Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
KarlVonMox

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by KarlVonMox »

Skeptic_Duh wrote: Compared to what he said about Paul Ryan:
The other appalling thing about Ryan is how much the media is puling about how smart he is, and calling him a brilliant policy wonk (also hammered on by Pierce). Ryan is a guy with a bachelor’s degree in economics whose entire career is defined by political gladhanding and devotion to far-right ideological nonsense. He’s not particularly well-qualified; a BA is a degree that gives you a general knowledge of the basics of a field, and it’s a good thing, but it does not turn you into an expert. Ryan’s degree in economics is worth about as much as Bobby Jindal’s degree in biology.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... y-starver/
So glad someone caught this. Monumental hypocrisy isn't foreign to PZ, and I'm not surprised at all whatsoever. This and the example ERV cites are perfect examples that demonstrate how the man has zero integrity, a fraud and an ideologue that doesn't let facts or reason get in the way of his agenda.

Credentials matter. No one organizing a respectable conference invites speakers that don't have credentials about the subject they are speaking of without a serious evaluation of what they have contributed to the field. They must at least show that there is reason for the audience to listen. Watson has nothing like this whatsoever.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BarnOwl wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:bluharmony posted about liking the site John Wilkins' site Evolving Thoughts; I hadn't heard of him, went there, and lo and behold he has joined the fray, too: Eww, I stepped in some evolutionary psychology and other crap

(He self-describes as a "historian and philosopher of science, especially biology. ... Pratchett fan. Curmudgeon. Punster. Fatso." as well as "the Holy Profit of Chocolatism". I'd not heard of him before, but this is a good start!)
I've always like Wilkins' writing, and have never observed him to be other than irredeemably kind, polite, and thoughtful in the context of cyber-interactions. I like that he can poke fun at himself about his weight and love for chocolate - something that the FtBers seem incapable of attempting. Sometimes I think he's too nice for the internetz, and I've thought the same about a couple of other science bloggers. He might be too accommodationist and gentle for fiercer tastes. He was once a SciBlogs writer IIRC, and left after one of the endless squabble cycles (The Poo-flinging War of Ought-Nine or such). Abbie might remember the details.
John is a friend of mine (although I haven't seen him since he moved away from Brisbane). He's a philosopher of science, and wrote a really interesting book on the species concept. Steersman and AndrewV69 would probably be in aspie heaven discussing with him the finer points of the philosophy behind the discussions about the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin.

He was one of the initiators of and contributors to TalkOrigens.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tigzy wrote:Oh Lord. Half-Fish again. Guessing Crom needs the blog hits. Really you've got to read it. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish because of my appalled hilarity at the lunacy of it all. I'll not spoil the surprise. Trust me, when you see what Half-Fish means by poz and, more alarmingly, conversion, you'll...well, you just gotta see it: http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... tion-lite/
He was the one that said Thunderf00t's writing sucked. It did, but no worse that this half a shark.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Half Fish is beyond mental I'd be surprised if that blog post isn't taken down. It's too fucked up even for FTB.
Crommunist had the right idea in the first post, but now seems convinced that people should really run through a checklist of sexual diseases before sleeping with someone... Rather than it being the responsibility of the person with the infectious diseases to just inform the other person, even though it might result in them not getting laid that night.

These people are so far down the rabbit hole.
It's actually stunned me. I have sent it off to everybody in my e-mail contact list. I'm also banging my head against the wall at the viewpoint that it's dehumanising to charge people, who knowingly and non-consensually infect a partner with HIV, with sexual assault.........IT IS SEXUAL ASSAULT! It's hurting somebody via sex. It's also attempted murder. FFS.
I'm seriously considering the possibility of Half Fish being an elaborate troll.

I can't screencap on this computer but I would if I could as I reckon that blog post is going to heavily edited some time soon to make it sound more savoury.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Half Fish is beyond mental I'd be surprised if that blog post isn't taken down. It's too fucked up even for FTB.
Crom's replied to him/her, and even he seems a bit iffy about the post. I look forward to seeing Skeptifem, Jadehawk, Sally Syringe et al get wind of this post, which appears to be saying, in effect, that it's okay to withold information about carrying a potentially deadly disease in order to get sex, in case the prospective partner might say 'no' and hurt the 'converted's fee-fees.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

welch wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
John Greg wrote: Surpsingly, it made it through moderation.

link: http://kazez.blogspot.ca/2012/12/femini ... 2337752195
Jean says she was making a joke. Y'know, like Becky was just making a joke when she dismissed the entire field of evo-psych in that interview. The rest of us are just dummies for not understanding that in these particular cases, intent is indeed magic.
If you're expecting an appreciable difference between Kazez and Zvan, you are doomed to disappointment.
I have to say I liked her stuff before and thought she was better than this.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Crommunist says:
What about in the case where there is no reasonable risk of transmission? Below some CD4 count, your risk of transmission is near-zero, so we’re asking people to subject themselves to the risk of potentially disastrous discrimination based on a near-zero probability of harm. The risk/benefit calculation seems off there.
You are a psychopath Crom. A complete, dyed-in-the-wool fucking psychopath.

A person runs the risk of "disastrous discrimination" for disclosing to a sexual partner that the have HIV? OH NO! PLEASE NO! NOT POTENTIAL DISCRIMINTION! That's worse than knowingly infecting people with a fatal virus fo sho.

And what about the fucking health and LIFE of the unsuspecting twatting partner you sick, ignorant fuck? Doesn't that matter as long as someone isn't being discriminated against?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Oh come on which would you rather be subjected to, discrimination or death? I think we all know death is the obvious choice.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote: Crom's replied to him/her, and even he seems a bit iffy about the post.
That stance doesn't seem to have lasted too long..... Now it seems Crom hates discrimination so much it's fine to fuck somebody whilst infected with HIV so you can avoid disastrous discrimination.

Crom! Your planet needs you!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:Oh come on which would you rather be subjected to, discrimination or death? I think we all know death is the obvious choice.

Death is just a discrimination against the living anyway.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Yeah fucking brilliant, who decides the potential transmission rate at which you need to inform. Is it 0.001% chance, 0.1% chance, 10%? Is it by law, does the infected person play it by ear? Who fucking knows and really who cares because luckily there's fuck all chance the law is ever going to change just to make exceptions to laws of consent based on how oppressed half-fish feels about this particular issue.

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote: Once did a karaoke night where I sang every song as Mr. Hanky. Voice was fucked for days. Totally worth it.
mp3?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:Yeah fucking brilliant, who decides the potential transmission rate at which you need to inform. Is it 0.001% chance, 0.1% chance, 10%? Is it by law, does the infected person play it by ear? Who fucking knows and really who cares because luckily there's fuck all chance the law is ever going to change just to make exceptions to laws of consent based on how oppressed half-fish feels about this particular issue.
Exactly.
This episode is the lowest I've seen from FTB/A+ yet. No shit. This hands down beats the FBRCC* shite

They do this every time. Just when you think it can't get any more fucked up the scum on FTB invent something new.
I wonder what the fuck is going to come next.

Former Belorussian Radiactive Closed City

mikelf unplugged

Post by mikelf unplugged »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Crommunist says:
What about in the case where there is no reasonable risk of transmission? Below some CD4 count, your risk of transmission is near-zero, so we’re asking people to subject themselves to the risk of potentially disastrous discrimination based on a near-zero probability of harm. The risk/benefit calculation seems off there.
You are a psychopath Crom. A complete, dyed-in-the-wool fucking psychopath.

A person runs the risk of "disastrous discrimination" for disclosing to a sexual partner that the have HIV? OH NO! PLEASE NO! NOT POTENTIAL DISCRIMINTION! That's worse than knowingly infecting people with a fatal virus fo sho.

And what about the fucking health and LIFE of the unsuspecting twatting partner you sick, ignorant fuck? Doesn't that matter as long as someone isn't being discriminated against?
Someone should ask him to define "near zero" numerically. Then followup and ask at what probability of infecting someone would he feel that the person must inform the other party about their HIV status.

decius

Post by decius »

I'm sorry, in which universe preferring STD-free partners constitutes discrimination?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Crommuknob on Twitter:

Crommunist ‏@Crommunist
Well it's Wednesday, which means a new post from @HaifischGeweint, and a fresh round of crazy leaking in from the Slymepit.

Yeah. We are the crazy ones. Halffish's blog post is perfectly sane and reasonable.

Fuck you Crom and Half Fish. I hope you have sex with somebody who has HIV and neglects to disclose the fact to you. That way you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside that you never hurt their feelings.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Sorry, I forgot to put quotation marks around the tweet.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:Yeah fucking brilliant, who decides the potential transmission rate at which you need to inform. Is it 0.001% chance, 0.1% chance, 10%? Is it by law, does the infected person play it by ear? Who fucking knows and really who cares because luckily there's fuck all chance the law is ever going to change just to make exceptions to laws of consent based on how oppressed half-fish feels about this particular issue.
Exactly.
This episode is the lowest I've seen from FTB/A+ yet. No shit. This hands down beats the FBRCC* shite

They do this every time. Just when you think it can't get any more fucked up the scum on FTB invent something new.
I wonder what the fuck is going to come next.

Former Belorussian Radiactive Closed City
Most of it I find just funny. This is the first thing in a long time thats actually managed to piss me off.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

"I don't want you to kill me"

"OMFG you are totally discriminating against me. HALP"

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

You HIVogynists need to stop your AIDSsplaining now. Stop. Just stop. Don't do that.

When you develop AIDS and experience the discrimination and emotional trauma you'll face when privileged STD-free elitists ask if you have a disease that might kill them if they fuck you, then you'll understand. Until then, you have no business speaking about something you have no knowledge about, unlike Rebecca Watson, so shut the fuck up or I'm temp-banning the lot of you for 27 hours.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Crom, in the comments of his comedy blog:
To use an absurd example, let’s say that I suffer from night terrors. I have been on medication and haven’t had an episode in over a year. I hook up with someone, but don’t tell her I have night terrors. I suffer an episode and end up fracturing her jaw (while asleep). Is that sexual assault, justly punished by a lengthy jail sentence and registry as a sex offender? I would think not, even though there was a risk that I did not disclose to the partner.

Now obviously a fractured jaw isn’t the same as HIV, but the argument and principle are still in the ballpark.

No. No they are not.
I'm not even going to bother to explain why as it would be an exercise in patronisation.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Crommunist says:
That just shows why you need to tell your partner so they can make a risk assessment for themselves.

You see, if you have a LOW CD4 count ('below some CD4 count...') you are not just HIV+. You have AIDS. And at this point, a huge viral load.

If you are an IDIOT who thinks 'Meh, there is no reasonable risk I will transmit. Im below some CD4 count.' YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF THE CALCULATIONS.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Ive written numerous times about criminal transmissions/attempted transmissions of HIV. The best argument against it is that people wont get tested (dont know, cant be criminal, GENIUS!!!), but then you just mandate testing and thats fixed.

But you dont have the right to put someone else at risk, to change someone elses live forever, just because you think the odds are low. Im sure a drunk driver who kills a car full of people thought the risk was low that he would do that, but that doesnt change the outcome.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

By the way is Halfabrain HIV positive or just a fucking psychopath? I'm just wondering why HE (I'm just going to call HIM this because it will really piss HIM and the other arseholes off) is promoting this poisonous idea.If HE is positive I reckon HE should get up Crommunist like a rat up a drainpipe and see how our favourite FTB blogger feels about it then.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

All this talk about HIV/AIDS reminded me of...

[youtube]kFNs2mOkKzc[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

ERV wrote:
But you dont have the right to put someone else at risk, to change someone elses live forever, just because you think the odds are low. Im sure a drunk driver who kills a car full of people thought the risk was low that he would do that, but that doesnt change the outcome.
That's exactly the point. Feelings and discrimination don't come into it.

welch

Post by welch »

ah what the fuck, here, harsh criticism:

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2011/03/ ... ys_no.html

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2011/03/ ... t_die.html

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2011/03/he_tasks_me.html

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2011/01/ ... _ones.html

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2010/11/ ... pt_ii.html

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2010/09/ ... _same.html (even mentions PeeZus!)

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2010/08/ ... flash.html (Dowdell was a favorite target for a while. Such fertile, fertile ground)

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2010/02/ ... robat.html (threats of violence that make kicks in the cunt seem like a picnic!)

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2010/01/ ... adobe.html (phyllis Diller's tits!)

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2010/01/ ... a_whi.html

http://www.bynkii.com/archives/2008/04/ ... appen.html

now, imagine...for a minute...that level of vitriol targeted at those fucking idiots who whine when you don't tell them they're pretty every ten minutes.

cunt

Post by cunt »

That just shows why you need to tell your partner so they can make a risk assessment for themselves.
You'd think this simple point would be fucking obvious, but no apparently not.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Holy shit... I wander off for a little while, and I come back to see this? It's cool to hide your HIV status from sexual partners? I just... words don't even...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SglqaiNd3jw/U ... 081456.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Both Half-Fish and Crom seem to be forgetting that the risk of being infected is greater if there happens to be a cut or lesion 'down there', as it were. Which is why it's essential to inform a partner that one is HIV-positive before getting too intimate; for all the 'converted' might know, the possible sexual partner could have a spot, sore or scratch which they might ordinarily not worry about.

Also, a low viral load is not necessarily an indicator that the HIV-positive person is effectively safe. From wiki (my bolding):
The viral load in the blood is a good predictor of the likelihood of transmitting HIV to another. The higher the viral load value, the more viral elements there are in tissues and in circulating blood and other body fluids. Individuals with HIV are most contagious during the earliest (acute) stages of the infection. At this phase the immune response is still developing and antibody levels against the virus are often too low to be detected. Antibody testing at this stage often yields a negative result. This scenario increases the importance of HIV education and early detection and diagnosis. Widespread testing could provide significant public health benefits. There is no safe period for an individual infected with HIV. HIV can be passed to another individual even when the viral load has dropped to undetectable. The viral load test only detects the amount of virus circulating in the blood (about 2%). Approximately 98% of the HIV is actually in the body tissues such as the lymph nodes, gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT), spleen, brain, and other body tissues and fluids. Viral level fluctuations in these tissues parallel the levels in the blood but there is not an immediate correlation in time or rate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_load#Contagiousness

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

"But your Honour! I didn't need to tell her I had HIV as the chance of infection was extremely low! Yes, she contracted the virus from me but how is that my fault? She should have asked me if I had HIV before I back-scuttled her!"

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
welch wrote: Once did a karaoke night where I sang every song as Mr. Hanky. Voice was fucked for days. Totally worth it.
mp3?
ha, no.

nor am I going to link the video of me trying to sing "whole lotta rosie"

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

A person gives a presentation on a field of science they know almost nothing about. Their knowledge is based mainly if not exclusively on popular writings and reports in tabloid newspapers. Nevertheless, this person suggests that this entire field of science is a scam. An expert then writes a detailed critique, pointing out serious flaws and misrepresentations.

How does a certain group of people defend the lecturer?

1. The lecturer was only criticising this field of science as represented in the popular media.
2. It doesn't matter that the lecturer only has a bachelor's degree in an unrelated field.
3. The expert doesn't like the lecturer, therefore his criticisms can be discarded.
4. The lecturer was a woman, therefore only misogynists would criticise her.
5. It wasn't even a lecture, it was a stand-up comedy act.

Never before was so much straw burned by so few.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Rystefn wrote:Holy shit... I wander off for a little while, and I come back to see this? It's cool to hide your HIV status from sexual partners? I just... words don't even...
Welcome to the most fucked up point in FTB history yet.

BTW can somebody please screencap that Crommunist blogpost before it gets edited to fuck? I would but can't on this computer.

Guessed

Post by Guessed »

http://i47.tinypic.com/mv14c8.png

Just 'capped the comment because I can't believe he's actually making that argument. It's a strange world we live in when those who are trying to make a case for, or explain away, someone intentionally infecting another with HIV (without their consent!) are supposedly the "sane" ones.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Rystefn wrote:Holy shit... I wander off for a little while, and I come back to see this? It's cool to hide your HIV status from sexual partners? I just... words don't even...

BTW can somebody please screencap that Crommunist blogpost before it gets edited to fuck? I would but can't on this computer.
I've got it all excluding the comments.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cheers, Cunt.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
No shit... Just when I thought my opinion of that lot had hit rocks bottom, the fuckers turn up with drills and dynamite shouting "don't stop until you hit the core!"

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote: “snide remarks and open insults to Allah”
Ah! You are correct. Of course, I should have checked before saying anything.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

JayTeeAitch wrote:All this talk about HIV/AIDS reminded me of...

[youtube]kFNs2mOkKzc[/youtube]
Chris Morris is a genius. If you haven't seen it I recommend Four Lions his film about British Islamist terrrorists.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Half-fish chimes in on my 'infected is infected' post.

HaifischGeweint says:
December 5, 2012 at 11:18 pm
Have you ever had unprotected sex with someone who was not, at the time, a virgin? Congratulations. You’re INFECTEEED with HPV, and your body can now INFECT your future partners with a virus that could kill them with cervical cancer over roughly the same time span in the absence of treatment as untreated HIV typically becomes AIDS and takes a life.

Shouldn’t you be telling all your partners about your status? After all, you’re potentially killing someone by having sex with them.

HPV is even transmitted via skin-to-skin contact, so either one of you wearing a condom doesn’t protect you. And if you think oral sex is your way out, think again. That’s how people get throat cancer from HPV.

You can change the way you talk about this subject matter, or you can continue to expose your bigotry, at which point I’m sure you’ll talk yourself straight out of prospective sex partners in just a matter of time. At this point, I sure wouldn’t go near you or anyone else who talked like you. I couldn’t reconcile my clitoral erection with the urge to spontaneously projectile vomit.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

cunt wrote: A couple of people actually get shot at in that vid. One from a very close distance that makes me wonder how the person could have possibly missed.
This gives away the fact that you have never been in a firefight up close and personal. The sheer random shit that can go down in an instant can take your breath away when you think about it later, not to mention give you the shakes.

I will let the ex-combat people here tell you about it, though in my experience not many people feel inclined to talk about it.

cunt

Post by cunt »

I'd just call her a poison-cunt if it was me. How's that bigotry you fucking retard mutant?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Rystefn wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
No shit... Just when I thought my opinion of that lot had hit rocks bottom, the fuckers turn up with drills and dynamite shouting "don't stop until you hit the core!"
What could possibly top this? Go on. Think. What on Earth could they come up with next week that tops this?
I can't wait to see how they do it but they will. Guaranteed.

My money is on "smothering a screaming baby is fine if you feel the infant is discriminating against your gender"

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

d4m10n wrote:If Watson had given a talk which revealed some depth and breadth of understanding of the field, I'd accept the applicability of PZ’s argument that laypersons are sometimes qualified to talk about science. It's not a bad argument, it just doesn't work here.

She was doubly stumped when asked by an attendee (in both Germany and Missouri) if she could provide *any* examples of EP working well as a science. In both cases she admitted that such examples might exist, but that she'd never personally come across them. Anyone even remotely familiar with the field should start rattling off the list of cross-cultural human universals and some of the experiments done to test whether they are, in fact, more than cultural. Or maybe talk about even deeper psychological traits like the ability to rapidly acquire grammar, or maybe the inbuilt forms of sloppy thinking such as hyperbolic discounting and agency hyperdetection which also appear to be universal. Or, hell, any number of other studies that don't touch upon the sacred field of sex and gender. It's not that hard, even a layman like me could do it. Instead, she just filibustered with a whole load of empty speculation. Had she emphatically shouted out, “I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!” it would have been no more damning.

or at least take the question on notice and be prepared the next time you are likely to be asked again.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Chris Morris is a genius. If you haven't seen it I recommend Four Lions his film about British Islamist terrrorists.
"12 bottles of bleach please"

cunt

Post by cunt »

AndrewV69 wrote:
cunt wrote: A couple of people actually get shot at in that vid. One from a very close distance that makes me wonder how the person could have possibly missed.
This gives away the fact that you have never been in a firefight up close and personal. The sheer random shit that can go down in an instant can take your breath away when you think about it later, not to mention give you the shakes.

I will let the ex-combat people here tell you about it, though in my experience not many people feel inclined to talk about it.
Um, this isn't a military firefight. Its one guy firing a gun from his car as its stopped at a traffic lights.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
'Let's blow up t'internet!'

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
'Let's blow up t'internet!'
"Are they gonna make me fuck a dog brutha?"

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
[youtube]ZAGO_l_YTbk[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Haifisch:

"Definitions don’t list connotations. You can argue until the cows come home about the definition of a word like “infected” in various schools of thought, but none of that answers to THE CONNOTATION IN COMMON USE OF THE WORD."

The connotations of the word infected? Like "that infection is something I really don't want and could kill me so please don't stick your dick up me"?
In this case those connotations are a good thing. Calling HIV infection "Conversion" or "Fairy dream happy time" is just misleading and wrong.

Spence

Post by Spence »

I had largely ignored Crommunist and his zany co-author because they are really irrelevant, but that post really is actually psychotic. Chris Morris popped into my mind as well, but I see I have been beaten to that punchline.

Oh well. I'm just about to finish a blog post mansplaining why shooting people in the face should be decriminalised (because it oppresses gun owners who don't shoot people in the face).

Once I've finished that I'm going to do a presentation that uses Judy Mikovits as proof that the entire field of retrovirus research - no, bigger, of biology - is pseudo science.

Then I just have to wait for the speaking jobs to rooolllllll in.

Anyway, just time for a lamb jalfrezi before all of that.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I'm absolutely loving watching PZ and Black Svan humiliate themselves in their own shit.

skepCHUD

Post by skepCHUD »

On the other hand what's really wrong with converting someone? Once they get HIV/AIDS they can't be crippled by "privilege".

disumbrationist

Re: Scrodinger's HIV Transmtter

Post by disumbrationist »

A new low has been hit.
Imagine the Schrödinger's Rapist scenario - except that the man knows there is a non-negligible probability he will rape the woman, and this probability is higher for him than for most other men. The woman doesn't know that he comes with this increased risk, and he doesn't want to tell her.
What would FTBs say then?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Haifisch:

"Definitions don’t list connotations. You can argue until the cows come home about the definition of a word like “infected” in various schools of thought, but none of that answers to THE CONNOTATION IN COMMON USE OF THE WORD."

The connotations of the word infected? Like "that infection is something I really don't want and could kill me so please don't stick your dick up me"?
In this case those connotations are a good thing. Calling HIV infection "Conversion" or "Fairy dream happy time" is just misleading and wrong.
You'll be converted instead, like an AAC file into MP3. Not that much better or worse, ok so now you have disease that causes failure of your immune system. Don't be so prejudiced.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Haifisch:

He/she is not infected! She/he is a "gift giver". http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/article1170784.ece

I'll suggest he/she use "spreading the ninja". Ninjas are cool...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Speaking of "connotations" calling HIV infection "conversion" is fucking sick.

"Hey I converted three women today and they didn't even know!"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Half-fish chimes in on my 'infected is infected' post.

HaifischGeweint says:
December 5, 2012 at 11:18 pm
Have you ever had unprotected sex with someone who was not, at the time, a virgin? Congratulations. You’re INFECTEEED with HPV, and your body can now INFECT your future partners with a virus that could kill them with cervical cancer over roughly the same time span in the absence of treatment as untreated HIV typically becomes AIDS and takes a life.

Shouldn’t you be telling all your partners about your status? After all, you’re potentially killing someone by having sex with them.

HPV is even transmitted via skin-to-skin contact, so either one of you wearing a condom doesn’t protect you. And if you think oral sex is your way out, think again. That’s how people get throat cancer from HPV.

You can change the way you talk about this subject matter, or you can continue to expose your bigotry, at which point I’m sure you’ll talk yourself straight out of prospective sex partners in just a matter of time. At this point, I sure wouldn’t go near you or anyone else who talked like you. I couldn’t reconcile my clitoral erection with the urge to spontaneously projectile vomit.
"Sorry I gave you AIDS, but you probably already had HPV anyway and was possibly gonna die from cancer, so stop oppressing me just because I deliberately exposed you to another potentally fatal disease, you fascist!"

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Spence wrote: Oh well. I'm just about to finish a blog post mansplaining why shooting people in the face should be decriminalised (because it oppresses gun owners who don't shoot people in the face).
You do realise that there are posters who will agree with that sentiment and not recognise it as satire. (byraway, they will all be Septics )

codelette

Post by codelette »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Speaking of "connotations" calling HIV infection "conversion" is fucking sick.

"Hey I converted three women today and they didn't even know!"
I read this Rolling Article a while ago about "conversion parties", gift givers and bug chasers. Cannot find it, but read this: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread670012/pg1