Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Michael K Gray »

Is the first purge about to occur?
Joreth:
I didn't get many catcalls or called "cunt" before the internet, but I never leave the house without a weapon
Two for the price of one!
A nasty anti-feminista gendered curse-word, and an oblique threat from an obvious crazy troll.
Wait and see if their engrams are re-educatable.
Paging Dr Benson...

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:
Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:
Git wrote:
franc wrote:Also, Sabbath = best band ever.
Suck on this.

That was fucking horrible.
You need a high end stereo, pitch darkness and LSD to really appreciate.
The first two I have. However, I haven't had the third since the late 80s. Oh well.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

This is going to be amazing. There already some posts and comments up that I'm having difficulty calling as either real or Poe. And I flatter myself as being a pretty good Poe writer and detector.

Now, I'm just waiting for Meyers and the other big names (middle-class white folk every one of them) to put their balls in the blender and actually give Jen some support by posting on her website. Because at the moment it's all just empty words, spoken/written through tightly clenched teeth/fingers.

Come on, Meyers: help the gal out before her boyfriend realizes in 6 months how much this website is costing them and tells her to get the fuck off the internet RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:Oh shit! WoolyBumblebee has just joined the A+ forum. :lol:

Never know, it might actually get a bit interesting. /popcorn
Deserves its own smiley:

:popcorn:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Gumby wrote:"Pwrong" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=169#p169
On the topic of outreach to local atheist groups, in some cases it may be possible to simply tack on the A+ label to groups that already exist and agree with us.
Nah, they're not trying to take over the atheist movement, they're going to start their own separate thingamabob! Jen said so!

Man, this place is going to be a fucking gold mine.
You're not kidding! These people are bizarre (and not in a good, funny way, either):
I agree entirely that mens' rights belong under feminism- hell, not even that, I believe that mens' rights are an intrinsic part of feminism.
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 3&t=5#p179

Womens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!
Mens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

This, however, is a Butthole Surfers jam I always have liked:

[youtube]CNAkbbKycCM[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tigzy wrote:
You're not kidding! These people are bizarre (and not in a good, funny way, either):
I agree entirely that mens' rights belong under feminism- hell, not even that, I believe that mens' rights are an intrinsic part of feminism.
Womens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!
Mens' problems - listen to the wimminz!!!!
Then logically, women's rights are an intrinsic part of men's rights. Ooops, no, we can't have that. That's uncomfortably close to humanism, and as has been repeatedly femsplained to us, atheism+ isn't humanism!

Atheism+? Kinda like humanism, but we gals take care of the men's rights too. Don't worry guys, you can trust us.

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:"BillPlus" @ http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160#p160
I think the first step should be establishing a formal declaration of intent by which all local groups can rally around. Something that formally sets the definition of what A+ means and sets guidelines for how it operates. Bringing about social and political change is not unlike marketing and A+ should be thought of like a “brand”. As such we need to formally establish what that brand is and then work to protect it.
Yep, they started a whole new movement, and they don't even know what it is yet. All they've managed to do so far is tack a fucking plus sign at the end of the atheist "A" and attract a bunch of Women's Studies 101 armchair slacktivists. "Wheee! We're gonna change the world? Uh, what is this all about, anyway?"
http://oi47.tinypic.com/4qm0yw.jpg
Attachments
Screenshot-2.png
(23.05 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Someone's trolling them already.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189#p189
I think the first step should be establishing a formal declaration of intent by which all local groups can rally around. Something that formally sets the definition of what A+ means and sets guidelines for how it operates. Bringing about social and political change is not unlike marketing and A+ should be thought of like a “brand”. As such we need to formally establish what that brand is and then work to protect it. And we have to do something about those Jews.
The troll just copied another comment and added the anti-Semitic crap to the end.

I certainly hope that didn't come from here. I seriously doubt it did (and we'll get blamed no matter what in any case), but just in case it did I'm going on record right now and saying *puts on Spokesgay panties* Don't. Just don't. Don't do that. Stop it. Now.

No need to troll. The lulz will come all on their own.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Yeah, I caught that, obviously. Like I said, someone copied someone else's comment and tacked on troll shit at the end.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

^With the stick A+ has been getting on Twitter, that troll could have come from anywhere.

Notung

Post by Notung »

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

And here they have a list of arguments you're not allowed to use.

Imagine if the theists did that: "You're not allowed to use the Problem of Evil, Lack of Evidence, Logically Contradictory Characteristics..."

Ok Craig - you're not allowed to use Kalam. I win!

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:This, however, is a Butthole Surfers jam I always have liked:

CNAkbbKycCM
Pshaw. Washed out pussy commercial Buttholes. Everything post Locust Abortion Technician is Gibby's pension fund.

[youtube]dgXpRqAVL64[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I think the first step should be establishing a formal declaration of intent by which all local groups can rally around. Something that formally sets the definition of what A+ means and sets guidelines for how it operates. Bringing about social and political change is not unlike marketing and A+ should be thought of like a “brand”. As such we need to formally establish what that brand is and then work to protect it.
Yep, they started a whole new movement, and they don't even know what it is yet. All they've managed to do so far is tack a fucking plus sign at the end of the atheist "A" and attract a bunch of Women's Studies 101 armchair slacktivists. "Wheee! We're gonna change the world? Uh, what is this all about, anyway?"

Look, these things take time. They started out with what was important to them: image (the logo) and exclusivity (the us vs them). Why bother with something so minor as what they really stand for that is unique to them (so far it isn't) when you know all they'll do about things is blog and make speeches no one will listen to.

Say, does joining A+ forum mean I have to color my hair an inhuman color? I like anime, I just don't live in it (although from what I hear, some of them do have the pokeman army going on...)

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:The troll just copied another comment and added the anti-Semitic crap to the end.

I certainly hope that didn't come from here. I seriously doubt it did (and we'll get blamed no matter what in any case)
Anti-semitic? I think it's an example of particularly dark Jewish sense of humour.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:Ye gods, but that A+ forum is a dry and humorless place; I've never seen such a display of bland earnestness on all the interwebz.

Good luck with that one, folks.
The Importance of Being Earnest ....

They've only just started ... maybe they'll yet develop a sense of humour ....

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Gumby wrote:I certainly hope that didn't come from here. I seriously doubt it did (and we'll get blamed no matter what in any case), but just in case it did I'm going on record right now and saying *puts on Spokesgay panties* Don't. Just don't. Don't do that. Stop it. Now.

No need to troll. The lulz will come all on their own.
We can always blame Franc?

I think they would believe that one. But yep, given the amount of crazy that the founders have already displayed, like calls to like ya know and so it should come as no surprise no matter what subsequently show up there.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Notung wrote:http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
Jen Mc1000YrReich: These are the words that are not to be used again on this programme.
She clicks the clicker. On screen appear the following slides:
B*M
B*TTY
P*X
L*DEN
R*T*RD
KN*CKERS
W**-W**
*UNT
KN*CKERS
D*CK
MYERS

Ophiliar: Myers!?
Jen Mc1000YrReich: (pointing) Out!

(This blog software actually auto-censors the word S E M P R I N I !!)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Imagine if the theists did that: "You're not allowed to use the Problem of Evil, Lack of Evidence, Logically Contradictory Characteristics..."

I like this bit:
Civility guidelines are not an excuse for bad behaviour: The above rules are guidelines for dealing with the majority of cases. They are not absolute laws, and they are certainly not excuses to hide behind. If there is no reasonable explanation for a post besides malice, then it is not necessary to pretend otherwise. If someone endlessly brings up the same refuted argument in multiple threads, then engaging them straight away may be justified. If someone with an atrocious reputation from elsewhere asks slippery but plausibly innocent questions, then it may be reasonable to assume dishonesty.
(my bolding) - in fact, it may even be reasonable to assume dishonesty even before the slippery but plausibly innocent questions have been asked, eh Jen! :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Michael K Gray wrote: (This blog software actually auto-censors the word S E M P R I N I !!)
For that you get a special rank!!!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Ye gods, but that A+ forum is a dry and humorless place; I've never seen such a display of bland earnestness on all the interwebz.

If you mention your banning from A Voice For men right off the bat that may earn you some street cred. Going to register? :popcorn:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Who said they didn’t have a sense of humour; from the same page:
Stick the flounce: If you flounce from a thread, by angrily announcing that you're leaving or giving up, you should not post on that thread again.
Josh, the Official Spokesgay is therefore covered .... or maybe he wrote that point ....

Seems like a jaw-dropping smiley is seriously called for ....

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote:

I'm not banking on it - with that amount of rules and regs, people there are liable to err on the side of caution when it comes to humour. Still, I'd concede there are plenty of unintentional lulz to come from that forum, as we've already seen.

BTW - looks like they're gearing up to dogpile you in that Feminism vs Men's Rights, Steers. In fact, for so visibly doubting their orthodoxies, I think you might even have the honour of being their first heretic!

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Ummmm........

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Steersman wrote:

If you mention your banning from A Voice For men right off the bat that may earn you some street cred. Going to register? :popcorn:

Already registered - couple of posts in the "Feminism vs Men's Rights" thread; haven't been turfed yet. :-)

But I'll see if I can work the banning in somehow ... :-)

Curious though that they use the same web-hosting program [phpBB] that the Pit uses ... would be interested to know whether the obligation to create a user name and provide an e-mail address used to confirm subscription is capable of tracking down people who make threats like the one against Sally Strange ....

Ms. Ogynist

Post by Ms. Ogynist »

Don't dismiss people's problems by appealing to greater problems: For almost every problem, it is possible to find a substantially worse problem. This should not be used, however, to dismiss the original problem. For example, the plight of women under the Taliban is absolutely dreadful, but this doesn't mean that any problem faced by a western woman is trivial.
LOL, an anti-Dawkins rule!

Let's call it Rebecca's Law.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

ERV wrote:THIS.
yeah, Damion nailed it pretty good.

Post by Guest »

Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:
Git wrote:
franc wrote:Also, Sabbath = best band ever.
Suck on this.

[youtube]AOF4OOzFKXY[/youtube]
That was fucking horrible.
"Galloping Gertie", the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington State. An engineering fail.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

WoolyBumblebee has a great post up here on a google hangout POS with Stefunny, Awfeelia, Lousy cuntknuckle, and two other twits I've never heard of. It's weird putting a face to those names. Stefunny looks a lot more, frumpy, than I imagined. Awfellia definitely looks the part of the privileged old maid who harumphs at the inferior people who do her yard work, and Lousy definitely looks like he needs a trailer, or a mother's basement. :whistle:

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Are the baboons trying to ruin atheism for me?! I didn't even know they'd taken AronRa down with them, and now they're trying to take The Thinking Atheist too? FML! :x

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Ahh, sweet memories of the Occupy ''movement' with some Kony 2012 mixed in. I'm sure they'll go far.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Hey, Dawkins: are you getting this:
Don't dismiss people's problems by appealing to greater problems: For almost every problem, it is possible to find a substantially worse problem. This should not be used, however, to dismiss the original problem. For example, the plight of women under the Taliban is absolutely dreadful, but this doesn't mean that any problem faced by a western woman is trivial.
And talk about a loaded fucking statement:
Don't change the topic to less severe problems: If a particular problem is being discussed, it is dismissive to generalise this into a conversation about less severe problems. Such problems may also be very important, but they should be discussed elsewhere. For example, a discussion about female genital mutilation should not degenerate into a debate about the morality of male circumcision.
(My bolds).

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:As promised...

Last night I was invited to be a guest on the A-News podcast to discuss Atheism Plus. Joining me -- also voicing criticism of A+ -- were Lee Moore, Brian Allen, and Reap Paden.

http://a-news.apartmentj.com/?p=704

Enjoy!
I highly recommend this. The Baboons won't like it, that's for sure.

Thanks Justin.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Site Outage/Slowness

Post by Lsuoma »

The hosting company is trying to identify the cause of some unexpected load spike (the load average has been spiking to around 250 at times, which on an 8-way box isn't particularly pretty.)

Please be patient...

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Badger3k wrote: Thanks for that. When I just looked, it was changed.
It doesn't matter, the A+theism meme is now out there forever, and I for one will not stop bringing it up (it's just too funny not to be mentioned, over and over again. Major props to ERV for catching it first). The best part is they can't blame anyone but themselves for this lulz worthy misstep. They've become a living satire :lol:

Y'know, just a few weeks back I started thinking that this whole FtB vs the rest of the atheist movement (you know that privileged, male, white, sexist, cisgendered...blah blah blah...one) couldn't possible go on for another year, since just about everything we could possibly say against them has already been said. But then came this whole A+(theism) crap. Now I'm thinking that even if this plus nonsense dies out quickly, they'll just keep coming up with more lulz worthy stuff for us to laugh at. Basically, I predict this thread will span for hundreds of more pages before it's all said and done. So...

and lest we forget,

http://i48.tinypic.com/4qpmjb.jpg

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

OMG HAXXORS!

DW Adams

Re: Site Outage/Slowness

Post by DW Adams »

Lsuoma wrote:The hosting company is trying to identify the cause of some unexpected load spike (the load average has been spiking to around 250 at times, which on an 8-way box isn't particularly pretty.)

Please be patient...
There is a tradition on a few forums I post to. Whenever one goes down, one of the other forums puts up a "refugee" thread for members to use while their problems get fixed. So, anytime in the future that slymepit.com goes down, there is a thread waiting at Atheists Today. :)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

No sockpuppetry: Creating more than one identity, and using these identities to create the illusion of support, or to provide straw opponents, is prohibited. Use of a secondary identity is permitted under exceptional circumstances, such as revealing a distressing personal story.
Does that include 'Radial Tire'?

:dance:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Guest wrote: ...
"Galloping Gertie", the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington State. An engineering fail.
Resonance in action ....

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Saint N. wrote: and lest we forget,
http://i48.tinypic.com/4qpmjb.jpg
I prefer the more expanded version:
http://www.michaelgray.com.au/Resources ... ropped.png
As it lists their priorities in order.
I'll drop this in the images thread, I think.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

franc wrote:You need a high end stereo, pitch darkness and LSD to really appreciate.
There's nothing new under the recreational drug-sun that the Butthole Surfers haven't tried.

And a lot of hardcore punk is fucking horrible ... some of the reasons for that are described in The Decline of Western Civilization.

"Didn't know how to play their instruments" applied to the Germs, for example. I think poor Darby Crash died without ever learning.

sacha

The Fancy Dress Party at the library

Post by sacha »

Za-zen wrote:A+theism.... It is had said many times before, you just can't parody these fuckwits, the reality is always more absurd.

Lets expand on Myers analogy, this party is the atheist party, and fine myers and his morons go off to the library for their circle jerk because they don't appreciate socialising with the unclean, but can they stay in the fucking library? No. The bastards start whining to the host about all the horrible people who are at the party wanting them kicked out, in order to make it a nicer party, start threatening the host that they'll ruin the party if their demands for a nicer party aren't met, they start demanding the other attendees keep the noise down, they are all in fancy dress, and think everyone else should be in fancy dress. They are told the fancy dress party is in the house down the road, and really if they don't like the party they should fuck off to it, but they insist all partys should be fancy dress.
I can imagine Jen dressed in a My Little Pony costume (carrying a weapon, of course - http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... pocalypse/),
a few of the other women dressed as some "girl power" cartoons, a few as Surly-Ramics pendants to show their support for Amy, others with the cosplay outfit they bought for Comic-Con, but of course nothing that sexualizes women:
”... it’s troubling that with boundless opportunities for playful dress, most women at conventions end up as “variations of pin-up girl.” ...

One reason the sexualized objectification of women in cosplay cannot be easily written off with be-whoever-you-want-to-be or dress-however-you-want-to-dress mantras is that sexual harassment of women cosplayers at cons is rampant. While all people should be able to dress as they wish without fear of sexual harassment or violence, the longstanding tactic of using the women’s bodies as commodified objects at cons creates an atmosphere in which real-life women are treated as if they are comic book characters ripe for the handling. Disturbingly misogynistic blogs featuring galleries of women cosplayers further illustrate this way of thinking.

This attitude is no doubt amplified by the omnipresence of paid cosplayers. Scantily clad, often very young women (and even girls) acting as “bodies for hire” were everywhere amongst the throngs of people, passing out ads or serving as human advertisements for upcoming films. What almost naked women with fake torpedo breasts have to do with films such as the forthcoming Total Recall is unclear. Here and elsewhere, the marketing tactic seemed to be “use hot women to lure people in, regardless of what we are trying to sell.”

One thing that struck me over the course of the weekend is how quickly it starts to feel “normal” to see women’s bodies on fetishized display. If I, a card-carrying feminist, become somewhat immune over the course of four days, what does the constant onslaught of female sexual objectification in the wider culture do to people over years?"
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2011/07 ... comic-con/

well, except for the other skepchicks, who will be there wearing their matching sexy/slutty nurse costumes, and handing out shots in penis-shaped glasses. (franc has the link to the video)

Perhaps Sally and Spokesgay will volunteer to arrive early in order to put up streamers and set out the plastic cups for the the Kool-Aid that will available in punch bowls .

Becci can dress as the Queen Bee, and hold the lead attached to a collar that PZ will be wearing that says "emasculated and proud"

and they can all whine and rage in regards to manufactured fear of Slyme Pitters showing up uninvited, while staring at the other library patrons with contempt, because their victim paranoia leads them to believe a number of them are undercover misogynists who are there simply to sexually harass them during their little costume party at the library.

PZ: "
...hooligans who wander about calling everyone “cunts” and slapping derrieres and telling women to stop being so sensitive, it was only a quick fondle...
"Hooligans" with Tourette's Syndrome who also have a neurological disorder that renders them unable to control their own limbs are being oppressed, shunned, and discriminated against by members of Atheism Plus.

PZ is an ableist bigot

gooby

Post by gooby »

Ms. Ogynist wrote:
LOL, an anti-Dawkins rule!

Let's call it Rebecca's Law.
I am a firm believer in dismissing relatively minor (especially WAH SOMEONE CALLED ME A CUNT) problems on account of worse problems existing.

Whether you accept the principles of mainstream economics or not (for the record, I don't), all introductory economics courses start with a very obvious truth: desires, at least compared to the means available to achieve them, are effectively infinite. This means you have to prioritize.

So, no, I don't take much stock in this WHALE JUST BCUZ WOMYN ARE HAVING ACID THROWN IN THEIR FACES DOESN'T MEAN [latest minor headache] IS TRIVIAL.

And, in case anyone is wondering what I'M doing to tackle the world's great problems, well, let's say I have a plan to reduce carbon emissions in my country that involves chemistry. Beyond that I can't say too much. Trade secrets.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: And talk about a loaded fucking statement:
Don't change the topic to less severe problems: If a particular problem is being discussed, it is dismissive to generalise this into a conversation about less severe problems. Such problems may also be very important, but they should be discussed elsewhere. For example, a discussion about female genital mutilation should not degenerate into a debate about the morality of male circumcision.
(My bolds).
Ha! Talk about framing.

And how can they put write both "Don't dismiss people's problems by appealing to greater problems" and "Don't change the topic to less severe problems" and not see the inconsistency?!

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

dustbubble wrote:Being old white and garbage, I've discovered that most of my peers are profoundly leery about all forms of miso
wut
even more so than they are of the vile nam pla

wut
Pistols at dawn!
Nam pla = best thing ever

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

gooby wrote:
And, in case anyone is wondering what I'M doing to tackle the world's great problems, well, let's say I have a plan to reduce carbon emissions in my country that involves chemistry. Beyond that I can't say too much. Trade secrets.
Don't ever feel the need to explain your 'what am I doingness'. Whenever that question has been thrown my way there has always been a hook in the bait.

gooby

Post by gooby »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
gooby wrote:
Don't ever feel the need to explain your 'what am I doingness'. Whenever that question has been thrown my way there has always been a hook in the bait.
Generally speaking, I just don't bother dealing with FfTB smuggots and their ilk anymore.

Bottom line is I'll be getting shit done (when I'm good and ready—a lot of preparation is involved in my case); they'll be jerking off until the coffin dips...

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tigzy wrote:Marmite's okay - sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't - but when it comes to pungent brown condiments, this tops the lot:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_25fOuKxZ2OY/S ... auce,0.jpg

I laugh at all those people overseas, who have never had a bacon and brown sauce sandwich.
brown sauce, yum. That and Branston Pickle are a bit easier to find here in full size, and the price is not insolent, as it is for Marmite.

There is one of those mini Tesco's a few blocks away from me, they carry brown sauce in the regular 255g bottle for a reasonable US price, and they carry 360g Branston Pickle for a reasonable price as well. The only Marmite they stock is the miniature, which would be just about enough for a few slices of toast, and they charge something like $7.50. It is easier to buy illegal drugs for a good price here.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

gooby wrote: Bottom line is I'll be getting shit done (when I'm good and ready—a lot of preparation is involved in my case); they'll be jerking off until the coffin dips...
NIce!
The blogwars have hard on me. I get flashbacks. Not good man. <post a trigger warning next time> :violin:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Oh, Greta you dumb cunt. Why do you spoil everything for us by making it so easy to mock you as to quote an entire paragraph of your support for A+theism:
And there’s a General Chat section on the Forum, to talk about whatever you wan with others who share the values of Atheism Plus. Cats, skeet shooting, Project Runway… whatever.
...and pink things, and tiaras, and Robert Pattinson, and diamonds, and rainbows and such.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/ ... e-is-here/

franc

Post by franc »

BarnOwl wrote:
franc wrote:You need a high end stereo, pitch darkness and LSD to really appreciate.
There's nothing new under the recreational drug-sun that the Butthole Surfers haven't tried.

And a lot of hardcore punk is fucking horrible ... some of the reasons for that are described in The Decline of Western Civilization.

"Didn't know how to play their instruments" applied to the Germs, for example. I think poor Darby Crash died without ever learning.
I'd rather see a band that can't play but tries than virtuosos going through the motions.

Slugfuckers. 666% awesome.

franc

Post by franc »

BarnOwl wrote:And a lot of hardcore punk is fucking horrible ...
Which is why I love it.

[youtube]eFzk1eh9UDE[/youtube]

franc

Post by franc »

BarnOwl wrote:And a lot of hardcore punk is fucking horrible ...
Which is why I love it 2.

[youtube]T-tLEpT_6-E[/youtube]

franc

Post by franc »

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Greta Christina wrote:And there’s a General Chat section on the Forum, to talk about whatever you wan with others who share the values of Atheism Plus. Cats, skeet shooting, Project Runway… whatever.
I'm going to pull a SulryAmy and cry that their attempt to create a A+theism forum is harassment against us, because we had the idea first. Theirs is a fake forum! A fake forum I say!!! We are the only ones who can have a legit forum in this discussion, because...reasons and shit...also my feeling. Why are they harassing us like this by making this obviously fake jewelry forum? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Also, won't the existence of an A+theism site/forum make the FC5's FtB blogs redundant, since they're going to be covering pretty much the same topics on both?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Imagine a great big party with a lot of diverse attitudes present, and you discover that a few of the invited attendees are horrifying drama prone wankers who wander about calling everyone "misoginists/racists/douchebags/white supremacists/gender traitors/dicks/retards" and telling women to stop acting like they're capable human beings. Also they're absolutely intolerable. We're the segment of the party that's stayed in the main room and quietly, quietly boarded up the door of the library behind the wankers...

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Serious Business.
[youtube]xzORu1dqEE0[/youtube]

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Some dirty, smelly French misogynist shit...
[youtube]2LdwDUKJkVk [/youtube]

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Okay, I just clicked a link on twitter and found myself on FtB against my will... but what I saw when I got there was pretty fucking awesome.

This does not mean you, personally, have to go knocking on doors in ethnic neighborhoods or start attending local NOW meetings.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/2412/

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH