Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Saint N.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Saint N. »

Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:Well okay - maybe suspended accounts on Twitter disappear non-concurrently on their servers, meaning that it might have been readable to others but not to me. In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.
I always knew oolon was a misogynist, sexist dinosaur!

:D

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Saint N. wrote:Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.
Take a wild, wild, wild, wild guess.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Reap wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Ok, so I was married with a one year old daughter at 25. It didn't mean that I wasn't immature or naive at that age, but I guess that I had a few more responsibilities.
I wasn't married but I had a daughter at 25. She is now a responsible,compassionate, self respecting adult. You won't catch her whining about the made-up bullshit RW cries about. She doesn't take any shit but she doesn't make up any shit just to get attention either. She lives in the real world and I am very proud of her. ....how touching huh?
Ditto x 2

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Saint N. wrote:Either Al is taking the highroad by making his leave from ftb sound more amicable than it was, or Ophelia is trying to stir up drama by implying he was removed for the anti-A+ post he put out. Meh, at least one more person made it out of there.
I take it Ophelia has taken to criticising her young page (Rhys Morgan) and her bestest friend (Rebecca Watson) on the basis that they have ripped into A+ in the last few days. I mean, if Rhys and Rebecca can go "off message", surely Al can, right?

Saying that, Ophelia is the one moaning about the word "cunt" again, but is STILL "oblivious" when it comes to Rhys Morgan's liberal use of the term.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Well okay - maybe suspended accounts on Twitter disappear non-concurrently on their servers, meaning that it might have been readable to others but not to me. In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.
I always knew oolon was a misogynist, sexist dinosaur!

Yeah, but the thing that struck me when reading those posts was that the troll came across - to me, at least - as being male. Not saying that he/she was, of course - I'm just genuinely curious how Oolon got the impression that he/she was female.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Al's (not new) blog:

http://alstefanelli.wordpress.com/2012/ ... w-friends/
Oh, and everyone is welcome here, no matter from where you hail. Yes, this includes the Slymepit, the Atheism+ forum, or anywhere else. Every voice is important, no matter how disagreeable.
Isn't this of sceptics should function? Oh my, I do believe it is!

Well done Al, and good luck in your future endeavours.
I like the one comment there so far:
Al – I hope this was your choice and there was no external pressures on you – you seem like a really nice guy. I have no account either at Atheism plus or the slimepit, but i have browsed both. I like to get both sides of a story. While the slimepit is not for the delicate eye, it is nothing like its critics make it out to be. A+ on the other hand, seems everything and more its critics make it out to be.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I seem to recall at least one other former FTB blogger (can't remember which one) taking great pains to say he was leaving on his own. Al seems to have a spine, though, so maybe he indeed just told them to fuck off. Cheers for him either way.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Saint N. wrote:But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).
So we should probably get this capped, then...

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Tigzy wrote: In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.
They said as much in one of their tweets.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

JackRayner wrote:
Tigzy wrote: In any case, I'm wondering why Oolon is assuming 'SammyBoals/AshleyF' is female? Both names are unisex.
Ah right - must have missed that one. Strike my enquiry from the record, m'lud.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I think Ophelia's line about Al's "last post" reeks of "bye bye luv, go somewhere else". His post "QandA" wasn't anything like a parting post. The backchannel must be boiling up right now at FTB...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think Ophelia's line about Al's "last post" reeks of "bye bye luv, go somewhere else". His post "QandA" wasn't anything like a parting post. The backchannel must be boiling up right now at FTB...
Or shorter Ophelia: "Nice house you got there, would be a shame if anything happened to it..."

Again.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Ah right - must have missed that one. Strike my enquiry from the record, m'lud.
Could still be a false flag operation!

Reap

Post by Reap »

Saint N. wrote:I am curious tough, if he's really been kicked out, why Al hasn't directly mentioned it on his twitter yet (don't tell me Ophelia is setting up a Poe for us). Going on the more likely assumption it's all true, in the linked Ophelia post on Al I think this sentence leaves little doubt about the fact that Al was booted for voicing a dissenting opinion,
Ophelia wrote:I forgot to add Al’s farewell post (although he apparently didn’t think of it as such when he wrote it).
If he didn't know it was going to be his final post on FtB, then I can only infer that the removal is a one-sided decision. By coming out and saying this Ophelia is pretty much further legitimizing the claim that FtB is a dogmatic hivemind that doesn't allow dissent (like we needed more convincing, amirite). But I suspect, a few weeks from now she'll deny ever having made the claim at all and accuse us of making it up (just like the TAM-nazi comparison, the parallel logic reference, the fact that she didn't oppose the labeling of Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, and Dennet as white supremacists on a panel she was a part of, etc etc etc).
No one forced Al out. Trust that. Not actively anyway. You can trust Al's words if he says he wasnt forced out he wasn't. Pathetic some people need to lie and mislead to look good....totally pathetic

sacha

Post by sacha »

James Onen wrote:
ERV wrote:Hey I havent heard from James lately--

??
I'm alive and well. And still evil :twisted:.
nice to see you, James. Don't be such a stranger

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Reap wrote:No one forced Al out. Trust that. Not actively anyway. You can trust Al's words if he says he wasnt forced out he wasn't. Pathetic some people need to lie and mislead to look good....totally pathetic
I trust though that he probably made an announcement about it to the other FtB bloggers on the backchannel, prior to his *real* last post being up on his blog. Ophelia using this to put the spotlight on herself by making the info public first, and then throwing in this sort of cryptic 'oh he spoke his final words here and didn't even know it hehehe' is just sad and pathetic (as you said). It's also hilarious because she's validating everything FtB critics say about them. I hope their new bloggers will be people like Marcotte and Laden, gathering all the crap in the secular blogosphere in one place is the greatest service they could do for the a/s community.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tigzy wrote:It amazes me how you people can stand to listen to Becky's drone for so long. And if she's had her teeth worked on, the dentist didn't make a very good job of it, considering her overbite. Still, she has apparently been living in the UK for a while, so that might explain it.

(That said, I'd rather have the crooked, gnarly butchery of British teeth than those strange, scary 'all exactly alike' robot teeth the Merkins seem to go for...)
hahaha! tombstones

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

http://skepdirt.wordpress.com/2012/10/1 ... ls-rapist/

Skepdirt: Why Schrödinger's Rapist is really Pascal's Rapist.

Give some love.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Tigzy wrote:Jesus, but Brownian needs a blowjob, doesn't he.
Guy's still a virgin. Has to be.
I caught the whiff of this Brownian motion:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8331/8078 ... 118134.jpg

He's not the only 'boon there to take issue with the idea that privilege is not innate. Ponder that a second. What they're saying is: If you are born into a 'privileged' group, then there's no changing it. You live and die with that label no matter what your behaviour! No wonder they've no interest in actually doing anything away from their keyboards. What would be the point? A straight white guy could feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless all his life, and he'd still be Schrodinger's rapist to them.

I do have to wonder though, if that's what they really believe, why don't those baboons who can't tick any of the 'victim' boxes don't just kill themselves? (Or is it that they can all find boxes to tick?)

On a brighter note. I do enjoy seeing the likes of Brownian using the term 'atheist' disparagingly. Just like some of the folk on the A+ forum. I definitely want that word back.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Athlete's Foot's heaven...
Sure, but unlike Jen this woman did something for the homeless.
Joke, bloody joke!

Do I have to put smileys everywhere?!?

no.

it's obvious to me when you are joking

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I'm editing through The Beaver's 2012 HFA keynote speech and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THIS IS A KEYNOTE SPEECH? My God, it's an hour of Watson bitching about trolls, mean girls and how people weren't nice to her on the internet. If she was a fat no-life neck beard guy no one would listen to her, but since she's a fat pink-haired no-life Skepchick suddenly arguing on the internet has global consequences.

She complains about someone threatening to put a bullet in her head (been there, princess) and not even ten minutes in, I'm begging for a bullet in the head.

Sacha, do tell.

Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

real horrorshow wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Jesus, but Brownian needs a blowjob, doesn't he.
Guy's still a virgin. Has to be.
I caught the whiff of this Brownian motion:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8331/8078 ... 118134.jpg

He's not the only 'boon there to take issue with the idea that privilege is not innate. Ponder that a second. What they're saying is: If you are born into a 'privileged' group, then there's no changing it. You live and die with that label no matter what your behaviour!No wonder they've no interest in actually doing anything away from their keyboards. What would be the point? A straight white guy could feed the hungry, clothe the naked and shelter the homeless all his life, and he'd still be Schrodinger's rapist to them.

I do have to wonder though, if that's what they really believe, why don't those baboons who can't tick any of the 'victim' boxes don't just kill themselves? (Or is it that they can all find boxes to tick?)

On a brighter note. I do enjoy seeing the likes of Brownian using the term 'atheist' disparagingly. Just like some of the folk on the A+ forum. I definitely want that word back.
The bolded part I found interesting. Isn't that what Fundie Christians say? If you don't accept Jesus you will never be worthy no matter how many good deeds you do. At least Christianity offered a way to salvation. What the FfTB people preach is more like the Aztec religion (we were created from stolen god's blood and we can never redeem ourselves but we must make sacrifices because humans are nothing more than dirty thieves). Amazing how many tenets of fundamentalism they have adopted, not just Christian, but any religion or authoritarian secular ideologies.

codelette

Post by codelette »

After reading The Talking Prune visual diarrhea, I remembered a question I had in my mind for some time now: What caused the fallout between granny and Stangroom?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Hmmm. It does seem as if Al was maybe thinking of quitting FfTB about a month ago: http://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanell ... ater-good/

I also particularly like what i found in the comments: http://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanell ... ment-63781
Michael Kingsford Gray says:
September 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm

FfTB is looking more and more like the Titanic.
Good move getting on a life-boat while you still can.
oolon says:
September 15, 2012 at 5:47 am

Hehe I have more in common with the slimepitters – an inability to notice Al is not leaving :-)
:lol:

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

ERV wrote:
acathode wrote:
decius wrote:I think that could be called harassment and maybe even defamation/libel?
Almost. 'Stalking' is a crime. You cannot say "Fred is a stalker" unless Fred has been found guilty in a criminal court of stalking. If Fred has been accused of stalking, you can say "Fred has been accused of stalking", whether he is guilty or not. Now he has to show damages. For instance, if he tries to register for a conference, and they say "You cannot come. You are a stalker." I think he can sue.

INALIJHASAWALOJS.

(I am not a lawyer I just had a stalker and watch a lot of judge shows)

codelette

Post by codelette »

It’s a T shirt. With a handwritten slogan on it.

Senility. Defined.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

ERV wrote:
acathode wrote:
decius wrote:I think that could be called harassment and maybe even defamation/libel?
Almost. 'Stalking' is a crime. You cannot say "Fred is a stalker" unless Fred has been found guilty in a criminal court of stalking. If Fred has been accused of stalking, you can say "Fred has been accused of stalking", whether he is guilty or not. Now he has to show damages. For instance, if he tries to register for a conference, and they say "You cannot come. You are a stalker." I think he can sue.

INALIJHASAWALOJS.

(I am not a lawyer I just had a stalker and watch a lot of judge shows)
Actually, I'm pretty sure that in the case of calling someone a criminal, damages are assumed. Also not a lawyer, though.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Sulaco wrote:The bolded part I found interesting. Isn't that what Fundie Christians say? If you don't accept Jesus you will never be worthy no matter how many good deeds you do. At least Christianity offered a way to salvation. What the FfTB people preach is more like the Aztec religion (we were created from stolen god's blood and we can never redeem ourselves but we must make sacrifices because humans are nothing more than dirty thieves). Amazing how many tenets of fundamentalism they have adopted, not just Christian, but any religion or authoritarian secular ideologies.
I genuinely do not know what they think. It'll probably take a bit more noodling about on the A+ forums to find the party line on the matter, and I can only go in there for a few minutes at a time. Both Brownian and 'besomyka' quote the same bit from Al, with besomyka saying: "So much wrong with that. So, so much", which isn't very informative. The only way I can make sense of it is: you're born with your 'privilege' and behaviour doesn't change it.

As for the Christians, I think it varies between denominations. Some insist Christ is the only route to salvation, others that it's deeds. Who believes what I don't know.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Ok...I may be wrong but wasn't Ophelia on SurlyAmy's side when she went all freakazoid over a t-shirt???

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Would this be the same Reap that posts here and runs the Angry Atheist podcast? Cos I'm not entirely sure it sounds like him: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... eap-paden/
A guest post by Reap Paden
October 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm Ophelia Benson

Because it’s far too good to blush unseen in the comments.

Reap Paden says

Allow me to add “FUCK YEA!” and “Fuck you” just try and do something about me and my freedom to say any damn thing I want. You loons sit here at your circle jerk and think you effect the real world? People like me who take on people face to face will be making change while you sputter amongst yourselves. Look at how much you’ve changed my behavior so far…pfft. Ophelia Benson are you needy for attention or just like to blab blab blab? No matter do not fret you will have your wish I’m happy to speak out about you to as part of the disease called A+. Poor A+ a group of idiots too dumb to know how limited their reach. You do make for great fodder I give you that much. Nothing anything any of you can or will say will harm or hurt me I am the wall you were bound to hit sooner or later. Funny thing is I am not alone we just don’t talk to hear ourselves speak, people actually listen. Now back to the banter……
Or has Ophelia been trolled by a Poe...?

codelette

Post by codelette »

ikonografer (@ikonografer) says:
October 11, 2012 at 4:51 am
ask yourself if you’d say the same thing about blacks or hispanics.

Stacy says:
October 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm
Men are not in the same position in society as blacks and hispanics.

(Ask yourself if you’d be all pissy about a similar thought experiment from the point of view of a black man dealing with whites.)
...cause blacks and hispanics are not "men".

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Ok...I may be wrong but wasn't Ophelia on SurlyAmy's side when she went all freakazoid over a t-shirt???
Oh noes! This is the very first time that Ophelia has been caught holding double standards!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Ok...I may be wrong but wasn't Ophelia on SurlyAmy's side when she went all freakazoid over a t-shirt???
Yeah. But it wasn't handwritten!

Very important difference. Not.

Butters

Post by Butters »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

You are correct. The very first post Amy made about how bad she was harassed at TAM 2012 was as a post that Ophelia hosted.
That first post did not mention any necklaces btw...you know....the ones Amy was apparently traumatized by.

Amy was only traumatized AFTER TAM when she saw a person post an image of a necklace they wore.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Tigzy wrote:Would this be the same Reap that posts here and runs the Angry Atheist podcast? Cos I'm not entirely sure it sounds like him: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... eap-paden/
Oops. My bad. Probably is. 'Pologies to Reap.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackRayner wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Check out The Orange Papers: http://www.orange-papers.org/. The short answer: Not only does Alcoholic's Anonymous's God/Not God program of learned helplessness and double think not work, but it's actually worse than doing nothing. More alcoholics get a grjip on their own. AA tends to fuck with recovery and when an AAer relapses, they do it hard.
What I remember from watching a Penn & Teller episode on the subject is that the success rate for all of these, and for people quitting on their own, is 5 percent. Seems pretty abysmal.
cunt wrote:The thing that frustrates me about anti-AA people is their inability to understand that alcoholics lie about their current alcohol intake.
I'm a little confused by this, Cunt. What did you mean by this? Are you for AA-type programs?

Actually the AA rate is less than the rate of spontaneous remission of alcoholism (ie, people wising the fuck up) so it is worse than doing nothing.

Couch

Re: A brief musical interlude from the insanity

Post by Couch »

Lapsang Souchong wrote:
decius wrote:
Couch wrote:.

Jaysus. Where's the romance?
In the gutter, where it belongs.

BWAHHAHHAHAH
I would tend to agree, it was mostly the cheap wine that led to my enthusiasm. I was well known in college for listening to music on a cheap cassette player. It was the notes that were important to me, not the equipment it was being played through. I suspect there is no small amount of woo when it comes to wine tasting and similar. I seem to recall a test involving Strads and whether anyone could tell the difference between those and modern day violins (as being superior). It didn't come out well for the Strads. I can't claim to a particularly sensitive palate or ears, but I likes what I likes.
The second from last Skeptoid podcast episode was about the Strad comparisons and, yes, they came off second best to the latest and greatest. :ugeek:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Ah, yes, Brownian. I remember when he shat all over Edwin Kagin's blog for his opinion on A+ and for Edwin's lack of moderation, and when you remind Brownian that Edwin doesn't moderate his blog because he doesn't want it to turn into an echo chamber, he says that's exactly why you moderate. Let me see if I can find it.

Ah, here it is. I'll apologise in advance for the plug:
Pitchguest (or PG) wrote:@Brownian

Oh, I’m sorry. It’s called an echochamber because only the same things are allowed to be said. However, I haven’t seen Kagin moderate anyone’s comments on here. Means it doesn’t apply. My bad. I didn’t think I would have to explain these things.
Brownian wrote:I didn’t actually think that you were that simplistic a creature.

So, what do you make of Edwin’s comment here:
And the most thoughtful of blogs, I have learned, can be trashed by morons who do not seem to even understand that which they are attempting to condemn. These commenters, with their limited vocabularies. who haunt blogs they do not appear to even vaguely comprehend can be unconsciously funny.
Because that’s exactly why bloggers moderate.
Don't stop reading just yet. It gets better.
Pitchguest wrote:Let me get this straight: Kagin’s versus echochambers where comments of dissent are moderated because it disturbs the status quo (and incidentally the lovely echo effect). I argue that you hop on back to places like Pharyngula where you won’t find comments you disagree with that makes you uncomfortable, and you argue that because Kagin said the ‘most thoughtful of blogs’ (this) can be trashed by morons (you) is exactly why bloggers moderate?

In other words, you wish for Kagin to remove dissenting comments to create an echochamber?

I guess that’s one way to ensure morons won’t trash the ‘most thoughtful of blogs’, but here’s an idea: instead of creating yet another place where dissenting opinions are not tolerated a la Pharyngula (what was that he said about NatGeo and censorship?), how about not being morons trashing the most thoughtful of blogs? How about not condemning that which you do not seem to comprehend? How about that, Brownian?
I thought this particularly delicious irony. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read Kagin's entry bashing A+ and the comments.

To the question if I know what a prescriptive and descriptive claim means in regards to moderation:
Brownian wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Yes, and what has the longstanding tradition of moderation have to do with our conversation about echochambers? I said Kagin’s blog wasn’t an echochamber and you quoted his comment about the blog being trashed by morons, and then said, “that is exactly why bloggers moderate.” Remember, in the context of echochambers. You can call me dense all you like, but it won’t do you any good if you don’t make sense.
Because, as even you note, the longstanding tradition of moderation is something that many bloggers do to prevent their ” most thoughtful of blogs, [from] being trashed by morons who do not seem to even understand that which they are attempting to condemn.

I’m not presuming to tell Kagin how to prevent this from happening to his posts. He may choose to stop blogging. He may moderate his threads. Or he may just learn to live with it.

As you asked, “how about not being morons trashing the most thoughtful of blogs”, well, if people did that then no one would need to moderate. That’s exactly why other bloggers do it.

Continue to crying “echo chamber” as if it’s some useful metric, but really, it’s just a simplistic, facile and juvenile claim.
Pitchguest wrote:Again, Kagin made the observation that morons trashed his blog for something they apparently did not even understand. He does not moderate his blog. I said I thought it was a good thing that he didn’t so it wouldn’t turn into an echochamber a la Pharyngula. You allude to the fact morons trashed his blog and implied this is exactly why bloggers moderate. You do not presume to tell Kagin how to prevent this from happening. However, Brownian, may I remind you that YOU were part of the morons that trashed his blog? Isn’t it almost parodial that you should suggest more moderation on a blog that isn’t heavily moderated, because morons trashed his blog that you were involved with thus making it necessary to heavily moderate? Is this some meta shit you’re trying out?
Brownian wrote:No, because I did not do that.
He did.
Brownian wrote:And really, can we stop with the ‘trashed his blog’ bullshit?

It’s hyperbolic whining. This guy wants to ‘blaspheme’? He’s going to deal with a lot worse than pissed of FtB commenters. I certainly hope every second post isn’t going to be him crying into his beer, for fuck’s sake.
Pfft hahahahahaha!

http://freethoughtblogs.com/kagin/2012/ ... -recently/

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brownian. Thick as horse manure, but not quite as consistent. :lol:

I have to admit, I found it bloody hilarious when someone on one of Tf00t's old FfTB posts threatened to beat him up.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tigzy wrote:Brownian. Thick as horse manure, but not quite as consistent. :lol:

I have to admit, I found it bloody hilarious when someone on one of Tf00t's old FfTB posts threatened to beat him up.
The Fat Canadian is George Foreman on the internet, George Formby in real life.

acathode

Post by acathode »

No surprise people reacted that way. I said a few posts earlier that when I found FTB the first time, during the tf00t drama, that the FTBers gave me a worse impression than the creationist "stone all homosexual" Muslims I had recently been discussion with... Brownian was the guy that really drove home that impression, he was ferociously attacking everyone and anyone, like a rabid dog frothing at his mouth, for the slightest disagreement, completely unable to even consider anyone else's argument or point. They were WRONG, should check their fucking PRIVILEGE and STFU!

First time I ever saw that kind of hate on a supposedly a/s site, and I'm fairly sure that he alone is a big reason for the FTB's soiled reputation among the "youtube atheists", since that whole affair was the first contact with FTB for quite a few.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The backchannel must be boiling up right now at FTB...
Yep, PZ's anal passage is on fire. :angry-extinguishflame:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

The Fat Canadian is George Foreman on the internet, George Formby in real life.
I used to find him moderately entertaining. He did say some witty things. But it looks as if he has bought into his own publicity and believes that people really do want to line up for ghey sex with him, and that all of his shit is golden.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The backchannel must be boiling up right now at FTB...
Yep, PZ's anal passage is on fire. :angry-extinguishflame:
Nah, can't be his anus. Sure, it's surrounded by ass hairs and shit comes out of it, but note the wire-rimmed glasses perched above it.

Common mistake.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

http://www.michaelgray.com.au/Resources ... belief.png
"More than disbelief"
I agree with the sentiment.
I can't believe it either.
A+ is BEYOND belief.
It is more than hilarious parody as well.

It is a gated community for mental cripples & social infants, who should be in full-time institutional care.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:I'm editing through The Beaver's 2012 HFA keynote speech and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THIS IS A KEYNOTE SPEECH? My God, it's an hour of Watson bitching about trolls, mean girls and how people weren't nice to her on the internet. If she was a fat no-life neck beard guy no one would listen to her, but since she's a fat pink-haired no-life Skepchick suddenly arguing on the internet has global consequences.

She complains about someone threatening to put a bullet in her head (been there, princess) and not even ten minutes in, I'm begging for a bullet in the head.

Sacha, do tell.
I mentioned that I would be attending on the original Slime Pit. Asked if there were any requests, like a note.

Of course what bothers her the most is not getting attention, so I posted that in order to get under her skin, I planned to ignore her, and we had a laugh. I'll find the links.

PZ phoned the organiser, telling him someone named "sacha" on a hate forum was planning to attend and that I planned to "cause trouble" and I was a direct threat to Becci's safety.

PZ asked that I be removed from the list and asked that the organiser call Becci to let her know she did not have to worry about her safety, and that I was no longer attending. He called Becci, who wanted to make sure I would not be permitted to attend... blah blah blah

The organiser knew me prior to this, he emailed and told me what was said, asked if they had the wrong person, and wanted my side of things.
I told him about what I posted on the Slime Pit, and the plan was to ignore her, I told him it isn't any secret that I do not like Becci and PZ, and the thread was more about PZ than anyone else. I had no interest in engaging her, I had no interest in her at all. I was attending because of the the others. I offered to give him the links to my comments that PZ was referring to, and told him that I did not want him involved, and I did not need to attend. He thought it was all a bit ridiculous, and told me he has no problem with me attending, but asked if I would use the first name Sophia instead of sacha, like it is on my facebook page (yes, sacha is my real name). I told him that no one calls me Sophia, and Becci may hear numerous people refer to me as sacha. He said he did not care, I told him I did not want to be that close to her anyway, and he told me to go as planned, so I did.
name%20badge.jpg
(27.07 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... f8bcc3.png

"no research needed" = promotion and tenure decision at certain universities

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Saint N. wrote:
Reap wrote:No one forced Al out. Trust that. Not actively anyway. You can trust Al's words if he says he wasnt forced out he wasn't. Pathetic some people need to lie and mislead to look good....totally pathetic
I trust though that he probably made an announcement about it to the other FtB bloggers on the backchannel, prior to his *real* last post being up on his blog. Ophelia using this to put the spotlight on herself by making the info public first, and then throwing in this sort of cryptic 'oh he spoke his final words here and didn't even know it hehehe' is just sad and pathetic (as you said). It's also hilarious because she's validating everything FtB critics say about them. I hope their new bloggers will be people like Marcotte and Laden, gathering all the crap in the secular blogosphere in one place is the greatest service they could do for the a/s community.
Nah, they're going to bring in some fresh new voices as bloggers: ceepolk, Grimalkin, and Cipher.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Hahahaha, Mykeru, you bastard, I was drinking!

Anyone remember Anita Sarkeesian? You know, the one who gathered over $150,000 to make 13 videos on sexism in videogames? Well, it seems she up and ran with the money. I say "seems" because I don't really know, but she's two months overdue and she blocks anyone who asks what she's doing and where the money went. A YouTuber by the name of "gamesvstropesvswomen" made a video about sexism in videogames in her stead, albeit in a more balanced approach.

So it might interest you that the zealots over at A+theism made a thread about it:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1420

Might interest you solely because the first thing the opening post does is deduce the YouTuber is an MRA.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

sacha wrote:
Mykeru wrote:I'm editing through The Beaver's 2012 HFA keynote speech and JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, THIS IS A KEYNOTE SPEECH? My God, it's an hour of Watson bitching about trolls, mean girls and how people weren't nice to her on the internet. If she was a fat no-life neck beard guy no one would listen to her, but since she's a fat pink-haired no-life Skepchick suddenly arguing on the internet has global consequences.

Sacha, do tell.
I mentioned that I would be attending on the original Slime Pit. Asked if there were any requests, like a note.

Of course what bothers her the most is not getting attention, so I posted that in order to get under her skin, I planned to ignore her, and we had a laugh. I'll find the links.

PZ phoned the organiser, telling him someone named "sacha" on a hate forum was planning to attend and that I planned to "cause trouble" and I was a direct threat to Becci's safety.

PZ asked that I be removed from the list and asked that the organiser call Becci to let her know she did not have to worry about her safety, and that I was no longer attending. He called Becci, who wanted to make sure I would not be permitted to attend... blah blah blah

The organiser knew me prior to this, he emailed and told me what was said, asked if they had the wrong person, and wanted my side of things.
I told him about what I posted on the Slime Pit, and the plan was to ignore her, I told him it isn't any secret that I do not like Becci and PZ, and the thread was more about PZ than anyone else. I had no interest in engaging her, I had no interest in her at all. I was attending because of the the others. I offered to give him the links to my comments that PZ was referring to, and told him that I did not want him involved, and I did not need to attend. He thought it was all a bit ridiculous, and told me he has no problem with me attending, but asked if I would use the first name Sophia instead of sacha, like it is on my facebook page (yes, sacha is my real name). I told him that no one calls me Sophia, and Becci may hear numerous people refer to me as sacha. He said he did not care, I told him I did not want to be that close to her anyway, and he told me to go as planned, so I did.
name%20badge.jpg
Haha, that's awesome.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BarnOwl wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... f8bcc3.png

Exactly. Faith and belief are all you need.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

@SammyBoal's account has also been suspended, as of yesterday.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Skep tickle wrote:
Saint N. wrote:
Nah, they're going to bring in some fresh new voices as bloggers: ceepolk, Grimalkin, and Cipher.
Gotta control that Freethought. Otherwise it gets out of hand.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

If Laden gets back on FtB, many lulz await. I would actually look forward to it - it would give me more than enough reason to stick the boot again.

sacha

Post by sacha »

papillon wrote:
Mykeru wrote:The problem with mockery is that as they are all POE-ready, staying ahead of the curve of their own self-parody is a pain in the ass.
You're not kidding, although I did manage to advocate deliberately triggering someone with a seashell.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... 101753.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... 101754.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... 101755.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... 55-2-1.jpg
every time I think of "overheated grocery store sleeper" I can't stop laughing
hahaha!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

After their harassment of Vacula succeeded, it has been a pretty good couple of days payback.

The continuing problems at A+, the "inside man" at A+, Al leaving FtB, Queen Bee and Rhys Morgan sticking the knife in A+, Oolon getting butthurt and scurrying back to suck PZ's cock, and Jen crying like a baby - not because of the criticism of her by the likes of us, but because her baby A+ is sinking fast.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

BarnOwl wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... f8bcc3.png

Well if it isn't the slimy turd.

What's funny about ooblong's whining about the "ignore/foe" feature, is that I bet not that many of you even used it. I personally just scrolled right past.