Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
cunt

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by cunt »

Am I the only one actually wearing their panties. FFS.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

The Pelagic Argosy wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Um, I'm not wearing any either. :P
Don't get a chill, girl! :lol:
It's alright. Flannel pajamas are keeping me from getting a frigid pussy, er, I mean a cold pussy. :lol:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

cunt wrote:Am I the only one actually wearing their panties. FFS.
Are you on your period and need the panties so that the pads have something to attach to?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

cunt wrote:Am I the only one actually wearing their panties. FFS.
Whose? Dude, creepy...

:D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Spence wrote:
mickeycheese.gif
(With notpologies to drimble at b3ta. Hell, so many others have stolen this I figured one more time wouldn't matter)
And all this time I thought it had something to do with bacterias and gases. They must hire mice of varying sizes.

sacha

bot removal

Post by sacha »

bot's account and posts have been removed. I saved a copy of the entire page where his posts were, and a screen shot of the two posts, and have recorded his user name and email address.

here is a copy of the 2 posts:
bot posts.jpg
(60.6 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
How is it that the blond (without panties) had no problem sorting this?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:I'm online via the phone. I'll have a look when I'm with the computer.
Yay! And everything they say about blonds is a lie!
SHHHHHH

Don't EVER say that again.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Steersman wrote: And she apparently corrected the mistake about Galileo “within minutes” of having posted the offending YouTube video.

She may well have more than a few “sins” to “atone” for, but making mountains out of molehills doesn’t seem to reflect terribly well on those doing so. Particularly in comparison to some of the rather more egregious cases in this neck of the woods, notably WoolyBumblebee’s plagiarism ....
The time to correct this is minutes before posting it (or otherwise making a public goose of yourself), not later, after your friends point out that you've made a huge floater.
So. You’re infallible then and never make any mistakes? Cool – sounds like a real privilege. But a great many of the rest of us have to kind of shoot from the hip now and again and then correct our aims afterwards through apologies and the like ....
And what the hell do Wooly's actions have to do with Becky's?
“People who live in glass houses ....”; “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam [log] that is in thine own eye?” ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
sacha wrote:I'm online via the phone. I'll have a look when I'm with the computer.
Yay! And everything they say about blonds is a lie!
SHHHHHH

Don't EVER say that again.
Ah, no wonder you have an interest in camouflage clothing, panties apparently excluded ... ;-)

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:Argghhh... http://www.skepticon.org/schedule/ has (vague) workshops! I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about it. Didn't we talk about those things last week or something? :shock:
Weren't you talking about those "workshops" in those old school womyn's dos that you used to go to? I hate to see a perfectly practical and useful word like "workshop" abused in this way—not to mention the abuse of the word "work" itself (although I guess "shop" fits if there is a sulkyramics stall or such involved). I suppose the "work" in "workshop" is the same word that the likes of Prunella and Gen. McWrong use in regard to their daily pottering on the internet (in between the highs and lows of doing little happy dances and bouts of weeping).
Don't forget "Angry Vagina Craft Time" workshop

Trigger Warning - photo of Jen McCreight with her angry vagina:
http://greylining.files.wordpress.com/2 ... vagina.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

This is feminism:
angry.jpg
(95.47 KiB) Downloaded 499 times

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Dick Strawkins wrote:What was the point of that post by Chris Clarke?
I thought he was brought on board by Peezuz to write some more environmentally orientated articles. This current one is like PZ-lite on social justice warrior mode. He complains about MRAs not recognizing evidence and neglects to add any evidence of his own to the entire post. I guess it was more a rant about MRAs in general but it's a silly idea to complain about others not accepting evidence when all you are offering yourself is a whiney anecdote.
It's been my theory from day one that his purpose is to act as a carbon-offsetting mechanism for PZ's air travel to conferences. The A+theism environmentalism platform isn't very convincing at the moment.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

sacha wrote:

:lol:

If they way Dan Savage describes his aversion to vagina is any indication, then this might be how he sees them.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Since this Chris Clark seems to write just like PZ, maybe he could do a little ghost writing so PZ's vapourware book could finally get released.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

sacha wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Argghhh... http://www.skepticon.org/schedule/ has (vague) workshops! I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about it. Didn't we talk about those things last week or something? :shock:
Weren't you talking about those "workshops" in those old school womyn's dos that you used to go to? I hate to see a perfectly practical and useful word like "workshop" abused in this way—not to mention the abuse of the word "work" itself (although I guess "shop" fits if there is a sulkyramics stall or such involved). I suppose the "work" in "workshop" is the same word that the likes of Prunella and Gen. McWrong use in regard to their daily pottering on the internet (in between the highs and lows of doing little happy dances and bouts of weeping).

An 'angry vagina workshop'. Seriously? I could understand if it was an angry vagina conference, but what does it have to do with atheism/skepticism? Maybe Jenny's next big event will be Cunt-quake.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

barkbarkwoof wrote:The raw data for the National Crime Victimization Survey are available via NACJD. The raw set breaks down rape vs. sexual assault into separate variables.

In the DS4 incident data set, V4094 records rape, V4095 records attempted rape and V4096 records sexual assault. V4241 and V4256 can be used to crosstab to find rapes perpetrated by attackers unknown to the victim.

Unfortunately, downloading the data requires registration, the DS4 data set is 50MB, and the survey is weighted. Calculating the rate of stranger rape from the data available is nontrivial and would require either access to statistics software ($$$$$) or a spreadsheet and a fair bit of skill.
Thanks muchly for the link and the data sets to download.

Out of curiosity though, or as a point of reference: what do you mean by “weighted” in that case? Some extrapolations or assumptions made? Any indications as to exactly how they are weighted?

Thanks.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Michael K Gray wrote:
franc wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Steersman, oh my Steersman:
Buy a sense of humour.
I uncollapse a comment every now and then to see if I overreacted hiding it all. I didn't.
We share the exact same reactions to the flatigious[sic], nugatory, uropygic, fatuous, tedious turd-polishing dullard.
Awww .... I love you and your writing too, Michael. ;-) Know what I mean; know what I mean; say no more; say no more ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:This is feminism:
angry.jpg
“Every place of refuge has its price” ....

Post by Guest »

CreepyBitterGrrl puts the menz in their place.

[youtube]IuEFAO5pKJw[/youtube]

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Silverman is getting a bit of hassle on Twitter because of this pic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3L0Mr4CcAEinc3.jpg

I wonder what the Baboons and A+ wankstains will make of it?

Post by Guest »

Steersman wrote:Out of curiosity though, or as a point of reference: what do you mean by “weighted” in that case? Some extrapolations or assumptions made? Any indications as to exactly how they are weighted?
Weighted sampling is a statistical technique used to compensate for non random sampling within a survey. Sample weights must be taken into account when analyzing a weighted survey or the results will be meaningless.

In this case, the dataset states that 17 out of 570 respondents report having been raped but the rate of rape is not 17/570 =~ 2.9% because that calculation implicitly assumes that all 570 responses are of equal weight (equally important). Getting the correct result means either doing stats math that's above my education or using a tool, such as SPSS, that can handle weighting automatically. The weight of every sample must be considered to get the right answer.

The survey documentation goes into detail about how the samples are weighted and which variables are used to find each sample weight.

Anyone with either a better stats background or access to stats software can figure this out but it's not trivial to do without either.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

MISOGYNY –The Religious Right and Military Medicine; Rape and the Military Abortion Ban
http://www.genderratic.com/p/2027/misog ... an-2[quote]
Well, we all know where this comes from. This comes from exactly the same place the anti-gay policies and even the supposed mitigation, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, come from – the insistence of some civilians to make the military dance to their religious tune. [/quote]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

windy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:18 am
Steersman wrote:
Bitchspot wrote:Recently, Rebecca Watson posted a select few “threats” on her blog, yet when you really look at them, they’re certainly no worse than the Atheism+’ers themselves do over on their forums and blogs. The majority are simply “you ought to get raped” comments, which, while vile, are certainly not threats that said individual has any intention of actually raping the recipient. See “trolls” above. In fact, there’s this absurd thing that went around their forums where they told people to “go die in a fire” or “have a dead porcupine shoved up their ass”, and in both cases, the Atheism+ crowd denied they were threats because they weren’t specifically saying they were personally going to do anything to the individual, nor were they encouraging anyone else specifically to do anything to the individual. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, so if it’s not a threat when the Atheism+ group does it, it’s not a threat when someone does it toward an Atheism+ member.
Although, of course, Wowbagger got into deep shit with the “fire” “threat” and had to apologize which he commendably did. And even PZ is not immune to belatedly recognizing some writing on the wall in now deprecating porcupine “jokes” – better late than never and all that even if he’s clearer on the letter of the law than the principle.
Are you really that naïve or is it an act? This retconning of the atheist blogosphere is not "better" at all and allows the spiral of stupid to go on indefinitely:
"Anyone who would say/condone X is a horrible hater with nothing positive to contribute!"
"But wait, didn't you say/condone something very similar to X not so long ago?"
(skip a few rounds of denial/excuse)
"Well it turns out I did, but that was not my finest hour / I'm not proud of that / aren't I awesome for admitting it!"
Weak.
“Retconning”? Well, that’s a new one for me.

However, I think your “narrative” is the one that is “weak” and limiting as there are other alternatives. For instance, I would amend your last “scene” as follows – more or less what I had in mind in the first place:
"Well it turns out I did, but that was not my finest hour / I'm not proud of that / Yes, that was rather hypocritical of me to criticize you for doing the same thing I was doing. Maybe we can agree that it is not appropriate for either of us to do that and that we should focus only on the logic and evidence for our respective positions." [cue the celestial choir singing kumbaya; fade to white ...]
Seems to me that the search for common ground – both having made an error in judgement in this case – is likely to bear more fruit than the “did too; did not”, egos-out-of-control type scenario you apparently envision ....

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

barkbarkwoof wrote:Calculating the rate of stranger rape from the data available is nontrivial and would require either access to statistics software ($$$$$) or a spreadsheet and a fair bit of skill.
Statistics software is not necessarilly $$$$. R is absolutely free. I've never used it, though.

Thanks to Spence for proving my approximation from before. I had a more elegant proof, of course, but it wouldn't fit in the margins...
also, I guess if I'd specified that n is a positive integer and x is a probability this thread would be about 5 posts shorter.

John D

Post by John D »

From PZs dungeon:
John D One of those obtuse MRA assholes; too stupid to tolerate.
Hey PZ you asshat fuckwad! I didn't even know what an MRA was when you accused me of being one. Your baboons called me a rapist, child abuser, wife abuser, and misogynist when I made a civil comment. I didn't swear or personally attack anyone and when I tried to defend myself with a rebuttal you banned me.

Hate you for-fucking-ever! You do not own atheism. I will do whatever I can to show everyone what an ass and a moron you are... FOR MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE!

(PS - this in not a threat of violence and I will not send you threats or emails of animals fucking or anything. In fact, I will not even tell your boss what a douche you are... even though this is what you do to other people. It will all be online and open and I will always simply be John D.)

Love

John D.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Michael K Gray wrote:
windy wrote:Are you really that naïve or is it an act? This retconning of the atheist blogosphere is not "better" at all and allows the spiral of stupid to go on indefinitely:

"Anyone who would say/condone X is a horrible hater with nothing positive to contribute!"
"But wait, didn't you say/condone something very similar to X not so long ago?"
(skip a few rounds of denial/excuse)
"Well it turns out I did, but that was not my finest hour / I'm not proud of that / aren't I awesome for admitting it!"

Weak.
Apparently, Hitler was forced to say that he "sort-of" regretted some of the excesses of the Holocaust.
So that's alright then by Steersman?
Apart from being the leading contender for this week’s Godwin Awards, it should be obvious, at least to those not committed to the same agenda, that there’s just a small amount of disparity between the elements of your own “parallel-logic” analogy: X [“go die in a fire”; “have a porcupine shoved up your ass”; "too ugly to be raped"; "if I were a woman, I'd kick you in the cunt"] = “The Holocaust”. Don’t know about the others here, but that really doesn’t work for me ....
Fuck me with a fish-fork.
Kinky; get many to take you up on your offer? ....

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

xjustos2 wrote:<stupid shit deleted>
This is your last chance, as I write this. Any more posts of this nature and you will have your very own thread to post in (see the already created place, "The Sweaty Balls of Nostradamus" and nowhere else.

You are being boring...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:From PZs dungeon:
... Hate you for-fucking-ever! You do not own atheism. ...
Don’t get mad; get even ....

John D

Post by John D »

Steersman wrote:
PZ is an attention whore and a believer in an impossible utopia. He is like the Ophra Winfrey and Doctor Oz of atheism. He is a destructive, abusive, hypocritical, loose cannon and he is the antithesis of what I find to be great in most other atheists. I can think of no person better to revile (other than Ophelia Benson... haha)

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Guest wrote:CreepyBitterGrrl puts the menz in their place.

[youtube]IuEFAO5pKJw[/youtube]
What's that bit about plastic bags? (@0:59) I know I'm missing something there...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

JackRayner wrote:
Guest wrote:CreepyBitterGrrl puts the menz in their place.

Video:IuEFAO5pKJw
What's that bit about plastic bags? (@0:59) I know I'm missing something there...
Drugs?? ....

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

disumbrationist wrote:
barkbarkwoof wrote:Calculating the rate of stranger rape from the data available is nontrivial and would require either access to statistics software ($$$$$) or a spreadsheet and a fair bit of skill.
Statistics software is not necessarily $$$$. R is absolutely free. I've never used it, though.
Thanks for the link; probably more complicated than I’m able to manage or is justified by what I want to use it for, but maybe later ...
also, I guess if I'd specified that n is a positive integer and x is a probability this thread would be about 5 posts shorter.
For those who hadn’t hidden the relevant posts, the context should have made that evident ...

About 6 posts shorter .... :-)

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

AndrewV69 wrote:MISOGYNY –The Religious Right and Military Medicine; Rape and the Military Abortion Ban
http://www.genderratic.com/p/2027/misog ... an-2[quote]
Well, we all know where this comes from. This comes from exactly the same place the anti-gay policies and even the supposed mitigation, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, come from – the insistence of some civilians to make the military dance to their religious tune.
[/quote]

The theists have a nice grip on the military. "God, Country, Corps" is what I heard plenty during my time in. If DADT got overturned, I don't see why this wouldn't be though. This being a health care issue, it's really up to the civilian leadership. What control does the lay service person have over their healthcare options? Not enough to paint them as misogynists, or responsible for this policy...

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Silverman is getting a bit of hassle on Twitter because of this pic.

Got a link? I wanna see. :popcorn:

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

JackRayner wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Silverman is getting a bit of hassle on Twitter because of this pic.

Got a link? I wanna see. :popcorn:
I'm interested in this too.

Really, I'm dismayed by the cowardly responses coming from people over the Muslim uprising instigated by this crappy movie. Attacks on free speech for the appeasement of murderers have to met head on, I'm sick of the bullshit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Steersman wrote:
PZ is an attention whore and a believer in an impossible utopia. He is like the Ophra Winfrey and Doctor Oz of atheism. He is a destructive, abusive, hypocritical, loose cannon and he is the antithesis of what I find to be great in most other atheists. I can think of no person better to revile (other than Ophelia Benson... haha)
I would certainly be sympathetic to the argument that at least PZ has lost the thread – something that Dick Strawkins agrees with in pointing to a credible post by Myers some time ago. Although his “our people” has a faint whiff of “let my people go” ....

And even Benson has her moments in rallying the troops against the rather egregious depredations of the religious, although I think she has a number of quite problematic blind spots on the topics of feminism and language, but none of us are perfect, are without "clay feet" of our own ....

sacha

Post by sacha »

And Dawkins tweeted this:

‏@RichardDawkins
Moving pictures of decent Muslims apologising for the attack on US consulate in Libya. Well done. http://bit.ly/PcvRrE

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

I was moved too by those pictures of decent Libyans. There is hope after all.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ERV wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:Bot alert.
Uh oh, this looks like a valid spam deletion. I'll have to figure out how to do it.
I can't figure out how to delete the 2 spam posts, and I can't figure out how to disable that spambot user from further posts.

If Abbie or Sacha can figure it out, that would be great. I think I'm a little too scared to fuck with things in the administration panel. I clicked onto different tabs, but couldn't find anything from glancing at those.
Dont look at me!
http://anongallery.org/img/4/3/i-have-n ... -doing.jpg
LOL!
I leave you fuckers in charge for two minutes, and male spammers come in and jizz all over the place? Incompetent vagifers!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: bot removal

Post by Lsuoma »

sacha wrote:bot's account and posts have been removed. I saved a copy of the entire page where his posts were, and a screen shot of the two posts, and have recorded his user name and email address.

here is a copy of the 2 posts:
bot posts.jpg
How is it that the blond (without panties) had no problem sorting this?
All right, then, perhaps you do know something...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steersman wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Steersman wrote: And she apparently corrected the mistake about Galileo “within minutes” of having posted the offending YouTube video.

She may well have more than a few “sins” to “atone” for, but making mountains out of molehills doesn’t seem to reflect terribly well on those doing so. Particularly in comparison to some of the rather more egregious cases in this neck of the woods, notably WoolyBumblebee’s plagiarism ....
The time to correct this is minutes before posting it (or otherwise making a public goose of yourself), not later, after your friends point out that you've made a huge floater.
So. You’re infallible then and never make any mistakes? Cool – sounds like a real privilege. But a great many of the rest of us have to kind of shoot from the hip now and again and then correct our aims afterwards through apologies and the like ....
“People who live in glass houses ....”; “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam [log] that is in thine own eye?” ....
Back on the ignore list........

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

In case nobody has seen this...

Post by Lsuoma »

Vagina Dentata...

[youtube]SKgBTaLKR84[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

franc wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:09 am
AnonymousCowherd wrote:

This is fucking bullshit and why you are a sophist waste of skin Steersman. You simply don't want to look anything up for yourself and point blank accept baboon apologetics as gospel.
How do you get “point blank accept” when I explicitly said “she apparently corrected the mistake ... within minutes”, i.e., “appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming”. You might want to read my posts a little closer, and/or check the dictionary more frequently, and then “put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion” ...
In this case believing Becky's blog - the babblings of a proven chronic liar and criminal sociopath.
You, perchance, have a psychiatry degree or a photocopy of that assessment from one? Links to chapter and verse proving that case beyond a shadow of a doubt? As the mantra frequently used by skeptics has it, those making the claims have to provide the evidence. Unless maybe you too think that our justice system should be changed to “guilty until proven innocent” – and by the defendant to boot ....
She did not correct it in "minutes" - but after a few weeks of laughter as the community slowly discovered her mindless, uneducated, ill-read stupidity. She eventually owned up to being an abject moron, because it could no longer be dismissed or laughed off, and only then corrected it - then blogged about how "cruel" people like us are and how much we exaggerate to pick on her over trivia. She added that she corrected "minutes" later precisely for uncritical, propaganda eating buffoons like you.
Once again, it is you making that claim and you’re the one who has to provide the evidence – not me, not anyone else. If you actually have any of that – and aren’t just blowing smoke out of your arse – then I’ll certainly consider calling Watson on that in that post of hers – providing that Amy hasn’t blocked me at the same time as she deleted some of my posts in that dog-and-pony thread of hers. But you could presumably have done that yourself as I at least have posted links to Watson’s article and quoted from it several times over the last couple of months.

Although maybe you missed them because you had your head in the sand, sorry, because of your filter. I wonder whether you realize how ridiculous that is and how similar it is to the behaviour of religious fundamentalists: because you don’t see something that means it doesn’t exist nor does the audience and their reactions to that “policy”? ....
Why are you here? You have no interest in reality and are too fucking lazy to fire up a search engine and research your own questions.
I thought I might get an unbiased view here on a number of topics which, while generally the case, certainly isn’t entirely so. Again: your claim; you have to provide the evidence. I generally have other fish to fry and don’t have a lot of time to waste on the claims of those who wish to be coy about them or play games with them. Rather than wasting the time of both of us, not to mention those of the audience who might be interested in the credibility of those posting here, you could have used my “apparently” as a teaching moment to provide the relevant links to further discredit Watson. Instead of playing the victim, the put-upon “keeper of the faith” ....

franc

Post by franc »

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Big trouble in my neck of the woods...

'Around the 13th of September 2012. Freethoughtblogs posted this article , referring to a comments by a commentariat member named 'trinioler' also know as Justin Trinioler, Scribe for the A+ movement. http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... oler-said/

At the time I did not know that it referred to us. Through some odd circumstances I found out own Zena Ryder recently responded to said article, so I can only guess that it is about our local CFI. http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -responds/

So I did a little google-fu and with some backchannel help I found out who 'trinioler' is...our very own Tyler Liang. In this link you will find Tyler's connected with 'trinioler' in the email address. The google search for 'trinolier' only turns up two pages of results, a pittance by google standards. I don't think that it is too much of a stretch to think the two are somehow connected. http://osdir.com/ml/python-pygame/2009-10/msg00020.html

How does everyone feel about being blatantly misrepresented like that? Unfortunately, I am not surprised a such underhanded tactics.'

This little shit has been manufacturing non-troversy for over a year. I am stoked to finally catch him in the act. He has been outed. Booyah!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Big trouble in my neck of the woods...

'Around the 13th of September 2012. Freethoughtblogs posted this article , referring to a comments by a commentariat member named 'trinioler' also know as Justin Trinioler, Scribe for the A+ movement. http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... oler-said/

At the time I did not know that it referred to us. Through some odd circumstances I found out own Zena Ryder recently responded to said article, so I can only guess that it is about our local CFI. http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -responds/

So I did a little google-fu and with some backchannel help I found out who 'trinioler' is...our very own Tyler Liang. In this link you will find Tyler's connected with 'trinioler' in the email address. The google search for 'trinolier' only turns up two pages of results, a pittance by google standards. I don't think that it is too much of a stretch to think the two are somehow connected. http://osdir.com/ml/python-pygame/2009-10/msg00020.html

How does everyone feel about being blatantly misrepresented like that? Unfortunately, I am not surprised a such underhanded tactics.'

This little shit has been manufacturing non-troversy for over a year. I am stoked to finally catch him in the act. He has been outed. Booyah!
We get blamed for everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they accuse us of the Libyan attack, the bombing of the World Trade Center, and even the crusades (bet you thought I'd go for the Holocaust - well, Ophie might). Who is Tyler Lang, and why should we care what he does? He doesn't represent anyone here, I mean - if he did something shitty, then bad on him, but we don't even need anything to happen to get blamed. Aunt Ophie will go to the grave screaming about MRAs and kicks to the cunt, and will continue to do so even if we were completely vindicated in the eyes of everyone else. I didn't read any of the links, so I can't make any comment on what this kid did. I did see Ophies post, and if he did anything with CFI I could care less - they don't represent me or want atheists like myself in their organization, so I return the favor by ignoring them.

Sorry if this seems a bit short - I'm currently feeling lousy and in the can thanks to (I hope) switching meds for my acid reflux, debating if I need to use yet another sick day and push my test review (and test) back a day for my kids.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

No ETA, but if he did do something horrible and you did catch him at it, then I do have to say good job on that. Don't count on getting any accolades from the FftBunch, although if you post stuff here, they are guaranteed to get the info - unless they got it from you already, that is.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

[youtube]L_1WzR9zBm8[/youtube]

Spence

Post by Spence »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Spence wrote:
mickeycheese.gif
And all this time I thought it had something to do with bacterias and gases. They must hire mice of varying sizes.
And where in the world is the best place to find cheesy bacteria?

(OMFG I can't believe I just said that. I feel sick now :puke-huge: )

windy

Post by windy »

Mr Danksworth wrote: I don't think that it is too much of a stretch to think the two are somehow connected.
Sounds like a dishonest little ass, but why do you need to post his (suspected) real name for that? That's FfTB crap.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag anyway despite the attempts to edit out the group's name from B&W...

Spence

Post by Spence »

Mr Danksworth wrote:This little shit has been manufacturing non-troversy for over a year. I am stoked to finally catch him in the act. He has been outed. Booyah!
The weird thing is that Benson's post that you linked to (here) complains that the community has divided in a way that she didn't want to happen, and that is somehow proof that the divisiveness of the baboons was necessary. (Oh and of course blames the slymepit for it all, while at the same time calling for more divisiveness)

Guess that must be something to do with the parallel logic she's been smoking.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Big trouble in my neck of the woods...

At the time I did not know that it referred to us. Through some odd circumstances I found out own Zena Ryder recently responded to said article, so I can only guess that it is about our local CFI. http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -responds/ ....
Not quite sure that it was a wise idea to have outed trinioler- assuming that that is the case, particularly considering the flack that Justin Vacula took just for posting Surly Amy’s address.
Not quite sure what you’re referring to there with that “blatantly misrepresented”, but maybe it’s related to this post by notanasshole:
Let’s refresh our memories about what, exactly, “trinioler said”.
Okay, so, people believe that the slyme pitters are just trolls on “the internet”. Well, disabuse yourselves of that notion.
Apart from being a little obscure – are all of the “slyme pitters” engaged in nefarious, fifth-column activities in other spheres of influence? – was that some sort of accusation that one of those spheres included that CFI branch which was being subjected to a full-court press of harassment by the entire brigade of said pitters? [How come I didn’t get an invitation?]

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I think, although I might be mistaken, that Mr Danksworth was quoting someone. There are those apostrophes at the beginning and end of the chapter.

A little aside: I think Franc may have to call Randi and collect his prize. Prescience from February 2011:

http://greylining.com/2011/02/21/the-ag ... coherence/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I think, although I might be mistaken, that Mr Danksworth was quoting someone. There are those apostrophes at the beginning and end of the chapter.

A little aside: I think Franc may have to call Randi and collect his prize. Prescience from February 2011:

http://greylining.com/2011/02/21/the-ag ... coherence/
Was certainly a little vague as to who he was quoting if that was the case. And there was no source provided.

Interesting article by franc, this in particular leaping out at me:
Nor do I think Plait ever considered that in the space of 31 minutes and 7 seconds he effectively undid what precious little was left of the great Age of Enlightenment Freethought / Humanist legacy. In one swoop, the new paradigm became that:
  • yes, people do have the right to not be offended,
    yes, people do have the right to expect that you will curtail your language and temper your opinions for the sake of their precious and sacrosanct “feelings”, and
    conversely, you have forfeited all of your rights to demand outrageous statements be supported by empirical
evidence if it’s going to upset anyone.
Though one might point out that franc was somewhat reluctant to provide evidence for his claim about Watson’s “minutes” comment ...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote: *snip*

Though one might point out that franc was somewhat reluctant to provide evidence for his claim about Watson’s “minutes” comment ...
Maybe this could be of some help? I will have to go back up the thread to be sure what you are talking about. Please keep in mind that you are on Franc's ignore list, so he may not read your requests for evidence.

http://greylining.com/2011/09/27/rebecc ... d-galileo/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Maybe this could be of some help? I will have to go back up the thread to be sure what you are talking about. Please keep in mind that you are on Franc's ignore list, so he may not read your requests for evidence.

Thanks for the link to the other Grey Lining post. However still doesn’t look like a smoking gun to me. The upload date on the YouTube video in Watson’s post [September 29, 2011] shows September 9, 2011, but I can’t view it at the moment [have to install a newer version of Flash Player and running out of time] so I can’t determine whether she might have actually changed it “within minutes” as she is claiming and as franc is disputing ...

Though I wasn’t really expecting much of a response from him – it was just a bit of a friendly needle aimed in his direction ... :-)

But time to call it a day; night all ...

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

He can do what everyone else here does - pull his fucking finger out and look up the fucking evidence himself instead of waiting for it to be hand delivered on a silver spoon. Not like any of it is secret or hard to find.

Beyond belief that this peabrain presents blogs from Skepchick as "evidence".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

What I remember is we all had a few good laughs about the Galileo stuff for a couple of weeks before the retraction came out. Investigating the ERV archives might help solve the "issue", but personaly, I don't give a flying rat's ass.

Post by guest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:What I remember is we all had a few good laughs about the Galileo stuff for a couple of weeks before the retraction came out. Investigating the ERV archives might help solve the "issue", but personaly, I don't give a flying rat's ass.
It's all a bit of nonsense anyway.
Who the hell seriously believes that Rebecca Watson is any sort of expert on religion or science. She is bound to get things wrong. She is also stubborn and arrogant and will try to avoid giving the impression that she is fallible - but she's hardly the only one like this, it's common across the skeptical community, on both sides (although one would have to admit a certain concentration of it eminating from the Minessota mafia - Peezus, Laden and Svan).
Move on and look for something serious to get worked up about.

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:What I remember is we all had a few good laughs about the Galileo stuff for a couple of weeks before the retraction came out. Investigating the ERV archives might help solve the "issue", but personaly, I don't give a flying rat's ass.
It did take weeks. And the admission of error was only made grudgingly as a last resort. But of course that's all a big fat lie - the real truth is what Steersman presented here: the Skepchick blog version, which is guaranteed truthful, error free, never based on anecdote and so unquestionable that getting a second reference to support it is only for losers (and also insulting to people's intelligence).