Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
TheMan

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by TheMan »

cunt wrote:
GenerallyFading wrote: Decius, I am watching myself lose weight. My doctor is watching me do it too. I don't get why you think you're right when it's not your body. There are many, many people in the same boat - most recommend a diet of 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs.
Sounds like really great way to fuck up your liver and kidneys. When you say that "most recommend" this, does that include your doctors?

I remember reading somwhere, and I'm trying to find it again but I suspect it was from a sciency type magazine, that after say a two week fast and you start eating again your body adopts a "store for the next fast scenario" and food will be stored as fat rather than for immediate requirements. The article was tryig to explain what happens when people go on diets and one puts more weight back on when the course of the diet is done and weight target achieved.

The rural type people I know tend to have no problems putting away a steak, two eggs and chips for breakfast but geeze...they are doing a hell of a lot more excersise than I am. Then I look at my uncle who still likes his lard dripping sandwich snacks is 70yo and as skinny as a rake and his wife does everything for him....

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

BarnOwl wrote:WHARRRGAARRRBBLL Pepsi product!11!!

http://instagram.com/p/RTnIRSjUbB/

Also, why the fuck is there bottled water at a hotel banquet?

/treehugger

It's always 'diet' pepsi too. I thought that aspritame actually leads to weight gain. http://www.uthscsa.edu/hscnews/singlefo ... newID=3861

Not that it matters. If one wants to lose weight, don't fucking drink pop.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/angela ... ntrynum=30

Holy fucken shit!! Batten down the hatches and stay safe, people on the US East Coast!

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
TheMan wrote:Still lurking folks. I've enjoyed reading all the posts. would like to contribute more but I'm no academic nor sciency type person. Just a humble video archives researcher. So I tend to consume lots of information and wallow in my life long ambition to be payed to watch TV.

A few comments on Fatness:

Fat: I don't mind the fat jokes...everything is fair game AFAIK in jokes It's the nature of a joke. I'm chubbly. Skinny people say I'm fat and fat people say I'm ok. The partner laughs at my man boobz by saying she wished she kept her training bra I tease her back...we laugh. I tend to have weight swings. 7 years ago I weighed 96kilos these days I weigh around 87kg at one stage in between I weight 83kg. I'm supposed to be around 75kg according to Chinese manufacturers of shopping centre scales which strangely match those weight for height charts in GP clinics seemingly geared for non- southern european folk who love their pasta, fresh bread and preserved meats with mystery white bits. Last time I weighed 75kg I was an amphetamine abuser and ate one meal a day. I can still see my dick when I look down...the barometer of measurement most men adhere to. I do count calories these days..not down to the single calorie but if I have a large lunch i'll have a small meal at dinner time. My work day bacon & egg roll with a flate white (only $7.50) breakfast is a luxury item I account for.

I don't like regimented excersise regimes. I'll maybe ride a bike on weekends, do some yoga once a fornight and a 30 minute brisk walk after a lunch if I have the time and it's not too hot. I'm 50 and not 30 anymore.

I'd rather be a fat happy person than a miserable skinny one.
1.85m, 76kg. Suck it!

Time for bed, right? But I'm listening to Reap and Mykeru. Gonna be a hard monday.

I'm 1.7m and around 86kg and don't come latching onto my leg on a windy day.... I'm just looking at a reflection of myself on the glass doors here next to my office...things look better front on than sideways....

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
1.85m, 76kg. Suck it!
1.86m, 85kg. Hah. That one centimetre makes all the difference.

franc

Post by franc »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Let loose the crazy cat ladies and their lovers of psuedo-war! http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... attention/

Oh, and CUNT! (don't want to be left out)
Crazy Cunt Lady: I’ll stop there. That’s enough. This Lucy Wainwright is unpleasant and callous and sloppy in her reasoning.
Doesn't even understand parallel logic either...

Amazing. Either genuine senile dementia is setting in, or Pruney is the Queen of all Trolls and will reveal herself finally some day soon.

franc

Post by franc »

Guest wrote:Anecdote does not = evidence
Rapist.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
1.85m, 76kg. Suck it!
Centimeters do matter... :whistle:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BarnOwl wrote:http://www.wunderground.com/blog/angela ... ntrynum=30

Holy fucken shit!! Batten down the hatches and stay safe, people on the US East Coast!
Right now Sandy is only feeling us up here. However, tomorrow we might get raped.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 37z50j.jpg

AKAHorace

Post by AKAHorace »

Altair wrote:
AKAHorace wrote: Colombiano ? yo vivia en Cali, mi novia es paisa. Estaba alla en Bogota el ano passado, vi los manifestationes estudantiles. Conoces San Antonio ?
Lamento la demora, tuve un par de dias muy ocupados. Si conozco San Antonio, de hecho mi mamá es de Cali e ibamos mucho allá cuando yo era niño. Ella vivió sobre la quinta, cerca a La Loma.
Planeas regresar a Bogotá pronto? sería muy interesante reunirnos y tomarnos algo, algo asi como la gente del hoyo (no estoy seguro que traduce slime).

Pienso volver Cali el ano siguente. Siempre paso por Bogota. Debemos communicar los tres, usted, yo y Munkhaus.

hasta pronto

Horace

Darren

Post by Darren »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
1.85m, 76kg. Suck it!
The correct response is, "muscle weighs more than fat".

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Listening right now - pondering podcasting myself.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Darren wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
1.85m, 76kg. Suck it!
The correct response is, "muscle weighs more than fat".
You beat me to it....

Someone who knows more about DNA & genetics may chime in but my understanding is that some genes turn on and off during certain phases in ones life. Like genes that control metabolism? is there such a thing? I certainly wish I had more of my mums genes and my dad's gene for will power seems to have eluded me. But my dad is a fat sexist cunt... I don't think there are genes for that

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

TheMan wrote:But my dad is a fat sexist cunt... I don't think there are genes for that
On the Y chromosome, dude - that's why all men are fat sexist cunts.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Lsuoma wrote:
TheMan wrote:But my dad is a fat sexist cunt... I don't think there are genes for that
I'm doomed then...I think all my Y chromosomes are down the bathroom sink drain.

Lofo DeBaere

Post by Lofo DeBaere »

Tigzy wrote:
cunt wrote:Lots of guests. Whats going on?
It is bloody busy at the moment. Maybe one of the lurkers can post as a guest and enlighten us?
Hi, lurker here.

My quest for entertainment, perhaps a little knowledge, the enjoyment of drama mixed with some lulz is the reason I'm here.

A video uploaded by a youtube fella named Justicar the other day is what finally made me search out this place through curiosity. The Slyme Pit was mentioned in the title, and it's not the only time I've heard or read about this place in the last month or two. I Thought I'd come and see what was shaking.

The back-story is that I was watching some video or other on youtube several weeks back, and from clicking a chain of related links ended up on one of Justicar's pieces to camera. From then on, I've loosely been following the same chain on and off, and have discovered blogs and youtube channels regarding scepticism, critical thinking, science and atheism. In doing so, I came across the whole Atheism+ mob, ftb, some men's rights activists, feminists and allsorts of other stuff. I see some people posting on here that I've recently stumbled upon too, these being Justin Vacula, Mykeru and Al Stefanelli so take a bow people, you're famous.

That's my overly-detailed story, don't know why any other fucker is lurking. I've been entertained by my recent voyages through cyberspace with regards to all this gubbins so keep up the good work and carry on dancing for me as I jump back into delurk mode and watch from the sidelines.

Cheers

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Hello Lofo... kinda new here too and de lurked for the same reasons excpet the only person I knew was franc and he's not famous and neither is anyone else here except for FTB 5...they are famous but I don't follow them.

By saying hello to you I moved my self up to the rank of welcome mat. At this rate I'll start blogging soon and learn the tricks of monitising so it's just not about the lulz anymore.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

I will then start my own religion and make a motza

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lofo DeBaere wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
cunt wrote:Lots of guests. Whats going on?
It is bloody busy at the moment. Maybe one of the lurkers can post as a guest and enlighten us?
Hi, lurker here.

My quest for entertainment, perhaps a little knowledge, the enjoyment of drama mixed with some lulz is the reason I'm here.

A video uploaded by a youtube fella named Justicar the other day is what finally made me search out this place through curiosity. The Slyme Pit was mentioned in the title, and it's not the only time I've heard or read about this place in the last month or two. I Thought I'd come and see what was shaking.

The back-story is that I was watching some video or other on youtube several weeks back, and from clicking a chain of related links ended up on one of Justicar's pieces to camera. From then on, I've loosely been following the same chain on and off, and have discovered blogs and youtube channels regarding scepticism, critical thinking, science and atheism. In doing so, I came across the whole Atheism+ mob, ftb, some men's rights activists, feminists and allsorts of other stuff. I see some people posting on here that I've recently stumbled upon too, these being Justin Vacula, Mykeru and Al Stefanelli so take a bow people, you're famous.

That's my overly-detailed story, don't know why any other fucker is lurking. I've been entertained by my recent voyages through cyberspace with regards to all this gubbins so keep up the good work and carry on dancing for me as I jump back into delurk mode and watch from the sidelines.

Cheers
Hello lurker. Good to hear that you have recognized the lunacy which characterizes FfTB and A+Theism. This is your first step to enlightenment. The second step involves spending an hour in a closet with Franc Hoggle, but don't worry about that just yet. I encourage you to look back through this thread, and go look at some of the unbelievable bullshit spewed by people such as PZ Meyers, Ophelia and Stephany Zvan. They declare themselves as representative of atheism and freethought, while being so obsessed with their own image that they shut down any dissenting opinion within seconds. Of note, this forum deletes nothing, except from one very specific person, who has a legal ban on posting in places such as this.

Have fun!

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

TheMan wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
I'm doomed then...I think all my Y chromosomes are down the bathroom sink drain.
Dude, it's cool. Just snap a single leg off of a few of your X chromosomes. Good as new! I heard it from a friend's sister's boyfriend's co-worker, so I'm sure it's true.

Mykeru

Reap's a FRAUD!

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Listening right now - pondering podcasting myself.
Not to turn you off of the idea, but I've been had.

The "interview" Reap has with P.Z. Meyers is totally suspect. I'm going to have to call bullshit:

Peezus never sounds that coherent.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Has somebody told Maria Myrback that Surly Amy revealed private information from a DMCA counternotice. That was information NOT available publically, whereas her address was. Further, has Maria Myrback realised that Justin responded to a LIE by Surly Amy, here she claimed his DMCA counternotice was simply a bid to get her address.

The Baboons and their LIES. They never stop.
Are you talking about @elevatorgate information?
Yeah.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:I am not a certified nutritionist or endocrinologist, so I'll pass the diet talk.

My only experience with calorie-watching was when I was working out. High intakes for mass, low intakes for drying. That's the full extent of my knowledge.
I'm not qualified either but very low carbs is the only way I can lose weight and keep it off. Interestingly in a low carb diet you don't need to count the calories. Whether that is because of the appetite suppression effects of not eating carbs or the fact that burning fat for energy is less efficient than burning sugars

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
justinvacula wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Has somebody told Maria Myrback that Surly Amy revealed private information from a DMCA counternotice. That was information NOT available publically, whereas her address was. Further, has Maria Myrback realised that Justin responded to a LIE by Surly Amy, here she claimed his DMCA counternotice was simply a bid to get her address.

The Baboons and their LIES. They never stop.
Are you talking about @elevatorgate information?
Yeah.
About that, in that video at the conference in Florida, Becky claims that @ElevatorGate lives in Florida, that they barred him from entering the conference, and that they got him fired from his job. He's told me that 1 and 3 are false [and that it didn't matter if 2 was true because he wasn't trying to go anyhow], so now I'm wondering: Did they doc-drop the wrong guy, or is Becky just being her usual, lying-ass self and making up bullshit to get gasps from a gullible* audience?

*Gullible enough to believe that listen to her talk is worth getting up that early in the morning! Maybe I should take a page out of the baboons' book and call them hyper-gullible.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

JackRayner wrote:*Gullible enough to believe that listening to her talk is worth getting up that early in the morning! Maybe I should take a page out of the baboons' book and call them hyper-gullible.
I really need to proof-read a little harder after restructuring sentences. That always gets me.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Over at Justin's blog, wankstain Oolon suggests Stefunny got in contact with Justin to "discuss" the petition. Justin replies that was not the case.

Where is the deluded Oolon getting his misinformation. The Baboon Narrative Department is at work again!

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

JackRayner wrote:About that, in that video at the conference in Florida, Becky claims that @ElevatorGate lives in Florida, that they barred him from entering the conference, and that they got him fired from his job. He's told me that 1 and 3 are false [and that it didn't matter if 2 was true because he wasn't trying to go anyhow], so now I'm wondering: Did they doc-drop the wrong guy, or is Becky just being her usual, lying-ass self and making up bullshit to get gasps from a gullible* audience?
Considering she also claimed in that same speech how a few months back organizers barred Sacha from attending a skeptics meeting at her request, which as Mykeru pointed out we all here know is bullshit, I'm skeptical of just about every word she said in that talk. Regardless when I read the part in bold I couldn't help but imagine some schmuck in a cubicle somewhere being tapped on the shoulder by his boss

"Pack your stuff guy. You're fired"
"Hey, what did I do?"
"You know what you did. Stalking and harassing that poor girl, er, woman online."
"Who?"
"Rebecca Watson"
"Who?"
"The skepchick"
"Who?!"
"She talks about skepticism and rape at meetings and confrences, and other shit like that."
"What's her day job?"
"... :? ... Just get the hell out misogynist."

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Oh, and another topic that has peeved me over the past 24 hours - Zinnia Jones' bitching about Cenk Uygur using "non-straight sex" to describe sex between a man and transgendered woman.
Maybe I'm an idiot but... isn't that straight sex? I mean that sounds pretty bloody heterosexual to me.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Steersman wrote:Then you might be interested in this study done by New Zealand's Broadcasting Standards Authority, page 17 in particular which puts “cunt” at the top and “nigger” just below it.
Like I said, we show American television shows here. It's not like we're unfamiliar with the word. It's just not one that's in use here.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Steersman wrote: Although I don’t see that a case could be made for “fucking” – the word only seems to add emphasis, I would say that “idiot” is probably analogous. Particularly since PZ and Carrier, among others, have argued, although not particularly well or very credibly, that it qualifies as an insult towards an entire group, similar to their position on gendered insults.
Well I'm going to keep using idiot, so I guess that shows where I stand on these matters. That's the closest I could think of to cunt.

franc

Post by franc »

JackRayner wrote:About that, in that video at the conference in Florida, Becky claims that @ElevatorGate lives in Florida, that they barred him from entering the conference, and that they got him fired from his job. He's told me that 1 and 3 are false [and that it didn't matter if 2 was true because he wasn't trying to go anyhow], so now I'm wondering: Did they doc-drop the wrong guy, or is Becky just being her usual, lying-ass self and making up bullshit to get gasps from a gullible* audience?
I missed something here. What was the reason for wanting to get him fired and how did they go about it?

Useless Guest

Post by Useless Guest »

rashul: "Maybe I'm an idiot but... isn't that straight sex? I mean that sounds pretty bloody heterosexual to me."

This was apparently about transexuals that were structurally still male, though dressing and acting female.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

franc wrote:
I missed something here. What was the reason for wanting to get him fired and how did they go about it?
Reason? Might have to do with the fact that @ElevatorGate's stated wish is to have her removed from SGU, that he pokes fun at her and the FC5[6, 4] with constant retweets and "storify" posts, and calls people like Justin Vacula "heroes", among other things. She refers to him as a "stalker", but we all know what the baboons mean when they use the term...

As for how...I'm not sure. It never actually happened, so...

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Useless Guest wrote:rashul: "Maybe I'm an idiot but... isn't that straight sex? I mean that sounds pretty bloody heterosexual to me."

This was apparently about transexuals that were structurally still male, though dressing and acting female.
I thought that was straight, too.

franc

Post by franc »

JackRayner wrote:
franc wrote:
Reason? Might have to do with the fact that @ElevatorGate's stated wish is to have her removed from SGU, that he pokes fun at her and the FC5[6, 4] with constant retweets and "storify" posts, and calls people like Justin Vacula "heroes", among other things. She refers to him as a "stalker", but we all know what the baboons mean when they use the term...

As for how...I'm not sure. It never actually happened, so...
I was wondering what *fabricated* charges they branded him with, not the obvious.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

I shall leave this link to John Baez' ancient "Crackpot Index" here.
(Have fun totting up the index of A+Theism!)
The Crackpot Index (A simple method for rating potentially revolutionary contributions to physics)

Oh, and 'rayshul', "idiot" is a perfectly respectable term from the Greek "idiotes" meaning "a private citizen".
It is whence the charming term "idiom" arose, vis: a personal behaviour, peccadillo, or idiosyncrasy.
Jack Raynor will have to wait in line for a while for my reply.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:http://www.wunderground.com/blog/angela ... ntrynum=30

Right now Sandy is only feeling us up here. However, tomorrow we might get raped.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 37z50j.jpg
Photograph taken Friday - The Great Dane is named Sandy:
same species.jpg
(134.64 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Useless Guest wrote:rashul: "Maybe I'm an idiot but... isn't that straight sex? I mean that sounds pretty bloody heterosexual to me."

Correct. I couldn't exactly say where on the spectrum a man who likes having sex with either pre-op transsexual women, or cross-dressing gay men would fall, but I don't think "straight" would be it. If a man is sexually attracted to someone with a male body, does the male-bodied person's claim to be or feel like they are a woman change this fact? :think:

It might just be situational homosexuality, too. There are plenty of examples of this. With the restrictions that women face in many Arabic countries [the story in question took place in one of these], I think it would be very difficult finding yourself a female prostitute.

Then, there's the whole "third gender" thing seen in some cultures [A+Theists can cry about the trinary view of gender in these. :D]. I remember watching an episode of "Taboo" several years back that covered such things. The Samoan "Fa'afafine" were an example of this. I remember it being specifically stated that in their culture, if a man has sex with a Fa'afafine, neither he nor the Fa'afafine are considered homosexual.

So....yeah. It might all depend on the culture.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

JackRayner wrote:

Correct. I couldn't exactly say where on the spectrum a man who likes having sex with either pre-op transsexual women, or cross-dressing gay men would fall, but I don't think "straight" would be it. If a man is sexually attracted to someone with a male body, does the male-bodied person's claim to be or feel like they are a woman change this fact? :think:

It might just be situational homosexuality, too. There are plenty of examples of this. With the restrictions that women face in many Arabic countries [the story in question took place in one of these], I think it would be very difficult finding yourself a female prostitute.

Then, there's the whole "third gender" thing seen in some cultures [A+Theists can cry about the trinary view of gender in these. :D]. I remember watching an episode of "Taboo" several years back that covered such things. The Samoan "Fa'afafine" were an example of this. I remember it being specifically stated that in their culture, if a man has sex with a Fa'afafine, neither he nor the Fa'afafine are considered homosexual.

But aren't we in essense talking about asthetics here?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

TheMan wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

I vote to just call it "sex" and leave it at that. Who cares what subcategory it might be classified into.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

TheMan wrote:
JackRayner wrote: Correct. I couldn't exactly say where on the spectrum a man who likes having sex with either pre-op transsexual women, or cross-dressing gay men would fall, but I don't think "straight" would be it. If a man is sexually attracted to someone with a male body, does the male-bodied person's claim to be or feel like they are a woman change this fact? :think:

Hm. After much pondering, I suppose this is [partly*] the case. The are "cis" women I'm not physically attracted to in the slightest, because, even though they have tits** and a vulva, they either don't display typical female sexual dimorphism, or display typical male sexual dimorphism. A quick example would be the type of body builders that take it this far. If you're familiar with the effects of hormones on physical development, their role in fertility, and the sexual selection aspect to natural selection, then estrogen is all I really need to say about my preference.

*Studies on things like the role of smell in sexual attraction come to mind.***
**I'm more of an ass, hips, and legs man, personally. Tits can be a plus though.
***Anecdote: A female friend of mines, whom I find physically attractive, has a smell that puts me off, and I don't believe it has anything to do with hygiene. For example, I still like the smell of my lover when she's a smelly, sweaty mess.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Anyways, here's something interesting that I found when I did a quick search on "sexual dimorphism" to make sure that I was using the correct terminology. It's the wikipedia article on the "Pioneer Plaques".

Apparently, there was a bit of discussion concerning whether to make the woman's vulva's features more realistic. About its featurelessness, Carl Sagan "later wrote":
The decision to omit a very short line in this diagram was made partly because conventional representation in Greek statuary omits it. But there was another reason: Our desire to see the message successfully launched on Pioneer 10. In retrospect, we may have judged NASA's scientific-political hierarchy as more puritanical than it is. In the many discussions that I held with such officials up to the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the President's Science Adviser, not one Victorian demurrer was ever voiced; and a great deal of helpful encouragement was given...The idea of government censorship of the Pioneer 10 plaque is now so well documented and firmly entrenched that no statement from the designers of the plaque to the contrary can play any role in influencing the prevailing opinion. But we can at least try.
:lol:

Funny, the petty things we humans concern ourselves with. About to launch a probe into outer fucking space, and a line on a vulva is seen as something of consequence...

franc

New, improved -

Post by franc »

franc

A+ parrot squawk image generation

Post by franc »

Base image + captioner and demotivator widgets -

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=179

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

1.85m, 65kg. I've decided I'm constitutionally incapable of gaining fat. I did my best for a couple of years - think dinners spanning multiple plates and a couple of hours, or whole pizzas at a sitting. Honestly, there was more than one occasion when I got looks of disgust from the staff at McDonald's or KFC at the size of my order. Yes, I was climbing a lot at the time, but all I managed was to put on about 10kg of muscle - which all melted away within a few months when circumstances forced me to cut back on the climbing. As far as I'm aware I've never had above ~10% body fat.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tristan wrote:1.85m, 65kg. I've decided I'm constitutionally incapable of gaining fat.
Physical age?

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Tristan wrote:1.85m, 65kg. I've decided I'm constitutionally incapable of gaining fat.
Physical age?

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Tristan wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Physical age?
35 for me when I started putting on more fat and muscle. Stopped taking drugs and getting shit faced on booze but also when I started slowing down with social activities. Till this time I too thought I was incapable of gaining weight. Ha!

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tigzy wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Good Lord! One might almost think that the Prune was stalking Justin Vacula:
Oops: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... attention/
Great url there.

Somebody should just read out all those emails. Including the part about shuttling the prune between the TAM and a secure secret location by limo and the part about PZ escaping being shot with an up-pants camera at skepticon.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

JackRayner wrote:
TheMan wrote:
JackRayner wrote: Correct. I couldn't exactly say where on the spectrum a man who likes having sex with either pre-op transsexual women, or cross-dressing gay men would fall, but I don't think "straight" would be it. If a man is sexually attracted to someone with a male body, does the male-bodied person's claim to be or feel like they are a woman change this fact? :think:

Hm. After much pondering, I suppose this is [partly*] the case. The are "cis" women I'm not physically attracted to in the slightest, because, even though they have tits** and a vulva, they either don't display typical female sexual dimorphism, or display typical male sexual dimorphism. A quick example would be the type of body builders that take it this far. If you're familiar with the effects of hormones on physical development, their role in fertility, and the sexual selection aspect to natural selection, then estrogen is all I really need to say about my preference.

*Studies on things like the role of smell in sexual attraction come to mind.***
**I'm more of an ass, hips, and legs man, personally. Tits can be a plus though.
***Anecdote: A female friend of mines, whom I find physically attractive, has a smell that puts me off, and I don't believe it has anything to do with hygiene. For example, I still like the smell of my lover when she's a smelly, sweaty mess.
When I wrote that just before logging off the PC at work I thought on the way home I should have clarified that a bit more as I was imagining that remark with anal sex in mind.

I was imagining an arse through hole in curtain type test and being "anal sex" curious and being an arse man in general. The aesthetics of the arse comes into play more than body odour and other markers or what lurks out front. AND if it came down to the question of "would you hetro boy fuck this arse hole". Cold and clinical I know.

Fleshed it out more with my partner when I got home. I tend to think anal sex is straight sex too...though my current partner is the only person I had the guts and maturity to bring it up with and she hates it. So I shall remain curious and non experienced. Though... There was a time I was certain I lost a shampoo bottle top

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tristan wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Physical age?
Yeah.
I was in the same boat, too, at that age, and for nearly two decades after.
Stuffed myself to bursting, didn't exercise an iota, remained like a garden rake.
Then: boom! Same eating patterns, same exercise, and now I have ballooned to 83kg! (@180cm)
Don't count on it continuing forever!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Few years ago I started getting weight (beer belly being the aspect I disliked most). Then I decided to change my diet a bit (no more beers) and started workinjg out. It did fine by me and I dropped from 86kg to my current 76. Due to my health issues, I had to stop working out after summer 2011, and I'm happy to say I haven't regained extra kgs yet.

But I'm not delusional, I know it's looming on me. I hope ending my life as a crancky old fat man who hits kids on the head with his cane and complains about his christmas presents.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Utakata says:
Blah blah...
People of hate
Oh fuck.
You all know how those cowardly creepy, oh so PC, namby-pamby, up-yer-jacksie, brie-eating, weasel-fucking-word'o'philes, who reflexively say "people of color" annoy the living crap out of me?
Now they have "Doubled-Down" on their language perfidy, and concocted another perfectly monstrous jingoistic abortion:
"People of Hate"!!
I mean to say, these fuckwits cannot be fully human, surely?

windy

Post by windy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Someone who wanted to talk about my most recent blog post reached out and chatted with me over Skype in preparation for their response and an ongoing discussion. Only if people did this more often...
What, communicating like adults, not making false assumptions and accusations? NONSENSE!
Reminds me of this (warning- may exceed your recommended daily intake of irony):
http://almostdiamonds.blogspot.com/2009 ... stion.html

Ford transit gloria mundi, or however that goes...

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Few years ago I started getting weight (beer belly being the aspect I disliked most). Then I decided to change my diet a bit (no more beers) and started workinjg out. It did fine by me and I dropped from 86kg to my current 76. Due to my health issues, I had to stop working out after summer 2011, and I'm happy to say I haven't regained extra kgs yet.

But I'm not delusional, I know it's looming on me. I hope ending my life as a crancky old fat man who hits kids on the head with his cane and complains about his christmas presents.
Yeah? After the recent hobo incident reported in this thread I'm developing the notion of being a hobo and beg for a living. The ultimate "fuck you" to the world. I've already looked at mapping where free shower facilities are. I'm counting on earning more coins if I'm cleaner. I'm sure beggers earn more than welfare recipients here in Sydney

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

TheMan wrote: I've already looked at mapping where free shower facilities are. I'm counting on earning more coins if I'm cleaner. I'm sure beggers earn more than welfare recipients here in Sydney
Hint: Universities have free ablution facilities.
And often free accommodation.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

decius wrote:For the lurkers, Gary Taubes is an unqualified charlatan, whose pseudoscience is debunked here.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... e-get-fat/
Have you read that article?

It hardly would be called a debunking, and it in no way supports calling Taubes a charlatan.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

TheMan wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Few years ago I started getting weight (beer belly being the aspect I disliked most). Then I decided to change my diet a bit (no more beers) and started workinjg out. It did fine by me and I dropped from 86kg to my current 76. Due to my health issues, I had to stop working out after summer 2011, and I'm happy to say I haven't regained extra kgs yet.

Yeah? After the recent hobo incident reported in this thread I'm developing the notion of being a hobo and beg for a living. The ultimate "fuck you" to the world. I've already looked at mapping where free shower facilities are. I'm counting on earning more coins if I'm cleaner. I'm sure beggers earn more than welfare recipients here in Sydney
I did earn more when living on the street and begging than I do now. I have some kind of ethos that prevent me from asking for welfare (although I'm entitled to it, and will use it as a last resort if in dire need). I also don't claim any copyrights for my work (my label and a few other companies seem to, though). I'm not much into that "money" thing. Enough to survive is enough for me.

I just don't want to end up begging again, it wasn't a nice experience and gave a blow to my self esteem for a while. I did, however, get hit on the head by an old man's cane. Totally deserved, I had made a huge arse of myself. I was about 12, and an old man came in the bus via the back door without a ticket, and I remarked to him this was illegal and he should be kicked out (I was dumber then than I am now, but probably not by a huge order of magnitude). He knobed my scalp and showed me his WWII veteran card which allowed him to use any local transports for free.

Where was I? Oh, never mind, just musing...

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... e-get-fat/
Has Taubes destroyed the old low-fat myth only to create his own new low-carb myth? Rather than jumping on the low-carb bandwagon before his ideas are properly tested, the precautionary principle suggests that it might be more reasonable to follow a moderate diet like the Mediterranean diet (or to follow Michael Pollan‘s stunningly simple advice to “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”), to limit “empty calories” from simple carbohydrates like sugar, to eat a variety of vegetables and fruits, to choose low calorie density foods that are more filling, to limit meat intake, to limit salt, and to keep looking for behavioral and environmental ways to change our calories-in/calories-out balance.
A conclusion like this relying on the precautionary principle in no way suggests Taubes is a charlatan or that he has been debunked.

It suggests a difference of opinion, but actually not even a negation of Taube's views, more like a dubiousness.

papillon

Post by papillon »

sacha wrote: Photograph taken Friday - The Great Dane is named Sandy:
Ooh lovely. I do like a Great Dane...maybe one day.
I've got a very raucous Weimaraner who's just about as much dog as I'm willing to cope with at the moment.
Cute GD pup is cute though..