Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
bhoytony

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Damn, really sorry, I'm pissy again today (fucking mood swingsm!)

Phil, get off the rag and kiss my ass

Dick Strawkins

Re: Jesus and MO

Post by Dick Strawkins »

bhoytony wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
The rumor that the barmaid is based on Ophelia Benson is not recent.
I certainly heard it at least two years ago.
Of course it seems wierd now - especially after her swallowing the blue pill and going all cult-like with her new BFF in FTB/Skepchicks - but a few years back she was one of the best known female atheists and was actually doing a lot of decent online stuff against the excesses of fundamentalistic religion (before she, Steff and Jen founded their own!)
I've seen her stuff for years and I've never been particularly impressed. One thing I do remember from a few years ago during the Great RD.Net forum wars was her snotty, superior posts on Dawkins site seeming to think she had the authority to order people how to behave. To be honest I'm not sure how she ever got to be so prominent, what exactly does she do? She's completely pissed off her co-writer and I don't see any more books coming out.
She's always had this thing about 'gendered' language but that didn't particularly affect a lot of her stuff about religion - at least not until the last year when she got completely obsessed about it.
And yes, she has pissed off Jeremy Stangroom, her previous co-author - AND Julian Baggini, her previous co-author.
In fact she seems to have had a falling out with everyone she's ever written with - she used to be an editor of Philosophy Today and now can't even post on their comment section as they've banned her!

It's hard to believe now but her prominence in the atheist movement came about due to her strong stances against censorship and identity politics!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

decius wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
And again I'll have to disagree (what's wrong with me today?). What fucking "damage" could it do? No more than Mabus and his rants at worst. I've said before that I would really like to have one or more FTBers post here in earnest. We have one (well, not exactly in earnest, but that's all we have for now), let's try and engage.

Of course, disclaimer for FTB onlookers: this comment is my opinion, and mine alone.
Your disagreement is most welcome.

The damage would be along the lines of what I briefly outlined earlier - onlookers' boredom, waste of time and resources, distraction from more fruitful baboon watch, pages and pages of pseudo-conversation without any hope of it progressing further.
In other words, being played by a troll.
Or onlookers could just skip any post by/in respont to Oolon. It's very easy to do, I sometimes do it myself. For example, I was not interested in a few sideshow conversations going on here between regulars. I just skipped them.

Oolon can do no damage by just being a tedious troll. This is quite a contemporary talk, as Matt was accused of doing great damage to the A+ community. Sorry, I'm not playing that game.

Ok, I probably need to get some fresh air, I'm more annoyed than usual. Might be the weather.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Saint N. wrote: First you'd have to explain to me why 1) would not be an option, especially in a unmoderated forum, given that in my original reply to you I say, "the first [statement] is a personal choice whose restricts bar on no one else but the person who has self-selected to uphold it." There is no actual requirement on here for you or anyone else to use/not use any epithets whatsoever. But you can't externalize your personal discomfort onto others without expecting to get objections from people who have a different take (it's not rational to demand for others to just take offense on your behalf if they are not offended). As to why some people feel more comfortable with one epithet over another, different people have different reasons, and I refuse to generalize on something that has no one answer. I can only speak for myself, as I did when I told you,
Why do you assume I'm offended by the use of words on here? I'm mainly talking about the offence of others... For myself I saw the homophobic comment I mentioned (Faggy Josh) and it was the first time I had a real reaction to a phrase on here. Not that rational a reaction - a disgust reaction. Then having read some articles including the one Steersman linked to about how sexist and misogynistic language is more accepted than homophobic or racist language I had to ask myself why am I offended/disgusted by f*ggot or n*gger used in the context to diminish a gay or black person and not so much by c*nt, tw*t, bitch etc. when used to diminish a woman?

Having seen the lack of racist and to a lesser degree homophobic language used to diminish your opponents here while misogynistic language is fine I wonder the same of the pitters.

I have no right to be offended by f*ggot or n*gger when used in the context that makes them *bad*, they don't apply to me. I will be disgusted by the mentality as using gay slurs is homophobic and many here, like me, are disgusted by homophobia (It is not a rational-sceptical mentality). same for racism and racist slurs, same for misogyny and misogynistic slurs... Well maybe just went one too far to include everyone on here.
Saint N. wrote: I don't actually censor by diction on account of not wanting to offend people. If there are words (whether casual niceties or profanities) I don't use it's more because they're not part of my everyday vocabulary rather than that I see them as 'bad'. (by not being part of my everyday vocabulary I mean that I would have to make a conscious effort to remind myself to use them just to make a point of using them, which would be a silly exercise IMO). But I don't police other people's word choice, nor do I jump to conclusion about their character based on the words they use.
So you are talking to your neighbour out front, they say '... that fucking n*gger down the road let his dog shit on my grass, what a c*nt..". You blithely ignore the word-choice? What a wonderfully picture perfect rational-sceptical world you live in. Maybe you need to perform psychometric tests and poll the neighbourhood before deciding that person is a racist. Me, I'm just a non-rational-sceptic judgemental arsehole like all the FtB'ers, obviously.

You know a group will be offended by the language used to describe them because it is especially used to diminish and demean them and you carry on using it then you have every expectation to be considered a racist, homophobe or misogynist.
Saint N. wrote: Unlike at FtB, there is still no rule here forbidding any of these words either explicitly or implicitly, evident by the fact that we've said them now several times with no repercussions whatsoever.

they have a whole list of verboten words that if used by a person, in any situation, defines them as irredeemable immoral scumbags. Pointing out the humor when they fail to live up to the standard they demand of everyone else is not a bias, when our only standard is that censorship (y'know, the kind that's imposed on others) is antithetical to freethought.
Bullshit... The straw is poking a country mile out of your description of FtBs here. Count how many N-words and how much PG and John D get to demonstrate 'free thought' on this thread.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... ew-nigger/
... But of course they were banned and had their posts edited to make them look stupid? Or they are deemed irredeemable immoral scumbags .. Quite how you gauge irredeemable I don't know. Someone saying 'you are an immoral scumbag' apparently implies they will remain this way for eternity. I'd bet you even the most brass-necked Pharyngulite will concede there is a chance 'franc hoggle' even could be 'redeemed', it may be considered extremely unlikely but anyone that is less than a 7 on the Dawkins atheist scale accepts possibility is almost endless.
Saint N. wrote: tl;dr Oolon your conflation of personal word choice and imposed censorship (by which if you fail to censor along the lines of the approved narrative you're dismissed as an immoral and indecent person by definition) is wrongheaded at best, and disingenuous at worst.
Hopefully I've clarified that I am not considering anyone immoral and indecent to their core by using certain slurs at all. I am saying that using slurs in a certain context then yes you will have every expectation to be considered a bigot and I think most here will agree with two out of the three below.
1. Say a black person is a n*gger in a context where that person is being disparaged then racism is a reasonable assumption
2. Say a gay person is a f*ggot in a context where that person is being disparaged then homophobia is a reasonable assumption
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption

Strangely the majority of rational-sceptic-atheists will agree with all of the above. They will also agree on Humanist principles that there is scope for change. Regardless of how often you have infringed any of the above 'rules'... To imply otherwise is wrongheaded at best, and disingenuous at worst.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

aweraw wrote:Precisely... and as soon as he realized the outcome wasn't going to be the one he was aiming for, he immediately halted the experiment by revealing himself. I expect someone from the axis of half-truths at some point in the near future to claim that the "results" of Dillhunty's "experiment" are inconclusive, just to spin it away from what they surely was the inevitable outcome if it were carried through to completion. I reckon Matt must know he got all the information he needed to draw a conclusion, but then tried to offer a chance for them to give him the result he was chasing by dropping the pretense of anonymity.
I suspect many people are going to try and repeat the "experiment" with better controls, now.

And prepare themselves with screenshotting tools.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

bhoytony wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
The rumor that the barmaid is based on Ophelia Benson is not recent.
I certainly heard it at least two years ago.
Of course it seems wierd now - especially after her swallowing the blue pill and going all cult-like with her new BFF in FTB/Skepchicks - but a few years back she was one of the best known female atheists and was actually doing a lot of decent online stuff against the excesses of fundamentalistic religion (before she, Steff and Jen founded their own!)
I've seen her stuff for years and I've never been particularly impressed. One thing I do remember from a few years ago during the Great RD.Net forum wars was her snotty, superior posts on Dawkins site seeming to think she had the authority to order people how to behave. To be honest I'm not sure how she ever got to be so prominent, what exactly does she do? She's completely pissed off her co-writer and I don't see any more books coming out.
OB managed to 'convincingly' ape professional philosophers who, for some bizarre reason, accrue caché (amongst non-scientists) by mere dint of possessing their PhDs.
That is the reason.
OB has never gained prominence amongst the scientifically literate; in fact: the reverse!
Those who chronically fawned over her vapid outpourings are of the "post-modern" class, vis:- those who have been educated far beyond their ability to reason.
Benson falls into this pigeon-hole. Yes, I know that OB has not been educated beyond 4th grade. My point stands.
As much as I despise the pointless adventure that is "philosophy", it at least requires a modicum of understanding of basic logic to pursue meaningfully.
Yet, repeatedly, Benson has demonstrated that she lacks the basic intellectual mechanics by which to even understand boolean logic.
Without that, philosophy is utterly meaningless, even if taken as a mere hobby.

It is akin to stamp-collecting, but without knowing what a "stamp" is.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Dick Strawkins wrote:It's hard to believe now but her prominence in the atheist movement came about due to her strong stances against censorship and identity politics!
It's close to impossible to believe.

Exactly when was her turn around? Was there a critical point? I know Johann documented some moments in Dillahunty's turnaround (though can't remember the link) and there's a lot about his relationship with a radfem which probably explains why he's A+happy.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And I will engage here whoever I feel like.
That's "whoMever¹", Mr. Gordian'sknot!
(Lucky I am at Phil's antipodes!)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

1. Say a black person is a n*gger in a context where that person is being disparaged then racism is a reasonable assumption
2. Say a gay person is a f*ggot in a context where that person is being disparaged then homophobia is a reasonable assumption
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption
Utter bulshit.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And I will engage here whoever I feel like.
That's "whoMever¹", Mr. Gordian'sknot!
(Lucky I am at Phil's antipodes!)

Thanks for the correction. I'll keep it in mind.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Saint N. wrote:
I’m so glad Greta Christina has poured herself into the movement
"Poured herself in." Doesn't that have wonderful connotations of an attack by something gelatinous?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8321/8059 ... ed113d.jpg
disumbrationist wrote:No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
I propose the general adoption of this well crafted and descriptive epithet.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Utter bulshit.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ostume.jpg

decius

Re: the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

Post by decius »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Or onlookers could just skip any post by/in respont to Oolon. It's very easy to do, I sometimes do it myself. For example, I was not interested in a few sideshow conversations going on here between regulars. I just skipped them.

Oolon can do no damage by just being a tedious troll. This is quite a contemporary talk, as Matt was accused of doing great damage to the A+ community. Sorry, I'm not playing that game.

Ok, I probably need to get some fresh air, I'm more annoyed than usual. Might be the weather.
I wasn't suggesting to censor him, mind you. However, trolls are a pest and there exist copious literature detailing the damage their tactics can do to internet communities. Treating them just like any other poster isn't really the smartest of options. Ignoring them is easier said than done and even that approach seems largely ineffective and sometimes detrimental. A dedicated thread seems the most effective way to deal with them (I can provide reference, if needed). If that bothers you that much, I would like to understand exactly why.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Ok, I guess I'm starting to see what you mean.

My bad.

Decius: already changing my mind, WRT Oolon's ;lates post. I will probably just give up on him. He's a bore.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

BTW, ERV only wants us to serve Mountain Dew or Crab Juice, so hide the beers before she shows up.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:Wow, she really has some opinion of herself.
Funny, I've never pictured the barmaid as looking like a slightly more butch Albert Steptoe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Add another vote for Oolon's own thread. Call it *The Merry-Go-Round*

real horrorshow

Michael K Gray wrote:
What's this? Michael Jackson's comeback tour?

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Now, to be serious, Oolon is not making me dance to his fiddle. I'm engaging in a conversation with him. Yes, granted, one that is becoming increasingly boring and repetitive, but as you know my good nature, I have hope yet.

Ok, I'm a bit dumb.
Phil, not ignoring you as I find this board a bit difficult to navigate - hard to find where I was previously and the number of people making comments on my points make it difficult to reply (Is that called a dogpile? Seems quite similar to when I disagree on FtBs).

I think it may be repetitive and boring as you still seem to think I am trying to paint you all as racist-misogynist-homphobic-kitten-eaters-from-hell... I'll repeat - what could I possibly hope to gain if I 'proved' this? I go back to FtBs to gloat with my 'mates' on Thunderdome, who will say 'duh oolon you gullible fool we already know they are all racist-misogynist-homphobic-kitten-eaters-from-hell!' At least some will express a similar sentiment... I can haz FtB's cookies? Nope.

Hopefully I addressed what points of yours that don't fit into misrepresentation - mainly by others commenting on my comments - in my reply to Saint N.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Utter bulshit.
Hehe is this not feeding the troll? I'd like to know why it is not reasonable given at least for the first two making any statement like that by a public figure (In the UK) would result in serious censure and resignations etc. Actually in the UK the third would result in accusations of sexism regardless of the insistence here that 'no one' in the UK thinks of c*nt as sexist!

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/200 ... oo_for_who

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

rayshul wrote:That one more or lessly describes the entire skepchick contingent. Except it also comes with a side order of "wahhh people want to have so much sex with me but wahhhh so jealous wahhh." And I bolded that bit about girls because fuck, they are girls. I don't care if they're all middle aged.

I feel like the chill girl thing - that girls act in a certain way so boys like them - is kind of the wrong way round. Or the accusations are leveled at the wrong parties. The gender feminists are obsessed with boys, how boys interact with them, what rules boys should have for approaching them, and a fuck load of other hilarious headgames which are all like, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT. And then the whole running away to talk about what the boy did wrong and how the perfect boy does things THIS way not THAT way and gosh boys are always so into them...

Ughhhh.
If the parts where they do the "YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT", are so illogical, that if it were at all possible, they could take Randi's million for mindreading. :)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: Or "Whomsoever" in the plural.
I've got a bag of "punch in the face" for you. Royal mail ok?
No! I want my punch in the face to be in real life!
In front of the press!
Datelyne: Adelaide, Wednestuesday, Oct 32, 3013:
World-Famous lead Stylophone-player Fillet Godiabanana from the Retro-Punk-Jazz-Fusion/Light-Metal (Al, Na, Mg) Welsh Band PhairyLlandru, was filmed snotting a no-nobody of no-fixed address, Adelaide in a totally provoked assault!
Our reporter, who attended the subsequent trial, claimed that the magistrate said that she has not seen such a-more deserved beating in her many years on the bench.
And then went on to add that she has presided over multiple S&M Brothel cases in the last few years.
And enjoyed the evidence.
Caught adjourned!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

masakari2012 wrote:BTW, ERV only wants us to serve Mountain Dew or Crab Juice, so hide the beers before she shows up.
I propose to hide them in my gizzards.
Alimentary, my very dear Watson.

Johann the Cabbie

Post by Johann the Cabbie »

masakari2012 wrote:BTW, ERV only wants us to serve Mountain Dew or Crab Juice, so hide the beers before she shows up.
I'll have the Mountain Dew, thanks. Mixed with tequila, which in my hometown is called a redneck margarita.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Scented Nectar wrote:
rayshul wrote:That one more or lessly describes the entire skepchick contingent. Except it also comes with a side order of "wahhh people want to have so much sex with me but wahhhh so jealous wahhh." And I bolded that bit about girls because fuck, they are girls. I don't care if they're all middle aged.

I feel like the chill girl thing - that girls act in a certain way so boys like them - is kind of the wrong way round. Or the accusations are leveled at the wrong parties. The gender feminists are obsessed with boys, how boys interact with them, what rules boys should have for approaching them, and a fuck load of other hilarious headgames which are all like, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT. And then the whole running away to talk about what the boy did wrong and how the perfect boy does things THIS way not THAT way and gosh boys are always so into them...

Ughhhh.
If the parts where they do the "YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT", are so illogical, that if it were at all possible, they could take Randi's million for mindreading. :)
Um, my morning grammar sucks. Drop that first "If". :P

Spence

Post by Spence »

Oolon is certainly most dishonest about how s/he goes about arguing. Whilst I am reluctant to agree with a separate thread, I would note that I pwned oolon in a debate on Thunderf00t's blog by pinning them down to one subject. Because thunderf00t's blog was threaded, replies were always associated with the original comment and oolon, being a troll, had to reply to that comment and not ignore or cherry pick responses. By pinning him/her down to one topic which s/he was unable to defend (because he lacks sufficient critical thinking ability to do so), s/he eventually cried off and refused to debate me, rather than retract the statement that s/he was unable to support.

Which, against such a blatant troll, is a pretty epic win IMNSHO :dance:

We need to be careful though. I think oolon should be allowed to have a voice here, troll or otherwise, and some dissenting voices, even fully retarded ones, are better than none.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

oolon** wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Utter bulshit.
Hehe is this not feeding the troll? I'd like to know why it is not reasonable given at least for the first two making any statement like that by a public figure (In the UK) would result in serious censure and resignations etc. Actually in the UK the third would result in accusations of sexism regardless of the insistence here that 'no one' in the UK thinks of c*nt as sexist!

A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
(Sorry MKG and other anti-Oolons, I'd like to respond)

The thing is, from my own point of view, I'm not going to call a white person, whether they be male or female, gay or cis or trans, a nigger. I won't call a woman a faggot. I won't call a Scottish fisherman a rightful Dolly (whatever that is, I just made it up).

But I will call Bruce, the 6.5" white, cis-gendered, very heterosexual disco bouncer a cunt if he acts as such (being a fucking ass).

My view, and the end of this particular discussion for me. Bande de cons!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Johann the Cabbie wrote:
I'll have the Mountain Dew, thanks. Mixed with tequila, which in my hometown is called a redneck margarita.
...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: Or "Whomsoever" in the plural.
I've got a bag of "punch in the face" for you. Royal mail ok?
No! I want my punch in the face to be in real life!
In front of the press!
Datelyne: Adelaide, Wednestuesday, Oct 32, 3013:
World-Famous lead Stylophone-player Fillet Godiabanana from the Retro-Punk-Jazz-Fusion/Light-Metal (Al, Na, Mg) Welsh Band PhairyLlandru, was filmed snotting a no-nobody of no-fixed address, Adelaide in a totally provoked assault!
Our reporter, who attended the subsequent trial, claimed that the magistrate said that she has not seen such a-more deserved beating in her many years on the bench.
And then went on to add that she has presided over multiple S&M Brothel cases in the last few years.
And enjoyed the evidence.
Caught adjourned!
Ok, I just lost it! I've got a very visual imagination, and it played like a perfect sitcom. I have tears of laughter at the corner of my eyes.

real horrorshow

Scented Nectar wrote:Some new words coined at http://www.genderratic.com/p/2098/gener ... issiverse/
I followed a link from there to here and found:
Genderitis – My definition of genderitis is the tendency to see and try to analyze everything solely in terms of gender. It’s a mistake.
Damseling – At bottom damseling is a claim to on someone else to protection as a right, as an entitlement. Insisting on a woman’s victimhood in every situation, or her greater victimhood in her situation vis-à-vis someone else’s victimhood, is going to be crucial.
Which is, of course, what White Knights do.

I was also struck by this:
There really was a time when younger women tried to imitate the sophistication and worldiness of older women. There really was a time when grown women were ashamed to cry except maybe when a kid had died. Or at the opera. That was allowed. There really was a time when women didn’t chatter and giggle in public like high school girls. There really was a time when young American [women]* didn’t chirp when they talked. And somehow all that got cut out of femininity in our culture, the female gender role evolved away from adulthood.
(*my guess, the proof-reading leaves a little to be desired on that site.)
It's an interesting article. Worth a look.

Johann the Cabbie

Michael K Gray wrote: ...From which, I guess your hometown to be Reykjavik?
Surely you jest. I'm from a small town in central Maine.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

welch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
oolon** wrote:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2012 ... in-vacula/

Seems pretty good to me - if Justin had apologised for the mistakes he admitted he made JT would stand up for him. Even apologising for *some* if he has justification for the others... Not quite the bow-and-scrape John Welch thinks is needed.
Bullshit, tainted one. No amount of apologies would have worked. They launched a witch hunt, and they do not stop until the witch is drowned.

BTW, perineum, what do you think of Surly Amy's doc-dropping? Will you resort to the standard Baboon rationalisation (ie Baboons reserve the right to doc drop if they feel like), or actually admit Amy was wrong to do it?
Oolon's so full of shit he sharts when he burps. "If he'd only apologize." Justin said the thing with amy's address was stupid and he shouldn't have done it. But that's not enough. Because if you see what the fuckwits at FTB put Justin Griffith through, no ONLY did he have to apologize for supporting Abbie's right to have an opinion, even if he didn't agree with it, he had to reject all the overtures he'd made towards actually talking with us, and start actively shitting on us. Then, and ONLY then had he "done enough to make up for his mistake"

So Oolon saying "if he'd just apologize" is bollocks on a fucking stick. That crowd doesn't want an apology in the "admission of error and stating one will not repeat said error" sense that sane people mean. What they mean is a groveling amount of bowing and scraping and you must, MUST join in the hatred of the others.
And what groveling and shitting Justin Griffith did was still insufficient for the FTB pea-brained ignocenti. PZ, as far as I know, has kept his promise to never again acknowledge his existence. And he gets no visits or comments from any of the baboon regulars that I could see, where they often stopped by prior to Justingriffithwhateverthegatenameisgate. All that groveling, retreating backtracking and backstabbing in order to lick his masters' hands, and all it got him was a total shunning and a contemptuous, dismissive "We shall allow you to continue to exist here".

JG would have been far better off sticking to his principles and taking his lumps. If he had, and been booted off FTB, would his military atheist cause be any the worse off than it is today? I seriously doubt it. He could be doing just as well on his regular site. Maybe better off - there is no longer any "glamor" or other benefit to being attached to FTB. FTB is tainted now, and there is no honor in being associated with it. Justin can't be making any money off the site, if the number of comments he gets is any indication. I really wonder why he stays and allows himself to continue to play the part of beaten puppy. Pretty pathetic.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:(Sorry MKG and other anti-Oolons, I'd like to respond)
You seem to mistake my position.
I am not "anti-Oolon".
I am anti-folk-being-sucked-in-to-his-transparent-game, as you seem to be.
Were I Oolon, I'd be jumping with joy that that you had been taking the fetid bait for so long, despite other fish warning you about the trol-nets.
Positively beaming.
In fact, I may becoming "pro" Oolon, for his lazy skill as a fisherman for the naïve soles [sic] who always are attracted to his coarse rhetorical rete¹ are somewhat startling, despite their crudity, catch the same fishes time & time again.
Much akin to the "curious squid", of Pratchett folklore.

decius

Post by decius »

Take notice, everyone.
Phil, not ignoring you as I find this board a bit difficult to navigate - hard to find where I was previously and the number of people making comments on my points make it difficult to reply (Is that called a dogpile? Seems quite similar to when I disagree on FtBs).
More disingenuous self-exculpatory tripe similar to "I forgot my password" or "I'm unable to set up a second account".

The format of these boards lends itself to easy consultation and makes it very hard to miss the point and what each individual poster has said at any given time.

From experience, I started here by taking a 'contrarian' position that sent me on a collision course with several of the more eloquent and verbose (in the good sense of the word) denizens of the Pit. I had no difficulty whatsoever to follow, acknowledge and debate most if not all of their points and they all used the same courtesy to me. Although there was quite the barrage of posts coming my way, the difference was in the mutual commitment to progressing the conversation, rather than dishonestly stalling it.
Many others have managed to do the same, only poor poor Baboolon can't.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:(Sorry MKG and other anti-Oolons, I'd like to respond)
You seem to mistake my position.
I am not "anti-Oolon".
I am anti-folk-being-sucked-in-to-his-transparent-game, as you seem to be.
Were I Oolon, I'd be jumping with joy that that you had been taking the fetid bait for so long, despite other fish warning you about the trol-nets.
Positively beaming.
In fact, I may becoming "pro" Oolon, for his lazy skill as a fisherman for the naïve soles [sic] who always are attracted to his coarse rhetorical rete¹ are somewhat startling, despite their crudity, catch the same fishes time & time again.
Much akin to the "curious squid", of Pratchett folklore.

But if I can help him jump with joy, what's the hurt? I've made the world a little better...

<--- no smiley, out of respect

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
disumbrationist wrote:By the way, I looove Dillahunty's latest video. He describes his 'experiment' to demonstrate the sanity of the A+theism forums, but says that his experiment never went to completion.
Ha!
No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
You grabbed the largest handle you could find.
"Don't worry," you said. "The bullshit flux is just a tad too high. I'll just make this tiny adjustment too show how robust the machine is."
A small black hole, built from compressed persecution complex, formed that day, swallowing you and your internet fame whole.
The experiment was a incredible success.
:lol: Nice! :clap:

I watched the whole thing and I'm hoping that Dillahunty sticks to his guns about demanding that the A+Theists apologize to him, and that the inmates running the asylum over at the forums stick to their as well.

I'm saddened that he still won't admit that his little experiment proves him wrong, but there's still hope for a greater shit storm!
He does admit, in the latest clip, that they would have done nothing if he hadn't revealed his true (and oh so important) identity.
He just can't bring himself to admit out loud that the detractors have been proven 100% correct.
Because, of course, if he did, he'd be agreeing with the dreaded evil slimepitters. They can never force themselves to do that, no matter how right the pit is about something. They are frightened of the irrational and completely false bogeyman caricature they have made of us.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Johann the Cabbie wrote:
Central Maine, Iceland?

Tfoot

Post by Tfoot »

Ive taken to lurkin here as it goes great with popcorn, just dun post. Dun like to leave too many IP footprints (hence the proxy)

Just so you know, Matt, after all his ranting about how the A+theism forum banning him for really the most banal comments was a 'REAL problem that needed to be addressed'...well guess what he does next, but yup you guessed it, banned me for making the most banal comments.

http://thunderf00tdotorg.files.wordpres ... -tfoot.jpg
(see matts latest vid on him being banned)

I'm not quite sure what I find more amusing, the projection, or the hypocrisy. Either way the 'unposted' comment for me really sums it up (see image). What has A+theism provided? other than an atheist cat fight to determine who is the sad little king of the sad little hill.

Lets be real, this bunch of jokers have exactly zero chance of changing society, let alone changing it for the better.

FYI, surly amy threatened to sue for for 100 000 dollars for using her image on FTBs (going back a month or two).

"I have filed a claim with the US copyright office. I will have the official copyright certificate number for that particular image within 24 hours. If Thunderfoot decides to use that image in any derogatory way from this moment on I will be eligible to sue him for $100,000 in damages. Potentially more since it is a self portrait. No joke. Just FYI: you don't need an official claim with the US copyright office to have rights over an image you create but if you do file you wield a lot more power over the image. It is now officially filed." -Amy Roth

Normally this would have provoked an immediate response of publicly calling her bluff. The idea that she would be able to sue anyone for 100 000 dollars for using her image is a joke! The response I gave to Ed Brayton after he accused me of STEALING her work pretty much sums it up:

"Let me make this clear Ed.

1) copyright infringement IS NOT THEFT OR STEALING, in the same way arson IS NOT THEFT. They are different forms of illegal activity.

2) I only removed the image for YOUR benefit. Had this been on my channel I would have very publicly given Amy the finger on the ground of fair use, commentary/ news worthy/ does not significantly diminish the value of the work and “dragged her legally beaten carcass around the walls of troy” as I have done NUMEROUS reprehensible muppets who try to use copyright laws as a way of trying to stifling free speech. I am stunned that you seem to think that her behavior was either legitimate, or should be supported. And yes in the absence of some form of sign of contrition from Amy, she will presently join the ranks of venomfangx, kent hovind, the Discovery Institute, Drcraigvideos and others. Would anyone here suggest that she deserves any less fair treatment?"

So why didnt I go for Amy? Well people get tired of constantly fighting muppets who use the DMCA for censorship. Its the most common complaint I get is that I spend too much time on this sort of thing. Amy got lucky!
However the fact that she threatened to sue someone for 100 000 dollars simply for using one of her images which would amply fall under the fair use defense has put her in the same camp as a lot of creationists jerks who use it to stifle debate.

In fact, lets go thru the checklist of A+theism and creationism
1) used dmca to stifle open debate: CHECK (nice one Amy)
2) blocks or bans people for mild disagreement (CHECK, nice one Matt D and FTB and A+theism forum)
3) turns off comments and ratings (CHECK, see PZ video about throwing me out from FTB)

FYI on that last one, I had long predicted that PZ would delete the comments as soon as he found out what people were saying about him, so I copied the last 500 comments. LMAO, this like playin chess with VFX again....not too bright and soooo predictable!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Johann the Cabbie wrote:
Central Maine, Iceland?
You both are wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_(province)

decius

Post by decius »

Ad addendum to my previous post. What I described occurred at Abbie's place, which doesn't even have a user's post history page. If Baboolon wanted to reply to Phil's points and had forgotten its details, all he had to do was to browse his personal page.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:But if I can help him jump with joy, what's the hurt? I've made the world a little better...
If that is, indeed, your ultimate goal, then you shall brook no countenance from me.
But I suspect that from your previous verbiages that it not your ultimate goal.
Please correct me if I am incorrect.
As for "what's the hurt?", don't get me started, please!
One may well ask, (as an extremum): "What is the hurt in convincing folk that hippy crystals can cure cancer?"
(I am guessing that that question is as stark as the kreepy-marionette image.)
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:<--- no smiley, out of respect
Well met, good Sir knight.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote: JT also makes the mistake of saying the A+forum is troll fatigued. Troll fatigued? They have 1853 users and have only banned 30, including Matt, for "trolling". hardly warrants fatigue.*
Their definition of "troll" is what's fatiguing them. Trolling to them not only means people out to mock and disrupt, it also means people who don't know much about A+, are genuinely curious about what it's all about, and ask common questions that have been posed many times before. This annoys the High Priesthood, and such people are dismissed as trollish, disruptive and "JAQ-ing off". Seems to me, if you're trying to start a new movement, especially one that touts itself as being progressive, open and inclusive, that one should be patient of newbies and patiently and eagerly explain things to them in order to be inclusive and welcome them into the fold. But that's just me, that whole Sophisticated Theology thing is tough for me to figure out.

Another way to be instantly labeled a "problem" and a "troll" is to express concern over the way people are treated there. Every time the High Priests don their wife-beaters and go after someone who posted something innocuous but technically against the spirit of letter of the law of the 137-volume bylaws of that forum, there is invariably someone who takes issue with the treatment being meted out. Nothing gets you on the No Fly List faster than saying "Hey guys, I know that question's been asked a million times before, but do we really have to treat him this way? He's new here and seems to genuinely want to know, I don't see any indication of trolling here". Of course, that is tantamount to questioning the competence of the 574 moderators, which is treason.

If there was ever a group of people who needed to just relax, this is the one.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

O Hai TF!

If the design has not benn patented to an official organization, I'm not sure a DMCA is valid. That's just an input from my own experiences (I had to pay fucking 210 euros for my logo to be put in). Let's not even talk about Sacem for music.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:But if I can help him jump with joy, what's the hurt? I've made the world a little better...
If that is, indeed, your ultimate goal, then you shall brook no countenance from me.
But I suspect that from your previous verbiages that it not your ultimate goal.
I really have to brush on my English. I'm at a loss re the sublined part. But as far as my ultimate goal goes: live my life happily with my soon-to-be-wife and have lots of fun and adventures with the Pit. Worthy goals, yes?

As for "what's the hurt?", don't get me started, please!
One may well ask, (as an extremum): "What is the hurt in convincing folk that hippy crystals can cure cancer?"
(I am guessing that that question is as stark as the kreepy-marionette image.)
One poster on a forum does not mean the forum embrasses said poster's views. If he's trying to paint us in a bad light, well good luck to him. Everything is either here or archived. Let him have his fun.

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:<--- no smiley, out of respect
Well met, good Sir knight.
And Gladiator, I salute you!

Johann the Cabbie

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Johann the Cabbie wrote:
Central Maine, Iceland?
You both are wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_(province)
I didn't even know the French had stolen my state name from one of their provinces. I'm gonna hafta DMCA France now, those fuckers.

Johann the Cabbie

Hello TFoot.

Some interesting background there concerning Amy's copyright bullshit.

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Gumby wrote:Seems to me, if you're trying to start a new movement, especially one that touts itself as being progressive, open and inclusive, that one should be patient of newbies and patiently and eagerly explain things to them in order to be inclusive and welcome them into the fold.
I laughed while reading JT trying to make a connection between how Matt's call-in talk show is moderated and how the A+ forums are moderated. I suppose they are both moderated in a fairly dismissive fashion, except in one case it's conducive to making an interesting television program, and in the other conducive to drumming people the fuck out of your oh so inclusive 'comminuty'.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:then you shall brook no countenance from me.
I really have to brush on my English. I'm at a loss re the sublined part.
I feel ashamed, but likely should not.
I am confident that your English is far superior to my French, let that be stated.
I tend to employ archaisms that are popular amongst the wanker-crowd of academia.
I still find it passing strange that (say) Eton-educated Steven Fry is positively idolised for prostituting such targeted words & phrases, yet mere antipodean equivalents are shunned.

Once I have heaved that chip from off my shoulder, I propose to address your actual stumbling block:
"then you shall brook no countenance from me" sort-of means: "I will not object", or "I do not propose to put any hurdles in your path".
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_'br ... ment'_mean

Spence

Post by Spence »

Tfoot wrote:FYI, surly amy threatened to sue for for 100 000 dollars for using her image on FTBs (going back a month or two).
ROFLMAO. Amy knows as much about the legal process as oolon does. The irony is that she probably made a bucket load of extra income following all the publicity. Far from costing her, I suspect tf00t/elevatorGate/Vacula fair use of her images actually made money for her.
Tfoot quoting Amy wrote:If Thunderfoot decides to use that image in any derogatory way from this moment on I will be eligible to sue him for $100,000 in damages.
Properly retarded. There is no "eligibility" criteria for suing someone. You just go and do it. Of course anyone who does that risks being saddled with defence costs under many circumstances for frivolous abuse of the court system, a point lawyers were subtly making on her behalf demanding a $5k upfront fee.

Johann the Cabbie

Earlier I mentioned that I agreed to a debate with Paul Elam. I confess that I find the guy tedious, though not quite as tedious as Oolon.

My opening salvo and Elam's response:
http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for ... e-part-ii/

My latest response:
http://johannthecabbie.blogspot.nl/2012 ... t-iii.html

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

My understanding of Fair Dealing use requires elements of criticism & review and is designed to allow News services to use otherwise copyrighted material to clarify or support the news article/story. The only caveat I'm aware of is that the copyrighted material needs to be specifically referenced and appropriately relevant.

For example. TV news story in the finance section uses Tom Cruise's "show me the money" grab illustrate a line in the story about corporate greed. In this instance copyright has been breached because it doesn't tick the caveats. There are other ways to use pictures to illustrate that line (and showing a picture of Rupert Murdoch) wouldn't work either and the line wasn't directly and specifically critiqued or mentioned in the TV reporters voice overlay. In this instance the reporter just needed to say... "...end the excessive attitudes of corporate CEO's as portrayed by Tom Cruise in.....

The trouble is, and I should check into this when I get to work on Monday, copyright laws haven't been updated since 2001 when Australian copyright laws were brought into line with the USA after the FTA was ratified. A lot has happened on the Internet since then and I suspect blogging has blurred the lines about what constitutes News (and Current Affairs) reportage.

PS: other than News services, Educational institutions are given the same laxities in Copyright news services get....

(heh! while typing this I had to add the word "blogging" to my dictionary)

Dilurk

Oh Amy!

Post by Dilurk »

[youtube]3vUVJsfG3eA[/youtube]

I'll leave it up to Lsuoma to delete this if necessary. Anyone who has my IP knows who I am and where I live. Anyone who knows my real name can find me easily enough. There has been no privacy on the Internet in years. You post on here, you are a public figure. Pro tip. If you are going to register a trademark, see if at least you can't use a PO box or perhaps your lawyer's office.

I'm very tempted to suggest the Streisland effect be used to publish her damn address all over the forking Internet. If this information is correct you live in an apartment building with some security at the front door unlike me who owns a house. What a piece of shit you are Amy. I have been harassed at home, I had a real time Internet stalker phoning me and my family at home. You don't know the meaning of harassment. Fuck you.

Editing to remove pseudo-doxxing...
Last edited by Lsuoma on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing to remove pseudo-doxxing

acathode

Re: Mars vs Venus

Post by acathode »

Michael K Gray wrote:As for the idea that males 'feed' their wives, this is not borne out by any tribe of which I am familiar.
In traditional Australian tribes, it is the other women who bring in and prepare most of the food and provide care & protection for pregnant females.
Sorry for the late response to this, I originally thought of answering but other stuff got in the way, and then it seemed to be a rather minor thing to bring up after the discussion had moved on to other subjects... but then I recently read I think Steersman pointing out the importance of admitting you where wrong, and got reminded/"inspired" to do just that, and I also have reason to chip in on the Amy Roth/DMCA subject, so I though it'd be nice to properly end this discussion before I continue.
You're completely right, if what you say is true about the other women taking care of the pregnant in tribes etc. I have to admit that anthropology is something that I have a limited knowledge of, and that what was going through my mind when I posted that was a completely lone women in a cave, lumbering around in the 8th month, trying to get food and protect herself on her own, compared to a women in a cave + a male, where the male was the typical "provider husband". The rest of the tribe for some reason didn't even enter into my thoughts.

Now, to Amy Roth.
Her recent post is complete bullshit. She's either lying through her teeth, or she is completely clueless on how copyright, DMCA and fair use actually work. Justin's use was well within fair use, the image was relevant to the point Justin was making on the absurdities of banning "fake jewelry", it was not blatant copying, and the use of that photo has no impact on Amy's actual businesses, since her business is about selling jewelry, not photos of jewelry. This article from EFF is good reading on using others IP in blogs.

Her most important point seems to be that Justin, by accepting donations on his blog, is using her image commercially and is making money out of her copyrighted works, and that's enough to make the DMCA valid. Again, either she is clueless or dishonest, donations does not make a site commercial, and even if Justin's blog had been a commercial site, his use still falls under fair use and is completely legal. Even if you're a commercial company, and for example offer online reviews of products, like movies (see Rotten Tomatoes) you are allowed to for use copyrighted product images in reviews you publish, like thumbs of movie posters. Even if you're reviews are extremely negative and critical, the big movie companies can not shut down sites like Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB with DMCA notices, when one of their movies get a 3/10 score.

Her whole damn post is misrepresenting copyright law and procedures so horrible it makes my eyes water.

She simply "asked his server to remove the image" - Filing a DMCA complaint is "just asking for the host to remove the image" the same way that mugging someone at gunpoint is "just asking for some money". Filling a DMCA notice is serous legal accusation, and if the host don't comply, they themselves open themselves up to severe legal actions and economic damages. Therefore, abusing DMCAs to oppress and silence others is harshly punished, and if you do it you can potentially face some serious legal consequences.

She was completely unaware of what happens to DMCAd posts and no intention of censorship - She is either lying or completely clueless. DMCA claims are taken very seriously by most hosts, since they can be held accountable they always hit with the sledgehammer and not the scalpel. Even if the whole post would not have been removed, most hosts do have a 3 strike rule until they completely remove the whole blog.
This is basic knowledge, if for nothing else, just for the amount of drama abuses of DMCAs has caused to bloggers and youtubers. Anyone in the blogging business should know that DMCAs has been a tool often used to try to silence people, by very dubious and dishonest people. But of course, Amy isn't one of those slimeballs... no, she's just so angry that someone is making money with her art!!!!! :whistle:

Justin filing a counter DMCA "saying he had rights to my image" - No you lying *****. A counter DMCA is something that you have to do if someone is abusing the DMCA to try to silence people, WHICH YOU TRIED TO! It does not mean that the person is contesting your rights, it means that he thinks that your DMCA is invalid, because for example the use falls under fair use.

No one would take the case for under a $5,000 retainer because .. - Because any law firm know they'd lose the case since Justin's use falls under fair use, not because of the confused explanation about counter-DMCAing trolls Amy gives. Justin's use is almost a textbook example of fair use, and any law firm that took a closer look would see that.

Justin's use wasn't fair use because he makes money out of his blog - Simply not true, see above.

She temporarily lost the rights to her photos - No, you stupid... You still own the copyright! It's just that everyone has the right to use your IP if the use falls under fair use, forever and ever! That's how copyright laws work!

ps. this post was written ~14 hours ago, meant to post it but my internet went stone dead... :evil:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

oolon said
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption.

Did anyone else read the post oolon linked?

Not only does it fail to make the point he suggests, it makes the opposite point. We have a UK feminist saying that cunt shouldnt be seen as taboo!

By the way, nice try at shifting the goalposts. I'm not saying that NOBODY in the UK thinks like that - there's bound to be some as it seems to be an idea that many radical feminists hold (as opposed to mainstream UK feminists - like the one in your link)

Can't we get a better troll?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tfoot:

I note that Matt in defence to your charge that the president of the ACA shouldn't be behaving in such fashion announces that he is not speaking in that capacity. The reasonable extrapolation is that what he says within and about atheism without his ACA hat on should have no bearing on his role as ACA president.

Really?! I also note Dillahunty objected to the appointment of Vacula to a position within the SCA because of what he said before he wore an SCA hat.

Dillahunty has demonstrated himself to be a walking advertisement for cognitive dissonance, and his alignment with the cult of victimhood (Aplus) puts a spotlight on it. There is what he wants it to be, what he believes it to be, and what it actually fucking is. He can't reconcile that last part with the first two, and thus rejects it.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Dick Strawkins wrote:oolon said
3. Say a female person is a c*nt in a context where that person is being disparaged then misogyny is a reasonable assumption.

Did anyone else read the post oolon linked?
ROFLMAO. I confess, I didn't bother following it since oolon created a straw man with the "no one" statement (in quotes, no less). Many people here referred to the use of cunt in the UK causing little concern, but also noted some hypersensitive people do need fainting couches. So, I didn't read the article since it was constructed on a pointless straw man.

But now you mention it, the article underlines EXACTLY the points we have been making here. The closing para sums it up:
Does that mean men can't use the word 'cunt' in an abusive way - that it should be reserved for women's use? Not necessarily. After all, if men can use it in a descriptive way, why not the other way too? The distinction seems facile. And distinguishing who can use a word on the basis of their sex seems unnecessarily discriminatory and separatist. Are you more offended when a man uses 'cunt' as a term of abuse than when a woman does? Should you be? And does that mean a woman using 'dick' as an insult is necessarily more offensive than a man using it? To be honest I don't know what the answer is. But I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Awesome. One paragraph of clear thought that the FC6/5/4 plus associated trolls are unable to connect the dots over.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Oolon

Post by Lsuoma »

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=132&p=17683#p17683

Given the problems he has had accessing the other account he has said that he will open another registered account and use that instead. I have approved this: it is not multiple accounts, AFAIC, but if the original oolon account is ever again used for posting, I will deem this bad faith, and he may find himself being whisked off to a sandpit, depending on what sort of mood I am in.

decius

Post by decius »

Tfoot, nice to see you here. I value your work immensely. However, I disagree with the trust of your post to Dillahunty.

I think there's more at stake than what you suggest in your characterisation of this rift as a squabble for petty goals among sad individuals (or some such).
This side is fighting back the hijacking of the movement by puritanical ideologues and über-virtuosi, who appointed themselves guardians of values they wish to impose on everyone else. Said values have nothing to do with the original objectives that brought so many diverse people together in the fight against religious superstition and in support of science and rational enquiry.
It is truly a shame that this is occurring, but the challenges this situation is posing cannot simply be left unchecked.
Surely, after your experiences at Peezus's hands, you cannot seriously suggest that all our side is offering to the community at large is popcorn entertainment.

I for one cannot wait for a refocussing of our collective efforts against the common enemies of ignorance and superstition, but this cannot be done under the jackboot of radical feminism.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

oolon** wrote: A citation for Dick and the Uk'ers who say 'no one' in the UK sees the word this way
Holy shit! Is that the best you can do? An article from 2003 which - in all the time it's been up there - was retweeted 3 times and recommended by a staggering 33 people on facebook! :lol:

Sure, it's a bit more than 'no one'. Just a bit, mind.

decius

Post by decius »

*Thrust, not trust.