Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Post by Gumby »

Ape+lust wrote:Hey, let's bend Wikipedia until it has an archfem social justice slant! Storming Wikipedia, we'll call it. Greeeeat idea.

You can't just throw waves of women at it and expect it to happen, though. Not while sister punishers range free. You need to cull the chill from the pure:
Recruiting more women will not necessarily ensure that sexism decreases on Wikipedia - women will not necessarily fight against sexism... Wikipedia needs to recruit women, yes, but, more importantly, it needs to recruit feminists. It is feminists - those who have thought about the problems of sexism, have strategies to deal with them, and are willing to engage in such battles, that are willing to challenge the patriarchal structures of knowledge on Wikipedia. And feminists can be of any gender.
Fuck that!

We'll fight back by forming "Slyming Wikipedia"!

We'll have Abe Lincoln in a fedora before you know it.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Kareem wrote:
Edina Monsoon wrote:The Bar Rape OMG... (sorry if this has been posted before)

From Brian Fields' FB thread https://www.facebook.com/fieldsb/posts/ ... 9083034817
fieldsthread.jpg
For the A+ers reading this, making blanket statements about the police not caring about rape accusation just makes you look dishonest. Dozens of men have been convicted of rape only to be cleared later, others are STILL behind bars after it was clear they weren't guilty. That can't happen in a world where all the police just laugh off rape victims like you continually suggest.
I've posted it before, but maybe it's worth a repeat. RAINN, the go-to org for SJWs on rape info/resources, estimates that in the US more than a quarter of rapes reported to the police result in an arrest. This is the stat that is most complicated/requires the most skeptical scrutiny, since it comprises true reports where the perpetrator is caught, true reports where the perpetrator can't be located/apprehended, true reports that don't meet the probable cause threshold, "true" reports that don't meet a local legal standard, "true" reports that reflect a misunderstanding of the law or failures on the part of the police/investigators -- and false reports. In any case, I suspect that many crimes have similarly low report/arrest ratios.

BUT, of those arrestees, RAINN estimates that 75% are indicted and prosecuted, and nearly 60% of them are convicted of a felony, despite the dastardly rape-apologist defense attorneys and the misogynist, rapalicious judges and jurors. I'm sure there is room for improvement in the reporting/arrest phase (though perfection is impractical given the unique problems one faces in sex-crime investigation/enforcement), but the SJW canard that the criminal justice system gives accused rapists some kind of free pass and women needn't bother reporting -- becuz rape culturz and Patriarchy hates the precious -- is nothing more than a harmful and ideologically self-serving lie.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/st ... ting-rates

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Ape+lust wrote:Hey, let's bend Wikipedia until it has an archfem social justice slant! Storming Wikipedia, we'll call it. Greeeeat idea.

You can't just throw waves of women at it and expect it to happen, though. Not while sister punishers range free. You need to cull the chill from the pure:
Recruiting more women will not necessarily ensure that sexism decreases on Wikipedia - women will not necessarily fight against sexism... Wikipedia needs to recruit women, yes, but, more importantly, it needs to recruit feminists. It is feminists - those who have thought about the problems of sexism, have strategies to deal with them, and are willing to engage in such battles, that are willing to challenge the patriarchal structures of knowledge on Wikipedia. And feminists can be of any gender.
LOL the idea that rad/neo-fems have the first clue of a strategy on "fighting sexism".

Doctor heal thyself!

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

ThePrussian wrote: Good God, is that real? I knew Myers was twisted, but is that real?
Yes, that was an extremely good example of his utter bullshit. And it inspired this, and a few similar variations of absolutely true (and still public-facing) contradictions.

http://i.imgur.com/ntZfyhG.png

click to expand each.

http://i.imgur.com/f3BtLsW.png

I thought I made more, but can't find 'em... you get the idea.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Gumby wrote:
Bourne Skeptic wrote: If you join the Slymepit, your brain will grow!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z9lzZZGpn5U/T ... gbrain.jpg
So you're saying Ophelia Benson is a Pitter too?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 2f9bc3.jpg
No, her condition comes from repeatedly sticking her head up her own ass.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:

Fuck that!

We'll fight back by forming "Slyming Wikipedia"!

We'll have Abe Lincoln in a fedora before you know it.
Lol! We'll get the blameworthy credit anyway when it falls over, so let's just drink and watch. Zvan and Oolon love arguing picayune details for days -- well, so do the hordes at Wiki Talk.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
ThePrussian wrote:You get the feeling that Myers is a little like those TV Evangelists who thunders against homosexuality and is shortly found sprawled out on the floor of some Men's room somewhere?

Incidentally, I've been "on your side" for a while, just not found the time to really drop by. :ugeek:
I don't know if he means it or he's just winding PZ up, but Reap Paden often says PZ is a not-at-all-discreet ogler at conferences.
The Hoggler says he got the same impression from being around Peeze in the bar. He really really doesn't like Peeze much, so make what you will of that.
In the "card trick" video where Myers talks about the woman winning a sexual encounter with him, the way he leers at her during his haha funny joke is downright creepy.
If that is indicative of his mannerisms, I'm surprised he hasn't more of a reputation for sleaze than he does now.
For some reason, when he is accused of rape there is no questioning that it was a woman lying. He can make rape jokes or other PC faux pas with barely a murmur, yet Shermer is public enemy #1 for an innocent comment like "it's a guy thing", or Dawkins' mild disagreement on the elevator thing buys him a lifetime spot on the enemies list.
If I were him I'd be worried. Teflon works really well, at least until it wears off.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Supertroy wrote:
Tribble wrote:
Ok. Back in the 1990s the US DoJ did a report on the Lifetime Likelihood of Victimization (the actual title). Based on a much higher rape-rate than we currently have in the US, the lifetime incidence of rape (including attempted rape) was 7% for white women. The chances of it happening twice were so low that it rounded down to 0%. Black women had a 10% chance of one. And a 1% chance of two.

So, when I read this, I think it's (a), this person is a statistical outlier who has gotten a real shitty hand because the chances of three-or-more* sexual assaults are extremely remote or (b) she's a liar and is seeking attention/lying for feminism. I don't know which case is the truth. Because, while case (a) is highly unlikely, the world is big and there's plenty of room for a small number of triple-dippers in the 'just got horribly unlucky' pool.

But my warning bells are ringing and I also keep a healthy dose of skepticism in reserve to insure I don't get sucked into a load of BS. (This is from not having that skepticism when I was younger and getting burned badly.)

*she said multiple, not two. Therefore I don't think it's unreasonable to believe at least three is implied.
Wouldn't it be more likely to think, given a bit later on in the FB discussion that she wants to know about "where rape victims from 50 years ago can get justice", that her multiple instances of rape are rooted in childhood sexual abuse?
Is she talking about herself? And why is she talking about rape kits then? And the statute of limitations... I don't know where she's from, but in the US about half the States have NO statutes of limitations and those that do tend to have very long ones. Plus there are very extended SoLs for crimes that happen to children such as this rapist found out last year:
McCulloch said the first charge stems from an assault on a 16-year-old girl from around 1974 to 1976. The second involved a 15-year-old girl in 1995. McCulloch said the statute of limitations is 30 years, adding that that clock begins only after a minor becomes an adult. The statute of limitations for rape and sodomy varies because laws have changed over the years, he said.
At least, that's the way I read it. It has the benefit of meshing quite nicely with the story she gives (multiple rapes), makes the lack of timely reporting sensible, makes the cops response a bit more likely and understandable, and doesn't make her into a liar.
I don't know. Because her story is confused. Especially when she seems to imply that these are 'adult' (or at least teenage) instances because, in her words "I never went to the police for any of them except one..." which implies she could have gone to the police. Only, for some reason she didn't. (Which is also a red-flag in my book.)

Honestly, I find that her story is incoherent, lacks reasonableness and has a lot of red flags. If, some day, she manages to put a coherent story that makes sense my opinion on the matter may change. But right now, no. Too many holes. To many inconsistencies. Too many red flags.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

I don't get it. Do these feminists have magical vaginas or something? What are the odds of being raped so many times on so many different occasions in such an esoteric microcosm of society? It defies odds by orders of magnitude. It isn't even logical, especially given that rape in the U.S. has decreased by almost 60% in the last 20 years.

Why are these feminists getting raped every other day and not one person is powerful enough to stop it or get the perpetrators arrested?

It sounds like a conspiracy theory of the highest order, like the government is orchestrating this or something. I mean, that would make about as much sense.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Cunning Punt wrote:
ERV wrote:Janice Rael is an old timer. IIDB-- Everlasting God Stopper aka ELGS. Glad to see shes still a weirdo.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightat ... situation/

Deep Rifts from 2007. Never heard of any of this before.
Yeah and all the actions of the IIDB, if you changed the initials to FTB, would get no criticism from Adam Lee.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Gumby wrote:

I hate to admit it, but it took me a few seconds to realize you'd changed the face as well as added the caption. I was having a definite "I don't get it" moment until I realized that was Benson's face.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

After the great nuclear war happens, there will be two sets of survivors -- cockroaches and feminists.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tribble wrote:
I hate to admit it, but it took me a few seconds to realize you'd changed the face as well as added the caption. I was having a definite "I don't get it" moment until I realized that was Benson's face.
Benson is significantly uglier than the original actor. She is just so...sour.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

jjbinx007 wrote:As we know, Elevatorgate is using Storify "To collate public tweets. Particularly to collate evidence of wrong doings, for example, violent rhetoric."

EG goes on to say: "I collect tweets from a wide variety of people, including people who I follow, and follow me back on twitter. Funny conversations. Interesting conversations etc. There is no focused effort to “taunt” specific women. Some may appear in more stories than others, but that’s because they tweet a lot and are central figures in the communities they represent. They are publishing their views publicly. Just like any other medium, they can’t expect not to be commented on in a public space."
Right wing nutjob Michelle Malkin actually has a really popular site (well, popular among right wingnuts) called Twitchy, where she does what EG does, but a hundred times bigger. This is not new and in fact, it's becoming a new model for many "critique" and editorial sites. They're popping up all over the place. It's not against the law. These people have such an inflated view of themselves and such an entitlement mentality. They're such assholes.

codelette

Post by codelette »

JackRayner wrote:

From Brian Fields' FB thread https://www.facebook.com/fieldsb/posts/ ... 9083034817

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSyPCd1CUAAYguL.jpg:large
Alright alright alright. So, let me get this straight. This woman

—> Says she's been raped a gazillion times
—> Says she's never gone to the police [in time for a rape kit to be used]
—> Blames police because rape kits go unused?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people? Also...how exactly does she know whether the police give a fuck about sexual crimes or not if she doesn't go to them 'til long after the crime has been committed, and on only one occasion? What the fuck is the police supposed to do? Organize territory-wide patrols, in which cops carrying rape kits at the ready ask everyone if they've been raped?

Fucking magnets, how do they work?! :doh:
So, yeah...two points

1) Googled "Janice Rael"
This happened:
http://media.philly.com/images/600*450/ ... ri31-b.JPG
2) Googled "Natasha Leggero"
[youtube]jW2VtasPdoE[/youtube]
Yep.

Supertroy

Post by Supertroy »

Tribble wrote: I don't know. Because her story is confused. Especially when she seems to imply that these are 'adult' (or at least teenage) instances because, in her words "I never went to the police for any of them except one..." which implies she could have gone to the police. Only, for some reason she didn't. (Which is also a red-flag in my book.)

Honestly, I find that her story is incoherent, lacks reasonableness and has a lot of red flags. If, some day, she manages to put a coherent story that makes sense my opinion on the matter may change. But right now, no. Too many holes. To many inconsistencies. Too many red flags.
That last part was, I think, the reason I wanted to put it in her childhood rather than as an adult. The holes, shitty narrative, the sheer outlandishness of the entire thing, and 50 year timeline all suggested to me that the narrative was formed after the fact to fill in details.

Which is not to say, I'm an expert or anything. I've just been involved a survivor of sexual abuse or two in my time. I learned very quickly to take the broad claims at face value, while taking the specific examples with a smidgen of salt. It was clear something had fucked them up, and they had issues around sexuality and this example "triggered" me.

But whatever, I mean I'm of the mindset that what you expect me to do about a rape charge will feed back into what I ask for in the way of proof. You want support and sympathy, fine that's a pretty low barrier, and I'll probably require a pretty high degree of resistance to contrary evidence. You want me to exclude a potential in-laws from some theoretical life we might have together? Again a pretty low threshold. You want me to go and take some vengeance out of your father's hide? Okay, maybe I'm going to need a bit of evidence before I consider putting myself at risk for jail time. I'd tend to put Janice's claim towards the lower end of that spectrum.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

[quote="codelette"
1) Googled "Janice Rael"
This happened:
[/quote]

Ooh, Shermer was filling the wrong glass.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

bhoytony wrote:
codelette wrote: 1) Googled "Janice Rael"
This happened:
Ooh, Shermer was filling the wrong glass.
:lol:

DAMMIT! Now the pit is going to implode over ugly-shaming again! :?

codelette

Post by codelette »

“Well, obviously we have a RAPIST in all those atheist/skeptic cons. He’s climbin’ in your elevator, he’s winin' your people up, tryin’ to rape ‘em. So y’all need to hide your atheist, hide your skeptics, and hide your feminists cause they’re rapin’ everybody out here.”

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

JackRayner wrote:
Yeah, where's MKG when you need him?

codelette

Post by codelette »

Did I tell you guys that my neighbor is a convicted rapist? Did I tell that the accuser was a minor at the time and fucking STABBED him while he was assaulting her? Did I tell you that the accuser is a poor black girl?

Yep. Meanwhile in white middle class feminist land...they are afraid of the police cause they "won't believe me"...

Voryn

Post by Voryn »

JackRayner wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSyPCd1CUAAYguL.jpg:large
Alright alright alright. So, let me get this straight. This woman

—> Says she's been raped a gazillion times
—> Says she's never gone to the police [in time for a rape kit to be used]
—> Blames police because rape kits go unused?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these people? Also...how exactly does she know whether the police give a fuck about sexual crimes or not if she doesn't go to them 'til long after the crime has been committed, and on only one occasion? What the fuck is the police supposed to do? Organize territory-wide patrols, in which cops carrying rape kits at the ready ask everyone if they've been raped?

Fucking magnets, how do they work?! :doh:
If she's been living her whole life where FB has her located, well, that state doesn't have a statute of limitations on sexual assault (unless she was a minor, and the charge was criminal sexual contact).. States that do tend to be 10 years or mroe.. why would she wait that long? Why encourage people to not report it by saying they do nothing? Fucking assholes.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

bhoytony wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
I'm enjoying the break, myself. I've had my fill of condescending self-styled Jabberwocky for a while. He really puts the "ass" in aspie.

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

These people do realize that tweeting is voluntary, right? You don't *have* to have a Twitter account. They know this, don't they?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Gumby wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Tavfwh3.jpg

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Edina Monsoon wrote:
ERV wrote:Janice Rael is an old timer. IIDB-- Everlasting God Stopper aka ELGS. Glad to see shes still a weirdo.
IIDB?
Internet Infidels Discussion Board - a forum set up like this. it split apart due to infighting and some other things that happened while I was away from forums for a few years. The Freethought and Rationalism Discussion Board is one splinter (or a continuation, maybe?). There was another one that a lot of people went to, but I can't remember the name - when I visited there, all I saw was swearing and name-calling, so I never went back. It kinda looked like Pharyngula now (it may have changed, or I may have hit the wrong threads, but as I said, I didn't return. Why bother trying to discuss things if all you get were, "hey dumbass..." type retorts.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

You know, some day soon a competent creationist will come along. I know, I know, it will be a fucking miracle that almost proves god in itself. But it will happen, and he or she will look at this feminist/atheist rape stuff and laugh his/her ass off. And then turn it into a PR disaster for atheists. It won't be "all men are potential rapists" it will be "all atheist men are potential rapists."

TAM: Soon to be the Rape Capital of the USA!

In fact, shit, just ban sex at atheist conferences. Atheists clearly are not mature enough to handle sex at conferences. Sex is a tool of the patriarchy used to oppress women. Particularly any sex that involves a penis. So just ban sex. Actually, this is not quite a feminist enough answer. I just realized that I'm still being a chill boy and sister punisher (my sister isn't here atm, but I'm still punishing her). Not only should sex at conferences be banned, but all sex between a man and a woman is automatically rape if it happens at a conference. This includes all consensual sex. I'm not sure if the man should always be the rapist, or only be the rapist in 90% of cases, but we can hash that out later using the great process of freeze peach and democracy.

In any case, outlawing sex and making all sex count as rape at conferences will virtually eliminate all rape reports. We can even assign each woman a chaperone who travels with her at all times, to ensure nobody asks her if she would like to come to a man's room for coffee, and to make sure her wine glass is empty.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Well, that Rael photo spurred a bit more digging:

She's a Jersey Girl: Rape ("Sexual Assault"), No time limit N.J. Stat. § 2C:1-6(a)(1)

Also, it seems that she's not even 50. Assuming she went to the University of Charleston right after HS, she's about 45. Which correlates with her White Pages listing age range of 45-49. (And they get my age-range information spot on, so I'm thinking they're right.) She then seems to have, eventually, gone to graduate school at Rowan University or, perhaps, just finished her Bachelor's degree, I can't be sure.

If the rapes happened at Charleston , there is no Statute of Limitations in West Virginia. If they were at Rowen, it's a New Jersey sited university. If she's lived anywhere else, the White Pages aren't showing it, yet they've got me going back until 1984...

So, I'm even more skeptical of her story... Unless this happened while driving through in a different state, or further back than any reasonably available records, things are really not adding up with her story.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote:Did I tell you guys that my neighbor is a convicted rapist? Did I tell that the accuser was a minor at the time and fucking STABBED him while he was assaulting her? Did I tell you that the accuser is a poor black girl?

Yep. Meanwhile in white middle class feminist land...they are afraid of the police cause they "won't believe me"...
And they'd be right, because the police would not be amused by the current feminist redefinition of what constitutes rape.
Police: "So you're saying, ma'am, that you were raped because someone through a party and a waiter refilled your wine glass when you finished your wine?"

"Victim": YES!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!! I GOT SO SMASHED AND I COULDN'T GIVE CONSENT!!!

Police: "So, did the person in your report rape you or otherwise assault you, either before or after you got drunk?"

"Victim": Um, well, no, actually, a friend just helped me to my room and that was it. But it was RAAAAAAPE I KNOW IT!!! Because some of my memories were a bit blurry! And he LOOKED at me funny!

Police: "GTFO and quit wasting our time."
I posit that it is the number of bullshit rape allegations, and the ensuing wailing of "OMG THE COPS WOULDN'T HELP ME THE COPS SUCK DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME GOING TO THEM", that makes LEGITIMATE RAPE VICTIMS think that the police won't help because all they hear is "OMG COPS WON'T HELP" and not the rest of the story. In other words, these faux SJW "rape victims" and their anti-cop propaganda make it tougher for REAL victims to feel comfortable about going to the cops. The so-called feminists are hurting actual rape victims.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

yomomma wrote:These people do realize that tweeting is voluntary, right? You don't *have* to have a Twitter account. They know this, don't they?
Oh, says the Chill Girl of the Patriachy!!!

Seriously though, ElevatorGATE's existence is harassment. That he lives and breaths just ruins their pathetic lives.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Gumby wrote:
codelette wrote:Did I tell you guys that my neighbor is a convicted rapist? Did I tell that the accuser was a minor at the time and fucking STABBED him while he was assaulting her? Did I tell you that the accuser is a poor black girl?

And they'd be right, because the police would not be amused by the current feminist redefinition of what constitutes rape.
Police: "So you're saying, ma'am, that you were raped because someone through a party and a waiter refilled your wine glass when you finished your wine?"

"Victim": YES!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!! I GOT SO SMASHED AND I COULDN'T GIVE CONSENT!!!

Police: "So, did the person in your report rape you or otherwise assault you, either before or after you got drunk?"

"Victim": Um, well, no, actually, a friend just helped me to my room and that was it. But it was RAAAAAAPE I KNOW IT!!! Because some of my memories were a bit blurry! And he LOOKED at me funny!

Police: "GTFO and quit wasting our time."
I posit that it is the number of bullshit rape allegations, and the ensuing wailing of "OMG THE COPS WOULDN'T HELP ME THE COPS SUCK DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME GOING TO THEM", that makes LEGITIMATE RAPE VICTIMS think that the police won't help because all they hear is "OMG COPS WON'T HELP" and not the rest of the story. In other words, these faux SJW "rape victims" and their anti-cop propaganda make it tougher for REAL victims to feel comfortable about going to the cops. The so-called feminists are hurting actual rape victims.

You mean like this:

[youtube]dia2XFqHnj4[/youtube]

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Gumby wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
I'm enjoying the break, myself. I've had my fill of condescending self-styled Jabberwocky for a while. He really puts the "ass" in aspie.
Well, good thing too - judging from a debate that MKG had with Anonymouscowherd a few months back - MKG has some very strong opinions on population/resources etc :P If he had been around it would have been a right clusterfuck of outraged arguing :)

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

James Caruthers wrote:You know, some day soon a competent creationist will come along. I know, I know, it will be a fucking miracle that almost proves god in itself. But it will happen, and he or she will look at this feminist/atheist rape stuff and laugh his/her ass off. And then turn it into a PR disaster for atheists. It won't be "all men are potential rapists" it will be "all atheist men are potential rapists."

TAM: Soon to be the Rape Capital of the USA!

In fact, shit, just ban sex at atheist conferences. Atheists clearly are not mature enough to handle sex at conferences. Sex is a tool of the patriarchy used to oppress women. Particularly any sex that involves a penis. So just ban sex. Actually, this is not quite a feminist enough answer. I just realized that I'm still being a chill boy and sister punisher (my sister isn't here atm, but I'm still punishing her). Not only should sex at conferences be banned, but all sex between a man and a woman is automatically rape if it happens at a conference. This includes all consensual sex. I'm not sure if the man should always be the rapist, or only be the rapist in 90% of cases, but we can hash that out later using the great process of freeze peach and democracy.

In any case, outlawing sex and making all sex count as rape at conferences will virtually eliminate all rape reports. We can even assign each woman a chaperone who travels with her at all times, to ensure nobody asks her if she would like to come to a man's room for coffee, and to make sure her wine glass is empty.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... a01808.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Aneris wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Fuck me.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... /#comments

I need a break.
You can't reason people out of a position they never reasoned themselves into in the first place, as the saying goes.

But you gave it a helluva try. :clap:
It's always the same broken record with them it seems. The regulars come in, “go meta” (i.e. ignore whatever you wrote), but make “final judgment” like “you lie”, “you are stupid/obtuse/misogynist” etc. and give the impression it was crystal clear. Done. Then they are cocksure that this will somehow pass as critical thinking. Seriously, the road in front of my door has more intelligence and more empathy even after a roadkill.

@Pitchguest
Take this magic weapon into the Land of the Baboons ... It probably needs too much intelligence and/or complicated reasoning for them to comprehend this, but it's worth a try. Some unwitting onlookers will get it. It's from our public memberlist, button upper corner (and they can confirm and log in and check it out themselves).

http://i.imgur.com/uaRxbqb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uaRxbqb.jpg
Yeah, I mean it's so stupid. In the very first paragraph he gets it wrong, and he just keeps going. What happened to researching sources and verifying them before you go out guns blazing, or "damning the torpedoes" as some fuckwit said on Ian Murphy's blog.

Observe. The very first paragraph:
So I had a revealing conversation with the Slymepit’s Richard Sanderson today on twitter…
Did you? Did you really?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

bhoytony wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
MKG is busy in real life. I am sure he would not mind me quoting this bit here:
My daughter has *very* recently popped out my first Grandson.
Compared to that, I suspect he finds the emotional needs of the usual suspects to be less than compelling.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tribble wrote:
You mean like this:

[.youtube]dia2XFqHnj4[/youtube]
Um, yeah, like that.

Git

Post by Git »

Tribble wrote:
Git wrote:
Gefan wrote:
Interesting.

I'd take issue with the bit where it's claimed that Grover Norquist and Richard Dawkins are natural antagonists.
If Dawkin's were to find a way to carpet bomb the next Southern Baptist Covention, Norquist would, at minimum, try and get him a tax deduction on the bombs (whilst trying hard not to look too pleased).
Peezus has made it clear in the past that one has to agree 100% with his Proglodyte-ism to even be considered part of the "movement". And one must agree with him for the *same* reasons too, it seems. Its classic ideological purity, and its rampant on the US left, and is starting to make inroads here too in the UK (the AV Referendum is a prime example)
Oh, fucking please, lock-step horseshit like that is on both ends and from where I'm sitting there's not one hair's worth of lock-step ideological purity between the unthinking idiots who frequent the Daily Kos (left) and LGF (right). Both fucking sets are purity ideologues who'll turn on their own in heart-beat over trivial doctrinal differences. Both sets also have their luddites. The right can't see obvious shit like global warming, smoking causes cancer and a ton of other things. The left gets whacked out about GMO, and environmental causes.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that, but when it comes to the current situation , Peezus et al ain't members of the Tea Party are they? This whole thing is a movement from the left. The Tea Party are an equivalent movement from the right, but the fucking Tea Party isn't looking to take over the skeptical movement are they?
Tribble wrote:And frankly, while I took you off the filter because you seemed to finally stop the idiotic 'left is this, left is that' and 'only the right gets it crap,' I can see that, like a drunk, you can't stay on the 'thinking' wagon.
Perish the thought someone disagrees with you eh?

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

another lurker wrote: Well, good thing too - judging from a debate that MKG had with Anonymouscowherd a few months back - MKG has some very strong opinions on population/resources etc :P If he had been around it would have been a right clusterfuck of outraged arguing :)
It would have been an epic battle of smarter-than-thou snotty putdowns, fer sher :lol:

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

deLurch wrote:
Mykeru wrote:The conference culture is different: They act like they are having Groundhog Day at those things where all the cool kids are doing it, and the lie is there is no consequences and no hangover because they treat these things like they exist outside of time. Until the next morning where people's heads hurt and they have vague memories of someone touching someone else, if only if it was someone holding back their hair to puke.
What I don't understand are the speakers who will booze it up heavily the night before they have to do a speech. A speech is essentially a performance. I don't see how anyone thinks they can do a competent job hung over.
Have you seen Becky speak? Being drunk is probably her way of steeling her nerves to speak about things she rarely knows about - she either parrots other people or else talks endlessly about herself. Maybe being hung over gives her an excuse for being bad, or at least she may think so. Now, the audience, they would benefit from being drunk, but if you made a game (say, one drink per smirk, slam the drink for a rape=threat email/twitter/etc), you'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.

Re: the IIDB split - is that the one - 2007? I thought I was back on forums before that, but it could be. All I remember was some mods doing something to others, but I wasn't involved so I didn't really care.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Gumby wrote:
another lurker wrote: Well, good thing too - judging from a debate that MKG had with Anonymouscowherd a few months back - MKG has some very strong opinions on population/resources etc :P If he had been around it would have been a right clusterfuck of outraged arguing :)
It would have been an epic battle of smarter-than-thou snotty putdowns, fer sher :lol:
I believe it would have been a lot of fun for interested bystanders.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Just read this:
I have massive phone anxiety.
The world is such a scary place for some people...
[youtube]Iz3yAo6tabI[/youtube]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Pitchguest wrote:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... /#comments

<snip>

Yeah, I mean it's so stupid. In the very first paragraph he gets it wrong, and he just keeps going. What happened to researching sources and verifying them before you go out guns blazing, or "damning the torpedoes" as some fuckwit said on Ian Murphy's blog.

Observe. The very first paragraph:
So I had a revealing conversation with the Slymepit’s Richard Sanderson today on twitter…
Did you? Did you really?
You might wish to read, and point Avicenna to, Lousy Canuck’s post on mythologizing that supposedly only happens in “THE PIT (and the Pendulum)”.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... mythology/

Git

Post by Git »

robnixxo wrote:
Dude, after an atheist event we all went to eat somewhere. One of the poly chicks asked me to be a part of her harem. I told her I had a gf. She was all like "i'm just joking, it's okay to say yes". It was after I had a few drinks. OMG. I coulda' been rapped that day.
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6202943_f260.jpg

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Aneris wrote:This just came in.

http://i.imgur.com/Oy1JQXU.jpg
Is that for real? From where?

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Just got my car back from the painter today. Figure I'll have it back together just in time for the first snowfall. :roll:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7427/9616 ... 528e_b.jpg
82 Nissan/Datsun 280zx Turbo

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Pitchguest wrote: Observe. The very first paragraph:
Did you? Did you really?
Come on, you know that being a Pitter is more of a state of mind, or a state of being, than anything like, actually being a member. Anyone who disagrees with them is automatically one of us, because we are Hell, and Satan's minions, and all that. We're everything corrupt and vile and unholy, all rolled into one nice, neat package. Plus, it means that they don't have to look at any evidence we provide, because, well, Satan is the Father of Lies and all.

It fits their narrative and victim mindset. You can't have a Crusade, a Witch Hunt, or a Holocaust without someone being the bad guy (or is that "Bad Patriarchal Guy").

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:This is one of those situations where there's nothing you can say that won't be misconstrued as victim blaming. It's almost like that phrase was designed specifically to shield people who swallow ideological party lines whole and act like children. By, I don't know, repeatedly refusing to go to police to get a rape kid done, because "the police don't care and rapists are never prosecuted." After the 4th time of not reporting and not catching the guy, one would think a "teachable moment" would occur and she'd call the cops.
I was thinking WTF too. Like go live in a better neighborhood. But we honestly don't know what went on. For all we know she was abused as a child by a parent. I place less culpability on minors for being able to make adult decisions.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tribble wrote:Ok. Back in the 1990s the US DoJ did a report on the Lifetime Likelihood of Victimization (the actual title). Based on a much higher rape-rate than we currently have in the US, the lifetime incidence of rape (including attempted rape) was 7% for white women. The chances of it happening twice were so low that it rounded down to 0%. Black women had a 10% chance of one. And a 1% chance of two.

So, when I read this, I think it's (a), this person is a statistical outlier who has gotten a real shitty hand because the chances of three-or-more* sexual assaults are extremely remote or
Child abuse does happen. Even IF that 0% chance was 0.1%, it would be 1 in 1,000. Given the population size of the US, or even for atheists as a whole, that would be a lot of people.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:Just got my car back from the painter today. Figure I'll have it back together just in time for the first snowfall. :roll:

[.img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7427/9616 ... 528e_b.jpg[/img]
82 Nissan/Datsun 280zx Turbo

Niiiiiiiice. I haven't seen one of those on the road in quite a while. And definitely not one so new and shiny looking!

Actually the car across the street looks a lot like my boring ride.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 8667ff.jpg

Random Lurker

Post by Random Lurker »

yomomma wrote:These people do realize that tweeting is voluntary, right? You don't *have* to have a Twitter account. They know this, don't they?

Fucking rape apologist. Next you'll be saying that someone /doesn't/ have to drain their wine glass each time someone tops it off, right?

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

More evidence that Shermer uses alcohol for nefarious purposes. In this latest SciAm column called "The Dangers of Keeping and Open Mind" he says:
My candidate for the most interesting scientist in history I would like to have a beer with is Alfred Russell Wallace, ....
What this clearly shows is that if Wallace was alive and attended A/S cons, he would have been long ago made drunk and then raped by Shermer. That bastard. We must tell our Lord and Master PZ (PBUH) about this at once so he can add this to his "Grenade" post.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

H. Korban wrote:Lord and Master PZ (PBUH) ...
:lol:

I don't know why this cracked me up, but it did!

And that's a good point, Steers. If they keep at it, I'll definitely cram it in there.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tribble wrote:After the great nuclear war happens, there will be two sets of survivors -- cockroaches and feminists.
Oh, that is a classy comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/lOGNoVT.jpg

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

H. Korban

Post by H. Korban »

yomomma wrote: <snip>
It sounds like a conspiracy theory of the highest order, like the government is orchestrating this or something. I mean, that would make about as much sense.
It is a conspiracy of the Catholic Church. They have been praying to Jesus Christ to smite the atheists with the rape-virus. In fact, pope Benedict resigned as could no longer handle the pressure knowing that so many women had been raped at A/S cons, a direct result of this prayer conspiracy.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

deLurch wrote:
Tribble wrote:Ok. Back in the 1990s the US DoJ did a report on the Lifetime Likelihood of Victimization (the actual title). Based on a much higher rape-rate than we currently have in the US, the lifetime incidence of rape (including attempted rape) was 7% for white women. The chances of it happening twice were so low that it rounded down to 0%. Black women had a 10% chance of one. And a 1% chance of two.

So, when I read this, I think it's (a), this person is a statistical outlier who has gotten a real shitty hand because the chances of three-or-more* sexual assaults are extremely remote or
Child abuse does happen. Even IF that 0% chance was 0.1%, it would be 1 in 1,000. Given the population size of the US, or even for atheists as a whole, that would be a lot of people.

Yeah, I understand that. But if she's claiming 50-years ago, it happened before she was born if the public information about her is right. And since I tested those public sources with people I know, and they came up right, I'm thinking this is a story that has grown in the telling and no longer has any real credibility.

Especially since the two places I know she was in for most, if not all her life, don't have Statute of Limitations for rape. Yet she claims otherwise.

Now, maybe there is some missing information. But I'm too old and have seen, too many times, the pack-of-lies-that-keeps-growing until one day it hits a critical mass of 'obvious problems.' It's not just women who lie, either. Men lie about all kinds of shit that increases their social status with their peer group, about such things as being Navy Seals, winning the Medal of Honor, being Rangers and Green Berets.

It's an attention thing. It's sad as hell. But it happens. I've had men and women pull that shit on me plenty of times when I was young, so I learned to be polite on the outside, understand that it 'could' be true, but to also understand the only place it might be 'true' is in their heads.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Here's a case the radfems should spend their time being outraged about... that is, if they weren't so involved in their own non-problems.
A mother in Montana is outraged that a high school teacher who admitted raping her 14-year-old daughter received only a month in prison, while her daughter took her own life.

The sentence was a travesty, the mother, Auliea Hanlon, told CNN on Wednesday night, two days after the sentencing.

"I was horrified. Horrified," she said. "He broke the law, he confessed, and he got to walk away."

Hanlon said she was particularly upset that the sentencing judge, G. Todd Baugh, said her daughter "seemed older than her chronological age" and was "as much in control of the situation" as the teacher.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/justice/m ... ?hpt=hp_c2

But hey, what's that compared to the horrific rapey experience of having a waiter refill your wine glass?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

James Caruthers wrote:In fact, shit, just ban sex at atheist conferences.
So banning sex, booze... I think we forgot to ban cameras too. Because people like monpod man like to take pictures and it must be for no good reason.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tribble wrote:Well, that Rael photo spurred a bit more digging:

She's a Jersey Girl: Rape ("Sexual Assault"), No time limit N.J. Stat. § 2C:1-6(a)(1)

Also, it seems that she's not even 50. Assuming she went to the University of Charleston right after HS, she's about 45. Which correlates with her White Pages listing age range of 45-49. (And they get my age-range information spot on, so I'm thinking they're right.) She then seems to have, eventually, gone to graduate school at Rowan University or, perhaps, just finished her Bachelor's degree, I can't be sure.

If the rapes happened at Charleston , there is no Statute of Limitations in West Virginia. If they were at Rowen, it's a New Jersey sited university. If she's lived anywhere else, the White Pages aren't showing it, yet they've got me going back until 1984...
Laws change over time. Were those statues of no limitation on time in place?