The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by Brive1987 »

Abuse enablement is still abuse. And that is a shocking pink.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My god. Latsot has like 100 pics of that pussy on his feed. If it's not his cat he needs an intervention.

This combo does his case no good.

Given his overnight spasm of rage against me I feel compelled to ask whether the thing ever woke up.

http://i.imgur.com/CuvHiWb.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Guns of August.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Suicide Squad

-

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sucker Punch.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:The Guns of August.

I like her.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

She's mine.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:My god. Latsot has like 100 pics of that pussy on his feed. If it's not his cat he needs an intervention.

This combo does his case no good.

Given his overnight spasm of rage against me I feel compelled to ask whether the thing ever woke up.

http://i.imgur.com/CuvHiWb.jpg

Are you prepared to defend your choice of images?

[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote:
I like her.
Nell's a Pitter. Not telling you which nym she uses here though. :shhh:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Latsotsplaining was a pretty good hint. It's our Masonic handshake.

After full analysis, I think I have a pretty good idea where to send thank you chocolates.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: Interesting question, although I think you kind of answered it in a later comment. But while this answer might be a little rough around the edges, and there may be other ways of looking at the problem, I think it is more or less correct. Consider your example of 39d and subsequent subsequent quotients in powers of 2 notation divided repeatedly by 2; note the changing exponent values that decrease by 1 with each division:

Code: Select all

39 = 1*2^5 + 0*2^4 + 0*2^3 + 1*2^2 + 1*2^1 + 1*2^0
39/2 = (1*2^5 + 0*2^4 + 0*2^3 + 1*2^2 + 1*2^1 + 1*2^0)/2
     = (1*2^4 + 0*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 1*2^1 + 1*2^0) + 1 = 19 Remainder 1
19/2 = (1*2^4 + 0*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 1*2^1 +1*2^0)/2
     = (1*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 0*2^1 + 1^2^0) + 1         =  9 Remainder 1
 9/2 = (1*2^3 + 0*2^2 + 0*2^1 + 1*2^0)/2
     = (1*2^2 + 0*2^1 + 0*2^0) + 1                 =  4 Remainder 1
 4/2 = (1*2^2 + 0*2^1 + 0*2^0 )/2
     = (1*2^1 + 0*2^0) + 0                         =  2 Remainder 0
 2/2 = (1*2^1 + 0*2^0)/2
     = (1*2^0) + 0                                 =  1 Remainder 0
 1/2 = (1*2^0)/2
     =  + 1                                        =  0 Remainder 1
That, by itself, might not actually be an explanation, much less a rigorous one, but it seems that the count for the least significant bit basically provides the exponent value while the remainder provides the multiplier.
Heh. Steersman sees the conversation turn towards binary and thinks, 'Yeah, you're talking my language now!'
:-) Reminds me of the obituary of George Boole, credited with "inventing" boolean logic which laid "the foundations for the information age", which described how Boole on his deathbed had been surrounded by his loved ones and zeroes ... :rimshot:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Quick Com. PZ needs help.

His blog work is devolving to excremental finger painting.

Apparently he has checked for the "turn vomit mode on" option - can't find it and now he's stumped.

Where's the Morris Genius Bar when you need it? Probably 300 km away.

As the crow flies.

http://i.imgur.com/Grmbpi4.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
Nell's a Pitter. Not telling you which nym she uses here though. :shhh:

There'll be no locks or bolts between us Mary Kate Except those in your own mercenary little heart.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Quick Com. PZ needs help.

His blog work is devolving to excremental finger painting.

Apparently he has checked for the "turn vomit mode on" option - can't find it and now he's stumped.

Where's the Morris Genius Bar when you need it? Probably 300 km away.

As the crow flies.

http://i.imgur.com/Grmbpi4.jpg
PowerMac Pro? Da fuck is that? Does the Alt Right Goon mean a Mac Book Pro?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The one with the vomit option. Obviously.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:The one with the vomit option. Obviously.

Oddly enough it sounds like the Alt Right Goon might have a good idea as to the issue. My question is how did it get to that state. I am thinking the laptop was abused.

I bet he actually punches his laptop when he read the pit, twitter, youtube, everywhere he can't control.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Latsot describes himself on his Twitter description as a "Social Justice tank"

No. I have no idea either. Not even after sourcing graphic imagery of his battle with Nugent d'Rouge

http://i.imgur.com/i3mxMsY.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:The one with the vomit option. Obviously.

Oddly enough it sounds like the Alt Right Goon might have a good idea as to the issue. My question is how did it get to that state. I am thinking the laptop was abused.

I bet he actually punches his laptop when he read the pit, twitter, youtube, everywhere he can't control.
Yeah. Rule number 1. "Always check the physical connection"

But sorry Com. PZ has bypassed you for crowdsourced help.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... YWpWriHnlM

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Gumby wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:We all know SJWs have a penchant for animal cruelty.
No, we don't all know that. Do you have any citations to back up this assertion, or you just nonsensically babbling again?
One of the major SJWs dyed her dog blue, to match the colour of her hair. :snooty:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

MarcusAu wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
That said, I hope they are taking good care of their charges.
There is evidence (anecdotal) that at least some of them are not taking care of their pets and/or that they are not qualified to do so.

It was Randi Lee Harder that chose the wrong type of dye for her dog. The results were not pretty:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Randi_Harper

It was probably this incident that the Commander was obliquely referring to.

That is the one. Be quiet, Gumby.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Gumby wrote:
No, we don't all know that. Do you have any citations to back up this assertion, or you just nonsensically babbling again?
One of the major SJWs dyed her dog blue, to match the colour of her hair. :snooty:
Mate, this has already escalated all the way to Latsot. Try catching up reading bottom to top.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Steersman wrote::-) Reminds me of the obituary of George Boole, credited with "inventing" boolean logic which laid "the foundations for the information age", which described how Boole on his deathbed had been surrounded by his loved ones and zeroes ... :rimshot:
:clap:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Yes, so naturally you, being the beady-eyed obsessive gibberer that you are, applied that to SJWs in general. Just like you try to associate all SJWs with pedophilia. Your act is old, skeevy and dishonest. You're no better than them.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
That said, I hope they are taking good care of their charges.
There is evidence (anecdotal) that at least some of them are not taking care of their pets and/or that they are not qualified to do so.

It was Randi Lee Harder that chose the wrong type of dye for her dog. The results were not pretty:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Randi_Harper

It was probably this incident that the Commander was obliquely referring to.

That is the one. Be quiet, Gumby.
I will not be quiet. Fuck you, you obsessive freak.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Brive1987 wrote:Mate, this has already escalated all the way to Latsot. Try catching up reading bottom to top.
:D

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Gumby wrote:
Yes, so naturally you, being the beady-eyed obsessive gibberer that you are, applied that to SJWs in general. Just like you try to associate all SJWs with pedophilia. Your act is old, skeevy and dishonest. You're no better than them.
I am a peace maker and I don't like seeing mommy and daddy yell. What if he changes it up some?

Like instead of saying all SJWs are animal abusers and kid rapist he instead says all SJWs are kid abusers and animal rapist?

Is...is that better? :shifty:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Gumby wrote:Yes, so naturally you, being the beady-eyed obsessive gibberer that you are, applied that to SJWs in general. Just like you try to associate all SJWs with pedophilia. Your act is old, skeevy and dishonest. You're no better than them.
Holding them up to their own standard and rules, old boy.

Stop sobbing like a SJW.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Vote Slymepit, make atheism great again

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:
Are you prepared to defend your choice of images?

[youtube][/youtube]
Not seen this before. What is surprising is how obviously the protesters don't really care about the use of the words 'black pussy' beyond their use as fuel for the gripe.
I think the dude is a little disingenuous in his defence of the band's name (he can call it whatever he wants) but he sort of has a point that rock music has always relied upon double-entendre.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Gumby wrote:Yes, so naturally you, being the beady-eyed obsessive gibberer that you are, applied that to SJWs in general. Just like you try to associate all SJWs with pedophilia. Your act is old, skeevy and dishonest. You're no better than them.

Stop sobbing like a SJW.
Yeah, sure, that's what you're doing.

You're a fucking moron.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Gumby wrote:Yeah, sure, that's what you're doing.

You're a fucking moron.
Sure is.

:popcorn: :whistle: :dance:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:So we need a new Pit tag. Suggestion, please.
The Slymepit: Fighting SJW Dogma One Challenge Wank At A Time.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Vote Slymepit, make atheism great again
No.

Aping Trump was a yuge thing months ago but we have moved on.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Can people please stop comparing each other to SJWs every time they disagree?

That's exactly the kind of thing SJWs do.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The Slymepit: Coming at You Like Richard Carrier.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

feathers wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Oh yes, they would. The people who make deals with them (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc.) wouldn't. The Islamic State is a useful rabid attack dog for these powers, but only if used in moderation. Neither Erdogan nor the Saud dynasty want Syria to be nuked. If the Islamic State looked about to acquire WMDs they would be wiped out quickly, since the people who find them useful no longer would.
You know, you're giving one hell of a motivation for planting a nuke in Syria, somewhere just outside IS territory.

We'll send the secret operative called "Steersman" to hide and fuse it.
This guy? "The Eh Team"?

Or maybe this charming little thing?

:-)

But, yeah, some justification for nuking not just Syria but Turkey and Saudi Arabia to boot. Somewhat apropos of which, a Telegraph post:
Turkey risks all-out war with Kurds in Syria after air strike kills 35 civilians

By Josie Ensor, middle east correspondent
28 AUGUST 2016 • 3:28PM

Dozens of civilians were killed in Turkish airstrikes on Kurdish-held areas in Syria on Sunday, as the West's two main allies in the conflict inched closer to full-blown war.

Some 35 people died in dawn raids on Jeb el-Kussa and Al-Amarneh, villages close to the Turkish border.

Ankara, which has the support of the US, claimed they were “terrorists” from outlawed Kurdish militias.

The Jarabulus Military Council, which is allied with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), said the strikes marked an "unprecedented and dangerous escalation". ...
Don't think Obama really knows whether he's on foot or horseback when it comes to Islam. Maybe not surprising, given this maybe apocryphal ipse dixit:

An article with some gravitas that says pretty much the same thing:
How President Obama Made Syria An Unfixable Quagmire
By Tom Nichols

It didn’t have to be like this.

The Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that Syrian opposition forces backed by the CIA and the Pentagon are now fighting each other. (Buzzfeed’s Mike Giglio actually wrote this story more than a month ago, with the simple but true headline: “America Is In A Proxy War With Itself In Syria.”) The Syrian conflagration has entered the phase where pretty much everyone shoots at everyone else: “Any faction that attacks us,” an officer from the one of the CIA-supported groups told the LA Times, “regardless from where it gets its support, we will fight it.”

Well, of course they will. Every group in Syria is now in a Hobbesian free-for-all. The death toll is now climbing toward the half-million mark. No one has any incentive to do anything but kill or be killed. ....
Looks credible to me: way to go Obama; get your allies to destroy each other and then go in and pick up the pieces and fit them into a new Pax Americana? Not likely to do more than add another chapter in that best seller, "The Ugly American". Though a NY Times article suggests that that has been US standard operational procedure for some time, but which looks more and more like "sow the wind; reap the whirlwind":
Saudis and Extremism: ‘Both the Arsonists and the Firefighters’

Critics see Saudi Arabia’s export of a rigid strain of Islam as contributing to terrorism, but the kingdom’s influence depends greatly on local conditions.

By SCOTT SHANEAUG. 25, 2016

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump do not agree on much, but Saudi Arabia may be an exception. She has deplored Saudi Arabia’s support for “radical schools and mosques around the world that have set too many young people on a path towards extremism.” He has called the Saudis “the world’s biggest funders of terrorism.” ....

And for a small minority in many countries, the exclusionary Saudi version of Sunni Islam, with its denigration of Jews and Christians, as well as of Muslims of Shiite, Sufi and other traditions, may have made some people vulnerable to the lure of Al Qaeda, the Islamic State and other violent jihadist groups. “There’s only so much dehumanizing of the other that you can be exposed to — and exposed to as the word of God — without becoming susceptible to recruitment,” said David Andrew Weinberg, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies in Washington who tracks Saudi influence. ....

Throughout the 1980s, Saudi Arabia and the United States worked together to finance the mujahedeen in this great Afghan war, which would revive the notion of noble armed jihad for Muslims worldwide. President Ronald Reagan famously welcomed to the Oval Office a delegation of bearded “Afghan freedom fighters” whose social and theological views were hardly distinguishable from those later embraced by the Taliban. ....

In fact, the United States spent $50 million from 1986 to 1992 on what was called a “jihad literacy” project — printing books for Afghan children and adults to encourage violence against non-Muslim “infidels” like Soviet troops. ....
A real dog's breakfast, a Humpty Dumpty smashed to smithereens. Weren't it for the West's questionable contributions to that mess - the US primarily but credible contributions from the UK and France - it would be hard not to be pushing for some serious "radiation therapy".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Gumby wrote:Yeah, sure, that's what you're doing.

You're a fucking moron.
Sure is.

:popcorn: :whistle: :dance:
I'm finding this a far more concerning debate.

Porn or art. The more I stare at it the more I tend to the former. Yet the French lingo demands it be high culture. So confused.

:geek:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:The Slymepit: Coming at You Like Richard Carrier.
Used in a slightly modified form.

Thanks.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:The Slymepit: Coming at You Like Richard Carrier.
Richard Carrier did nothing wrong.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

Stop sobbing like a SJW.
No, you're not; you're just making categorical accusations - "ALL SJWs are guilty of X because ONE SJW is maybe guilty of X" - with diddly squat in the way of evidence. You might have had a case if it was clear it was a tit-for-tat; absent that context - which you're too clueless to provide, all you're doing is making yourself look like a fucking idiot. Good show, good show ... :clap: :clap:

free thoughtpolice

The Gumby and Tuvok debates:
[youtube][/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: No, you're not; you're just making categorical accusations - "ALL SJWs are guilty of X because ONE SJW is maybe guilty of X" - with diddly squat in the way of evidence.
This, coming from Mr Deport-Them-All is pretty fucking rich. :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:
<snip>
Somewhat apropos of which, a Telegraph post:
Turkey risks all-out war with Kurds in Syria after air strike kills 35 civilians

By Josie Ensor, middle east correspondent
28 AUGUST 2016 • 3:28PM

Dozens of civilians were killed in Turkish airstrikes on Kurdish-held areas in Syria on Sunday, as the West's two main allies in the conflict inched closer to full-blown war.

Some 35 people died in dawn raids on Jeb el-Kussa and Al-Amarneh, villages close to the Turkish border.

Ankara, which has the support of the US, claimed they were “terrorists” from outlawed Kurdish militias.

The Jarabulus Military Council, which is allied with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), said the strikes marked an "unprecedented and dangerous escalation". ...
Turks killing Kurds? It must Tuesday.
An article with some gravitas that says pretty much the same thing:
How President Obama Made Syria An Unfixable Quagmire
By Tom Nichols

It didn’t have to be like this.

The Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that Syrian opposition forces backed by the CIA and the Pentagon are now fighting each other. (Buzzfeed’s Mike Giglio actually wrote this story more than a month ago, with the simple but true headline: “America Is In A Proxy War With Itself In Syria.”) The Syrian conflagration has entered the phase where pretty much everyone shoots at everyone else: “Any faction that attacks us,” an officer from the one of the CIA-supported groups told the LA Times, “regardless from where it gets its support, we will fight it.”

Well, of course they will. Every group in Syria is now in a Hobbesian free-for-all. The death toll is now climbing toward the half-million mark. No one has any incentive to do anything but kill or be killed. ....
The thing is that the US have never acted like a coherent entity in the Syrian conflict. On one hand you had Clinton financing anti-Assad Sunni Muslim groups (including al-Nusra, formerly al-Qaeda), on the other you had Kerry trying to open relationships with Iran, and then there were Turkey (NATO member) the Saudi ("old allies", i.e. petro-dollars) and the Kurds (initially anti-Assad, now mostly anti-Islamic State and anti-Sunni groups). The CIA does one thing, the Pentagon another, the Department of State a third, and the lobbies do the rest.

The US foreign policy in the Middle East has always been schizophrenic, though. During the Iraq/Iran war the US financed both Iraq (more or less openly) and Iran (in a more secretive way: see the Iran/Contra scandal).

There are many different interests within the US, and they support very different groups. In a way Syria is almost a civil war by proxy between those interests.
Though a NY Times article suggests that that has been US standard operational procedure for some time, but which looks more and more like "sow the wind; reap the whirlwind":
Saudis and Extremism: ‘Both the Arsonists and the Firefighters’

Critics see Saudi Arabia’s export of a rigid strain of Islam as contributing to terrorism, but the kingdom’s influence depends greatly on local conditions.

By SCOTT SHANEAUG. 25, 2016

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump do not agree on much, but Saudi Arabia may be an exception. She has deplored Saudi Arabia’s support for “radical schools and mosques around the world that have set too many young people on a path towards extremism.” He has called the Saudis “the world’s biggest funders of terrorism.” ....

And for a small minority in many countries, the exclusionary Saudi version of Sunni Islam, with its denigration of Jews and Christians, as well as of Muslims of Shiite, Sufi and other traditions, may have made some people vulnerable to the lure of Al Qaeda, the Islamic State and other violent jihadist groups. “There’s only so much dehumanizing of the other that you can be exposed to — and exposed to as the word of God — without becoming susceptible to recruitment,” said David Andrew Weinberg, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies in Washington who tracks Saudi influence. ....

Throughout the 1980s, Saudi Arabia and the United States worked together to finance the mujahedeen in this great Afghan war, which would revive the notion of noble armed jihad for Muslims worldwide. President Ronald Reagan famously welcomed to the Oval Office a delegation of bearded “Afghan freedom fighters” whose social and theological views were hardly distinguishable from those later embraced by the Taliban. ....

In fact, the United States spent $50 million from 1986 to 1992 on what was called a “jihad literacy” project — printing books for Afghan children and adults to encourage violence against non-Muslim “infidels” like Soviet troops. ....
A real dog's breakfast, a Humpty Dumpty smashed to smithereens. Weren't it for the West's questionable contributions to that mess - the US primarily but credible contributions from the UK and France - it would be hard not to be pushing for some serious "radiation therapy".
The US have used the Salafis against communism and the Saudis have used the US as a source of money for Salafism. In the end the US got the pin the Soviets down in Afganistan but they paid back the favor with interests. The Saudis and other petro-countries have dominated the Muslim world thanks to US support, and they've taken advantage of that to spread Salafism.

We're reaping the results of thirty years of complete domination of the Sunni Muslim world by the Salafi, who have killed and replaced pretty much any other school of Sunni Islam everywhere (except, maybe, in Indonesia) and who have created both international Muslim terrorism and Muslim supremacist ideas.

Now things are slowly changing. Iran is fighting back against Salafi encroachment and doing some infiltration on their own among Shia Muslims. The petro-dollar system is under a potential threat. Putin has interests in the Middle East as do the Chinese. Partially to counteract a possible Iran-Syria-Lebanon axis, Erdogan is gradually bringing Turkey to Salafism and to an alliance with the petro-countries and (unlikely as it might sound) Israel.

And Sunni Muslim communities in Europe are likely to get indoctrination from Salafi imams who preach hatred against other muslims and infidels alike, while Iran does the same to smoke out potential rebels.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Intersectionality vs SJWs

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Aneris wrote:
<snip>
Third, if Intersectionality was applied in an analogical fashion to atheism, it would be in spirit of Dawkins' “Dear Muslima” response to Myers and Watson, because Dawkins makes women of colour visible that — out of well-intentioned antibigot urges — otherwise fall between the cracks. Watson and Co take the other position, of standard feminism which is criticized by Crenshaw. Regressive Left Islam accommodationism does “replicate and reinforce the subordination of people of color, and the failure of antiracism to interrogate patriarchy means that antiracism will frequently reproduce the subordination of women [Muslimas]”; hence Myers, Watson and Co are, curious twist, the exact opposite of intersectional. They are the ones who derided Dawkins text. Again, they did that without as much as a throw-away sentence about possible intersectional implications, which shows that they have absolutely no idea, whatsoever, what they do.

<snip>
I've always thought that Dawkins "Dear Muslima" was the perfect rebuttal to Watson&co, who reacted in a childish way to what was an excellent point which demolished their special victimhood narrative. If you're interested in women's rights you should be concerned with legally and socially approved discrimination, not with the behavior of a few rude people on the Internet.

A coherent "intersectional" feminist should focus more on the plight of women under oppressive and discriminatory theocratic and traditionalist regimes than on the struggles of middle class women against rude comments on the Internet in a country where they have the same legal rights as men and where harm, intimidation and threats are socially condemned by a wide majority.

I'm glad to see that someone else agrees with me.
Back in February, I made a comment on Dawkins's site (under my 'nym Hermann Steinpilz) that offended Ophelia Benson so much that she devoted a whole post to it. Outraged, she cited this part of my comment:
The SJWs keep bringing up Richard’s “Dear Muslima” comment, and keep deliberately misinterpreting it. Because that’s what they do. They lie, and lie, and lie some more. I’m thinking of folk like Adam Lee, who claimed in a piece in The Guardian that Richard was essentially arguing that women in Muslim theocracies have it much worse than women in the West, and that therefore the latter should remain silent about “sexual harassment and physical intimidation”.

I can imagine how infuriating such dishonesty must be to Richard. He should (and probably does) realize that SJWs are much like fundie believers. They are equally dogmatic; they are opposed to free speech (who needs free speech, when your side has all the correct answers?); and they routinely lie for The Cause. They are totally dishonest. It is no use trying to reason with the likes of Adam Lee, PZ Myers or Ophelia Benson.
Ms Benson responded:
Ok how am I misinterpreting it? What is its meaning that I am so dishonestly construing? What exactly is it that I’m lying and lying and lying some more about? How else can that comment be read?
How else? Does she really think that asking someone politely for a coffee is either sexual harassment or physical intimidation? Is she really ignorant of the context in which Dawkins made his acerbic but entirely justified comment? All he did was mocking the disproportionate attention that was being paid to the 'ordeal' of Rebecca Watson, which she had largely brought upon herself by throwing around accusations of misogyny, for example against female students who were obviously not misogynists.
Updating to add: a commenter tells us Hermann Steinpilz (stonemushroom) is Jan Steen of the slime pit.
:lol:

Of course, I didn't bother to reply, as my comment would undoubtedly have ended up in moderation limbo. Besides, the chance that she would try to doxx me was not negligible.

By the way, although Steinpilz does translate to 'stone mushroom', it is in fact the German name of a rather nice edible mushroom (Boletus edulis).

http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/201 ... can-women/

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc: You make like everything is always the american's fault and they have the power to right all wrongs.
Actually, this is all the fault of the fucking Europeans, especially the Swiss. Hapsburg jewish illumanati and all.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Funny seeing a link to Butterflies and Wheels. Has everybody noticed Ofie keeps crapping out copypasta articles like a greyhound that has swallowed a packet of laxatives? And nobody fucking reads any of them.

If you click of Ofie's Twitter feed, she hardly responds to anybody now. All she mostly tweets is the headline of her latest shite article, followed by the link. It's almost like she's lost most of her friends.....

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Should have added Dr. Richard Carrier PhD to the list.
Nope. Your list was for "well-known" atheists. Other than in a very small corner of the internet, plus two or three academics, nobody has heard of the guy.
But...but...he has fans spanning the globe from Poland to Hong Kong. The guy is world renowned. He says so himself, so it must be true.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

"Whippets & sodomy" - Shanley 2016

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqVoTNhUIAEeyTr.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqacTRPXgAE7Uuh.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Jan: Love this comment by none other than Bjarte :bjarte:
His best attempt at humor yet! :lol:
Bjarte Foshaug
February 18, 2016 at 9:50 am
A fictitious conversation somewhere the Middle East as imagined by Richard Dawkins (Disclaimer: Should not be read as making any kind of statement about real Muslim women):

Woman 1: “Oh boy, this Burqa business is killing me”

Woman 2: “I know, it must be at least 140 degrees in here. Oh well, at least it hides the acid burns”

Woman 1: “Yeah, I heard about that. What happened?”

Woman 2: “Oh, just the usual stuff. I was caught reading a school book, so these men threw some battery acid in my face”

Woman 1: “Sorry to hear that”

Woman 2: “Well, what can you do. So when is your stoning?”

Woman 1: “Next Friday. My lawyer thinks I might get off the hook if I marry my rapist, but I hear he just got arrested for defending me”

Woman 2: “*Sigh* Life really gets you down sometimes doesn’t it?”

Woman 1: “It does”

Woman 2: “Hey! I know what could solve our problems! If sleazy white guys in the West got to have all the fun they wanted at the expense of white women, and the women just had to put up with it or face nonstop abuse, our situation would greatly improve!”

Woman 1: “Yes! that would be quite helpful!”

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Funny seeing a link to Butterflies and Wheels. Has everybody noticed Ofie keeps crapping out copypasta articles like a greyhound that has swallowed a packet of laxatives? And nobody fucking reads any of them.

Funny coincidence: i googled "Whippets & sodomy" a couple minutes ago and the first result was Butterflies and Wheels.

free thoughtpolice

Also, we have Boletus edulis here (BC Canada), although they appear erratically. One year there was an irruption where you could pick a hundred pounds or more in a day but they were almost all wormy and inedible.
They are definitely one of the tastiest of mushrooms up with morels, pine mushrooms, and truffles.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Kirbmarc: You make like everything is always the american's fault and they have the power to right all wrongs.
Actually, this is all the fault of the fucking Europeans, especially the Swiss. Hapsburg jewish illumanati and all.
Nah, the fault ain't the americans'. The americans are simply pushing their agendas: their disorganized, naïve, sometimes even well-intentioned agendas. The americans, if anything, are being suckered by the Saudis, the other petro-countries and their cronies/lobbies. Just like most of us dirty yoorpeans, of course. The UK and Sweden are basically selling out pieces of their countries to some mini-Islamic States, at least the US aren't doing that so far.

The Saudis have supported the most insane people in the whole mess, the Wahabi/Salafi: a bunch of a bloodthirsty maniacs and complete lunatics who plan world domination. The Iranian Shia theocracy isn't much better but at least we all know and acknowledge that they're bad, and most of their plans are more limited in scope (form an anti-Saudi axis, fight Israel). To make a (lame, nerdy) comic book comparison the Salafis are the Joker while Iran is the Riddler.

The americans (not the lobbies or the special interests, but the people who wish to get out of the mess) also don't have "the power to right all wrongs". They're stuck in a bad situation just like everyone else, but they're visibly chafing under the Saudi blackmail. Even Clinton has to virtue-signal that she's upset with Riyadh. What the US can is try to at least get some sort of coherent foreign policy, possibly one that includes reasonable ideas like "don't finance Salafi groups".

And yes, the Europeans have to do the same, too. As for we Swiss, well we're neutral, and we manage petro-dollars like all other kinds of money. Money doesn't smell (and we're cunts).

The Hapsburg Illuminatis are having a council meeting tomorrow, thank you for remembering me of that. I and Aneris have to punch in at 6 to swallow our live hamsters like we do every two weeks. It's a tough gig, but the sheeple won't hypnotize themselves.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: No, you're not; you're just making categorical accusations - "ALL SJWs are guilty of X because ONE SJW is maybe guilty of X" - with diddly squat in the way of evidence.
This, coming from Mr Deport-Them-All is pretty fucking rich. :lol:
Not at all the same kettles of fish. For one thing, maybe you can point me to the "holy bible" of the SJW crowd, and all of the many literally barbaric and savage crimes against humanity they've committed in its name and its "holy Prophet" [piss be upon him]? For another, I've said - repeatedly and in many ways - that the "moderates" of Islam have merely contributed to those depredations and were therefore culpable, to some degree, for the crimes of the "extremists". Which I've underlined several times with references and links to a Quillette article: The Josiah Effect: How Moderate Religion Fuels Fundamentalism; recommended reading.

Many times categorical accusations are just plain bigotry, stereotyping, and cluelessness; other times there's more than a little justification for them. Or maybe you would disagree with, for example, "ALL, or almost all, rapists are sociopaths or psychopaths"? Contexte, toujours le contexte.

But, to kill the proverbial two birds and on the question of Islam, an interesting article in the Christian Science Monitor relative to the burkini ban:
French government convenes Muslim leaders for talks on 'French-style Islam'

Recent furor over burkini bans and terror attacks has heightened debates about accommodating France's Muslim community within the country's tradition of secularism.

By Elaine Ganley, Associated Press AUGUST 29, 2016

PARIS, FRANCE — France's interior minister convened Muslim leaders Monday to discuss a French-style Islam that honors the nation's secular values, a task given new urgency after deep divisions surfaced over burkini bans in 30 French beach towns and after terror attacks that also stigmatized Muslims. ....
I kind of think that that is a virtual impossibility as long as Muslims insist that the Quran is literally the word of gawd "Himself" - i.e., written entirely by Allah who has the original by his bedside - and as long as they insist on their Sharia laws and rules such as halal that are esssentially little more than a demand for theocracy. But it will be interesting to see how that "discussion" plays out - if it doesn't work then I rather doubt there's any solution, any reasonable one in any case, short of deportations.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Like a wet St.Benard humping social justices back....

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Brive1987 wrote:Sucker Punch.
We just got a giant TV and fancy sound system. Thanks for the suggestion as to what movie to watch first.

dogen

Post by dogen »

feathers wrote:And 2016 continues with Gene Wilder. But ok, he was 83.
This has given me a real sad. He really was an incredibly funny guy.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Brive1987 wrote:
I'm finding this a far more concerning debate.

Porn or art. The more I stare at it the more I tend to the former. Yet the French lingo demands it be high culture. So confused.

:geek:
Yet another nude based on his wife, Georgette. Something something misogyny something something old white men.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Jan: Love this comment by none other than Bjarte :bjarte:
His best attempt at humor yet! :lol:
Bjarte Foshaug
February 18, 2016 at 9:50 am
A fictitious conversation somewhere the Middle East as imagined by Richard Dawkins (Disclaimer: Should not be read as making any kind of statement about real Muslim women):

Woman 1: “Oh boy, this Burqa business is killing me”

Woman 2: “I know, it must be at least 140 degrees in here. Oh well, at least it hides the acid burns”

Woman 1: “Yeah, I heard about that. What happened?”

Woman 2: “Oh, just the usual stuff. I was caught reading a school book, so these men threw some battery acid in my face”

Woman 1: “Sorry to hear that”

Woman 2: “Well, what can you do. So when is your stoning?”

Woman 1: “Next Friday. My lawyer thinks I might get off the hook if I marry my rapist, but I hear he just got arrested for defending me”

Woman 2: “*Sigh* Life really gets you down sometimes doesn’t it?”

Woman 1: “It does”

Woman 2: “Hey! I know what could solve our problems! If sleazy white guys in the West got to have all the fun they wanted at the expense of white women, and the women just had to put up with it or face nonstop abuse, our situation would greatly improve!”

Woman 1: “Yes! that would be quite helpful!”
I saw that. We make fun of privileged types like Rebecca Watson. Bjarte makes fun of Muslimas who got acid thrown in their face. Typical. It is almost as if he was trying to prove Dawkins's point. :bjarte: