The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by HunnyBunny »

The Yeti wrote:Word on Carrier's downfall has spread beyond just atheist circles. Here is an excellent post from Conservative blogger Robert Stacy McCain on the Carrier situation.

http://theothermccain.com/2016/06/21/go ... ts-banned/
Fuck ninja'd by a yeti. Did anyone get a photo?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So, did I miss anything?

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

The Yeti wrote:Word on Carrier's downfall has spread beyond just atheist circles. Here is an excellent post from Conservative blogger Robert Stacy McCain on the Carrier situation.

Atheist women are soulless monsters incapable of normal affection. Hate is the only emotion atheist women ever feel, and they especially hate atheist men who are “creepy” — a feminist synonym for heterosexual.
Excellent? Seriously?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sulman wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Heina said 22 hours ago that she had a post going up 'soon'. I can't quite shake the feeling we've been here before.
I am putting myself in hibernation, when the technology is available to revive me, don't wake me until she writes something.
You just take care of your precious bodily fluids.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:So, did I miss anything?
Captain FB got a small set of harmonicas.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Wasn't Gollum (of precious fame) a hobbit before finding the Ring?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Cnutella wrote:
OMG. You've crossed a line this tme, Ape!

You magnificent bastard, you.

:lol: :lol: :clap:
I know. Gross, huh?

I'm afraid of what I'll have to do with him next. I've made him a premature ejaculator, a live spunk eruptor, and Elyse's poop slave (plus, toilet twin). When a guy bills himself as his prostate's launch vehicle, caricatures have to be pretty skanky to compete :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

MarcusAu wrote:So, is it time to put the chairs up, turn off the lights and lock the doors on the American A/S conference scene?

Is the the terminal death spiral, or is their any hope for future A/S events?
The A/S events run by and stuffed with SJWs, were never even alive. They were also sparsely attended, and poisoned by toxic atmospheres and bullying.

Nobody wants to attend conferences where SJWs are potentially present.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Now that was a trip down memory lane. "People who don't believe in God are morally depraved." Maybe we should have a mandatory dose of him from time to time to remind us all that we hate those fuckers in the religious right just as much, if not more, than the fuckers in the regressive left? :D

Really?

Post by Really? »

I need a new hobby. In Carrier's last few hours before Z-Day, when Zvan Zvanned him in the Zvan, Carrier did a google hangout.
The video:

[youtube]FhWahPNtoRo[/youtube]

Funny comments in the comments:
DialecticKaos13 hours ago
PZ Myers has today suspended Richard Carrier from the freethought blog network, pending allegations of sexual harassment. Carrier has also been banned from attending Skepticon. He's in deep trouble.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ers-blog/
Response from channel owner:
New Skeptics (Nuskeptix)3 hours ago
Are any charges filed?
I had no idea that we're only supposed to care about sexual harassment in the skeptic/atheist/feminist/transrights/Hillary For President/Black Lives Matter community if there are criminal charges attached.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Brive1987 wrote:You need to read this as having the quiet yet shrieking quiver of Mark on the Skepticon stage.

http://i.imgur.com/azcqDgc.jpg
Yes, PZ. Suddenly it is all "complex". It was so much simpler when the grenade was aimed at someone you didn't like, were envious of, or was not part of your crumbling RapeThoughtBlogs network.

Fuck off, beard.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

jet_lagg wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I don't think of it as victory, maybe not even the endgame. FtB are in tatters, The Orbit is decaying but some of the so-called social justice tropes are fucking with academia down to the preschool level, and the media gets more baboonish by the day. It's like fighting a hydra, cut off one head and you've soon got more.
I always saw people as needing a certain personality type to join the pit, or gamergate, or the sad/rabid puppies forum (do they have one?). The sort of person who, after being mocked by an engineer for pointing out a fatal flaw in their bridge design, would set up a lawn chair and umbrella at the roadside, watching this person drive back and forth on their way to and from work. Watching. Watching. For years. Until the bridge finally collapses, at which point they fold up their chair, walk to the wreckage to shout "HA!", and head home.

For me this might be that moment.
I didn't expect it to take years.
For some reason I keep expecting to be able to shout that the Emperor has no clothes and everybody just gets it.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

PZ can only act when he "given" information.

Didn't somebody pass on that accusation about NdGT to PZ?

Now, SJW privilege ladder politics means PZ would be afraid of challenging NdGT. Why? Well, skin colour, dumbfuck.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Carriers gone from FTB.
Attachments
Carrier Gone.png
(54.83 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote:*snip*

Fuck off, beard.
One of the simplest, most elegant insults I have ever read.

And it came from Tuvok. Whouda thought?

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Carrier's blog has been removed from the list of FtB blogs and he'll be setting up shop elsewhere.
PZ Myers wrote:Nope. It’s still there, but it’s been removed from the list of blogs in the sidebar. He has asked to be removed and will be setting up a new blog somewhere else.

You can get to it directly at freethoughtblogs.com/carrier.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

:nin:

jimmyfromchicago

Post by jimmyfromchicago »

jet_lagg wrote:

Now that was a trip down memory lane. "People who don't believe in God are morally depraved." Maybe we should have a mandatory dose of him from time to time to remind us all that we hate those fuckers in the religious right just as much, if not more, than the fuckers in the regressive left? :D
McCain's obviously a paleocon, Christian right Pat Buchanan clone, yet he went after Carrier on the age gap. In traditional religious societies, older men marrying younger women is common. Our Dick is just a target of opportunity for TOM.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:You need to read this as having the quiet yet shrieking quiver of Mark on the Skepticon stage.

http://i.imgur.com/azcqDgc.jpg
Yes, PZ. Suddenly it is all "complex". It was so much simpler when the grenade was aimed at someone you didn't like, were envious of, or was not part of your crumbling RapeThoughtBlogs network.

Fuck off, beard.
Is PZ Myers still known as the Bearded Taint?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
Steersman wrote: Sent from my Altair 8800 using machine language entered with front panel switches ....

[.img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... mputer.jpg[/img]
Please, no selfies on the Pit. ;)
:-) I've had an upgrade or two since then.

But I remember buying and building the kit for that computer when it was first advertised in Popular Electronics some 40 years ago; good times. :-)

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

jimmyfromchicago wrote: McCain's obviously a paleocon, Christian right Pat Buchanan clone, yet he went after Carrier on the age gap. In traditional religious societies, older men marrying younger women is common. Our Dick is just a target of opportunity for TOM.
I imagine they make a distinction between courting and sport fucking, but that's just a guess.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

True story time!

Many moons ago, a young Bhurzum and his trusty skidekick/drinking partner were staggering around Hamburg. Scarred veterans of the circuit, we knew the best places to go (cheap drink, decent food and plenty of women to oogle) and planned on hitting our usual sequence of bars that reduced the chances of bumping into other fuckwits from the garrison.

Anyway, long story cut slightly shorter, against our better judgement, we ended up in a pretty famous hotel (shit-ton of rooms, each with a girl working from it) and started to move from floor to floor. By this stage of the evening, I was at the "spiderman" stage of drunkenness - sliding along walls or clinging to them in order to remain semi-vertical.

On one of the floors, we passed a door that was wide open but didn't have a stool with a girl sat upon it - the standard method for advertising availability. As we passed, my mate looked inside and grabbed my shoulder - "Fucking hell! Check her out!" he drunkenly said as he spun me around to face the open door.

Just inside was the missing girl-on-a-stool.

Now, you'll need to forgive me here, for the sake of accuracy I'll revert to my (old) squaddie ways as I describe her - she was the type of woman you'd crawl over 100m of dogshit and broken glass just so you could wank over her shadow - fucking stunning! About six foot tall, very pale (almost alabaster) but flawless skin, long jet-black hair and she had the face of a centerfold. Also, crude though this may be, she was stacked like a Baywatch character and was wearing the tiniest white thong/bra set imaginable which glowed in the UV half-light of the place.

I was hypnotized - she cut through my vodka dulled senses like a hot knife through butter (Insert Alex DeLarge's "silvery wine/gravity nonsense" speech here - you get the picture) and all I could do was stand there, mouth agape, and try to drag my eyes away from her.

Here's the (possibly) funny part and the reason I decided to write this...

Suddenly (but in alcohol induced slow motion) she jumped sideways out of the stool and as I drunkenly started to say "wha...?" I was voilently propelled into the room by my mate. I tripped over the stool, went head-first and ended up face-down on the floor.

The girl slammed the door, locked it and as I bolted upright, she stuck the key down the front of her thong.

"If you want the key, you'll need to get it yourself and since it'll cost you money to touch me, you might as well stay for an hour" (Russian accent)

She was nice as pie until we got onto the bed. At that point, it was snarled abuse through gritted teeth, slaps to the face, handcuffs and all manner of...things that I'm very much not into. The whole hour was a mix of "let me the fuck out of here", "OK, I'll stay if you stop that" and "you said you wouldn't try that again!"

Turns out, my mate had arranged the whole thing beforehand (he's into the whole bondage/ass-slapping thing) and actually knew the girl quite well. Suffice to say, on that night I confirmed that I'm 100% not into bondage.

This is why the above image is doubly scary to me: It was bad enough when a hot-as-fuck Russian woman tried it with me, the idea of Greta "face like a melted horror mask" Christina propels it into the realms of Lovecraftian horror!

Oh, and final point - I got my revenge a few months later. Whilst asleep in a taxi (drunk), I slipped something into his mouth which caused him to "do an exorcist" all over the back seat. Apparently the hooker-poo under my fingernails wasn't to his liking...or the 300 Euro clean up bill.

Sorry if this was sharing too much - I was young and borderline psychotic back then, I'm much more normal/stable these days and this was quite cathartic.

:-P

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

And to think, just 10 days ago he was considered an expert in Ethics of all things poly.

http://i.imgur.com/T1N97aF.jpg

Perhaps their ethics standards are a tad lower in Columbus than the rest of the population. Poly Columbus was founded by the Exec Director of SSA & Miri - Miri is also on the board of SSA.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

HunnyBunny wrote:And to think, just 10 days ago he was considered an expert in Ethics of all things poly.

http://i.imgur.com/T1N97aF.jpg

Perhaps their ethics standards are a tad lower in Columbus than the rest of the population. Poly Columbus was founded by the Exec Director of SSA & Miri - Miri is also on the board of SSA.
Apparently Hillary is in Columbus right now, so perhaps he can get a good ol' pity fuck from one of the planet's biggest corporate whores.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Bhurzum, that was an absolutely enthralling story until you made me picture myself dominated by Greta Christina. Fuck you into the ground with a rusty spokesgay for that one.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:So, is it time to put the chairs up, turn off the lights and lock the doors on the American A/S conference scene?

Is the the terminal death spiral, or is their any hope for future A/S events?
The A/S events run by and stuffed with SJWs, were never even alive. They were also sparsely attended, and poisoned by toxic atmospheres and bullying.

Nobody wants to attend conferences where SJWs are potentially present.
It takes a special kind of self loathing to attend an event just to listen to uninformed, ignorant, judgemental and mentally brittle speakers tell them how terrible they are. I wouldn't have attended the Reason Rally is it were next door to me. Such a difference from the previous one which was fun, vibrant and actually promoted reason, atheism and skeptisim.

SJW's are also so damn BORING too.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

I am loving watching the Carrier drama unfold. Although real life has me quite busy at the moment, I have tried to keep up and have been signal boosting the shit out of this on Twitter. I'm still pretty busy but I hope to bring The Yetis Roar out of hiatus in a couple days if I have time to sit down and write. A few random observations:
1). The baboons should have seen this coming. Between my post last year, his semen fetish comments, and his sex date post.... It was totally obvious that Carrier is a social retard who doesn't understand boundaries in social interaction.
2). As much as I loathe carrier and think he is a complete cunt, some of the baboon rhetoric about him is over the top. The behavior in question involves Carrier being an obnoxious creep, not any actual rape or sexual assault.sexual harassment and sexual assault aren't the same and aren't even inn the same ballpark in terms of severity. The headline of the Skepticon article was over the top, so is the orbitard tweeting "Richard Carrier is dangerous"
3)..SSA definitely was right to shitcan him from their speakers bureau. His behavior may be legal but it is highly unprofessional and pretty creepy. It definitely presents an image problem for the SSA. The fact that he can't keep his dick in his pants and he doesn't know when a woman wants to be left alone makes things even worse for the v image of SSA.
4). I don't see any reason to believe Carrier was messing with underage girls at Camp Quest.
5) I have no desire to donate money to any non-profit that is going to fund trips for their ED to partake in swinger antics. Also not keen on the poly crew teaching anything to my kids if they don't know how to act professional and keep their sex lives out of their orgs.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Ape+Lust has made America Great Again.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Really?

Post by Really? »

The current blog roll of FTB:

A Trivial Knot
Affinity
Against the Grain
Alethian Worldview
Anjuli Pandavar
Atheism, Music, and More...
Bi Any Means
Comradde PhysioProffe
Death to Squirrels
Fierce Roller
Geeky Humanist
Great American Satan
Heteronormative Patriarchy for Men
Incongruous Circumspection
Kittywhumpus
Mano Singham
Maryam Namazie
Nastik Deliberations
New Frontier
Nirmukta on FTB
Oceanoxia
Pharyngula
Pro-Science
Reasonable Doubts
Recursivity
Taslima Nasreen
The Atheist Experience
The Digital Cuttlefish
The Hispanic Atheist
The Indelible Stamp
The Zingularity
Thoughts of Crys
YEMMYnisting

The same list on May 3, 2015:

Ace of Clades
Alethian Worldview
Almost Diamonds
Ashley F. Miller
Biodork
Black Skeptics
Brute Reason
Butterflies and Wheels
Comradde PhysioProffe
Consider the Tea Cosy
Cristina Rad
Dispatches from the Culture Wars
En Tequila Es Verdad
Godlessness in Theory
Greta Christina's Blog
Heinous Dealings
Lousy Canuck
Mano Singham
Maryam Namazie
Nirmukta on FTB
No Country for Women
On the Margin of Error
Pharyngula
Reasonable Doubts
Richard Carrier Blogs
The Atheist Experience
The Digital Cuttlefish
The Indelible Stamp
The Sex Politics And Religion Blog
The Zingularity
YEMMYnisting
Zinnia Jones

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Cunning Punt wrote:

Atheist women are soulless monsters incapable of normal affection. Hate is the only emotion atheist women ever feel, and they especially hate atheist men who are “creepy” — a feminist synonym for heterosexual.
Excellent? Seriously?
Excellent for the purposes of the PR war against Carrier. Also it is a great illustration of how these SJW morons damage the reputation of all atheists.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

The Yeti wrote: 4). I don't see any reason to believe Carrier was messing with underage girls at Camp Quest.
Since I'm one of the people that's hinted at that, let me make it clear I don't think he has messed with any girls aged 16 (age of consent), but I think there's enough on the table about his character to show he's the sort of person that wouldn't understand why it was objectionable in the first place, and that alone is enough to say he should never be involved with the organization in any capacity.

Yes that's a bit severe. Yes it's demanding a purity test. I don't care. Sue me.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Assorted comments from PZ's Carrier defense post from over a year ago that are hilarious in retrospect.

Marcus Ranum
1 May 2015 at 10:16 am
Somewhere I hope Michael Shermer is reading Carrier’s post and cursing, “why didn’t I think of THAT?!?!”
themadtapper
1 May 2015 at 8:31 am
It’s funny and sad really. There seems to be this misguided assumption that everyone on FTB are prudes about sexuality because of the emphasis that is frequently put on conduct, boundaries, context, and consent. So as soon as someone makes a post that’s pro-sexuality, it’s like they think they’ve found some kind of “gotcha”. “Oh look, you’re just some horny dude just like us! Hypocrite!” Can people really not see the difference between a man looking for a consensual mutual-respect relationship that may or may not involve actual sex versus a man viewing women as nothing more than meaty goals to dunk his penis in, willing or no? I will say that I laughed particularly hard at one commenter’s idea that a fan responding to RC’s post would end up in a position of power imbalance with RC having undue influence over her.
carlie
1 May 2015 at 11:46 am
So if a person asks AHEAD OF TIME, in an OPEN INVITATION, for anyone who is interested in CONSENSUAL activities to contact him regarding some sexyfuntimes at a convention, that’s terrible, but if a person at a convention suddenly gropes/propositions/harasses someone with whom they had no previous contact, that’s ok and nothing to be remarked upon or, for god’s sake, talked about after in a derogatory way? Sure.
Wow. I hope Carrier never did those exact things to a student several months later.
Tony! The Queer Shoop
1 May 2015 at 2:46 pm
polishsalami @54:
I’m about as interested in Richard Carrier’s genital use as much as I’m interested in the regularity of Richard Dawkins’ bowel movements, but I felt he crossed a line in using a high-profile atheist blog network to score some poontang. I am unimpressed with Carrier’s attitude when I registered this discomfort: “Get off the internet” was churlish and childish response to a fairly mild comment
Nowhere in his post does RC state that he’s looking for sex. That’s an assumption on your part. He’s looking for a date.
Your discomfort is your own. There is nothing wrong with seeking a date using one’s blog.
Again with people trying to dictate what is or isn’t permissible on someone’s blog. It’s as infuriating as posters that tell PZ that he needs to talk less about feminism and more about science.
He's just asking for a "date!"
ragdish
1 May 2015 at 4:03 pm
@Ibis3 #78
You would be surprised. At my institution a bright medical student fell prey to such a social injustice. She got accepted at a prestigious Orthopedics residency and following a consenting video tweet of her provocative table dancing at an end-of-school party, her position was revoked. We all enjoy getting wasted and do fun things after our final exams. Before the advent of social media I’ve had my share of fun. And despite recommendations (myself included) to the program to have her reinstated, the position was witheld from her. So yes, in academic medicine there is a hyper-Christian mob that seeks to abolish all fun, impose celibacy and sack those who don’t comply.
sigurd jorsalfar
1 May 2015 at 9:01 pm
Reading over some of the comments on Richard Carrier’s post I am amazed and darkly amused at how so many men cannot tell the difference between a blog post and an elevator.
What about the corner of a bar just off campus?

http://archive.is/5ceqF

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Fucking hell.

At least the vomit was quite chunky this time. Stops too much of it from dripping under the keys. Ape+Lust, you fucking genius.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Fucking hell.

At least the vomit was quite chunky this time. Stops too much of it from dripping under the keys. Ape+Lust, you fucking genius.
Play this as you view the picture.

Trust me, it greatly enhances the experience!

[youtube]cfuQIbjPmCA[/youtube]

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

This is not so much a prediction as wishful thinking, but here goes nothing.

Carrier still has contacts within the saner wing of skepticism. I predict that he will chummy up where he can while trying to forget that the lunatic fringe stabbed him in the back and pissed on his reputation. I think he will probably get his own blog independent of any network where he can say what he likes, hopeful that his adoring fans will still want to hear it. ...and carry on flogging his books.

Somebody here said he is probably "on the spectrum" of personality disorders, and I was thinking about this on my drive home because the word "Narcissistic" is often bandied about when I think most of these SJWs are usually histrionic. I have a feeling that his ego is not going to allow him to roll over and accept this. It is one thing for him to admit making mistakes when he was in control of the situation, but if he is not in control I think he isn't going to be able to bare it. He doesn't seem to like being wrong.

So I think one of two things is going to happen, either he is sitting there now assuming he will get away with it and he'll be able to work things out with PZ, and when they cast him out he will go on the attack.

Or he will act like nothing happened, go away and carry on as normal. But over time, especially as he finds doors have been closed, he will get resentful and spiteful.

Wishful thinking maybe, and I also wish that if it does happen, that he knows where at least a few of the bodies are buried.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

jet_lagg wrote:
The Yeti wrote: 4). I don't see any reason to believe Carrier was messing with underage girls at Camp Quest.
Since I'm one of the people that's hinted at that, let me make it clear I don't think he has messed with any girls aged 16 (age of consent), but I think there's enough on the table about his character to show he's the sort of person that wouldn't understand why it was objectionable in the first place, and that alone is enough to say he should never be involved with the organization in any capacity.

Yes that's a bit severe. Yes it's demanding a purity test. I don't care. Sue me.
When you respond to a question about whether an 18-63 range sounds about right by clarifying that the low end would correspond to localized consent law rather than some hard number like 18, you are kind of asking for it.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Really? wrote:The current blog roll of FTB:

A Trivial Knot
Affinity
Against the Grain
Alethian Worldview
Anjuli Pandavar
Atheism, Music, and More...
Bi Any Means
Comradde PhysioProffe
Death to Squirrels
Fierce Roller
Geeky Humanist
Great American Satan
Incongruous Circumspection
Kittywhumpus
Mano Singham
Maryam Namazie
Nastik Deliberations
New Frontier
Nirmukta on FTB
Oceanoxia
Pharyngula
Pro-Science
Reasonable Doubts
Recursivity
Taslima Nasreen
The Atheist Experience
The Digital Cuttlefish
The Hispanic Atheist
The Indelible Stamp
The Zingularity
Thoughts of Crys
YEMMYnisting

The same list on May 3, 2015:

Ace of Clades
Alethian Worldview
Almost Diamonds
Ashley F. Miller
Biodork
Black Skeptics
Brute Reason
Butterflies and Wheels
Comradde PhysioProffe
Consider the Tea Cosy
Cristina Rad
Dispatches from the Culture Wars
En Tequila Es Verdad
Godlessness in Theory
Greta Christina's Blog
Heinous Dealings
Lousy Canuck
Mano Singham
Maryam Namazie
Nirmukta on FTB
No Country for Women
On the Margin of Error
Pharyngula
Reasonable Doubts
Richard Carrier Blogs
The Atheist Experience
The Digital Cuttlefish
The Indelible Stamp
The Sex Politics And Religion Blog
The Zingularity
YEMMYnisting
Zinnia Jones
Maryam is jumping ship isn't she? And what the fuck is "Kittywhumpus"? Sounds like SJW hell writ large.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Really? wrote:We've spent the past few days talking about the SSA Speaker's Bureau, but no one has pasted in a list. Check out this collection:

<who is who>
https://secularstudents.org/speakers/guide

Amanda Marcotte? Really? Is she related to skepticism in any way?[/quote]

Yes, she is long a core member of the social justice faction. We know this because she's been on their group photopgraphs, and she was frequently cited in the echo chamber (sadly, also under-documented). Marcotte is an Intersectional Feminist and in that sense obviously in the same team. She could be regarded as a thought leader to Zvan, Myers, Watson et al.

jimmyfromchicago

fuzzy wrote:
jimmyfromchicago wrote: McCain's obviously a paleocon, Christian right Pat Buchanan clone, yet he went after Carrier on the age gap. In traditional religious societies, older men marrying younger women is common. Our Dick is just a target of opportunity for TOM.
I imagine they make a distinction between courting and sport fucking, but that's just a guess.
You could be right, but I think they take a dim view of sport fucking no matter the respective ages of the respective participants.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Oh yeah, and been seeing this nonsense on twitter for at least an hour.
http://theralphretort.com/demand-killin ... r-6021016/

The war ain't over yet.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

CommanderTuvok wrote: And what the fuck is "Kittywhumpus"?
It's the noise made when you fire a kitten out of a mortar.

http://www.buckstix.com/images/mortar%20kitty.jpg

(I'll get me coat)

Billie from Ockham

Bhurzum wrote:Sorry if this was sharing too much...
Please feel free to "share too much" whenever you wish.

Really?

Post by Really? »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Maryam is jumping ship isn't she? And what the fuck is "Kittywhumpus"? Sounds like SJW hell writ large.
I didn't know, either. It looks more like a Mommy blog about how packing your kid a pudding cup for lunch is a transcendental, magical experience that validates who you are.

Bio:
I was forced into domesticity by lay-offs, and now I have Stockholm Syndrome.
Most recent terrible post:
On the way home from school yesterday, my five-year-old told me that the next day would include a “Lock Down Drill.”
“They are going to wock the doors and we have to hide and then Mr. A— is going to come and pretend he is a bad person and try to open all the doors. Wike someone who wants to steal our toys and games.”
I include his substitution of “W’s” for initial “L’s” because I want you to hear his sweet little voice. His sweet little voice saying, “We have to practice hiding while our principal pretends to be a crazed maniac with semi-automatic weapons, hell-bent on slaughtering children in their neighborhood elementary school.”
Yesterday as we worked on FJ’s homework with him at the dinner table, we remarked that we don’t remember having homework in Kindergarten. Pete said, “And I don’t think it inhibited our ability to become geniuses.” I’m not sure. Not about the genius part (we neither of us are, and that’s OK), but about the existence of Kindergarten homework in my past. My dim, foggy past. I don’t remember bringing home three-page, two-sided worksheets once a week when I was five, but I don’t remember a lot from when I was five.
I am pretty damn sure, however, that I didn’t have to submit to anything like a “Lock Down Drill.” I remember fire drills, where we all proceeded in lines out the door and into the playground across the street, divided by boys and girls. I vividly remember one girl in my line telling me I was in the wrong line. “I’m a girl,” I said. Yeah, that really sticks with me, but it wasn’t Kindergarten. More like third grade, perhaps. We worried about fire. Fire or tornadoes or other natural disasters. Not heavily-armed, demented vigilantes entering our schools and firing at will.
As Finn told me about the logistics of the drill, I felt a combination of anger and sadness threatening to manifest itself in tears as we walked the few short blocks home, but I didn’t want him to see that. I just told him that he needed to listen to what his teachers said and be sure that he did exactly what they told him to do.
After dinner, I related this to Pete, and FJ repeated his explanation of the drill. When he got to the part about his principal pretending to be someone else, I welled up. I managed to keep it from becoming a full-on weep, but I said to Pete, “I know it’s not necessarily the most rational response, but this makes me want to rail and rampage against the NRA.”
“You should,” Pete said.
“Yeah, mama. You should,” said FJ.
http://archive.is/RI8J8

Really?

Post by Really? »

VickyCaramel wrote:Oh yeah, and been seeing this nonsense on twitter for at least an hour.

The war ain't over yet.
Hey. Cool it with the Islamophobia.

jimmyfromchicago

CommanderTuvok wrote: Maryam is jumping ship isn't she? And what the fuck is "Kittywhumpus"? Sounds like SJW hell writ large.
Yep. Atheist Ireland set up her new site for her. That's gotta sting.

Billie from Ockham

VickyCaramel wrote:I have a feeling that his ego is not going to allow him to roll over and accept this.
Not only his ego ... simple, rational self-interest would also argue against rolling over and accepting this. If he were to accept it, what would he have left? He left his sugar-momma and he can't survive on e-begging or "teaching" an on-line course to the gullible. He has to double-down and fight. I'm just surprised that he hasn't started already.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:I have a feeling that his ego is not going to allow him to roll over and accept this.
Not only his ego ... simple, rational self-interest would also argue against rolling over and accepting this. If he were to accept it, what would he have left? He left his sugar-momma and he can't survive on e-begging or "teaching" an on-line course to the gullible. He has to double-down and fight. I'm just surprised that he hasn't started already.
There is a third way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:

This is why the above image is doubly scary to me: It was bad enough when a hot-as-fuck Russian woman tried it with me, the idea of Greta "face like a melted horror mask" Christina propels it into the realms of Lovecraftian horror!
Why, whatever do you mean?
Attachments
PhantomoftheOpera.jpg
(506.29 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

jimmyfromchicago wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
You could be right, but I think they take a dim view of sport fucking no matter the respective ages of the respective participants.
They do? If so, iO defer. I figured they might think once the cork's been popped, the wine is good as adulterated anyway

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Cnutella wrote:A insightful memoir about how revolutions end up eating their own, from an insider's perspective. Carrier got fucked over by his erstwhile "friends" and the overall zeitgeist (which is, I believe, German for "scary ghost") is turning against the social justice warrior witch hunters' morality. This could be a big seller for Carrier.

Hell, I'd buy it, so long as it wasn't some milquetoast apologetic with pages of sniveling self-justification.
“Zeit” is time or the times and “Geist” is apparition, spirit, ghost, spectre etc. In this case the best literal translation is times-spirit, i.e. The Spirit of the Times. Beside, the rules for that are like in English, where you can make a compound like “goldseeker” and also phrase it in the genetive case “seeker of gold”. But compound version is more common in German, whereas the genetive is becoming less common (and vice versa for English).

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: And what the fuck is "Kittywhumpus"?
It's the noise made when you fire a kitten out of a mortar.

http://www.buckstix.com/images/mortar%20kitty.jpg

(I'll get me coat)
Sure that's not a carronade?

[/assburger]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:I see SSA helps reimburse speakers for affiliate groups of they're from the speakers bureau. I have to wonder if groups sponsoring Carrier still got reimbursed after Carrier was removed from the bureau?
https://secularstudents.org/speakers/funding
Technically not against the rules.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Please feel free to "share too much" whenever you wish.
I suddenly get the feeling that not only have I crossed a line but I took a shit on it as I passed.

Yikes!

Seriouly, I was young and needed to spend the money!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ape+lust is a bad person :D :lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Why, whatever do you mean?
You'll smoke a big, fat turd in hell for that one!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Sure that's not a carronade?[/assburger]
No idea.

I googled "cat + mortar" and that image was top of the page. It's certainly not anything used by our infantry or a weapon I've ever encountered.

The cat looks familiar though...

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Hey Peez, how's it feel to lose another blogger? Everyone even remotely respectable on your blogroll has been replaced with fucking lunatics and literally whos.

Hope you lose plenty of sleep knowing that you're probably gonna be the next target of the whisper campaigns. Didn't expect to see those deep fucking rifts under your own feet, eh you dumb fat fucker?

Hope you've got some blood pressure meds handy.

Sincerely,
Fuck You

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

PZ is fucked. Today they nitpick, tomorrow they reveal what they've known for years...

http://i.imgur.com/XnMS06L.jpg

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:... some are cowards.
What do you mean? Is there something for anyone to be afraid of here? :think:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:Oh yeah, and been seeing this nonsense on twitter for at least an hour.

The war ain't over yet.
More vindication for the Hitch.

.ʜɔƚiH ɘʜƚ ɿoʇ noiƚɒɔibniv ɘɿoM