Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
James Caruthers

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by James Caruthers »

"If you disagree with A+ and FTB, ignore it and it will go away." -NSC

I can believe that about the A+ forum, but how long have we been ignoring social justice warriors? They're not going anywhere without a vocal pushback, because silence is taken as an endorsement of their bullshit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:.
Why Rebecca Watson is a low intellect blight.

Note profiling <> body searching. It is simply a way to limit a potential target population given limited resources. FWIW Harris personally doubts airport security is worth much at all. His point is that if you do go down this road, and you are targeting a specific threat, then logic dictates you direct effort in the most plausible (dare I say "rational") direction.

If you can think of a better way to profile Moslems without using imperfect cultural / racial markers - then Harris would be all for it.

A dialog exchange from HOMELAND:

"That's eighty-three contacts. We don't have the time to check them all."
"Start with the dark-skinned ones."
"That's racial profiling."
"That's real profiling. Our target is a member of Hezbollah."

And from THE TOWN:

"What's the first thing we do when a bank gets robbed in Boston? Close the Charlestown Bridge."

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really? wrote:It is hilarious that the A+ forum is going away so quickly. But that's what happens when you ban all of your members...no one is left to post.

I think this is the endgame for FTB/A+; they want a world in which the last three people left in the movement can sit cross-legged in a circle singing gender-neutral songs about the way that they created a post-sexual future by preventing the commission of any sexual acts.

By its nature, a BBS is for conversation. There was an instance, noted here, of the A+ mod banning a new user after their 3rd comment. They can't stifle speech like that and not end up as the Judaean Popular Front.

Blogs are more like the preacher ranting on Sunday with the congregation responding, "Amen, amen!" Also, people who feel very strongly, angrily strong, about an issue love to hear their viewpoint repeated over and over. So I think Thought Free Blogs can survive for some time on that demographic, though it surely can't expand its audience to normal, sane, adjusted people. Plus, the writing at FtB is such utter shit that no one but a zealot would stick around for long.
I've stopped going to A+Theism. It was once great: no one was making any money off it, so you could visit as many times as you'd like, and the entertainment was amazing. At this point I am legally obliged to post this video:

[youtube]9C_11laqbvM[/youtube]
I think people have said that "Simpleflower" was a Poe. Looking back, I wonder if Justicar was Simpleflower?

Abbie?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Quicker for me to draw something by hand, photograph it, and upload the photo:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... fd6211.png

Yeah, yeah, Luddites-R-us.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: A dialog exchange from HOMELAND:

And from THE TOWN:

"What's the first thing we do when a bank gets robbed in Boston? Close the Charlestown Bridge."
Not only does profiling work, but every single one of us, including everyone in A+ does it every single moment of every day ... it is basic human nature to assess people and situations based on prior information we have ... stereotyping people is not actually a bad thing, it allows us to very quickly evaluate situations and make judgements based on limited information ...

Sure that teenager in the torn jeans, leather jacket and gang colours might not actually be a criminal ... but we will probably avoid him on the street, just in case

That old woman, white hair, glasses, sweet smile might just be an innocent grandma, but boy will we be shocked and surprised if she started spouting racist expletives

Everyone here did it with the "who do you let into the bunker" test a few days ago ... and everyone on FTB and A+ constantly do it with all the people they tone police

Want to spot a member of the IRA? Chances are they have an Irish accent ... does it mean all Irish people are members of the IRA? Not at all, but it's a damn fine way to narrow your choices

Want to spot a muslim terrorist? There's an amazingly high chance firstly that they are a Muslim ... and it's a fair bet that most Muslims will be of an ethnic group where Islam is predominant ... does it mean all young Pakistani men are terrorists? Nope, but it's a damn fine way to narrow down your choices

And honestly, anyone who cannot see the blindingly obvious there, is just trying to be politically correct for the sake of it, under any psychological test condition, they would fail miserably to not make stereotypical judgments ... evolutionary speaking, it is far better to mistake the shadow for being a tiger, than it is to mistake the tiger as only being a shadow.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[I think people have said that "Simpleflower" was a Poe. Looking back, I wonder if Justicar was Simpleflower?
How cool would that be?

[youtube]wveewJDONGM[/youtube]

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:An innocent atheist outsider who got a taste of the Internet drama comments on things, unfortunately from the wrong side. Starts about four minutes into the video.

[youtube]eEcjn6VzLdU[/youtube]

(link:
More 'atheists have not worked out whether women are equal or not' nonsense... (8:15 mark)

Really?

Post by Really? »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:

And from THE TOWN:

Not only does profiling work, but every single one of us, including everyone in A+ does it every single moment of every day ... it is basic human nature to assess people and situations based on prior information we have ... stereotyping people is not actually a bad thing, it allows us to very quickly evaluate situations and make judgements based on limited information ...

Sure that teenager in the torn jeans, leather jacket and gang colours might not actually be a criminal ... but we will probably avoid him on the street, just in case

That old woman, white hair, glasses, sweet smile might just be an innocent grandma, but boy will we be shocked and surprised if she started spouting racist expletives

Everyone here did it with the "who do you let into the bunker" test a few days ago ... and everyone on FTB and A+ constantly do it with all the people they tone police

Want to spot a member of the IRA? Chances are they have an Irish accent ... does it mean all Irish people are members of the IRA? Not at all, but it's a damn fine way to narrow your choices

Want to spot a muslim terrorist? There's an amazingly high chance firstly that they are a Muslim ... and it's a fair bet that most Muslims will be of an ethnic group where Islam is predominant ... does it mean all young Pakistani men are terrorists? Nope, but it's a damn fine way to narrow down your choices

And honestly, anyone who cannot see the blindingly obvious there, is just trying to be politically correct for the sake of it, under any psychological test condition, they would fail miserably to not make stereotypical judgments ... evolutionary speaking, it is far better to mistake the shadow for being a tiger, than it is to mistake the tiger as only being a shadow.
And I think we're overlooking the fact that the SJWs are engaging in profiling when it comes to men. They're predators. They want to stop women from having good jobs. They won't shut up and listen to you yell at them about how radical feminism is helping combat the fact that 95+% of alimony recipients are female.

Yes, they see a man and do quite a bit of profiling.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Video recordings and a high quality audio recording of my November 3 discussion with Pastor Dan Nichols are now available. About 200 people showed up and a good discussion was had. Enjoy.

http://justinvacula.com/2013/11/05/vide ... n-nichols/

Part 1
[youtube]jzRYN-R3B1s[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]FyKY7UieKSM[/youtube]

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Right as I linked NSC's video, Peezus put up a post as well. And the commentariat are quick to accuse him of tone trolling and giving the other side too much credit.

James Caruthers

justinvacula wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:An innocent atheist outsider who got a taste of the Internet drama comments on things, unfortunately from the wrong side. Starts about four minutes into the video.

(link:
More 'atheists have not worked out whether women are equal or not' nonsense... (8:15 mark)
Yep. When I heard that, a big-time bullshit alert went off.

Sounds like he's headed for AronRa and Dillahunty territory. In other words, just believe feminist propaganda, no need to verify what feminists say by comparing it with the legal changes they want to make to our systems of government. Oh no, feminism is only ever about "women are people too." :roll:

http://www.saveservices.org/falsely-acc ... innocence/
In Washington state, for example, juries receive the following instruction: “The burden is on the defendant to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the sexual intercourse was consensual.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence
Furthermore, in sexual offence cases such as rape, where the sexual act has already been proved beyond reasonable doubt, there are a limited number of circumstances where the defendant has an obligation to adduce evidence that the complainant consented to the sexual act, or that the defendant reasonably believed that the complainant was consenting. These circumstances include, for example, where the complainant was unconscious, unlawfully detained, or subjected to violence.[23]
In other words, if you had sex and they can prove you had sex, and you got accused of rape, get ready to prove to the court that you didn't rape, as opposed to the court having to prove that you did. And even this isn't yet at Crystal Clear Consent levels of SJWism.
Modern practices aimed at curing social ills may run against presumption of innocence. Some[which?] civil rights activists feel that pre-employment drug testing, while legal, violates this principle, as potential employees are presumed to be users of illegal drugs, and must prove themselves innocent through the test. Similarly, critics argue that some[which?] dispositions of laws against sexual harassment or racial discrimination show a presumption of guilt. These dispositions were meant to ease the burden of proof on the victim, since in practice harassment or discrimination practices are hard to prove.

Civil rights activists note that the well-meaning practices so adopted may have a deleterious effect on justice being served. An example is the use of a screen in sexual assault cases, which is set up to prevent the complainant from being distressed at the sight of the accused. Where a victim was in fact victimized by the accused, this may be argued to serve the principles of therapeutic justice.[24]
Feminism: the radical notion that women are people too... And NOTHING ELSE!!!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote:Quicker for me to draw something by hand, photograph it, and upload the photo:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... fd6211.png

Yeah, yeah, Luddites-R-us.
:lol: :lol: :clap:

NEWS: MoMA Staff Upset Coffee Funds Spent on Föghåt Does the Masters, Fridge Magnets -- "I'll gladly give up my morning cup for outsider art, but c'mon, this guy doesn't know which is the business end of a Sharpie."

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/0YGFPAB.png

Fuck me, but Caine has some serious problems. I am starting to feel sorry for laughing at her, now that I read she is lacking the three fucking hundred fucking dollars she needs to buy fucking pencils.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-713859
It gets even better:
Caine, Fleur du mal
3 November 2013 at 1:47 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Ogvorbis & Crip Dyke, yeah, I’m okay and not. I’ll live. I have a piece I need to do, it’s burning me alive, can’t sleep, can’t work on anything else, it’s fucking consuming me. Don’t have all the tools I need to do it. Want to scream for about an hour or three.
OH NOES the tortured artiste!11!! Maybe her rats chewed up all her art supplies.

James Caruthers

I would like to know where Caine shops that pencils are 300 dollars.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

James Caruthers wrote:I would like to know where Caine shops that pencils are 300 dollars.
Well, pencils can cost a bit...http://www.dickblick.com/items/22084-1076/ . Having seen her picture of the rat skull with little rotty bits still attached, I cannot wait to see her next piece. Perhaps brightly colored dried rat intestinal tract.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

James Caruthers wrote:I would like to know where Caine shops that pencils are 300 dollars.
Maybe she wants to recreate the Eiffel Tower in pencils.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Skepticon starts in 10 days.

The schedule is filling in: http://skepticon.org/schedule/

I got a laugh from these 2:
Friday PM: Handling Public Criticism - Stephanie Zvan
Sunday AM: Hemant Mehta: Don't Post First and Ask Questions Later
And who would want to miss this?
Saturday PM: Richard Carrier: Is Philosophy Stupid?
Looks like they've gotten donations from 4 organizations to help fill the crater in their budget.

(The story is that Skepticon took a principled stance in June 2013 and decided not to accept CFI's sponsorship: http://skepticon.org/skepticon-says-goo ... a-sponsor/ - I'd read that CFI used to give $10K for Skepticon, but poking around it looks like I might have read that here: http://elevatorgate.wordpress.com/2013/ ... m-i-right/. It also seems possible that CFI decided to withdraw its support but let Skepticon take the "principled stance" approach.)

Anyway, within the past 2 days, 4 new blog post titles went up at the Skepticon website:

Meet the Sponsor: Kansas City Atheist Coalition (KCAC)
Meet the Sponsor: Atheist Alliance International (AAI)
Meet the Sponsor: Foundation Beyond Belief (FBB)
Meet the Sponsor: American Atheists

Each entry introduces "One of our most amazing sponsors this year" with a blurb from the organization's website, and all but the KCAC one (which goes to "Page not found") continues on after the break to a short post that completes the organization's own blurb and urges Skepticoners go visit the organization's facebook or twitter & "give them some Skepticon love!" (After getting crystal clear and enthusiastic consent, I presume).

I must say, I'm surprised to see Foundation Beyond Belief on that list - not because the people running it are immune to sympathies to one "side" or another, but because as a 501(c)(3) it's supposed to put its money where its "organizational purposes" are. I can't find its articles of incorporation online, but the "Join" (donate) button on FBB's website says "A community of compassionate humanists supporting outstanding charities worldwide" and its mission statement is "To demonstrate humanism at its best by supporting efforts to improve this world and this life, and to challenge humanists to embody the highest principles of humanism, including mutual care and responsibility."

So...I sent off an email just now to FBB, to inquire:
I joined FBB in January 2013 as a "Foundation 50" sustaining member/donor. I've been delighted with FBB's work. However, I recently read on the Skepticon website ( http://skepticon.org/ ) that FBB is one of Skepticon's sponsors this year. It looks like that sponsorship happened recently. The Skepticon speaker topics ( http://skepticon.org/schedule/ ) don't suggest a high degree of overlap with FBB's mission statement to me.

As a donor to FBB, I have three questions:
(1) Does sponsorship of this conference fit with FBB's organizational purposes as a 501(c)(3) public charity?
(2) Was there consideration of the possibility of appearance of conflict of interest given that an FBB board member (president?), Hemant Mehta, is a scheduled speaker at Skepticon? (Though possibly without honorarium)
(3) What amount did FBB donate to Skepticon?

Thank you -

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

A set of 120 Prismacolor colored pencils costs less than half that.

But yeah, watch them send her the money ... first world SJW problems, you know.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

BarnOwl wrote:A set of 120 Prismacolor colored pencils costs less than half that.
Or spend the $300 on a Wacom and pirate Photoshop like normal people...

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Since it's somewhat in the day... an old video by Thunderfoot on Scientology. It's of course quite fun to how certain phrases and expressions are repeated in a different context today (like at 5:50)

[youtube]v6eNyBrQUKs[/youtube]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Even if Caine had the $300 ($300?!!), where would she be able to get pencils fast enough to let out the piece that's "burning [her] alive" and that's making her post stuff like "Aaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuugh. Pain. Fuck"? Surely there's not a store in her town that carries high-end art supplies.

Hmmm...isn't it interesting how Caine's pencil angst appeared when Thunderdome had slowed way down and served to bring out concern and posts from other Pharyngulites, picking up the pace for a little while and showing Caine some love.

Over the prior 36 hours, there had been all of 4 posts in Thunderdome; after Caine's 2 back-to-back posts about how painful it was not to have pencils, 4 people dropped 6 concerned & supportive posts in the subsequent hour (with *hugs* etc), then it was another 8 hours until the next post in the Thunderdome.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

The more I learn about Caine, the more I imagine the inside of her house looks like the one in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
TCM.jpg
(169.04 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Sunder wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:A set of 120 Prismacolor colored pencils costs less than half that.
Or spend the $300 on a Wacom and pirate Photoshop like normal people...
yo, check your "normal people" privilege. Some of us prefer weapons of a more civilized age...

Whiskey Tango

Post by Whiskey Tango »

Bhurzum wrote:
yomomma wrote:OMG. Is this written by anybody on here? It's some pretty clever parody.

http://rebeccawatsonfanclub.wordpress.c ... y/retards/

I am literally laughing out loud. So, loud, I can't even say that it's a LOL, but a LAUGH OUT LOUD.

"You don’t know what it’s like to be Rebecca Watson. You don’t know what it’s like to see a convention floor as a terrifying expanse of blue ocean, with every dick in the room pointed at you, circling like sharks and waiting for any sign of weakness, any subtle cue to unleash phallic violence on the indigo-haired vixen of their wet dreams. She’s wearing heels, so she can’t run! Rape time, motherfucker. When she gets into an elevator or steps outside for a smoke after sundown, it’s on."

That, right there, is some awesome sauce.

Yup, I'm sifting through it right now and can confirm the awesomeness of the content. This little nugget almost floored me!

"An inebriated Addy stuck his tongue in Watson’s left ear, the source said, and Watson squealed delightedly.

“PZ looked crestfallen, but Mark and Becky were SO adorbz!” the source told Rebecca Watson Fan Club. “Mark whispered something about late night coffee at the hotel and as Rebecca doubled over in peals of laughter, Mark winked at PZ.”

Myers responded with a look our source described as “a cross between arousal and impotent rage.”
Shit's been updated, motherfuckers.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Right as I linked NSC's video, Peezus put up a post as well. And the commentariat are quick to accuse him of tone trolling and giving the other side too much credit.
"accuse him of tone trolling" - him meaning NSC? (I've only briefly scanned that thread)

The jaundiced yellow background highlighted this, in my quick scan (he's addressing John Morales, who had used the almost-forbidden word in question):
PZ Myers
5 November 2013 at 10:01 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment

Did you know the word “sniggers” sends comments to the spam trap? You can guess why.
Oh, good lord. "Sniggers", wink wink, so close to such a naughty (& forbidden) word.

I sure hope the spam filter will catch all of the forbidden words among this group, too. (Some of which I recognized as having been used here in the past, specifically for the "concealed profanity" - lol.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go dry the saltwater out my wristwatch.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

James Caruthers wrote:
justinvacula wrote:

(link:
Yep. When I heard that, a big-time bullshit alert went off.

Sounds like he's headed for AronRa and Dillahunty territory. In other words, just believe feminist propaganda, no need to verify what feminists say by comparing it with the legal changes they want to make to our systems of government. Oh no, feminism is only ever about "women are people too." :roll:

http://www.saveservices.org/falsely-acc ... innocence/
To be fair he says "It's embarrassing on twitter when Christians that you follow ask you what is this about atheists not having worked out whether women are equal or not?"
I read his video as a lame attempt to declare a pox on all our houses and stay above the drama. The truth is that he blindly joined up with FfTB without knowing what they were about, and not able to handle the drama.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Aneris wrote:Since it's somewhat in the day... an old video by Thunderfoot on Scientology. It's of course quite fun to how certain phrases and expressions are repeated in a different context today (like at 5:50)

[.youtube]v6eNyBrQUKs[/youtube]
Thanks - enjoyed that. I'm always interested when people point out similarities between Scientology & FC(n) (like treating some people like SPs). (And, truth be told, I don't have time to watch the longer videos, no matter how good they may be.)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

That US-news-knowledge quiz posted a few days ago (a week?) is about to become out of date, and for a very good reason:

The Illinois House today passed legislation allowing same sex marriage!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... s-20795167

(Still has to go to Senate for technical reasons, then to governor to sign, but it's expected to get through those steps.)

Post by Guest »

anyone notice sara mayhew's account is suspended and know whats up with that?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Guest wrote:anyone notice sara mayhew's account is suspended and know whats up with that?
Not a lot known, brive noticed it >12 hrs ago, start here: viewtopic.php?p=140063#p140063

Post by Guest »

ah my bad, forgot where id left off and skipped that page :P

thanks for the pointer

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Skep tickle wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:Right as I linked NSC's video, Peezus put up a post as well. And the commentariat are quick to accuse him of tone trolling and giving the other side too much credit.
"accuse him of tone trolling" - him meaning NSC? (I've only briefly scanned that thread)
Indeed.

James Caruthers

Skep tickle wrote:Even if Caine had the $300 ($300?!!), where would she be able to get pencils fast enough to let out the piece that's "burning [her] alive" and that's making her post stuff like "Aaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuugh. Pain. Fuck"? Surely there's not a store in her town that carries high-end art supplies.

Hmmm...isn't it interesting how Caine's pencil angst appeared when Thunderdome had slowed way down and served to bring out concern and posts from other Pharyngulites, picking up the pace for a little while and showing Caine some love.

Over the prior 36 hours, there had been all of 4 posts in Thunderdome; after Caine's 2 back-to-back posts about how painful it was not to have pencils, 4 people dropped 6 concerned & supportive posts in the subsequent hour (with *hugs* etc), then it was another 8 hours until the next post in the Thunderdome.
Allow me to summarize the Thunderdome in an imaginary dialogue:

Poster 1: "Poor me!"
Poster 2: "Oh, so sorry to hear that dear! By the way, poor ME as well!"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Poster 3: "Am I late to the party? Here's an e-hug for the two of you! By the by, poor ME also, because first world problems!"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Peezus: "Hi guys, PZ poking his head in. Sorry to hear about your problems. You know *insert first world problem* is a result of our society's negative view of *minority group or women* and we need to rally for social justice even more! You guys are awesome!"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Poster 1: "Is your arm getting tired, Caine?"
Caine: "Yes, I've been drawing with my new $400 titanium-diamond pencil for the last hour. I just don't think I have the strength to keep going!"
Poster 1: "Oh, you poor dear, let me help."
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Ogvorapist: "Hi everyone, remember when I raped those girls? I feel like a horrible person, oh boo hoo, oh boo hoo. Can I get in on this pity party?"
Poster 2: "No problem oggie! Let me just get a hand free, here."
*fap fap*
Rape Victim: "Um, excuse me everyone. I'm an actual victim of rape and I find it really disgusting that a rapist can post a tale of raping little girls and you all approve of it. I thought this was a safe space and now you've triggered me."
...!!!!
Poster 1: "You horrible person, don't you understand poor Oggie is an abused rape victim like you?!?"
Poster 2: "How dare you suggest Oggie might rape! Just because he told us he raped someone?!? Don't be a sister punisher!"
Poster 3: "I would be happy to leave you alone with my little girls for hours, Oggie!"
*rape victim leaves in disgust*
Caine: "Now that that is settled, did I tell you all that I killed another of my rats by accident? My steel-tipped, gold-plated pencil went through his eye and into his brain. I was pretending he was Richard Sanderson again."
Poster 1: "Oh, that's horrible Caine!"
Poster 2: "I feel so bad for you!"
Poster 3: "How long do rats live, anyway? 40 years? It must be a huge loss to lose another one so soon!"
Ogvorapist: "What do you plan on doing with the skull, Caine? Can I have it?"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*

Ladies and gentlemen, The Thunderdome.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

You forgot the part where Peezus bans the rape victim.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:You forgot the part where Peezus bans the rape victim.
And Nerd of Redhead FLOOSHing them per Hitchens quote.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

James Caruthers wrote:Allow me to summarize the Thunderdome in an imaginary dialogue: ...

Rape Victim: "Um, excuse me everyone. I'm an actual victim of rape and I find it really disgusting that a rapist can post a tale of raping little girls and you all approve of it. I thought this was a safe space and now you've triggered me."
...!!!!
Poster 1: "You horrible person, don't you understand poor Oggie is an abused rape victim like you?!?"
Poster 2: "How dare you suggest Oggie might rape! Just because he told us he raped someone?!? Don't be a sister punisher!"
Poster 3: "I would be happy to leave you alone with my little girls for hours, Oggie!"

Rape Victim: I can't believe you all - this is crazy!
Caine: Message sent.
PZ pops in: You miserable sniveling ableist MRA misogynist anti-feminist, making it all about yourself. You're GONE.
*rape victim is banned*

Caine: "Now that that is settled, did I tell you all that I killed another of my rats by accident? My steel-tipped, gold-plated pencil went through his eye and into his brain. I was pretending he was Richard Sanderson again." ...

FTFY

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:You forgot the part where Peezus bans the rape victim.
Ninjaed yet again!

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Skep tickle wrote:
Aneris wrote:Since it's somewhat in the day... an old video by Thunderfoot on Scientology. It's of course quite fun to how certain phrases and expressions are repeated in a different context today (like at 5:50)

[.youtube]v6eNyBrQUKs[/youtube]
Thanks - enjoyed that. I'm always interested when people point out similarities between Scientology & FC(n) (like treating some people like SPs). (And, truth be told, I don't have time to watch the longer videos, no matter how good they may be.)
Check your afk-job privilege!

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

James Caruthers wrote: Allow me to summarize the Thunderdome in an imaginary dialogue:

Poster 1: "Poor me!"
Poster 2: "Oh, so sorry to hear that dear! By the way, poor ME as well!"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Poster 3: "Am I late to the party? Here's an e-hug for the two of you! By the by, poor ME also, because first world problems!"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Peezus: "Hi guys, PZ poking his head in. Sorry to hear about your problems. You know *insert first world problem* is a result of our society's negative view of *minority group or women* and we need to rally for social justice even more! You guys are awesome!"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Poster 1: "Is your arm getting tired, Caine?"
Caine: "Yes, I've been drawing with my new $400 titanium-diamond pencil for the last hour. I just don't think I have the strength to keep going!"
Poster 1: "Oh, you poor dear, let me help."
*fap fap*
*fap fap*
Ogvorapist: "Hi everyone, remember when I raped those girls? I feel like a horrible person, oh boo hoo, oh boo hoo. Can I get in on this pity party?"
Poster 2: "No problem oggie! Let me just get a hand free, here."
*fap fap*
...!!!!
*rape victim leaves in disgust*
Please don't forget the rats, please don't forget the rats, please don't forget the rats...
James Caruthers wrote:
Caine: "Now that that is settled, did I tell you all that I killed another of my rats by accident? My steel-tipped, gold-plated pencil went through his eye and into his brain. I was pretending he was Richard Sanderson again."
Poster 1: "Oh, that's horrible Caine!"
Poster 2: "I feel so bad for you!"
Poster 3: "How long do rats live, anyway? 40 years? It must be a huge loss to lose another one so soon!"
Ogvorapist: "What do you plan on doing with the skull, Caine? Can I have it?"
*fap fap*
*fap fap*

:dance:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Peezus has a post up now where he complains about the biology and internal politics of 'The Walking Dead' (how do they survive this long - why don't the survivors turn into zombies from exposure to the gore/zombie body fluids etc.
Nothing too controversial.

But for some strange reason he decides to end it with the following comment about pharyngula:
When will the survivors learn that they’re being guided by a dangerous idiot?
Yes, Peezus, when indeed.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

DeepInsideYourMind wrote:

And from THE TOWN:

And if you're looking for a rapist, he's probably a man carrying a bottle of wine.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Do you have any idea how many pencils it takes to fill all those John Doe notebooks?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Gumby wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Ophelia's talent for idiotic overstatement is as sharp as ever:

http://i.imgur.com/IvMsfQ1.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... frivolity/
She has to say droolingly moronic shit like that, because she and her FtB pals have to keep up the pretense that they speak for all of atheism.
Yeah, and it's getting harder and harder to keep up that pretense when her blogposts are lucky to get 10 comments.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

bovarchist wrote: And if you're looking for a rapist, he's probably a man carrying a bottle of wine.
LOL :)

Though seriously ... if the police *didn't* use profiling to catch rapists ... I strongly suspect they would find their job 10x harder when they start with the presumption that it could literally be anybody, and investigated each person in the populace .... instead of focusing in on white males, aged between 18 and 24, with dark hair and a scar on their left cheek .... of course, not *all* white men aged 18 to 24 with scars on their left cheeks are rapists ... but it certainly helps to start there if that's the information you had about the person you are looking for....

Merely typing this shit makes me facepalm myself .... seriously they cannot be this dumb!!!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Fuck me, but Caine has some serious problems. I am starting to feel sorry for laughing at her, now that I read she is lacking the three fucking hundred fucking dollars she needs to buy fucking pencils.

Does this qualify as one of those "First World Problems"?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Note also how she connects
"Dawkins" --> "far right" --> "Muslim hatred" --> "persons of colour" --> "profile" --> "harassment" --> "shockingly irrational"
-->"Sam Harris

That's a conceptual gish gallop that Von Daniken would be proud of.
She has become one of Dawkins's most pathetic fleas. A parasite.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Wow this atheist sure is angry.

http://i.imgur.com/9fX8y4M.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Peezus has a post up now where he complains about the biology and internal politics of 'The Walking Dead' (how do they survive this long - why don't the survivors turn into zombies from exposure to the gore/zombie body fluids etc.

But for some strange reason he decides to end it with the following comment about pharyngula:
I think he writes these things for our benefit.
Speaking of The Walking Dead, who's been cutting the grass during the zombie apocalypse? The prison they live in now had ankle deep tufts when they found it and it's stayed the same since.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jan Steen wrote:

Note also how she connects
"Dawkins" --> "far right" --> "Muslim hatred" --> "persons of colour" --> "profile" --> "harassment" --> "shockingly irrational"
-->"Sam Harris

That's a conceptual gish gallop that Von Daniken would be proud of.
She has become one of Dawkins's most pathetic fleas. A parasite.
Note also how she puts profiled in "inverted commas". What the fuck does that even mean?

Probably she wants to say "hooded, chained, threatened with a dog and photographed for future pleasure" but thought that might be too obvious.

Truly that paragraph of hers deserves to be in the SJW year book of 2013.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Are we still ripping on Foshaug?
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5492/1070 ... 645b_b.jpg
:clap: :clap: :lol:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:Peezus has a post up now where he complains about the biology and internal politics of 'The Walking Dead' (how do they survive this long - why don't the survivors turn into zombies from exposure to the gore/zombie body fluids etc.

I think he writes these things for our benefit.
You know, perhaps it's wrong to consider Peezus the way the majority of the skeptical community now sees him - a failed ex-scientist and author who constantly embarrasses himself through desperate and obvious acts of ingratiation before online feminist community.
Maybe we should see him as someone who is providing lessons for us all; showing us example after example of the types of behavior we should avoid if we want to stay honest, truthful and genuinely skeptical.
No longer should think of him as a lying, backstabbing scumbag, obsessed with a certain blue haired siren.
We should think of him as helpful Peezus - pointing out stuff to us.

http://i.imgur.com/fNhBPvj.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

In other news:
Men cleared of charges are still portrayed by media as rapists. No evidence of crime is now police's fault. The Ottawa police is now accused of abuse for asking the female accusers questions !
[youtube]NWJHVDUCuc4[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

AndrewV69 wrote:In other news:
Men cleared of charges are still portrayed by media as rapists. No evidence of crime is now police's fault. The Ottawa police is now accused of abuse for asking the female accusers questions !
[youtube]NWJHVDUCuc4[/youtube]
I can see a fairly obvious problem in this case.
The interviewing officer seems to have investigated the incident and concluded that there was no rape and therefore the girls were lying. But the testimony of the girls seems consistent with the type of temporary amnesia seen in alcoholic blackouts. In other words they might not remember most of the evening due to the effects of alcohol and therefore may not realize that they had consensual sex that night (remember, an alcoholic blackout does not mean getting blind drunk and passing out, it means not storing memories for a certain period of time - usually after drinking too quickly rather than drinking far too much.)
So there may have been no rape but the girls were not lying, they were simply mistaken.

It seems apparent that people are being told that if you are out in a club or party happily drinking with someone and the next thing you remember is waking up in bed with them the next morning, the explanation is that they slipped you a rape drug, rendering you unconscious, at which point they stripped you and raped your incapacitated body.

But the evidence suggests that the use of rape drugs or roofies is relatively rare.
Alcoholic blackouts, however, are relatively common - particularly among young inexperienced drinkers.
The effect will be the same in both cases - waking up and realizing that someone had sex with you, and you cannot remember a thing.
It's kind of a dangerous situation - there must be plenty of people who had hook-up sex after meeting in a club or party - and yet will also have suffered an alcoholic blackout. It is scary to think that they are now being told that they were raped - perhaps even by people they trust and love. And yet nothing untoward happened apart from a temporary physiological quirk affecting their ability to store memories for a few hours.
Clearly date rapes do happen, but this type of 'waking up with no memories' incident is almost impossible to distinguish from incidents of genuine rape.
In terms of positive things a woman could do in this situation to try to figure out if it was the type of roofied rape they think it was (rather than alcoholic blackout consensual sex), I'd guess the best option would be to check for the presence of drugs in their system the following day. If you detect something suspicious ( like rohypnol) then it would be evidence that there is more to the story than an alcoholic blackout.

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

Benson has the post up http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -contrast/. What a cunt she is. If an Afgan girl, Malala Yousafzai, is targeted for speaking against the patriarchy then how wonderful is that. If the CIA drops a bomb on some poor smuck, Nabila Rehman an eight-year-old girl, working in the fields then thats just a bit of ethically dubious high tech stuff.

German LurkBoatsman

Post by German LurkBoatsman »

Dick Strawkins wrote:She used to have some kind of clout as a serious writer but that is behind her now.
I remember when I first heard from Ophelia back during the Accomodationist Wars. I had no great sympathy for Mooney's or Kirshenbaum's positions then but at some point I got tired about their being made witches of the week every other monday and didn't follow all the details anymore. At one point M&K must have blocked Ophie from commenting on their blog and so there's a huge kerfuffle in the commentariat about it and whatever M&K tried to say, it was always back to "why is O. blocked?", "why do you fear the one who is not allowed to be named...?", "you're afraid of free spech..."
At that point I checked out who this O. was and found someone who was in a very obnoxious and butthurt way talking down to M&K, trying to order them around to alleviate some perceived slight against her, again and again, she wouldn't let it rest. And that was the first time I sympathized with the side of the witches.

Now here, Ophie, see what you've done to me. You and your cunfabulations of personal oppression.

German LurkBoatsman

Post by German LurkBoatsman »

Aneris wrote:That's Kaya Scodelario, as seen on "Skins", which I found fun at the time, since she looked simulatenously nice and orderly as well as mischievous somewhat in line with the origin of the nickname.
What is the origin of the nickname, if I'm allowed to asked? I always thought of you as a backward sirena. How ever that would work.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

BarnOwl wrote:

It gets even better:
Caine, Fleur du mal
3 November 2013 at 1:47 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Ogvorbis & Crip Dyke, yeah, I’m okay and not. I’ll live. I have a piece I need to do, it’s burning me alive, can’t sleep, can’t work on anything else, it’s fucking consuming me. Don’t have all the tools I need to do it. Want to scream for about an hour or three.
OH NOES the tortured artiste!11!! Maybe her rats chewed up all her art supplies.
Relax, the orderlies probably tell Caine that pencils cost $300 to explain whey she's only allowed access to crayons.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Are we still ripping on Foshaug?
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5492/1070 ... 645b_b.jpg
Coming soon: Bjork Flooshhog visits the DMV. Paramedics are called to assist those dying of laughter.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I have a problem: those Bjarte parodies actually make me laugh. And not in a "let's mock Bjarte" kind of way. That last one is just precisely my kind of absurd humour.

What the fuck is wrong with me?