Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
AKAHorace wrote: Wait, Jason is claiming that Justin Vacula gave out Surly Amy's home address ? Is this true ?
Yes...

...sort of - what he actually did was post a link to a publicly accessible site which gave the address.
And an image of the building, IIRC.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

AKAHorace wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
John Greg wrote: Oh, and Jason (Fartytowels) Toiletbowl is ranting yet again about how truly eeevil we are, and yet again, as the master of Doublethink and Newspeak, ....
link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ing-fires/
Ye Gods, that's an uninspired piece of lunacy. Still, at least Canuck didn't go full Carrier. To paraphrase Tropic Thunder - Never go full retar Carrier.

I don't credit Thimbledoo with enough intelligence to assume he's being ironic when he says this:
The bad guys don’t think they’re bad guys. They never do.
Still friends with Greg Laden, Jase?
Dang! Missed that point .... :-)
Wait, Jason is claiming that Justin Vacula gave out Surly Amy's home address ? Is this true ?
Technically, yes. The context that is studiously avoided is that it was being claimed that he was only counterclaiming against Amy's DMCA takedown request in order to get her address. Justin's post was a way of saying, "that's silly. Your address is already freely available online."

Baron

Post by Baron »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... 12/09/why/

New Bension post attacking justin v, commenter talks about race problem in atheism - huh?

Post by Guest »

Baron wrote:Dilahunty attacks Vacula on atheist ep tv show?

He started talking about Vacula at 6:35. Dillahunty on his usual unconditional siding with the FtB people.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Doc Drop at FfTB

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

A commenter at Meyers's blog has just outed a Twitter user. Meyers' knows about it, because he posted after this:
Just letting you know (I said as much on Twitter), you might not want to engage @insectidyll. Her name is Dawn Gordon, she’s from Brampton, Ontario and several people on Twitter/Facebook/various social media outlets can tell you she’s a pretty nasty little harassing stalker – @kaimatai can tell you just how obsessed and creepy she is. Just a warning :)
The commenter is Susanne Bullo, who appears to also be known as Renee Hendricks

https://plus.google.com/117806329766888444085/posts

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-464729

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

I really don't think outing wars are a good idea.

Iamcuriousblue

Post by Iamcuriousblue »

Iamcuriousblue wrote:
Horace wrote:Sorry could you give a quick reference to what happened with Justicar ?
Last I checked, he's still quite active on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/integralmath

The last video was 5 days ago, so I'm not sure if you're asking for a more recent update.
Only after the fact noticing this post was from months ago.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Baron wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... 12/09/why/

New Bension post attacking justin v, commenter talks about race problem in atheism - huh?
First comment is by Greg Laden, again. WTF is this guy just waiting by his browser to jump into the conversation, hoping that this will distract us from the actual *real life* threats he's made? If Justin is to be judged by the company he keeps (because we're all beyond any conceivable redemption :twisted: ), does the same apply to Ophelia who has no issues fraternizing with Laden, who has threatened and dehumanized (yes, saying someone doesn't deserve to breath the same air as you is dehumanization in my book) and tried to ruin someone's professional life because of an internet dispute?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Tristan wrote:I really don't think outing wars are a good idea.
I googled the unusual name this person used to post a comment on Meyers's blog:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-464729

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Guest wrote:
Baron wrote:Dilahunty attacks Vacula on atheist ep tv show?

He started talking about Vacula at 6:35. Dillahunty on his usual unconditional siding with the FtB people.
Is anybody else really getting annoyed with Matt's constant attempts to whitewash the shitty behavior of FtB and A+theism. As far as I'm concerned his whole "facts don't matter" statement told me all I need to know about his dedication to truth on this issue (and his recent apologetics attempts at justifying this skeptic fail have been so laughably pathetic I half expect Kirk Cameron to peak out of the backseat wielding a banana).

Justin is going to be affiliated with the SCA in Pennsylvania, because he has done a lot of real life activism on behalf of his local group in Pennsylvania (more than most people his age). You don't like him, Matt, too fuckin bad. You get no say in this decision, anymore than I get a say with what happens in the ACA. Shit, for people who are always bitchin about how more young people need to take an active role in the secular movement they sure are eager to trounce on anyone that dares think for themselves (freethought my ass).

Vigil

Post by Vigil »

Guest wrote:Anyway, I think Justin more than presents himself well. His ability to remain civil in the face of aggression is certainly an attribute that you would want in a leader.
He should do more than remain 'civil' (if that's what he's doing), it would behoove him to ignore the FtB/Skepchick people completely whenever possible from now on and try to focus on stuff that actually matters, which isn't what he seems to be doing. His latest tweet: "Their hate makes me stronger"

And earlier than that commenting on the elevator out of order at PA Atheist Convention:
That's juvenile.

CommanderTuvok

Re: Doc Drop at FfTB

Post by CommanderTuvok »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:A commenter at Meyers's blog has just outed a Twitter user. Meyers' knows about it, because he posted after this:
Which group of people have doc-dropped and revealed people's personal information more than the other? The Baboons, or their opponents? We know the answer - it's the Baboons.

To think that they are still getting mileage from Vacula's semi doc-drop is ridiculous, when they are at it themselves week after week. The fucking wankstains.

AKAHorace

Post by AKAHorace »

Iamcuriousblue wrote:
Iamcuriousblue wrote:
Horace wrote:Sorry could you give a quick reference to what happened with Justicar ?
Last I checked, he's still quite active on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/integralmath

The last video was 5 days ago, so I'm not sure if you're asking for a more recent update.
Only after the fact noticing this post was from months ago.

Thanks anyway. I have not been on the slyme pit much recently.

all the best,

Horace

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The Justin Vacula witch-hunt is amazing.

Been watching all day. Quite fucking amazing.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Vigil wrote:
Guest wrote:Anyway, I think Justin more than presents himself well. His ability to remain civil in the face of aggression is certainly an attribute that you would want in a leader.
He should do more than remain 'civil' (if that's what he's doing), it would behoove him to ignore the FtB/Skepchick people completely whenever possible from now on and try to focus on stuff that actually matters, which isn't what he seems to be doing. His latest tweet: "Their hate makes me stronger"
I larfed. He's just throwing a skepchick phrase back at the same clowns.

At the end of the day, I dont mind if he takes an odd stab here or there. Doing that while remaining calm must rile up the baboons to the point of having an aneurysm. Even Dawkins has made the odd jab at them, and it just reminds us that theyre (Vacula etc) human and have a mischievous streak still.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I keep running into these references to PeeZuss and the baboons:

http://mu-warrior.blogspot.ca/2012/08/p ... demia.html
Academics, essentially, have become the High Priests in a new religion of political correctness. And like all groups who are rigidly attached to an orthodoxy, and have power, they use that power to stiffle dissent.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

DownThunder wrote:
Vigil wrote: His latest tweet: "Their hate makes me stronger"
I larfed. He's just throwing a skepchick phrase back at the same clowns.
JV'll be whoring T-Shirts soon, you wait, and YMCAing¹ all and sundry who "larf" at them, and those mock them viciously by creating parodies that use similar colours.
Watch out. You'll be the next "weak of the which" when he reads that you assume him to be a rounded human been, and not a bile-filled loser who hangs out with "the vilest intellectual scum of the universe" here.
I said, young male, 'cause you're in a A+
There's no need to be happy.

Young male, there's a place you can go.
I said, young male, when you're short on your know.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a bad time.

It's fine to resort to the d-m-c-a.

[repeat until nauseous]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Michael K Gray wrote:
*snip*

[repeat until nauseous][/i]
You stole that from me, didn't ya? I may have to DMCA you, just to know your real name!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Evidence of MKG's blattant plagiarism can be found here:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... DMCA#p7913

Post by Guest »

As a long time lurker here and opponent of FTB, I must say I'm ambivalent regarding Justin Vacula.

The campaign by some FTB bloggers to interfere with his career because they don't like him personally or they might not like some of the sites he posts on is obviously pretty creepy and sinister, and it shows their silencing tactics at work. Don't publicly disagree with us or we'll mess with your career. Promote a mens rights website and we'll have you branded a misogynist, and see that it sticks. It's also incredibly arrogant of them to set themselves up as arbiters of who should and shouldn't be appointed to positions of leadership.

That being said I find Justin's endless self promotion and claims to be an 'atheist leader' to be bloody tiresome and smug. He seems to have a habit of insinuating himself into every aspect of this drama and milking it for all it's worth. He also has a habit of playing the victim over some pretty trivial shit. So bloody what if someone calls you a vacuous shitbag troll, get over it and move on! I'm also rather sick of these petty 'war on Christmas' type causes they promote - they generally only succeed in marginalising atheists by making them look intolerant and censorious.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
*snip*

[repeat until nauseous][/i]
You stole that from me, didn't ya? I may have to DMCA you, just to know your real name!
Ha!!
Do your worst, good sir knight.
I refute your professional musicians claims to prior art when you have admitted that all of your creations are stolen!
(Well, you may not have said those exact words, nor anything even vaguely resembling that assertion, but as an Ordained Minister of the Most Holey Church of Atheism Pus, now relocated to Jenstown in Guyana, I have been granted the gift of not having to tell the truth ever, and forever. Awomen.

And my identity remains a closely guarded secret, and I say "Ni" to your doc-dropping threats.
Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Guest:

Justin self promotes. Yeah, so what? There are no rules about self-promotion here. For all I know, I could spend all day posting about my band and no one would give it a second thought. Interested? Read my promo. If not, just ignore. Justin also more often than not participates in the ongoing discussion and brings in his own views on the subject. Also, he doesn't try to self promote by stepping on other people's heads to elevate his status, which is one of my main beefs with the "other side".

Lastly, I could totally understand why he would be pissed of at some pseudo-prominant blogger calling him "a vacuous shitbag troll". These kind of statements can have repercussions in real life.
they generally only succeed in marginalising atheists by making them look intolerant and censorious.
Who would that be that makes atheists look like that, I wonder...

MKG: funnily enough, I was thinking of replacing gender slurs with "Ni", seeing as how the baboons get the same reaction as those brave round-table knights when they hear/read them.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:As a long time lurker here and opponent of FTB, I must say I'm ambivalent regarding Justin Vacula.

The campaign by some FTB bloggers to interfere with his career because they don't like him personally or they might not like some of the sites he posts on is obviously pretty creepy and sinister, and it shows their silencing tactics at work. Don't publicly disagree with us or we'll mess with your career. Promote a mens rights website and we'll have you branded a misogynist, and see that it sticks. It's also incredibly arrogant of them to set themselves up as arbiters of who should and shouldn't be appointed to positions of leadership.

That being said I find Justin's endless self promotion and claims to be an 'atheist leader' to be bloody tiresome and smug. He seems to have a habit of insinuating himself into every aspect of this drama and milking it for all it's worth. He also has a habit of playing the victim over some pretty trivial shit. So bloody what if someone calls you a vacuous shitbag troll, get over it and move on! I'm also rather sick of these petty 'war on Christmas' type causes they promote - they generally only succeed in marginalising atheists by making them look intolerant and censorious.

Justin comes across as young and naive about the political ways of the world, which leads him, occasionally, into decisions that are not in his best 'political' interests.

The basic point to note is that the principal weapon of the FTB/Skepchicks is feigned outrage. They are always on the lookout for things to be outraged by and they have a few standard targets that Justin has kindly pinned to his head so that they can take aim.
One of these targets is posting here - clearly this messageboard is so bad that even posting here (maybe even reading it) is so ruinous of ones morals that any admission of even visiting here is akin to admitting you've commited genocide.

Most of the rest of his crimes seem to amount to joking about the FTBs on various podcasts (there is no humor section!) and writing that article for 'A Voice for Men'. Nothing in of itself that was misogynistic but that is not the point. The point is whether they can twist it to portray it as misogynistic.

The Surly Amy thing was a stupid mistake of Justin - not because he exposed her address, but because he did enough to allow them to claim that he did. That the FTB/Skepchicks doc drop all the time is not the question. They really see the matter as one in which winning at all costs is what is required. They don't need to question whether it's OK to malign everyone that is opposed to them. That's taken for granted - you question them once and you are on the side of those who send rape threats.
This was the case from the beginning (what was RWs attack on Stef McGraw but exactly this - disagree with me and you are the same as a rape threatener)

Still, Justin is not alone in making these mistakes.
You could say that Dawkins 'Dear Muslima' post was a similar mistake that enabled enough fake outrage to launch Watsons career.
Similarly francs 'cunt kicking' joke has been so useful for Ophelia that he might as well stuck a paypal button on Ophelias site.

Yes, they will always find things to whine about but lets not give them easy targets.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Guest wrote:That being said I find Justin's endless self promotion and claims to be an 'atheist leader' to be bloody tiresome and smug. He seems to have a habit of insinuating himself into every aspect of this drama and milking it for all it's worth. He also has a habit of playing the victim over some pretty trivial shit. So bloody what if someone calls you a vacuous shitbag troll, get over it and move on! I'm also rather sick of these petty 'war on Christmas' type causes they promote - they generally only succeed in marginalising atheists by making them look intolerant and censorious.
Is this what the Baboons call "tone trolling". Yeah, "self-promotion" appears to be one of JV's most serious "crimes". I've seen the Baboons go on about JV's "self promotion", but not a peep about promotion whore Rebecca Watson.

Your concern is noted.

oolon **

Post by oolon ** »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Guest wrote:As a long time lurker here and opponent of FTB, I must say I'm ambivalent regarding Justin Vacula.

Justin comes across as young and naive about the political ways of the world, which leads him, occasionally, into decisions that are not in his best 'political' interests.

The basic point to note is that the principal weapon of the FTB/Skepchicks is feigned outrage. They are always on the lookout for things to be outraged by and they have a few standard targets that Justin has kindly pinned to his head so that they can take aim.
One of these targets is posting here - clearly this messageboard is so bad that even posting here (maybe even reading it) is so ruinous of ones morals that any admission of even visiting here is akin to admitting you've commited genocide.

Most of the rest of his crimes seem to amount to joking about the FTBs on various podcasts (there is no humor section!) and writing that article for 'A Voice for Men'. Nothing in of itself that was misogynistic but that is not the point. The point is whether they can twist it to portray it as misogynistic.

The Surly Amy thing was a stupid mistake of Justin - not because he exposed her address, but because he did enough to allow them to claim that he did. That the FTB/Skepchicks doc drop all the time is not the question. They really see the matter as one in which winning at all costs is what is required. They don't need to question whether it's OK to malign everyone that is opposed to them. That's taken for granted - you question them once and you are on the side of those who send rape threats.
This was the case from the beginning (what was RWs attack on Stef McGraw but exactly this - disagree with me and you are the same as a rape threatener)

You could say that Dawkins 'Dear Muslima' post was a similar mistake that enabled enough fake outrage to launch Watsons career.
Similarly francs 'cunt kicking' joke has been so useful for Ophelia that he might as well stuck a paypal button on Ophelias site.

Yes, they will always find things to whine about but lets not give them easy targets.
Interesting how when someone agrees with you and joins your battle against the 'enemy' it is easy to paper over their 'mistakes' and foibles. However when addressing the 'enemy' every little mistake *cough*Galileo*cough* is incredibly important and proof positive of what an utter shit that person is.

Of course I'm talking about the Baboons here as they are sooo keen to paper over their doc-dropping, Ladens and insults while moaning about Justin Vacula? Or am I talking about the Pittizens and their microscopic interest in any mis-step by the FtB-Skepchicks and rational justifications for errors their side?
This could just as easily be stated FtB-skepchick side as well... So remind me, who are we talking about when you say -
They really see the matter as one in which winning at all costs is what is required. They don't need to question whether it's OK to malign everyone that is opposed to them.
Of course, the enemy, not you!

Now I'm going to get some saying, but but I say Rebecca might not be a total cunt sometimes! Yeah well they have Justin saying the slimepit is not all bad, they have Dan Finke standing up for civil discourse in the face of the Horde (Well they did!), and Al Stefanelli standing up for working with slimepitters.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Let me get this straight:

JT Eberhard is sickened by Vacula's "self-promotion" whilst stating that he abandoned freethoughtblogs and went to patheos out of his own self interest ($$$) this whilst Vacula's position is unpaid! WWJTD? I'll tell you, go wherever pays him the most whilst engaging in his incessant need to promote himself.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AKAHorace wrote:Wait, Jason is claiming that Justin Vacula gave out Surly Amy's home address ? Is this true ?
Background: Justin got DMCA'd by Amy for showing a pic of her necklace in an article about her (considered Fair Use as far as copyrights go). He appealed it, and that process requires him giving out his own real name/address. The next step would have been for her to file legal papers where her name/address would get revealed.

So, they accused Justin, saying that he was appealing just to find out Amy's address. He said no, that wouldn't be necessary since Amy has already made her own address public on a business listings website. To prove it, he showed the listing that Amy herself had made public. When he copied it here to the Slimepit, they suddenly accused him of docdropping, said Amy has to move now, and then they proceeded to docdrop Justin, who's info was NOT listed publicly the way Amy's was.

They know the real story and that Justin never docdropped Amy, but they are cherry picking just his copying of it to the Slimepit, to make it look like he did.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Interesting how when someone agrees with you and joins your battle against the 'enemy' it is easy to paper over their 'mistakes' and foibles. However when addressing the 'enemy' every little mistake *cough*Galileo*cough* is incredibly important and proof positive of what an utter shit that person is.

Of course I'm talking about the Baboons here as they are sooo keen to paper over their doc-dropping, Ladens and insults while moaning about Justin Vacula? Or am I talking about the Pittizens and their microscopic interest in any mis-step by the FtB-Skepchicks and rational justifications for errors their side?
This could just as easily be stated FtB-skepchick side as well... So remind me, who are we talking about when you say -
They really see the matter as one in which winning at all costs is what is required. They don't need to question whether it's OK to malign everyone that is opposed to them.
Of course, the enemy, not you!

Now I'm going to get some saying, but but I say Rebecca might not be a total cunt sometimes! Yeah well they have Justin saying the slimepit is not all bad, they have Dan Finke standing up for civil discourse in the face of the Horde (Well they did!), and Al Stefanelli standing up for working with slimepitters.[/quote]

oolon, you should get it into your head that this is not a homogenous army here.
There are some MRA's posting but that doesn't mean we agree with them any more than you agree with Josh Spokesgay or wowbaggers calls for people they dislike to die in nasty accidents.
I don't even read the MRA stuff (although as far as I can tell there aren't any women hating MRAs on this site - although I think there were a couple who used to post on the old ERV threads - I wasnt a regular contributor then.)

If you are going to criticise use for not going hard on 'our side' then why did you choose my post where I criticized both Justin and franc - and yet you ignore that criticism!

And where have I whined on about the Galileo incident? Some people here seem to have latched onto it but it, like a lot of the RW criticism, bores me senseless. RW isnt very good with facts. We get it. Now can we talk about something else?

I realize that you are mostly posting here for LOLs but don't even you get a little sad by whats happened to PZ and Ophelia. Those two, of all the FTB/Skepchicks had a genuine talent for writing and ideas and yet they've completely thrashed their former reputations with this hyperpolitical path they've chosen.
And you know, if it was only the political choices I could understand. It's the fact that they've tied up their livelihood up in the FTB narrative that makes it so depressing. They've sold out to a business model that requires feeding of the outrage monster every other week - hence the constant search for new targets and a new witch for burning. That the bump in hits that each outrage generates just so happens to coincide with the amount of money they receive from their adservers is just a happy coincidence isnt it?

So where are we now.
Are we really supposed to believe that the slymepit is the big danger to women in atheism?
Seriously?
Apart from you, Stefi and Ophelia, I don't think any of the FTBers read this site. We have zero influence on the wider skeptical/atheist community - apart from providing a background tune along with FTBers clutch their pearls.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

As a resident MRA I just thought I would bring up the blatently sexist way the NZ police deal with drunk college girls:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EwAZlwOC7io/T ... -Girls.jpg

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

John Greg wrote:Oh, and Jason (Fartytowels) Toiletbowl is ranting yet again about how truly eeevil we are, and yet again, as the master of Doublethink and Newspeak, he is lecturing his sycophants on how the lack of actual modetration here is in fact hidden moderation and censorship magically rolled up into one grand echo chamber; He also rants on about how eeevil we are for carrying on vile witch hunts of the underplivileged.

The toad is fucking delusional.

I' ll just pick out one bit of illogic from Tibo: On the one hand we Pitters are a teeny tiny un-representative minority. On the other, we are engaged in witch hunts. This makes no sense. Actual witch-hunters might be a minority, but they must have at least passive support from the rest of the population if their hunts are to be successful. Perhaps this is part of the reason that the FC's hunts - like the current one against JV - always fail.

I did like one bit of Tibo's wibble though:
He is a leader only of brigands
Brigands eh? Cool. Once again the FCs coin an insult that sounds like a complement, like 'Chill Girl'.
Middle English brigaunt, from Old French, from Old Italian brigante, skirmisher, from present participle of brigare, to fight
I've always seen the slimepit's role as that of skirmishers, goading the rigid formations of FTB groupthink. Untimely skirmishers even.

real horrorshow

Scented Nectar wrote:
cunt wrote:I'd be really curious to know what type of person travels to these conferences and is still unable to spot blatant appeals to emotion and guilt by association fallacies.
Silent ones. Maybe they find themselves at a conference that is infested with femtheists, and they don't want to be bullied or publicly piled on. They shut up and/or leave early, I suspect.

How did the Florida conference allow themselves to be talked into bringing in so many of them? Did they actually ask the self-promoting-for-speaker-roles Secular Woman? SW offers speaker recommendations to conference organizers. Hmmm, very intere$$$ting.
Attending a conference proves only that you have the time and money to do it. It says nothing about your critical thinking skills. I'm increasingly thinking that Thunderf00t had a point when he said that conferences were irrelevant. I'll go further, I'm beginning to think they're a problem.

Look at the people who dominate the speaker lists at these things. Is it really worth anyone donating their money (or time and effort) to an organisation which is going to spend a big chunk of that cash on inviting Rebecca "I fly a lot, so I often get free upgrades" Watson to show up; deliver a presentation of re-cycled thoughts; abuse the platform to pursue her personal vendettas; and then get shit-faced in the bar?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

real horrorshow wrote:Attending a conference proves only that you have the time and money to do it. It says nothing about your critical thinking skills. I'm increasingly thinking that Thunderf00t had a point when he said that conferences were irrelevant. I'll go further, I'm beginning to think they're a problem.

Look at the people who dominate the speaker lists at these things. Is it really worth anyone donating their money (or time and effort) to an organisation which is going to spend a big chunk of that cash on inviting Rebecca "I fly a lot, so I often get free upgrades" Watson to show up; deliver a presentation of re-cycled thoughts; abuse the platform to pursue her personal vendettas; and then get shit-faced in the bar?
I think conferences are drying up. Or maybe I'm just not hearing about them because the FTBers are no longer being invited to as many as they used to, and therefore are not blogging about them. I think main ones like TAM could survive, especially since it's in such a vacation town, but I'm not so optimistic about the other ones, especially if they make the mistake of recycling the femtheist speakers, who have nothing new to say, but whine, whine, whine, and demand everyone to do this or that for them.

real horrorshow

oolon ** wrote:Or am I talking about the Pittizens and their microscopic interest in any mis-step by the FtB-Skepchicks and rational justifications for errors their side?
You seem fond of this argument Colluphid. Implying, but never stating, that there's something wrong with Slimepitters keeping an eye on the FCs and Skepchick. What's the insinuation exactly, that taking pains is too nerdy for a cool guy like you? You seem equally keen to rush over and point out if - in your opinion - someone has missed a detail though. So either you do consider attention to detail important, or you only do when it suits you.

A big part of the reason that the Slimepit came into existence was to monitor the FCs and their kind. To challenge them on their behaviour and to keep a record of the many things they'd like to air-brush from history. Not all Pitters are active in that though, and not all who are, are active to the same degree. As I once said of uncle franc: "Obsessive so you don't have to be." If you're not interested in Baboon watching oolon, you've come to the wrong place.

real horrorshow

I did like one bit of Tibo's wibble though:
Brigands eh? Cool. Once again the FCs coin an insult that sounds like a complement, like 'Chill Girl'.
Middle English brigaunt, from Old French, from Old Italian brigante, skirmisher, from present participle of brigare, to fight
I've always seen the slimepit's role as that of skirmishers, goading the rigid formations of FTB groupthink. Untimely skirmishers even.

Damn, I was so busy hinting at Nietzsche I forgot to suggest that we might be francs-tireurs. Geddit eh? Please yerself!

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

real horrorshow wrote:Once again the FCs coin an insult that sounds like a complement
Forgive Ignorance, but what does "FCs" mean?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

FC= fainting couch. A shorthand way to refer to the worst of the freethoughtbloggers

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

A Joke for Blasphemy Day:

[youtube]5nF9AEQmRJs[/youtube]

real horrorshow

SPACKlick wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:Once again the FCs coin an insult that sounds like a complement
Forgive Ignorance, but what does "FCs" mean?
FC stands for Fainting Couch. Originally there was a 'Fainting Couch 5' consisting of Steph Svan, PZ Myers, Greta C, Ophelia B and Thibault - I think. It is a reference to their habit of swooning to the fainting couch, like damsels of old, when faced with disagreement or criticism. The size and membership of the group varies a bit according to individual slimepitter's preferance. So I just use the term 'FC' to refer to prominent baboons in general.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Anyone interested in putting their mouth where their keyboard is? My scheduled guest cant make it so I need a guest for my podcast. Figured it never hurts to ask. Only takes an hour and we can talk about anything you want or just shoot the shit. I'll call any phone anywhere. If you cant do it today but ur interested I'll set up another time. Nothin wrong with posting your opinion in a public place as long as it doesnt look like ur strokin yourself......

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Reap wrote:Anyone interested in putting their mouth where their keyboard is? My scheduled guest cant make it so I need a guest for my podcast. Figured it never hurts to ask. Only takes an hour and we can talk about anything you want or just shoot the shit. I'll call any phone anywhere. If you cant do it today but ur interested I'll set up another time. Nothin wrong with posting your opinion in a public place as long as it doesnt look like ur strokin yourself......
A Skype type arrangement would be ok for me, but to be honest, I have nothing of great interest to say, besides what I've said here before...

(Ok, maybe a few other insights, but I'm a nobody as far as A/S goes. Sorry)

decius

Post by decius »

Reap wrote:Anyone interested in putting their mouth where their keyboard is? My scheduled guest cant make it so I need a guest for my podcast. Figured it never hurts to ask. Only takes an hour and we can talk about anything you want or just shoot the shit. I'll call any phone anywhere. If you cant do it today but ur interested I'll set up another time. Nothin wrong with posting your opinion in a public place as long as it doesnt look like ur strokin yourself......
Please, remind me which podcast you produce. To be clear, I'm not personally interested in being featured.

SPACKlick

Post by SPACKlick »

I'm so not prominent as to be anti-famous but I'll always volunteer for a chance to shoot the shit on skeptical/atheist topics.

If it relates to the history of FtB Drama, i'm almost completely ignorant, but if it's the content of their arguments, I'm game.

John D

Post by John D »

real horrorshow wrote:I did like one bit of Tibo's wibble though:

Damn, I was so busy hinting at Nietzsche I forgot to suggest that we might be francs-tireurs. Geddit eh? Please yerself!
Yes! I wanna be called a brigand. I remember this word from the original Dungeons and Dragons game (yes I am that old). A thief would be called different titles as they progressed. Something like... cutpurse, pickpocket,bandit, desperado, footpad, freebooter, highwayman, marauder, outlaw, pillager, pirate, robber. etc.

I suspect that anyone using the word brigand has been enjoying too many hours of role-playing games. Just a hunch... as he shouts "You shall not PASS!"

Reap

Post by Reap »

decius wrote:
Please, remind me which podcast you produce. To be clear, I'm not personally interested in being featured.

I'm hosting/co-hosting 4 different podcasts currently. The one I'm referring to here is The Angry Atheist podcast which for the record is not really about anger. It has it's moments though. No worries I'm not looking to force anyone into it. I have had several guests that have not wanted their names used for various reasons. I don't have a problem with that it's not a popularity contest, it's an attempt to show atheists as they are, real people.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
A Skype type arrangement would be ok for me, but to be honest, I have nothing of great interest to say, besides what I've said here before...

If I had a dime for every person who thought they had nothing of interest to say it would cover the cost of the podcast. We are supposed to be boring to ourselves, we spend all our time around us. It's people who never tire of themselves who are really boring...to me anyway. Add me on skype - reapsowradio1

Reap

Post by Reap »

SPACKlick wrote:I'm so not prominent as to be anti-famous but I'll always volunteer for a chance to shoot the shit on skeptical/atheist topics.

If it relates to the history of FtB Drama, i'm almost completely ignorant, but if it's the content of their arguments, I'm game.

Here's my email ourlord_darwin@yahoo.com I'm not looking for the most popular kids, they talk enough usually. It was fun having Bree Olson on though. Now I can watch porn and think "I did her.....interview"

Baron

Post by Baron »

Greta Christina promotes "Remove MRA Vacula petition"

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1450

Baron

Post by Baron »

User "skeptickle" just can't dissent, gets moderated.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Reap wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

If I had a dime for every person who thought they had nothing of interest to say it would cover the cost of the podcast. We are supposed to be boring to ourselves, we spend all our time around us. It's people who never tire of themselves who are really boring...to me anyway. Add me on skype - reapsowradio1
Pay no attention to what he says, Phil's a fucking ROCK STAR! I for one would be very interested to hear what he has to say, though to be honest he is probably the most UN-angry atheist I've come across.
The most interesting person on here though. as far as I'm concerned is ERV. I love to hear her speak.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Baron wrote:User "skeptickle" just can't dissent, gets moderated.
Fuckin hell! That was quick! One tentative venture that he thinks it might be a little like a witchunt, and insta-banned!
Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
John Greg wrote: Oh, and Jason (Fartytowels) Toiletbowl is ranting yet again about how truly eeevil we are, and yet again, as the master of Doublethink and Newspeak, ....
Ye Gods, that's an uninspired piece of lunacy. Still, at least Canuck didn't go full Carrier. To paraphrase Tropic Thunder - Never go full retar Carrier.

I don't credit Thimbledoo with enough intelligence to assume he's being ironic when he says this:
The bad guys don’t think they’re bad guys. They never do.
Still friends with Greg Laden, Jase?
Dang! Missed that point .... :-)
Be wary of posting on Thimbledoo's blog - the slimy little toad is known for being free with the email and IP addys of posters he dislikes: http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ion-queue/

However, as you can see, he has since retroactively removed the IP and email addys of the people showcased. Not because there's anything wrong with it, you understand, but because...well, people calling him out on it are are being annoying:
I’ve had a change of heart about this. I’ll delete the email addresses and IP addresses on this, not because there was anything wrong with my publishing them for the purposes of giving others the information so they could auto-moderate them themselves (that’s what you do with serial spammers!), but because it’ll get you assholes incapable of nuance off my damn back.
Though you can, apparently, email him personally, and he'll only be too happy to drop them dox for ya! (though I'm guessing only if you're the sort of person who meets his approval):
But I’ll tell you what. If any of you want to email me — via the email link which launches an email with my own personal email address on the right, just above where I said “I reserve the right to publish any email, especially if it’s hateful or ridiculous” — and asks for the information for moderating purposes, I will gladly give it all to you, no questions asked.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ment-76212

I never comment on Thimbledoo's blog, despite a massive thirst to troll the little bastard. I'm a peaceful man, but God, how I would love to bully Thimbledoo in real life.

cunt

Post by cunt »

lmao
Skep tickle, do you remember the conversation we had when you first posted here, the one about positive interactions and respecting other forum goers? Because you are doing things that are the opposite of those things.

Using terms like "witch hunt", downplaying a person's participation in a hate site (I'm talking about the slymepit; I will take your word about him not having contributed his article to AVfM), downplaying a person's posting of personal information to a hate site (that it's public is immaterial; he was drawing attention to it on a site full of people known to harass others), and trying to play "gotcha" instead of genuinely trying to clear up the concerns surrounding this issue are all indications of bad faith.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5vi1rPl8j1qzirci.gif

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

I see that Mallorie Nasrallah has signed the petition in support of Justin. No doubt she will be making another appearance as Witch Of The Week now.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Looks like her campaign based on nothing more substantial than chinese whispers hasn't been the great success vinegar-tits was hoping for. Obviously then, twitter people (rightly) thinking that she's an idiot will prove something.

Some good, pretty spot-on messages in there.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -petition/

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

cunt wrote:lmao
Skep tickle, do you remember the conversation we had when you first posted here, the one about positive interactions and respecting other forum goers? Because you are doing things that are the opposite of those things.

Using terms like "witch hunt", downplaying a person's participation in a hate site (I'm talking about the slymepit; I will take your word about him not having contributed his article to AVfM), downplaying a person's posting of personal information to a hate site (that it's public is immaterial; he was drawing attention to it on a site full of people known to harass others), and trying to play "gotcha" instead of genuinely trying to clear up the concerns surrounding this issue are all indications of bad faith.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5vi1rPl8j1qzirci.gif

Considering the charges, I'd love to see some evidence that anyone here has harassed squirrelly amy - or anyone else. I mean, real evidence, not a twitter conversation for cripesake.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

cunt wrote:Looks like her campaign based on nothing more substantial than chinese whispers hasn't been the great success vinegar-tits was hoping for. Obviously then, twitter people (rightly) thinking that she's an idiot will prove something.

Pretty much. I also have to say I didn't see the theatre masks at the top. They are fitting - tragedy and comedy together (although I didn't pay too much attention, I assumed they were the standard 2). Says it all.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

cunt wrote:Looks like her campaign based on nothing more substantial than chinese whispers hasn't been the great success vinegar-tits was hoping for. Obviously then, twitter people (rightly) thinking that she's an idiot will prove something.

I can't believe she thinks those messages show her in a good light. They really have a twisted view of things over there.
I see the Slimy Turd is putting his tuppence worth in on that thread. I like the way he calls us slimepitters on FfTB and them Baboons over here. He really is the slimiest shit in the bowl.

Baron

Post by Baron »

Sca pick "anti-woman leader" to PA - rebecca watson

http://skepchick.org/2012/10/secular-co ... nsylvania/

"Intense hatred of amy"

"Mens rights activist jv"

"Participated in gleeful bullying of jen"

"Posted addy on hate site"

"Says she brings harassment on herself"

"History of being agrresively antiwoman"

"I would never want to get involved in any way with justin vacula"

"Vacula actively driving women away"

"Utter dismissal of the concerns of feminists"

"Why does the sca dislike feminist secular activists in pa"

"Behavior that will actively drive progressive women away from the secular cause"

Git

Post by Git »

AndrewV69 wrote:I keep running into these references to PeeZuss and the baboons:

http://mu-warrior.blogspot.ca/2012/08/p ... demia.html
Academics, essentially, have become the High Priests in a new religion of political correctness. And like all groups who are rigidly attached to an orthodoxy, and have power, they use that power to stiffle dissent.
This goes to the nub of the matter. Skepchickism and A+ism aren't atheist movements, they're political movements. And political movements based solely on a particular segment of the American progressive left (a British or European socialist for example, and I know we have a fair few here, would and do laugh at them). They couldn't give a shit about atheism or lack-of-atheism really.

cunt

Post by cunt »

bhoytony wrote:

I can't believe she thinks those messages show her in a good light. They really have a twisted view of things over there.
I see the Slimy Turd is putting his tuppence worth in on that thread. I like the way he calls us slimepitters on FfTB and them Baboons over here. He really is the slimiest shit in the bowl.
He's "building bridges". Lets hope an I-beam falls on him.