Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Joseph Porter, KCB

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Joseph Porter, KCB »

Bhurzum wrote:The latest Sparkyfister video.

[youtube]_-GwoaEEbpg[/youtube]
He makes some very trenchant points, he's delightfully deadpan, and I enjoy listening to him, but he's hard to listen to: his diction repeatedly moves from crisp to mush-mouth and back.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
One of us, one of us, gooble-gobba, one of us.
Oh come on, what's wrong with you people? Can't we have some good wholesome entertainment?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Call me when you are on a gurney with a BP of 215/115 being pumped up with enough Ativan to kill livestock just so you don't stroke out, listening to the sweet swan song of some doomed dude with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, totally catheterized and diapered and strapped down screaming straight from the brain stem because that shit just doesn't work on him anymore and he's now lead tenor in his own personal opera based on a Hieronymus Bosch painting.
My personal best was 160/116. It felt like my head was two pints of blood forced into a quarter-pint balloon, then taken down to 200m under the sea. A bit like amyl nitrate, but with all the fun removed because you're aware that you're one sneeze away from your brain turning into uncooked blood sausage.
What? Sign this release form? Sure!

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1365/squiggle.jpg

Anything else I can do for you, toots?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:And the author does make some good points even if I think he extends too far on some of them and, in the end, goes so far off the rails that he reads like some crazy guy who bought land along the Rogue River to make a bunker and is living off the grid while waiting for the fall of civilization...
When you come begging for one of my cans of Spam, we'll see who's the crazy one.

spiffigt

Post by spiffigt »

Mykeru wrote:
Call me when you are on a gurney with a BP of 215/115 being pumped up with enough Ativan to kill livestock just so you don't stroke out, listening to the sweet swan song of some doomed dude with Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, totally catheterized and diapered and strapped down screaming straight from the brain stem because that shit just doesn't work on him anymore and he's now lead tenor in his own personal opera based on a Hieronymus Bosch painting.
My personal best was 160/116. It felt like my head was two pints of blood forced into a quarter-pint balloon, then taken down to 200m under the sea. A bit like amyl nitrate, but with all the fun removed because you're aware that you're one sneeze away from your brain turning into uncooked blood sausage.
I feel like such an amateur... or perhaps just lucky.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Joseph Porter, KCB wrote:He makes some very trenchant points, he's delightfully deadpan, and I enjoy listening to him, but he's hard to listen to: his diction repeatedly moves from crisp to mush-mouth and back.
Yeah, his audio quality tends to fluctuate quite wildly. I've been subscribed to him for a while now so don't really struggle to understand him. If you like Sparky, you might also like 6oodfella, a fellow (West coaster) Scot with a particularly acidic approach to the whole SJW thing.

[youtube]hbjrocMgwpI[/youtube]

The above video is part of a series but is not indicative of his usual stuff. Check him out, you might enjoy his channel.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

spiffigt wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
I feel like such an amateur... or perhaps just lucky.
No, lucky is if Becky and the Skepticon shot brigade can get a group rate.

But seriously, folks...let me take it down a notch here (can I get some mood lighting?) Being an alkie isn't defined by how much you drink, or the dumb shit you do when you drink, it's when you don't want to drink but, physiologically speaking, you can't stop.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb14 ... earInn.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Marketing. Nothing more. In fact, being me, I would categorize it as a cynical exercise in rebranding. I'm sure in whatever meeting they came up with that, the terms "synergy" and phrases like "moving forward" (instead of "in the future") were casually tossed out.

Why do we need "Blocks for Girls"? Can't genders use the same fucking set? Are default building sets patriarchical? Or is it just to buy one set of old patriarchy blocks for your boy and then Girl Blocks for your girl? Isn't this going to enforce the idea that there are distinct gender magisteria as they grown up? To not work and play together? In thirty years will either boy or girl blocks be a trigger?

And what's with this precious shit?

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/me ... e_blox.PNG

Can't we just get girls a good old-fashioned erector set?

Oh, wait. Yeah. Fuck that.
This was the exact 'too girly' stuff I tried to avoid for the girls when I bought them all those 'neutral' or 'boys' toys. Sadly, they other ideas and they both went down the girly-path of sparkle shoes, Barbies, My Little Pony, Hello Kitty, dolls, Littlest Petshop, Polly Locket, etc... And pink, pink, pink...

Thank god for Legos, though. They loved those Legos. They made doll houses. But at least they weren't pink and light-blue like all that Barbie crap..

I was so happy when the turned 13-years-old and suddenly veered into "I want black..."
Went to see CATCHING FIRE yesterday. In line in front of us were two c. 10-11 yo girls so excited that they were dancing, and had one of their moms take a picture of them in front of the movie poster. Both were dressed head-to-toe in pink. I'm thinking Katniss Everdeen is serving as a fine, strong, independent, empowering female role model who kicks major league ass. I hope they both get pink bows & arrows for christmas.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Oh yeah, cunt's alright - once he's cleaned the sand out of his snatch. Speaking of which, I think it's that time again.

As for Avicenna, I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. Right now I'm way too tired to do a proper rebuttal. An official warning for having an opinion? Fuck me. :snooty:

Apples

Post by Apples »

James Caruthers wrote:You would think that if he were that busy in a critical part of the world, he'd be saying things like "well, this three-page argument on my blog about Richard Sanderson's Twitter has been fun guys, but I've got a 12-hour shift of treating people in the ICU coming up, and after that it's straight to bed. Then I have another shift. So I won't be back for at least three days."
As LurkBoatsman said, the simplest, most charitable explanation is probably that he turned out to be well enough to go, went, and then came back. In the 'seizure on the train post' he describes himself as being "on the train back home." Is there anything in the intervening posts that is technically incompatible with his having made the trip to the Philippines?

He does tweet, on the 14th:
All that said, I agree it's pretty sad that his arriving as a medic in one of the biggest disaster zones in recent years would yield one post attracting four comments, with no followup, and no tweets. I guess he's been too busy saving the world from the depradations of Pitchguest and Franc - I mean Felch - Grogan to give insight into the biggest humanitarian story of the year besides, perhaps, Syria.

IOW, the best reason to think he's being perfectly above-board is that he is an absolutely shite and useless blogger, writer, and communicator.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Pitchguest wrote:Oh yeah, cunt's alright - once he's cleaned the sand out of his snatch. Speaking of which, I think it's that time again.

As for Avicenna, I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. Right now I'm way too tired to do a proper rebuttal. An official warning for having an opinion? Fuck me. :snooty:
If he blocks your reply, I'll post it at Atheism Neat.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Apples wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:You would think that if he were that busy in a critical part of the world, he'd be saying things like "well, this three-page argument on my blog about Richard Sanderson's Twitter has been fun guys, but I've got a 12-hour shift of treating people in the ICU coming up, and after that it's straight to bed. Then I have another shift. So I won't be back for at least three days."
As LurkBoatsman said, the simplest, most charitable explanation is probably that he turned out to be well enough to go, went, and then came back. In the 'seizure on the train post' he describes himself as being "on the train back home." Is there anything in the intervening posts that is technically incompatible with his having made the trip to the Philippines?

He does tweet, on the 14th:
All that said, I agree it's pretty sad that his arriving as a medic in one of the biggest disaster zones in recent years would yield one post attracting four comments, with no followup, and no tweets. I guess he's been too busy saving the world from the depradations of Pitchguest and Franc - I mean Felch - Grogan to give insight into the biggest humanitarian story of the year besides, perhaps, Syria.

IOW, the best reason to think he's being perfectly above-board is that he is an absolutely shite and useless blogger, writer, and communicator.
So, basically, what a more in depth analysis of Avicenna is when he is doing 'great humanitarian works' he gets virtually nothing from either the commentariat or shows much interest in as a blogger. But he can give Pitchguest the Yellow Card and otherwise drop 15 posts of poorly written horseshit on the Internet...

Fuck me, but he's making himself pretty much worthless as anything but a target for derision by his own actions.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Sweating and shaking after 4 or 5 hours without a drink was a pretty good sign for me.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, Service Dog, if you ever post anything like the Twerky Turkey again, expect to have your image rights REVOKED!
Just out of curiosity, there was something wrong with that GIF? Some attempt at “IP harvesting”?

Otherwise, while there might be some similarity with that “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” GIF, the publishing of which I was throwing a few stones at, it seems there are a few important differences. Although I’m not sure how relevant and applicable they are.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

I think if there was a problem with twerky turkey it would be disappeared.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Service Dog wrote:
Impressive. Most impressive.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I suspect that twerky turkey hurt Lsuoma's delicate sensibilities.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

A Miley fanboy perhaps

Apples

Post by Apples »

another lurker wrote:I suspect that twerky turkey hurt Lsuoma's delicate sensibilities.
:) yeah, the tit is such a brittle flower. I'm gonna throw out some bayesian intellectual artillery here and say that Lsuoma was being ... um ... how do you say ... sarcastic. I don't think the Dawg is actually in any danger of having his image peaches frozen.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ianfc wrote:A Miley fanboy perhaps
I always saw him as more One Direction myself...

(ducks and hides) :lol:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Was the fascist tit serious? Where's Caine Dick Strawkins with his rules reminder? :lol:
I seriously doubt if Lsuoma was serious. I always pictured him as the kind of guy who could watch a goatse video on repeat while eating sushi.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Apples wrote:
another lurker wrote:I suspect that twerky turkey hurt Lsuoma's delicate sensibilities.
:) yeah, the tit is such a brittle flower. I'm gonna throw out some bayesian intellectual artillery here and say that Lsuoma was being ... um ... how do you say ... sarcastic. I don't think the Dawg is actually in any danger of having his image peaches frozen.
Delicate sensibilities is a euphemism for penis. Twerky Turkey is just too damn sexy. If you know what I mean.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Apples wrote:
The only real question is how often Lsuoma beat off to it.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, Service Dog, if you ever post anything like the Twerky Turkey again, expect to have your image rights REVOKED!
SD certainly has a talent for the icky, had to dodge this one too, after each reload of the page. ;)

Rope apologist

Post by Rope apologist »

Mykeru wrote:
Apples wrote:
And the one question we were carefully avoiding.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Rope apologist wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Apples wrote:
We had better be careful. Random 'pitters reading this might get PTSD.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Mykeru wrote:
Apples wrote:
On it, or in it?

Mmmm.... Chicken Kiev.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

another lurker wrote:
Rope apologist wrote:
Mykeru wrote: The only real question is how often Lsuoma beat off to it.
We had better be careful. Random 'pitters reading this might get PTSD.
Hey, mentioning PTSD triggered my PTSD! I'd say post a trigger warning, but trigger warnings trigger me! I must write fifty blog posts about it immediately!

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Badger3k wrote: Hey, mentioning PTSD triggered my PTSD! I'd say post a trigger warning, but trigger warnings trigger me! I must write fifty blog posts about it immediately!
Fucking faker! Everyone knows you only get PTSD on Twitter!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dogen wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Apples wrote: :) yeah, the tit is such a brittle flower. I'm gonna throw out some bayesian intellectual artillery here and say that Lsuoma was being ... um ... how do you say ... sarcastic. I don't think the Dawg is actually in any danger of having his image peaches frozen.
On it, or in it?

Mmmm.... Chicken Kiev.
Chicken Lsuoma, with the special creamy white sauce!!!

Post by Guest »

A Voice for Men publishes an article debunking the myth of patriarchal oppression in Iran.
http://www.avoiceformen.com/gynocentris ... on-in-iran

Fine skeptics there eat it up, no questions asked, even though the author never once mentions anything about Islam or the ruling mullahs. The stories we hear from Iran are all just feminist Propaganda. Feminists hiding the truth.
Wow. Just wow. Almost speechless here. I have been waiting for this article for years.

Truly outstanding! Only at AVFM will you ever see something like this published. So proud to be a part of this!

Wow. What an article. The plight of men and boys goes invisible in yet another country. But it seems especially invisible in Iran. What privilege the women get. Damn. How could feminists ever try to spin that? This is hard to believe.

This is one of the most important article so far, IMHO.

Thank you for the poignant examples of sexism against men and the pernicious influences of feminism in Iran – this article has shined a spotlight on the facts that feminists in the West have hidden.

I have long suspected the patriarchal strongholds painted by feminists were mirages. Iran, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Mongolia, etc. when you look closely at the responsibilities of the sexes in these countries it becomes apparent that women are much more priviliged than the men.

Thank you Ali , a real myth buster of an article, looking forward to more details on the situation in Iran.
Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Guest wrote:A Voice for Men publishes an article debunking the myth of patriarchal oppression in Iran.

Fine skeptics there eat it up, no questions asked, even though the author never once mentions anything about Islam or the ruling mullahs. The stories we hear from Iran are all just feminist Propaganda. Feminists hiding the truth.
Wow. Just wow. Almost speechless here. I have been waiting for this article for years.

Truly outstanding! Only at AVFM will you ever see something like this published. So proud to be a part of this!

Wow. What an article. The plight of men and boys goes invisible in yet another country. But it seems especially invisible in Iran. What privilege the women get. Damn. How could feminists ever try to spin that? This is hard to believe.

Thank you for the poignant examples of sexism against men and the pernicious influences of feminism in Iran – this article has shined a spotlight on the facts that feminists in the West have hidden.

I have long suspected the patriarchal strongholds painted by feminists were mirages. Iran, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Mongolia, etc. when you look closely at the responsibilities of the sexes in these countries it becomes apparent that women are much more priviliged than the men.

Thank you Ali , a real myth buster of an article, looking forward to more details on the situation in Iran.
The quote there sounds vaguely sarcastic. But who knows right?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Mykeru wrote:
Apples wrote:
The correct phrase for a chick like Lsuoma is "how often Lsuoma flicked her bean to it".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Just cleaning my temp file folder and came across this picture I downloaded in 2010 off PZ's site.

Why? Because I kind of liked it.

Wonder if the post is still there now!

http://i.imgur.com/CeVXx3U.jpg

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

“♫ These nips were made for pokin’,
and that’s just what they’ll do.
One of these days these nips are gonna
poke right into you.♫ “

Just thought I'd share this. For no apparent reason.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:
Badger3k wrote: Hey, mentioning PTSD triggered my PTSD! I'd say post a trigger warning, but trigger warnings trigger me! I must write fifty blog posts about it immediately!
Fucking faker! Everyone knows you only get PTSD on Twitter!
Not true, you can get PTSD from people talking about getting PTSD - I heard it on the internet, so it must be true. I'm also dating a French model.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Brive1987 wrote:Just cleaning my temp file folder and came across this picture I downloaded in 2010 off PZ's site.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... ofile-pic/

Kareem

Post by Kareem »

Brive1987 wrote:Just cleaning my temp file folder and came across this picture I downloaded in 2010 off PZ's site.

I expect a cephalopod to come forward any day now with a story about a certain skeptic pouring wine in it's tank.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

ERV wrote:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010 ... ofile-pic/
Hey thanks. The comments remind me of a time when a form of sanity reigned there.

"Is there no depravity to which Pharingula won't descend?"
PZ: "No"

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Guest wrote:A Voice for Men publishes an article debunking the myth of patriarchal oppression in Iran.

Yes, I remember after my being declared apostate, gender traitor and feminist stooge by Paul Elam, some random AVfM fat fucking frustrated self-fellating neckbeard douche-airships full of angst, grievance and aerosol egg-sandwich hot air commenters expressed how just so very disappointed they were in me.

Outrageous.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Brive1987 wrote: Hey thanks. The comments remind me of a time when a form of sanity reigned there.

I notice that he still referred to his wife as Trophy Wife back then - before, of course, he moved to FreethoughtBlogs and remembered that he has been an ardent feminist since the age of 15.
:roll:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Mykeru wrote:

Yes, I remember after my being declared apostate, gender traitor and feminist stooge by Paul Elam, some random AVfM fat fucking frustrated self-fellating neckbeard douche-airships full of angst, grievance and aerosol egg-sandwich hot air commenters expressed how just so very disappointed they were in me.

Outrageous.
Funny how both extremes are basically the same.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

The correct phrase for a chick like Lsuoma is "how often Lsuoma flicked her bean to it".
Insert picture of Chyna's 'roid-zitted three-inch man clit here.

Go ahead. Click it. You know you want to, you sick fucks.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kareem wrote:

I expect a cephalopod to come forward any day now with a story about a certain skeptic pouring wine in it's tank.
Morbo will store this in his sac for future digestion.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... /Morbo.png

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Sulman wrote:
Funny how both extremes are basically the same.
And pointing that out will get you screeching bookends of contemptuous NAFALT/NAMGTOW outrage.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Gumby wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Hey thanks. The comments remind me of a time when a form of sanity reigned there.

I notice that he still referred to his wife as Trophy Wife back then - before, of course, he moved to FreethoughtBlogs and remembered that he has been an ardent feminist since the age of 15.
:roll:
Was this the post that established PZ's octo-porn fetish, or just another day in the office?

I note both Nerd and Josh comment-fapped in their own rather pathetic way.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Groan.

I read through the article. It gives extensive citations, but I haven't checked each citation and thus cannot comment as to the veracity of those sources. I will say, however, that some of the inserted statistics were irrelevant ideological pandering and served no point. The percentage of men raped is actually irrelevant until you find a way of separating male-on-male rape from female-on-male rape for the purpose of the argument this fellow was making. If men are going around raping young boys (and I have heard of this happening in the United Arab Emirates), then it actually plays into *patriarchy theory* more so than the article's argument. Percentages divested of context are meaningless. The punishment for homosexuality can likewise be linked to feminist ideas of "patriarchy" or even religious fundamentalist ideas. There's no particular reason to latch onto "gynocentrism" as the cause for mistreatment of gay men in Iran or any other majority Muslim country.

As an argument against mainstream media portrayals of the middle east, well fine. I am sure things are very different from how the news portrays them. But I have known a woman who had a twin married to a Saudi man. Her twin sister lived in Saudi Arabia and she could not smoke in public, drive or go around without head coverings. There were other rules she had to follow. I do not think this lady went around feeling oppressed 24/7, because she loved her family, but it was certainly a culture shock and one she did not like. I would even go so far as to call Saudi Arabian laws regarding women patriarchal. Yes, I will take that bold position.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:Steersman:

I set you straight over at Avicenna's

http://i.imgur.com/GvNGtwV.jpg

;)

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ent-209597
:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

acathode

Post by acathode »

Sulman wrote:Funny how both extremes are basically the same.
Yeah, it's pretty sad to see all the crazies, on both sides, shitting all over their "movements", burying the valid points that both MRAs and feminists actually have under a thick layer of stinking manure. Eventually I think they'll manage to drive all sane people away from both the movements... but then I guess the crazies will just jump ship and start calling themselves egalitarians... and then proceed to shit all over that too.

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
Just out of curiosity, there was something wrong with that GIF? Some attempt at “IP harvesting”?

Otherwise, while there might be some similarity with that “Zvan-Laden sex tapes” GIF, the publishing of which I was throwing a few stones at, it seems there are a few important differences. Although I’m not sure how relevant and applicable they are.
it was a joke. both the gif and the comment from the fascist tit.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
Steersman wrote:

it was a joke. both the gif and the comment from the fascist tit.
I got that from SD's post, but Lsuoma's? Maybe like Benson's "ironic" use of "prick"? Without some sort of "tell" it seems a bit of stretch to expect everyone to get that.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Without some sort of "tell" it seems a bit of stretch to expect everyone to get that.
Not if you think of Lsuoma as a horndog first, and a mod second.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

;)

Saw it and responded, although I sort of missed the sarcasm, the smiley, as I had other irons in the fire. Although "surgical use of professional writing skills" should have been sufficient if I had been paying that much attention .... ;-)

But, as mentioned, the problem seems to be less a question of "writing skills", which generally seem quite good, than one of comprehending the nature and use of analogies.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
Without some sort of "tell" it seems a bit of stretch to expect everyone to get that.
Ah, guess that's where I went off the rails then ... :-)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote:
I'm a very visual person, so I'm stuck thinking of Lsuoma actually as a klinefelter totalitarian dictator with breast implants.

Manley

Post by Manley »

SJW article from huffpo commented by 6oodfella :
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaminah-k ... 27969.html

[youtube]GScTL2L-PsE[/youtube]

About the author of the article:
Aaminah Khan, a.k.a. jaythenerdkid, is a refugee support worker, writer and some-time human rights activist living in North Queensland. Her greatest accomplishments include quitting medical school and getting Richard Dawkins to block her during a Twitter debate./…/
:shock:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Mykeru wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:
As someone who drinks a lot. I tend to agree. I once heard someone say you weren't an alcoholic until you started waking up and regretting the things you did while drunk. I can honestly say that has never happened to me in my life. My parents? Alcoholics. They'd get pissed, start to scream at eachother, break shit in the house, and traumatize the kids. Me? I get pissed, laugh at stupid jokes, play airplane with my nephew, go home, have drunken sex, and go to sleep. Level of inebriation is exactly the same. End result couldn't be more different.
No, as someone who used to drink a lot and now doesn't, no thanks to Bill Wilson and his brain-dead minions, I can tell you you're not an alcoholic until you wake up and say "mmghfx..fuck this hangover" and head for the fridge hoping there's some beer, vodka or nail polish remover left. For the third straight day. That you've kept track of.

People like Becca who brag about their boozing: Fucking amateurs.

Then we'll talk.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Skepticon high school " I was soooo wasted" six pack antics.
Sounds just like me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:

;)

Saw it and responded, although I sort of missed the sarcasm, the smiley, as I had other irons in the fire. Although "surgical use of professional writing skills" should have been sufficient if I had been paying that much attention .... ;-)

But, as mentioned, the problem seems to be less a question of "writing skills", which generally seem quite good, than one of comprehending the nature and use of analogies.
Sarcasm is such a harsh word. I was trolling them by (gently) trolling you. Of course by comparing the women to the 1936 Jew shaming Jews she was placing them in a nazi context (albeit indirectly). But I find it amazing she not only Godwined but also Jew victim blamed. Quote a good effort.

The quote I supplied is real of course. I'm on iPhone so probably easier to google it. It shows a remarkable mental disorganisation as she back pedalled while avoiding blame. I think she will escape your cluches though since her analogy had the nazis one step removed in her narrative. Ie"Where did I specifically say nazi?"

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'd love to see Benson go on a, say, Tutsi forum and explain how western women are oppressed.