Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
dinkum

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by dinkum »

Gumby wrote: I love how she admits she hasn't paid any attention to her Big Idea since she thought it up. Jen McCreight is an insult even to armchair activists.

She basically threw a jug of milk, a bag of flour, a bag of sugar and a styrofoam carton of eggs into the oven and set it on "bake", thinking it would just miraculously transform into the perfect cake. What a fucking moron.
Yeah, right, she hasn't paid it any attention. Pull the other one, it's lubricated.

Oneiros666

Post by Oneiros666 »

Gumby wrote:Here you go Oneiros666:
Thank you, good sir!

And a happy new years!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Oneiros666 wrote:
Gumby wrote:Here you go Oneiros666:
Thank you, good sir!

And a happy new years!
And you as well!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

And you got another writing gig. Congratulations!

Dang, dude. Do you go to bed before you have to get up?

Dan

Post by Dan »

My top 5 stupid cunts of the year

1 Greg Bin Laden

2 Paul "Mangina" Myers

3 Richard Cranium

4 Old Prunie

5 A tie between Disinterested Cow & Eddie 2 cows

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

I approve of the list, Al. I don't know much about the JT/Justin thing. I know Emily Brooks also supported his step-down, but disapproved of the way it was handled. I like JT. :(

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:I love how she admits she hasn't paid any attention to her Big Idea since she thought it up. Jen McCreight is an insult even to armchair activists.

She basically threw a jug of milk, a bag of flour, a bag of sugar and a styrofoam carton of eggs into the oven and set it on "bake", thinking it would just miraculously transform into the perfect cake. What a fucking moron.
No kidding. She's petulant because she's a one-hit wonder? Most people at least try before they fail at their second shot.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Damion’s Top Bottom Five

5. Watson – Failing to read up on any legit evo-psych between her first talk on the subject and her second talk on the same. Utter skepticism fail.

4. Eberhard – Sullying the otherwise good name of Patheos Atheist Channel with various baseless personal attacks.

3. Christina – Shamelessly promotes the idea that Packhard is a sex criminal and Grothe covers up sex crimes. Refuses to address the factual basis (if any) behind these libels or retract any of her accusations.

2. Myers – Refuses to engage with his opposition.

1. Cromwell – Provided a platform to pro-HIV bug-chasing agitprop. Also, the shameless comment editing.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:Well, looks like what's been obvious to us all along is now official:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... b1b79e.jpg

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL
Or maybe she's realizing this shit is not what she should be spending all her damned time on. She's not PeeZus, using this as a replacement for a career that never was. She's bloody young, and has a wide open future in front of her, especially if she stops wasting it trying to be a darling for a movement that isn't.

I hope she ignores the fuck out of Atheism, FTB and the entire lot, and does some awesome science. I'd love to see her name in connection with some cool science that actually helps the planet. Better than being known as a fucking atheist. That's about as noteworthy as being brown-eyed.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

welch wrote:Or maybe she's realizing this shit is not what she should be spending all her damned time on. She's not PeeZus, using this as a replacement for a career that never was. She's bloody young, and has a wide open future in front of her, especially if she stops wasting it trying to be a darling for a movement that isn't...
If it turns out that's so, then she ought to give a nod to Abbie, who could've saved her a wasted year.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/blaghag/201 ... nd-simple/

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Stretchycheese wrote:I'm not a photoshop expert, but here's a site with plenty of Soviet propaganda posters that Jan Steen and others can play with, should they so wish. :P

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Russian-P ... 98225_.htm
Man. Some of those are really beautiful! Seriously, though. No kidding. I think the people that designed those propaganda posters were artists in their own right. When I have time time [hur hur, Regreta] I'd really like to try and bite their style.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Tigzy wrote:Listen to the Houyhnhnm.
Oh, well played sir, well played! Don't tell me you didn't hug yourself with glee over that one!

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

welch wrote:Or maybe she's realizing this shit is not what she should be spending all her damned time on. She's not PeeZus, using this as a replacement for a career that never was. She's bloody young, and has a wide open future in front of her, especially if she stops wasting it trying to be a darling for a movement that isn't.

I hope she ignores the fuck out of Atheism, FTB and the entire lot, and does some awesome science. I'd love to see her name in connection with some cool science that actually helps the planet. Better than being known as a fucking atheist. That's about as noteworthy as being brown-eyed.
"awesome science" is a bit of a stretch. I havent seen any evidence that she'll be other than mediocre, then to compensate she'll be pulling the "woman in science" trope.

But, rivers are not set in stone. Maybe she'll pull her finger out, in a psychological sense, and her mental age will catch up to her physical age.

Oneiros666

Post by Oneiros666 »

Hey guys! Wow, drunkenness is still awesome. Even though I am turning 32 years in 20 minutes, and have been enjoying the joys of alcohol for the last 15 years, it still manages to surprise me in its awesomeness.

But, that's a digression. I wanted to post this and ask you guys what you think:

http://i.imgur.com/vNrvM.png

I like TJ (TheAmazingAtheist). I have disagreed with him vehemently on several occasions, I dislike his pretentious stuff (f.ex. poetry vids) and really dislike his support of violence (i.e. his support of HardCaseOwnsYou/FakeSagan's repeated threats of violence); but I like TJ overall. He comes off as a generally cool guy, imho. But I do not read his blog posts, nor his participation in forums. And this is where you guys come in: Has TJ been active in the AtheismPlus debate? And if so, what has been his position?

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Gumby wrote:Well, looks like what's been obvious to us all along is now official:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL
Jennifer McCreight religious conversion in...3...2...1...

Christianity+ anyone?

comslave

Post by comslave »

Gefan wrote:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL

Christianity+ anyone?

I'd love to see her convert to Islam. That face was made for the burkha.

Cupid Stunt

Post by Cupid Stunt »

I like TJ (TheAmazingAtheist). I have disagreed with him vehemently on several occasions, I dislike his pretentious stuff (f.ex. poetry vids) and really dislike his support of violence (i.e. his support of HardCaseOwnsYou/FakeSagan's repeated threats of violence); but I like TJ overall. He comes off as a generally cool guy, imho. But I do not read his blog posts, nor his participation in forums. And this is where you guys come in: Has TJ been active in the AtheismPlus debate? And if so, what has been his position?

He did this video about Becky in which he gave her both barrels

[youtube][/youtube]

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Reap wrote:Ok I need everyone to list your TOP 5 jerk-face, moron, fuck-wad,A+ idiots or FTB assholes for my end of the year list. No need to give reasons why and if you think that more than 1 can fit in as number 1, thats ok. I'm not sure the best way to tally it. List it here unless it gets messy I guess? Or if you cant risk posting it here then hit me up on FB (Reap Paden) Polls close at 11:59pm pst Jan 1
Here's my list;

1] PeaZy
2] Stefunny
3] Twatson
4] The Prune

And last but not least, for making a total ass of himself while defending these idiots: Dillacunty.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Happy New Year, you cunts!

<3

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

comslave wrote:That's it. Every time you post those harpies, I'm retaliating with pallette cleanser.
You do like your East Asian hotties don't you? Not that I think that's a fault.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

welch wrote:
I fort she wantz to be a ritter when her studies dun

skepCHUD

Post by skepCHUD »

The 5 worst bloggers
5 Benson
4 Svan
3 Laden
2 Myers
1 Watson
Creepiest/ most pathetic commenter
This is a fiercely competitive area, the Pharyngula crew, Anthony K, NoRedhead,Caine,Janine hallucinating liar, Josh, etc. have been battling the A+ bunch, Setar and his deranged elven buddies.
What prevails though is extra hard work at being stupid, thinking that endless rounds of gamesmanship makes him clever, and the amazing feat of having the bloggers and commenters of everywhere he goes to tell him to fuck off, propels one lowlife toady to the lowest of the low on the internet:
Pedoloon aka. colon, oloon, oolon

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comslave wrote:
Gefan wrote:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL

Christianity+ anyone?
Maybe you would like to post your photograph so she can take potshots at your looks too? ….

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

tfoot wrote:okay, so its over 48 hrs since I put the video up, ~50k views and a 95 % approval rating,

and yet this is greeted by complete silence from baboon central. That's unprecedented!

Do they realize that they have been damned by their own words and the best thing they can do is ignore it and hope no one sees their stupidity/ hypocrisy?....
They're all probably trying to drown their sorrows and consequences in alcohol. We know Rebecca Watson is. Let's wait and see what happens after New Years, when they're sobered up from partying. Last year, there were multiple Witch Of The Weeks after the New Years Day....
http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Witch ... _7.2C_2012

I wouldn't be surprised if I see a blog starting out saying, "It's the New Year, and my resolution is to blah, blah, blah, social justice, blah, blah, blah, Tfoot is a misogynist, blah, blah, blah,.... Bring in the first witch!"

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Steersman wrote:
comslave wrote:
Gefan wrote:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL

Christianity+ anyone?
Maybe you would like to post your photograph so she can take potshots at your looks too? ….
So it's fair for me to call her a horse-faced hag, right? Because she's a horse-faced hag.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

skepCHUD wrote:The 5 worst bloggers
5 Benson
4 Svan
3 Laden
2 Myers
1 Watson
Creepiest/ most pathetic commenter
This is a fiercely competitive area, the Pharyngula crew, Anthony K, NoRedhead,Caine,Janine hallucinating liar, Josh, etc. have been battling the A+ bunch, Setar and his deranged elven buddies.
What prevails though is extra hard work at being stupid, thinking that endless rounds of gamesmanship makes him clever, and the amazing feat of having the bloggers and commenters of everywhere he goes to tell him to fuck off, propels one lowlife toady to the lowest of the low on the internet:
Pedoloon aka. colon, oloon, oolon
Just my opinion, but I think Simpleflower from A+ takes the prize for looniest, drooliest commenter. No contest.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

All is not well n the Chymepit:

http://i.imgur.com/JFnBk.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tkmlac wrote:It is a witch hunt, otherwise they'd be blogging and smearing the people that actually are saying dipshit things to them or threatening them. Instead, they go after big names so they can try and supplant them with their own internet fame. It's stupid.

I envy the real activists in the real world who don't spend a lot of time on the internet who look at me and say, "PZ who?" I always say "nevermind," because I don't want to spoil it for them.
The people responsible for this schism are repeaters: Third rate bloggers who would just repeat what the people who actually produce content do. At best they did link aggregation. Their thinking they could parlay their "famous on the internet" status into replacing the people who actually did things I can only liken to a deluded stenographer who convinced themselves that they were so good at taking dictation, that they didn't actually need the people dictating to them.

It does explain why even the "best and the brightest" of the stenographers have produced exactly squat.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:All is not well n the Chymepit:

Can anyone provide some context on the bit about buying a gun out of spite?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

At Meyers's blog, johnfraser1 wrote:
i tried to participate in the blog comments a few days ago and in response was attacked and insulted by your “harsh, sarcastic, opinionated, ferocious critics” who also made incorrect assumptions about the motive/reasons behind my opinion.
The obnoxious Caine responded:
You were insulted, yes. There was good reason for that, too. You were not, however, attacked. Unless you’d like to tell us about the Pharyngulites who showed up at your door, of course.
Caine, please tell that to Becky Whatnot, who has taken thousands of dollars to make the same tired old claims over and over again: "They're literally coming to get me!!".

ConcentratedH2O, OM

JackRayner wrote:

I think it's just that she's vociferously anti-gun, and in her childlike mind she fails to see how incredibly threatening that comment, which is meant to convey she's so angry that she would break the most strict of her own rules, could sound to an adult.

Darren

Post by Darren »

My top 5 shitty cunts for 2012:

1. Watson
2. Zvan
3. PZ
4. Laden
5. Brayton

Watson gets #1 over Zvan only because I believe The Inzvanity actually buys into her own bullshit, whereas Watson is more calculating. PZ & Laden are just pricks, and Brayton sneaks in at #5 just 'cos I don't like him.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
JackRayner wrote:

I think it's just that she's vociferously anti-gun, and in her childlike mind she fails to see how incredibly threatening that comment, which is meant to convey she's so angry that she would break the most strict of her own rules, could sound to an adult.

blimey - maybe she should gibe A+ another chance - that woman is need of hugz

Darren

Post by Darren »

Gumby wrote:
lurker4now wrote: I distinctly remember seeing two conversations around the same time: One might have been on Twitter, it was a bit of giggling over what hoops they'd make Dawkins jump through in order to join, and how much fun that would be. The other was on FTB, about Atheism+'s proposed 'Official Safe Space' designation for conventions which would not only require anti-harrassment policies, gender and ethnic diversity, etc., but also speakers like Rebecca Watson and PZ Myers.
It would be great to have screenshots of that!
I could only find this discussion on the A+ forum:

http://i.imgur.com/JwWBT.png

franc

Post by franc »

Stretchycheese wrote:I'm not a photoshop expert, but here's a site with plenty of Soviet propaganda posters that Jan Steen and others can play with, should they so wish. :P

This image really needs a loving touch -

Destroy this mad brute

I've toyed with it by I lack the patience/skill to do it justice.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Darren wrote: I could only find this discussion on the A+ forum:

http://i.imgur.com/JwWBT.png
Everything's in black and white. Don't these people have any concept of nuance?

/rhetorical

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:

Destroy this mad brute

Vogue already tried to do something with that pic, and they got fucking hammered for it.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 8b34a7.jpg

franc

Post by franc »

Stretchycheese wrote:Satire is quite an effective messaging tool. Much like how Jon Stewart's The Daily Show and The Colbert Report rip a new one out of Fox News on a regular basis. The Slymepit already uses a lot of satire (Jan Steen's work, for instance). The use of satire can be used to thwart FTB/A+ memes, dogmas and newspeak.
Quote that bears repeating -

"How much truth is contained in something can be best determined by making it thoroughly laughable and then watching to see how much joking around it can take. For truth is a matter that can withstand mockery, that is freshened by any ironic gesture directed at it. Whatever cannot withstand satire is false." -- Peter Sloterdijk

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I have only dropped by the A+ forums a few times, and I never did even try to sign up 'cause I knew that would be a total waste of time.

I got to say, everytime that I did read any of the threads, especially any thread with such bizzaro circus freaks as Simple Flower in them, I felt a really weird mixed sense of projected embarrassment, squeamishness, pity, revulsion, and a sort of sick and pathetic ridicule.

Odd sensation, indeed.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Ed Brayton, 4 hours ago:
Is everyone else getting inundated with end of year fundraising pleas the last couple days?
Ed Brayton, 3 hours ago:
Thank You So Much
freethoughtblogs.com
After my recent surgery I asked for contributions from those in a position to give them to help make up for the lost income and expense of the
Im glad he is far away from me right now.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

I'm too fucking optimistic. Some part of me is saying "leave the cult, Jennifer" and "you're starting to see some of the bullshit for what it is, yay", but yeah, right. Like that's going to really happen. She's more likely on a pout-flounce.

xinit

Post by xinit »

John Brown wrote:
EdgePenguin wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:Now that we have both Thunderf00t and Richard Reed posting here, can I have a resolution to a question that's been bothering me:

Separated at birth? I think we should be told!
I'm going with the evil twin hypothesis.
Pfft. Everyone knows that the "evil twin" is the one with the goatee. Since both of these gentlemen have facial hair, it is obvious that your hypothesis is incorrect.

Science, motherfucker.
Evil TRIPLETS. Somewhere, there's the body of the good one.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

judging by the racket outside, its now proper UTC new year

happy 2013 one n all

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ERV wrote:Ed Brayton, 4 hours ago:
Is everyone else getting inundated with end of year fundraising pleas the last couple days?
Ed Brayton, 3 hours ago:
Thank You So Much
freethoughtblogs.com
After my recent surgery I asked for contributions from those in a position to give them to help make up for the lost income and expense of the
Where did he say the "Is everyone else..." quote? It's not on his twitter feed. Is it on Dispatches along with the other quote?

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Facebook

Darren

Post by Darren »

ERV wrote:Facebook
http://i.imgur.com/KTsPn.png

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Gumby wrote: Vogue already tried to do something with that pic, and they got fucking hammered for it.

That image is on the cover of a book entitled Typecasting by Ewen & Ewen; I recommend it highly, very interesting read. Though as a friend points out, it could have used some attention from a skilled editor.

Wow, wonder if Jen's former atheist pals regret supporting the spoiled flouncing princess? Seen that sort of behavior more times than I care to mention - it's like a petulant child who tires of the toy s/h/it couldn't get enough of the week before, and throws it across the room. WAAAAAAHHHHHH. Cry me a fucking river.

Oh, and Happy New Year, y'all! :animals-cow: :text-happynewyear:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Darren wrote:

Thanks Darren. That was my goal exactly.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ERV wrote:Ed Brayton, 4 hours ago:
Ed Brayton, 3 hours ago:
Thank You So Much
freethoughtblogs.com
I'm quite discouraged, or maybe disgusted, by finding out that at least one of these groups pay their directors and managers 6 digit salaries, while begging money and using volunteers for all the hard work.

I know that for US groups, IF they list themselves as charities, they have to declare the salaries of their managers/directors/etc in some sort of 501 public listing, but does anyone know if there is a similar requirement for Canadian charities?

And the ones who are NOT even charities, I trust even less. Zero accountability *cough watson cough sarkesian cough soilyamy cough* begging 'good cause' money that is actually just their paychecks in a self made job there's no or little need for. Mooching off of the communities.

The question for each of these groups that is in my mind, is, are they actually doing much, if any, real activism to have earned such comfy amounts? I mean a bus sign here and a taken down prayer there, how much does that cost to do? How many high paid cooks are needed for those pots?

I'm very disillusioned with all the various groups, orgs, conferences, etc that have popped up. Reminds me of what the women's movement has been doing for years - making cushy careers out of social justice causes. Where the fuck are the true (dis)believers? Oh yeah, volunteering.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Gracias.

franc

Post by franc »

real horrorshow wrote:
dinkum wrote:Is it out of line to request that people stop reposting those fucking mugshots? I'm about to hurk up my cheese sandwich.
A valid point. Because we don't have any guidelines beyond the BB Code for Dummies thing. I'll post this here:

When quoting a long post and/or one with pics. embedded video etc. Only quote what you have to, to show what you're talking about. This helps with your loading time and reduces wear and tear on the scrolling finger.
That's like asking Eucliwood to think before clicking "submit".

But yes, it is fucking annoying and makes the site unusable on handhelds and with slow connections. The problem is that some people are so important they can't afford to waste the time to edit a post with reader consideration in mind to proudly proclaim in one line that they agree/disagree.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Rystefn wrote:
Steersman wrote:
comslave wrote: [spoiler]
Gefan wrote:

"Leave me alone!!!"

FAIL

Christianity+ anyone?
[/spoiler]I'd love to see her convert to Islam. That face was made for the burkha.
So it's fair for me to call her a horse-faced hag, right? Because she's a horse-faced hag.
Certainly seems fair considering that you’ve posted your own photo. Although I wonder how you’d feel if you looked like Don Knotts or Quasimodo instead of the Marlboro Man [if a somewhat studious/punkish version] ….

Dan

Post by Dan »

http://i.imgur.com/lxsTl.png

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

A bit amateur. I only have Irfan View at home.

http://i.imgur.com/4NYSv.jpg

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Gumby wrote:
franc wrote:

Destroy this mad brute

Vogue already tried to do something with that pic, and they got fucking hammered for it.

I can see why! The lack of nipple is quite reprehensible. Bad, Vogue. Bad! :naughty:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
This gets fucking annoying. Fuck you, Eucliwood, you fucking spastic fuck.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Gumby wrote:
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
This gets fucking annoying. Fuck you, Eucliwood, you fucking spastic fuck.
Hey, don't blame me. Clearly the moderator put a strict time limit up... that or you post just as fast as I do. :D

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BarnOwl wrote: That image is on the cover of a book entitled Typecasting by Ewen & Ewen; I recommend it highly, very interesting read. Though as a friend points out, it could have used some attention from a skilled editor.
I added to my wish list, thanks.
Wow, wonder if Jen's former atheist pals regret supporting the spoiled flouncing princess? Seen that sort of behavior more times than I care to mention - it's like a petulant child who tires of the toy s/h/it couldn't get enough of the week before, and throws it across the room. WAAAAAAHHHHHH. Cry me a fucking river.
Well, I wouldn't count on her ditching her main pals at FfTB, just the people who bought her A+ horseshit. She needs to remain important, ya know.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

EdgePenguin wrote:The formatting of that essay may be scientific-ish, but the language is anything but. None of the astrophysics papers I read refer to people who have an opposing viewpoint as 'bullying psuedo-intellectual self appointed X commentariat'. The most inflammatory thing I've read in astrophysics so far is "X chose to ignore this data", which was written in anger during the height of the cusp-core debate. Maybe I'm not looking at sufficiently foul-mouthed journals.

I'm sure the guy has some valid points (TL;DR) but it just bugs me a little when people display outward trappings of academia/science when their content is basically polemic.
PeeZuss Christ!!!!

(also congratz in avoiding the batshit crazies at your local Uni)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Happy New Year to all my fellow pitters!

:character-beavisbutthead: