Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Yes, childish, I know. But (and it's a big butt) I can see why she needs a first class seat if she's going to keep schlepping that tuchis onto the plane.
Raw cookie dough can be moulded into any rigid con-tainer.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:Yes, childish, I know. But (and it's a big butt) I can see why she needs a first class seat if she's going to keep schlepping that tuchis onto the plane.
Raw cookie dough can be moulded into any rigid con-tainer.
Maybe, but if I was unfortunate enough to be sitting near her, I prefer if she kept her seat, so to speak, to herself.

Is "con"-tainer a French pun?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

From the cesspit of lies:
There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, first, the person must prove that the statement was false [doable]. Second, the person must prove that the statement caused harm [let's see where it goes first, of course]. Third, the person must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement [doable]. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. For a celebrity or a public official, the person must prove the first three steps and that the statement was made with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth [more than doable]. Usually specifically referred to as "proving malice"
(brackets mine)
Is "con"-tainer a French pun?
I read it that way, and enjoyed it plentily!

AnonymousCowherd

Which reminds me. This is the kind of person who sues over libel (and he didn't say "jerk").

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Maybe, but if I was unfortunate enough to be sitting near her, I prefer if she kept her seat, so to speak, to herself.
Passengers on this flight may expect some turbulant oozage in the next leg.
AnonymousCowherd wrote:Is "con"-tainer a French pun?
A more general Romance-language pun but, like a leopard: well spotted.

(And thus is a girraffe known as a "cameleopard": a camel with reticulated¹ spots².)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:Smart women don't mourn the loss of their youth. What they get in return is far more valuable.
(I would never have believed this when I was young. not for a second).
It's true. As long as you're not in a panic, running away from aging (a losing battle), you can see things with a different outlook. In November, I'll be turning 50, something most women dread, yet I'm all happy due to it being a decade year, and therefore a landmark that I'm reaching. I've never understood fearing decade birthdays. When my mother turned 39, she stayed 39 for quite a few years, putting off that 40 by let's pretend.

sacha

Post by sacha »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:I can see why she needs a first class seat if she's going to keep schlepping that tuchis onto the plane.
hahaha!

in 5 years she will need two first class tickets.

I can't even imagine what she will look like in 10 years, and she still won't be as old as I am now.

She should not be the shape she is at her age (early 30s)

"the shape she is" is indeed what I meant to write.

not in the shape she is

It's not exactly her weight that I am referring to, it is the fact she has gone "pear shaped" in more ways than one.

It's something beyond the weight. It was obvious at her wedding. At first I thought she just chose a dress that was not flattering, then I thought it was the dress, and dreadful posture, then I realised it was not the dress at all. (noticing it wasn't a "chick thing", it was mentioned numerous times by both men and women.) It's odd, especially when one reminds themselves of her age. It would have been difficult to overlook.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Saint N. wrote:On an unrelated note, why does Watson's twitter pic look like she just got done violently stuffing her face into a cherry pie? No, I'm not making a fat joke, it's just an odd-looking choice of picture is all I'm saying.
I thought she was trying to look all stabbed and bloody or something. Weird. Maybe atheists are stabbing her "constantly" these days instead of sexually assaulting her "constantly".
:violence-blades:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:if I ever get even one mail or comment dismissing my work because of Myers' assertion that I'm an MRA, I will sue the shit out of him (PZ).
(how can I resist the temptation here? I can't.)

I am just commenting to tell you that I am dismissing your work, every bit of it, because PZ Myers says that you are an MRA.

*giggle*

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:... the statement was made with the intent to do harm or with reckless disregard for the truth
In my opinion, neither of these can be reasonably sustained, m'lud.
For, proving intent, (and "proving" is exactly the minimum that is required here), and proving "reckless disregard for the truth" requires a definition of "truth" that is beyond reasonable doubt.
I wonder how many of the 12 jury folk, good and true, here before the learned Judge, and before the most Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster above, are willing to swear that they alone are able to determine what constitutes absolute "truth", when countless Poets, Philosophers, Thinkers, Sages and Luminaries before them have abandoned such a foolish pretense in their collective & ancient wisdom?

I rest my case. M'lud.
(It is packed with heavy luggage for the next flight out of town. Just hope I don't get a "Beccy" flight. I don't want anything stolen.)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Re Twatson and stealing. If she were to decide to steal, she could probably steal quite a lot and not get caught. She is well trained in stage magician style sleight of hand. I think I read that she was doing street magician busking long ago as well.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Saint N. wrote:On an unrelated note, why does Watson's twitter pic look like she just got done violently stuffing her face into a cherry pie? No, I'm not making a fat joke, it's just an odd-looking choice of picture is all I'm saying.
I thought she was trying to look all stabbed and bloody or something. Weird. Maybe atheists are stabbing her "constantly" these days instead of sexually assaulting her "constantly".
My immediate thought was acne-pustules.
Now you can't view her ikon again in the same light!

AnonymousCowherd

John Greg wrote:Tuvok: "Scurvy Amy's reveal of ElevatorGate's real name...."

Huh? We now know who elevator guy is/was? Since when? Who is he?
EGate is a blog owner, EGuy remains vapourware.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:I think I read that she was doing street magician busking long ago as well.
You read well.
One of her only professional skills, (and I am not denigrating these general skills in the least), is that of street juggler/illusionist.
And props to her for acquiring that skill.
'Tis a pity that she presumes to present as a scientist/skeptic.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:
An artist painted the SGU podmembers portraits as if they were zombies. It makes sense for Bob Novella, who is a dedicated, passionate lover of Halloween. He apparently takes time off of work to create a haunted house every year, and it is not Surly Amy "Vagina Craft Time" artistic, his haunted houses are professional quality, and they are different every year. I think the zombie portrait for Bob is perfect. He loves it!
Why the rest portrayed as zombies? I can understand the confusion from those who do not listen to the podcast. Perhaps zombies are the artist's speciality.

Here is Bob Novella's portrait:
bob zombie.jpg
(68.89 KiB) Downloaded 331 times

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:if I ever get even one mail or comment dismissing my work because of Myers' assertion that I'm an MRA, I will sue the shit out of him (PZ).
(how can I resist the temptation here? I can't.)

I am just commenting to tell you that I am dismissing your work, every bit of it, because PZ Myers says that you are an MRA.

*giggle*
Yes Phil, previously I thought you a prince among men and was preparing to do a huge purchase of your records. But following eminent scientist PZ Myers revelation that you are an MRA, I have had to think of the children I will now shun you and your devil's music. You are nothing to me.

signed
Anonymous jerk on the internet.

AnonymousCowherd

Scented Nectar wrote:
I just assumed it was her rage empowering her to rip out and devour the still beating heart of the nearest MCP MRA sexist misogynist oh hell - male. Or whatever phantasy power trip she was on that day.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

sacha wrote: in 5 years she will need two first class tickets.
I can't even imagine what she will look like in 10 years, and she still won't be as old as I am now.
She should not be the shape she is at her age (early 30s)
"the shape she is" is indeed what I meant to write.
not in the shape she is
It's not exactly her weight that I am referring to, it is the fact she has gone "pear shaped" in more ways than one.
So as to not be off topic, here is a link to the music thread, and Eric Clapton singing the blues over Beccy:
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 355#p16355

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:Smart women don't mourn the loss of their youth. What they get in return is far more valuable.
(I would never have believed this when I was young. not for a second).
It's true. As long as you're not in a panic, running away from aging (a losing battle), you can see things with a different outlook. In November, I'll be turning 50, something most women dread, yet I'm all happy due to it being a decade year, and therefore a landmark that I'm reaching. I've never understood fearing decade birthdays. When my mother turned 39, she stayed 39 for quite a few years, putting off that 40 by let's pretend.
I know of a few unaffected "older" females, such as Jane Goodall (78!) whom I consider "sexy", because of her charm, intelligence, tenacity, and above all her lusciously charming accent.
Females such as Joanna Lumley I find repellent, because of their entirely lazy & artificial attempts by which which to stave off inevitable senility.
For males with any self-esteem, a confident, sane, adventurous, non-lazy¹ female is sexy, no matter what the vintage.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

mordacious1 wrote:
2. I think Justin will do a great job and is dedicated, again not any of the OB or black swan's business.
I agree with every bit of this, and I think Zvan's and Benson's kvetching about the SCA appointment just reveals how embittered they are and that their respective senses of self-importance are ridiculously inflated. They really do want to control conferences and organizations and speaking invitations for the entire atheists/skeptics community, and I think, as franc has pointed out many times, that their underhanded efforts and their hypocrisy should be documented and screencapped.

For all posteriority, in some cases.

Watson had a blog post on cycling and motorist-cyclist animosity recently - it wasn't a bad piece, and I agreed with much of it actually, but she does claim to bicycle a lot, which makes her shape somewhat surprising. She might be one of those unfortunates whose metabolism responds sluggishly to exercise, or she might be exaggerating the cycling, or maybe the amount of food and drink she consumes simply negates the beneficial effects of exercise. I don't really know ... I've never had a "job" that allowed me to keep my butt parked in a chair playing video games all day or in an airplane traveling to conferences.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
My immediate thought was acne-pustules.
Now you can't view her ikon again in the same light!
Rebecca "open weeping sores" Watson. Blech!!!! Guys, don't do that. :hand: :D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
I just assumed it was her rage empowering her to rip out and devour the still beating heart of the nearest MCP MRA sexist misogynist oh hell - male. Or whatever phantasy power trip she was on that day.
Could be, but I think she's also pre-smeared her face with magical feminist period blood to make herself look more fierce and crazed.
http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... mad-01.gif

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:Blech!!!!
Is that Yiddish, already?
Or have you been readin MAD magazines since childhood.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Blech!!!!
Is that Yiddish, already?
Or have you been readin MAD magazines since childhood.
Well, I do pronounce it with the yiddish hard "ch" sound, the one that sounds like someone getting ready to spit, but ALSO...

When I was a kid, my aunt asked me if I wanted the huge stack of MAD magazines that my older cousins either left behind or didn't want anymore. I read every single one, and started buying new ones every month, and I saw every single one of those mini cartoons hidden all over. I folded every back page into the new picture and saying it would create.

When Cracked magazine came out, I disliked them for trying to copy MAD's style, although their present day website is not like that at all.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:When I was a kid, my aunt asked me if I wanted the huge stack of MAD magazines that my older cousins either left behind or didn't want anymore. I read every single one, and started buying new ones every month, and I saw every single one of those mini cartoons hidden all over. I folded every back page into the new picture and saying it would create.
Ah, I spotted the mutual obsession!
Potrzebie?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Michael K Gray wrote: So as to not be off topic, here is a link to the music thread, and Eric Clapton singing the blues over Beccy:
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 355#p16355
MKG, (or anybody with the info) I'm having a lot of trouble viewing that Music thread as the embedded videos are sending my flashplayer plugin apeshit. It hogs all the memory and brings my laptop to it's knees. I've been using Firefox, so I tried it in Chrome, but still had the same problem. Any ideas? I stopped paying any attention to this sort of stuff a long time ago and now I seem to have reverted to a computer retard.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:When I was a kid, my aunt asked me if I wanted the huge stack of MAD magazines that my older cousins either left behind or didn't want anymore. I read every single one, and started buying new ones every month, and I saw every single one of those mini cartoons hidden all over. I folded every back page into the new picture and saying it would create.
Ah, I spotted the mutual obsession!
Potrzebie?
Pot what????

signed,
Confused :think:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:"Potrzebie?"
Pot what????
signed,
Confused
Potrzebie

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

bhoytony wrote:MKG, (or anybody with the info) I'm having a lot of trouble viewing that Music thread as the embedded videos are sending my flashplayer plugin apeshit. It hogs all the memory and brings my laptop to it's knees. I've been using Firefox, so I tried it in Chrome, but still had the same problem. Any ideas? I stopped paying any attention to this sort of stuff a long time ago and now I seem to have reverted to a computer retard.
What CPU does your machine have? (Celeron/Atom/etc)
What OS is it running? (iOS/Linux/WinXP/Win7/etc)?

Michael K Gray

Music Thread Cripples

Post by Michael K Gray »

Oh, and by the way, it is a fact of life that when one opens a page of a thread that has embedded videos encapsulated therein, one must wait until ALL of the videos have rendered their initial frames.
Every one of them.
And over a tardy connection, this can take some considerable time, maybe even resulting in a fault due to a "time out".
Is this connection speed perhaps a part of your problem with said thread?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Michael K Gray wrote: What CPU does your machine have? (Celeron/Atom/etc)
Celeron and Vista. I've got a pretty good broadband connection and even if I leave the page to load for a looong time it still hogs all the memory and I have to kill the plugin in order to do anything.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

bhoytony wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: What CPU does your machine have? (Celeron/Atom/etc)
Celeron and Vista. I've got a pretty good broadband connection and even if I leave the page to load for a looong time it still hogs all the memory and I have to kill the plugin in order to do anything.
It's the Celeron, I'm afraid, not the unfairly maligned Vista.
I have a similar aging notebook and, as the video is all handled by the the knobbled CPU, it ain't much chop.
Prolly nuttin U can do 'bout it, apart from acquire the patience of a Saint.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Michael K Gray wrote: It's the Celeron, I'm afraid, not the unfairly maligned Vista.
I have a similar aging notebook and, as the video is all handled by the the knobbled CPU, it ain't much chop.
Prolly nuttin U can do 'bout it, apart from acquire the patience of a Saint.
It's a bit strange I never used to have a problem. I spent a lot of time on Michael Messer's resonator guitar forum which has a similar music thread to ours and it worked fine. Maybe it's not up to running the latest upgrade for Flashplayer. I might try it on my netbook, but I've got it hooked up to my projector at the minute watching the football on a dodgy stream

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

bhoytony wrote:It's a bit strange I never used to have a problem. I spent a lot of time on Michael Messer's resonator guitar forum which has a similar music thread to ours and it worked fine.
I have quite the most massive beasty of a PC on the planet (as you might know) and it takes it's own damn good time to load the MUSIC thread here; with two high-speed broad-band lines.
Perhaps it is a flaw in the phpBB software that is disabling the cache facility of browsers?
Dunno.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Michael K Gray wrote: I have quite the most massive beasty of a PC on the planet (as you might know) and it takes it's own damn good time to load the MUSIC thread here; with two high-speed broad-band lines.
Perhaps it is a flaw in the phpBB software that is disabling the cache facility of browsers?
Dunno.
I'm about ready for a new laptop anyway. If I go to that thread it gets slower and slower and the memory gets eaten up until it nearly grinds to a halt.
Oh well, back to the footy.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

bhoytony wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: I have quite the most massive beasty of a PC on the planet (as you might know) and it takes it's own damn good time to load the MUSIC thread here; with two high-speed broad-band lines.
Dunno.
I'm about ready for a new laptop anyway. If I go to that thread it gets slower and slower and the memory gets eaten up until it nearly grinds to a halt.
Oh well, back to the footy.
Like youth, which is wasted on the young:- if I could offer you only one tip for the future:
When you purchase a new machine, ensure that you furnish it with as much RAM as it is able to harbour, irrespective of cost.

The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.
But trust me.
In 20 years from now you will look back amd wish that you had 24Gb of RAM.
Don't waste your life on jealosy.
If you succeed in this, then tell me how.

Dance the funky chicken.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Pot what????
signed,
Confused
Potrzebie
Totally missed it if there were any in the issues I had.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Pot what????
signed,
Confused
Potrzebie
Prolly not ancient enuf.
Potrzebie was a catchword back in the late 50s, early 60's, before "foldins" were a glint in the milkman's eye.
Although MAD paperbacks from that era are still on sale at some second-hand book stalls, and likely eBlech as well.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Pot what????
signed,
Confused
Potrzebie
Prolly not ancient enuf.
Potrzebie was a catchword back in the late 50s, early 60's, before "foldins" were a glint in the milkman's eye.
Although MAD paperbacks from that era are still on sale at some second-hand book stalls, and likely eBlech as well.
All the ones I had were foldins. I'd like to see them all re-released in some sort of e-version on dvd someday.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Flash should limit its memory allocation to a percentage, no matter what machine it's running on. Around 15-25%. If it's going higher than that then you have some sort of bug/compatibility issue with the plugin.

If you haven't kept it up to date, then upgrade. If you have, uninstall it and revert to a previous version. Music thread allocates around 500mb (out of 4gb) on my machine and works fine.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

MKG: Your simple request for evidence from Ed didn't seem to make it. I know the Baboons and their allies don't really like to back up their claims with evidence - it affects the narrative!

Anyway, my comment just got through. (capped just in case it goes down the memory hole)

http://i.imgur.com/seGYd.jpg

Anyway, yet again we see Ophelia crying like a baby about Vacula over the most trivial reasons, while she fully supports Laden.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Greg Laden with faulty womens' brains wrote:Now, why was Vacula appointed and who is responsible? Until these questions are very clearly and openly answered, the SCA will not have my support.
Well, I see something good has come out of Justin's appointment already.
sacha wrote: It's not exactly her weight that I am referring to, it is the fact she has gone "pear shaped" in more ways than one.

It's something beyond the weight. It was obvious at her wedding. At first I thought she just chose a dress that was not flattering, then I thought it was the dress, and dreadful posture, then I realised it was not the dress at all. (noticing it wasn't a "chick thing", it was mentioned numerous times by both men and women.) It's odd, especially when one reminds themselves of her age. It would have been difficult to overlook.
I always thought it obvious that Watson was towing along a massive arse. His name's PZ.

John D

Post by John D »

My suggestion to the group (at least to those who are US citizens). Please write a letter, or email to Secular Coalition for America and express your support. I have donate to this group for years and they are doing real work organizing a political movement in support of secularism. They are focused on keeping religion and the state separated. They are not Democrat or Republican. They are focused on a mission to strengthen secularism in the US and I think they are doing good work.

SCA are again being harassed by the baboons who are attacking Justin Vacula. We should show our dedication and support to SCA. I will email SCA today and tell them to stay above the petty attacks and that I support the appointment of Justin.

John D

Post by John D »

http://secular.org/contact

Send your emails of support for Edwin Rogers and Justin Vacula to SCA at the link above. I have been very impressed with the hard work Edwina has been doing for SCA in setting up local chapters and working at the Federal level. If you donate to SCA let them know. If you don't yet donate please consider your first time donation to show support.

Mister_Kolle

Post by Mister_Kolle »

John D wrote:http://secular.org/contact

Send your emails of support for Edwin Rogers and Justin Vacula to SCA at the link above. I have been very impressed with the hard work Edwina has been doing for SCA in setting up local chapters and working at the Federal level. If you donate to SCA let them know. If you don't yet donate please consider your first time donation to show support.
Edwina Rogers.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:I can not tell you how surprised I was to discover the "hook up" culture. It would have been so easy for me not notice it either.
What the hell is "hook up culture", anyway? Can anyone explain this for me? I feel like I should fit into the [Assumed, again, I have no idea. I've only head of this in passing, at it seems to refer to kids in my generation] age range [I'm 27] and, hell, I probably do, but it's as if I've missed the memo........ Or this another one of those things, like "Patriarchy", where I'm supposed to be a privileged member of society, but I'm so deep inside that I just can't see it? :think:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

JackRayner wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I can not tell you how surprised I was to discover the "hook up" culture. It would have been so easy for me not notice it either.
What the hell is "hook up culture", anyway? Can anyone explain this for me? I feel like I should fit into the [Assumed, again, I have no idea. I've only head of this in passing, at it seems to refer to kids in my generation] age range [I'm 27] and, hell, I probably do, but it's as if I've missed the memo........ Or this another one of those things, like "Patriarchy", where I'm supposed to be a privileged member of society, but I'm so deep inside that I just can't see it? :think:
My introduction to "hook up" culture was when I was invited to socialize with a bunch of young people (long story) and took them up on it. They were all younger than you BTW, I judge the eldest were around 22-23.

We would met up at a bar downtown Toronto which had a dance floor. One of the girls asked me if I was going to dance after some of them went on to the floor, and I said yes under the mistaken impression that she was inviting me to dance with her. Well, to my surprise they were not dancing with a specific person, but as a group, and people joined and left the group at random.

Over the course of several events, and by observing and listening to them, I was also startled to discover that they would pair up seemingly at random for sex. None of them "dated". They just socialized and when the mood struck, a couple of them would leave together.

I never saw the same combination more than a couple of times. At the time I could not figure out how they determined who they were going to sleep with, and for all I know I had offers I was blind to (I am a bit of an aspie) but the whole thing was casual, no judgement whatsoever. If you did not feel like dancing no one seemed to mind, same if you got blotto or just drank water the whole night.

I was in my early 40s at the time, and the experience was an eye-opener. I had never met a more non-judgemental set of people like them before in my life. My first clue should have been that they would have invited someone nearly twice their age to socialize with them in public in the first place.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Could be, but I think she's also pre-smeared her face with magical feminist period blood to make herself look more fierce and crazed.
http://www.scentednectar.com/sneerfacto ... mad-01.gif
Apoplexy, I think:
ap•o•plex•y (p-plks)
n.
1. Sudden impairment of neurological function, especially that resulting from a cerebral hemorrhage; a stroke.
2. A sudden effusion of blood into an organ or tissue.

from Greek apopl xi , from apopl ssein, apopl g-, to cripple by a stroke : apo-, intensive pref.; see apo- + pl ssein, to strike;
Entirely consistent with her Tweet about GalileoGate .... the perils of letting rage get the better of us ... but the photo may be her penance ....
http://i48.tinypic.com/34s2ctv.png

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

BREAKING NEWS

Stefunny InZvanity has now started a petition to have Justin Vacula removed from the SCA.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... coalition/

and

link: http://www.change.org/petitions/secular ... ter-of-sca

Jesus, these people really are mentally unsound and emotionally unblanced.

:popcorn:

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

John Greg wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Stefunny InZvanity has now started a petition to have Justin Vacula removed from the SCA.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... coalition/

and

link: http://www.change.org/petitions/secular ... ter-of-sca

Jesus, these people really are mentally unsound and emotionally unblanced.

:popcorn:
Serves Justin right, as far as I am concerned. Who does he think he is going out and flaunting his getting-off-his-ass-going-out-into-a-hostile-environment-and-doing-real-activism privilege?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Lulz at the first comment I found on that petition page:
Baldy Laden, Trailer City, Antarctica 1 minute ago Liked0
Coz I'm an idiot too
Ok, who was it? Own up!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Lulz at the first comment I found on that petition page:
Coz I'm an idiot too
Ok, who was it? Own up!
I wish I could say (truthfully) that I had – in part because it would be proof that I had managed to buy a sense of humour .... ;-)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

This is the same stefunny who ranted about the petition to have watson removed from the podcast as misogyny and bullying lol.

We all know in actuallity it is stefanny and her moron friends at ftb who engage in the real, savage underhand games and tactics to destroy people, whilst wailing out the faux narrative of victimhood. Followed by a troop of idiots who repeat their bullshit, like justin doc dropping, whilst completely ignoring real doc dropping and worse. Fox news fans have a better sense of reality, logic, and balance, than the fuckwits who pronounce themselves atheist skeptics of the ftb flavour.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

This is the same stefunny who ranted about the petition to have watson removed from the podcast as misogyny and bullying lol.

We all know in actuallity it is stefanny and her moron friends at ftb who engage in the real, savage underhand games and tactics to destroy people, whilst wailing out the faux narrative of victimhood. Followed by a troop of idiots who repeat their bullshit, like justin doc dropping, whilst completely ignoring real doc dropping and worse. Fox news fans have a better sense of reality, logic, and balance, than the fuckwits who pronounce themselves atheist skeptics of the ftb flavour.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
My introduction to "hook up" culture was when I was invited to socialize with a bunch of young people (long story) and took them up on it. They were all younger than you BTW, I judge the eldest were around 22-23.

We would met up at a bar downtown Toronto which had a dance floor. One of the girls asked me if I was going to dance after some of them went on to the floor, and I said yes under the mistaken impression that she was inviting me to dance with her. Well, to my surprise they were not dancing with a specific person, but as a group, and people joined and left the group at random.

Over the course of several events, and by observing and listening to them, I was also startled to discover that they would pair up seemingly at random for sex. None of them "dated". They just socialized and when the mood struck, a couple of them would leave together.

I never saw the same combination more than a couple of times. At the time I could not figure out how they determined who they were going to sleep with, and for all I know I had offers I was blind to (I am a bit of an aspie) but the whole thing was casual, no judgement whatsoever. If you did not feel like dancing no one seemed to mind, same if you got blotto or just drank water the whole night.
Oh... That! :whistle: I just call that hanging out, getting drunk/high, and hooking up with the first person that gives you a boner/gets you wet. No clubs or dancing necessary!

Joking aside though, and being that I'm one of those people that rejects the majority of statements that begin with "back in the day", I don't believe that this is anything new. [Not implying that you were claiming such. It's how I see the alarmists presenting it often though...] This type of "scene" or "culture" has always been around, whether we were privy to it or not. And now that I think a little further, it's probably not age dependent either. The last time I paired up in such an arbitrary [as in, everything beyond physical attraction is inconsequential] manner, the woman was ten years my senior.

Something I've noticed, from time spent around such groups, is that there's kind of an unspoken rule against the use of shaming tactics commonly seen in society at large. None of this "I licked this piece of candy first so it's mine" kind of stuff. Inclusion to such a relaxed group [Weren't always hook ups. Sometimes you'd just make out, or engage in some lesser form of intimate contact. The conversation was always fun too.] seemed more important than having someone all to yourself. Some are less than fine and dandy about seeing someone they're interested in take interest in, and become momentarily involved with someone else, but they kinda know that they'll stop being invited to hang out if they air their displeasure. Sure, there were some hurt feelings here and there, [and there was nothing "egalitarian" about who got action, personal choice was very much in effect] and it would be the type of "secret" that everyone in the group knew, but it was something individuals were left to deal with on their own...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sent a quick mail to SCA. I know it probably won't help, but that's all I can do:
Dear SCA.

First of all, I am sorry I never donated, as I was not aware of your organization before, and live in France.

I would like to congratulate you on the election of Justin Vacula for Pennsylvania state. You have elected a very able, charismatic, and overall sweet person. He will do you good.

I would urge you not to pay attention to his detractors, a currently "fringe" group of obsessed, paranoid bloggers. They are loud, but as the saying goes: a dog that barks doesnt bite.

Anyway, congratulations on the new addition. I'm sure Justin will do tremendous work for SCA.

All the best.

Phil Giordana, Nice, France.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Lulz at the first comment I found on that petition page:
Coz I'm an idiot too
Ok, who was it? Own up!
I wish I could say (truthfully) that I had – in part because it would be proof that I had managed to buy a sense of humour .... ;-)
Steers, always take my comments tongue in cheek...:D

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JackRayner wrote: Oh... That! :whistle: I just call that hanging out, getting drunk/high, and hooking up with the first person that gives you a boner/gets you wet. No clubs or dancing necessary!

Joking aside though, and being that I'm one of those people that rejects the majority of statements that begin with "back in the day", I don't believe that this is anything new. [Not implying that you were claiming such. It's how I see the alarmists presenting it often though...] This type of "scene" or "culture" has always been around, whether we were privy to it or not. And now that I think a little further, it's probably not age dependent either. The last time I paired up in such an arbitrary [as in, everything beyond physical attraction is inconsequential] manner, the woman was ten years my senior.

Something I've noticed, from time spent around such groups, is that there's kind of an unspoken rule against the use of shaming tactics commonly seen in society at large. None of this "I licked this piece of candy first so it's mine" kind of stuff. Inclusion to such a relaxed group [Weren't always hook ups. Sometimes you'd just make out, or engage in some lesser form of intimate contact. The conversation was always fun too.] seemed more important than having someone all to yourself. Some are less than fine and dandy about seeing someone they're interested in take interest in, and become momentarily involved with someone else, but they kinda know that they'll stop being invited to hang out if they air their displeasure. Sure, there were some hurt feelings here and there, [and there was nothing "egalitarian" about who got action, personal choice was very much in effect] and it would be the type of "secret" that everyone in the group knew, but it was something individuals were left to deal with on their own...
Why, after reading what I wrote, am I getting this "No, duh!" type of feeling? This wasn't too much of a totally fucking obvious contribution, was it? :?

I think I need to get out more...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Sad times over at FfTB: Meyers has just posted the news that he is disabling comments on his YouTube videos. Instead, he is going to invite people to follow a link back to his blog to comment on the stories there.

Fuck! Have we damaged the poor old crank's credibility and viewership to the point where he's realized that YT commenters are actually on an intellectual level with The Horde?

Hehe! Poor old cunt.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Sad times over at FfTB: Meyers has just posted the news that he is disabling comments on his YouTube videos. Instead, he is going to invite people to follow a link back to his blog to comment on the stories there.

Fuck! Have we damaged the poor old crank's credibility and viewership to the point where he's realized that YT commenters are actually on an intellectual level with The Horde?

Hehe! Poor old cunt.
Probably needs the money these views of his site will generate. Times are hard over at FfTB