Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
spiffigt
.
.
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20641

Post by spiffigt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Apples wrote:
spiffigt wrote:
Apples wrote:In Chris Clarke's "pity-me" post he claims to own one pair of socks.
That's more than a lot of people in this harsh world. He needs to check his privilege.
Actually, you're right, given that he also says he spends $40 a month on "mental-health related beer and tacos" plus whatever he has to do to support his methylphenidate addiction.

Also - "I've always been indolent. I've always hated work unless I actually wanted to do it, which has been less frequent than my past employers would have liked."

Um - and this post is supposed to motivate me to help you pay your bills with money that I earned by doing work that I didn't actually want to do?
:violin:
If you put it like this - I would rather throw my (hard earned) cash down a manhole than help people who don't want to work. And that's no bull.

Sarlug

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20642

Post by Sarlug » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
Hi oolon.

:hankey:
And in case you were serious, stop thinking about 'sides'.
Think instead about actions that are consistent with scientific skepticism. Anyone can behave in ways that are better or worse in this regard - it just so happens that Peezus and his sycophants have created such a web of lies to try to support their narrative that skepticism is really a distant memory to them.
Of course DJ Grothe and Dawkins can also behave in non skeptical ways (like hiring that PETA looney as communications director of the JREF!) but they, at least, seem to regard skepticism as a good objective to aim for.
Right, my bad. Dawkins and Groethe at least try, which is more than one can say for Myers et. ass. Expecting perfection out of everyone and everything leads to misery.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20643

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Pogsurf wrote:
welch wrote: Like everything, the trigger warning started out as a good idea and was turned to shit.

For example, if you're going to do a discussion of say...Ted Bundy, and you're going to be going into detail on his crimes, and have various kinds of morbid pictures of his victims or what have you, then the idea was, you warn people that you're going to be talking about and showing some pretty heavy stuff, so if that kind of thing really bothers them, they'd be forewarned and could then take the action they felt was appropriate for them.

Reasonable right? Give people a warning about stuff that most could see as potentially causing some bad reactions.

Fast forward, and now, you basically can't talk about anything without a fucking trigger warning, and it has no goddamned meaning anymore.
I can see two fairly obvious drawbacks to trigger warnings. The first is if you were raped, and the word 'rape' triggers you, then "Trigger warning: rape" will be the thing that triggers you. ie the trigger warning itself is triggering, referred to obliquely in Jan's original joke.

The second is that if when you were raped and the rapist was wearing Brut aftershave, it maybe things like 'Brut' or 'aftershave' that triggers you. That is the triggers might be contained within the whole gamut of otherwise mundane things which no other commentator could reasonably conceive of as triggering.

If trigger warnings were a real thing, somebody somewhere would have written a book or a scientific paper telling people what works best or how to construct them in an effective way. The more I look into it, the more I think trigger warnings are pure woo.

I always looked at them, when properly used, as a courtesy. "Hey, this is going to get heavy in this area. If that's a problem, I'm giving you a heads up". They're not supposed to have some kind of super trauma avoidance power. It's kind of like apologizing if you accidentally sneeze on someone. Just a bit of courtesy, nothing more.

ROBOKiTTY
.
.
Posts: 1224
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20644

Post by ROBOKiTTY » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
The stated goal of their actions has a point. If you look at what Atheism+ is supposed to be about (minus all the divisive language), it sounds like something most reasonable skeptics would support. Publicly, they're all about basic human decency, equality, inclusiveness, and other laudable ideals. I suspect 99% of pitters in fact support those things. But once you examine how the SJWs go about their online business, you see they are toxic people who are doing the very opposite of what would foster their stated ideals.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20645

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
if you stop thinking about things in terms of sides and groups, it gets easier. I don't think Harris is a bad guy or a stupid one. Clearly, he's not. But I think in this one instance, he has a bit of a blind spot and is kind of defensive about it. That doesn't say anything about him or anyone else other than that.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20646

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Apples wrote:
spiffigt wrote:
Apples wrote:In Chris Clarke's "pity-me" post he claims to own one pair of socks.
That's more than a lot of people in this harsh world. He needs to check his privilege.
Actually, you're right, given that he also says he spends $40 a month on "mental-health related beer and tacos" plus whatever he has to do to support his methylphenidate addiction.

Also - "I've always been indolent. I've always hated work unless I actually wanted to do it, which has been less frequent than my past employers would have liked."

Um - and this post is supposed to motivate me to help you pay your bills with money that I earned by doing work that I didn't actually want to do?
Seriously. I didn't WANT to have an extra job and go to school full time while I was in the military. But that's what I had to do to get the things done I wanted to. So I sucked it up and didn't sleep a lot. If I had to do it again, I'd hate it, but I'd do it, because sometimes, that's how life is.

Apples
.
.
Posts: 2405
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20647

Post by Apples » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
I admit that Grothe's "disruptive" trans comment raised my eyebrows, and Bayes' theorem seems to indicate Shermer is a pretty sloppy drunk. The hate-on for Dawkins still seems to me to be pure spite because he wouldn't kiss Twatson's ass, and I don't give a shit about Harris either way.

Thing is - even if they were 100% right that 9 out of 10 atheo/skeptical "leaders" are unreconstructed sexist scumbags, the SJWs are still a toxic fungus on humanity's intellectual ballsack.

Sarlug

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20648

Post by Sarlug » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 pm

ROBOKiTTY wrote: The stated goal of their actions has a point. If you look at what Atheism+ is supposed to be about (minus all the divisive language), it sounds like something most reasonable skeptics would support. Publicly, they're all about basic human decency, equality, inclusiveness, and other laudable ideals. I suspect 99% of pitters in fact support those things. But once you examine how the SJWs go about their online business, you see they are toxic people who are doing the very opposite of what would foster their stated ideals.
Right, right. The endless death threats, flaming, and attempts to get people fired doesn't really gel with "human decency" or "equality".
welch wrote: if you stop thinking about things in terms of sides and groups, it gets easier. I don't think Harris is a bad guy or a stupid one. Clearly, he's not. But I think in this one instance, he has a bit of a blind spot and is kind of defensive about it. That doesn't say anything about him or anyone else other than that.
Good point. Everyone's an idiot about something.

Huehuehue
.
.
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20649

Post by Huehuehue » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
Never understood why something like this would be dubbed "concern-trolling".

But anyway, from my point of view the issue isn't "sides" insofar as "side A" despises Shermer therefore we as "side B" need to revere and love him. We're not here to oppose the SJW's on everything they bring up. Just because an SJW says something, doesn't mean that it's wrong. Also doesn't preclude SJWs from occasionally making some kind of relevant point. Having said that, I find they are off the mark the vast majority of the time. Imho, we're just here to talk about stuff, generally being pro-skepticism, while decrying the anti-skepticism view that the SJW types seem to engage in.

Example with the whole Shermer accusation, my point isn't that it didn't happen (since I have no idea), it's that the "grenade" post is not how you go about it. But we don't simply adopt the opposite of what an SJW says just because they're "the enemy" or some rubbish like that.

FlyingV
.
.
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20650

Post by FlyingV » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
The problem lies with hero-worship. When someone becomes a celebrity (and they are minor celebrities) everything that they do is analyzed, torn apart and lashed with a wet noodle. People expect perfection and become extremely disappointed when those expectations are not met. In the case of the SJW's,they capitalize on the instances when they catch someone of "power" acting like a human. I mean, they tore apart Harriett Hall for a f***ing t-shirt for f***'s sake. It's easy to find fault in almost every single person alive. Dawkins on his worst day is still better than me on my best.

ROBOKiTTY
.
.
Posts: 1224
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20651

Post by ROBOKiTTY » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm

I don't think it's right to shame people for not wanting to work or even not working. If I had the means to enjoy a decent standard of living without having to work, I wouldn't want to work either. Not everyone has the luxury (dare I say privilege?) of having a dream job, and trust-fund babies get by just fine without that much social disapproval. It's when people are actively leeching from society (which Rebecca Watson and many SJWs are) that they deserve shaming.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20652

Post by Ape+lust » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I always laugh when Ophelia puts trigger warnings right on top of triggering content, like a ROAD OUT sign at the bottom of a pit. That's someone who's just going through the motions, using tribal incantations because she's supposed to.

Aneris
.
.
Posts: 3198
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 am
Location: /°\
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20653

Post by Aneris » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Sarlug wrote:Is anyone else starting to think that maybe the SJWs have a point? We keep seeing shit pop up about Groethe and Shermer, welch has done a good job showing why Sam Harris is being stupid about the profiling thing, and Dawkins' various "mild pedophilia" and "honey" gaffes are kinda starting to pile up, to the point where it almost seems like he's going senile or some shit.

Don't get me wrong, they do plenty of silly shit themselves ("Anyone who makes fun of feminism is MARC LEPINE!!" and the infamous Grenade), but sometimes I really do wonder about "our side", whatever it is. :?

Sorry if this seems like concern-trolling or tone-trolling, but I do wonder.
You're welcome to ask those questions. There is no side here. It's an open forum and it is made by everyone who posts here. Nobody is stopping critics of Dawkins etc. to sign up. Nobody also speaks for the Slymepit, so even that is an opinion.

I don't feel I am somehow in a team with Grothe or Shermer just because some other gang dislikes them, and I happen to dislike what this other gang does. If tomorrow came out that every single accusation was true, it would not change anything for me. Many people didn't like Grothe's comments on trans here, and I don't recall where people defended Shermer just because. The main point has been that someone should be considered innocent until pronounced guilty and that such a case was better handled by proper authorities, not by some rage bloggers and his horde who didn't like him anyway. I didn't find the arguments of the accusers convincing, either. I simply don't believe people they wanted to protect women, but waited some years before it occured to them to make a point about it (and then, despite knowing four names at least, swept some under the rug quickly again when they noticed it would be perhaps a little bit too much). Many of these things seem to go back to a feud of Carrie Poppy with some other people, as she is behind many of the allegations. She was washing dirty linen in public.

It is similar with Dawkins. Here we have "Dear Muslima" manufactuversy and Rebecca Watson who started a campaign against him. Dawkins always had his fleas who criticized him: the faithful, accommodationists and culturalist never liked him for various reasons. When Rebecca Watson became a polarizing figure, Dawkins and everyone in here landed on the other side. And just as everyone else was subsequently demonized by Myers and the gang. Once you have a narrative in place, you can exploit it and frame everything. Oh look, Dawkins is finding a cure for cancer to help his reputation! I mean, Twitter is not exactly a platform for important historical monologues. Can't he tweet about the little things and connect it with some point? What exactly is the problem with it? And his "mild pedophilia" is also context dependent. Something happened to him. And he alone can place how harmful or terrible it was to him, and I hope it doesn't need discussion that transgression of that kind aren't On/Off but also have qualitative differences from watching boys in the shower to raping them. I didn't see convincing discussions by the Commentariat gang on relative to absolute meaning, etc. But the idiot gang was led by their hatred of Dawkins since "dear Muslima" and thus went for the most negative interpretation available. Everything else was just written around it (as usual).

Harris -- the same thing. He is hated by the SJW brigades and then they assume everyone who isn't on their side must embrace Harris' every thought. This isn't the case. I don't even see a need to pass judgement over a whole person with diverse opinions and some body of work, much less cast them away because they might have said something I didn't agree with. This is the difference. If there is a side, it's the Commentariat, united as judgemental people who hate and who think Highlander-Style (t/h ERV) that if they got rid of the current leadership their own gang could take over the movement. Maybe not as comical, but at the very least, advance their own agenda points.

It is their hatred and their conformist views that have them emerge as one side, the "other side" is pretty much everyone else -- and they are still more like herding cats. Otherwise "this other side" would have already ganged up and laughed Myers, Watson, Zvan, Benson and Co. out of the room.

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20654

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Re profiling sans the "nested quotes of hell"

Harris doesn't say he can "see a jihadist" . You have turned his comment around and effectively knocked down the resulting construct.

He says there are reasonable (not infallible) grounds for not expending energy on certain categories of people - given resources, precedent and common sense. Not a 100% guarantee, just pragmatics.

And no what's left are not jihadists either. Just a group you may want to pay slightly more attention to, again based on the premise I outlined in my post.

I hope that the quotes provided at least answer the charge that race is all Harris talks about or refers to.

dogen
.
.
Posts: 2579
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20655

Post by dogen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Pogsurf wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Of course there are people out there who get PTSD when the subject of their trauma comes up. But PTSD is treatable, and should lessen over time if treated. These professional victims want to keep it around as an excuse, and to further their thought police action against ever offending anyone evah.
Good point well made. It seems the purpose of a trigger warning is not so that particular victims can avoid certain material, but instead to flag up to all readers they will soon have an opportunity to big up their own versions of victimhood.
Indeed -- these trigger warnings seem like aperitifs, to get the Gastric Juices of Shaking Rage flowing...

free thoughtpolice
.
.
Posts: 10289
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20656

Post by free thoughtpolice » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Goodbye Enemy Janine (former Janine, Hallucinating Liar) wrote:
Goodbye Enemy Janine

7 November 2013 at 1:18 am (UTC -6)

@Lazy_Savant is one the more prominent slymie tweeterers. And one of those who whines the most about the block_bot. Because what person would not love to read the witty banter between him and Mykeru?
Has Lazy_Savant ever posted here? Or is Janine doing her regular schtick of hallucinating and lying at the same time?

Aneris
.
.
Posts: 3198
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 am
Location: /°\
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20657

Post by Aneris » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote:Goodbye Enemy Janine (former Janine, Hallucinating Liar) wrote:
Goodbye Enemy Janine

7 November 2013 at 1:18 am (UTC -6)

@Lazy_Savant is one the more prominent slymie tweeterers. And one of those who whines the most about the block_bot. Because what person would not love to read the witty banter between him and Mykeru?
Has Lazy_Savant ever posted here? Or is Janine doing her regular schtick of hallucinating and lying at the same time?
Nobody is registered with that user name. Not that it made a difference. Any person who is mildly associated is enough to make it all about the whole. We spoof their actual comments (with source). Nerd is being made fun of for the things he writes, Myers for what he writes and so on. And they are lampooned for traits they consistently express. Plus some general points that emerge about them as a culture. They, however, collectively hate everyone based on what one or five people write. The women faction, curiously, is always about feeling victimized. Their men are always ragey and angry. In SJW land, the gender roles are very traditional.

windy
.
.
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Tom of Finland-land
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20658

Post by windy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:09 pm

BarnOwl wrote:Speaking of life being hard for SJWs, PeeZus has a post up about his Clone's money troubles, and links to the following:

http://www.freezepage.com/1383852651IEAJQTXAAZ
Clone sez:
This week I saw mention of a survey in which freelance science writers reported their annual incomes. Mine right now is about one third the mean.
Must be this survey.
http://www.theopennotebook.com/2013/11/ ... ournalism/

The average was $52000, but they excluded anyone making $15000 or less "on the assumption that they are likely earning alternative sources of income." And since it was an online survey, you can question how representative it is.

Clarke's one third of the average would be about $17,000. Probably hard to make ends meet on that as a sole income, but not exactly peanuts for freelance writing, either(?)
From this survey, people who work 40 to 49 hours per week make an average of around $12,000 more than those who work less than 40 hours. Amp it up to 50 to 59 hours per week and respondents made $17,500 more than those who work less than that 40-hour baseline. Finally, those who work 60 hours or more make $23,000 more than those who work less than 40 hours. Workaholics are winning, it seems.
No word on how much extra income 'selling out to the man' brings...

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20659

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Ape+lust wrote:I always laugh when Ophelia puts trigger warnings right on top of triggering content, like a ROAD OUT sign at the bottom of a pit. That's someone who's just going through the motions, using tribal incantations because she's supposed to.
This was a classic. A trigger warning just a centimeter above a photo of naked African girls having their virginity assessed by adults opening up their sexes to look for an intact hymen. And I've only just noticed that the image was removed when I went back to look for this. Believe me, the whole uncensored image was right there directly beneath the "trigger warning".

http://i.imgur.com/iltqG6I.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20660

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I always laugh when Ophelia puts trigger warnings right on top of triggering content, like a ROAD OUT sign at the bottom of a pit. That's someone who's just going through the motions, using tribal incantations because she's supposed to.
This was a classic. A trigger warning just a centimeter above a photo of naked African girls having their virginity assessed by adults opening up their sexes to look for an intact hymen. And I've only just noticed that the image was removed when I went back to look for this. Believe me, the whole uncensored image was right there directly beneath the "trigger warning".

http://i.imgur.com/iltqG6I.png
PS, when I originally posted this (making the same point then as now) I obscured the image, as it was pretty nasty. Opheliar had no such qualms.

Dick Strawkins
.
.
Posts: 5859
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20661

Post by Dick Strawkins » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:19 pm

windy wrote:
German LurkBoatsman wrote:
windy wrote:Dumbass edited her own quote, when the original is publicly available!

I guess she's found that random groping accusations have a much more receptive audience in skepticism than in astronomy. "A good story improves in the telling"
No, that's not exactly true. In the 2012 talk she just separated both accounts. She goes first with "had my ass slapped etc as an astronomer" and in a later part adds: also had my ass slapped, tits groped in this community (but, important, not at this TAM / not at TAM). So the stuff was all there in the 2012 telling.
I noticed that, but why didn't she just quote that instead of editing the original "had my ass slapped etc as an astronomer" account? It seems she's now trying to downplay the astronomer part and make it seem like she was actually upset over some skeptic "men in power".
There's something else that doesn't seem to fit with the evidence.
She gives a very specific timing regarding the attempted groping incident from the famous skeptic:
"the one who staggered at my breasts at the moment of our introduction"
But there are various pictures of Pamela Gay at the event in question with the accused - posing for photos together, with their arms around each others shoulders.
We previously heard that DJ Grothe dragged Shermer away when the incident (whatever it was) occurred.
But wouldn't that make it impossible for Shermer and her to be photographed together at the event - except at the exact moment of attack?

http://i.imgur.com/20vC9Cs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/81am8nQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GLl4mEy.jpg

Tribble
.
.
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20662

Post by Tribble » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Really liked Gefan's new video.

Tribble
.
.
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20663

Post by Tribble » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:53 pm

welch wrote:Seriously. I didn't WANT to have an extra job and go to school full time while I was in the military. But that's what I had to do to get the things done I wanted to. So I sucked it up and didn't sleep a lot. If I had to do it again, I'd hate it, but I'd do it, because sometimes, that's how life is.
[/quote]

To put myself through college I worked full-time, typically 45-hours a week and went to school at night and Saturdays for my first three years. Right before my junior year I quit my full-time job and went part-time because it was starting to break me down. I worked for another year (part-time) and had saved enough money I didn't work again until graduate school.

Like you, I'd do it again. But I'd pick a different major. Probably medicine.

Rope apologist
.
.
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20664

Post by Rope apologist » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Clarke's poor because he doesn't sell out?

What does that say about PZ?

Just to be fair, it's quite within the realm of possibility that neither sells out, yet only one really suffers because of it. But so what? No case was made even that Clarke didn't sell out, let alone that he's poor because of that.

Slogans are about all we get from PZ. After all, shouldn't Clarke be "privileged"? So the BS about being poor because of principle, when I'm afraid that I didn't see much principle in his moderation of the Pharyngula cesspool (so ok, he quit, possibly in part because of such conflicts, but he stays on good terms with the leader of the cesspool--thus hardly standing on principle).

Tribble
.
.
Posts: 5102
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20665

Post by Tribble » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Dick Strawkins wrote: There's something else that doesn't seem to fit with the evidence.
She gives a very specific timing regarding the attempted groping incident from the famous skeptic:
"the one who staggered at my breasts at the moment of our introduction"
But there are various pictures of Pamela Gay at the event in question with the accused - posing for photos together, with their arms around each others shoulders.
We previously heard that DJ Grothe dragged Shermer away when the incident (whatever it was) occurred.
But wouldn't that make it impossible for Shermer and her to be photographed together at the event - except at the exact moment of attack?

http://i.imgur.com/20vC9Cs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/81am8nQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GLl4mEy.jpg

Yeah. Funny that.

another lurker
.
.
Posts: 4675
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20666

Post by another lurker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Welch wrote:Threats of violence are ... almost always a sign of weakness - an attempt at bullying the other person into submission.
You deserve a rotting porcupine shoved up your rectum for that comment.
YOU deserve it for that new avatar! I miss the beautiful Jen:(

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4496
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20667

Post by Service Dog » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Chris Clarke,
You're a washed-up old white science guy in the desert, with health problems.
You say you don't know how long you've got left.
You're running low on cash and Methylphenidate.

The solution is obvious: go get a second job, washing cars.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 7364
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20668

Post by Ape+lust » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:19 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:I always laugh when Ophelia puts trigger warnings right on top of triggering content, like a ROAD OUT sign at the bottom of a pit. That's someone who's just going through the motions, using tribal incantations because she's supposed to.
This was a classic. A trigger warning just a centimeter above a photo of naked African girls having their virginity assessed by adults opening up their sexes to look for an intact hymen. And I've only just noticed that the image was removed when I went back to look for this. Believe me, the whole uncensored image was right there directly beneath the "trigger warning".

http://i.imgur.com/iltqG6I.png
PS, when I originally posted this (making the same point then as now) I obscured the image, as it was pretty nasty. Opheliar had no such qualms.
That situation was hilarious, Ophelia at her weirdest. She knew the reaction she'd get, because she caught flak earlier for posting a death pic without warning. Which made her unhappy, since she felt the entire blog came with an "implicit trigger warning" (B&W = ogrish.com for justice warriors). So, it can't be any surprise her stunt would get read as "I gotcher trigger warning right he-ah," because it's probably what she was doing!


Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4496
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20670

Post by Service Dog » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Speaking of Methylphenidate (RItalin), I wondered how it stacks up against Methamphetamine.

Google led to blogs about recreational Ritalin snorting. This caught my eye:

"Some people I know like to snort it to keep their heads up when they're drinking."

Which brings to mind the point Dick Strawkins made, a few days ago-- about waking blackouts while drinking (and consent).

How much of today's traumatic sexual blundering involves victims who are drinking alcohol-- on top of their prescriptions for Ritalin, Adderal, anti-anxiety pills, anti-depressants?

I can see that being a big factor in the memory-loss problem, as well as contributing to disassociative gaps between what people viscerally Do vs. what they intellectually Want. Those drugs could even be a factor in hypersensitivity to all forms of being touched.

ianfc
.
.
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: Go to where they speak chinese then go to where they write plough
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20671

Post by ianfc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

From ekwhite's take on Lazy_Savant and Mykeru's SZ twitter exchange I'm guessing English is not ekwhite's 1st, 2nd or 3rd language
609
ekwhite

7 November 2013 at 12:54 am (UTC -6)

Folks, I need to precede my comment with a big fat TRIGGER WARNING

If you have not seen Stephanie Svan’s blog today, she got a horrific death threat from someone on Twitter – @Lazy_Savant. The threat was chilling. If you do not have a strong stomach, you do not want to read this, but I think Stephanie could use a little support right now.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715587

And don't be a bigoted cunt and refer to Caine as the chief monitor.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715773

mikelf
.
.
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20672

Post by mikelf » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

BarnOwl wrote:Speaking of life being hard for SJWs, PeeZus has a post up about his Clone's money troubles, and links to the following:

http://www.freezepage.com/1383852651IEAJQTXAAZ

Is it his highfalutin' eco-principles? Or is chronic laziness and the usual sense of entitlement and victimhood?

Ya know, Chris, there ARE ways to make a decent, steady income without selling out to evil corporations. In fact, you can work to protect the environment, preserve ecosystems and wild areas, help those who are truly victims of environmental injustice, identify the ways in which environmental toxins harm the health of humans and non-humans, conserve endangered species, design and develop sustainable technologies, and to be a part of any number of other activities that are, on the whole, green and eco-friendly.

Here's the dealio, though: you have to work. Whether you choose to collaborate and adapt your cancer research to include an environmental mutagenesis component (my choice), or to build your own environmental toxicology consulting business based on your EPA experience (a friend's choice), or whatever it is, you have to work.
I was thinking about this on my drive home and the only thing I can feel for Chris is pity. Not because I think I am superior to him because I make a decent living and will be able to retire while I can (presumably) still enjoy life. I've never really thought that way. I guess it is that Clarke is only now starting to realize the folly of "Fuck The Man! Smash The System!" 30 years later in life than most people.

I also shake my head at the notion that going to work for a corporation is necessarily selling out. As I believe I have mentioned previously, I work in oil and gas and there are plenty of companies in the industry that are interested in doing the right thing, have geniune concern for the well -being of their employees and communities, and try to operate in an environmentally friendly manner. But, it is hard to leave behind that juvenile black-white mindset that Clarke and Myers have, when your whole experience with the business world is with the bottom feeders and not the responsible operators. There are plenty of opportunities to work in the private sector without compromising your principles.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5439
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20673

Post by Gumby » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:04 pm

What @Lazy_Savant tweeted was pretty dumb. Not because it was a death threat - obviously it wasn't, only the intentional drama whores at FtB etc. pretend it is - but because it plays right into the infinitely dishonest victim narrative these dingbats flaunt. Zvan just took the lead in the persecution points game these pathetic bumblers are always playing. She's waddling around hoisting that tweet like a fucking trophy.

Service Dog
.
.
Posts: 4496
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20674

Post by Service Dog » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 pm

ianfc wrote:
And don't be a bigoted cunt and refer to Caine as the chief monitor.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715773
http://i.imgur.com/sg90Q0N.png
[youtube]uRPtsJ1487w[/youtube]

Badger3k
.
.
Posts: 3466
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20675

Post by Badger3k » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:07 pm

ianfc wrote:From ekwhite's take on Lazy_Savant and Mykeru's SZ twitter exchange I'm guessing English is not ekwhite's 1st, 2nd or 3rd language
609
ekwhite

7 November 2013 at 12:54 am (UTC -6)

Folks, I need to precede my comment with a big fat TRIGGER WARNING

If you have not seen Stephanie Svan’s blog today, she got a horrific death threat from someone on Twitter – @Lazy_Savant. The threat was chilling. If you do not have a strong stomach, you do not want to read this, but I think Stephanie could use a little support right now.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715587

And don't be a bigoted cunt and refer to Caine as the chief monitor.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715773
Shoot. All they have to do is link to Clarke's "only joking" post, or say they were playing Cards Against Humanity. It's supposed to be offensive and is a get out of jail free card.

acathode
.
.
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:46 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20676

Post by acathode » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I don't get it, everyone is allowed to whine about their small, daily inconveniences on twitter, like draconian airport security, except Dawkins, because... magic patriarchy?
Can't these people be honest for just one minute and tell the truth: "-Dick! You said something, again! We would wish that you stopped doing that (speaking that is), because we simply dislike you very much!"

Also, just what is up with this "skeptic movement" and it's thing for booze parties, preferably with pimp/prostitute themes? And who thought it was a good idea to mix SJWs into that? Or did the SJWs come later?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
Posts: 5439
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:40 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20677

Post by Gumby » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:18 pm

[meta]

The infinitely dull John Morales is phlouncing Pharyngula?


http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715612

Caine seems to have a hate-on for him for some reason, calling him a poisonous bigot in that thread. Whatever happened seems to have started elsewhere. But Caine's huffy reaction to Rorschach calling her "chief monitor" is priceless. She's determined to milk that 1/128th Lakota blood for all it's worth.

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20678

Post by Sulman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Gumby wrote:What @Lazy_Savant tweeted was pretty dumb. Not because it was a death threat - obviously it wasn't, only the intentional drama whores at FtB etc. pretend it is - but because it plays right into the infinitely dishonest victim narrative these dingbats flaunt. Zvan just took the lead in the persecution points game these pathetic bumblers are always playing. She's waddling around hoisting that tweet like a fucking trophy.
That was my immediate thought. I knew full well she would hunt that down "Looking for reactions to my brother's photography" my arse. She name-searched herself.

Much as I do love this community, there's a definite downside in perpetually supplying the other team with ammunition.

Michael J
.
.
Posts: 911
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20679

Post by Michael J » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:28 pm

spiffigt wrote:
Apples wrote:In Chris Clarke's "pity-me" post he claims to own one pair of socks.
That's more than a lot of people in this harsh world. He needs to check his privilege.
Luxury, I used to dream of owning a pair of socks - I used to have to wear used fish and chip paper as socks and I thought I was lucky (Said with a Yorkshire accent)

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20680

Post by Sulman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Gumby wrote:[meta]

The infinitely dull John Morales is phlouncing Pharyngula?


http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715612

Caine seems to have a hate-on for him for some reason, calling him a poisonous bigot in that thread. Whatever happened seems to have started elsewhere. But Caine's huffy reaction to Rorschach calling her "chief monitor" is priceless. She's determined to milk that 1/128th Lakota blood for all it's worth.
That thread reads like some curious psychological experiment where the standing orders are "Write what you wish, but whatever you do, there must be no humour involved whatsoever."

Liesmith
.
.
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20681

Post by Liesmith » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Welch wrote:Threats of violence are ... almost always a sign of weakness - an attempt at bullying the other person into submission.
You deserve a rotting porcupine shoved up your rectum for that comment.
Salvor Hardin often said that violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. I disagree somewhat - I don't think it's ALWAYS the last refuge.

I have waited a long time to make this reference, because I thought it was too obscure:

PZ is like Golan Trevize: capable of reaching the right decision even without all (or any!) of the necessary data. Also, "right" is a social construct.

BillHamp
.
.
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20682

Post by BillHamp » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 pm

I just wanted to point something out. I've been posting at another forum, totally unrelated to SJW, A+, atheism, or anthing else, and I have noticed something. The Pit is the only place where people don't bitch and moan about others being "snippy" or "saracastic," or anything else. No one runs to the mods to ask for a post to be removed or things to be "kept on topic." The result, you ask? This forum has the most salient threads with the most reasonable (read logical and thoughtful even if sarcastic at times) posts of any out there. In other words, it seems that hostility, real hostility, is the result of forum policy more than a lack of forum policy. Just my two cents. Maybe someone else has some thoughts on why this is.

ianfc
.
.
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: Go to where they speak chinese then go to where they write plough
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20683

Post by ianfc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Trying to imagine Lazy_Savanthttp://i.imgur.com/xlgHKyH.png

guet

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20684

Post by guet » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Who's that rosy-cheeked little boy in all the photos?
that is Sean McCabe former Randi assistant and intern
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Sean-McCabe/1307788352


Aneris
.
.
Posts: 3198
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 am
Location: /°\
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20685

Post by Aneris » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:44 pm

@Service Dog... it might be hipster ironic, still WTF!?

Miss Murder Fantasy Caine, Chief Rape Apologist is also their Chief Monitor? That makes total sense. Someone needs to invent an irony meter that can deal with 10,000 μZvan, at least.

New: Horde considers other cultural backgrounds of posters, and refrains from dogpiling them entirely into the ground. A little progress.

[meta]
Morales seems to say adios.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20686

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Brive1987 wrote:Re profiling sans the "nested quotes of hell"

Harris doesn't say he can "see a jihadist" . You have turned his comment around and effectively knocked down the resulting construct.
If his words are that easily misinterpreted that badly, then maybe he should spend more time on the words he uses. his quote seems fairly clear to me. There's some way, based on categories that are utter bullshit like gender, race, mode of dress and companions, and some that aren't, like behavior, to tell not only if someone's a jihadist, but their fucking nationality. it's bollocks. You can keep trying to claim he didn't use the words he did, but they're right there. He gave gender and style of dress the same weight as behavior. that's fucking stupid.
Brive1987 wrote:He says there are reasonable (not infallible) grounds for not expending energy on certain categories of people - given resources, precedent and common sense. Not a 100% guarantee, just pragmatics.
yes. and then makes it pretty clear that the qualifiers for that category are a relatively narrow age range, a single sex, (male) and some magical bullshit based on skin color and the clothes you're wearing. it's idiocy.
Brive1987 wrote:And no what's left are not jihadists either. Just a group you may want to pay slightly more attention to, again based on the premise I outlined in my post.
you realize at this point, you've actually made a better point than harris did.

I hope that the quotes provided at least answer the charge that race is all Harris talks about or refers to.[/quote]

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20687

Post by Sulman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:52 pm

BillHamp wrote:I just wanted to point something out. I've been posting at another forum, totally unrelated to SJW, A+, atheism, or anthing else, and I have noticed something. The Pit is the only place where people don't bitch and moan about others being "snippy" or "saracastic," or anything else. No one runs to the mods to ask for a post to be removed or things to be "kept on topic." The result, you ask? This forum has the most salient threads with the most reasonable (read logical and thoughtful even if sarcastic at times) posts of any out there. In other words, it seems that hostility, real hostility, is the result of forum policy more than a lack of forum policy. Just my two cents. Maybe someone else has some thoughts on why this is.
I've no idea. I moderated a motorsports forum ten years back, and you can get people that are absolutely determined to stir shit and cause trouble, and furthermore enjoy trying to provoke admins. One response to that is being very strict with rules, and letting everyone know there isn't any leeway, but that is hard to do and take part at the same time because you will get trolled.

That being said, the community here seems full of pretty robust personalities that seem to do a pretty good job at policing themselves.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20688

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

ianfc wrote:From ekwhite's take on Lazy_Savant and Mykeru's SZ twitter exchange I'm guessing English is not ekwhite's 1st, 2nd or 3rd language
609
ekwhite

7 November 2013 at 12:54 am (UTC -6)

Folks, I need to precede my comment with a big fat TRIGGER WARNING

If you have not seen Stephanie Svan’s blog today, she got a horrific death threat from someone on Twitter – @Lazy_Savant. The threat was chilling. If you do not have a strong stomach, you do not want to read this, but I think Stephanie could use a little support right now.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715587

And don't be a bigoted cunt and refer to Caine as the chief monitor.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-715773
and if svan really feels that was a serious threat against her, I absolutely encourage her to report it to the authorities. As one does when one gets a serious threat against one's person or family.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20689

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:57 pm

mikelf wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:Speaking of life being hard for SJWs, PeeZus has a post up about his Clone's money troubles, and links to the following:

http://www.freezepage.com/1383852651IEAJQTXAAZ

Is it his highfalutin' eco-principles? Or is chronic laziness and the usual sense of entitlement and victimhood?

Ya know, Chris, there ARE ways to make a decent, steady income without selling out to evil corporations. In fact, you can work to protect the environment, preserve ecosystems and wild areas, help those who are truly victims of environmental injustice, identify the ways in which environmental toxins harm the health of humans and non-humans, conserve endangered species, design and develop sustainable technologies, and to be a part of any number of other activities that are, on the whole, green and eco-friendly.

Here's the dealio, though: you have to work. Whether you choose to collaborate and adapt your cancer research to include an environmental mutagenesis component (my choice), or to build your own environmental toxicology consulting business based on your EPA experience (a friend's choice), or whatever it is, you have to work.
I was thinking about this on my drive home and the only thing I can feel for Chris is pity. Not because I think I am superior to him because I make a decent living and will be able to retire while I can (presumably) still enjoy life. I've never really thought that way. I guess it is that Clarke is only now starting to realize the folly of "Fuck The Man! Smash The System!" 30 years later in life than most people.

I also shake my head at the notion that going to work for a corporation is necessarily selling out. As I believe I have mentioned previously, I work in oil and gas and there are plenty of companies in the industry that are interested in doing the right thing, have geniune concern for the well -being of their employees and communities, and try to operate in an environmentally friendly manner. But, it is hard to leave behind that juvenile black-white mindset that Clarke and Myers have, when your whole experience with the business world is with the bottom feeders and not the responsible operators. There are plenty of opportunities to work in the private sector without compromising your principles.
Yep. I mean for fuck's sake, I work for an advertising company. But even in that industry, as weird as it can be, I see a real attempt to do good. We regularly do pro bono work for local charities, from marketing campaigns to help them get more money in, to minor things like free website work or teaching them how to better use social media. I've worked for a company that did atmospheric science work, a lot of it in the area of pollution tracking. The only time I've ever not worked for a private company was the Air Force and a small municipality.

It is entirely possible to work in the private sector and not be part of a company that tries to fuck people over.

welch
.
.
Posts: 9208
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20690

Post by welch » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Aneris wrote:@Service Dog... it might be hipster ironic, still WTF!?

Miss Murder Fantasy Caine, Chief Rape Apologist is also their Chief Monitor? That makes total sense. Someone needs to invent an irony meter that can deal with 10,000 μZvan, at least.

New: Horde considers other cultural backgrounds of posters, and refrains from dogpiling them entirely into the ground. A little progress.

[meta]
Morales seems to say adios.
Caine just need heap big injun spear in her teepee more from brave with no taste.

Sulman
.
.
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20691

Post by Sulman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:02 pm

welch wrote:
Aneris wrote:@Service Dog... it might be hipster ironic, still WTF!?

Miss Murder Fantasy Caine, Chief Rape Apologist is also their Chief Monitor? That makes total sense. Someone needs to invent an irony meter that can deal with 10,000 μZvan, at least.

New: Horde considers other cultural backgrounds of posters, and refrains from dogpiling them entirely into the ground. A little progress.

[meta]
Morales seems to say adios.
Caine just need heap big injun spear in her teepee more from brave with no taste.
OMG death threat

Brive1987
.
.
Posts: 16627
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20692

Post by Brive1987 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Caine:
I am sick to fucking death of being blamed for anything and everything. I am sick to fucking death of people thinking it’s perfectly okay to treat me in whatever demeaning manner which happens to amuse them at the time. If you happen to be one of those asswarts who wishes to do any of that, please, go fuck yourself.
Will she be the next Clarke? Sadly compelling watching how Pamela and Caine react respectively to being "harassed". I'm sure they both just to be be allowed to do good things.

Now back to being "broken" by Welch. ;)

Rope apologist
.
.
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20693

Post by Rope apologist » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Michael J wrote:
spiffigt wrote:
Apples wrote:In Chris Clarke's "pity-me" post he claims to own one pair of socks.
That's more than a lot of people in this harsh world. He needs to check his privilege.
Luxury, I used to dream of owning a pair of socks - I used to have to wear used fish and chip paper as socks and I thought I was lucky (Said with a Yorkshire accent)
I used to envy the man who had shoes.

Then I saw a man who had feet!

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Oh No! Now I've Done It. Again

#20694

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:37 pm

feralandproud wrote:
I just recently started following the online atheist/skeptic community(about 4 months ago). After literally like a week of reading blogs and following links I figured this shit out. If the average FtB "fan" doesn't at least check out the 'pit once in a while, I'll eat my goddamn hat. Willful ignorance is no excuse. They're exactly like schoolyard bullies. They can dish it out, but the second it's returned they're all, "Teacher! Teacher!" That applies to the wannabe celebutards and their fans. I'm so happy I found this place.
:D

Welcome. Check the lynx, etc. etc.

We dish it out and we take it.

When I first visited the 'Pit, I expected to find a bunch of MRAs who made puerile jokes and droned on and on about obscure topics. But I was wrong -- there are almost no MRAs here.

Matt Cavanaugh
.
.
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20695

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Would anyone here put it past that attention whore Svan to fake a death threat against herself?

laZy_SaVANt

Just sayin'.

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20696

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:53 pm

guet wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Who's that rosy-cheeked little boy in all the photos?
that is Sean McCabe former Randi assistant and intern
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Sean-McCabe/1307788352

Thanks. Seems strange that one would employ a 12-year-old boy as a PA. :)

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20697

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Gumby wrote:What @Lazy_Savant tweeted was pretty dumb. Not because it was a death threat - obviously it wasn't, only the intentional drama whores at FtB etc. pretend it is - but because it plays right into the infinitely dishonest victim narrative these dingbats flaunt. Zvan just took the lead in the persecution points game these pathetic bumblers are always playing. She's waddling around hoisting that tweet like a fucking trophy.



Beautiful imagery, as always Gumby! :lol: :clap:

ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20698

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 pm

http://i.imgur.com/zFzuEsq.png

It seems like the stress of being Meyers's social justice conscience-by-proxy has got to Caine.

She has obviously driven herself into a chasing-the-tail mania by maintaining her relentless sentry position on the Phawrongula border patrol. This really is not surprising: the beliefs which she has are, like those of religious extremists, so logically fragile that to maintain them with perfection as she does will unavoidably lead to such fundamental contradictions as to cause most people's brains to seize up at some point. She has recently introduced Native American words into her posting vocabulary, probably (it seems to me) as an attempt to control yet another piece of the social justice high ground amongst Phawrongula Horde. This has led to an explosion over use of the word "chief" (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chief), which she saw as a personal attack on the newly-acquired pride in her Native American heritage. Her brain has fried itself trying to reconcile reality with her ideal world.

justinvacula
.
.
Posts: 1748
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20699

Post by justinvacula » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 pm

New website womenformen.org launches founded by Suzanne Venker, Dr. Helen Smith, Christina Hoff Sommers

“I used to consider myself a feminist but mistakenly thought feminism meant equality between the sexes. In today’s culture, it means female privilege, and I believe discrimination against men is every bit as bad as discrimination against women—and I want no part of it,” writes Dr. Helen Smith in Men on Strike.

http://womenformen.org/about-4/

http://womenformen.org/mission/

AndrewV69
.
.
Posts: 7941
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

#20700

Post by AndrewV69 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 pm

So is this the "Death Threat"?
Does not look as if it was actually tweeted to the black swan (to me anyway).

Locked