Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

RIP Dave Brubeck

Post by Lsuoma »

IJLTH

[youtube]e1S_vA0ougg[/youtube]

And no, no apologies for putting this in the main thread...

bhoytony

Re: RIP Dave Brubeck

Post by bhoytony »

Lsuoma wrote:IJLTH

[youtube] [/youtube]

And no, no apologies for putting this in the main thread...
Right I'm going to drown this thread in videos

Tony Parsehole

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tony Parsehole »

codelette wrote:
He/she is not infected! She/he is a "gift giver". http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/article1170784.ece

I'll suggest he/she use "spreading the ninja". Ninjas are cool...
Thanks. That's the second most fucked up thing I've read tonight!

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Rystefn wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Rystefn wrote:Holy shit... I wander off for a little while, and I come back to see this? It's cool to hide your HIV status from sexual partners? I just... words don't even...
Welcome to the most fucked up point in FTB history yet.
No shit... Just when I thought my opinion of that lot had hit rocks bottom, the fuckers turn up with drills and dynamite shouting "don't stop until you hit the core!"
http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/u ... nkhole.jpg

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

That shit about HIV 'conversion' has to be parody surely? I mean I've met some fucking muppets in my time but, seriously?

It's almost worth hoping that the Mayans were right and the world will end in a few weeks, we as a species do not deserve to continue if we are producing lunatics like this.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

soldierwhy wrote:That shit about HIV 'conversion' has to be parody surely? I mean I've met some fucking muppets in my time but, seriously?

It's almost worth hoping that the Mayans were right and the world will end in a few weeks, we as a species do not deserve to continue if we are producing lunatics like this.
The HIV shite on Crom's blog is the inevitable conclusion of a policy of insulating oneself from criticism. Eventually, all the sycophants saying "yes" mean you just go too fucking far.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
codelette wrote:
He/she is not infected! She/he is a "gift giver". http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/article1170784.ece

Found the original article! This whole thing is really fucked up: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/828217/posts

I found weird that HF tried to drop the usage of the correct terminology "HIV-infected" with terminology used by a fringe group...but then FTB bloggers are a whole bunch of lunatics, so I guess it is pretty much self-explanatory.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Nah, this person probably means well, and doesn't at least fantasise about spreading HIV. We should change the law so this guy couldn't be criminalised.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

codelette wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
codelette wrote:

Found the original article! This whole thing is really fucked up: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/828217/posts

I found weird that HF tried to drop the usage of the correct terminology "HIV-infected" with terminology used by a fringe group...but then FTB bloggers are a whole bunch of lunatics, so I guess it is pretty much self-explanatory.
Shit is fucked up. look at this from that link:

"the welcome page to barebackcity.com, which claims 48,000 registered users, up from 28,000 about a year ago, recently said. "Be the first to seed a newbie and give him a pozitive attitude!"

(bolding mine)

Poz. meaning HIV infected. That's the word HaiFisch is slinging around and it's used on a website devoted to infecting people with HIV.......I wonder if there is anything to that.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

bhoytony wrote:
Spence wrote: Oh well. I'm just about to finish a blog post mansplaining why shooting people in the face should be decriminalised (because it oppresses gun owners who don't shoot people in the face).
You do realise that there are posters who will agree with that sentiment and not recognise it as satire. (byraway, they will all be Septics )
I support the decriminalization of shooting people in the face, not because it oppresses gun owners who don't shoot people in the face. I support it because there are people in this world who really really need to be shot in the face. Sure, right after it gets passed, you'll see spike in the rate of people getting shot in the face, but it will normalize soon enough, and the net result will be fewer assholes and dipshits around.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Excuse me, while I go find a large weapon with which to kill myself with...

[youtube]iGNIDXUaVts[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote: "the welcome page to barebackcity.com, which claims 48,000 registered users, up from 28,000 about a year ago, recently said. "Be the first to seed a newbie and give him a pozitive attitude!"

(bolding mine)

Poz. meaning HIV infected. That's the word HaiFisch is slinging around and it's used on a website devoted to infecting people with HIV.......I wonder if there is anything to that.
There was a weekend web on the site. Where i'm getting these screenshots from.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend ... change.php

codelette

Post by codelette »

See, all of HF blogpost is not about "hey, don't be a bigot with HIV+ people"; you read the terminology used and you realized he/she is into dangerous fetishes. Hey, Crommie, your friend is a wacko. And you are one too. :)

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

skepCHUD wrote:On the other hand what's really wrong with converting someone? Once they get HIV/AIDS they can't be crippled by "privilege".

Check your non-converted privilege and stop healthsplaining.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
There was a weekend web on the site. Where i'm getting these screenshots from.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend ... change.php

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/kewpuh/ww ... n28_03.gif

Erotic literature has changed somewhat since my day.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Mikelf unplugged

Re: Scrodinger's HIV Transmtter

Post by Mikelf unplugged »

disumbrationist wrote:A new low has been hit.
Imagine the Schrödinger's Rapist scenario - except that the man knows there is a non-negligible probability he will rape the woman, and this probability is higher for him than for most other men. The woman doesn't know that he comes with this increased risk, and he doesn't want to tell her.
What would FTBs say then?
I don't know but suggesting that it might be sensible for the woman to ask him about his HIV status is what is commonly known as "victim blaming."

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

Fucking idiots. The difference between HPV and HIV couldnt be clearer - a lot of recent research has indicated that HPV is likely a human commensal, and the majority of the time the infection is cleared and does nothing to the host. HIV actually depletes your T-cells, weakens your immune system and makes you much more vulnerable to disease. Are these people serious? I have a hard time believing they are actually trying to make such an argument.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Used condoms off the toilet floor in my ass? Yes please!
http://i.somethingawful.com/u/kewpuh/ww ... n28_06.gif

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

codelette wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
codelette wrote:

The Free Republic is a site filled with assholes who were teabaggers before there were teabaggers. I have had many a lovely personal interaction with those sacks of shit.

The Free Republic is part of the right-wing Wurlitzer and full-time echo chamber that includes such laughable crap Pajamas Media crap as World Net Daily, Brietbart, and Instapundit. Not to mention the right-wing Rebecca Watson, Michelle Malkin.

I wouldn't believe it if someone posting on Free Republic stood before me and claimed they were committing suicide and personally shot themselves in the head. Although it would be fun to watch.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Mykeru wrote:
The Free Republic is a site filled with assholes who were teabaggers before there were teabaggers. I have had many a lovely personal interaction with those sacks of shit.

The Free Republic is part of the right-wing Wurlitzer and full-time echo chamber that includes such laughable crap Pajamas Media crap as World Net Daily, Brietbart, and Instapundit. Not to mention the right-wing Rebecca Watson, Michelle Malkin.

I wouldn't believe it if someone posting on Free Republic stood before me and claimed they were committing suicide and personally shot themselves in the head. Although it would be fun to watch.
The original article was published on Rolling Stone a while ago, I believe I read it back in 2003-04.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Funny thing is, most of the people in that SA post are actually better than half-fish. They want to get HIV, they'd consent to that. They fantasise about it. Half-fish actually has HIV and thinks that she doesn't really have a responsibility to tell a person that before she sleeps with them.

She's a piece of shit.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

KarlVonMox wrote:Fucking idiots. The difference between HPV and HIV couldnt be clearer - a lot of recent research has indicated that HPV is likely a human commensal, and the majority of the time the infection is cleared and does nothing to the host. HIV actually depletes your T-cells, weakens your immune system and makes you much more vulnerable to disease. Are these people serious? I have a hard time believing they are actually trying to make such an argument.
I'm having a hard time telling what's going on over there. They could be trolling the shit out of us but it's unlikely.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote: A couple of people actually get shot at in that vid. One from a very close distance that makes me wonder how the person could have possibly missed.
This gives away the fact that you have never been in a firefight up close and personal. The sheer random shit that can go down in an instant can take your breath away when you think about it later, not to mention give you the shakes.

I will let the ex-combat people here tell you about it, though in my experience not many people feel inclined to talk about it.
If you're talking about the incident at around 1:45, then 1) I don't see any particular evidence the shots missed, and 2) are you questioning how a person could possibly have missed his shots right after he was hit by a car?

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

cunt wrote:Funny thing is, most of the people in that SA post are actually better than half-fish. They want to get HIV, they'd consent to that. They fantasise about it. Half-fish actually has HIV and thinks that she doesn't really have a responsibility to tell a person that before she sleeps with them.

She's a piece of shit.
The fish doesn't have HIV. S/h/it gave me a tmi version of s/h/it's sex protocol on twitter.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I missed this choice piece of psycopathy from the Halffish:
"Don’t want to become converted? Start asking your partners about their status before you have sex. Start educating yourself about how to practice safer sex for those times when the heat of the moment would be spoiled, or you don’t have time to ask. Start asking your partners to go with you so that you can get tested together.

There’s no need to make a double standard against all people who are poz, as if they are somehow infinitely more responsible for this burden than you are, even though anyone who isn’t poz is not proportionally held as responsible in your eyes for making sure you can rest easy about their status."
Don't want HIV? Well you should have fucking said so! My infection is as much your responsibility as it is mine!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Rystefn wrote:
I support the decriminalization of shooting people in the face, not because it oppresses gun owners who don't shoot people in the face. I support it because there are people in this world who really really need to be shot in the face. Sure, right after it gets passed, you'll see spike in the rate of people getting shot in the face, but it will normalize soon enough, and the net result will be fewer assholes and dipshits around.
Ah Septics, don't you just love em?

(also wild and crazy free spirits who don't follow the rules us squares do, they're awesome, I love em too).

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

welch wrote: But knowing the larger range of EP would require more work than just reading what PeeZus thinks of it. We all know that if she can't fit it in to the period during takeoff and landing, when she can't be in the internets, Becca ain't gonna read it.
I thought the period involved was between takeoff and when drinks start being served.

As for the paper that supposedly rebuts Ed Clint's arguments and shows EP to be unworthy of consideration, all you need to do is read the abstract to see that's not the case: It proposes revising some of EP's tenets in light of more recent scientific insights. Nothing more. And it ends on this positive note:
A redefined EP could use the theoretical insights of modern evolutionary biology as a rich source of hypotheses concerning the human mind, and could exploit novel methods from a variety of adjacent research fields.
{/quote]

In other words, science doing what science is supposed to do.

And yeah, let's by all means see PZ get his critique of EP published in a peer-reviewed journal.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Rystefn wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote: A couple of people actually get shot at in that vid. One from a very close distance that makes me wonder how the person could have possibly missed.
This gives away the fact that you have never been in a firefight up close and personal. The sheer random shit that can go down in an instant can take your breath away when you think about it later, not to mention give you the shakes.

I will let the ex-combat people here tell you about it, though in my experience not many people feel inclined to talk about it.
If you're talking about the incident at around 1:45, then 1) I don't see any particular evidence the shots missed, and 2) are you questioning how a person could possibly have missed his shots right after he was hit by a car?
1. I'm not talking about the incident at 1:45
2. The guy in 1:45 doesn't get hit by a car

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Half fish on twitter:
Haifisch Geweint ‏@HaifischGeweint
The law should not punish your partner if you regretted your decision solely on the basis that they had an STI you didn't ask about.

Holy fuck. There it is. There it fucking is. The insanity of that comment is there for all to see.
Half fish thinks the law should NOT intervene "solely on the basis that they had an STI you didn't ask about"...The STI being HIV.

Crommunist, what have you done?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Half fish on twitter:
Haifisch Geweint ‏@HaifischGeweint
The law should not punish your partner if you regretted your decision solely on the basis that they had an STI you didn't ask about.

Holy fuck. There it is. There it fucking is. The insanity of that comment is there for all to see.
Half fish thinks the law should NOT intervene "solely on the basis that they had an STI you didn't ask about"...The STI being HIV.

Crommunist, what have you done?
Holy shit, really? Le sigh...

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

cunt wrote:
Rystefn wrote:If you're talking about the incident at around 1:45, then 1) I don't see any particular evidence the shots missed, and 2) are you questioning how a person could possibly have missed his shots right after he was hit by a car?
WTF video are you watching? He may not have gotten hit very hard, but where I come from, when someone is being physically pushed around by a vehicle, you call that hit by a car.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

So if you didn't specifically ask Hannibal Lector if he was going to eat you it's your own fault you were eaten.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

From the comment section in Half-Fish's post:
The point is that the word “infected” is just another part of the English language, and it’s a medically correct use of the word to refer to someone that has a pathogen as being infected with that pathogen. It doesn’t have to come with a stigma, but it surely will if people insist on using it in as frightening a fashion as possible.

Refusing to use a word in a correct and appropriate fashion on the basis that someone else uses that word in a nasty and demeaning fashion doesn’t help much of anything. If someone personally chooses to not use “infected” because they think it’s demeaning, that’s their call, but someone who uses the word correctly and appropriately shouldn’t be taken to task for doing so.
Perfectly sensible, but not in FtB-land. Crommunist just pulls out a typical FtB flashcard:
Danger, Will Robinson. The whole “it’s just a word, and it won’t be offensive if you stop giving it power” argument isn’t exactly a super-popular one around these parts.
These people simply do not want to discuss, they just wish to dictate. Not that that's news.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

acathode

Post by acathode »

Gumby wrote:You HIVogynists need to stop your AIDSsplaining now. Stop. Just stop. Don't do that.

When you develop AIDS and experience the discrimination and emotional trauma you'll face when privileged STD-free elitists ask if you have a disease that might kill them if they fuck you, then you'll understand. Until then, you have no business speaking about something you have no knowledge about, unlike Rebecca Watson, so shut the fuck up or I'm temp-banning the lot of you for 27 hours.
The completely fucking mind boggling shit is that the Half Fish is actually trying to convince people that the laws that say that "nope, you're not allowed to knowingly gamble with someone else's life" is discrimination against HIV people, and he motivates this stance by 100% properly victim-blaming all non-infected persons for not taking enough measures to be safe.

Fuck, just apply this logic to something else. A car salesman sells a car that he knows have some really shoddy brakes, that have a quite low chance of malfunctioning. The buyer doesn't ask specifically about the brakes, because somewhere in his mind, the buyer assumes that the salesman isn't a completely and utter fucking douche-bag but actually has some sort of human dignity and empathy and therefore wouldn't knowingly sell stuff that could potentially kill or end up severely injuring people.

Brakes fail, and the consumer end up in a wheelchair for life. Completely A-fucking-OK by Half Fish's standards, the salesman shouldn't be held responsible because the buyer didn't ask the salesman if the breaks were working properly!

But that's not where Half Fish's insane argument ends, no, he takes it even further, if his deranged argument where completely applied, society is discriminating against car salesmen who knowingly sell malfunctioning cars without informing their customers! What. the. fuck. is wrong with this person?!

It's like it's collective meltdown-week over at FTB. Shit's just keep getting more and more insane for every day that goes by, you think they'd cap out, but they just keep going!

cunt

Post by cunt »

Rystefn wrote:
cunt wrote:
Rystefn wrote:If you're talking about the incident at around 1:45, then 1) I don't see any particular evidence the shots missed, and 2) are you questioning how a person could possibly have missed his shots right after he was hit by a car?
WTF video are you watching? He may not have gotten hit very hard, but where I come from, when someone is being physically pushed around by a vehicle, you call that hit by a car.
Yeah I don't call that hit by a car. "Hit" implies that it slammed into him with some force, and your rationale that it would have diminished his aim through trauma or whatever is fucking laughable. Sit the fuck down.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

codelette wrote:
Mykeru wrote:

The original article was published on Rolling Stone a while ago, I believe I read it back in 2003-04.
Yeah, but it's a lot of fun pretending to be PZ Meyers.

:dance:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Spence wrote: Ed Clint showed that Rebecca's headline study had been sharply criticised by a multi-author response. How much more loudly do they have condemn a study? In scientific terms, it doesn't get much clearer than that (since most crappy peer reviewed papers just quietly die a death of silence). What, does PeeZus want a marketing campaign?

It would help if PeeZus had actually, y'know, read the criticism by Ed Clint, rather than inventing a completely different one in his head and argued against that instead.
Yah, well, in the field of cancer research, we wanted to condemn flawed studies by making the authors die in a fire, but then we decided just to fuck them. Fuck them into the ground.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:So if you didn't specifically ask Hannibal Lector if he was going to eat you it's your own fault you were eaten.
That's pretty much it. I was going to say if your partner didn't ask you if you were a sex killer is it her fault if you choose to rape and murder her?
After all, knowingly infecting someone with HIV is attempted murder at the very least.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

acathode wrote: The completely fucking mind boggling shit is that the Half Fish is actually trying to convince people that the laws that say that "nope, you're not allowed to knowingly gamble with someone else's life" is discrimination against HIV people, and he motivates this stance by 100% properly victim-blaming all non-infected persons for not taking enough measures to be safe.
I seem to recall a frenzied thread (on the A+ forum?) where someone was dogpiled for suggesting that if someone doesn't want their car broken into, perhaps they shouldn't leave their valuables in plain sight on the front seat. It was used as a metaphor for raped women who happened to be dressed provocatively, and the outrage was high as the person was accused of massive victim-blaming. But victim-blaming is perfectly OK in Half-Fish's mind, at least for this particular subject. I just can't wrap my head around the subtle complexities of parallel logic.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BarnOwl wrote: Yah, well, in the field of cancer research, we wanted to condemn flawed studies by making the authors die in a fire, but then we decided just to fuck them. Fuck them into the ground.
:lol:

Barael

Post by Barael »

I think there is a conversation to be had here (well, not in the scope that HF is talking about) about knowingly having sex with someone when both a) you're infected with HIV b) your partner isn't and you aren't. We've had some cases here in Finland in recent and I think the "infected" party has been tried (frankly I've no idea whether they've been convicted as well) for... I dunno since the legal talk is so differerent; I guess manslaughter is the closest one. I think ("first degree", again these goddamn differences in legal nomenclature) murder would be going too far and acquittal, on the other hand, would be too extreme.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Anybody with HIV who doesn't disclose the fact to a partner before sex is a literal psychopath. I don't care if they are painfully shy or that they may never get laid again. Tough fucking shit you mental cunt. Stop squirting HIV into people!

BTW anybody know what Half Fish is referring to in this, most recent, rage-tweet?:

"No ally & no friend would force me to choose between their tone-policing & mansplaining or losing them as a friend & ally. Good-fucking-bye!"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I'm beginning to wonder if Crom wheeled Half-Fish out to take the heat off of Steffy and PeeZee over Becky's recent evo-psych escapades. I reckon from now on the FCs will keep him/her on standby for any future controversies. :lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I don't know the first think about wikis, but this episode (along with EP-Gate) are perfect candidates for Phawrongula write-ups by someone wiki-knowledgeable. After all, these are both colossal, bumbling Phawrongula Hall of Fame-worthy screwups. And within a week of each other! It must be, like, close to Christmas! Oh wait, it is! :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Barael wrote:I think there is a conversation to be had here (well, not in the scope that HF is talking about) about knowingly having sex with someone when both a) you're infected with HIV b) your partner isn't and you aren't. We've had some cases here in Finland in recent and I think the "infected" party has been tried (frankly I've no idea whether they've been convicted as well) for... I dunno since the legal talk is so differerent; I guess manslaughter is the closest one. I think ("first degree", again these goddamn differences in legal nomenclature) murder would be going too far and acquittal, on the other hand, would be too extreme.

Manslaughter suggests no intent to kill. If you know you have HIV and you have unprotected sex I'm going to say that shows intent to kill. If the resulting fatality was instantaneous instead of protracted I doubt there would be any discussion on the matter.

Post by Guest »

Who knows? I'm amazed HF even has friends. Strikes me as the sort of person you kept around at high school just to see what dumb shit they'd do next - you'd humour them, egg them on, that kind of thing, in the hope that they'd make a scene.

I linked /b/ to the discussion, since they're usually very keen on AIDS and fail, but alas it didn't catch Anon's attention and I wasn't about to whore for the Personal Army. Pity; if Crofascist and HF think the trolling from here is troublesome, they'd have had a whale of a time with the Hate Machine.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Anybody with HIV who doesn't disclose the fact to a partner before sex is a literal psychopath.
That about covers it...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Crom wheeled Half-Fish out to take the heat off of Steffy and PeeZee over Becky's recent evo-psych escapades. I reckon from now on the FCs will keep him/her on standby for any future controversies. :lol:
A kind of insane deflector shield?

I doubt the HIV discrimination story will ever leave the Pit TBH. The author isn't famous enough.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8068/8248 ... 5942_z.jpg

Seriously, why are these kind of women so fixated on their lady bits? Despite what they may think, you won't find guys sitting around writing 50 stanza epic poems about their cocks. Even the WCoA. At best, a limerick.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8479/8248 ... 486c_z.jpg

Well, alrighty then.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gumby wrote:I don't know the first think about wikis, but this episode (along with EP-Gate) are perfect candidates for Phawrongula write-ups by someone wiki-knowledgeable. After all, these are both colossal, bumbling Phawrongula Hall of Fame-worthy screwups. And within a week of each other! It must be, like, close to Christmas! Oh wait, it is! :lol:
Second. I couldn't wiki if my life depended on it. Fucking "neg" that I am.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

The Slymepit is not your personal army

Post by Guest »

I believe the Profanisaurus recently described this as 'a box of cow tongues'.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Gumby wrote:
acathode wrote: The completely fucking mind boggling shit is that the Half Fish is actually trying to convince people that the laws that say that "nope, you're not allowed to knowingly gamble with someone else's life" is discrimination against HIV people, and he motivates this stance by 100% properly victim-blaming all non-infected persons for not taking enough measures to be safe.
I seem to recall a frenzied thread (on the A+ forum?) where someone was dogpiled for suggesting that if someone doesn't want their car broken into, perhaps they shouldn't leave their valuables in plain sight on the front seat. It was used as a metaphor for raped women who happened to be dressed provocatively, and the outrage was high as the person was accused of massive victim-blaming. But victim-blaming is perfectly OK in Half-Fish's mind, at least for this particular subject. I just can't wrap my head around the subtle complexities of parallel logic.
Well, isn't the difference obvious?

In Case A, it's argued that there are things you can do to minimize the risk of becoming a victim, but that the guilt and responsibility is still put solely on the one committing the deed.
In Case B, it's argued that there are things that you can do to minimize the risk of becoming a victim, and that makes the one who performs the deed without guilt and responsibility, because the victim share's a large part of that responsibility.

In the A+ and FTB word, Case A is victim blaming, the Case B is not...
I'm actually, literally, facepalming.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

acathode wrote: I'm actually, literally, facepalming.
I have actually facepalmed more tonight than when Oolon was last here "trolling" the Pit by downloading kiddy porn. That is how much Half Fish fails. He has stolen the crown from Oolon.

Post by Guest »

bhoytony wrote:The Slymepit is not your personal army
Oh, don't worry, there's no need to make such requests of the pit! You're always on target long before I get around to seeing the latest lulz. I felt this one was so amazingly bad it deserved a chance of wider appreciation, so I passed it along to Anon. They didn't bite. Still, it would have been selfish to keep such an awful blog post just to ourselves.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jesus...it's madness, ain't it. I'm wondering what's next: Greg Laden demanding the right to get pregnant, maybe? It's clearly reaching that level of absurdity.

Post by Guest »

Tigzy wrote:Greg Laden demanding the right to get pregnant, maybe?
[youtube]sFBOQzSk14c[/youtube]