Bleeding from the Bunghole

Old subthreads

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Dick Strawkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:27 am  •  [Post 4441]

Verklagekasper wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Actually fuck it, I'm going to do it. I'll let you know if I get modded and prevented from even posting it.

Good luck on that. I doubt though they would consider for a second that the alleged Slymepit accusations against Avicenna are a piece of fiction originating in the mind of Avicenna, and that it was enhanced by ool0n with fictional detail so well that Avicenna now believes himself that the story is true.


I think that anyone who would take the time to seriously troll Avicenna with a rape accusation would also make sure it's not one of the two examples which he has already mentioned on his blog and for which he has zero danger of being unable to prove an alibi.

There is something not quite right with this whole incident.
:think:

Anyway, he's given a fuller reply now

Avicenna

August 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

The accusation was made via E-Mail while I was at work. I disposed of it since “Lol, Hate Mail!”. And it was blatantly stupid. I have never been to TAM ever. In addition Mabus was doing the rounds so I just put it down to his nonsense.

A few days later when logging back in, I realised that more than one accusation has been made at the same time. I then realised that this makes me liable should anyone accuse me on here of ignoring “accusations”. So I released the claim myself. However I did so with the point that I actually have an Alibi.

I poked around the Slymefront today. I noticed someone saying “alibis don’t count”. They do when you are in another country on the other side of the bloody planet. Despite what my ex-girlfriends may say, my penis is not that large and is not visible from space.

It is physically impossible to have raped someone or molested someone or twerked someone or bought someone a drink or approached them in an elevator for “coffee” at TAM as I wasn’t at TAM, wasn’t in the USA and more than a 1000 miles away. I have NEVER been to TAM and judging from the way I am treated currently am unlikely to be willing to do so since I am just someone who’s life was set to be ruined by a stupid allegation for the sake of an Internet Debate.

People said “meh at that point” and left it at that. Because it was clearly a stupid allegation.

Richard however brought it up without the response of “It’s A Stupid Allegation and Blatantly Incorrect”. The most important point of me mentioning it was my alibi.

Either this meant that Richard simply didn’t know about the alibi meaning he never saw the response to the original allegation or someone he knew told him about the allegation without the alibi. Either way it’s mighty fucking suspicious to bring it up suddenly.

The stupid allegation caused me no financial distress since I don’t work for money. BUT it did cost a Charity Money. We had to pay for chaperones at all times and I had to delay lists forcing midwifes to take over and overwork on others who took up the slack. It cost time to go through my criminal records and to prove travel documentation.

Had I not done this and Richard said what he said, I would have been in a lot more trouble and under pending investigations. The fact that I brought it up myself granted me some leeway with work.

Can you see why I am suspicious? No one’s brought it up for weeks and suddenly up pops the allegation without the defence? Oh and I poked around the Slymepit. I know a lot of people are going “why aren’t they taking these accusations seriously”.

2 weeks of observation, paperwork, security checks and re-clearance plus chaperoned.

That’s pretty serious. And the worst part is they accused me while I was working in women’s healthcare. So I have to put up another 2 weeks worth of work. 120 hours in total to make up for hours lost.

Still think those faux rape accusations are funny and helpful?




Seems like he's completely avoiding the point that Sanderson simply pointed to an accusation made by oolon and he is claiming that we at the slymepit are asking the question "“why aren’t they taking these accusations seriously” when it's blindingly obvious that nobody here is making that point.

Something very fishy is going on here.
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Verklagekasper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 am  •  [Post 4442]

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Avicenna

August 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

Actually after that I was accused of raping someone at TAM 2013… That’s what they are discussing rather than this hypothetical.


Wait a moment. This is what Avicenna said: "Because when I admitted publically about the accusation, I also pointed out that I had an alibi."
There is such an account of his. But it is about hypothetical accusations. There is no other public account of his matching that description, let alone one that is non-hypothetical. He is making up shit again.
Verklagekasper
.
.
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Gefan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:36 am  •  [Post 4443]

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Verklagekasper wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Actually fuck it, I'm going to do it. I'll let you know if I get modded and prevented from even posting it.

Good luck on that. I doubt though they would consider for a second that the alleged Slymepit accusations against Avicenna are a piece of fiction originating in the mind of Avicenna, and that it was enhanced by ool0n with fictional detail so well that Avicenna now believes himself that the story is true.


I think that anyone who would take the time to seriously troll Avicenna with a rape accusation would also make sure it's not one of the two examples which he has already mentioned on his blog and for which he has zero danger of being unable to prove an alibi.

There is something not quite right with this whole incident.
:think:


It's almost as if certain people who are used to plotting through back channels, have not yet figured out that, in a lawsuit records can be subpoenaed and people can be deposed under oath.
Way back in the upper Cretaceous period of all this nonsense a certain someone observed that sooner or later the baboons would overreach, a civil suit would be filed over something and then all sorts of amazing stuff would come to light.
When the light is finally shone into the darker corners of baboondom all sorts of scurrying will ensue.
Gefan
.
.
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: In a handbasket, apparently.

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 am  •  [Post 4444]

Za-zen wrote:In honour of Matt hopefully stopping drinking (and serving the koolaid) i've changed my sig.



I think he talked back when he should have just shut up and listen. I bet it was because nobody reminded him to check his privilege.

Remember; a good ally is a silent pushover who does what he's told and accepts any abuse instead of debating it.
Guest
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Verklagekasper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:48 am  •  [Post 4445]

Dick Strawkins wrote:I think that anyone who would take the time to seriously troll Avicenna with a rape accusation would also make sure it's not one of the two examples which he has already mentioned on his blog and for which he has zero danger of being unable to prove an alibi.

There is something not quite right with this whole incident.
:think:

Come on, it totally makes sense. In a Twin Peaks way. Or Lost way. Or in a women's way of knowing way.
Verklagekasper
.
.
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Gumby » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:51 am  •  [Post 4446]

Verklagekasper wrote:Come on, it totally makes sense. In a Twin Peaks way. Or Lost way. Or in a women's way of knowing way.


It all makes sense when you think of reason as a toilet.
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:40 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tribble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:53 am  •  [Post 4447]

Za-zen wrote:So TJ claims he knows who Shermer's accuser is. How the fuck?! Really, how the fuck?! I don't get how TJ became privy to this information, i am not saying his claim is bs, what i am saying is, how the fuck?!

As far as i'm aware he isn't big buddies with Shermer, nor is he big buddies with carrie the looney tune, or any of the crazy set, so how the fuck does he come by this info?! Interesting, interesting, interesting, the soup thickens.


You know most people can't keep secrets. They pass on the 'sworn to secrecy' information and then act shocked when the 'person sworn to secrecy' blabs it to the next person in the ever-increasing chain who in turn blabs it. And so on. And so on. And so on.

So, it's likely Carrie Poppy or Myers blabbed it to someone who blabbed it and it got to TJ. But TJ, from what I've read, is not the only one who claims to know who it is outside the 'in-group' circle.
Tribble
.
.
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby mary (abbie's ilk) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:54 am  •  [Post 4448]

Pitchguest wrote:My attempt at inserting some common sense at Avicenna's. All for naught: it's to the turd.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... ent-132015

Here's where I address Avicenna's frankly idiotic post about applying blame to the Slymepit (collectively)* for something someone else did (and not guaranteed it's Rich Sanderson - he's just assuming Rich is behind it). Scepticism in action!

*which is hilarious, due to this exchange

https://twitter.com/Million_Gods/status ... 3802488832

Decry blanket statements; make blanket statements of your own. Yay!


+1 for trying to reason with the unreasonable...I always feel like my forehead is cracked and bleeding from running into the brick wall after visiting ftb...I've never left a comment..

ok...so uhm..what does "dox" mean... other than I used to prescribe it for nasty infections.. and I'm pretty sure that is not what is being referred to...
mary (abbie's ilk)
.
.
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby deLurch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 am  •  [Post 4449]

Dick Strawkins wrote:I think that anyone who would take the time to seriously troll Avicenna with a rape accusation would also make sure it's not one of the two examples which he has already mentioned on his blog and for which he has zero danger of being unable to prove an alibi.

There is something not quite right with this whole incident.
:think:

I agree something is way off. Pretty much nobody acknowledges Avicenna's existence. He barely merits a blip on anyone's radar. To the best of my knowledge he hardly blogs as he is working. Sure he was mentioned here when he first started blogging on FTB. And a couple of people picked on a couple of his posts. But I don't think most people were really aware that he existed. Hardly meat to take pot shots at.

For someone to take a pot shot at him for being on FTB, you would think this miscreant would just as well have done it to all the men on FTB. But to date, he is the only person on FTB stating they received an email like that.

Perhaps this was something more personal. Avicenna, do you have anyone you have royally pissed off recently? Or perhaps pissed off a person who has bat-shit crazy friends?
deLurch
.
.
 
Posts: 7061
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:11 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Za-zen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:03 am  •  [Post 4450]

Just to clarify for Mykeru, every so often there seems to be a flicker of reality that sparks in Matt's head, but then the brethren flock to make sure he isn't backsliding, and reassure him that god has a plan.

Matt's in too deep to leave that church, oh he'll dissent now and again from some of their public ravings, much like the xtian who doesn't believe in faith healing, in a church that practises faith healing, because their other teachings about god are spot on. Plus he really likes the cookies they serve on sunday morning.
Za-zen
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby James Caruthers » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:07 am  •  [Post 4451]

I think Avicenna should publish a retraction (or edit the OP) removing Sanderson from the blog title and removing suggestions that he is his accuser from the blog post. Because this seems to be very much not the case. He is welcome to add Oolon's name as somebody who leaked sensitive information, and call Sanderson out for being a gullible sod who repeats rumors from Oolon of all bloody people.

It is also ridiculous to paint the slymepit as the only place a false rape accuser might hail from. Thunderfoot's video on the shermer rape accusations got a crazy amount of attention and praise from youtube atheists. That would be my first port of call (since it is the largest port) if I were looking for angry people who might be willing to troll to make a point.
James Caruthers
.
.
 
Posts: 6257
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tribble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 am  •  [Post 4452]

Dick Strawkins wrote:

Seems like he's completely avoiding the point that Sanderson simply pointed to an accusation made by oolon and he is claiming that we at the slymepit are asking the question "“why aren’t they taking these accusations seriously” when it's blindingly obvious that nobody here is making that point.

Something very fishy is going on here.


It's because they haven't figure ool0n trolls them, too. So they have to adjust their perceptions of reality to fit ool0n's trolling into the 'benign support' category even though he's (from my perspective at least) playing both sides to keep the little war at a higher pitch than it would other wise maintain of its own volition.
Tribble
.
.
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Lsuoma » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:12 am  •  [Post 4453]

VickyCaramel wrote:
bovarchist wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks the second picture looks photoshopped?


Nope, both have been 'enhanced'.

[ img ]
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tribble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 am  •  [Post 4454]

mary (abbie's ilk) wrote:
ok...so uhm..what does "dox" mean... other than I used to prescribe it for nasty infections.. and I'm pretty sure that is not what is being referred to...


To publish identifying personal information, like name, employer, residence, etc. It's usually done to incite cyber-bullying and harassment.
Tribble
.
.
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am  •  [Post 4455]

With regards to TheAmazingAtheist's AVFM interview, it was actually the person on the other end who claimed to know the accuser (Paul Elam maybe? I don't follow AVFM much, but I have seen a lot of TheAmazingAtheist's videos).
Guest
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Dick Strawkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:18 am  •  [Post 4456]

Dick Strawkins wrote:
OK, lets go through his latest statement in a little more detail:
Avicenna

August 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM (UTC 5.5) Link to this comment

The accusation was made via E-Mail while I was at work. I disposed of it since “Lol, Hate Mail!”. And it was blatantly stupid. I have never been to TAM ever. In addition Mabus was doing the rounds so I just put it down to his nonsense.


OK, one email arrives, presumably to his contact @gmail address that is on his site.
He thinks it was Mabus and so does nothing.

OK, no problem there.

A few days later when logging back in, I realised that more than one accusation has been made at the same time. I then realised that this makes me liable should anyone accuse me on here of ignoring “accusations”.


Hmm... one ridiculous and false accusation from Mabus and there's no problem.
Two accusations from Mabus means you have to do something serious?
Why?
So I released the claim myself. However I did so with the point that I actually have an Alibi.


He released the claim himself?
What does that mean?

I poked around the Slymefront today. I noticed someone saying “alibis don’t count”.


A search of the above phrase shows it on the slymepit in Avicenna's own quote.
There's no record of that phrase on the slymepit at the time he wrote it.

They do when you are in another country on the other side of the bloody planet. Despite what my ex-girlfriends may say, my penis is not that large and is not visible from space.


I don't think it's advisable at this point in time to start mentioning what your ex girlfriends are saying about you.

It is physically impossible to have raped someone or molested someone or twerked someone or bought someone a drink or approached them in an elevator for “coffee” at TAM as I wasn’t at TAM, wasn’t in the USA and more than a 1000 miles away. I have NEVER been to TAM and judging from the way I am treated currently am unlikely to be willing to do so since I am just someone who’s life was set to be ruined by a stupid allegation for the sake of an Internet Debate.


Is anyone here disputing this point?

People said “meh at that point” and left it at that. Because it was clearly a stupid allegation.
Richard however brought it up without the response of “It’s A Stupid Allegation and Blatantly Incorrect”. The most important point of me mentioning it was my alibi.


Richard linked to oolons post that seems to be the first instance anyone publicly mentions the allegation, and in so doing he calls it a false allegation.

"@ool0n How many over at FfTB have had ("false") rape allegations levelled at them? Avicenna has now joined the list. http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-617262 … "

This rape allegation claim by oolon doesn't mention TAM and so there is zero reason for Sanderson to discuss Avicennas alibi.

Either this meant that Richard simply didn’t know about the alibi meaning he never saw the response to the original allegation


What?
Where is the response to the original allegations?
Is there another post we are missing from the timeline?

or someone he knew told him about the allegation without the alibi.


Errr... wouldn't that be oolon, the person he links to in that very tweet?


Either way it’s mighty fucking suspicious to bring it up suddenly.


Not if his bringing it up suddenly is simply an example of the standard tweeting practice of quoting new pieces of information gleaned from comment threads.

The stupid allegation caused me no financial distress since I don’t work for money. BUT it did cost a Charity Money. We had to pay for chaperones at all times and I had to delay lists forcing midwifes to take over and overwork on others who took up the slack. It cost time to go through my criminal records and to prove travel documentation.


Is he seriously suggesting that Sanderson's link to oolons remark - with the description of it as a "false" allegation - was enough to institute a huge security operation? Remember, Avicenna assumes that the allegations are about TAM - and it is trivially easy for him to prove they were false because he was in India at the time (working for the same organization that is apparently now instituting the security clearance procedure due to allegations that he was in the USA last month!)


Had I not done this and Richard said what he said, I would have been in a lot more trouble and under pending investigations. The fact that I brought it up myself granted me some leeway with work.


Why?
The accusations are preposterous.
There is no way the organization would have even heard about the accusations in the first place because Avicenna is pseudonymous and so the only way the charity to hear about the charges would be if he personally told them.
Why tell anyone of such silly allegations?

Can you see why I am suspicious? No one’s brought it up for weeks and suddenly up pops the allegation without the defence?

Ask oolon about that one.

Oh and I poked around the Slymepit. I know a lot of people are going “why aren’t they taking these accusations seriously”.


Bollocks!

2 weeks of observation, paperwork, security checks and re-clearance plus chaperoned.
That’s pretty serious. And the worst part is they accused me while I was working in women’s healthcare. So I have to put up another 2 weeks worth of work. 120 hours in total to make up for hours lost.

Still think those faux rape accusations are funny and helpful?


:think:

I am suspicious.
Seems like he's completely avoiding the point that Sanderson simply pointed to an accusation made by oolon and he is claiming that we at the slymepit are asking the question "“why aren’t they taking these accusations seriously” when it's blindingly obvious that nobody here is making that point.

Something very fishy is going on here.
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Za-zen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 am  •  [Post 4457]

Guest wrote:With regards to TheAmazingAtheist's AVFM interview, it was actually the person on the other end who claimed to know the accuser (Paul Elam maybe? I don't follow AVFM much, but I have seen a lot of TheAmazingAtheist's videos).


Watch it again, i think you'll find you are incorrect
Za-zen
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tribble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 am  •  [Post 4458]

deLurch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:I think that anyone who would take the time to seriously troll Avicenna with a rape accusation would also make sure it's not one of the two examples which he has already mentioned on his blog and for which he has zero danger of being unable to prove an alibi.

There is something not quite right with this whole incident.
:think:

I agree something is way off. Pretty much nobody acknowledges Avicenna's existence. He barely merits a blip on anyone's radar. To the best of my knowledge he hardly blogs as he is working. Sure he was mentioned here when he first started blogging on FTB. And a couple of people picked on a couple of his posts. But I don't think most people were really aware that he existed. Hardly meat to take pot shots at.


I never heard of him until this morning. Or, if I did, I forgot immediately because he is, to me, a complete nobody in the blog-o-sphere.

For someone to take a pot shot at him for being on FTB, you would think this miscreant would just as well have done it to all the men on FTB. But to date, he is the only person on FTB stating they received an email like that.

Perhaps this was something more personal. Avicenna, do you have anyone you have royally pissed off recently? Or perhaps pissed off a person who has bat-shit crazy friends?


It half sounds like a troll. It half sounds like yet another 'just so story' false claim. Like that woman at the University of Wyoming who faked a rape threat, but was stupid enough to get caught: http://tinyurl.com/onlpd7n
Tribble
.
.
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tribble » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:39 am  •  [Post 4459]

For Ms Nectar, the NSFW version: Kilts & Cocks -- http://scotsmen.tumblr.com/
Tribble
.
.
 
Posts: 5101
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Service Dog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 am  •  [Post 4460]

Wow, Avicenna's writing substantiates Taslima's claim that Indian women are better-off seeking big, black Nigerian cock.


However, in typical feminist fashion, Taslima only examined the problem from a female-as-victim perspective:


Tiga's writing indicates that Indian men would be better off leaving their girlfriends for the comfort of big, black Nigerian cock, as well.
Service Dog
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby SAGuest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 am  •  [Post 4461]

Some interesting comments on Mr Deity’s ‘Did I "Blame the Victim?"’ video. From his clarification:

… As evidence of the supposed "M.O." of the accused, PZ quoted a woman who tells the following story...
The accused "was the guest of honor at an atheist event I attended in Fall 2006... I got my book signed, then at the post-speech party, [the accused] chatted with me at great length while refilling my wine glass repeatedly. I lost count of how many drinks I had. He was flirting with me and I am non-confrontational and unwilling to be rude, so I just laughed it off. He made sure my wine glass stayed full. And that's the entirety of my story.

My bit with the wine and refusing the refill was in response to that paragraph in PZ's post only…


Manfredo Aguilar commented:
I read the story on FreeThought and don't know what to think about it. The 'victim' was given alcohol and didn't want to be rude so she didn't refuse it? She didn't simply nurse her drink? She didn't simply put the glass down and walk away from it?
Why not simply be an adult and say "thanks but no." Because she's non confrontational? So she needs someone else to be responsible for her behavior?
This is not some scumbag drugging someone and taking advantage, it is a public event for adults.


Mr Deity responded:
Well, please note -- that's a woman who admits that absolutely no harm came to her. And I have it from two sources now that that's not even the way that situation went down. It was not a one-on-one with the accused, but a group of people. And the accused was not pouring the drink. He simply told the server to refill everyone (presumable everyone who wanted a refill). Does anyone really believe that the accused would be playing wine server at a Gala where he's the guest of honor? Really?


Down the page, Jenna Scoville comments:

… 3: The woman who drank the alcohol was NOT subsequently raped by Michael Shermer. A friend of her pulled her away because she was completely sloshed. No one is to blame for her being sloshed except for her.


Well, well ...
SAGuest
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:46 am  •  [Post 4462]

"Nettles, broken glass and a nice covering of cat shit. That's my bed made. Now to lie in it"


-Matt Dillahunty.
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Za-zen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:47 am  •  [Post 4463]

SAGuest wrote:Some interesting comments on Mr Deity’s ‘Did I "Blame the Victim?"’ video. From his clarification:

… As evidence of the supposed "M.O." of the accused, PZ quoted a woman who tells the following story...
The accused "was the guest of honor at an atheist event I attended in Fall 2006... I got my book signed, then at the post-speech party, [the accused] chatted with me at great length while refilling my wine glass repeatedly. I lost count of how many drinks I had. He was flirting with me and I am non-confrontational and unwilling to be rude, so I just laughed it off. He made sure my wine glass stayed full. And that's the entirety of my story.

My bit with the wine and refusing the refill was in response to that paragraph in PZ's post only…


Manfredo Aguilar commented:
I read the story on FreeThought and don't know what to think about it. The 'victim' was given alcohol and didn't want to be rude so she didn't refuse it? She didn't simply nurse her drink? She didn't simply put the glass down and walk away from it?
Why not simply be an adult and say "thanks but no." Because she's non confrontational? So she needs someone else to be responsible for her behavior?
This is not some scumbag drugging someone and taking advantage, it is a public event for adults.


Mr Deity responded:
Well, please note -- that's a woman who admits that absolutely no harm came to her. And I have it from two sources now that that's not even the way that situation went down. It was not a one-on-one with the accused, but a group of people. And the accused was not pouring the drink. He simply told the server to refill everyone (presumable everyone who wanted a refill). Does anyone really believe that the accused would be playing wine server at a Gala where he's the guest of honor? Really?


Down the page, Jenna Scoville comments:

… 3: The woman who drank the alcohol was NOT subsequently raped by Michael Shermer. A friend of her pulled her away because she was completely sloshed. No one is to blame for her being sloshed except for her.


Well, well ...


I triple dare you to post that on fftb, you victim blaming rape enabler
Za-zen
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Dick Strawkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 am  •  [Post 4464]

SAGuest wrote:
Down the page, Jenna Scoville comments:

… 3: The woman who drank the alcohol was NOT subsequently raped by Michael Shermer. A friend of her pulled her away because she was completely sloshed. No one is to blame for her being sloshed except for her.


Well, well ...


I don't think there was any implication that the woman who drank too much wine poured by Shermer was assaulted. It was instead implied that Shermer has a modus operandi whereby he plies women with alcohol until they get drunk and then, well, you know...

Or something like that.

Mind you I think it was implied that a similar thing may have happened to 'THE WOMAN' in the center of the current storm, except in her case he managed to have his evil way with her.

Or something like that.
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Dick Strawkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:55 am  •  [Post 4465]

Taslima is having one of her turns... :shock:

[ img ]
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Ape+lust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:05 am  •  [Post 4466]

SAGuest wrote:Mr Deity responded:
Well, please note -- that's a woman who admits that absolutely no harm came to her. And I have it from two sources now that that's not even the way that situation went down. It was not a one-on-one with the accused, but a group of people. And the accused was not pouring the drink. He simply told the server to refill everyone (presumable everyone who wanted a refill). Does anyone really believe that the accused would be playing wine server at a Gala where he's the guest of honor? Really?


Well, lookit that. If Mr Diety's sources are correct, someone spun Shermer's drinks-for-everybody Goodtime Charlie into their own snowflake victim story. How fecking low. I swear, there isn't anyone over there who doesn't think they're starring in their own little movie, playing to invisible cameras for an invisible audience of millions.
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:07 am  •  [Post 4467]

Dick Strawkins wrote:Taslima is having one of her turns... :shock:
]



Those aren't tweets. They're sexting each other lyrics from a timeless Bollywood love duet.

I'd add the words as subtitles below, but I just don't have the spoons.

[youtube]nNqvNpRyACY?t=1m[/youtube]
Guest
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Service Dog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:10 am  •  [Post 4468]

[youtube]nNqvNpRyACY[/youtube]
Service Dog
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Ape+lust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 am  •  [Post 4469]

Dick Strawkins wrote:Taslima is having one of her turns... :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/fyCaTF8.jpg


As long as she doesn't Storify the guy, she's good.
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 am  •  [Post 4470]

Taslima is making death threats on twitter! the SJW's are going to go mental about this!.....Any minute now.

[ img ]
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Dick Strawkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 am  •  [Post 4471]

Oolon has joined in the conversation at Avicenna's blog.

First, he points out that his accusation about the slymepit on Butterflies and Wheels was based on a further Avicenna blog post from the 13th of August:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongods/2013/08/13/skeptical-justice/

In that post Avicenna mentions the email TAM rape accusation.

I received an e-mail falsely accusing me of sexual harassment and rape at TAM 2013. More long term readers will know I have been ill for the past few days and so missed out on all the lovely too and fro. I don’t have any opinions on that. I do know that my detractors sent in an allegation that I consider stupid.

It’s simple. I was not at TAM. I have never been to TAM. I was not even in the USA and if asked to demonstrate so I can post pictures of my Passport which will have travel stamps and dates. In short? I have an alibi courtesy of the governments of the UK and India and such an allegation is blatantly stupid.

But remind me again? Why should I have any discourse with such people. You see, the reason for this was no to silence me. No that is just a by product of their dickery. It’s to poison the well. Oh look, people are making accusations. We can do the same! Hur Hur Hur! Aren’t we clever.

You aren’t. You are a fucking well poisoner. You set out specifically to make a faux accusation either knowing it would force me offline (since posting my passport would entail losing my anonymity) and ironically silencing one of the few voices from the ex-hindu atheist movement. Hurray for Diversity Eh? Or the other outcome is that you will dangle my defence as “SEE! YOUR ACCUSATIONS ARE LIKE MINE!”.

If that’s the case then I recant my defence. You can run around telling people that I am the second coming of goddamn Hitler if it fucking pleases you. If I can survive the worst India’s thrown at me, then I can survive these silly little accusations. Sure women will be more cautious around me, but if that’s the price we have to pay for women to be secure and come out of their hiding place and become equals in the atheist and skeptic movement then it’s a rather small price. But it’s a price that I will have to pay because the anti-FTB brigade decided to poison the well.

But here is the thing. Most of my readers know I have NEVER been to any conference. Most don’t know what I look like (hence the requests for that joke erotic calendar) and most know that I am too busy to be a direct participant. So to make such a claim is quite indicative of how horrid some of the members of the anti-FTB anti-A+ group are.


So at that point they were silly little accusations.
No need for pentagon level security procedures to be put into place.

"I can survive these silly little accusations. Sure women will be more cautious around me, but if that’s the price we have to pay for women to be secure and come out of their hiding place and become equals in the atheist and skeptic movement then it’s a rather small price. But it’s a price that I will have to pay because the anti-FTB brigade decided to poison the well."

What's more there is no indication that the email was anything to do with the slymepit.

So fast forward to August 26th.
Oolon, out of the blue, accuses the slymepit of spreading rape accusations:

oolon

August 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm (UTC -7) Link to this comment

Avicenna is not peripheral in terms of having the Slymepit try and remove his blogging income or spreading false rape allegations about him… So they should acknowledge his contribution to the network, fairs fair. Yemi as well given I’ve not noticed her mentioned in the comments, only the OP. Massive threat to the Slymepit as an A+ person who is a wonderful activist with a lot of good results. Hence their swarm on her blog and shitty reception she got.


This gets picked up by Sanderson and the whole thing kicks off.


So what does oolon have to say for himself today?

oolon

August 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM (UTC 5.5)

@EddyJamesOlmos, oh yes poor Rich is the victim of some elaborate trolling campaign orchestrated by me. You and @misronen are almost as unhinged as Rich. My accusing Rich, Pitchguest and the pit of that false rape claim pre-dates your links … I was referring to this post not the one you linked to ->
http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... l-justice/

First of all with absolutely no evidence the likelihood that a malicious lie about a FTBlogger comes from the Pit is almost 100% from the get go … Maybe with Thunderf00t on the loose there is an outside chance one of his supporters independently created this, but somewhat unlikely. Now I know with the pits, pics or it didn’t happen, requirements for evidence they will never accept it… But please point me to all those libellous accusations over the last 2-3years that have NOT come from the Slymepit? They are a forum of obsessives dedicated to churning out smears whether grounded in fact or not.

Regardless I accused Rich, PitchGuest and the pit of being the spreaders of these false claims on the Ian Murphy post about Shermer. Rich, PitchGuest and Paden’s response? Not to deny despite it being a serious accusation. In fact Rich went off on a rant that was off the delusional scale, even by his standards. Lets have a look at some of the things said by the conspiriloon defamation machine known as Rich Sanderson. (That Murphy thread alone)

In the meantime, oolon’s spambot is endorsed by an accused rapist, a group of liars, bullies, child p0rn obsessers, and people accused of sexual harassment.

Don’t forget Greg wrote the anti-harassment guidelines for a con ft some of the major FTBullies JUST AFTER he was kicked off the network for sending threats of violence to someone!
That’s another little detail ool0n tries to ignore. Thing is you have to start wondering whether Laden (or perhaps his lover Stephanie Zvan) have some dirt on oolon. It seems they have him by his little balls.

What is it about feminists who the FTBullies hate, despise and abuse that gets YOU so worked up? You even run a bot with a known abuser of women.

You are part of, and are associated with, a bunch of vicious bullies who have a history of throwing abuse, violent threats, and intimidation towards vulnerable women.

That’s actually similar to what PZ Myers and his horde at Pharyngula said, but with one slight difference. They claimed that they were all RACIST. Some of them are bit rapey as well, according to the allegations made public about PZ and Lousy Canuck.

What’s even more ironic is that PZ Myers himself has been accused of sexual harassment, and another FTB blogger was accused of rape.
However, PZ is ADAMANT that those claims are not “plausible”.
We’ll see.

Go back to defending Greg Laden, the stalker of women and sender of violent threats. Plus, have you seen you picture at The Pit? HEY YOU GUYS! You’re an ugly git.
PS: Looking forward to seeing PZ get ruined? I’m loving all this.

Rich is a perfect example of what the Slymepit does for your grip on reality. No lie, no matter how outlandish, is considered “too far” by him. Myself and @latsot have had a challenge on who can get him to provide one bit of evidence or even a source for any of his ravings on Twitter. Neither of us succeeded in getting him to back anything up.

He doesn’t care … Summed up by this -> “Looking forward to seeing PZ get ruined? I’m loving all this.” … He is a total asshole and I personally strongly suspect he sent the false allegations. He certainly doesn’t bat an eyelid in repeating them as if true. So excuse me for giving exactly ZERO fucks if the anonymous coward known as @RichSandersen on Twitter gets shit for this and is “innocent” … It’s nothing compared to the damage he does to his own “reputation”! All he needs to do is create another sock account and he can go back to viciously lying about all and sundry.


100% pure troll.
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby James Caruthers » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 am  •  [Post 4472]

Richard Sanderson

August 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM (UTC 5.5)

Given the ongoing confusion here and elsewhere, I will respond directly.

First of all, let me just say there is solid evidence the allegation against Avicenna is completely FALSE, and I apologise if my tweets lent credibility to any false allegation. However, I DID NOT accuse you at any point – I remarked on the fact that an allegation was made.

This is what I believe to be the timeline:

1. I discover (via OOLON at Butterflies and Wheels) that Avicenna has had an “allegation” made against him. I had no idea where this allegation came from, or what its nature was. Given the present atmosphere of discussing rape allegations out in the public (and indeed, even satirising them in the form of Ian Murphy’s troll interview which various FTB bloggers thought was a hoot), I tweeted why a number of FTB people have had allegations made against them.

2. I tweet about the “allegation”, and even linked to the source I got it from.

That is it. I DID NOT know anything about the original allegation, or even that it was an email. Also, I DID NOT make up allegations about PZ and Canuck – they revealed those allegations on their own blog sites, contrary to some claims I’ve seen suggesting I made those up!

Perhaps you should be asking Oolon where HE got the information? Really, it is astonishing to see Oolon trying to act as though he has some kind of moral high ground. It’s sickening.


http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... sanderson/ Posted to this thread.

Turns out I was ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT FUCKING RIGHT.

I guess I need to keep checking my privilege. Gah! I keep checking it, but it's still there!
James Caruthers
.
.
 
Posts: 6257
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:25 am  •  [Post 4473]

Ape+lust wrote:
SAGuest wrote:Mr Deity responded:
Well, please note -- that's a woman who admits that absolutely no harm came to her. And I have it from two sources now that that's not even the way that situation went down. It was not a one-on-one with the accused, but a group of people. And the accused was not pouring the drink. He simply told the server to refill everyone (presumable everyone who wanted a refill). Does anyone really believe that the accused would be playing wine server at a Gala where he's the guest of honor? Really?


Well, lookit that. If Mr Diety's sources are correct, someone spun Shermer's drinks-for-everybody Goodtime Charlie into their own snowflake victim story. How fecking low. I swear, there isn't anyone over there who doesn't think they're starring in their own little movie, playing to invisible cameras for an invisible audience of millions.


So it's went from Shermer practically pouring wine down a woman's throat to him putting £500 behind the bar and saying "drinks are on me".

*facepalm*
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Matt Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 am  •  [Post 4474]

bovarchist wrote:Oh don't get me started on Avril Lavigne. Her fanbase has a schism to rival Slymepit/FTB. It's the epic of Bandaids vs Albaexodus.

And how can you not appreciate the raw tonnage of WTF in her latest video?

[youtube]uuNTO31FlY8[/youtube]


Y'all know that Blind Lemon Jefferson actually wrote Sk8er Boi?
Matt Cavanaugh
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
 
Posts: 7604
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:31 am  •  [Post 4475]

So now Oolon is saying that false rape allegations *do* exist but it's only the Slymepit who make them and he doesn't need evidence to back up that claim because the Pit has a supposedly bad reputation?

Oh, Oolon. You'd find a way to embarrass yourself at your own funeral.
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Kareem » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 am  •  [Post 4476]

James Caruthers wrote:
Richard Sanderson

August 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM (UTC 5.5)

Given the ongoing confusion here and elsewhere, I will respond directly.

First of all, let me just say there is solid evidence the allegation against Avicenna is completely FALSE, and I apologise if my tweets lent credibility to any false allegation. However, I DID NOT accuse you at any point – I remarked on the fact that an allegation was made.

This is what I believe to be the timeline:

1. I discover (via OOLON at Butterflies and Wheels) that Avicenna has had an “allegation” made against him. I had no idea where this allegation came from, or what its nature was. Given the present atmosphere of discussing rape allegations out in the public (and indeed, even satirising them in the form of Ian Murphy’s troll interview which various FTB bloggers thought was a hoot), I tweeted why a number of FTB people have had allegations made against them.

2. I tweet about the “allegation”, and even linked to the source I got it from.

That is it. I DID NOT know anything about the original allegation, or even that it was an email. Also, I DID NOT make up allegations about PZ and Canuck – they revealed those allegations on their own blog sites, contrary to some claims I’ve seen suggesting I made those up!

Perhaps you should be asking Oolon where HE got the information? Really, it is astonishing to see Oolon trying to act as though he has some kind of moral high ground. It’s sickening.


http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... sanderson/ Posted to this thread.

Turns out I was ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT FUCKING RIGHT.

I guess I need to keep checking my privilege. Gah! I keep checking it, but it's still there!

I guess there will be an apology to Sanderson.
[ img ]
Kareem
.
.
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Cunt of Personality » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 am  •  [Post 4477]

James Caruthers wrote:Turns out I was ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT FUCKING RIGHT.

I guess I need to keep checking my privilege. Gah! I keep checking it, but it's still there!


Payload delivered. Nicely done. Now sit back and watch them juggle the hot potato.
Cunt of Personality
.
.
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am
Location: France

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby another lurker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:35 am  •  [Post 4478]

Tony Parsehole wrote:So now Oolon is saying that false rape allegations *do* exist but it's only the Slymepit who make them and he doesn't need evidence to back up that claim because the Pit has a supposedly bad reputation?

Oh, Oolon. You'd find a way to embarrass yourself at your own funeral.



And he is supposed to represent the *rational* side.

:whistle:
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 4667
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Ape+lust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:37 am  •  [Post 4479]

Tony Parsehole wrote:So now Oolon is saying that false rape allegations *do* exist but it's only the Slymepit who make them and he doesn't need evidence to back up that claim because the Pit has a supposedly bad reputation?

Oh, Oolon. You'd find a way to embarrass yourself at your own funeral.


Where does he work? I don't want to dox him, I want to fuck off on the internet for a paycheck.
Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Git » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 am  •  [Post 4480]

Tony Parsehole wrote:So now Oolon is saying that false rape allegations *do* exist but it's only the Slymepit who make them and he doesn't need evidence to back up that claim because the Pit has a supposedly bad reputation?

Oh, Oolon. You'd find a way to embarrass yourself at your own funeral.


[ img ]
Git
.
.
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 pm
Location: Engerland

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby welch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 am  •  [Post 4481]

James Caruthers wrote:Okay, I'm relatively new to these FTB posters or whatever, but it seems like every time Oolon posts anything, it's a deliberately dishonest attempt to wind up the FTB audience. More of this "identify the enemy" bullshit that you see in ideological movements/cults.

I've been checking Sanderson's twitter and haven't found anything that would indicate an "original post" from him accusing anyone of rape, just the link posted here that shows Oolon saying that.

So did Oolon fabricate the entire story, and then Sanderson was dumb enough to repeat it on Twitter, making him fair game?

I generally try to ignore commenting on anything Oolon says or does because it seems like he gets off on attention and has no problem lying when the results put more people on his side.

Massive threatto the Slymepit as an A+ person who is a wonderful activist with a lot of good results

I did laugh at this though. Oh no, a person who believes something I disagree with is out there doing good things! Somebody stop him!



Oolio is quite adept at manipulating the FTB lot to be angry so they create entertainment for him. Were they not so blinded by their own delusions of SUPER GEENYOUS, they might have spotted that the lad is playing them but good. But they won't, because they're far too smart for their own good.

Reminds me of an tech school instructor I had who thought his superior engineering and trig knowledge would let him beat me at pool on a wonky table that I knew extremely well, and he'd never played on. Profitable afternoon that was.
welch
Grumpy, grumpy grape
 
Posts: 9206
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby welch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 am  •  [Post 4482]

deLurch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:OK, this Avicenna/Richard Sanderson kerfuffle.
I think it's about time to put it to rest.

Apparently Avicenna got an email that accused him of rape at TAM.
This, on the surface, sounds weird because he is working in India as part of his medical training and there was no mention of him flying over to TAM. In other words it sounds like a completely spurious trolling email and he describes it in similar terms on his blog:

If you are unaware of this, I was accused of raping someone at TAM 2013 during a period of time that I was intensely busy with “work”. I didn’t know about the Michael Shermer incident. I just thought it was hate mail. Mabus was doing the rounds after all…



Hey Avicenna. Most internet pranksters, assholes and miscreants are typically more stupid than smart. Assuming that this came to you via email, and not postal mail...

If you get the set of code from the header of the email (it looks like a junket of code), you can find directions on how to view the header information here:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22454?hl=en
That information can be used by IT people and other computer nerds to identify the originating IP address. If this person did not use a proxy, you can obtain the IP address and most of the time track it back to the originating country & city and Internet Service Provider. If they did happen to use a proxy, then we are out of luck. But as I said, not all people are that smart.

So, either you can get a computer geek friend to help you out with this, or, since you have been accusing the pit of this and that makes me interested, you can post the header information on your blog or here and I will do the footwork myself. But you are not sure you can trust my interpretation of the data? No problem. Public posting. You can easily take my results and let any other computer geek verify the accuracy of what I dig up. We don't need the full email and it's contents. Just the full Header information, which will kind of look like computer code, or a log file to you.

So, open invitation, or you can get a friend to do it for you.



Email headers are trivially faked, fyi.
welch
Grumpy, grumpy grape
 
Posts: 9206
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:47 am  •  [Post 4483]

Dick Strawkins wrote:Taslima is having one of her turns... :shock:

[ img ]


But don't worry, we all know people have heated moments online and don't mean what they say. It's just part and parcel of being on the web and I'm sure nobody would.. what's that? Death threats are illegal? People go to jail for bullshitting on twitter? We should take all accusations seriously and act upon them immediately?

Good thing she has female privilege.
Guest
 

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby FlyingV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 am  •  [Post 4484]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
So it's went from Shermer practically pouring wine down a woman's throat to him putting £500 behind the bar and saying "drinks are on me".

*facepalm*


I can't wait until they turn this into "Shermer was trying to rape the entire bar."
FlyingV
.
.
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tapir » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:52 am  •  [Post 4485]

… 3: The woman who drank the alcohol was NOT subsequently raped by Michael Shermer. A friend of her pulled her away because she was completely sloshed. No one is to blame for her being sloshed except for her.


A SURVIVOR!!!!1
Tapir
.
.
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:59 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 am  •  [Post 4486]

James Caruthers wrote:Okay, I'm relatively new to these FTB posters or whatever, but it seems like every time Oolon posts anything, it's a deliberately dishonest attempt to wind up the FTB audience. More of this "identify the enemy" bullshit that you see in ideological movements/cults.

I've been checking Sanderson's twitter and haven't found anything that would indicate an "original post" from him accusing anyone of rape, just the link posted here that shows Oolon saying that.

So did Oolon fabricate the entire story, and then Sanderson was dumb enough to repeat it on Twitter, making him fair game?

I generally try to ignore commenting on anything Oolon says or does because it seems like he gets off on attention and has no problem lying when the results put more people on his side.

Massive threatto the Slymepit as an A+ person who is a wonderful activist with a lot of good results

I did laugh at this though. Oh no, a person who believes something I disagree with is out there doing good things! Somebody stop him!


All you need to know about Oolon is:
1) He would lie about the time of day.
2) He's as thick as pigshit.
3) Sometime during his life he was cursed by a gypsy and is now compelled to mention "The Slymepit" at least once, every time he writes something online. She also made him allergic to soap.
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Ericb » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:00 am  •  [Post 4487]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Okay, I'm relatively new to these FTB posters or whatever, but it seems like every time Oolon posts anything, it's a deliberately dishonest attempt to wind up the FTB audience. More of this "identify the enemy" bullshit that you see in ideological movements/cults.

I've been checking Sanderson's twitter and haven't found anything that would indicate an "original post" from him accusing anyone of rape, just the link posted here that shows Oolon saying that.

So did Oolon fabricate the entire story, and then Sanderson was dumb enough to repeat it on Twitter, making him fair game?

I generally try to ignore commenting on anything Oolon says or does because it seems like he gets off on attention and has no problem lying when the results put more people on his side.

Massive threatto the Slymepit as an A+ person who is a wonderful activist with a lot of good results

I did laugh at this though. Oh no, a person who believes something I disagree with is out there doing good things! Somebody stop him!


All you need to know about Oolon is:
1) He would lie about the time of day.
2) He's as thick as pigshit.
3) Sometime during his life he was cursed by a gypsy and is now compelled to mention "The Slymepit" at least once, every time he writes something online. She also made him allergic to soap.


He also looks a little bit like Bizzaro Hannibal Lector

[ img ]


[ img ]
Ericb
.
.
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby ERV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 am  •  [Post 4488]

Tony Parsehole wrote:So it's went from Shermer practically pouring wine down a woman's throat to him putting £500 behind the bar and saying "drinks are on me".

*facepalm*

It is customary for the Aboves to buy drinks for the Belows. Even at professional science meetings, Big Names will buy dinner/drinks for Assistant/Associate profs, who will do the same for post-docs/grad students.

I have said this before, when I speak at conferences, my expenses are covered + get paid. So I buy a round for whoever Im talking with now and then. When I have gone as 'just' an attendee, other speakers have done the same.

Its a standard occurrence.

But thats the way these idiots roll, isnt it? Take a normal, standard, human interaction, and turn it into 'HE TOTALLY WAS GONNA RAEP MEH!!!'

"Would you like some coffee?"--> RAEP!
"You dropped the food tongs. Naughty girl."--> RAEP!!
"This rounds on me!"--> RAEP!!!
"Hello! How are you enjoying the conference?"-->RAEP!!!!

NO ONE WANTS TO FUCK YOU. NO ONE. NO ONE.
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:05 am  •  [Post 4489]

Ape+lust wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:So now Oolon is saying that false rape allegations *do* exist but it's only the Slymepit who make them and he doesn't need evidence to back up that claim because the Pit has a supposedly bad reputation?

Oh, Oolon. You'd find a way to embarrass yourself at your own funeral.


Where does he work? I don't want to dox him, I want to fuck off on the internet for a paycheck.

I know, right? I think I'm bad for mucking about on the net all day but Ooly is everywhere!
I'd ask his wife how she feels about it all but Oolon hasn't told her what her opinion is yet.

*snigger*
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 am  •  [Post 4490]

Ericb wrote:
He also looks a little bit like Bizzaro Hannibal Lector



He looks like something Jim Henson forgot to create.
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Gefan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:08 am  •  [Post 4491]

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Y'all know that Blind Lemon Jefferson actually wrote Sk8er Boi?


With a screwdriver, as a matter of fact.
Gefan
.
.
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: In a handbasket, apparently.

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby another lurker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:09 am  •  [Post 4492]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Ericb wrote:
He also looks a little bit like Bizzaro Hannibal Lector



He looks like something Jim Henson forgot to create.


Gumby can never be forgiven for that monstrosity of an avatar :P
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 4667
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Gumby » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 am  •  [Post 4493]

another lurker wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Ericb wrote:
He also looks a little bit like Bizzaro Hannibal Lector



He looks like something Jim Henson forgot to create.


Gumby can never be forgiven for that monstrosity of an avatar :P


Keep it up and I'll turn it into an animated gif where the drool slides endlessly from his lip!!! :evil:
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:40 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby deLurch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 am  •  [Post 4494]

ERV wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:So it's went from Shermer practically pouring wine down a woman's throat to him putting £500 behind the bar and saying "drinks are on me".

*facepalm*

It is customary for the Aboves to buy drinks for the Belows. Even at professional science meetings, Big Names will buy dinner/drinks for Assistant/Associate profs, who will do the same for post-docs/grad students.

I have said this before, when I speak at conferences, my expenses are covered + get paid. So I buy a round for whoever Im talking with now and then. When I have gone as 'just' an attendee, other speakers have done the same.

Its a standard occurrence.

But thats the way these idiots roll, isnt it? Take a normal, standard, human interaction, and turn it into 'HE TOTALLY WAS GONNA RAEP MEH!!!'

It's normal for me to buy my friends a round of drinks every now and then. Or even drinks for the night if I know my friend is in a poor financial situation.

As word of this gets around, I suspect the normal bunch of alcoholics at these conferences may start to notice that there are fewer and fewer people willing to risk buying them drinks anymore. And for those who thrive on their small pond celebrity status, it might be a difficult adjustment to how they are used to being treated.
deLurch
.
.
 
Posts: 7061
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:11 am

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby another lurker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 am  •  [Post 4495]

All this talk of kilts, I'll just leave this here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062782/?ref_=fn_al_tt_6

"Carry On Up the Khyber"


[ img ]
another lurker
.
.
 
Posts: 4667
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby James Caruthers » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 am  •  [Post 4496]

http://freethoughtblogs.com/amilliongod ... /#comments

I was going to give some sort of response either here or on FTB, but just... Just read the latest post. :popcorn:
James Caruthers
.
.
 
Posts: 6257
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Tony Parsehole » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 am  •  [Post 4497]

ERV wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:So it's went from Shermer practically pouring wine down a woman's throat to him putting £500 behind the bar and saying "drinks are on me".

*facepalm*

It is customary for the Aboves to buy drinks for the Belows. Even at professional science meetings, Big Names will buy dinner/drinks for Assistant/Associate profs, who will do the same for post-docs/grad students.

I have said this before, when I speak at conferences, my expenses are covered + get paid. So I buy a round for whoever Im talking with now and then. When I have gone as 'just' an attendee, other speakers have done the same.

Its a standard occurrence.

But thats the way these idiots roll, isnt it? Take a normal, standard, human interaction, and turn it into 'HE TOTALLY WAS GONNA RAEP MEH!!!'

"Would you like some coffee?"--> RAEP!
"You dropped the food tongs. Naughty girl."--> RAEP!!
"This rounds on me!"--> RAEP!!!
"Hello! How are you enjoying the conference?"-->RAEP!!!!

NO ONE WANTS TO FUCK YOU. NO ONE. NO ONE.


They're only moaning about rape all the time so they can delude themselves that somebody wants to fuck them.
Tony Parsehole
Trolling God
Trolling God
 
Posts: 6658
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby Dick Strawkins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 am  •  [Post 4498]

oolon splutters away, finally providing a solid claim about the dastardly deeds of the slymepit.

When you meet someone saying PZ endorsed tentacle rape porn on his blog, it comes from the pit.


Well, you know what, he's right.

I'll quote the entire post from June 20th, where this shocking claim originated.

Dick Strawkins wrote:This is all too much.
Lets bring the FTB patriarch back to set things straight.

PZ, is there anything you'd like to say to set our mind at ease.
We're beginning to see misogynists everywhere!

[ img ]


mmmmm...OKaaay...

So the kind of people who promote tentacle rape porn are criminally sexist.

Got it.

Finally we have a standard upon which we can base our determinations of who is sexist and who is not.

Thanks PZ, you've been a great help!


....wait a second.....

[ img ]


Let's see if we can get that link working......

There, that should do it.

It does appear to be somewhat NSFW, doesn't it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070716070824/http://sexe-aka.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html


And if we scroll to the story you recommend we get...

[ img ]

:shock:

Peezus Christ!

Hentai Tentacle Rape porn!

Promoted by PZ Myers!

I think I need a lie down.

Where's my couch, I feel faint! :sad-pacing:

Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby ERV » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:18 am  •  [Post 4499]

Wait-- Wait--

Lets play Sherlock with some publicly available information. I was reading this article on a Cory Fieldman orgy, and I got an idea.

I look over at Corey fucking the hotter blonde and try to cut in. I want him. He’s like a trophy, or a souvenir. I start kissing him, but he sort of ignores me and goes back to the hotter girl. A minute later he stops having sex—not to hook up with me, but to take a hit of nitrous. I feel seriously unattractive. I want him to want me. But he just doesn’t. The coke is wearing off and I don’t have any more. All they have is ecstasy and that’s not my thing. All of these insecure girl thoughts go through my head: I shouldn’t have eaten at all this week. Why didn’t I flat iron my hair better? Why doesn’t he want me? I am so fucked up.



1-- "The anonymous woman who wrote to you is known to me, and in fact I was in her presence immediately after said incident (she was extremely distraught)..."

2-- Shermer is fighting these claims, and if what Loftus says is accurate, confidently.


Why would someone who was just with Shermer, 'privately' be upset?

It could be that she was raepd.

Or it could be that she just tried to seduce a known man-slut... and he turned her down.

Two of the most vindictive, 'I WILL DESTROY YOU' people I have encountered were women I turned down. Guys are used to getting turned down. Self professed hot girls are not. They get PISSED.

Maybe Shermer is confidently fighting these claims because not only did raep not happen-- Sex didnt happen.
ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: Bleeding from the Bunghole

Postby ThePrussian » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:19 am  •  [Post 4500]

Dick Strawkins wrote:oolon splutters away, finally providing a solid claim about the dastardly deeds of the slymepit.

When you meet someone saying PZ endorsed tentacle rape porn on his blog, it comes from the pit.


Well, you know what, he's right.

I'll quote the entire post from June 20th, where this shocking claim originated.

Dick Strawkins wrote:This is all too much.
Lets bring the FTB patriarch back to set things straight.

PZ, is there anything you'd like to say to set our mind at ease.
We're beginning to see misogynists everywhere!

[ img ]


mmmmm...OKaaay...

So the kind of people who promote tentacle rape porn are criminally sexist.

Got it.

Finally we have a standard upon which we can base our determinations of who is sexist and who is not.

Thanks PZ, you've been a great help!


....wait a second.....

[ img ]


Let's see if we can get that link working......

There, that should do it.

It does appear to be somewhat NSFW, doesn't it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070716070824/http://sexe-aka.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html


And if we scroll to the story you recommend we get...

[ img ]

:shock:

Peezus Christ!

Hentai Tentacle Rape porn!

Promoted by PZ Myers!

I think I need a lie down.

Where's my couch, I feel faint! :sad-pacing:



Good God, is that real? I knew Myers was twisted, but is that real?
ThePrussian
.
.
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to Past Misdeeds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests

cron