Old subthreads
Mykeru

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Mykeru »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Darren wrote:
somedumbguy wrote: Third, "Do you feel there are any circumstances in which a person is obligated to have sex with you?"

Yes, if you are married to them, or in an exclusive relationship with them, that person is obligated to have sex with you.
Are you for real?

That's fucked up.
Just a little bit, hey.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

JackRayner wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:So, I prefer to mostly just read what other people are saying; and if I do bother to open my mouth at all it's only occasionally, and really only to relieve boredom - I tend to just stay on the sidelines rather than "take sides" by actually joining a community. But after an extremely headdesk-worthy exchange on skepchick.org wherein I was accused of being a rapist even though I explicitly stated "rape is wrong" (here if you want to read it: http://skepchick.org/2012/12/skepchick- ... /#comments), I've realized that this ridiculousness is getting to be a huge problem, so I'm throwing my lot in with y'all.

So, hi everyone. I guess I'm an evil misogynistic bastard now. :lol:
Yyyyyyeah. It was a mistake trying to have a rational discussion about adult sexual interactions with the chicks who pretend to be skeptical, and who jump to moralizing statements that are too complex for their little minds to process without their Feminism 101 Guidebooks.

About the "obligated" thing, I didn't read much more , but I think I got the gist of what you were trying to communicate. Hm. Let's see.... Here's my example:

Dude says "If a woman wants to be with me, she's has to be down to fuck every night, yo!"

This is a statement about obligation. Dude feels that putting up with a relationship should entitle him to nightly sex. To label Dude a rapist, potential/future/whatever, one would need to know what his reaction to not being given some ass on a nightly basis would be. So, Dude, what do you do if your girlfriend isn't in the mood to have sex on a particular night of the week?

If Dude says "Bro', I dump her gold-digging ass!", then it is safe to conclude that a person could feel that others are obligated to give them sex [nightly, even] without that person being a rapist.

Underline is mine. Yes, that's exactly the point I made over and over, and every time, it was ignored.

xinit

Post by xinit »

Lsuoma wrote:
xinit wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I'm just baking four dozen prosciutto and gruyère pinwheels. They'll be out of the oven in about 15 minutes. I'm in Atherton this evening, so if anyone want to pop round a grab a couple while they're still warm, feel free to do so. It's the house with the silver 2005 Honda CR-V and the red 1994 Miata parked outside.
Is this one of those Craigslist things? "Don't worry if we don't answer the door - there's a key in the flower pot. Just come in. There's a little game we like to play when people drop by... 'WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN? I'M CALLING THE COPS!'"
OMFG!!!! I'm being raped by xinit!!! Haaalp!
Finishing off 2012 with a bang.

franc

Post by franc »

Metalogic42 wrote:Oh, and thanks for all the warm welcomes. Not a single "FUCK YOU!!!" so far, it's quite nice.
Fuck you.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Darren wrote:I thought I'd shared this one from wtfsocialjustice on tumblr. Largish image, so I've hidden it in a spoiler.

"piv sex", apparently, means "penis in vagina sex".

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/dxeQ3.png[/spoiler]

wtf indeed.
Dude...

I am currently trying to forget that I ever, EVER read that. Is it...alright, do y'all think, if I just, like, go on and live the rest of my short life pretending that people that fucking stupid don't exist?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x17/ ... e210f1.jpg

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

somedumbguy wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:but SJW, can kill themselves, as far as I care.
Can't tell if serious.
Serious.

These people literally, not figuratively, want to take away my rights to due process and equal protection. These people want to enact quota systems to keep me away from education, employment, promotions.

These people advocate social policies that are way beyond Communism, because it's a gendered communism they advocate. From white men according to way beyond their abilities, to women far beyond their needs.

These people laugh and cackle and police speech and try to suppress my speech and call me a rape apologist, and rape enabler, and have in the past threatened to dox me, and call my employers.

They advocate taking my children away in court and they call that "best interest of the child. They have no empathy and will not support me. They do what they can to enslave me or put me in the ground.

Why on earth would I care if they tried to or succeeded in killing themselves?

They are noxious, twisted, hurtful assholes that try to bring others down. Fuck them. They can get cancer and die.
Ok, that clears up a lot, I hadn't noticed they've gone quite that far yet. Where are they saying all this?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

franc wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:Oh, and thanks for all the warm welcomes. Not a single "FUCK YOU!!!" so far, it's quite nice.
Fuck you.
:clap:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JackRayner wrote:
Darren wrote:I thought I'd shared this one from wtfsocialjustice on tumblr. Largish image, so I've hidden it in a spoiler.

wtf indeed.
Dude...

I am currently trying to forget that I ever, EVER read that. Is it...alright, do y'all think, if I just, like, go on and live the rest of my short life pretending that people that fucking stupid don't exist?

No fucking shit, Jack. If that isn't enslavement, then it's nothing. Really, I hope that I never, ever end up meeting someone like that. It not only buggers belief, it slips belief roofies, takes it down to the hobos on the other side of the tracks (h/t Jen McTitQuake), gets them to rape it and piss and shit on it, kicks the crap out of it, cuts its eyes out and throws it in a fucking dumpster full of rats.

Then accuses it of rape.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Eucliwood wrote: Ugh, Kassiane. I know her from a channel she used to go. I still go there, but she does not. I think she might still hang out at that stupid elitist channel though. She sucked then and she sucks even more now. Especially since she backed that total asshole, lion42. He was a major asshole. I swear he was trying to make people jump off of bridges... ironically, he made a mother of children feel like shit for feeling depressed being with an abusive husband. And here she is, at atheism+... if only I had logs of the type of people she swooped to defend. They're not friends anymore, but she was friends with him when he bashed any and everyone.

But then again.. I'm sort of friends with someone who goes to the board.. who also used to go to that channel... BUT BUT.. he got banned from an FtBblog! I won't name him since he's too embarrassed to be affiliated with me and the people over at A+ could figure out I'm friends with him.
What the buggering, bollocking, fuck are you talking about?

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

franc wrote:
Fuck you.
Dammit! You bastard, now I got jack & coke all over my forearm! :lol:

Six minutes late, but Happy New Year, cunts! :dance:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hmmm.

I really have to take back my sort of limp wristed pseudo support of Eucliwood, and ask: Is it one of those new, truly sophisticated chat-room type of bots designed to sucker in stupid teenagers to buy stuff? Or just some deeply self-absorbed, hyper-caffeinated teenage narcissist?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Plonk, bravo on the Rosebud satire. Very good.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John Greg wrote:Hmmm.

I really have to take back my sort of limp wristed pseudo support of Eucliwood, and ask: Is it one of those new, truly sophisticated chat-room type of bots designed to sucker in stupid teenagers to buy stuff? Or just some deeply self-absorbed, hyper-caffeinated teenage narcissist?
I'm still thinking troll. It morphs quite quickly - when being accused of being content-free it started to respond to some points, and now it's actually trying to be incendiary.

Still a loser, though. Still on ignore. Still a cunt.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Darren

Post by Darren »

JackRayner wrote:

wtf indeed.
Dude...

I'm sorry to have subjected you to that. I know some other pytters read wtfsocialjustice, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one to have my brain raped. I feel better now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Al Stefanelli wrote:[imgiggity][/imgiggity]
No WCoA?

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Metalogic42 wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:but SJW, can kill themselves, as far as I care.
Can't tell if serious.
Serious.

These people literally, not figuratively, want to take away my rights to due process and equal protection. These people want to enact quota systems to keep me away from education, employment, promotions.

These people advocate social policies that are way beyond Communism, because it's a gendered communism they advocate. From white men according to way beyond their abilities, to women far beyond their needs.

These people laugh and cackle and police speech and try to suppress my speech and call me a rape apologist, and rape enabler, and have in the past threatened to dox me, and call my employers.

They advocate taking my children away in court and they call that "best interest of the child. They have no empathy and will not support me. They do what they can to enslave me or put me in the ground.

Why on earth would I care if they tried to or succeeded in killing themselves?

They are noxious, twisted, hurtful assholes that try to bring others down. Fuck them. They can get cancer and die.
Ok, that clears up a lot, I hadn't noticed they've gone quite that far yet. Where are they saying all this?
Pandagon, Salon, Feministing, Feministe, etc.

It happened just two days ago in an Ophelia Benson thread at FTB.

Go into a thread that should be about social justice, explain your position as a divorced father trying to make ends meet and enforce visitation when the mother doesn't want to, or is actively trying to alienate the kids from you. Explain, just try to explain why you feel custody support tables are too high in many cases, or how deadbeats may not be deadbeats, try to explain any of that, and see what happens.

These people literally, as in literally, want to exterminate, erase you, enslave you. They have no regard for free speech, for equal protection, or for due process.

They will tell you this specifically if you ask them. Women cannot be sexist towards men. There is no such thing as misandry.

These are death threats. And while I would always intervene if I saw a suicide in progress, if the next day I read in a paper about some SJW killing his or herself, I would say fine. Wonderful. A good start.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

John Greg wrote:Hmmm.

Well, if she does indeed nearby as has been suggested, I'll at least offer the following explanation:
This region is such a shit hole, you either give up reason and join the church groups playing their holier-than-thou games, turn to drugs and alcohol, end up with an overactive disgust of humanity, or turn it all inwards and become a self important ponce with no social skills because you're avoiding everyone else.

We obviously chose different paths.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Darren wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

wtf indeed.
Dude...

I'm sorry to have subjected you to that. I know some other pytters read wtfsocialjustice, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one to have my brain raped. I feel better now.
http://www.alstefanelli.com/epicfail.jpg

cunt

Post by cunt »

So are you the ponce or the crack addict?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

John Greg wrote:Plonk, bravo on the Rosebud satire. Very good.
That need a bit of squinty head waggle for me. I thought:

http://i.imgur.com/5lV3L.jpg

might be an aerial photo of a sports field.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

cunt wrote:So are you the ponce or the crack addict?
Yep, soon as I hit "submit" I knew someone would say that. I blame my new years celebrating for missing that one.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Metalogic42 wrote:Furthermore, I’d even go so far as to say that we live in an *anti* rape culture – just look at how damaging to one’s reputation even the accusation of being a rapist can be, regardless of whether or not it’s true. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places (but if the very people who make up society is the wrong place, what’s the right place?), but it seems clear to me that society despises rape.
If anything, if there's a rape culture, it's against men.

Schoolgirl have sex with teacher - PERVERT PEDOPHILE CUT HIS BALLS OFF!
Schoolboy have sex with teacher - ... Was she hot?

Rape jokes are not funny!!
Hahaha he dropped the soap!

15 yo boyfriend have consensual sex with 13½ yo girlfriend - Boyfriend fined and sentenced to community service for child rape.
15 yo girl have consensual sex with two 13½ yo old boys - Court finds that if anyone was the victim, it was the girl, since the boys, by getting an early sexual debut, could be considered to have exploited her.

Violence against women are never funny!
HAHA he got hit in his balls!

Genital mutilation is horrible!
ROFL she cut off his dick!

Men can't get raped! If he was hard, he wanted it!

etc.

Honestly, to me it seems really strange that feminists keep talking about rape culture, since it's so easy to simply read the wiki definition and turn it completely around on them. The only way it ever works as a concept, is if you buy the "everything is rape" thing, ie. had a drink, gave in to nagging, or just had marital sex = OMFG RAPE!

Of course, to actually make that work, you have to sneak in some seriously retarded stuff in there so that not all the men becomes raped as well, else you end up with 98% of the population being both rape victims and rapists, at the same time. So they either have to degrade women into 10yo childs unable to take responsible for their own actions, or that men either deserve it or simply cannot be raped. Either way they go, they have to be so extremely sexist that any normal human being just would want to puke on them.

ps. Hi and welcome Metalogic42 (and all the other newcommers, so many new people, in such a short time!), and happy new year to everyone! Here's to hoping 2013 will be as full of "lulz" as 2012. Alas, with A+ almost dead it's not looking good. Then again, the Half Fish is still around...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

real horrorshow wrote:
John Greg wrote:Plonk, bravo on the Rosebud satire. Very good.
That need a bit of squinty head waggle for me. I thought:

http://i.imgur.com/5lV3L.jpg

might be an aerial photo of a sports field.
Rosebud.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Who or what is the Half Fish?

franc

Happy New Year (cunts)

Post by franc »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Search this thread for geweint haifisch.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Happy New Year (cunts)

Post by Lsuoma »

Where didja get the picture of Thunderf00t?

real horrorshow

Lsuoma wrote:
No WCoA?
The WCoA is more like a State Bird than a mascot. I thought this guy was the mascot.

http://i.imgur.com/iTkAZ.jpg?1

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Oh, Geweint.

I have heard FTBers complain about him/her. Apparently Half Fish is rather, controlling? Totalitarian?

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Lsuoma wrote:
No WCoA?
OMG, it was the Guinness, I promise. Please, forgive me:

http://www.alstefanelli.com/slimescot2.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Lsuoma wrote:
Where didja get the picture of Thunderf00t?
Smoking Gun mugshot gallery. I linked it before for Jan but he did nothing with it.

real horrorshow

Lsuoma wrote:Rosebud.
Yes I saw that after a while, but the original Rosebud had a rosebud on it, as a clue.

Besides, too many low-level missions over the porcelain delta man, flashbacks, can't talk about it.

Over Macho Grande? I'll never be over Macho Grande!

real horrorshow

Lsuoma wrote:Search this thread for geweint haifisch.
And all the joy that will lead to!
Lsuoma wrote:
Where didja get the picture of Thunderf00t?[/quote]

Oh Your God! The missing triplet. No wonder they killed him!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Darren

Post by Darren »

another lurker wrote:Who or what is the Half Fish?
HaifischGeweint, an occasional contributor to Crommunist's blog. s/h/it writes articles such as this one which explains why a person whi is HIV positive has no obligation to inform a sex partner of their condition, since doing that may cause the potential partner to discriminate against having a sexual relationship with them.

SJW FTW!

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Oh, pardon me. I suppose the WCoA should be white, so here's the fixed image:

http://www.alstefanelli.com/slimescot3.jpg

Darren

Post by Darren »

real horrorshow wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
No WCoA?
The WCoA is more like a State Bird than a mascot. I thought this guy was the mascot.

http://i.imgur.com/iTkAZ.jpg?1
As a compromise, may I suggest the White Cocker Spaniel of Authority:

http://i.imgur.com/LfgyG.jpg

The bitches name is Abby. If that's not a sign, I don't know what is.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Eucliwood wrote: Er no, but you could stop being so obsessed with me? You've already tried net stalking me. It's bad enough that you now know you live near me and joked about running me over - no idea if you'd NOT do it though. Everyone knows one psychopath... I don't want to be lesbiraped in my sleep.So please no more name mentions so that your obsession calms down.
:clap: You win one internets !!! :clap:

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

J.D.

Post by J.D. »

real horrorshow wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
No WCoA?

http://i.imgur.com/iTkAZ.jpg
Abbie should remember this:

http://scienceblogs.com/erv/wp-content/ ... CN0832.jpg

acathode

Post by acathode »

another lurker wrote:Oh, Geweint.

I have heard FTBers complain about him/her. Apparently Half Fish is rather, controlling? Totalitarian?
Completely fucking insane is the right term.

Made a guest post on Crommunist blog, talking about how society is discriminating against HIV+ people by making it illegal for them to have unprotected sex with others, without first informing their partner of their HIV infection. Also suggested using some new terms to remove the stigma, "poz" for HIV+ persons, and "converting" instead of "infecting"...

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Al ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!11!!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Ahem....

On a more serious note, Al, you really should maintain pedantic specificity and accuracy and ensure that the letter "O" is properly presented as "o", and not "O". As in, the furious raging and massively tumescent WCoA.

If you get my drift.

HAHAHAHA.

Plonk

Post by Plonk »

http://i.imgur.com/ExC9h.jpg
Here's the source pic for my last photoshop, to clear things up a bit. (I had to take liberties with the plot too)

Michael K Gray

Gravity Lamp vs PZ Lyers

Post by Michael K Gray »

Executive Summary:
PZ is an incompetent libellous cunt, and a failure as a scientist.
Re his gravity lamp train wreck: the thing described could easily make a worklamp that emits 64 Lumens for a half an hour!
Perfect for reading his non-existent book by.
Even by privileged Western standards.

Gravitational potential energy of a 10kg mass over a 1.5m drop:
Joules = 10kg × 1.5m × 9.8m/s
= 147J

Watts = Joules/second

@ 30 minutes between "lifts":
Watts = 147/(30 × 60)
= 0.0817W

@ ≈90% efficiency = 80mW continuous.

Now, superbright white LEDs can easily put out 100Lumen per Watt.
So this means 8 Lumens if the LED is omnidirectional.
But these LEDs are Tightly focused, and ideal for work-lamps.
I can safely say that they focus their output so that it is concentrated at least 8 times better than omnidirectional.

Which amounts to a work lamp with a usable 64 Lumens at 1 metre, at an absolute minimum.
New Cree LEDs can manage 200Lumens/Watt!

It could be made from a discarded stepper-motor from an old printer. Not exactly in short supply!
The electronics would have to be a bit more than diode rectifiers to achieve 90%+ efficiency, given that LEDs have a minimum switch-on voltage — 1.8V for a bog-standard red LED, and anything up to 4+V for high-power spotlights. But for an 80mW white LED, my guess is around 2.3V before they will produce anything. Ordinary diodes sap 1.2V to start with, so they are out.
Luckily cheap stepper motors have two phases, so when one is under voltage, the other is above.
But for true efficiency, we need 2 sets of synchronous MOSFET bridge rectifiers.
Cheap as chips, plentiful, and almost zero loss.
Add a supercapacitor reservoir as a buffer/smoother before the active current regulator (again, these are cheap as chips from China).
That way we scavenge almost all of the energy to turn into light.

I might make one, just to prove that PZ Lyers is a libellous jack-ass, but that would be guilding the lily.

And no, I am not going to steal that hat for my avatar. I only wear Akubra hats.
(Although I do have a genuine 19th Century Stetson Bowler hat, like Butch Cassidy's. I don't wear it much. it makes me look like more of a dickhead than usual.)

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

Well crap. Looks like they may have gotten to James Randi.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3342 ... owdown.png

cunt

Post by cunt »

James Randi probably doesn't run the jref twitter account himself. That's weird though, those tweets have been deleted.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Also took a look at Jen McReights twitter. Sick of writing about feminism because she knows too many people who've turned into portlandias feminist bookstore parody.

[youtube]oCHAcplVurQ[/quote]

Post by Guest »

Not a "gotten to." The latter and sterner remark is aimed squarely at "they" who would take the most offense, I would say.

He's probably more sick if the shit than most, while wanting to stay out of the spotlight or add any more crazyfuel.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

cunt wrote:James Randi probably doesn't run the jref twitter account himself. That's weird though, those tweets have been deleted.
Yep, I don't see them either.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

rayshul wrote:
cunt wrote:James Randi probably doesn't run the jref twitter account himself. That's weird though, those tweets have been deleted.
Makes me glad I grabbed a screenshot then. That was fast, although I did respond to one to point out that he might not want to think of A+ as an ally.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Can see comments in response to it though on the timeline (search for jref)... and it was retweeted by this chick:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

AchronTimeless wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Makes me glad I grabbed a screenshot then. That was fast, although I did respond to one to point out that he might not want to think of A+ as an ally.
Yeah, that was bloody good going - there was only one other screen shot I could see and it only caught one of them.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Try again.

[youtube]oCHAcplVurQ[/youtube]

UnbelieveSteve

Post by UnbelieveSteve »

(pimpin' my new hat)

Happy new year mofos.

AchronTimeless

Post by AchronTimeless »

rayshul wrote: Yeah, that was bloody good going - there was only one other screen shot I could see and it only caught one of them.
I think I just got lucky that tweetdeck glitched and didn't remove it from my feed when it was deleted. As soon as I refreshed it, it was gone.

comslave

Post by comslave »

Happy new year!

Let's hope this one has fewer idiots than the last one.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AchronTimeless wrote:Well crap. Looks like they may have gotten to James Randi.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3342 ... owdown.png
JREF had to say that - SurlyAmy is one of their corporate sponsors now, remember?

https://secure3.convio.net/jref/site/Do ... tion=form1

(Actually, I don't think either of these statements suggests a problem, as long as that doesn't equate to "forgo skepticism when faced with 'feminist' hair-trigger wrath". I didn't expect to see Randi show up here, did you?)