Slymepit Health Club

Double wank and shit chips
comhcinc

Re: Slymepit Health Club

Post by comhcinc »

That's neat fuzzy!

I got about 40 minutes of work out in tonight. I then went and sat in the shower. A bench would be nice.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm not joining the Exercise Pact, but I wanna confirm everything HunnyBunny said about diet... both in what-I've-read & my own experience over the last 11 weeks on the Keto diet.

I started-out a 222 lbs & today I'm at 207. At-first I made a point of excerising... switching from my Vespa to bicycling for errands, or carrying 5 or 8 lb. weights when I trotted to the grocery store... plus sampling 'Fitness Blender' workouts online. At minimum, I'd do this short workout each day... I found it made me carry-myself more-like an athletic person:

With exercise, I dropped 10 lbs. the first 2 weeks on Keto. A large portion of that was water-weight, as the carbs (glucose) stored in muscles are bonded to water. But I'm not dehydrated... just not carrying energy+water in that form anymore.

At first, I experienced serious foggy-headedness & dead-tired muscles. Plus my feet would 'fall asleep' much more severely than just a prickly feeling. I stood up on the subway once & my fully-numb foot buckled sideways-- almost sprained an ankle. But I ate more salt, avocados for potassium, & magnesium pills... the nasty symptoms went away. (even when I wasn't dilligent about the supplements). So I started feeling REALLY GOOD. Like-- so good I don't talk about it/ because I don't want to sound like a hippie health nut exaggerating. And when I've broken the diet-- such as feasting at the baby-shower-- all the bad-feeling things I used-to consider normal... made it really easy to get back on the diet: not wanting to get out of bed in the morn/ with a hangover feeling. Energy crash & need to nap... before lunch. And again after. Farting, painful gut gas.

These symptoms dont happen when I 'cheat' lightly, such as eating fresh fruit, or a single beer. (Low carb alcohol is allowed... but it acts as a 'pause button' on keto digestion.)

I meticulously weighed everything I ate with a little 'drug dealer scale' & logged it in a notebook. Learning what I really consume each day was fascinating. I looked-up Keto grocery-shopping suggestions on Reddit... and found specfic lists for Trader Joe's & Costco stores.

In general, I would give myself servings matching the nutrition label. So nuts are usually 30g at a time. Cheese 24g. Kerrygold Grassfed Butter & Coconut Oil, 1 TBSP or 14g. Googling nutrition info usually leads to Self magazine's database as the 1st hit... which has good graphics, showing whether you're getting complete proteins, etc. For things like Kale, I often use 100g or 60g servings, as Self often offers those as default amounts. For canned Tuna, I eat the whole can... which is 3 servings.

After a solid-month of weighing & documenting everything... at trying to hit specific target #'s for Fat, Carbs, & Protein... I first got lax about trying to hit specific targets. I knew what I was doing by then, without formal targets. Next I was lax about documenting every gram in my notebook. I lingered around 209 to 211 lbs.

Next, I stopped weighing what I was eating. So I was still-eating low-carb/high fat/high protein food... but not worrying about how much. Last: I kept weighing myself each morning, but then i stopped that-too. After a couple weeks, I weighed-in & found that I'd gone down to 207ish, even having abandoned 'keeping track'. Plus I was downright sedentary.

One more thing I gave-up was pissing on 'Keto Sticks' to test for "Ketone Bodies", to see if I was burning Fat with my liver, like I was supposta.

Today I bought a new notebook & started weighing food & myself & tracking everything I consume again, to the gram. Plus I re-did the "Keto Calculator" to get my new "Macros" (daily macronutrient targets for Fat, Carbs, & Protein.)
THIS IS A GOOD TOOL----> http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Male/6'3" | Current Weight 207.2 lbs. | 25% BodyFat | Mostly sedentary

* 1679 kcal daily Goal, a 20% deficit. (870 min, 2099 max)
* 25g Carbohydrates <--less than
* 125g Protein (94g min, 155g max)
* 120g Fat (30g min, 166g max)

When I play with the calculator, switching from Sedentary to Active, my 'break even' number-- 166g of fat (0% calorie deficit)-- remains as my daily target/ but when I'm active it represents a 20% calorie deficit.

Man. What a data dump. I had-meant to just post the breakdown of what I ate today. But felt I had to explain what's behind it.
So, at last, here's today:

Packet of Seaweed Snacks: Fat 7.5g Carb 2.5g Protein 5g

6slices of Jarlsberg cheese: Fat 15g, Carb 0g, Protein 42g

Coconut Oil (in coffee & for frying): Fat 28g, Carb 0g, Protein 0g

Kerrygold Butter (also in coffee & as topping) Fat 11g, Carb 0g, Protein 0g

3 Salmon Burger Patties: Fat27g, Carb 6g, Protein 60g

Chia seeds: F 9g, C 2g, P 5g

2 cups of Chicken Stock broth: F 0, C 0, P 4

3 ounces of Goat Cheese: F 18, C 3, P 15

400g of Frozen Spinach: F0, C8, P12

2 handfuls of Almonds: F30, C4, P12

2 tablespoons of Parmesian cheese: F2, C0, P4

Gummi Vitamins: F0, C3, P0

Today's Total Consumed: 147.5g Fat, 28.5 g Carbs, 147g Protein <---those are what I count, not calories.

So a little-high for all-3 today, but still a slight deficit, so presumably I'm burning body fat to make-up the difference.

Thank you for indulging my blather. I like believing this was somehow-useful to someone.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I tried the kato thing a couple of times and it just never seemed to kick in for me.

My main goal is weight loss but a close second is getting back in some decent shape. I get tired walking up the stairs. I have zero endurance, that's not a good thing.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I've been overweight most of my adult life. The one time I was able to get to a good weight and shape and hold it for several years, it was Atkins basically what Dog is talking, that and walking leading to jogging ratios as cardio improves. I've fully regained my hundred pounds, and now I am 15years older. Basically 6'2 300, got as low as 190, held 205 for a few before I started slipping. Then my single lifelong gout attack did me in. That is all.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:That's neat fuzzy!
So yeah that place has been cleaned up a lot as far as the overgrowth you see in those pics, so there's clear paths. The owner has a few Stihl chainsaws that were in disrepair and my neighbor who is a motorhead I've been letting use my Echo saw a lot cut up a tree there with it yesterday, but is getting the fleet in order so he can use those Stihls, or so I'm told. Pics to follow if I see them tomorrow.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:I tried the kato thing a couple of times and it just never seemed to kick in for me.
I always though the Cato workout looked to be a little too strenuous.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Well after a week of walking I am no longer dragging myself up the hill home from the station and my wife said "I can almost see hints of the old you".

:cdc:

My theory is cut all the processed sugars, no fast food and eat smaller portions - all buttressed by exercise.

What could go wrong?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Might be some days before I can get it together to get introduced to the park owner by my chainsaw-fixing neighbor, but meanwhile a couple of times around the parking lot fills up a half hour. It's like 400 acres and what I'm really hoping for is to access the place from the other end near the waterfall and Kissin Rocks. Saw a lot of trees around the edges of the parking lot have been cut down and awaiting more cutting up. I'll try to make this one of three this week ending ... when does it end? I'll reread the thread I guess

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

So the thing about Atkinsketo type things is one needs a grim determination, I particularly remember using the word 'grim' in respect to the determination and discipline I felt I was summoning in order to accomplish this eating plan. You can't, like, EVAR, screw it up with a load of carbsweets or it turns into total weight gain. Shit gets harder when you're pushing 60 instead of pushing 45. Back then I was also losing weight with a wifey partner and the sex got better and better. Perhaps I can substitute wanking somehow.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Oh yeah the other thing I keep forgetting is I'm told he wants some kind of "CAD" type representation of the park made, so that's part of the context in which I'm meeting him, as someone who can possibly draw him out on things and see what's out there and maybe try a few things. I used to do some 3d stuff back in the stone age, and parts is parts.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Good one! Get two more in this week and you are a contender. :lol:

I've done my three - Mon, Tues, Wed. Hope to get another in but this week at work is shaping up as one without walking lunches.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Banished to the outer limits (well Croydon) for work today.

Still managed to complete my routine - by walking to Crystal Palace Park. Where inspired by other people's photography, I snapped some pics of the local wildlife. (The scale provided earlier in the thread came in handy for this).

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Found a better place that's near the river.

http://i.imgur.com/Uufbu4q.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Nice one com. I'm finding its only now after 10 sessions that things are getting less painful. So keep rolling eh? :)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:Found a better place that's near the river.
Any nice river pics?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Found a better place that's near the river.
Any nice river pics?
I will get some the next time I go (maybe tomorrow but most likely Sunday).

Frankly the river wasn't looking great. Pretty muddy.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

The park was open for five bucks, I met the owner and will try to negotiate regular free access, possibly in exchange for volunteer cleanup work. Did my 30 while waving my camera around taking pics. Pics later
http://imgur.com/2SGsEHJ.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

fuzzy wrote:The park was open for five bucks, I met the owner and will try to negotiate regular free access, possibly in exchange for volunteer cleanup work. Did my 30 while waving my camera around taking pics. Pics later
http://imgur.com/2SGsEHJ.png
I've got $10 for the favorite charity of the first person to walk this route and post it: :cdc:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looking forward to the flood of documentation given its 9.00pm Saturday Atlanta time.

Com has two in (1 certified) and Fuzzy has 1 certified. :clap:

I have 5 certified so fuck you. :dance: :clap:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lol you posted that 18 minutes after 9.

I guess I need to get something in tonight.

Hey I did find my fitness band but I don't know where the charger for it is. Once I get that going again I will be able to prove movement even when it's not walking.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Okay about to do this.

[youtube]50kH47ZztHs[/youtube]

This is the first time doing this one.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You have Sunday for the third certified action.

Come on - 3x30 moderate walks a week is baseline, you have to find a routine and embrace it. The pace is not important - rather the commitment.

When you feel good with your exercise you will want to stop mucking it up with crap food. Then portion control and shit like fruit will start to look good.

At least that's the theory.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Unless of course.

Unless YOU WANT TO FAlL.

But that's not you. Is it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:Okay about to do this.

[youtube]50kH47ZztHs[/youtube]

This is the first time doing this one.
Go for it!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:You have Sunday for the third certified action.

Come on - 3x30 moderate walks a week is baseline, you have to find a routine and embrace it. The pace is not important - rather the commitment.

When you feel good with your exercise you will want to stop mucking it up with crap food. Then portion control and shit like fruit will start to look good.

My issue there is I don't really have a schedule right now. Hopefully it will all come together in a couple of weeks.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fitness-week 2.JPG
(13.6 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Not too late - I hope

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hey well done! And it's only 6.00 am Sunday Atlanta time - so you're a day ahead of schedule ;)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:

My issue there is I don't really have a schedule right now. Hopefully it will all come together in a couple of weeks.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... zZGL-k3u-g

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Brive1987 wrote:[...] and Fuzzy has 1 certified. [...]
er, I think I've posted two 30-minute event so far this week. Proposed 3rd event down to the Buffalo River, should have something to post in a few hours.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

I have an plan to create a clone app of runkeeper called runtracker.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8Mw9D34LP58/maxresdefault.jpg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Okay, I doubled up today in case Brive tries to pull any funny business. And I may have located Welch.
http://i.imgur.com/q5uYTQa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mb5Izlc.png

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... zZGL-k3u-g

Some guy jerking off a mosquito?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

fuzzy wrote:Okay, I doubled up today in case Brive tries to pull any funny business. And I may have located Welch.
http://i.imgur.com/q5uYTQa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mb5Izlc.png
I know Welch has a high value of self-importance, but I am amazed that they are now putting him on maps.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
Some guy jerking off a mosquito?
Strike 1.

Use logic, don't guess from experience.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fuzzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:[...] and Fuzzy has 1 certified. [...]
er, I think I've posted two 30-minute event so far this week. Proposed 3rd event down to the Buffalo River, should have something to post in a few hours.
Correct just testing 18, 21 and 22. All certified. :burn:

Excellent.

I will be collating "properly" when I get home tonight.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here are my results for last week.

http://i.imgur.com/piUkPBj.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Week 2 Results: Monday 16 to Sunday 22 May

All 4 participants equaled or exceeded expectations! :burn:

Com has to get his technology under control ;)

http://i.imgur.com/dHM2r1E.png

http://i.imgur.com/9fVsNpw.png

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I walked early but forgot to start the app. I mention it not to be counted but because me posting here will annoy steersman.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Great tourist location. We even have a nearby 20-meter Jesus.
http://listosaur.com/wp-content/uploads ... _jesus.jpg

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Right, and I forgot com when you mentioned Walmart in the call ... The local store is store number 2,or, if you will, the first clone which proved his original store could be cloned.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Bobby Eaton is passing through in a few weeks.
http://i.imgur.com/aRD88o0.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Is there an online group we are all in or does Brive just collate the data?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:Bobby Eaton is passing through in a few weeks.
[img http://i.imgur.com/aRD88o0.png[/img]
My father was friends with Beautiful Bobby.
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Is there an online group we are all in or does Brive just collate the data?
Post it here and Brive is collecting the data.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Thanks Commie.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Three from three so far suckers: Monday to Wednesday.

I am happy to lose friends by posting 4 red circles in a row, not that I will need to despite the lack of self celebratory chatter this week.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

No pressure.

http://i.imgur.com/lf05Owl.jpg

Personally I call bullshit.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:No pressure.

http://i.imgur.com/lf05Owl.jpg

Personally I call bullshit.

No. Maybe if it was a mile instead of a kilometre then yeah that might work.

Also I have been here that science believes stretching to be a bad thing. The new thing seems to be doing something like jumping jacks to get the heart rate up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Missed my walk today. Pissed off.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:Missed my walk today. Pissed off.
Well it's better to be pissed off, than pissed on.

Stave Hill !

Westminster Bridge ! ("There is nothing more fair")

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Back on track now.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I'm off track. I have been advised by a doctor to stop exercise until I get some more test done next week.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

http://m.imgur.com/rUxJ2Q1.png
So letsee 50/3 min/mi x 0.62 mi/km makes 10:20 per km on the thing, I think

Andy and Opie and Opie were there
http://i.imgur.com/YZYewgg.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:I'm off track. I have been advised by a doctor to stop exercise until I get some more test done next week.
A certified doctors certificate may be posted in lieu.

:snooty: ;)

Is this the problem:
High blood glucose levels— Individuals with type 1 diabetes should avoid exercise if fasting blood glucose is higher than 250 mg/dl and ketones are present. Caution should be used if glucose levels are higher than 300 and no ketones are present. Individuals with type 2 diabetes should avoid exercise if blood glucose is higher than 400 mg/dl. Monitoring blood glucose before, after and possibly during physical activity is necessary to keep blood glucose within an appropriate range.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

THat is one of the problems yes and I do not have a glucose monitor. I mean I own some but they are packed up at my mother in laws a place I am legally not allowed to go.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

http://i.imgur.com/tGayplJ.png
Once in a while I scrape off the hair in an attempt to scare myself into action. If only I had a hot dog and some butter.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'd do that.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Brive1987 wrote:I'd do that.
The action, or the hot dog and butter?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The moobs. I'd do the moobs.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fitness-week 3.JPG
(10.94 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Mon 10.21 miles
Tue 15.18 miles
Wed 20.21 miles
Thur 15.13 miles
Fri 17.35 miles
Total 78.08 miles
Average: 15.616 miles

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Brive - you sadist!