Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:oolon said
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption.

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who
Did anyone else read the post oolon linked?

Not only does it fail to make the point he suggests, it makes the opposite point. We have a UK feminist saying that cunt shouldnt be seen as taboo!

By the way, nice try at shifting the goalposts. I'm not saying that NOBODY in the UK thinks like that - there's bound to be some as it seems to be an idea that many radical feminists hold (as opposed to mainstream UK feminists - like the one in your link)

Can't we get a better troll?
Yes Dick, I read the link Oolon posted but because it was so utterly full of shit(a single feminist blogpost proves that cunt is a misogynistic term in the UK regardless of the other 64,000,009 people who claim otherwise?) I perceived it as blatant trolling and am now refusing to bite on any of his bait.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

@Tfoot. Welcome! Banned of Matt huh? You probably sparked his guilty conscience. All the shit he slung at you is going to come back and bite him on the arse.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

real horrorshow wrote:It's an interesting article. Worth a look.
Most of their articles are quite interesting. Typhon Blue, who writes there also has a YouTube channel. Here's a recent video by her, although it's on JohnTheOther's channel instead of her own:

[youtube]doqXTCa3AZo[/youtube]

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

decius wrote:*Thrust, not trust.

RAPE! RAPE! HELP!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

decius wrote:Take notice, everyone.
Phil, not ignoring you as I find this board a bit difficult to navigate - hard to find where I was previously and the number of people making comments on my points make it difficult to reply (Is that called a dogpile? Seems quite similar to when I disagree on FtBs).
More disingenuous self-exculpatory tripe similar to "I forgot my password" or "I'm unable to set up a second account".

The format of these boards lends itself to easy consultation and makes it very hard to miss the point and what each individual poster has said at any given time.

From experience, I started here by taking a 'contrarian' position that sent me on a collision course with several of the more eloquent and verbose (in the good sense of the word) denizens of the Pit. I had no difficulty whatsoever to follow, acknowledge and debate most if not all of their points and they all used the same courtesy to me. Although there was quite the barrage of posts coming my way, the difference was in the mutual commitment to progressing the conversation, rather than dishonestly stalling it.
Many others have managed to do the same, only poor poor Baboolon can't.
He's probably having extra difficulty following along due to not being signed in. If signed in, a person can have the forum take them to exactly where the new comments start in the thread. I explain how to navigate the forum here: http://scentednectar.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -fine.html

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tfoot wrote:So why didnt I go for Amy? Well people get tired of constantly fighting muppets who use the DMCA for censorship. Its the most common complaint I get is that I spend too much time on this sort of thing. Amy got lucky!
However the fact that she threatened to sue someone for 100 000 dollars simply for using one of her images which would amply fall under the fair use defense has put her in the same camp as a lot of creationists jerks who use it to stifle debate.

In fact, lets go thru the checklist of A+theism and creationism
1) used dmca to stifle open debate: CHECK (nice one Amy)
2) blocks or bans people for mild disagreement (CHECK, nice one Matt D and FTB and A+theism forum)
3) turns off comments and ratings (CHECK, see PZ video about throwing me out from FTB)

FYI on that last one, I had long predicted that PZ would delete the comments as soon as he found out what people were saying about him, so I copied the last 500 comments. LMAO, this like playin chess with VFX again....not too bright and soooo predictable!
I think the non-youtubing bloggers have only just discovered the dmca as a way to silence others. They have no idea what fair use is, and obviously no idea at all that you have fought some well known (on yt anyways) dmca's. Venomfangx was hilarious when having to apologize on camera as part of the settlement in your favour after the shit he caused with his false dmca's. Would I ever love to see Amy have to do the same sort of thing. :lol:

[youtube]T_MYyc-PtH4[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Oolon you cunt, you have shown quite clearly by your avoidance of my woostion that you are in fact a woostain.

Amswer the fucking question are you or are you not a gayfish

decius

Post by decius »

bhoytony wrote:
decius wrote:*Thrust, not trust.

RAPE! RAPE! HELP!
A rape joke! Where's my pitchfork?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Michael K Gray wrote: Were I Oolon, I'd be jumping with joy that that you had been taking the fetid bait for so long, despite other fish warning you about the trol-nets.
Or maybe it's the other way round, MKG. Personally, I'm finding that Oolon, despite his contrary attitude, is really getting into the spirit of things here - posting a lot, and putting plenty into those posts. In fact, I reckon he's coming to enjoy his frequent forays here - hell, earlier he said he visited to escape his in-laws, which counts for something, I reckon. Personally, I'd go so far as to consider Oolon a right proper bona-fide Slymepitter.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote:
Or maybe it's the other way round, MKG. Personally, I'm finding that Oolon, despite his contrary attitude, is really getting into the spirit of things here - posting a lot, and putting plenty into those posts. In fact, I reckon he's coming to enjoy his frequent forays here - hell, earlier he said he visited to escape his in-laws, which counts for something, I reckon. Personally, I'd go so far as to consider Oolon a right proper bona-fide Slymepitter.
Nice try, but too obvious.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Noel plum is a racist cunt, i knew there was something wrong with the blonde hair in that video. And yes the hair is wrong, but he associates with a white supremacist group. Bastard goes to sports events and everything with them. I knew it when i spotted the tell tale badge on his shirt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Headhunters

Noel needs to be reported to youtube, his agenda in posting is now clear. He a fucking deep cover nazi. Bet he didnt even realise that we'd spot the giveaway chelsea badge on his shirt.

I cant believe im about to do this: but just incase there are any Aplus ftb morons reading this who later suggest that plum is in fact a racist as proven through this post. This you intellectual retards it is what is known amongst non fucktards as a pisstake.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Za-zen wrote:Noel plum is a racist cunt, i knew there was something wrong with the blonde hair in that video. And yes the hair is wrong, but he associates with a white supremacist group. Bastard goes to sports events and everything with them. I knew it when i spotted the tell tale badge on his shirt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Headhunters

Noel needs to be reported to youtube, his agenda in posting is now clear. He a fucking deep cover nazi. Bet he didnt even realise that we'd spot the giveaway chelsea badge on his shirt.

I cant believe im about to do this: but just incase there are any Aplus ftb morons reading this who later suggest that plum is in fact a racist as proven through this post. This you intellectual retards it is what is known amongst non fucktards as a pisstake.
Pffff....As if that disclaimer will stop anything.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Za-zen wrote:Noel plum is a racist cunt, i knew there was something wrong with the blonde hair in that video. And yes the hair is wrong, but he associates with a white supremacist group. Bastard goes to sports events and everything with them. I knew it when i spotted the tell tale badge on his shirt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Headhunters

Blech! I've come across some of those Chelsea Headhunters living as expats and had some dealings with them. A more horrible, moronic and most of all cowardly bunch of skidmarks I have yet to meet.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Bhoy, you celtic twat, how bout i scottish kiss the fuck hole on your face after my team rape yours.

Somebody role in the couches for all the yanks that are about to swoon.

Johann the Cabbie

Post by Johann the Cabbie »

Let's see of I can post a photo...
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1349536699443.jpg
(19.89 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Thimbledoo has clearly not got his skeptic hat on in his latest round of dribblings:
Especially when pattern recognition dictates that the overwhelming majority of the time that an argument is framed the way you framed it, it actually is a troll.
Has he never heard of pareidolia?

What a dummy.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Za-zen wrote:Bhoy, you celtic twat, how bout i scottish kiss the fuck hole on your face after my team rape yours.

Somebody role in the couches for all the yanks that are about to swoon.
Scottish kiss? Please learn the correct terminology or I may have to pit the heid on you.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Malky

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Johann the Cabbie wrote:Let's see of I can post a photo...
And you lot say that the A+ers lack self-awareness.......

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Za-zen wrote:Malky
You're not from Dundee are you?

Set phasers tae malky

[youtube]KoBk8bxU1rs[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

bhoytony wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Malky
You're not from Dundee are you?

Set phasers tae malky

[youtube]KoBk8bxU1rs[/youtube]

That is fuckin golden. Im norn iron.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

For some unknown reason I seem to be remembering that episode of 'The Simpsons' when Homer bankrupt the 'All-You-Can-Eat' restaurant.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

[youtube]GORgx5ODkn8[/youtube]

If you don't get this, you need a passport.

Johann the Cabbie

Post by Johann the Cabbie »

Scented Nectar wrote: I think the non-youtubing bloggers have only just discovered the dmca as a way to silence others. They have no idea what fair use is, and obviously no idea at all that you have fought some well known (on yt anyways) dmca's. Venomfangx was hilarious when having to apologize on camera as part of the settlement in your favour after the shit he caused with his false dmca's. Would I ever love to see Amy have to do the same sort of thing. :lol:

[youtube]T_MYyc-PtH4[/youtube]
Not much of a YT follower, so I missed all of this. That video is hilarious, and one that Amy and her ilk should pay attention to.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:Personally, I'd go so far as to consider Oolon a right proper bona-fide Slymepitter.
You cunt: you've probably got him banned from FfTB for life with that comment...

decius

Post by decius »

I'm out of here, A+ forum is way more entertaining than you lot.

Here are a couple of random pearls. There's a poster called Equality+. Take a second to appreciate the implicit idiocy.
Then, from the official Dillahunty ban edict:
By comparison, I have "seniority", having moderated for three weeks here.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Johann the Cabbie wrote:Not much of a YT follower, so I missed all of this. That video is hilarious, and one that Amy and her ilk should pay attention to.
I don't think she'll find it as funny as we do though. :lol:

Spence

Post by Spence »

Scented Nectar wrote:I think the non-youtubing bloggers have only just discovered the dmca as a way to silence others. They have no idea what fair use is, and obviously no idea at all that you have fought some well known (on yt anyways) dmca's. Venomfangx was hilarious when having to apologize on camera as part of the settlement in your favour after the shit he caused with his false dmca's. Would I ever love to see Amy have to do the same sort of thing. :lol:
I remember when that was kicking off (as I had only just watched the "why do people laugh at creationists" series shortly beforehand). I was kind of convinced that the apology video would not see the light of day, but clearly tf00t made sure it happened, but the fact that venomfangx went through with it shows some integrity on his part as well.

I would bet dollars to donuts (or pounds to peanuts for the UK side) that Amy would not have the integrity to make such an apology. And if my side of the bet is right, that would mean Amy has LESS integrity than PCS.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

masakari2012 wrote:...And why would we not welcome Skep tickle with open arms? At least Skep tickle can see through the dogma of A+/FTB. In the event that Matt reads this..... remember, Skep tickle did bring up reasonable objections without being offensive, and was met with "snarky" comments, then banned.
Thank you. And I'd also like to thank oolon for linking, in the replies to "Matt I really think you owe them an apology" at Lousy Canuck, to my first post here, which could help anyone interested in looking behind the A+ facade.

My reply in the "Matt...apology" thread was apparently tossed into the garbage, as it went to moderation* after I submitted it 7 hrs ago but no longer shows up for me as being in moderation. (Of course, it's always possible that it was set aside carefully into storage, to be re-posted in a more appropriate place once I contacted mods to request that. Ha.) Anticipating this could happen, I saved a copy, and will take the liberty of posting it here. (*I registered as a new member under a different "skep..." name, since the account name I thought I'd used for my one prior post at FtB wasn't recognized - possibly banned??? not sure, it was actually my real name - and it wouldn't accept "skep tickle" for some reason)

Interested readers may wish to note that this comment was censored at FtB from appearing in response to this claim by Lousy Canuck about Matt Dillahunty's actions:
...your, frankly, rather offensive behaviour in advocating for someone who’d been banned, with the same sternness they’d come to expect from their community leaders. By a number of accounts, this person was banned perfectly reasonably — I know you’ve explained here that you feel it was less than merited, that the person was just overly snarky, but the people running the forum disagree.
Here's my reply, as I posted it 8 hrs ago (with 2 small typos corrected but no other changes):
Whether or not Skep tickle ‘was there only to resist the “Kool-Aid”…' without “contributing directly to the health of the discussion–the purpose of the forum–itself” is one of those assessments that depends hugely on the lens you wear. My perspective is that of Skep tickle, as I am she.

Skep tickle’s 15 or so posts before the “overly snarky” last one (about litmus tests and examining the Kool-Aid before drinking it) included some probing in discussions about the forum whether the actuality of Atheism+ matched the ideal or goal in the eyes of the members & mods, because there seems to at least some observers and new members to be a significant discrepancy. (Likely another one of those assessments influenced by one’s lens.)

Skep tickle questioned whether it would really be permitted in the “safe space” of the Atheism+ forum to say that [one group of people] was inherently inferior to [another group of people], as seemed to be suggested (by a couple of non-mods) in one of the discussions about moderation; one person finally said he/she didn’t think it would be okay but as a non-mod his/her opinion didn’t matter. No mod weighed in on that question, that I saw.

Skep tickle questioned whether the Welcome! page at the entrance to the Atheism+ forum might in fact be giving visitors who might then sign on new members the wrong impression, and therefore contributing (inadvertently) to the “troll problem”, because of its description of the forum as a space (emphasis added) “for people…to apply skepticism and critical thinking to everything, including social issues, like sexism, racism, GLBT issues…”. Yet the application of skepticism to many topics is clearly not (currently, or recently) welcomed at the forum about “everything”, especially (again, at least through some lenses) not about “social issues”.

Skep tickle asked what “safe space” was intended to mean, since participants seem to have different expectations and the “troll problem” seems to be largely seen as one of aggressors challenging the safe space. If the group is not clear on what a “safe space” is, how can such a space be created and maintained? Who is it to be safe for? For what purpose, from what challenge or harm, in order to do what? Skep tickle suggested restricting access to all or part of the forum, so that those who had passed some type of review (including potentially being recommended by trusted members) could have a space safe from voyeurs and trolls; that would take more mod effort up front, but presumably much less effort downstream in policing behavior and weeding out the troublemakers.

Skep tickle also went poking around the internet, including in the Slymepit, to see what evidence she could find to support the claims against Justin Vacula. She missed the SPLC page critiquing AVfM, but (as she said in that thread), that didn’t really matter because in fact he didn’t “write for” AVfM; they posted (for him) a post he wrote for his own blog, when he couldn’t air it on his own site because of the DMCA claim. (It’s up on his own blog, now.) Skep tickle indicated in that thread that she would welcome any links to evidence to support the claims about him favoring harassment, etc, etc; as of this time, none have been posted.

Skep tickle is an admin at another atheist site, IRL the director of a women’s clinic, and a scientist by training, so has had some reason to think about behavior and expectations online and IRL, creating and maintaining safe spaces (for women seeking health care, at least), hiring, and skeptically evaluating claims.

Whether or not there’s any chance of that overlapping with “contributing directly to the health of the discussion–the purpose of the forum–itself” may depend on what lens one looks through.
It now occurs to me that I could link to some of those posts. Seems like an effort. Let me know if anyone wants that.

I'd forgotten to add, above, that Skep tickle had asked, in the "what's a safe space" question (which didn't stimulate any discussion, in one of the forum moderation threads at A+) what the behavioral expectations really were, since the main 2 rules are <i>said<i> to be "Don't be an ass" (changed from "Don't be a dick" after someone who is treated like a burr under the saddle pointed out "DBAD" was a gender-based slur, which the same post introducing the rules said was to be avoided) and "Be nice". However, there are clearly well-established, internally-valued members whose posts would be interpreted by most people as violating those rules. (Cipher is top of that list.)

What I took away is that those are the facade-rules. The <i>real</i> rules are:
- Agree with us
- Back down immediately if we tell you to

And on another topic: love the new vocabulary suggestions!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Spence wrote:I was kind of convinced that the apology video would not see the light of day, but clearly tf00t made sure it happened, but the fact that venomfangx went through with it shows some integrity on his part as well.
I don't think he had any choice. Making false claims is a criminal offense as far as I can recall.

Git

Post by Git »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Johann the Cabbie wrote:Not much of a YT follower, so I missed all of this. That video is hilarious, and one that Amy and her ilk should pay attention to.
I don't think she'll find it as funny as we do though. :lol:
I doubt Roth et al could ever find anything funny, what with those rods stuck firmly up their arses....pub bores the lot of them.

Oh, ex-NornIron gobshite here too, Za-zen...I've lived in Engerland for 15-odd years now though.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I'm in Brooklyn right now, sitting outside a coffee shop, and about 15 metres away some large woman (22-25st?) has just started to lay into a small man (~10st or less) for no reason I can see. Completely bizarre! I can hear the police coming (we're right by the main Brooklyn NYPD building, and all the courts, etc.). Truly surreal.

Git

Post by Git »

I swear, I am not making this up:

"I'm leaving this forum because of Matt Dillahunty... The truth is, I'm crying as I write this..." http://t.co/wMeajCXF (trigger warning: link to A+ forum)

What, are these people all eight or something?
-

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Git wrote:I swear, I am not making this up:

"I'm leaving this forum because of Matt Dillahunty... The truth is, I'm crying as I write this..." http://t.co/wMeajCXF (trigger warning: link to A+ forum)

-
Christ on a Crutch! Anyone here registered at A+Theism want to go and invite the victim to become a Pitter?

mikelf

Re: Oh Amy!

Post by mikelf »

Dilurk wrote: I'm very tempted to suggest the Streisland effect be used to publish her damn address all over the forking Internet. If this information is correct you live in an apartment building with some security at the front door unlike me who owns a house.
If that information is correct, she lives in an apartment complex where the rents varies between $2000 and $3000 a month. For the innumerate, that works out to approximately $24,000 to $36,000 a year.

If you look at Table 701 in the linked file you will see that the median income of her country mates in 2009 was $32,184. Granted, LA is an expensive place to live. But to pay a level of rent that approaches what the median American worker grosses for a year is more than a little privileged.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Spence wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:I think the non-youtubing bloggers have only just discovered the dmca as a way to silence others. They have no idea what fair use is, and obviously no idea at all that you have fought some well known (on yt anyways) dmca's. Venomfangx was hilarious when having to apologize on camera as part of the settlement in your favour after the shit he caused with his false dmca's. Would I ever love to see Amy have to do the same sort of thing. :lol:
I remember when that was kicking off (as I had only just watched the "why do people laugh at creationists" series shortly beforehand). I was kind of convinced that the apology video would not see the light of day, but clearly tf00t made sure it happened, but the fact that venomfangx went through with it shows some integrity on his part as well.

I would bet dollars to donuts (or pounds to peanuts for the UK side) that Amy would not have the integrity to make such an apology. And if my side of the bet is right, that would mean Amy has LESS integrity than PCS.
Is PCS Venomfangx's name? Or does it stand for creationists or something? I'm bad with acronyms sometimes. But yeah, Amy and those of similar ilk would never acknowledge doing wrong and then in a serious manner, apologize. I believe that Venomfangx also agreed to stay off of youtube for a year (or was it 2 yrs?). :)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:I'm in Brooklyn right now, sitting outside a coffee shop, and about 15 metres away some large woman (22-25st?) has just started to lay into a small man (~10st or less) for no reason I can see. Completely bizarre! I can hear the police coming (we're right by the main Brooklyn NYPD building, and all the courts, etc.). Truly surreal.
Maybe he called her a fat cunt?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

-
This is a bandwagon and it will be jumped upon. I bet you this turns into the "I am more offended by this that you are" Olympics.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Spence wrote:

Is PCS Venomfangx's name? Or does it stand for creationists or something? I'm bad with acronyms sometimes. But yeah, Amy and those of similar ilk would never acknowledge doing wrong and then in a serious manner, apologize. I believe that Venomfangx also agreed to stay off of youtube for a year (or was it 2 yrs?). :)
Posterboy for Creationist Stupidity: it's Thunderf00t's moniker for him.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Spence wrote:

IIRC It's Posterboy for Creationist Stupidity

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:I'm in Brooklyn right now, sitting outside a coffee shop, and about 15 metres away some large woman (22-25st?) has just started to lay into a small man (~10st or less) for no reason I can see. Completely bizarre! I can hear the police coming (we're right by the main Brooklyn NYPD building, and all the courts, etc.). Truly surreal.
can the truth be justifiable grounds for a good shoeing?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
can the truth be justifiable grounds for a good shoeing?
OK then. Maybe she's a fat cunt who reads Skepchick?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

It's nice to see she has some self-knowledge and isn't 100% deluded.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

-
I noted this part:
I have been silent on this issue in public, but I have spent a good chunk of my waking hours in that 48 hour span in private communications with the moderators and various forum goers.
Well, I don't know about all you other cunts, but I spent a good chunk of my waking hours in that 48 hour span....AT MY FUCKING JOB!

I know I shouldn't generalize, but is there anyone over there that isn't Laura Wingfield?

Git

Post by Git »

This:

http://bitchspot.jadedragononline.com/2 ... oes-wrong/
Unfortunately, the Atheism+ crowd not only does poorly with threat assessment, they suck at threat identification. To them, everything is a threat. They see the world through fear-colored glasses. Threaten them? Criticize them? Disagree with them? Question them? It’s all hate! The worst part is that many of the people who are most vocal, who are most putting themselves at risk of being criticized are the ones who are most unable to handle it. They are, as I’ve heard it described “delicate little flowers” who cannot imagine anyone would ever disagree with them. They over-react to the smallest things, from guys asking them out for coffee to people wearing t-shirts they don’t like and when they have a hissy-fit over what normal people would find absurdly minor and beneath notice and if people don’t immediately back up the support wagon to carry them around in, they scream abuse and insult and hate.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

mikelf wrote: I know I shouldn't generalize, but is there anyone over there that isn't Laura Wingfield?
Who's LW?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

-
Oh. My. Fucking. God. They are fucking radio rental over there. I'll post my favourite bit, but you need to play this backing music while you read it.

[youtube]C6ZDsUGiGqM[/youtube]
When I first came here, I said that part of me thought that "[t]his will only end badly." And, not even a month later, it already has. The truth is, I'm crying as I write this. Maybe some of you will think that's silly or over dramatic. But online interactions are just as meaningful and important as offline interactions, and they have the same potential to bring joy... and pain.

So I'm doing the only thing that I can do. I'm picking up the pieces and retreating, away from forums and blogs and movements. Will I ever be back? I don't know. I'm not going to say "never" because none of us know what the future holds. But I think it's going to be a long time before I feel strong enough to put myself out there again, for any reason.

tekanji

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
mikelf wrote: I know I shouldn't generalize, but is there anyone over there that isn't Laura Wingfield?
Who's LW?
NM: just googled it...

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Lsuoma wrote:
Who's LW?
How did you get into my beautiful nation without being familiar with our literary canon?

Here you go.

Git

Post by Git »

Ah Bhoytony you fucking tim, you win an internet for that.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Hey TFoot. Did you ever get paid from the FTB morons?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I just realized - didn't Matt say at one time that the ACA was with the A+ "movement", or that they agreed with them - something to that effect? That's one reason I have had nothing to do with the ACA - even not bothering to listen to the podcast. Assuming I'm correct, and maybe someone remembers better than I, how the hell can he say he's not wearing his "president of the ACA" hat to TF00t?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Git wrote:Ah Bhoytony you fucking tim, you win an internet for that.
Not only am I a fucking tim, but I'm a tim who has just sat and watched bottom of Div 3 Stirling beat a newly formed team who were boo'd off the pitch as they again failed to win their first away game. Life is good, bring on Barca.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Git wrote:This:

http://bitchspot.jadedragononline.com/2 ... oes-wrong/
Unfortunately, the Atheism+ crowd not only does poorly with threat assessment, they suck at threat identification. To them, everything is a threat. They see the world through fear-colored glasses. Threaten them? Criticize them? Disagree with them? Question them? It’s all hate! The worst part is that many of the people who are most vocal, who are most putting themselves at risk of being criticized are the ones who are most unable to handle it. They are, as I’ve heard it described “delicate little flowers” who cannot imagine anyone would ever disagree with them. They over-react to the smallest things, from guys asking them out for coffee to people wearing t-shirts they don’t like and when they have a hissy-fit over what normal people would find absurdly minor and beneath notice and if people don’t immediately back up the support wagon to carry them around in, they scream abuse and insult and hate.
Yep. This.

Git

Post by Git »

bhoytony wrote:
Git wrote:Ah Bhoytony you fucking tim, you win an internet for that.
Not only am I a fucking tim, but I'm a tim who has just sat and watched bottom of Div 3 Stirling beat a newly formed team who were boo'd off the pitch as they again failed to win their first away game. Life is good, bring on Barca.
Ahahahaha! giggles Sevco Disunited never fail to disappoint.

Pretty sure I'm meant to be a hun, but I really couldn't give a shit either way. Not living in a sectarian cesspit does that to you.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Who's LW?
NM: just googled it...
FWIW, the 1987 movie of "The Glass Menagerie," starring John Malkovich, is one of my favorites. It seems to find that one tiny shred of sentimentality at the bottom of cynical soul. If you have a couple hours to kill, it is actually on youtube.

I particularly love the closing solliloquoy. Even though it rests on the story that precedes it, you can view it by fast forwarding to 20:00 on the final part.

[youtube]N0w8bH2okoE[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

tekanji wrote:When I first came here, I said that part of me thought that "[t]his will only end badly." And, not even a month later, it already has. The truth is, I'm crying as I write this. Maybe some of you will think that's silly or over dramatic. But online interactions are just as meaningful and important as offline interactions, and they have the same potential to bring joy... and pain.

So I'm doing the only thing that I can do. I'm picking up the pieces and retreating, away from forums and blogs and movements. Will I ever be back? I don't know. I'm not going to say "never" because none of us know what the future holds. But I think it's going to be a long time before I feel strong enough to put myself out there again, for any reason.
Oh, the tears. The heartbreak. The utter tragedy of it all. I was so emotionally devastated by tekanji's tale of woe and despair that I don't have the strength to search Google Images for pictures of fainting couches. I sincerely hope this person never has to go through anything that would classify as an actual problem, because I would just feel compelled to organize a Jerry Lewis-style telethon for him/her.

Jen McCreight has done a wonderful job rounding up all the helpless, hysterical, emotionally unstable wrecks in the atheist and skeptic communities and penning them up in her blog. We should be thanking her.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

"penning them up in her A+ forum", I meant to say.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Spence wrote:that would mean Amy has LESS integrity than PCS.
Is PCS Venomfangx's name? Or does it stand for creationists or something? I'm bad with acronyms sometimes.
Yeah, my bad, I was throwing out references for the in-group clique. Not very slymepit of me, but I couldn't resist :whistle:

[youtube]TIVRIyBGkhU[/youtube]

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Git wrote: Ahahahaha! giggles Sevco Disunited never fail to disappoint.

Pretty sure I'm meant to be a hun, but I really couldn't give a shit either way. Not living in a sectarian cesspit does that to you.
It's just a game of footy to me. I'm a Tim, but I don't give a fuck about all that Pope's eleven shite.