit. They're all fucking each other, which just complicates their already petty complications.

Carrier once tried to pass off these flavorful nuggets as illustrative examples of polyamory's apparent utility and correctness:

http://imgur.com/SYmQC0u.jpg

"Why doesn't everybody do that!? That would solve so many problems!"

But, wait! That's not all you get. Operators are standing by, so call now for your free gift!! :lol:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Code: Select all

[code][code][code][code]q
[/code][/code][/code][/code]
The dog jumped on my lap. I didn't mean to post that.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

"t's core values."

Triggered.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Ape+lust wrote:This is some seriously high school shit. They're all fucking each other, which just complicates their already petty complications.

Carrier once tried to pass off these flavorful nuggets as illustrative examples of polyamory's apparent utility and correctness:

But, wait! That's not all you get. Operators are standing by, so call now for your free gift!! :lol:

Lol it's not that people don't know what polyamory is. It's that they are surprised that Carrier can find one woman willing to fuck him on a regular basis much less more than one.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Polyamory: Know what you're getting into. It can be a shark tank out there.

http://imgur.com/FpV3SyC.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Ape+lust wrote:Polyamory: Know what you're getting into. It can be a shark tank out there.

Did you mean a marine mammal instead of the sleek and efficient shark?
2919D22C00000578-3098876-image-a-12_1432718913512.jpg
(202.57 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Polyamory: Know what you're getting into. It can be a shark tank out there.

Did you mean a marine mammal instead of the sleek and efficient shark?
2919D22C00000578-3098876-image-a-12_1432718913512.jpg
Unfortunately, that's a bit insulting to the esteemed Mr Nugent.

Instead, amend "shark" to read: "Animated sack of dryer lint."

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

comhcinc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:This is some seriously high school shit. They're all fucking each other, which just complicates their already petty complications.

Polyamory is just a new name for the hippie free love. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now. The casual sex part is great, but sooner or later something doesn't go according to plan, and it all turns into a mess. Also many people want exclusive relationships, for a variety of reasons, and tend to get jealous. Polyamory enthusiasts probably think that jealousy is a social construct.

Interestingly enough polygamy is described in the Koran as the solution to cheating and to many problems. It really doesn't work: inter-family feuds between two or more wives in muslim families are a thing to behold. You wouldn't believe the amount of bullying, emotional blackmail, subterfuges and cycles of petty revenges that goes on in polygamous marriages, especially between the first wive and the others, and particularly against the last one. To say nothing of what happens if the husband gets tired of one of the wives.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Judging by the emails his actions have exposed...it is to give us Pitters a fucking good belly laugh. This is fucking AMAZING!

Oi, Gumby. Get your ass back in here. You're missing this shit.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Kirbmarc wrote: Polyamory is just a new name for the hippie free love. It didn't work then, it doesn't work now. The casual sex part is great, but sooner or later something doesn't go according to plan, and it all turns into a mess. Also many people want exclusive relationships, for a variety of reasons, and tend to get jealous. Polyamory enthusiasts probably think that jealousy is a social construct.

In America half of all marriages end in divorce. That would make it seem that exclusive relationships really don't work all that well either. I know lots(relative) of people (about 20 couples) who have been in poly relationships for over 5 years. I know some people (about 7) who has been i poly relationships for over 10 years. I know one couple that has done it for over 30 and one that has done it for over 40 years.

My point is not that everyone should be poly. Just that your blanket statement doesn't work. Relationships are just fucking hard in modern society. I don't think anyone has really figured it out yet. I am not going to knock those that want to try poly.

On the other hand your (&others) point about this being a big fuck fest for a lot of people are valid too. I would also bet a lot of these people are just unhappy with their lives and are just trying things to try to make it better without getting divorce because that really feels like admitting defeat and can lead to some very dark thoughts.