Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Guest »

Oh well, gave it a fair go. Thought we had a decent little discussion going on there, and it was keeping perfectly civil for the most part to boot. Too bad the mighty banhammer swings so swiftly; now there's only one side of the debate preserved, which I'm sure was the intention. Have fun with Papa Lazarou, Ophelia.

[youtube]WtYZLOh7rxQ[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Just call me Dave.

soldierwhy

Post by soldierwhy »

cunt wrote:Just call me Dave.
I'm Dave, and so is my wife.

Reap

Post by Reap »

cunt wrote:Here's all the words I find offensive. Please refrain from using them against me in any instance that you might wish to offend to me:
I'd like to add to that list:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Reap wrote:
cunt wrote:Here's all the words I find offensive. Please refrain from using them against me in any instance that you might wish to offend to me:
I'd like to add to that list:
!

oolon, slimy turd

Post by oolon, slimy turd »

Dilurk wrote:
oolon, slimy turd wrote: what makes a Pitter a Pitter? Its not just posting here even in PZs mind -- he knew I posted here ages ago...
No, to be a pitter one only has to disagree with the FtB crowd. Your disagreement can be for any number of reasons. There are postings on here I disagree with, but we all have one thing in common; We disagree with censorship of others views simply to have groupthink and we are (likely) all atheists. If you happened to see my open letter to PZ you will note that as a female I am much more frightened of PZ and his FtB crowd than I am of the men on here. I've had my share of online and real life harassment from the Internet. I would not expect harassment from anyone on here but I have seen state collapse proof the FtB crowd has stalkers that take it to real life harassment level.

You have pushed people here very hard to the point you are being ignored by some, and I am not sure why you are doing this. I am not sure you are a troll. Perhaps you really do think that everyone here is the same. That we are all homophobes, transphobes, obsessive and hateful of FtB. I can tell you that personally I have no time in my life for hate, it does not get things done. I am also not obsessive of FtB. I really don't care what happens with FtB now, which is part of the reason I rarely post here anymore. I can tell you I do like some of humour here and I like seeing hypocrisy exposed. I also despise bullies and I am very happy to see people standing up to them now.

Oolon if you can get it through your head that we are not all the same, that yes some on here are still very angry at the bullying PZ and his crowd have done, and it's not a cesspool of misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, if it was I would not be here. Have you read any criticisms of PZ from John Loftus ? Or even Thunderfoot? What are you here to do?
If you only have to disagree then I think you'll find there is lots of disagreement in FtBs, its not quite the group-think central you seem to imply. For a start until recently Al Stefanelli was there! I also don't like some of the polarisation that results from demonisation of the slymepit and its inhabitants, that is surely obvious? I don't like bullying - including the intellectual bullying that definitely happens at Pharyngula at times. So no total agreement there but a lot of bollocks spoken here about this being the case... This I find amusing especially when there is more than enough group-think on this side to make that characterisation hypocritical. I'm no perfect 'neutral' observer so I indulge in some piss-taking of some of the worst offenders of this hypocrisy.
You have pushed people here very hard to the point you are being ignored by some...
Yup as I said, plenty of group-think here so someone disagreeing about the use of the word cunt becomes ... Pushing :think:

So on harassment do you agree with the view I've seen here that the 'victims' over at FtBs/Skepchick should be ran off the internet? If you cannot be thick skinned then you lose your internet privileges? The only bigotry I've seen here overtly is misogyny, I made that clear although some here decided to assume I wanted to prove them all homophobes and racists. Not my view, but theirs.

I wish more people agreed with you in not caring about FtBs, or if they did care that they engaged in more constructive criticism. Partly because I think there may be some good points about the way polarisation, shunning, etc are used as tools (In the atheist movement as a whole) when I personally think more argument and civil discourse should be used. I wouldn't however deny PZ the right to use those methods, he is obviously a firebrand and that is his style. He is undeniably immensely popular in the atheist movement and a key figure outside of it so he must be doing something right. (This might be confusing to some Slymepitters, I can disagree with some aspects of what PZ does while still respecting him and even admiring some of what he does! Its not all or nothing on my side.)
What are you here to do?
I just like to argue - part of that means I end up being 'a contrarian on steroids' as someone here called me.

oolon, slimy turd

Post by oolon, slimy turd »

Pitchguest wrote:However, I think that he, and many of the FTB bunch, simply fails to recognize that the perspective here is that those epithets, certainly the latter and arguably the former, are not really, depending on context, racist and misogynistic. For instance, there is this comment of his:
But seriously context and cultural mores are irrelevant in the Slymepit when they say clearly and unequivocally things like … (Sorry Ophelia)
… you sneaky b****, O*****. What a terribly unethical c*** you are …
With no *’s… I would hope that *any* person not just *any* leader like Al or JV would say something when seeing that. It is clearly misogyny and should not be tolerated by a rational sceptic-atheist community (I would hope).
See, this is why I don't like him. That whole comment is just oozing damage control and it's clear he's trying to back into their good graces. It's pitiful. If you were at least trying to be honest about it, Oolon, maybe I wouldn't be sitting here thinking you're a slimy little toad that are no worse than Tony Blair. Twat.[/quote]

Balderdash! I spent a while on here annoying people about how and why I find that sort of statement offensive.. Not like its news to anyone here that I feel like that?

Damage control...? How can I be more damaged than banned by PZ! Hehe gotta hand it to you for dumb-fuckery with that one.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

bhoytony wrote:
cunt wrote:
Fair enough. So they have to go track down a man they think might be called Dave.
To any muslim defenders of the faith who might be reading the blog:
Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
Surat Al-Baqarah 2:6

bhoytony wrote: This Dave you are looking for is pictured above in Cunt's avatar. Go forth and avenge the prophet.
And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah . They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying.
Surat Al-'An`ām 6:116

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dave's not here, man...

[youtube]w7gWB7IzxtU[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Hahah. Just reminded Benson that people asked for evidence of that claim immediately, and that Oolon who was also online at the time, and he didn't really give a fuck about it.

Straight down the memory hole, within 20 seconds.

welch

Post by welch »

Pitchguest wrote:However, I think that he, and many of the FTB bunch, simply fails to recognize that the perspective here is that those epithets, certainly the latter and arguably the former, are not really, depending on context, racist and misogynistic. For instance, there is this comment of his:
But seriously context and cultural mores are irrelevant in the Slymepit when they say clearly and unequivocally things like … (Sorry Ophelia)
With no *’s… I would hope that *any* person not just *any* leader like Al or JV would say something when seeing that. It is clearly misogyny and should not be tolerated by a rational sceptic-atheist community (I would hope).
See, this is why I don't like him. That whole comment is just oozing damage control and it's clear he's trying to back into their good graces. It's pitiful. If you were at least trying to be honest about it, Oolon, maybe I wouldn't be sitting here thinking you're a slimy little toad that are no worse than Tony Blair. Twat.[/quote]

Standard Ophelia ass-kiss #27. All uses of cunt show the person to be a misogynist. Since PeeZus won't talk to him anymore, he's shoving his head up her ass now.

Oolon, you should try Greta. She seems to like that kind of thing.

Dave

Post by Dave »

soldierwhy wrote:
cunt wrote:Just call me Dave.
I'm Dave, and so is my wife.
No. Im Dave. :D

(Although no one could accuse me of being friends with Ophelia.)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
welch wrote: Nah, it's specifically Oolon being a slowly desiccating shitball. He's trying to be on everyone's side, and simultaneously hold himself out as the soul of objectivity and reasoned discourse.

It's all bullshit of course, and he's really bad at it. (Pro tip for the ooly one: when everyone can see what you're posting in multiple places, with the game you're playing, you have to think about what you write more, possibly even keep notes. We get you think everyone but you is a blithering idiot, but, it is VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO BE STUPIDER THAN YOU THINK THE PEOPLE YOU'RE TRYING TO BULLSHIT ARE. Really. You're failing that one big time.)
How about proving that one John? Where have I expressed support or anti-feminist ideals here while simultaneously 'kissing up to' whoever you think I brown-nose on FtBs and expressing diametrically opposed viewpoints?
And I will mislead them, and I will arouse in them [sinful] desires, and I will command them so they will slit the ears of cattle, and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah ." And whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah has certainly sustained a clear loss.
Surat An-Nisā' 4:119

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.
Jules: Pulp Fiction

welch

Post by welch »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
See, this is why I don't like him. That whole comment is just oozing damage control and it's clear he's trying to back into their good graces. It's pitiful. If you were at least trying to be honest about it, Oolon, maybe I wouldn't be sitting here thinking you're a slimy little toad that are no worse than Tony Blair. Twat.
Balderdash! I spent a while on here annoying people about how and why I find that sort of statement offensive.. Not like its news to anyone here that I feel like that?

Damage control...? How can I be more damaged than banned by PZ! Hehe gotta hand it to you for dumb-fuckery with that one.[/quote]

Well, you could be unable to properly use a quote function on a forum.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

welch wrote:
oolon, slimy turd wrote:
See, this is why I don't like him. That whole comment is just oozing damage control and it's clear he's trying to back into their good graces. It's pitiful. If you were at least trying to be honest about it, Oolon, maybe I wouldn't be sitting here thinking you're a slimy little toad that are no worse than Tony Blair. Twat.

Damage control...? How can I be more damaged than banned by PZ! Hehe gotta hand it to you for dumb-fuckery with that one.
Well, you could be unable to properly use a quote function on a forum.
Fixed that for you too Mr Welch...

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Heh. I don't always like The Amazing Atheist, but he sure does have a way of delivery epic "fuck yous" to moralizers...

[youtube]G-qgARGjT6s[/youtube]

Rystefn from phone

Post by Rystefn from phone »

real horrorshow wrote:
Rystefn wrote:QFT.

If you ain't got scars and broken bones, then you haven't even scratched the surface of BDSM. Don't get me wrong, I'm usually the first one to give people shit for trying to play the who's a bigger masochist game (and all the variations on the theme), but fuck a duck, there's a line below which you don't fucking count, and you shouldn't open your mouth and try to count yourself as part of the group. It's like those people who go bungee jumping once ever trying to call themselves adrenaline junkies. That shit is annoying as fuck.
From what I've learned and experienced about BDSM - and I'm a dabbler rather than an expert - there are shades to suit almost everyone. The couple who spice up routine missionary with a little light spanking from time to time, are doing what they need to do as much as those who take matters to the farthest extremes. Though I'd agree that if you're trying to write fiction that will be a turn-on for BDSM-ers worrying about 'triggers' is a hopeless way to begin.
Yes, there's a broad spectrum there, but a little spanking is off the bottom of the graph. It doesn't count, and it's either ignorant or dishonest to pretend it does. I repeat my comparison to a person who does one bungee jump claiming to be an adrenaline junkie. You can talk about differences of scale rather than kind, but when you're comparing a snack on the ass to hanging a chick from meat hoods, that's damned well a difference of kind.

Likewise, enjoying the odd butt fuck does not a kinkster make. For fuck's sake, it doesn't even make you stop being a virgin by many metrics these days.

Rystefn from phone

Post by Rystefn from phone »

Also, fuck autocorrect right in the ass. (Note that this does not make my phone kinky.)

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

[Somewhat, since the topic did arise a little while ago] Off-topic vent: One of my friends got a job at a Whole Foods a little while ago and now every fucking thing I seen coming from her is about goddamn evil GMOs and how organic will save the fucking planet.

The most hilarious part is that a mutual friend posted a picture of a trashcan full of bits of fruit and she's ranting about how all of the food we waste could be used to feed starving childrenz around the world. :violin: I'm itching to ask her if she's willing to feed all of those poor children with evil GMOs, since organic farming will never produce enough to get the job done, but I'd like to spare myself from the rage tears...

Altair

Post by Altair »

I'm kinda bored at work so I'm going to finally delurk, because the other option is getting something done today.
(As an aside, English is my second language, so if you find any grammatical mistake, that's probably the reason. In that case, call me a cunt and if you have the time tell me the right way to write the word or thought. I usually don't say this because it feels like I'm fishing for compliments about my English, but after the whole "english, do you speak it, motherfucker!" thing in A+, I felt like doing it).

As a quick introduction, I'm a skeptic although not fully an atheist (I have a bit of cognitive dissonance there but I'm not ready to to full atheist yet). I started years ago reading the JREF, and other places that featured debates about religion, creationism and evolution.

A while later I found Pharyngula, and read it from time to time, although I never liked PZ's or his commenter's style, I found it abrasive and arrogant, even when applied to religious fanatics.
Then when Pharyngula started veering into radfem territory, I started reading online about gender relations, equality and the MRM.

With these antecedents, I found myself entrenched in the anti-A+ camp, and I've been here lurking for a while, following other blogs on the topic, following a lot of twitter accounts on the subject and commenting on several YouTube videos.
rayshul wrote: Not fully human. What extra human right was at stake there? What exactly was being deprived? I mentioned before that someone I knew of (a friend of a friend IRL) burned a copy of Dawkins book during elevatorgate. And bragged about it online. I don't know what is with these people.
During the last few days I've been having a "conversation" with Down Sonder on Matt Dillahunty's video "OK with ban but not with blame". At first I didn't know she was an active A+ forum member, but after a while her "woe is me, I'm a victim" nature appeared and she gave me the following jewel.
Down Sonder wrote: That place is not a debate forum. It's supposed to be a haven away from having their self-worth as human beings questioned. If they start allowing those kinds of debates there, then it ceases to serve its purpose, and becomes just like all those other places they are trying to get away from.
Rayshul's quote made me think about this quote, and about these people's feelings that the rest of the world somehow considers them less than human. There is discrimination out there, but I think a level of discrimination bad enough to make someone feel like they're not fully human is extremely rare.

My good personality wonders if many of the people who flock towards A+ should be better served with counseling and therapy instead of going into a movement that will put them in the front lines of the fight against discrimination and everything-isms. But then my mean personality wonders if their safe space would be safer if they stayed inside and didn't throw rocks to the people outside.

Lastly, I'd like to share a link originally posted by WoolyBumblebee in her twitter feed, Arguments to avoid that shows us how privilege, men's issues being almost irrelevant and caused by the patriarchy and the value of Schrodinger's rapist are arguments of faith that should not be questioned.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
oolon, slimy turd wrote: what makes a Pitter a Pitter? Its not just posting here even in PZs mind -- he knew I posted here ages ago...
No, to be a pitter one only has to disagree with the FtB crowd. Your disagreement can be for any number of reasons. There are postings on here I disagree with, but we all have one thing in common; We disagree with censorship of others views simply to have groupthink and we are (likely) all atheists. If you happened to see my open letter to PZ you will note that as a female I am much more frightened of PZ and his FtB crowd than I am of the men on here. I've had my share of online and real life harassment from the Internet. I would not expect harassment from anyone on here but I have seen state collapse proof the FtB crowd has stalkers that take it to real life harassment level.

You have pushed people here very hard to the point you are being ignored by some, and I am not sure why you are doing this. I am not sure you are a troll. Perhaps you really do think that everyone here is the same. That we are all homophobes, transphobes, obsessive and hateful of FtB. I can tell you that personally I have no time in my life for hate, it does not get things done. I am also not obsessive of FtB. I really don't care what happens with FtB now, which is part of the reason I rarely post here anymore. I can tell you I do like some of humour here and I like seeing hypocrisy exposed. I also despise bullies and I am very happy to see people standing up to them now.

Oolon if you can get it through your head that we are not all the same, that yes some on here are still very angry at the bullying PZ and his crowd have done, and it's not a cesspool of misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, if it was I would not be here. Have you read any criticisms of PZ from John Loftus ? Or even Thunderfoot? What are you here to do?
If you only have to disagree then I think you'll find there is lots of disagreement in FtBs, its not quite the group-think central you seem to imply. For a start until recently Al Stefanelli was there! I also don't like some of the polarisation that results from
I never implied anything about group-think at FtB, you inferred I had. Bluharmony watches this forum as well and knows very right well what Al Stefanelli was like, her blogpost on the association fallacy was spot on. http://skepticink.com/skepticallyleft/2 ... ean-kazez/
demonisation of the slymepit and its inhabitants, that is surely obvious? I don't like bullying - including the intellectual bullying that definitely happens at Pharyngula at times. So no total agreement there but a lot of bollocks spoken here about this being
Indeed. So we find ourselves in some agreement. To be a critical thinker one must be willing to look at the argument not the person saying it. Genetic or association fallacy.

the case... This I find amusing especially when there is more than enough group-think on this side to make that characterisation hypocritical. I'm no perfect 'neutral' observer so I indulge in some piss-taking of some of the worst offenders of this hypocrisy.
The pit has a lot of material, but if you go back a bit I for one was asking about the possibility we could end up being what we were fighting. I might even find the thread I pushed this lot with. You are absolutely 100% spot on that eternal vigilance is necessary. I ended up being told I was a grandma who should stick to embroidery or something (hi Gheoff!) and told I was a shill for feminism. But here's the thing, I did not end up with a porcupine in my butt, I did not get banned here, and as far as I know no one here has any interest in harassing me in real life. I've even offered to help them by giving them my real name and email and address and everything! It's fucking great. *ahem* Must be an adult.

You have pushed people here very hard to the point you are being ignored by some...
Yup as I said, plenty of group-think here so someone disagreeing about the use of the word cunt becomes ... Pushing :think:
No, I think from where I was sitting people were talking at cross purposes. You guys need to sit down and have a beer together.
So on harassment do you agree with the view I've seen here that the 'victims' over at FtBs/Skepchick should be ran off the internet? If you cannot be thick skinned then you lose your internet privileges? The only bigotry I've seen here overtly is misogyny, I made that clear although some here decided to assume I wanted to prove them all homophobes and racists. Not my view, but theirs.
No I don't want FtB or Skepchick off the net. That's silly. Again, if you go back a way you will see that I suggested we all needed to have a drink together or something. I've been quoted in my public persona as saying something like "fighting on the internet is like fighting about who gets on the short bus first." Yes, not PC at all. You'll see and hear Justin Vacula on here arguing for reconciliation (listen to his latest podcast, it is very good). There is even a thread on possible reconciliation on the forum.

Yes there are *gny's happening all the time. I have seen androgen, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism. Let's face it, people all suck. We all suck. So you are here, call them out on it next time.
wish more people agreed with you in not caring about FtBs, or if they did care that they engaged in more constructive criticism. Partly because I think there may be some good points about the way polarisation, shunning, etc are used as tools (In the atheist movement as a whole) when I personally think more argument and civil discourse should be used. I wouldn't however deny PZ the right to use those methods, he is obviously a firebrand and that is his style. He is undeniably immensely popular in the atheist movement and a key figure outside of it so he must be doing something right. (This might be confusing to some Slymepitters, I can disagree with some aspects of what PZ does while still respecting him and even admiring some of what he does! Its not all or nothing on my side.)
Well yes. Some of us even here wish we could just sit down, have a beer together, agree we can work together on some things and hate each other privately when we aren't working together. Or whatever. You are 100% right again.

Provided PZ sticks to sticking it to the theists, he does a great job at that. I watched his video of him teaching some Muslims about embryology. He did a great job. What we don't need is the infighting. Go read some of the criticisms from other quarters.

You have to remember many people here were bullied by the FtB'ers and PZ in particular, the dogpile is a common thing that happens. Some here were harassed at work, in other words net life was pushed into meat life. I am not surprised that the anger at this, finds its way here. Have you not seen what happened to ERV ? or to franc? There are several females on the pit beside me who are using pseudonyms because of the fear of the nutbars associated with FtB.
What are you here to do?
I just like to argue - part of that means I end up being 'a contrarian on steroids' as someone here called me.
I personally have no problem with that, provided you have a well reasoned argument with evidence. If there is hypocrisy here, I would want to see it called out on. Eternal vigilance. Same thing Steersman did. No we aren't perfect. Yes we get things wrong. Still, I have seen people here admit when they are wrong. I do not see porcupines here or banning. And, without hearing all sides how can one think critically?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Have you not seen what happened to ERV ? or to franc? There are several females on the pit beside me who are using pseudonyms because of the fear of the nutbars associated with FtB.
Sorry, lulz.

and comedy gold.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:Oh well, gave it a fair go. Thought we had a decent little discussion going on there, and it was keeping perfectly civil for the most part to boot. Too bad the mighty banhammer swings so swiftly; now there's only one side of the debate preserved, which I'm sure was the intention. Have fun with Papa Lazarou, Ophelia.

[youtube]WtYZLOh7rxQ[/youtube]
That was funny!
I'd presumed that Ophelia was bluffing about Author being called D... but she seems adamant that it IS his name, but that she hasn't revealed anything that he hadn't himself revealed previously.
She made it sound like we made up the entire story but is going into damage control after the screencap showed her revealing the name.
Does anyone know where Author used this name in public prior to that B and W thread? They keep mentioning his appearance on the Pod Delusion podcast, but that was in January 2012, 6 months after Ophelia used the name.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Have you not seen what happened to ERV ? or to franc? There are several females on the pit beside me who are using pseudonyms because of the fear of the nutbars associated with FtB.
Sorry, lulz.

and comedy gold.
no kidding

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Altair wrote:I'm kinda bored at work so I'm going to finally delurk, because the other option is getting something done today.
(As an aside, English is my second language, so if you find any grammatical mistake, that's probably the reason. In that case, call me a cunt and if you have the time tell me the right way to write the word or thought. I usually don't say this because it feels like I'm fishing for compliments about my English, but after the whole "english, do you speak it, motherfucker!" thing in A+, I felt like doing it).

As a quick introduction, I'm a skeptic although not fully an atheist (I have a bit of cognitive dissonance there but I'm not ready to to full atheist yet). I started years ago reading the JREF, and other places that featured debates about religion, creationism and evolution.

A while later I found Pharyngula, and read it from time to time, although I never liked PZ's or his commenter's style, I found it abrasive and arrogant, even when applied to religious fanatics.
Then when Pharyngula started veering into radfem territory, I started reading online about gender relations, equality and the MRM.

With these antecedents, I found myself entrenched in the anti-A+ camp, and I've been here lurking for a while, following other blogs on the topic, following a lot of twitter accounts on the subject and commenting on several YouTube videos.
rayshul wrote: Not fully human. What extra human right was at stake there? What exactly was being deprived? I mentioned before that someone I knew of (a friend of a friend IRL) burned a copy of Dawkins book during elevatorgate. And bragged about it online. I don't know what is with these people.
During the last few days I've been having a "conversation" with Down Sonder on Matt Dillahunty's video "OK with ban but not with blame". At first I didn't know she was an active A+ forum member, but after a while her "woe is me, I'm a victim" nature appeared and she gave me the following jewel.
Down Sonder wrote: That place is not a debate forum. It's supposed to be a haven away from having their self-worth as human beings questioned. If they start allowing those kinds of debates there, then it ceases to serve its purpose, and becomes just like all those other places they are trying to get away from.
Rayshul's quote made me think about this quote, and about these people's feelings that the rest of the world somehow considers them less than human. There is discrimination out there, but I think a level of discrimination bad enough to make someone feel like they're not fully human is extremely rare.

My good personality wonders if many of the people who flock towards A+ should be better served with counseling and therapy instead of going into a movement that will put them in the front lines of the fight against discrimination and everything-isms. But then my mean personality wonders if their safe space would be safer if they stayed inside and didn't throw rocks to the people outside.

Lastly, I'd like to share a link originally posted by WoolyBumblebee in her twitter feed, Arguments to avoid that shows us how privilege, men's issues being almost irrelevant and caused by the patriarchy and the value of Schrodinger's rapist are arguments of faith that should not be questioned.
Bonjour! Allez tout doit, tourne a gouche!

Firstly, welcome to the forum but I believe your lack of English language skills is effecting your ability to understand the debate. I have absolutely no fucking clue what meaning that plate full of alphabeti spagetti, I quoted above, is supposed to convey.

It's with a sincere, loving and heavy heart that I suggest to the mods that they put you on a week long break.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I think I'm developing a twitch whenever I catch $urly Amy referring to her hobby as 'art' - the same kind of twitch that Dreyfus reserved for Inspector Closeau in the Pink Panther films.

"Give me 10 people like $urly Amy and I could conquer the world!!"

RIP Herbert Lom...

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Tigzy wrote:I think I'm developing a twitch whenever I catch $urly Amy referring to her hobby as 'art' - the same kind of twitch that Dreyfus reserved for Inspector Closeau in the Pink Panther films.

"Give me 10 people like $urly Amy and I could conquer the world!!"

RIP Herbert Lom...
I made the mistake of watching the "Skepticism and the Humanities" video on Jrefs youtube channel. I got full blown tourettes now

Spence

Post by Spence »

JackRayner wrote:[Somewhat, since the topic did arise a little while ago] Off-topic vent: One of my friends got a job at a Whole Foods a little while ago and now every fucking thing I seen coming from her is about goddamn evil GMOs and how organic will save the fucking planet.

The most hilarious part is that a mutual friend posted a picture of a trashcan full of bits of fruit and she's ranting about how all of the food we waste could be used to feed starving childrenz around the world. :violin: I'm itching to ask her if she's willing to feed all of those poor children with evil GMOs, since organic farming will never produce enough to get the job done, but I'd like to spare myself from the rage tears...
Oh yeah, the ideologues would rather people died than eat GMO. Example. OK it's from a biased source and ten years old but from what I gather it is pretty accurate to what happened on the ground. Sickening.

Altair

Post by Altair »

JayTeeAitch wrote:

Firstly, welcome to the forum but I believe your lack of English language skills is effecting your ability to understand the debate. I have absolutely no fucking clue what meaning that plate full of alphabeti spagetti, I quoted above, is supposed to convey.

It's with a sincere, loving and heavy heart that I suggest to the mods that they put you on a week long break.
You dicko! Me speaky English mucho bueno! You no understand Englishy privilege, you bigot-io! :geek:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

JayTeeAitch wrote:

Destroying a joke* 101: If you use "allez", second plural tense, then you have to use it for the follow-up. I won't even touch the subject of bad spelling (ok, I will: "droit", "gauche").

Allez tout droit, tournez à gauche!

Or whatever...

*this whole stuff was a pure accident. Couldn't remember what I wanted to type.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

JayTeeAitch wrote:Bonjour! Allez tout doit, tourne a gouche!

Hey, piss off. What Altair wrote was perfectly readable. Maybe you're just retarded. I see also, that your very first post welcomes Altair to the forum. Just before you insult him. What the fuck?

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Altair wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:

You dicko! Me speaky English mucho bueno! You no understand Englishy privilege, you bigot-io! :geek:
That's better, except for the gender based slur :x (though you may have neuterized it with the 'o'). I understood everything your said there :)

Just need to check bigot and geek in my 101-ism-cheat-sheet.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Scented Nectar wrote:

Hey, piss off. What Altair wrote was perfectly readable. Maybe you're just retarded. I see also, that your very first post welcomes Altair to the forum. Just before you insult him. What the fuck?
SN: satire, maybe? Like that other fucker at A+ insulting somreone for their lack of English mastering? That's the way I took it, anyway.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I sometimes wonder what the point of the ignore option is. I see the Pied Piper is back spouting dishonest shite and once again everybody has their dancing shoes on and is quoting every bit of drivel he comes up with. Maybe I should just ignore everybody, except the sensible few who won't play his game and give him the attention he craves.

Oh, and JayTeeAitch why don't you fuck off back where you came from?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

If I may be so bold, Scented Nectar, I THINK JayTeeAitch was ridiculing the recent happening over at A+theism where a moderator told a non-English speaker that their English wasn't good enough and so shouldn't post be posting in that particular thread.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Destroying a joke* 101: If you use "allez", second plural tense, then you have to use it for the follow-up. I won't even touch the subject of bad spelling (ok, I will: "droit", "gauche").

Or whatever...

Ta gueule, Monsieur Franchouillard :lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Scented Nectar wrote:

S/he was just satirizing a ridiculous incident on the A+ forum. No harm done.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

bhoytony wrote:I sometimes wonder what the point of the ignore option is. I see the Pied Piper is back spouting dishonest shite and once again everybody has their dancing shoes on and is quoting every bit of drivel he comes up with. Maybe I should just ignore everybody, except the sensible few who won't play his game and give him the attention he craves.

Yeah, it would be great if the ignore option blanked out "foe" quotes in replies as well. I am well past bored with that obvious fucking troll.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:

Destroying a joke* 101: If you use "allez", second plural tense, then you have to use it for the follow-up. I won't even touch the subject of bad spelling (ok, I will: "droit", "gauche").

Or whatever...

I see you're not familiar with the Canadian French language. Don't bother looking it up, just trust me.

Sincerely,
MaiforpeaceOff

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Spence wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Destroying a joke* 101: If you use "allez", second plural tense, then you have to use it for the follow-up. I won't even touch the subject of bad spelling (ok, I will: "droit", "gauche").

Or whatever...

Ta gueule, Monsieur Franchouillard :lol:
Mais va te faire foutre, connard! ;)

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Scented Nectar wrote:

It's a nice thing that I did for Altair. They'll thank me in the end - if the mods let them back in!

Also, It may be my first post but I've been lurking for a good 3 hours.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

SN: satire, maybe? Like that other fucker at A+ insulting somreone for their lack of English mastering? That's the way I took it, anyway.
Well, that's where a smiley would have been useful. One of these maybe: :P I thought this guy was someone following Altair around on the net, and trolling/bugging him, since it was the first post for both of them.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Build em up and then tear em down....It builds character. I believe a thank you is in order

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

JayTeeAitch wrote:

Oh and by the way, when you are criticising another poster's English, you might want to buy a dictionary and look up the difference between effect and affect, you dozy fucker.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:

Or whatever...

I see you're not familiar with the Canadian French language. Don't bother looking it up, just trust me.

Sincerely,
MaiforpeaceOff
kwa?

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

Well, that's where a smiley would have been useful. One of these maybe: :P I thought this guy was someone following Altair around on the net, and trolling/bugging him, since it was the first post for both of them.
Altair actually alluded to the A+ forum incident in his post. I couldn't resist. :D

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Dilurk wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:

Or whatever...

Sincerely,
MaiforpeaceOff
kwa?
Kakvo? Ne razbiram.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Pitchguest wrote:I'll just leave this here:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 361#p26361
I couldn't find that earlier and I see, after reading it again, I failed miserably to match Mai's supreme level of rudeness.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

JayTeeAitch wrote:
*Snip*

kwa?
Kakvo? Ne razbiram.[/quote]

Co? Quoi? Che?

(Out of curiosity, does "Kakvo? Ne razbiram" mean "Whats Never mind"?)

Spence

Post by Spence »

JayTeeAitch wrote:I see you're not familiar with the Canadian French language. Don't bother looking it up, just trust me.

Sincerely,
MaiforpeaceOff
Psst. Go with Belgian. Nothing would surprise the French about how much the Belgians have distorted their language. I mean, what the hell is "nonante" supposed to be anyway? What normal person wouldn't say four-twenty-ten?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Reap wrote:
Build em up and then tear em down....It builds character. I believe a thank you is in order
Oh the humanity, it's too cruel. A thank you is just too much, I tell you! :lol:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

JayTeeAitch wrote:Altair actually alluded to the A+ forum incident in his post. I couldn't resist. :D
Doh! I should have caught that. My apologies. :)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

JayTeeAitch wrote:

Sincerely,
MaiforpeaceOff
I have a hard time skyping one of my musicians who lives in Montreal. We have to repeat stuff about 3 times and even type them to understand each others somertimes.

Calice!

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:
*Snip*

kwa?
Kakvo? Ne razbiram.
Co? Quoi? Che?

(Out of curiosity, does "Kakvo? Ne razbiram" mean "Whats Never mind"?)[/quote]

It's - what? I don't understand.

Never mind = Niama nishto. (literally - there is no nothing :? ).

Spence

Post by Spence »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Spence wrote: Ta gueule, Monsieur Franchouillard :lol:
Mais va te faire foutre, connard! ;)
Ha ha. I think I would lose quite badly in a head-to-head with you using French insults. Although it could vastly improve my *useful* French vocab :think:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Spence wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:I see you're not familiar with the Canadian French language. Don't bother looking it up, just trust me.

Sincerely,
MaiforpeaceOff
Psst. Go with Belgian. Nothing would surprise the French about how much the Belgians have distorted their language. I mean, what the hell is "nonante" supposed to be anyway? What normal person wouldn't say four-twenty-ten?
"nonante"? One of the most logical Belgian disambiguations, I'd say.

Oh, I see...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Rystefn from phone wrote: Likewise, enjoying the odd butt fuck does not a kinkster make. For fuck's sake, it doesn't even make you stop being a virgin by many metrics these days.
[youtube]cG-6AP8DIOU[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Pitchguest wrote:I'll just leave this here:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 361#p26361
Ok, I'll say it - maiforpeace is a gigantic asshat. Seriously. WTF is the problem with those mods on Asshat+?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:I sometimes wonder what the point of the ignore option is. I see the Pied Piper is back spouting dishonest shite and once again everybody has their dancing shoes on and is quoting every bit of drivel he comes up with. Maybe I should just ignore everybody, except the sensible few who won't play his game and give him the attention he craves.

Yeah, dilurk is >>THIS CLOSE<< to going on my ignore list too, due to engaging with Mr. Crazyfuck.